TutorZ

TutorZ

4.3/5 (21 ratings)

Find Tutoring partners near you

About TutorZ

TutorZ specializes in quality tutoring at an affordable price. The referral for students is free. Kindergarteners through college students can get help in over 500 subjects in centers across the United States.

Find Tutoring partners near you

TutorZ Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TutorZ?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about TutorZ LLC?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I'm preparing for my Step 1 exam, USMLE so I needed discussions with someone who is very much knowledgeable because Step 1 seems to be very important for the next successive exams. And tutors are the ones who can let me know where I'm going wrong, which one is important, and where to focus. So, I thought TutorZ would help and benefit me. TutorZ.com has been very helpful in figuring out a tutor for me. They provided me with the tutor's information and if they were not responding, there was a feedback from TutorZ.com saying that, "If you did not hear from this, there is another tutor," to keep me going, which I really appreciate.

The tutors were friendly and knowledgeable. The only thing is tutors also have their own things going on and the meetings are not an everyday thing. But my learning experience has been good so far. I have improved myself and it really helped me to be more focused, improve my concept and stay motivated. TutorZ.com has given me that support which I needed at the right time. It's really helpful for students who are looking for support and who want to improve. It's also very accessible and welcoming at the same time. So, we as students, feel comfortable to interact with them and try to figure out which tutor is good. Or we could always fall back on them to get some support. I really recommend it to anyone if they are searching for some tutoring.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I needed a tutor for my daughter and it was easy finding one through TutorZ. The tutor I've used several times now has been excellent and responsive. He communicates through email a lot and always comes prepared. Whatever my daughter needed assistance with, she benefited from TutorZ as far as the grades she got. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

TutorZ was the only site that my tutor was on and he had the best ratings, so I used TutorZ. Finding a tutor there was simple for the most part, and the tutors always responded with emails pretty quickly. Also, my learning experience has been better and easier ever since.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

TutorZ is hard to find because when I Google for tutors, it doesn't come up in a search. I found out about it as I was looking at some other website and they had a list of tutoring websites. I saw TutorZ there and I went through it from there. I've been tutoring for a long time through other agencies and I was trying to have more exposure by looking through different websites, not only on this but on several others. It was easy to join TutorZ and they also gave free credits when I joined, which was nice.

As for their staff, I had sent a question and one woman responded and then as I responded back to her, she never responded back. Then I remembered that I had previously talked to another woman who was very responsive, so I ended up emailing her and she responded. Ever since then, if I have any question, I go back to this one woman that I know because I found her responsiveness always good.

But I haven't really had much business through TutorZ. I've gotten queries but I haven't hooked up with anyone. There have been questions, and then either sometimes I'm full and I don't have availability or I respond and then it turns out it doesn't match up. On their website they say they have over 40,000 jobs, but they're counting it going back to the beginning of time when they started, which was in 2006. To say that they have 46,000 open jobs is a little misleading. It's almost like they're all active currently, but they're not. Only the last five days are active really 'cause if you respond to someone from 10 years ago, they're obviously not gonna reply to you.

They only probably get about 20 new jobs nationwide that come through in a day and that's during a good period. There's maybe one in my area everyday and that's just overall and it might not even be a subject that I match up with. During a slow period like summer, they'll only be getting three or four a day. That’s why they need to improve their web presence through Google. If I’m using them for a primary source of income, then I’m living on the streets for sure.

TutorZ response

Thank you for your review and stating that TutorZ provided you with additional exposure to students and that you have received free credits when joined. In fact, since you joined you didn't need to pay a single dime. All the students we referred to you and the time of that responsive customer service woman as well as additional PR was pro bono. It would have been fair and nice had you mention that instead of publishing distorted and misleading facts about our service.

You're right, TutorZ does not have the exposure on Google like bigger companies have but we are working on it. For example, January 2017 we will be rolling out a new design which will rank TutorZ higher on Google and allow users to mobile devices.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I've been a tutor before coming to TutorZ, and I was looking at the online options. My friend told me that it's a very good website. One can get the job, especially in his or her subject. I especially like it because it's a one-window operation. It's easy to access. I can easily get the students and I can communicate with them. I can also edit my profile or my rate, and I can change the information and the availability on the website. Also, I found the founder, Dirk, very friendly, accommodating and informative. I didn't personally meet him, but we've been communicating through email.

One thing I would like them to improve on is their website. The students post the jobs and sometimes they are not able to grab a tutor's information. It's not there. I wanted to respond to the student's request but there is no way to do it. I have to send the emails to Dirk and he is going to send me the email back. I would have to wait for more days to contact the student because I cannot do it until he puts the job on my account. Dirk informed me that they are working together with the website developer, though. Other than that, it has been very rewarding and self-satisfying since I became a tutor through TutorZ.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

TutorZ provides an excellent way for students to get in touch with a tutor. The way their system works, a student requests a tutor at no charge. The tutor receives notification that someone is seeking their services. The tutor can then purchase the student's contact information for a small fee (about $2-$3). Once this purchase is made, all further communication is free of charge. No strings attached.

I have 10 years experience as a tutor, and I feel this is a fantastic system. The problem with 100% free tutoring sites is that they don't seem to have enough funding to provide quality service. The problem with other sites that require payment is that they are greedy with how much money they require from both tutor and student. TutorZ provides a nice middle ground that is fair for all parties. What's even more remarkable is that they give new tutors a $10 credit so they can try out the site and gain students without putting down any of their own money. This is good business.

In addition, the customer service is first rate. I had a few minor issues while setting up my account, so I contacted TutorZ on two different occasions to help. Their response was fast, helpful and courteous. The only "negative" comment I can make is that TutorZ isn't the top hit on a google search. It deserves to be because I feel it is the best, most ethical service of its kind.

TutorZ response

Thank you for your positive and detailed testimonial, Nick!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

As a tutor, I've managed to find a few students through TutorZ. However, lead quality overall seems to be lower, and it's a tad inconvenient to run several different payment channels. Overall, just a middle-of-the-road experience.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I use TutorZ for client leads. After my purchase, I have gotten a few client leads but not as many as I expected. I think TutorZ needs to improve on that. Other sites such as Tutorselect that I use gives plenty of leads. Overall, I like the interface and the concept but something must to designed so tutors can see and contact clients when they view online tutoring requests.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

Good service. Found me students, a pleasure to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

This is a great site for finding wonderful tutors...

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

Where my query was sent. I identified 3 that I was interested in. Two were sent to a different service WyzAnt where the hourly charge is higher. I can go to WyzAnt myself. What a number of contacts I got - like I posted to a blog.

TutorZ response

Thank you for your review, Jerry! We have connected with with two of our partner company tutors because they were both an excellent fit for the accouting needs of your son.

Due to our partnership with WyzAnt 1000s of parents found great tutors especially in rural areas: http://www.tutorz.com/blog/2011/11/tutorz-com-and-wyzant-extend-partnership/

Your TutorZ Team

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

TutorZ has become my favorite source for obtaining new tutoring students, during the past few years. Instead of paying a flat fee for uncertain "pig-in-a-poke" website access, TutorZ is free to browse, and I purchase only those leads that I believe are qualified and suitable. Furthermore, the per-lead cost is remarkable low (only a few bucks, and even less after discounts), and the company does not get a "cut" (nor do they insist on having all contact go thru them). As a very experienced (and successful) tutor, I highly recommend TutorZ to any qualified tutor who is serious about growing his business (beyond word-of-mouth referrals), cannot afford expensive advertising, and doesn't want to give away 20-40% or more to some other website.

TutorZ response

Thank you for your kind, positive and detailed testimonial. Glad to have you as one of our star tutors, Bruce!

Dirk Wagner