University of Phoenix MBA

Compare Online MBA Programs

Research top Online MBA Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Please do not go to the University of Phoenix. I was completing my Masters and because I withdrew from the university they came back that I owed them for some class back in April of 2016. I was not even notified about the balance. Once I withdrew, I was sent to collections. This month I got a letter stating I owe a balance of $1,275, for three weeks of classes that I took back in April. The funny thing is that I was able to pay for the next class and enroll in the same class and take the class and there was never a balance. How did you enroll in the next class if you have a balance? They never let you take a class unless you have paid.

When I withdrew the class they did not say anything about paying for the three weeks. They just said "You can take the class again." If a balance would have been mentioned, I would have never taken the next class. I called to complain, but the supervisor never called me back. So please think before you enroll. I see a lot of stories of people in the same situation. If you do not graduate they will find a balance.

I like the teachers and support I get from the staff and I can go online if miss a class and take again to make up for class that I did. I got meet a lot of people and do stuff. It was what I was looking for in this new forms get to take. But, there should a class that I can take on weekend to make up credit for future classes I want or if I need to take something that I can do to help the situation to take me where I need to be. I got in just a couple of weeks, simple to use and get done. I like to take more classes.

I like the fair but competitive price, amazing flexibility and vast multiple offerings that give me an opportunity to pursue a great educational experience at my own pace and personal schedule. The ease of registration and navigation through the sites are great.

I liked that you could work at your own pace. I work full time and also have two children, so when I had free time to do homework or attend class could vary from day to day or week to week. Enrolling was very easy. I did it all online and didn't even need to make a phone call. The courses were very informative and I know that I learned things that will help me in my career. Also, it was easy to engage in class discussions with other students and the professors. But I wish they would have more options for actual face time or maybe a building in a central area where we could drive to - those that were interested in a more personal experience or needed a better angle at understanding something.

The faculty are excellent and do a great job preparing us for our career. I also have heard from fellow graduates that they give some of their success to the program. I also feel like my peers have been very supportive. It is fairly easy to enroll. I was able to do some research online and enroll within a few days. However, the cost of classes has been the biggest issue and sometimes my schedule interferes with the classes. Overall everything else has been great. The courses have been tremendous and I feel prepared for my career once I finish.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Phoenix MBA?

My experience is amazing. All of the features that I know and personally enjoy are equally balanced and is great and I would prefer all of them. The courses has been indeed helpful, plus online platform is in between easy and difficult. The process of enrolling and taking courses was stressful and difficult and I would not like to do that again.

I love going to college here. It's very easy to just boot up my computer then go to my classes. I can roll out of bed and get it done with no problem. It's very easy for me to accomplish. The software is also working well. Everything is great about it. I love my class and my friends and it's affordable. The textbooks are interesting and I love my life every day.

I like the professors because of the teaching system and the overall teaching and learning and friends and politeness, attitudes of some people. However, I dislike getting enrolled and taking courses online, and some people’s attitudes and the names of the program ‘cause that really sucks and mainly just prices are way too high for a poor person. Also, the difficult part of enrolling was getting approved, and taking courses was overall easy but sometimes hard depending on situation and homework. And the whole situation can get confusing if you don't know stuff and how to get around.

I was not unsure if experience is going to be worth it but when I took the tour and started taking classes I was blown away. I have undergraduate from a traditional university and compare to that at UOP at least in my on-campus experience in Atlanta (Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area now) all my professors had working/business experience. Plus they were also working in the field of teaching so I felt my professors were teaching me practical stuff from real world experience. After my education I do feel my MBA in Tech Management helped me professionally in my career especially putting me ahead of candidates with similar background as me who did not have additional education.

I liked taking class from University of Phoenix because there was only a couple classes to take at a time and that I was able to have a time frame to complete the class work and post. We were also placed in a group. But the University class are limited and I did not like that they had a narrow set of programs available. I was looking for a Master in Social Work but settle for A Masters in Criminal Justice Adm. to prove to myself I could do it. Enrolment process depends, on the school. I tried another online class and it very stressful. One had to be on a certain time of the day so it cause a lot of conflicts with other responsibilities. Also in this class I did have a hard time engaging due to all the prof we needed to provide from the community and area.

They are fast paced and strict with discipline and I like how they are really helpful with their classes and helps me reach my goal. But I hate the availability of options they have. It's seems like you have to be quick with the classes and they can improve on having more classes available. The enrolment’s easy but it was difficult for me in the beginning but was fast to get the hang of it. It also is very easy to engages onto an online platform

It's easy to enroll in their courses because it's an easy sign up, nothing hard. The courses has really helped me a lot, I appreciate it. My work has been great with them. I especially like the way the school is designed because I feel welcomed. Their MBA is very organized, they choose the right teachers and they know how to teach good. However, the teachers were very cruel and mean about their work and I can't finish it on time. They should slow down on the work.

I did quite a bit of research before finally making my decision. Once I decided it was quite easy to enroll and get started. I am after a masters and it is important that it comes from a well respected and credited school. I know I can count on my degree from Phoenix and I am very pleased with them so far.

The University of Phoenix has made engagement with them and enrolling in classes quite simple and convenient for their students. I have had to take a few basic courses that won't apply overall to my career, but the majority of my courses and curriculum have been incredibly helpful to my career choices in the future. My biggest concern is the overall price of continued higher education these days. If I had to change anything about the program, I wish that the University of Phoenix's reputation was more positive. However, I like that it is so convenient and simple to pursue my education both online and in person. I also like that my classes and professors have been so helpful in furthering my specific education and beneficial for my and my family's future.

Enrollment is fairly easy. I had help from a counselor as this was a course to supplement the courses I was taking on campus which made the process much easier. The course is slightly more difficult because of the specific formats required to get the answers correct. I am not a huge fan of getting something wrong because the computer does not like the way I punched it in. However, I can do them at home while helping out with my family which is important. It give me a little more work life balance which we all need to stay happy and have a successful life.

The process of enrolling into the college was hassle free and took no longer than 20 minutes to sign up and complete my registration. Within a week I was accepted into the program and I was highly satisfied with the way they handled picking out my classes and courses. It was easy overall and the courses have been very helpful to me in life. The way this college operates is very smoothly with no or minor issues as well. There are many reasons to love this college because they are very effective and they help you to be successful in the long run for a very affordable price and they never let you down. This college is beyond average standards and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a college to attend online.

I like how it offers online courses and in class courses. It lets you decide how much time you spend on your studies. It also allowed me to focus on one study at a time and it's easier for me to stay focused rather than being distracted in a classroom with multiple students. It also offers a live professor to answer your questions and concerns about what you are learning. Also, the features are perfect for whatever situation you are in. They offer financial aid to lower class students. It gives you a sense of strength to know how well you can do. I had an amazing experience.

Enrolling University of Phoenix is very simple. Access is easy. You just have to sacrifice some outputs. The web page is very simple to understand and to navigate in it. The courses are very useful, very interesting and educational. I like to prepare myself to have an option for jobs and promotions. Feeding my intellect makes me better human. The program is very good but sometimes they should understand that we also work. They demand a lot. It's only a matter of time that sometimes it costs me the preparation. But it all makes sense once I make progress.

It was easy to engage with the online program of the University of Phoenix. I liked how quick it was to complete the program and how helpful the teachers and staff were in ensuring that you completed your courses. I still have staff and teachers that I keep in contact with today. However, the focus was more on completing the work than learning the material. Therefore, I did not retain much of what I learned. So, I would focus more on learning about accounting aspects as well as computer programs that are in common use in most businesses. Also, I would remove the fee that you need in order to receive your diploma. I graduated in 2007 and still have not received a copy of my diploma. Overall, great school for career advancement.

The features that I like about the MBA program is the quick and easy process of registration as well as the courses that are required to take. I extremely like the process of enrolling and taking courses. The courses have been very helpful and most of the time it was easy to engage with the online platform. However, there were times when it was difficult. Also, I dislike the difficulty of accessing course material. Overall, I'm grateful for the experience.

It's very easy to enroll and it's very convenient to take classes when I want to. The work is not so difficult that it consumes too much of my time as to take time away from my family or work. However, it costs too much. It can be prohibitively expensive for many students. I'd also like for the instructors to have more experience in business, so that they can bring those experiences into the classroom. The instructors are helpful, but sometimes I find their expertise lacking. Courses have been marginally helpful. I would like more real-world experience.

I transferred credits from another University and the process was very similar to the previous one. Fill out the application order transcripts and references. It was easy to work around my schedule and to participate in the classes. The course work fit well with my needs in the High Tech industry and provided information that was immediately useful. I don't remember any significant issues except for one instructor that I did not think knew as much as I did about online business. She was very focused on consumer products but I am in the B@B High Tech industry.

The courses about the MBA program is easy to understand, outstanding, exciting, has been helpful, and the platform is quality. The instructors and teachers are ready to help anytime there is any problems to solve. I like that they are unique and have quality education. They are rated as one of the best schools with qualified teachers and necessary equipments for teaching the students. Also their website is innovative, unique and outstanding and their school fees is affordable. Overall, it's an amazing, wonderful and exciting experience.

The University of Phoenix platforms are easy to use. It is easy to use the pages and the courses are helpful to master your degree. I also felt the classes were mostly essays. Some teachers were much more helpful than others. One major thing I would improve is although these were online classes, the teachers should be more able to helpful and understand these are only online classes, therefore be able to assist in any questions the student may ask. Also, some team assignments were very hard to complete when a member would not complete their section.

Applying to business school at the University of Phoenix can be a very long process. You've got fill out applications, write admissions essays, find letters of recommendation, take the GMAT or GRE and choosing the MBA program for you. Once enrolled, you'll likely be limited to using email and other online methods of communication to reach your professors and classmates. Nevertheless, University of Phoenix really helps you build professional qualities like your ability to commit. Your focus will improve as well. MBAs are usually designed for leaders too. So if you weren't a leader before, you will be when you're done.

Enrolling in University of Phoenix was easy. Courses were helpful and teachers were great. Administration was there when needed. Courses helped me with my job. And my everyday life. Easy paced and great professors. Teachers wanted you to succeed and help you with a bright future. Helpful courses and things were paced to your own liking. If I had a problem, teacher was right there. There was 1 thing that I disliked and it was a harassing professor. The school had issues with him before and the administration did not do anything until they said they would take them to court. Professor was fired on the spot.

Of the ways in which the MBA program operates at The University of Phoenix operates, I find it very beneficial how my specific program is tailored to my daily regiment. I certainly appreciates the flexibility of both physical/hybrid classes. In this way, it effectively accommodates my academic style, which differs per the rigor of the courses and the material. As a collegiate at the University of Phoenix, having endured how my MBA program operates, I can affirm with an ironclad assurety that nothing of this program is disagreeable to me. It is fine-tuned so much to the degree that you generally have the freedom to configure it, with some thoughtful consideration and directionality from the adviser.

And per my own volition and experience, I have strongly found that the enrollment process at The University of Phoenix is a tad bit lengthy, but once all of the information is properly ascertained, enrollment is seamless. My adviser was very adept and knowledgeable in helping me build a viable course schedule. He was able to answer all inquiries that I posed, from acquiring textbooks to transferring credits. The knowledge that I have acquired via the courses I have taken have immensely strengthened my repertoire in my major. I have gained a better understanding of the industry that I have always wanted to pursue a career in. My confidence to pursue this aspiration has undoubtedly lent itself to the professionalism at the University of Phoenix.

I like the program and I am so happy to be doing this and getting this far with it. It is really good and I learn so much from it. It makes me think hard and I like that in a program. It will improve my future and my family. I find the enrollment process so easy to do and it is just so much fun for me. It is the best thing ever that I could ask for.

The University of Phoenix's online program allows me to study according to my convenience. I have an 18 months old so flexibility is needed for my case. The online program helps me to study whenever and wherever I want. I wish though that the exam period could be extended a little longer. For people who don't have much time like me who only get to study about 5 hours per week, I wish I was given more options of study period before the exam. The enrollment process was really smooth. They helped me with my degree from outside US and they walked me through every process since I have a degree from a different country. They had staff ready to help me.

I like the online aspect that I could do my schooling at my leisure since I was working a full-time job and had three children under the age of 3. The participation and communication between the instructor and the students was clear and appropriate. The feedback was valuable to real life situations as well. The online process was not difficult and communication with the advisor was also accessible. Easy to communicate to know what my projected curriculum and schedule would be. I knew exactly what to expect to complete my program and it was quick and satisfying. It was an easy way to advance my education.

However, you didn't have the choice in group projects at times and there would be unequal amount of work distributed among group mates. I had a tendency of doing a lot more work than some of my classmates. This would be the only thing I would say seemed unfair. It didn't happen every time but when it did it was more work weighted on the other participants in the cohort.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

University of Phoenix is a for-profit higher education institution with 91 campuses across the United States and extensive online learning programs. Its online Master of Business Administration program is flexible and allows working students to complete their courses at their own pace. Students may choose a certificate or concentration.

• Program length: The standard University of Phoenix online MBA is designed to take 72 weeks to complete, which is about 18 months if you work straight through without taking breaks between coursework. A majority of students take longer to finish; only about 10 percent of students finish the program after 72 weeks. A certificate-track degree (such as an MBA with a certificate in Accounting) or degree with a concentration (such as an MBA with a concentration in Finance) is designed to take two full years.
  • Credit requirements: It requires 36 credit hours to complete the standard online MBA at University of Phoenix. For a certificate-track degree or a degree with a concentration, 48 credits are required. These totals include required and elective courses. If you already have professional or academic experience, check with an admissions advisor to find out whether your prior experience qualifies toward your credit requirements.
  • Tuition and fees: Tuition is $740 per credit hour for a standard MBA. For those who take 72 weeks to finish, tuition, books and fees will total around $28,620. For a certificate track degree (for instance, an MBA with a certificate in Accounting), the total will be around $38,160. University of Phoenix offers several payment plans and financing options. It also offers scholarships to some highly qualified applicants and accepts federal grants and loans.
  • Several specialization options: University of Phoenix offers several Master of Business Administration concentrations, including Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Accounting and Healthcare Management. Students can also choose a certificate track in Accounting, Marketing, Human Resource Management or Project Management.
  • Accreditation: University of Phoenix is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The business school, which oversees the online MBA, is also accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs. It is not accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, so some employers may not provide tuition reimbursement for this school.
  • Best for full-time professionals who want to complete coursework toward an MBA at their own pace.

Compare Online MBA Programs