Auto Warranty Expired?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4 Auto Credit Express Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

November 29 2016 my husband and I were there after shopping online and going by their many ads on TV and radio about low payments... Low my foot we found out... Due to our having an open car loan in both names with our other vehicle we had to apply as signer and co-signer understand and did that. I had advised from the get-go I only had $300 to pay down and Commercials still advertise down payments as low as $200 on a go-cart. Maybe we ended up scraping up $1000 due to them saying they had nothing below that. I couldn't get what I really wanted and the salesman pulled up a 2007 Nissan Maxima SL. My husband didn't really like it from the beginning but we drove it anyway and did the deal...

1st out of town we took in it to see how it would do. Found out the A/C blew hot and oil was showing up on the driveway. This is after a reassurance it had going through a checkpoint system from the salesman and thru paperwork. They replaced the A/C condenser and the oil cooler to fix that leak. CD player never worked but we played that off as a used car and let that go. Got a call from school on one of our kids and had to pick up the babysitter and the kid and noticed on the freeway my RPM as up to 4000 hit the gear shift to manual and it would go up from 3rd gear to the 4th 5th and 6th gear. Dropped off kid and sitter and went to Express Credit Service Center and 1st Lie from the Salesman, we were told when we bought it drop off the car for service they give you a loaner.

Wrong Service writer says no they have to look at it, diagnose it and if more than 3 days then you get a loaner, now granted it may be 1 to no matter how many days before they look at it and then you might get a car, usually a dirty smelly one with over 150,000 miles plus on it so right off the bat to the car wash and spray the inside to get the smells out. Turns out transmission was out, they did replace that. Next the right axle went out, supposedly fixed that and couple weeks later vibrated and made a noise. Turns out the go-to LKQ and get used parts to repair your car so they band-aid to get you by till they fix it...

Next issue was when the weather in the morning was freezing or below the car would run fine then all of a sudden just stop like it got thrown into neutral, won't rev, won't go over 20 to 30 miles an hour. I had a 10 mile trip every morning to get our 4 to 6 year olds to school using Hwy 11 you're doing 70 mph one second then it is like gas was cut off down to 30 no matter if an 80,000 lb truck is behind or smaller cars. They basically had the car every month for over a year before I did an online complaint on their website... We were down there dropping it off once again with the useless Service writers who have no experience at all dealing with issues...

OH forgot the right front axle went out and had to be replaced due to the used one they put in went out. Timothy went in and spoke with the Managers of the dealership and was told not much they could do. Another manager over that one overheard and pulled him into another room and pulled up the history. 1st the car was never put thru the checklist they have. Was pulled by the salesman from the back where cars were waiting to be checked... 2nd Found out they put a used transmission from LKQ again and that one didn't work, had to order one from Nissan. That one failed, so they ordered another one so 4 transmissions counting the original one...

They replaced air flow sensors, 2 motor mounts, and finally have we both had a fit took them 6 weeks to find out the ABS sensors was out then had the nerve when I signed off on it to pick it up they were doing me a favor and not charging me for this last service? Rubbing Salt in the Wound is what I felt. I will never buy anything from them ever again... Granted from the day I bought the car till present Jan 2019 I have lived up to my agreement every payment has been on time due to auto pay and the car has never not been insured... I am stuck with this car for another year and 4 months and pray that the thing makes it that long to trade it off. I've considered making a banner for the sides saying don't buy from Express Credit Auto you will be bait and switched...

Original review: April 23, 2018

I decided I wanted a 2nd vehicle because I have a van and wanted a car but keep the van. I saw that Auto Credit Express would finance one with no money down and bad credit and small payments. I applied and was accepted. I received an email telling me to go to Farris Motor company in Jefferson City Tennessee, I sent back that I didn't want to deal with those people. I called Auto Credit express to find out what other dealers I could use and a representative told me to go to Farris. I finally did call Farris and spoke with the guy that they told me and was on my when the man called me back and told me I had to have money down and a co signer. This is not what it says on their website.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

So I received a call from a car sales place. I told them I wasn't interested which I received an attitude for which is another story... So the manager tells me my app came from this site. I go on get the number to which I can't get anyone to answer. So I try the live chat which now thinks I want to apply for a loan because it must have word recognition instead of me asking how my info was given to them. So needless to say I still have this question and no one to speak to.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

Auto Credit Express appears frequently and prominently on auto sales websites such as Auto Trader and Cars.com exclaiming "you can pick your car." What they do NOT tell you is they pick the dealer and never disclose any of the terms. You are not told loan amount approval, contract terms or interest rate. Their phone number is a maze of other offers such as "trips to the Bahamas," alerts for seniors, Dish TV service etc. and you never reach Auto Credit Express nor do they answer email inquiries. Don't waste your time or allow them to add an inquiry to your credit file. Apparently you are to visit the dealer they select and then they shoehorn you into a vehicle and terms you never wanted. Stay away!!

Auto Credit Express expert review by Lauren Fix

Auto Credit Express offers loans and dealer connections, and it caters particularly to borrowers with bad credit. The company works in both the U.S. and Canada. They also have special financing programs for people with credit problems.

• Easy application: Auto Credit Express makes it super easy to apply for loans on the phone or online, and they process thousands of applications each day. Customers can use their simple online portal to provide income, credit history and background information to receive a decision almost immediately. The application is easy and takes 3 minutes.

• Large network: The company works with numerous dealerships across the country and partner with1224 active dealers nationwide.

• Credit repair: In addition to approving loans for borrowers with bad credit, they also try to help their customers repair their credit by setting up realistic opportunities for auto loan approvals.

• Military financing: They have a special military auto loan that can help active duty and retired military members get auto financing.

• Low APR: They feature low annual interest rates in order to make sure that customers don't end up paying large amounts of interest and creating more financial burden for themselves.

• Best for: Individuals with bad credit or who have just gone through bankruptcy, and want to repair their credit rating at the same time.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Auto Credit Express Company Information