Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.50/5

Securitas Security Services USA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Securitas Security Services USA?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Securitas Security Services USA?

Original review: April 18, 2016

I worked for this company for over three years and I got hurt on the clock and at a site. They denied me worker's comp and made it seem like I was a rogue employee. The branch manager doesn't communicate with the other office staff. They are unorganized and don't give two ** about their officers. They overcharge clients and keep the money that the officers are suppose to get for raises. There have been several officers who have been with the company for over 5 years and still haven't gotten a raise yet. Don't work for this company. If you like get screwed over and have your check messed up then this is the company for you. If not stay away.

Original review: April 12, 2016

The staff is very unprofessional including the receptionist that is very cold and has a nasty tone. It is a shame that a company that is supposed to be a leader in the security industry has employees like these representing them. How shameful!

Original review: March 24, 2016

Nobody does a better job at stealing from their clients and allowing theft than Securitas. I believe they are and always will be the country's top insurance write off. I worked for them from January 2004 to August of 2005. In August of 2004, I lost my grip on a ladder and one of the pads went through my work uniform like a knife through butter. In September of 2004 one of my co-workers tried to stop a ladder from falling, he tore out his shoulder and they were too cheap to pay workman's comp. My supervisor ran her mouth about what happened to me for months. In October of 2004 I requested a shift change from her. In Nov 2004 I was awarded a shift change and got written up for complaining I went to MCAD.

On Nov 9, 2004, I filed Brett ** v. Securitas Security Services USA Inc. Around the New Year 2005 Securitas submitted their legal response saying they did 3 different investigations of UPS in Chelmsford. Really. Have you ever heard of Massachusetts v. Michelle **? Michelle confessed to stealing $250,000 worth of prescription drugs from UPS. My coworkers had the basic responsibility of checking incoming and outgoing employees. UPS fired or removed numerous guards for not checking employees. After learning about Michelle ** I know why. Also Supervisors ** and ** both brag about how they drilled me with questions about my personal life. After I filed at MCAD I went from a 40 hour work week to 16-24 hours. I lost my MCAD complaint.

In July of 2006 I was collecting unemployment because Securitas turned my car into a ** snow bank and I quit my job at Benchmark Electronics. On July 24, 2006 I tried to attend an open house at UPS in Chelmsford MA. I parked at the UPS HR parking lot. I wanted to know how my co-workers would treat me. I walked across the street. Securitas Guard Ray ** greeted me with "leave or will call the police I left. I filed my second MCAD complaint on July 25, 2006. Securitas told 2 different stories to the police and MCAD. Securitas did not hand over the surveillance tapes to either the police or MCAD.

The government did not care that my supervisor was lying about the type and time of termination I received, that they did not tell the truth to either the police or MCAD or both. The government does pay Securitas over $1 billion a year in contracts, according to Securitas website they have 20,600 working federal contracts. I would argue that is why no police officer or MCAD investigator made any attempt to do an investigation.

Original review: March 7, 2016

About 10 yrs ago at, Home Depot on Nimitz, I had my precious Golden Retriever Brandy 1 in the bed with my bicycle that was locked to 2 corners of my Silverado's bed. Guess what? When I came back, my bike, locked, had VANISHED. I asked the boy collecting carts if he seen anyone taking my bike. He said the security guard that watches the parking had asked him for bolt cutters, as he did not but that SECURITAS guard was seen in the back of my truck cutting the cables. Til this day SECURITAS really still owes me $40 for a beautified Schwinn cruiser that was still new and has SENTIMENTAL VALUE. Forgot to mention that about SECURITAS. They HIRE anybody as the pay is dirt cheap, can only imagine what benefits are like.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

I was employed with Securitas for nearly 2 years. During that time Securitas in Vermont was becoming an established company. However, this company does not have their employees' best interest at hand. They overwork their employees by doing turn and burns, 12 hour shifts and come in on your days off. They do not offer sick time, no double pay for holidays, no paid vacations, and no shift differential pay. Communication is severely lacking - they do not follow through on what they are suppose to, they let their employees take the fall for their contractors, they 'yes' their employees without resolution or follow-through. There is a high turnaround of employees through this company because of the lack of everything with them. As an ex employee of the company, I enjoyed the people I worked with but I would not recommend any employment with this company because of the issues these people bring to the table.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

Qualitest Pharmaceuticals in Huntsville, Alabama does not have enough security to prevent theft of pharmaceutical drugs when there is nowadays high tech equipment for it which Securitas has at other sites but not at Qualitest. I guarantee many drugs are stolen out of that plant every day and the words must go out on them and someone find a way to get people in authority to let Qualitest and Securitas Security have it!

Many guards have left Qualitest site though it is Securitas Security's highest paying site in Huntsville, Alabama. I was harrassed by coworkers daily at first until I reported it. I felt I was standing on thin ice much of the time to try to hold my job. Other than that I hadn't got over the fairly recent loss of my mother who I lived with most of my 50+ years.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

Securitas is a horrible company to work for. You never get a raise and never have a chance to move up in the company and if you do get lucky and get to move up in the company you still don't get a pay raise. They let new people come on to your site and throw away your lunch everyone's lunch so no one gets to eat. You spend your hard earned money on food for work just for some new ** to come in and clean house and throw everyone's lunches away just to make it seem like there hot stuff and what does Securitas do about it? NOTHING but laugh, they laugh at you about that, they laugh at you about the raise and about moving up in the company. They think it's all a joke when really they are the joke. Again it's a HORRIBLE place to work.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

I was hired to work on the only armed guard account in the area. From day one I was ripped off and mislead about wages. I was told to arrive by 0800 and I stayed until 1730 hours completing their training. I was given three videos that take an hour each to complete and test on them. These I was told to complete at home. I was tested on firearms proficiency in the following week at a range an hour and a half from my home. I had to go to their office additional times at two hours to get a firearm and uniforms. The testing for the firearm was about an hour. I was only paid for 6 hours TOTAL. That was at minimum wage, after it was discussed I would do this for 11.00 an hour. I was sent to the ORACLE SOFTWARE site in an undisclosed location. I worked for 6 days and was only paid for 3.

The contract specified I was to be paid at a wage of 14.00 per hour and I do not know because I cannot get a pay stub from them. I quit and called the HR director who hired me. I left 3 unreturned messages. I was texted a message threatening that the authorities were notified I had not returned their firearm. The number came from **. I was in fact in the office at the same time I was texted this threat. I had contacted them earlier in the day and told them I had worked a graveyard shift and required at least 2 hours sleep to drive the 50 miles to their office. In the 2 hours I tried to sleep I was called every 10 minutes by them. This company is like no other I have ever worked for. I definitely agree with all the guards on the job site I was at that this company is the worst.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

Securitas is the worst security firm I've come across. There is no communication and no authority when it come to company guidelines and conducts. Horrible.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

I had gone through a very good pre-interview procedure with HR in Tucson for a position in Douglas, AZ. I am retired, served in the US Army pre-Vietnam, college grad, former business owner, professional in every way, perfect work history, perfect background, clean criminal record, reliable and honest. I was specifically stated they (Securitas) follows military personal grooming standards. I have a full beard and moustache. I was not offered an option to shave either as she stated no facial hair period. I stated this is not how the new regs are. She stated she was ex-military and these were the regs.

I later emailed her Army Regulation 670-1 governs hair and grooming practices which states neatly groomed moustaches are permitted. In the two days following this I informed her of four (4) different locations where their employees are working and noted observance at all four of moustaches and goatees. I have called but she will not answer but left her this information and asked for an explanation. Nothing.

Securitas Security Services USA Company Information