4.19/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

University of Phoenix MBA

The University of Phoenix offers programs at both graduate and undergraduate levels. Read more University of Phoenix reviews to learn about other degree programs offered. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

University of Phoenix MBA Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2019

The worst school ever! Especially financial aid department! 6 months after I enrolled documents after documents which I uploaded many times. Terrible school. Expensive too! I get the runaround and no one knows what doing. A joke.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been with the UOP since 2014 to present. During this time frame, I have completed the AA, BSHA, and currently finishing the MBA Program. I accepted a job in management with a behavioral health agency. The education obtained is well worth the money.

Get expert buying tips about Online MBA Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I enrolled in the UoP MBA program in beginning of 2013. The then Director of Academics was superb as a classroom instructor and manager, and my academic/financial advisor was good. Late 2014, my mother developed dementia, and subsequently my GPA decreased, I was put a probation and then disqualified. By the way, during this period, classes were on campus, and at one point, I was taking two courses simultaneously, and when one of the courses ended another begin. Simultaneously. And I did great.

Having been disqualified and only having the capstone remaining to graduate, two years go by when I was contacted by email by Keondria **, MBA, Re-enrollment advisor at UoP. She had done due diligence and devised a good strategy for success. Required to write an appeal for re-admission, I was successful. I would first be required to retake ACC/561 (a third time) and QRB/501, and earn minimal B's so that UoP could submit paperwork demonstrating my hard work and required grade, and financial aid would be released to cover the above courses and my capstone - STR/581. I earned a B. And that was it. UoP received federal funds and I did not hear another word. Three grade B's and nothing.

Around July 2018, I was contacted by phone by Diana **, Re-enrollment rep, UoP. I do not even know how she had my number because I had moved back to Missouri with a totally different area code. She engaged the same tactic as Ms. **, but first I would have to retake OPS/571 (which I had done twice and earned grade B's), and a course BUS/515 - which I am or was in my third week as of today, but because I earned a B in OPS/571 - again, I was disqualified by student financial services officially on Nov 16, 2018, because that's when verbal contact was made. But I had been receiving emails two weeks prior requesting payment for class, and I sent numerous, numerous emails to my "team", and the answer I got back, by email, is, "I'll check into it and get back to you" (Diane **, the new re-enrollment that ** had passed me to).

I sent a long email to the three individuals who were my handlers, because that in fact is what they are. The UoP received the federal funds again because they were able to prove that grad student IRN# ** completed another retake, earning the required grade as a matter of requirement, then, nothing. That email I speak of was sent around Nov 18th. And, nothing. Here is the thing, my original program was under MBA-022. They slipped me into MBA-023 to receive money.

Original review: June 3, 2017

University of Phoenix wants to see students who are enthusiastic about learning and seriously committed to obtaining whatever degree they are pursuing. The enrollment process was much easier than a standard university admission. The courses have been mostly helpful and very specific to the degree I am pursuing. I like that the course is flexible around my work hours, I can learn at my own pace, I am not stressed out about meeting deadlines or getting to class on time, and it is a great way to advance my career. However, it is difficult to move on to advanced topics when you have trouble understanding certain concepts. A teacher in a classroom can find innovative ways to help you understand things, so if you cannot grasp something online you have to wait until the next in class session. But it's fun and a way to get more out of life.

Original review: June 1, 2017

The professors are very knowledgeable, helpful, and always available when needed. The courses are very good, interesting and very helpful with job training. There is also good schedules for classes. However, they could always add more classes and a bigger variety. It was a lot easier to enroll than offline university. It was a very good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Phoenix MBA?

Original review: July 15, 2017

I like the simplicity and the convenience of the MBA program. It is easy to engage with the online platform and the courses have been helpful. The process of enrolling and taking courses was easy but complicated at times and I dislike the length at which it takes to register.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I like the professors because of the teaching system and the overall teaching and learning and friends and politeness, attitudes of some people. However, I dislike getting enrolled and taking courses online, and some people’s attitudes and the names of the program ‘cause that really sucks and mainly just prices are way too high for a poor person. Also, the difficult part of enrolling was getting approved, and taking courses was overall easy but sometimes hard depending on situation and homework. And the whole situation can get confusing if you don't know stuff and how to get around.

Original review: July 3, 2017

They are fast paced and strict with discipline and I like how they are really helpful with their classes and helps me reach my goal. But I hate the availability of options they have. It's seems like you have to be quick with the classes and they can improve on having more classes available. The enrolment’s easy but it was difficult for me in the beginning but was fast to get the hang of it. It also is very easy to engages onto an online platform

Original review: July 14, 2017

The faculty are excellent and do a great job preparing us for our career. I also have heard from fellow graduates that they give some of their success to the program. I also feel like my peers have been very supportive. It is fairly easy to enroll. I was able to do some research online and enroll within a few days. However, the cost of classes has been the biggest issue and sometimes my schedule interferes with the classes. Overall everything else has been great. The courses have been tremendous and I feel prepared for my career once I finish.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I like the teachers and support I get from the staff and I can go online if miss a class and take again to make up for class that I did. I got meet a lot of people and do stuff. It was what I was looking for in this new forms get to take. But, there should a class that I can take on weekend to make up credit for future classes I want or if I need to take something that I can do to help the situation to take me where I need to be. I got in just a couple of weeks, simple to use and get done. I like to take more classes.

University of Phoenix MBA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

University of Phoenix is a for-profit higher education institution with 91 campuses across the United States and extensive online learning programs. Its online Master of Business Administration program is flexible and allows working students to complete their courses at their own pace. Students may choose a certificate or concentration.

• Program length: The standard University of Phoenix online MBA is designed to take 72 weeks to complete, which is about 18 months if you work straight through without taking breaks between coursework. A majority of students take longer to finish; only about 10 percent of students finish the program after 72 weeks. A certificate-track degree (such as an MBA with a certificate in Accounting) or degree with a concentration (such as an MBA with a concentration in Finance) is designed to take two full years.

• Credit requirements: It requires 36 credit hours to complete the standard online MBA at University of Phoenix. For a certificate-track degree or a degree with a concentration, 48 credits are required. These totals include required and elective courses. If you already have professional or academic experience, check with an admissions advisor to find out whether your prior experience qualifies toward your credit requirements.

• Tuition and fees: Tuition is $740 per credit hour for a standard MBA. For those who take 72 weeks to finish, tuition, books and fees will total around $28,620. For a certificate track degree (for instance, an MBA with a certificate in Accounting), the total will be around $38,160. University of Phoenix offers several payment plans and financing options. It also offers scholarships to some highly qualified applicants and accepts federal grants and loans.

• Several specialization options: University of Phoenix offers several Master of Business Administration concentrations, including Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Accounting and Healthcare Management. Students can also choose a certificate track in Accounting, Marketing, Human Resource Management or Project Management.

• Accreditation: University of Phoenix is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The business school, which oversees the online MBA, is also accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs. It is not accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, so some employers may not provide tuition reimbursement for this school.

• Best for: full-time professionals who want to complete coursework toward an MBA at their own pace.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs