2. Education

The University of Arizona Global Campus

Formerly Ashford University

University of Arizona Global Campus
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.55/5

The University of Arizona Global Campus is an accredited online university offering 60+ associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.

University of Arizona Global Campus Video

University of Arizona Global Campus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Arizona Global Campus?

Original review: March 26, 2021

I went through one of the University of Arizona's Veteran's Assistance Counselors and they basically helped me with everything that I needed, let me know what I need to get in and it seemed fairly simple. It was nice having the five-week courses. I was able to focus a lot more on that subject at the time and get into the next class and not have to worry about trying to learn multiple subjects at the same time. If I had any questions, the professors were quick to respond and they were pretty clear on their instruction.

The only issue I ever had was one time, while I was still in the army, I had a leadership course that I had to go to. So, for the two weeks that I was there, I was actually enrolled in a class at the same time and got in contact with the professor. My unit sent me to her last minute and let her know and she said that everything would be okay and I could just do my assignments when I got back. I ended up getting back from that and started turning in the assignments that I had missed. She let me know that she doesn't accept late work. So, I almost ended up failing that class. Luckily, I was able to get a D in the class, so I didn't have to pay back all the money that I paid for failing the class. Overall, it was a good program and I ended up getting my bachelor's degree.

Original review: March 25, 2021

The communication went well. They got back to me as soon as possible with the questions and everything that I had. Also, being that I am in the military and I move all over the place, it worked really well for me. The times that I had issues with school, everything was pretty accommodating and understanding of my situation.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I got my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice through Ashford and I liked how everything was structured. I liked how when I was going to school, and I see that even when I'm logged in now, it's still the same system. The user-friendliness of everything was really a selling point and everything was pretty straightforward. I keep recommending it to my troops because it was that easy to use.

Original review: March 23, 2021

The learning experience was fast-paced enough to where it didn't get boring. Also, if I had any questions, I could email them and they were really good at getting back.

Original review: March 22, 2021

A lot of people call me even before I finished one semester, after semester. They keep encouraging me and make me move fast. The convo through the phone was awesome. It's easy to schedule as well. It was an awesome experience with Ashford University. If somebody already had a job or they want to move on next level, I always introduce this school and encourage them to go.

Original review: March 21, 2021

When I was doing my research of my degree and which schools were offering it, University of Arizona came out within my research. I went to the website and they provided everything that I looked for in the program, the services, and resources. They were also really helpful during the enrollment and the process was fairly simple. They guided me very well and any phone call or email I would give, they would respond accordingly and timely. So, it was a very easy process because of the support I was given. Then, I was really impressed with the whole educational part of my experience where I got feedback from every one of my professors. If I had a concern, their response was very quick and it was very helpful. The structure of the classes were great as well and it worked with my time management. The timeframe of all of our assignments worked really well for me, too, and everything went smoothly.

Original review: March 20, 2021

It was a nice experience enrolling at Ashford University. Everything turned out well. When I needed help, they were there to help and the curriculum was good.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I came over to University of Arizona from a different school and the online learning part was different. They could improve on better details such as the orientation of the classroom but the whole experience was great.

Original review: March 18, 2021

University of Arizona had its good points but it had some frustrating points more on the professional end of things versus the classroom setting. We all are given a counselor. My problem was, every time I would get a counselor and I get situated and we talked about our schedule, they switched me. I cannot count how many different counselors I had within the time I was there to the point I complained repeatedly about it, and they apologized, but they kept doing it. I've had numerous times where a counselor would come in and rearrange my whole schedule that are already worked out with another counselor for a specific reason without letting me know or making me aware it was happening.

I like the discussions. In the classroom setting, I was annoyed because I made more work at the time, but when I started doing it, I realized I liked it. The teacher would ask a lot of questions. You're only required to respond to two people, and I would respond. Then, she'd ask a question, and I felt like I had to answer it, but I liked that. It kept me engaged. Between the teacher's questions and the other students, I was able to look at things differently than just one way. When I was reading it, I was seeing one thing, but then, when reading someone else's, I could see that they could see something different that I hadn't even thought to look for.

The enrollment was pretty easy. Getting into the college was easy. They were very helpful with the step-by-step for applying. Enrolling in classes was pretty set forth. If I needed to take a break, it was easy to know where to go for that stuff. The way it was set out, you had your assignments, and you had to be due on certain days. The problem I ran into on numerous times is you're on a flexible schedule because your life's hectic. So, you'll sit down to do an assignment, and you don't have a lot of time. But if you have any questions, the teacher has up to 48 hours to get back to you and if they don't get back to you in time, you're either turning in the assignment that you're confused on whether you're doing it right, or you're late in turning in your assignment, which they don't credit you. They still penalize you for that. So, sometimes a lot of it is you don't get the response you need fast enough to do the work you need to do.

I really liked the experience, but there were some things that made things harder than it was supposed to be for what I'm signing up for. I don't mind the work. I'm kind of a little bit of an overachiever, so I found I'm more frustrated with myself. It was just that some things were a lot harder than they should have been. Some things were a little more laid back. Trying to find a nice medium was harder at times.

University of Arizona Global Campus response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Julie. We try our best to keep students with their assigned advisors, and as you saw, they do sometimes change. We are happy to hear that the rest of your experience was great, and we look forward to your bright future. Please keep in touch, and also note that we will send your feedback to leadership regarding the advisor changes. #UAGCproud

Original review: March 17, 2021

I went to Ashford online because my brother graduated from Ashford University in Clinton, Iowa. He told me that they had an online program. I was working in retail management at the time, so I couldn't do the traditional school thing. That was how I ended up starting with Ashford. Once I graduated, I looked at a few other schools and was trying to determine what might be the best thing for me. I'm kind of lazy. I was comfortable with Ashford. Once I found out that the process was going to be the same with the exception of adding a week to the classes for the master's program, I just said, "Okay. I'll go ahead and do it." My financial aid and everything were already there.

Enrolling was really good. Initially, I worked with Kyla and I was gonna start right in September. She was super supportive and very encouraging. But I looked at that first class, and I got super overwhelmed. In my mind, I was gonna take six months off. I reached out to her and I was like, "Look, I cannot do it right now." She was like, "Well, at least you let me know in the very beginning rather than starting and needing to drop the class." I dropped it. Then when I was ready to start back, I reached out again at the beginning of February.

My enrollment coach was someone else this time, but the process was still the same. She was super supportive and very helpful. She kind of looked at my financial aid to determine if I was going to need anything else and have them reach out to me about concerns that I had about being able to cover the cost of completing my master's degree because Ashford's program is more expensive than other programs that I looked at. We kind of talked through because the financial thing was my biggest concern.

My learning is very fast-paced, but that doesn't really bother me because I tend to pick things up quickly. So, it's been a good learning experience. I want to do something fast-paced as I am older and I don't have 12 years to finish my degree. When I went to Ashford, I really liked the tutoring chat feature in different classes. The professors are pretty good with what they do. I have, in the past, experienced some inconsistencies. That got to be a little frustrating. I do feel like some instructors are a lot more involved than others.

I would definitely recommend Ashford. I would let others know that it is a little bit more on the costly side. So, they need to ensure that it's really what they want to do. I've had experiences where I had to drop a class and ended up having to pay out of pocket before I could get my degree. I would definitely suggest that they'd be focused. If it gets overwhelming, they should push through, make sure they pass the class and then maybe take some time off after that. I've had to do that a few times as well, and it was super easy. It was accommodated. It didn't stop my progress. But they have to be determined and motivated to complete their degree. They shouldn't think they're going to start and just get a check and be quick because it's not going to work.

University of Arizona Global Campus response

We're honored to have you as part of the community, Tieara! Your hard work and dedication did not go unnoticed, and we hope you'll keep in touch. Lastly, we have sent your feedback to our leadership team, and appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Keep in touch!

The University of Arizona Global Campus Company Information

University of Arizona Global Campus
1918
Formerly Named:
Ashford University
8620 Spectrum Center Blvd.
San Diego