3.14/5

114 K12 Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Teachers left on an island. New teachers are not given enough guidance on what is expected and how to complete the many tasks that should be completed by the administration. Administrators are less than approachable and far from helpful.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Okay first the teachers are great and they are good at teaching but in the lessons? They ramble forever and by the time I get to the test for that lesson I completely forgot the main subject. There are test and quizzes EVERY SINGLE LESSON. Sometimes I even start having an emotional breakdown in the middle of one. It's crazy they say you can make friend in the class connect sessions.

That's true if you can make friend with someone on the computer in 6 seconds because the chat is NEVER open and you could private chat to someone but you're not allowed to do that cause it's "distracting". All they do is repeat the same thing. That's so boring that you forget it at the end of the year not to mention half the time nothing works. You can't join classes. Randomly kicks you out. Can't go into lessons etc. The only good things are the teacher are very positive and nice (most of the time) and the clubs are actually amazing and you can make friends there (I'm talking about you Mckayla). It's just so stressful though I would not recommend unless you want the best clubs.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

This is for Highpoint in Michigan. I don't recommend K12 unless you want to see your student struggle and fail. It's caused our daughter a lot of stress and I feel so bad for the choice we made. We chose to try this out because she was having a little trouble in school and needed to work at a slower pace. Now she is swamped with work and can't catch up. They have set up parent/student meetings and it just makes her and us look bad when it's them not doing their jobs. It hurts her feelings. The class connects are useless and a waste of time. The teachers don't teach a thing. They just ramble on and it's pointless.

My daughter has no idea what is going on and ends up not knowing what to do. Her grades have never been this bad. She is failing almost everything and we get multiple emails basically putting her down. How can she achieve anything when the school doesn't care or care at all about their students. She doesn't even get enough time to eat lunch because of all the class connects and work. You would have to have your child work 7 days a week just to stay on track and put in your own time to teach what the teachers don't. This has been a horrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We had so much trouble running this program. We had a new laptop for this purpose that was well equipped for the program. My daughter was continually re-doing assignments because the program would either not allow her to submit, or quit in the middle of an assignments. Typical school response for everything in Newport News Virginia for middle school is, "No one else has ever had a problem with it". How can you have absolutely No other problems with a computer based system. I find that impossible to believe. If your child doesn't mind useless repeats, then this may be for you, but mine absolutely hated it, raised her stress level, then felt helpless because we had no technical support that was worth anything. They never solved the problems. On top of this they continually threatened to kick her out. I did like her teacher though, she was wonderful.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I have been reading comments about money. I've never been charged so I know nothing about it. I have a problem with teachers not getting back to us when we have questions or problems. There is a high teacher turn over rate. My 9th grader has no homeroom or science teacher, just homework. Not all the teachers put up the homework, nor accept it the same. This leaves the child playing catch up at the end of the 9 weeks. So now we have marathons on classwork we didnt know existed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about K12?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I'm going to a K12 cyber school this year in South Carolina. My experience with them has been worse than any school I've gone to (I just moved from PA and went to cyber there too but not at a K12 school). I can't learn anything in my school work because they repeat themselves on useless information so much that it's impossible to know where the information we should be learning is, as it is spread randomly throughout the lesson. One minute they are talking about one topic and then in the same lesson switch to another, and later on back to the original topic all in the same lesson. Also, they don't use charts, tables, videos or anything at all to help you understand, just tons of useless words.

They think the more words they add the better it is, that's so not true. I can't learn anything so I have to search up videos to teach myself, which also takes tons of time. Not only that but the electives are completely useless and you are only allowed to have 2 (at least in 9th grade). If you enjoy being bored and not learning a single thing no matter how hard you try, then go to a K12 school. Those are only a few of the troubles I have encountered with K12. If you have a choice, DON'T GO TO A K12 SCHOOL!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Ok so I went to K12 last year, I didn't go to live classes so I just did my work normally. My mom told me they said if I go there this year and I miss even one class or leave class I'm going to jail. So I decided to go to a different school. I've been waiting all year for K12 to transfer my papers so I can go to a different school! It's December 11th and school started in August (so about 5 months and there are around 9). So because of K12 I will be either getting held back or I have to take summer school! Does anyone know If suing is possible or getting something out of it? I'm in 11th grade and wanted to graduate but now I have to wait another year.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I would never recommend a child to go to Georgia Cyber Academy for K12. If you don't pass and you are trying your best to bring your grades up they give you a 2 week probation and after that they then want to withdraw you in the middle of school year first semester. They also give kids at least 8 classes and then when you are in one class the other is going on too. So you get in trouble for not being in the class but you watch the recording have you have finished with all the classes and to me that means she attended the class and to them no she didn't.

I have looked up the grading system for the state of Georgia and it does not comply with Georgia Cyber Academy. They have their own grading system. I am trying to appeal their decision on withdrawing my child 'cause I'm on disability and I see my daughter do her schoolwork every day and I see she is in class. So I don't know what they are doing. I personally don't think they need to be funded anymore 'cause I heard they are withdrawing at least 27 students this semester.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I enrolled my daughter after ECOT closed. When we switched my daughter has an IEP which included assistive technology. OHVA/K-12 removed the assistive technology without my knowing after our meeting closed. The start of this year it's IEP time again. This time they continued to argue against assistive technology and said they will make a note of it. I did not sign the IEP paper so they have to bring it back to me in another meeting. In my daughter's live session they want to kick out students who are not answering math questions fast enough! They are put in a time out room then they have to ask to rejoin the main room. Then if they don't answer again before the timer goes off usually 1 minute they are kicked out of class counted as absent and they can't rejoin. They have to watch a video. When this happens they become truant and then parents are sent to court etc.

My daughter has a learning disability and she can't process information at a regular pace. Then during the IEP meeting yesterday the staff was so disrespectful rude yelling at me then they cut me off and closed the meeting. They are denying my daughter the necessary items to succeed in class and the chance to be the best of her ability. She also needs to switch to a simpler math class we were not even able to talk about it. For enrollment it takes a week and they don't call to say you're accepted - you have to keep checking on you own. They suck at communication, professionalism, and overall support. I think I will look elsewhere for my kiddo! They even bash other schools!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

They have set the children up to fail. Had problems with IT. Threatened to kick my son out of school multiple times for bad attendance. I was there while he did his school work and he didn't miss any live classes. It didn't matter how often we would call to figure out why his attendance was not being counted, they still held it against him. I would never send another kid to this school. Now I have to figure out how to make up for the semester that he lost being at this school.

K12 Company Information