University of Phoenix MBA

Compare Online MBA Programs

Research top Online MBA Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Enrolling University of Phoenix is very simple. Access is easy. You just have to sacrifice some outputs. The web page is very simple to understand and to navigate in it. The courses are very useful, very interesting and educational. I like to prepare myself to have an option for jobs and promotions. Feeding my intellect makes me better human. The program is very good but sometimes they should understand that we also work. They demand a lot. It's only a matter of time that sometimes it costs me the preparation. But it all makes sense once I make progress.

It was easy to engage with the online program of the University of Phoenix. I liked how quick it was to complete the program and how helpful the teachers and staff were in ensuring that you completed your courses. I still have staff and teachers that I keep in contact with today. However, the focus was more on completing the work than learning the material. Therefore, I did not retain much of what I learned. So, I would focus more on learning about accounting aspects as well as computer programs that are in common use in most businesses. Also, I would remove the fee that you need in order to receive your diploma. I graduated in 2007 and still have not received a copy of my diploma. Overall, great school for career advancement.

The features that I like about the MBA program is the quick and easy process of registration as well as the courses that are required to take. I extremely like the process of enrolling and taking courses. The courses have been very helpful and most of the time it was easy to engage with the online platform. However, there were times when it was difficult. Also, I dislike the difficulty of accessing course material. Overall, I'm grateful for the experience.

It's very easy to enroll and it's very convenient to take classes when I want to. The work is not so difficult that it consumes too much of my time as to take time away from my family or work. However, it costs too much. It can be prohibitively expensive for many students. I'd also like for the instructors to have more experience in business, so that they can bring those experiences into the classroom. The instructors are helpful, but sometimes I find their expertise lacking. Courses have been marginally helpful. I would like more real-world experience.

I transferred credits from another University and the process was very similar to the previous one. Fill out the application order transcripts and references. It was easy to work around my schedule and to participate in the classes. The course work fit well with my needs in the High Tech industry and provided information that was immediately useful. I don't remember any significant issues except for one instructor that I did not think knew as much as I did about online business. She was very focused on consumer products but I am in the B@B High Tech industry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Phoenix MBA?

The University of Phoenix platforms are easy to use. It is easy to use the pages and the courses are helpful to master your degree. I also felt the classes were mostly essays. Some teachers were much more helpful than others. One major thing I would improve is although these were online classes, the teachers should be more able to helpful and understand these are only online classes, therefore be able to assist in any questions the student may ask. Also, some team assignments were very hard to complete when a member would not complete their section.

Applying to business school at the University of Phoenix can be a very long process. You've got fill out applications, write admissions essays, find letters of recommendation, take the GMAT or GRE and choosing the MBA program for you. Once enrolled, you'll likely be limited to using email and other online methods of communication to reach your professors and classmates. Nevertheless, University of Phoenix really helps you build professional qualities like your ability to commit. Your focus will improve as well. MBAs are usually designed for leaders too. So if you weren't a leader before, you will be when you're done.

Enrolling in University of Phoenix was easy. Courses were helpful and teachers were great. Administration was there when needed. Courses helped me with my job. And my everyday life. Easy paced and great professors. Teachers wanted you to succeed and help you with a bright future. Helpful courses and things were paced to your own liking. If I had a problem, teacher was right there. There was 1 thing that I disliked and it was a harassing professor. The school had issues with him before and the administration did not do anything until they said they would take them to court. Professor was fired on the spot.

Of the ways in which the MBA program operates at The University of Phoenix operates, I find it very beneficial how my specific program is tailored to my daily regiment. I certainly appreciates the flexibility of both physical/hybrid classes. In this way, it effectively accommodates my academic style, which differs per the rigor of the courses and the material. As a collegiate at the University of Phoenix, having endured how my MBA program operates, I can affirm with an ironclad assurety that nothing of this program is disagreeable to me. It is fine-tuned so much to the degree that you generally have the freedom to configure it, with some thoughtful consideration and directionality from the adviser.

And per my own volition and experience, I have strongly found that the enrollment process at The University of Phoenix is a tad bit lengthy, but once all of the information is properly ascertained, enrollment is seamless. My adviser was very adept and knowledgeable in helping me build a viable course schedule. He was able to answer all inquiries that I posed, from acquiring textbooks to transferring credits. The knowledge that I have acquired via the courses I have taken have immensely strengthened my repertoire in my major. I have gained a better understanding of the industry that I have always wanted to pursue a career in. My confidence to pursue this aspiration has undoubtedly lent itself to the professionalism at the University of Phoenix.

I like the program and I am so happy to be doing this and getting this far with it. It is really good and I learn so much from it. It makes me think hard and I like that in a program. It will improve my future and my family. I find the enrollment process so easy to do and it is just so much fun for me. It is the best thing ever that I could ask for.

The University of Phoenix's online program allows me to study according to my convenience. I have an 18 months old so flexibility is needed for my case. The online program helps me to study whenever and wherever I want. I wish though that the exam period could be extended a little longer. For people who don't have much time like me who only get to study about 5 hours per week, I wish I was given more options of study period before the exam. The enrollment process was really smooth. They helped me with my degree from outside US and they walked me through every process since I have a degree from a different country. They had staff ready to help me.

I like the online aspect that I could do my schooling at my leisure since I was working a full-time job and had three children under the age of 3. The participation and communication between the instructor and the students was clear and appropriate. The feedback was valuable to real life situations as well. The online process was not difficult and communication with the advisor was also accessible. Easy to communicate to know what my projected curriculum and schedule would be. I knew exactly what to expect to complete my program and it was quick and satisfying. It was an easy way to advance my education.

However, you didn't have the choice in group projects at times and there would be unequal amount of work distributed among group mates. I had a tendency of doing a lot more work than some of my classmates. This would be the only thing I would say seemed unfair. It didn't happen every time but when it did it was more work weighted on the other participants in the cohort.

Working full time I was able to go to class around my schedule and it made it easier to fully engage both in class and with my classmates. The flexibility made it possible to go back to school and get my MBA with high honors. However, a online lab would be beneficial for a class such as statistics. The lab could help the older generations to learn the various uses of excel within the class, making it easier for them to truly understand and grasp what is being taught.

The University of Phoenix MBA is a great program for me, very enjoyable and it is also a great opportunity to get my master’s degree from a very good school. Plus, the enrollment process was easily done online.

I want to develop my career in a better way. With the knowledge everyone can achieve the success. I would be in a better position for help me family. University of Phoenix is an exciting place to stay. Every day I try to change to be better. "Let's go" is my favorite phrase. In every course I will acquire new abilities for my life. This works for my career and my personal development. However, I would like more innovation in the way to make the classes in every stage and space.

I like their online courses so I can work and earn at the same time. I can learn at my own pace and it is far less stressful than a standard university enrollment. I can also further my education at my pace and timeframe. There is difficulty understanding material sometimes, and that will impede me from going through the learning material, ie I would like to understand the basic concepts before moving onto advanced topics, and sometimes I have to wait until a session with a live teacher to really understand some concepts. Also, the interface takes some getting used to but after you become accustomed it is easy. There are good modules, tests, quizzes and even tools to track your progress towards your degree, and the site is well organized and helpful.

Enrollment was just a simple one or two steps. I did not have to call or go to admissions office. I was able to do it from home and was also able to pay quickly and apply for loans without a hassle. I like that the online classes allowed me to gain quick access in completing my degree. I also was able to do class work while at work and at home which is very easy and quick. However, the lack of classrooms did not allow me to focus when it was my class time. Sometimes you need one on one interaction with a teacher and you don't always get that from online.

I did not like University of Phoenix. It was a bad experience. It was too expensive for the lack of quality curriculum and interaction with the class. Enrollment was easy, but the instructors were unorganized and rude. They didn't even answer questions. I would not attend there nor spend money ever again.

Once I completed my bachelor’s degree in science I sent my transcript to UOP and filled out the application and started working on my master’s program. The enrollment process was easy and straightforward. The University of Phoenix master’s degree offered five week courses that automatically start one right after another and all instructions have field experience and the classes were challenging. However, the classes were very expensive. In addition, you had to pay one hundred and fifty dollars for the ability to access course material and if you wanted it in hard copy, you had to use your own paper.

The online option at the University of Phoenix MBA made it possible to work full-time while pursuing a degree. It is the best for my situation. I am able to maintain my current position, while completing the coursework, which is well-defined, appropriate for the length of the course and easily described. Plus, the instructors were readily available to answer questions or assist with work. Moreover, the site was easy to navigate and the tools required to successfully complete assignments, tests, or quizzes were easily located.

They have very reliable and quality classes. Teachers are well educated and organized with their work. The students are very prompt on their responses. I feel I learned a lot during my 2 years there. I look forward to many more classes that I intend to take. I will be enrolling in a couple more classes soon. Classes are also cheap and are filled with information. In the process of enrolling, it's easy to navigate. The platform is very self explanatory and if something becomes confusing, the support is always helpful and reliable. They seem well educated on their job and seem to understand what needs to be done. I have had a great experience in University of Phoenix and have recommended many future students to enroll there.

I like how it is mostly online. The classes are great and the teachers do a wonderful job with the students. I like the variety of courses and the help I receive when I need it. I think the MBA program is equipping me for a successful future. But with it being online sometimes it is hard to get things done because you have to be really self disciplined about doing your homework and studying. It has been relatively easy to access the online platform. They give you information and walk you through the steps. It has enabled me to be in school with my busy schedule. I have to work so this allows me to accomplish what I need to for my occupation.

It was a lot easier to enroll for the online courses than for traditional college courses. It was very convenient and the courses were relevant and helpful. It is a good program with a good reputation and it is affordable. It offers a wide variety of courses. I think some people would like to see more courses offered in specific business disciplines. The teachers are very good, knowledgeable and helpful. I think the teachers really care about the students and their future employment. I would recommend this school.

Enrolling is the easiest part. It only takes a few steps. Just make sure you have all your documents and paperwork because you'll need it. Friendly people that make sure you are doing what you're supposed to do and you are not behind on any work. They also make sure that you come first which means they work with your schedule. Some things I don't like about the MBA is that people are rude and don't think about their actions which makes me dislike them. But other than that the institution is great.

The campus is very nice and I love how nice and friendly the environment is. I would recommend this to people who are looking forward to master these types of skills. Everything seem pretty simple and pretty easy to understand. I like everything about the website. I haven't had any true trouble to where I think something needs to be changed or added to the online platform to make it any better than what it already is. :) The online platform is very user friendly. Enrolling in courses was really easy to do. It gives you a step by step information on how to do so. If you need help you can just ask.

It's flexible and I'm able to learn at my own pace. I enjoyed the courses and the lessons provided. I was able to navigate between the different selections of courses and educational choices offered. The professors were also available online or off-line to do research and was able to seek assistance from others when necessary. I can also digest the information at my own schedule and it was truly rewarding learning experience.

They were very helpful in the enrollment process. I called the 800 number and spoke with a counselor. Between us we determined the best path for me to take towards my goals. The school sent the documentation and it was fairly easy to complete. The entire process took about three weeks. My first class experience was better than I expected. The user interface that they use is easy to understand and to navigate. The instructors are people who have participated in real world businesses and have a great degree of experience and knowledge. Most are close to my age so a rapport is possible that I do not experience other places.

However, I would improve the live interaction software. It sometimes take a great deal of time to get connected. The interface often hangs and you have to wait for a good deal of time to get it to function again. When this happens it causes me to sometimes miss important points that the instructor or other students are making. This has been a common complaint. But I look forward to taking additional courses as time and life circumstances allow. Very satisfying experience.

Enrolling was an easy process over the phone with an enrollment counselor. They walked you through the steps and were there if you had any questions. They were very helpful. I found it easy to engage in the online platform. Being shy it was easier to talk to people than in person. The courses for the most part were helpful. But sometimes it is easier to learn be seeing not just reading. Some of the assignments could have been explained better and/or shown better examples. That was the hardest part was not having a good example of some of the work or a good set of directions of how to do it properly. Other than that, it was convenient and easy for me to do the work when I was able to. I didn't have to be in class at a certain time as long as I had the work completed on time. It was a good challenging experience.

I liked many facets. The fact that you have a personalized adviser that you deal with from beginning to end was as helpful as anything I could have hoped for. Wish there was a little more chance to network with other graduates of the MBA program there. Would have been interested in some face to face contact with others who had gone through the program. It was a fairly simple process to enroll and there were many different options in terms of class schedule. It was much easier/convenient than when I was trying to put together a schedule for a traditional university.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

University of Phoenix is a for-profit higher education institution with 91 campuses across the United States and extensive online learning programs. Its online Master of Business Administration program is flexible and allows working students to complete their courses at their own pace. Students may choose a certificate or concentration.

• Program length: The standard University of Phoenix online MBA is designed to take 72 weeks to complete, which is about 18 months if you work straight through without taking breaks between coursework. A majority of students take longer to finish; only about 10 percent of students finish the program after 72 weeks. A certificate-track degree (such as an MBA with a certificate in Accounting) or degree with a concentration (such as an MBA with a concentration in Finance) is designed to take two full years.
  • Credit requirements: It requires 36 credit hours to complete the standard online MBA at University of Phoenix. For a certificate-track degree or a degree with a concentration, 48 credits are required. These totals include required and elective courses. If you already have professional or academic experience, check with an admissions advisor to find out whether your prior experience qualifies toward your credit requirements.
  • Tuition and fees: Tuition is $740 per credit hour for a standard MBA. For those who take 72 weeks to finish, tuition, books and fees will total around $28,620. For a certificate track degree (for instance, an MBA with a certificate in Accounting), the total will be around $38,160. University of Phoenix offers several payment plans and financing options. It also offers scholarships to some highly qualified applicants and accepts federal grants and loans.
  • Several specialization options: University of Phoenix offers several Master of Business Administration concentrations, including Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Accounting and Healthcare Management. Students can also choose a certificate track in Accounting, Marketing, Human Resource Management or Project Management.
  • Accreditation: University of Phoenix is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The business school, which oversees the online MBA, is also accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs. It is not accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, so some employers may not provide tuition reimbursement for this school.
  • Best for full-time professionals who want to complete coursework toward an MBA at their own pace.

Compare Online MBA Programs