Strayer University

Founded in 1892, Strayer University is a private, higher education institution which specializes in degree programs for working adults. The university is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees at over 90 campuses in more than 20 U.S. states and online. If you are a student seeking assistance, please contact us at getanswers@strayer.edu.

Compare Online Colleges

Research top Online Colleges recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This schools financial aid is a joke. They know absolutely nothing about IRS tax law or filing taxes. They lie and say the department of education is requesting more information when the department of education states they have not requested anything at all. They request that you refile your taxes and LIE about your living situation to meet what they think you should put down. Sorry but I am not going to commit a federal crime to satisfy what Strayer thinks my tax return should say when it was filed 100% legally with CORRECT information. When I discussed this with the financial aid and told them if financial aid did not go through I would be looking for another school I was told they didn't care as they have 50,000 other students. They do not care about their students whatsoever, as long as they get money from you that is all they care about. Seriously find someplace else to attend.

Good for working adults. I began online classes at Strayer in January 2014 and graduated with my Bachelors in December 2016. The experience of returning to college after 27 years was filled with challenges. My participation with their internal social media echoed some of the reviews here: financial aid is a problem for some. I did not encounter any of the problems with financial aid (I prepared all documents on time, and when I had questions or concerns, a call to my local campus returned answers promptly). The instructors were either good or excellent; all online classes require a lot of papers to be written, and as with all college classes, there was a lot of reading assignments. This is college, after all. I would recommend Strayer to family or friends, noting to them there is a lot of work involved in pursuing a degree.

As I was reading all of the reviews below, my husband and I can only shake our heads. Reason being is due to the exact same Financial Aid problems everyone was stating below has occurred with us as well. They will continue to send papers (esp the V4 and V5 forms) stating that something is missing or the signature isn't in the correct spot (not sure how that is considering there is a line and says student signature, but OK!), or the fact that my husband signs his name at times with his middle initial for which Strayer contacts us stating that we didn't provide them his middle name, therefore we need to redo the entire registration. I mean the list goes on and on. Needless to say, finally almost towards the end of week 4 our fin aid was processed! After weeks of the back and forth.

Well it doesn't end there. During the waiting process, I spoke with my adviser requesting to start the class. She told me that if I log into blackboard that we would be charged the entire amount of the classes and would need to pay that out of pocket expense (thousands of dollars, to add). Once our fin aid was approved we began our class (again, almost into week 5). We went online to get our book voucher and it had expired (how, I do not know because we just got approved), so of course we had to wait on that. The delivery was approx 3 wks. Therefore, reaching wk 9 of an 11 wk class. They wouldn't allow us time to submit our work and with finals now approaching we had to take the loss of an F for both classes. FINE!!

However, next term we immediately took the same two classes. We were able to start on time and was able to stay on track with the submission of all of our work assignments. We both ended up with an A in one class and a B in the other class. Of course it doesn't end there... NO WAY!! A week before this coming spring term, we received a notice that we are on academic suspension due to failing the first term classes. The dean got involved (he actually was really great and it's unfortunate that he is at Strayer) and was able to help us with understanding how to complete the appeal form. Of course, the first submission was incorrectly submitted. Although the instructions were not on the form on how Strayer would like this appeal form submitted, the Dean contacted me and told me that it needed to be typed on the actual form itself. FINE!

Well the PDF wouldn't allow any edits, we had to convert the PDF to a WORD doc. Then had to print it out, had sign the paper and scan and attach in a document. We were told that during this process our set of classes we selected for spring term wouldn't be dropped and that an Academic Recovery Plan would be sent to us thru DocuSign and that we needed to sign and send back. Well we did that. The Academic Recovery Plan highlighted our 2 spring classes to take and that we must keep at least a 'C' in both classes. Well... (I'm not even done yet...) apparently they received a message from my campus (Manassas VA campus) to withdraw my husband and I due to non-payment and that we must pay out of pocket for our 2 classes in order to continue (however, we both were approved for financial aid for 2017-2018).

I have been in school for awhile. I started at NOVA for several years obtaining my degree before transferring to Strayer and NEVER have gone thru anything like this. It is UNREAL how they treat you. I feel DOE (Dept of Education) needs to investigate their wrong doing and I would like anyone facing these problems to contact me thru my email. This is NOT FAIR. This has got to stop. We need to all come together and take a stand against Strayer. Their operations. Their academics. Their advisers. Their SFS (fin aid dept). Anyone else involved in Strayer and their wrongdoings. These are people's lives they are affecting and it's NOT FAIR!!! Please contact me ASAP. Together let's take a stand against the unethical operations of Strayer University.

The financial department in this school is a joke. No one there is trained to know what is required for you to successfully be verified. Employees keep your documents on their desk month and not upload them to the system, just to make sure you don't get approved. They find every reason to stop you from achieving your dream, the process is so stressful in this school that it takes away your focus on your classes. The whole financial aid team needs to be replaced, they are simply " incompetent". I will never refer a friend or family to this nightmare school. Please think twice before choosing this place.

I been with Strayer since November and since then I have fax, emailed and mail documents that are supposedly missing. The whole department has send me emails about the documents missing but when I asked who is reviewing so I can just send it to them, they refused to give me an answer or will change topics. I was suppose to be cleared by now. After 5 months of dealing with this, I got super depressed and end up failing my classes. I was a top student with 98.88 averages. I will never ever recommend Strayer to anyone. I am in the process of seeking a lawyer to sue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Strayer University?

I've graduated college twice, in all those years I have never been given the runaround by a finance department ever. For 3 months they found a reason not to process my financial aid. They started with a month after I was accepted to the college and into my class about 44 days and decided to ask me for my high school diploma and that's why my aid was not processed. I provided that, then it was form after form, week after week. I've never been so stressed going to school, I could barely focus on my classes which are now out and I still have issues. This is the worst school I ever attended. The financial aid department is a joke and I do not plan on just sitting back letting them put me through this, neither should you!

I have been a student at Strayer in Charlotte, NC for 3 years. I have 4 classes left to graduate. I must say my experience at this University has been awesome. I came to Strayer from a community college where I felt as if I was just a number. I did not receive the attention to my specific education goals as I do at Strayer and this was one of the major community colleges here in Charlotte. I have been in amazed at some of the reviews I have read regarding Stayer. I have not had any issues regarding my financial aid. I am a working adult with a family who has totally relied on loans to pay for my education.

With the graduation fund Strayer has, I get back money towards my tuition for every 3 or 4 classes I take. That is a great option. Getting an education is expensive and all colleges have humans that make mistakes. Ultimately, it is up to the individual on what kind of experience you have regarding your education. It is your destiny and you must control it by any means necessary. I have my Dean on speed dial and if I have any issues Dr. ** is always there. My life coach has been supportive throughout my tenure at Strayer. I have recommended others to attend Strayer and will continue to do so.

I see all of the reviews on here about Strayer and I have to say that you have to make the school. It does not make you. What I mean is that when you attend a college, university or a business school you have to take charge and do the work. I do not depend on the school to take care of anything for me unless I am having issues with a professor or something.

My experience with Strayer has been awesome. I completed my Associates, almost done with my bachelor's and then I am going for my Master's at Strayer. The staff at Strayer, whether it's the business office, the dean's office, success coach or the administrative staff they have been such a wonderful help during my attendance. Every person is different and we all have difference experiences.

My experience with Strayer at the Newport News, VA office has always been the best. Dealing with the finance office no issues whatsoever. I can scan all my paperwork online and submit it online with no issues. If I am missing anything it will tell me online and I can fix it. Yes, the material that they are using does not change and it really does need to be updated. I have to say that my success coach Tanika ** is the best at Strayer. She helped me sign up for Strayer and has been on my corner ever since. Strayer you are the best and continue to do your best.

The whole finance department need to be replace. No one is accurate with their information. I started in April. My school was giving me a hard time for my diploma. When I received my documents, Strayer kept saying I am missing some papers? So I completed the paperwork, one week later they e-mail and stated the papers was filled out wrong. So I had the finance department on the phone along with my school adviser. The finance department told me what to do while I'm in my adviser's office. Two week later they told me it was wrong. So they told me to go back to the school and fill it out again. I told the finance department, it is hard for me to go to the school. I do not have a vehicle, and I don't have no one at this time to take me to the school. That girl in the finance department told me "Oh well, then I guess you just won't be able to take care of your paperwork. I can't help you, this is your future not mine."

This the type of people who Strayer hire to represent their business. That type of behavior is OK with the company. If so then they need to fired the people who in charge of the finance department. And hired people who knows what they are doing and hired people who cares. Everyone I know have a bad experience with this school. It is not the school, it is the people who work for the school. Now I did meet some very nice people who work at the school. I ASK TO PLEASE RE-EVALUATE YOUR FINANCE DEPARTMENT. LISTEN TO THEIR PHONE CALLS.

I've been striving to attend school again. So I chose Strayer. Started on Jan 2. and everything was ok. I turned in all the documents I needed for FA right. Well I had a verification process which I needed to get documents for. Which was easy. I called and asked if they needed both parents' tax returns or just my mother's. Ashley ** from huntersville Nc campus said "just your mother's". Turned it in. BAM. FA said they needed my father's as well. Ok. Got my father's uploaded it online. Did my V4/V5 verification submitted as well. BUT I DIDN'T TURN THAT IN. Because the FA officer that helped me named Marcella ** turned it in for me. Then just when or after I turned in everything that needed to be turned in like they had requested and I thought I was done. THEY MESSAGE ME SAYING I was missing page numbers on the bottom of a page. I know for sure the tax returns didn't have any numbers on anything.

I was so lost and pissed off. I've been taking class for about 9 weeks. 9 weeks and my financial hasn't went through. I HAD to take my ass all the way back to the campus which was 1 hour away from me. Turn it in and turns out I didn't write the date. So she expressed mailed it to me with some envelopes. I sign it and send it back to the campus and GUESS WHAT? They sent it back! I'M SO DONE. I have messaged and contacted the school. No response. I have filed 2 reports. And will file a lawsuit if I have to???

I've been attending Strayer for 2 years. I don't like online classes because it's more work than on campus. Strayer never changes course assignment which cause a conflict when submitting assignments. They always come back plagiarized. The instructor's quick to say "You copied another student's work." I've been thinking about transferring to another university.

Just so you all know. I somehow maintained my grades and the honor roll for 2015-2016. Even though my dad was on hospice and my instructor copped an attitude because hospice didn't have internet. Hospice is not a hotel. He was sent there to die in the VA facility of his choice. He is no longer there by the way. I had to inform the Ambassador of the Bookstore of how a book voucher works. He didn't know what that was?? I am constantly having issues with financial aid because no one knows anything. It has been horrific. I have had some decent instructors. I do have the President on speed dial. He gave me information to contact him if I had anymore issues and I did.

If any students have had any bad experiences with Strayer University, I need for you to email me at ** because Washington is investigating them. I was told by the new guy over financial aid that the decline means eligible? So when I confronted the FA specialist after submitting a ticket, then all of a sudden everything was taken out. But just so they know, I had already documented it. I screen shot it, so now we have yet another integrity issue at hand. Someone is lying yet again. My loans have been broken up into 3 payments for one term. It's ridiculous. This is by far the worst institution with Western Governors being second when they tried to change my grade, but I documented that too.

If you want your issues dealt with in an expedient manner, send me your name, contact number, school location, and the issues you have had or are still having. I promise you, your concerns will be dealt with. I will make sure of it. I will fight for my grades and rights until the end. Do not hesitate to email me. It's time for someone to be held accountable for this nonsense.

The campus in Henrico, VA WILL NOT STOP CALLING ME. I had enrolled in August of 2016, and after reading all of the reviews, I immediately dropped. My classes weren't even close to starting, so they shut me down and it was done. Now, for the past 2 weeks, this girl Molly at Strayer calls me every single day. I call back, she does not answer. I've left numerous messages asking her to stop calling me, I've said that I don't go to school there, I have no interest in going to school there and still she calls. Don't even express interest in this place. They are the least helpful when enrolling, even less once you're already enrolled, and not at all when you need to drop classes. Avoid at all costs, and change your number if they have it.

I am extremely upset with Strayer. I busted my butt getting back into school and they made it real easy, which made me even more happy. I was doing great in my online classes only to be dropped from them two days ago because my high school transcripts had not been "scanned in." I asked why and it was because "the records department has a higher than usual amount of transcripts to scan in, they get to them in the order they were received." So... my transcripts are in THEIR office, but I have to suffer because they aren't moving fast enough??

I was livid and I still am. I do not think it is fair for them to withdraw me from their classes because their reports department is moving slow. How about not starting classes until everyone is squared away because I am sure I'm not the only one this happened to. Now when the transcripts DO finally get to them, I'm going to have to start all the way over and I'm VERY pissed about that. Try to make a better living for my son and myself finally and this happens. What a freaking joke. -__-

I had surgery, and I was under doctor care when classes started back. After my follow up appointment, I thought it would be necessary to stop by Strayer next to Kaiser to inform them of my recover status. I communicated to Dean Sharnee ** that it will take longer than two weeks to recover. I needed financial aid to get the resources to get through my online class. Given information from Mr. ** (financial aid advisor) I had to be in school by the fourth week to obtain financial aid, so I took a chance and reported to class. I did not think about the consequences at the time because taking an online class, you need the internet and I needed financial aid to help with that resource. July 18, 2016, I went to class, and attended the town hall meeting. During the meeting, there were staff handing out pizza to students as they walk inside the meeting. While sitting, I noticed that my classmates had left, so I headed back to class.

Well, as I walked out of the door past the staff handling pizza, the three started to mock and ridicule me about my BUTT PAD. "Get it, get it one recited as the other laughed." Now, I just went through surgery and for some instances it will affect women mentally even myself. When I was put on this earth, I did not have the chance to let God know how I wanted to be design. However, thanks to the creativity of Man that helped us women in areas that build our self-esteem, such as undergarments that can give curves in certain areas on the body. To be bought to shame, and belittling my self-esteem from staff member of Strayer University is humiliating, and it made me feel that I did something wrong. I did not want to stay at school, and I did not want to attend Strayer University any longer, so I went to class, grabbed my belongs, and went home.

The following week I told the Dean about the miscommunication with the doctor's instructions. She did not believe that I went to class the previous week. I ask her to look at the roster. She replied, "I don't have the roster. Go and have your Professor to prove it." She did not consider my condition, so I went. When I returned she had the roster in front of her which could have avoid me to embark the trip upstairs. I filed a grievance for all the things that Dean Sharnee did and to retake the class. The same statement was used for both grievances. I filed to the student's affairs about seven time, and I kept getting email that the situation was resolved. I went to the Director of the Prince George's campus, Candice **, and she stated that Dean Sharnee made a decision not to let me retake the class. What do we need student's affairs for when Prince George's campus can do students any kind of way without answering to anyone.

There is no representation for students. The Dean and the staff is the problem. I told Ms. ** that I want my answer in writing which is the policy process. She responded ok, but I never received anything. No one called about this matter. Ms. ** avoided my calls. I called to finalize my class, Mr. ** wants me to sign another promissory note and add another class when I need only Economics 100. I have one class to finish, and I'm being hindered. Something needs to be done. Perhaps, an organization that can cheer for the students, such as getting financial aid on time; representing students for grievances; when a class should be retaken; and a more better policy, procedure, and system. Student handbook sloppy when printing from the website. Why? In my opinion, so they can hide stuff when they want.

I have been going here over a semester, I was so excited because I was finally going to be able to go to school and work at the same time. I did very well and was excelling in all my classes with As and Bs from the Summer to the Fall term but I just received a phone call from this campus saying I cannot continue due to no longer being on the Reimbursement plan from my former employer. I emailed Krystal, who was supposedly my advisor but never seemed to reply to any emails or phone calls from me, months ago that I no longer worked at that job and found a new one and wanted to make sure that I could set up a payment plan. I was always told at the front desk that she would 'call me back', she never did.

Well, not until recently when everything blows up in my face due to her lack of communication. I was never notified, never emailed or called back, I even talked to the financial aid department over a month ago and no one told me then either. After discussing my options with Krystal, she said I only had to pay the summer quarter in full, but now I received a call from 336-315-7860 (I don't remember her name) saying I had to pay 5,000 and not 2,000 like Krystal and I discussed. This place's staff is VERY unprofessional. No one knows anything they are talking about, there is no proper communication, there is no real staff here.

My former coworker told me not to attend this school because of the office staff but I figured it couldn't be that bad, well guess who was wrong! This chick! After this school gets their act together and figures out the amount I need to pay, I am OUT! I will be transferring somewhere else, anywhere but here! Truly horrible! Oh, and thanks for causing me to have a nervous breakdown at work. Just wonderful.

It is sad to see so many bad reviews on Strayer. I have taken 15 classes so far with the Strayer and I plan to continue on to my masters degree after I graduate this summer. I use government benefits, so I do not deal with the financial aid aspect of Strayer. But the staff has always been very pleasant and easy to work with and they always keep me in the loop when there are changes within the schedule. It has been smooth sailing for me these past few months, I am a 4.0 student working very hard to get my bachelors degree. I would recommend Strayer to my friends, in fact I have already recommended it to two friends and I have made many friends in school.

I would never in my life refer anyone to come to strayer university. When I first came to Strayer I was pumped and ready to begin my last journey at college with my master's and I'm sorry I ever came to this school. First admissions put me in the wrong course and still didn't rectify the problem until a week later only because I kept harassing them to do so. This semester will be over December 13 and I have yet to receive my financial aid because clearly upper management don't know with they are doing. I just got my bachelor's in August of 2016 and the only change was that I stop work study so they didn't even have much to do... So what the hell is the problem. The steps and processes are ridiculous and needs to be changed, but in the end I'm transferring to another college because I definitely can't deal with this ** fa real.

The main issue I have with Strayer University, is their trustworthiness. It seems that leaving out pertinent information is the norm with this business, and when it comes to financial aid, just forget about it! Strayer is definitely in the market for making money, more than what is required for an educational institution. They prey on mature working adults that desire a degree, an education and the opportunity to advance in life. They make it easy for working adults to see the so called benefits of their programs due to the fact that they have mastered online classes, which is a major plus for working adults, that normally do not work nine to five. However, just because you make getting a degree appear easy, it's actually more of an encumbrance when dealing with this institution.

My advice to anyone seeking an undergrad or graduate degree is to first apply at a community college, they've come a long way in terms of offering online courses and they are far less expensive. Once you've completed your liberal arts, then transfer to a four year college or university (a traditional brick and mortar), for your major and undergrad. Again the cost will be much less than attending Strayer, and many of these institutions are also offering online courses to appeal to the working adult. Lastly, if you are a high school senior that didn't do your due diligence during your four years of high school, now is not the time to compensate for your mistakes. You can still redeem yourself if you are now considering obtaining your degree. Read the above paragraph.

Admissions had no issues to start me in classes... however, at the end of the semester they tell me they need my driver's license and high school transcript. I provide it to them within 3 days, and they come back telling me that it's unacceptable as I made changes to it. Absolutely absurd... I forwarded them the email from the school. My transcript is from 1984 from a small school with 84 students in the class, everything was handwritten back then. Now they want to tell me my student loans are not going to go through. They need to start talking before actually registering people.

I went to this school for my Associate degree. I have enough credits for the degree with high honors (3.85 GPA). I never missed a quarter and always put in full effort. Things were fine until the final quarter when I was waiting for my final stipend check. When I never received it, I contacted them about it. I found out that they made a mistake and sent the funds that were meant to cover my current quarter as my stipend check the previous quarter. Due to this, my final quarter wasn't paid for. The financial advisor agreed with me that it wasn't my fault that this happened and I shouldn't be held responsible. No one took the time to contact me about the mistake, which I don't have proof but am pretty sure they knew about right away. To top it off, they didn't even request enough to cover the final quarter.

After several calls and fighting, nothing was resolved. They kept telling me that it was my responsibility to pay the money to fix their mistake. No matter who I spoke to, outside of the original financial advisor, I was constantly told it wasn't their fault and it was my responsibility to pay it back. After going back and forth with this, I finally get them to agree to allow me to enroll for my Bachelor's degree and use the stipend check to pay for their mistake. Well things go fine and I enroll.

When it came time for my stipend check to come in, it never came in. So I contact them again about it and find out that I was taking a class I had already taken, and that is why I wasn't being covered for that quarter. The reason for this is because they changed the name of the course and I didn't realize it was the same course, and the student advisor didn't bother telling me. At no point between then and my contacting them was I informed of the mistake. There was plenty of time for them to contact me about the mistake that would let me change courses. Instead they said nothing.

So yet again, they screwed up and again put it on me. I explained that we had agreed to use the stipend check to cover what was "owed" but because of the issue I wouldn't receive one. So I have the credits for an Associate Degree with high honors, but no degree to actually show for it. This school is a joke that will screw up and blame you for it.

This all started back in the Spring of 2015 when I first inquired about if I could obtain a second master's degree in accounting but in a different concentration. After some researching I was told from the registrar that there should not be a problem with me getting another degree under accounting with a different concentration. I checked with financial aid and found that I would be able to pay for the classes I need with the remaining student loans I was able to take from the Department of Education. I enrolled and completed the 5 courses within a year and a half. Here I am waiting for my Second Master's Degree to come in the mail. I have note the accomplishment on my resume and have sent this around to 100s of potential employers.

Today I get an email from the Dean of the Augusta, GA Campus. She stated to me that it is Strayer's Policy that getting a second master's degree in the same discipline as the first is not allowed. Reason for this is because there are too many classes that would transfer over and basically Strayer would lose money. The Dean stated to me that I could enroll in the MBA program and only had to take 6 more classes to obtain this degree. The kicker to all of this is because I took those 5 classes that I should not have been allowed to take in the first place and completed said courses they are trying to tell me that I now have to pay for this classes. I explained to the Dean that I would not have the extra debt if the registrar would have done her job in the first place and told me the truth and not allowed me to register. This new Dean thinks they did nothing wrong. I will not recommend Strayer University to anyone; even if they were training dogs.

I was in constant contact with the office in reference to my financial aid and registering for classes. Left at least 8 to 10 messages for two different individuals and sent emails but somehow when it came time for them to contact me back, they had the wrong phone number and email address on file. Even when I spoke with someone they never bothered to verify my contact information until I asked what information they had on file for me. Again, every time that I left a voicemail I made sure to leave a contact number and my signature on my emails have my phone number under it. Now it's too late to sign up for the fall semester and now I have to wait until January. Also, when I signed up for financial aid, I was told that there was no further information needed but somehow I'm not getting a refund because something is "needed" but no one has been in contact with me to tell me what is needed. I'm so disappointed!

I worked as an Admissions Officer for one of Strayer's local campuses in the early 2000's. At that time, my job was to explain the school, gain transcripts from the students for verification of past education, and to help them understand the process. That may have also included passing the students on to the Financial Aid process.

For some students, employers were helping to pay the bills, as were some government benefits earned by the student. Strayer tried to recognize past educational work history to give credit... where fewer other schools may have done so. That may have included basic subjects like Math and English. If some IT classes were outdated, we would make that determination upfront, prior to admitting the student. We also explained CLEP, and how to achieve credits, once those goals were achieved by the student.

The professors and staff I knew at our local campus, basically cared about those students at that time. I cared about trying to explain our admissions process, to the best of my abilities. Our FA staff was very knowledgeable. Some folks may not have realized the cost, but they should have with our FA staff at my local campus at that time. What I can tell you is this is a business! It is a for-profit school. It was set up primarily for working adults, and many have succeeded to gain BS and Master Degrees. The professors I knew at our local campus worked hard to help several, where many would have failed, otherwise.

Please consider your various options to see if this school is the right fit for you. It can be expensive, and you may want to consider our community colleges first. Strayer will try to transfer as many of your former credits as possible. At least they did back in the early 2000's. Outdated IT classes may not transfer credit since the field changes so quickly. Obtain that determination upfront. As a former Admissions Counselor (I think they may now them Life Coaches), our job was to try to admit as many students as possible, as long as their transcripts passed and so they had a way to pay for the classes. I was paid a salary, no commissions. I left because I felt it was a racket, even though I enjoyed many of the students and our faculty.

Stayer can work well for some, I knew several great Professors, but if you apply... you need to work hard to gain the degree and read the details in everything you have signed. I was amazed at a couple students I enrolled! When they came in my office with some of the issues they had been dealing with in their personal lives... a couple years later... they obtained their degree! It made a difference in their lives, I felt proud to have been part of it... just do your homework!

Funny you have success coaches, but they never call. Only time I got a quick response was when I decided to withdraw. Financial aid counselors who instead of counseling, blow their steam off on innocent students, and student complaints that get routed back to the person you initially filed it on. No one's on the same page at the columbia sc campus and their only interest is to get you excited to start school on a partially legit basis then have you find out later in the quarter you're not eligible for FA. After busting you butt in a class already. And now I have a balance because I was administratively dropped by a teacher who didn't keep adequate roll. Which I think was a set up to have me pay since I wanted to leave. Terrible experience!!

There's no one to complain to because everyone keeps you in a loop. I still have yet to understand why the financial aid counselor I went back and forth with, is the same person telling me my admission couldn't be satisfied, answered a complaint I filed on her, and is the one processing my withdrawal now that I've decided to leave because she works in the business office as well! What kind of internal conspiracy is that!!! Sad that I had to mention I was a disabled veteran in order to get talked to in a respectful manner. Maybe the experiences vary from campus to campus, but this one should be avoided.

Strayer University is awful. DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL! If you have a problem, you will be given the runaround. Your instructor will not call you back or respond to your emails. Do not take a class with **. He basically said, "I am the instructor. You are the student. Do it my way or flunk the course." The Dean, the Vice President of Student Affairs, and the President of the Institution were no help. The "success" coach you are assigned is a joke. Do not go into debt trying to get a degree from this joint. The institution is laughable, at best.

After reading the many reviews from the last couple of years; I was APPALLED to see such unsatisfied ratings. As an alumni student for both my Bachelor's and Master's degree in 2006 and 2011, Strayer University provided me with good services! From my financial aid to knowledgeable instructors, there were very minimal issues that I experienced. Is there any official monitoring these reviews to work towards improving these complaints generally by students who are paying their money (loan money is student money because it must be paid back)? I am preparing my young adult daughter who recently graduated from High School to attend Strayer and certainly WOULD NOT want her first experience to be a BAD one!

I have met some great people and great professors while completing my Masters degree with Strayer. Unfortunately, I had an instructor. Charles ** that completely disregarded any communication or attempts to assist with my classwork. I included the Dean and my Campus and several other students. Created tickets explaining the lack of correct grading and communication or lack thereof with this professor. I implore you to steer clear of this instructor and UNDERSTAND that Strayer will NOT help if an instructor gives you an erroneous grade. You can have as much evidence and show that you did the right thing, and no one, not even the Dean can help. This is coming from a career 4.0 student with a tremendously hard work ethic. Steer clear of his class and attend this university at your own risk. But keep in mind they sure did not say anything about getting paid for the same class twice. Smh.

I have attend Strayer for three years. My experience have been great and the people at the NRC was super. Erica ** my success coach has guided me and I can truly say the plan she put in place worked. She informed at end of the last quarter that I have satisfied the requirement for my associate degree and if I want to get it what I have to do even I am still pursuing my Bachelor's degree. I went paid the fee and was told it take four to six weeks for my degree to arrive at my home. This was done on July 6, 2016 and on yesterday July 23, 2016 my degree arrive at my home. She also told me I have a right to attend a Graduation and I should to celebrate the hard work that been put to obtain my Associate degree.

I am happy to report I will attend the graduation ceremony in December. Here is the real happy part of the story, July 16,2016 I celebrated my sixty birthday and on July 23, 2016 I celebrate my first degree. Thanks to Erica, Kim, Star and others at the NRC for encouraging me, motivating me, and helping me to keep believing in myself. It just prove you are never too old to accomplish what you set your mind on.

Strayer University is the worse school in america!!! I highly recommend anyone who is looking into different schools to further your education please do not attend Strayer... The faculty is very unprofessional & can be very rude & it's a crying shame how unorganized they are & when it comes to your financial aid they will put a hold on you... I had this problem & still in the process now of everything being cleared because 2 months prior to me starting school the documents they claim I need now were needed 2 months ago!!! Why wait until I get in my 3rd week of school to tell me this & now I have a hold on my account because the faculty not doing their job properly? After this semester I will be transferring to a better school!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

With more than 120 years of experience in higher education and learning, Strayer University has developed a highly respected reputation.

• Regionally accredited: The same accrediting agency that is used by top schools like Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, Columbia and Temple also provides Strayer University's accreditation.
  • Online price calculator: With price being such a driving force in higher education enrollment decisions, the option to calculate the cost before enrollment is ideal.
  • Online application: You can fill out an application for enrollment online, so you don't need to spend hours on the phone answering questions before finding out if you are eligible.
  • Masters degree programs: For virtually every bachelor's degree program, there is a corresponding masters degree available at Strayer University.
  • Online chat service: If you have any questions when looking over the material, they offer 24/7 online chat to help you determine your eligibility and answer any questions you might have.
  • Best for New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Compare Online Colleges