3.18/5

110 K12 Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Our child has been enrolled in CAVA K12 since 9th grade. Overall the teachers are very good. The freedom for a child to set up an independent study program is very good. My son has done well. He even challenged himself in 11th grade by taking a Calculus course and several other Honors courses. He did shoot the moon only to be punished in 12th grade. Something went wrong with CAVA K12. The school started demanding that my son go to sessions based on state testing and the i-Ready testing. Very mixed up too. Although he is an English honors student with a good GPA and all his math credits met, they put his in low level sessions based on low level English and Math. He got a B+ in pre-Calculus the summer of 10th grade. (UCLA extension) and they want him taking basic math and English sessions. It does not make sense to us at all.

I have tried to talk to his principal, home room teacher and head of the CAVA K12 California. They act deaf, dumb and blind? We cannot figure out what they are doing? Then my son’s counselor messed up his transcripts for college. Forgetting to put his pre-calculus and 11th grade English on his transcripts which messed up him getting into a college? We are in the process of leaving the school as of now. A real disloyalty to my son because he is a very good student. The i-Ready testing is a third-party testing used my CAVA K12. It is an abusive evaluation tool that is terrible. The last one took my son 11 hours to complete. It included math and English. The math included anywhere from basic math to advanced Calculus problems. God forbid any student who must take those i-Ready tests.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Our experience has been sub par. The school will sell you with a lot of words and information up front. They tell you it takes roughly a week to have your child enrolled, at the end of that week you will receive a phone call that lets you know your child has been accepted. This is the furthest from the truth, once the forms are accepted by the school they begin to pull money from you. A down payment of $1200 is taken and then they charge you for first months tuition prior to knowing if your child is "accepted." God forbid they accept you into the program after its start date, which is allowable and they will make happen. You are, however, strapped to the actual start date and it applies to your refund of money. Be very clear to note that as soon as your child is accepted and the "start date" occurs they will no longer guarantee a 100% refund.

If they do you like us, they will send you materials for courses that you have asked to not be sent, therefore, your refund drops to 75% of what you paid and you're stuck with shipping materials back at your own expense. Our child was accepted and withdrawn the same day and they cannot guarantee that we will receive any refund of money. Essentially, we were charged $1800+ for a bunch of emails and phone calls. They make sure that you are not capable of receiving money back if you decide that this program does not fit your child's needs. It is also an incredibly expensive tuition at over $7,000 for a year. Be sure not to give your money to this school, that's all they seem to want from their families.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I just joined about a month ago, it started out fine the first few weeks, but when I got my materials from them, it when down hill. I had 4 classes, most of them were short, I went to my class connects everything was fine until this month, but then I found out I had to do my own attendance and when I didn't do it they'd phone my parents. October comes along, I had less work to do, they kept calling my parents again and saying if I don't do 5 hours of work, they'd kick me out! For what? Spending 1 and a half for 3 little subjects, that were short, I'd have to be a slow reader to finish in 5 hours. I thought doing online school would help with my anxiety, but it honestly made it worse. I regret doing this.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My daughter was enrolled in the K12 program to finish high school which seemed like a great idea as she wanted to live with her dad in WA for a year, plus she has a very detailed individual learning plan due to her cognitive behavioral issues. Schooling was free as promised but she was never given or even reassessed for her ILP as promised. Upon her return to TX I called the program to transfer her here and was told that since she did not attend a TX public school last year that I would have to put her in the private school they offer, by the way that's $900 a course for the year not including the additional materials, shipping and other hidden fees they add. I have worked long and hard with my daughter on her school work and being able to understand and learn, her teachers in her old traditional school were great and didnt mind me always being in contact with them.

My child never had to rely on the NDLB act, she passed all her classes with a C or greater, unfortunately kids in traditional school these days lack any kind of empathy or understanding for individuals with learning obstacles, these little monster's sole purpose was to hurt and emotionally damage my child was just one of those unnecessary problems I COULD remove for her. Online school here we come, so even though she attended K12 last year it means nothing, if you enrol your child plan to stay in the same area till they graduate. The teachers she has do not help with lessons and at this point I'm trying to figure out what exactly IS their purpose, have fun trying to request their credentials, a high school teacher has to have a bachelor's degree in which you can request proof but not this school, I doubt if any of their teachers hold any degrees.

Although my daughter has not missed any classes and completed her work, thank you Youtube for your how to videos since these teachers wont actually teach. She somehow failed several classes but was still pushed through to 12th grade in which she is also failing classes due to the lack of additional resources promised to her and highly advertised I might add on their website, leaving my girl and I a mess to clean up when she gets home, this absolutely horrendous school.

Took my child from a 3.0 GPA to a 0.58 GPA, in still trying to wrap that around my brain, let's not forget for my daughter to even think about getting her high school diploma I have to keep her enrolled in K12 but now have to pay for their ** show as they so lovingly/threatened she us now too old to attend traditional school where we could possibly clean up this mess they left her in. This horrible, horrible company robbed my daughter of her high school diploma and then tried to scam me out of money. If I have to pay for her diploma it will be through an accredited college. Parents dont set your children up for failure. Stay far far away from this horrible company.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I enrolled my daughter in the K12 "public" school program with a school out of Grand Rapids MI. Initially before the school year started, it all seemed good to go, but once the school year kicked off, not so much. The expectations of what they want from parents makes more sense for me to just do it all myself, they also never hooked her up with all the correct links and school supplies until just this past week. NO one even noticed or asked "hey, why are we missing this girl?". We thought everything was ok until a week ago when I tried to get answers from the homeroom teacher and had to find some other teacher for answers. I will give her credit, she figured it all out, fixed it, and also had the time absent waved. I'm giving this program til mid-October to work the kinks out or we will be done with it all. Last thing, watch out, once you contact K12 for info, they will call nonstop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about K12?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Hi, I was a student at K12. Now, you may ask, why did you join K12? I joined K12 because I am in recovery from surgery and I was told that it was not advisable for me to be in a stressful environment or just experience stress at all. Yet, I wanted to continue my education. I went into K12 based on only assumptions my family and I made. That was a mistake. We thought: online school should be flexible. We applied way before school began (August 13 I believe). I was not accepted and told that if "they have a spot open" they'll let me know September 3rd. Still not accepted. Then came a couple days later and I was told I was accepted so we went to orientation (a requirement where you visit the state's base before you begin your classes) and discussed how to navigate the school and the rules.

For this school, you had to download this thing called Blackboard (where you video chat the teacher, although they can't hear or see you unless given permission), Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, etc. (optional and free), and a few other things the teacher(s) may want you to download. Now, this school works kind of like a bricks and mortar school where you are given a schedule. These schedules are basically class calls (where Blackboard comes into play) and you must attend unless it says optional. If you do not attend, you will be marked absent. If you are absent ten times you will be reported to your district for truancy. You will also be marked absent if you do not complete assignments for that day.

Now, at the orientation we were all told that we may have to visit a doctor or family emergency. For my district (CCSD), they do not allow excuses at all (they told us that if your wifi, electricity, or even computer has problems, you better have a back up plan). Therefore, you will be marked absent for that class. If you are falling behind, you will be required to attend blended, which is where you visit the base every week for 3 hours to do your work. You can be assigned to blended at any point and cannot get off of it until the end of the semester.

Now, I entered late, and they said we didn't have to worry about overdue assignments (I had 38 at the time and a few students had over 70). But by the time we left, they said we will be excused from it, only if the teachers allow us. And you can't simply read lessons or assignments in a couple minutes, you will be recorded on how long you take and if you do not spend a reasonable time you will get an F (reasonable for a school imo).

Another thing is that communication is key to this school. If teachers send you an email and you do not respond in 24 hours you will be reported. I had my second thoughts about it but decided to give it a try. First 2 days and I had a load of assignments. Only 8 of my assignments were excused. 26 overdue from English. 4 from Creative Writing. I spent all day trying to catch up on lessons and work because not only did I have to do old work and read lessons in 2 weeks, but I had to do the current assignments too.

As I was reading lessons, my Creative Writing class required that I have a plug-in (cool and all but literally never mentioned what I needed) so I emailed the teacher and said that the plug-in only shows on Chrome... Which I was already using. On the second day before 2 pm I attempted to download Blackboard (which took so long that I missed the my first class call and I tried on 2 computers). By the end of the second night, my back hurt from stress. Wednesday morning and I woke up at 8 am for my first class call of the day with my Pre-calc teacher. It went rather smoothly, but my second class call of the day made me nervous. Not sure why but I knew I was not going to enjoy my English lesson (and I actually love English). Class started and the teacher had us do screen sharing so he could check our grades.

He had steps on how to do it and I followed them exactly (for there were pictures shown on how) and I thought I did it correctly because a room popped up (mine was room 7 (rooms are a private chat between the teacher and student)) and it said I was screen sharing. The teacher went to room 7 and said "what are you doing? I don't have time for this," and left to another room. I was confused and thought he meant how I wasn't at the class yet. I went to the class where at the top it shows my grade (which was an F. I had an F in every class which has never happened before).

I waited for him and he quickly came back and said "why isn't your screen showing?" I replied by typing that I didn't know how to navigate. He told me to just follow the directions and I'd be fine. So I repeated them and he could finally see my screen and he said "why arent you at your grades?" So I scanned my screen and saw another tab for grades and he checked it.

He told me to only do the last 3 assessments and then he left. So I started to do read the requirements for the assessments. I left to use the bathroom and my sister was in the room. Now, there is this button that you can push to say that you are away from the computer and the teacher can see it. I had pressed it and the teacher still had the audacity to go to the room and talk to me when I was away. I rushed myself and he was saying in an irritated and somewhat sassy tone "what are you doing? This isn't what we discussed? You're supposed to be doing the new student assignments. Don't get creative with me." And so I quickly found my way to the new student assignments and he explained what I had to do. He left and I was hoping he would not come back in the next 30 minutes. Thankfully, he never came back to check on me and by the time class was over I let out a breath of tension I didn't know I had.

I'm not sure if I'm just sensitive, but I went over to my dad and explained what happened and broke into a fit of anxious tears and heavy, fast-paced breathing. In any normal case, I'd be fine, but I'm in recovery and so when I was done my family was furious and the next day I was no longer a part of the program. In conclusion, this school is not flexible, not at your pace, and I don't recommend it for those recovering from illness. This is just in Nevada, and the rules may be different in each state. If you think it is reasonable for you, or your child, go ahead and give them a call. They're a public, free school afterall.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

The school will take your money, plus the staff is completely unprofessional, the customer service agent literally yelled at me over the phone and was complaining about her job and then proceeds to read to me an entire 3 pg script without taking a break! They are only interested in your money, the lessons are awful, parents are better off teaching their kids on their own, plenty of colleges take homeschool students! Save you and your child the heartache, you and your children are worth more than their scummy tactics.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I enrolled my son in K12 to finish his 7th grade year. I made it very clear it would only be to complete 7th grade. I was told I would be making a monthly $83 payment until he was done and that I would have to pay $400 up front for materials. I did this. He completed what he needed and is now back in public school. I called to cancel my monthly $83 dollar payment and was told I am locked in for an entire year and can't cancel without an early termination fee. I was told I have to pay $170 dollars to cancel today. This is absolutely ridiculous and never explained to me. I will never us K12 again. They are about your money and that is about it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

K12 is only interested in your money. I withdrew my daughter before the start of term and they confirmed in writing that I wouldn’t be charged a monthly fee. They continued charging a monthly fee and are now non-responsive. Filing a claim with the BBB and contacting my Credit Card Company.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I decided to enroll my daughter into K12 because of bullying in her public school. I enrolled her on May 29th 2018. I was told that open enrollment was already closed for the 18-19 school year. Months before the 17-18 school year was even over. That I had to wait until July 1st to fill out the alternative enrollment. I did and was told the approval process could take up to 20 days. On July 20th I called the school and was told that I would have an answer shortly. I called again on July 21st, July 23rd, July 27th, July 30th and August 4th. I was told each time that the school had not yet made a determination on her approval/denial. I did several online chats with representatives from the school also.

Today it is August 13th and I still have not heard one way or the other if she was approved. Public school registration is in 8 days. I called K12 and said I NEED an answer. I need to know where my child is going to attend school! I was told once again to wait. Well time is up and I can no longer wait. I had to cancel the enrollment application. In all the times I contacted this school there wasnt 1 single person who had a clue what was going on. No one could answer any of my questions. I was just transferred from department to department being told "I dont know. Let me transfer you."

On July 27th when I called I was hung up on 9 times and finally was able to contact someone on the 10th time. I am almost relieved that my daughter's application wasnt approved because if this is any indication on how this school is run, I really fear for the educational future of the students who were accepted. This is the most highly unorganized and unprofessional establishments I have ever had to deal with. This school is 100% a joke and I will never submit another application and to those of you reading this. Trust me and take this into consideration for your enrollment choices. Go elsewhere!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The K12 TV ad campaign features a young woman gushing about getting a Fulbright scholarship to college as a result of her K12 education. The only problem is that the Fulbright program does not offer college scholarships; it only funds graduate and post-graduate education. This young woman's endorsement is an obvious and clumsy fabrication.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I've been reeeeeally disappointed with my experience in my attempt to register with K12. My son has classic autism, has an I.E.P., but doesn't test well. I was told by the K12 enrollment rep. I dealt with that the minimum s.o.l. score to be accepted is 375- passing is 400. I asked to speak with someone in the special needs division, and I was told I could speak to no one until my child has been accepted. (Had the necessary passing score of 375. Hello!!! YOU CALL YOURSELF A PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!

If it was a true public school, all should be welcome. Needless for saying, my child could not be accepted. I called later to send an email of complaint to the head person, spoke with an enrollment rep again, (because there is no other option in the automated phone list for a supervisor) and I was told there were no names or contact emails for anyone. K12 really needs to examine how it deals with the public, and especially with Special Needs. If your child is high functioning, you've got it made. If they don't look good on paper (score #), they're left out in the cold. K12 - if you call yourself a public school, it's time to start acting like it.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Never received a Welcome email with A Registration ID, its been 2 weeks and still nothing! Mind you they had no problem taking my money but failed to send the login for my daughter to begin class. There is no way to email this company except through a questionnaire, so since we are out of the country basically we are screwed. I Should have read reviews prior to choosing this company. Very displeased thus far.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Before the last six weeks, I recommended K12 often and as a result have multiple friends who have enrolled children in the program. We are a part of the International School and as of last January, we transitioned from paying for the year, to a month to month contract. I was told to call two days prior to the date I wanted to cancel and it would be no problem. Great, set my alarm for 2am EST on May 14th, no answer and instead of being able to wait for the next sales representative, I was forced to leave a message which no one returned. Same in the 15th and 16th, and then boom, charges cleared my account on the 17th.

Fast forward to early June after a family vacation and I am now in the US, calling, leaving messages that aren't being returned by sales, trying to reach anyone that will answer a phone, always being told they can’t help and redirecting them to sales. Lo and behold, June 17th, my account has been charged again for classes I haven’t logged into and been begging to be unenrolled from. Finally I find a number for International School and reach a rep who confirms no one is answering or returning phone calls in sales, says he can unenroll my son from classes and stop further billing, but NOW an email will be sent to the refunds departments, as he says I am clearly owed one, and I’ll hear back in a couple days.

Two weeks later, no call. No one at any of the numbers can help me and once again, I’ve gotten nowhere. I was provided the main corporate (703) 483-7001 number by a rep who sounds to be frustrated by being yelled at by frustrated customers and wants the people at corporate to now feel their pain. So to sum up, buyer beware. I like the courses very much, but sadly, support sucks and good luck getting a refund if you are owed. Everyone here passes the buck or is unable to help. I will no longer recommend K12.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Where do I even begin? We were part of CAVA@LA and well this school has been a nightmare. The only reason I’ve dealt with them this long is because my daughter who is in high school, was severely bullied in the B&M school she was going to. Well this past year my mother suffered a heart attack (several while in the hospital) and I had to leave in the middle of the night to be by her side. I was not thinking of taking school book or our laptop at this time, that was the last thing on my mind. So that resulted in my child missing a month of class connects and days of attendance (they want her to log and stay online for more than 4 hours a day). I at least was able to make the call to notify her homeroom teacher of the unforeseen circumstance. They said it was fine and understandable. Ha! Obviously not, because I just found out she was administratively withdrawn by the principal Shannon.

First of all how can she know first hand anything school related to my daughter? Isn’t that the homeroom teacher's job? And what upsets me the most is that I spoke to our homeroom teacher regularly through email regarding my child’s progress. As well as that quarterly phone calls they make (mandatory) and he never mentioned any of this?!! So when I spoke to this principal Shannon ** on the phone, from the minute she called me and hearing her tone, I knew she’d be an issue and that it was a useless attempt in even trying to keep my daughter in their school. She went off by telling me that if I have a problem to write an appeal and that SHE as well as a colleague of hers will review it. Lol. So basically the person who made the decision handles the appeals as well? Ok lost case for sure (mind you this “principal” was on phone call with me while washing her dishes at the same time, wow very professional).

My daughter was falling behind not only because of the family emergency I went through with my mother, but mostly because these “teachers” don’t really have the degree and experience to teach anything. For instance our homeroom teacher is a Music teacher, smh. And when they have their class connects in session where they are supposed to be teaching our children, the “teacher’s” talk mostly about their “perfect lives” or are doing their chores and talking about nothing that has do with what the class is all about. So the minute they see your child is falling behind over their lack doing their job, they blame you and just boot you out because that is easier than to have to fix their errors. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Now I need to figure out where I can enroll her because she doesn’t want to go to a B&M school ever again. Rant over, ugh!!!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I decided to sign my son up for K12 when he and I moved to California in the middle of the school year. We were moving to LA and I was nervous about putting into a school system I knew so little about. Plus, he is an actor and we wanted some flexibility. What a disappointment. First of all, the curriculum we were sent was way too much. Too many workbooks. Not only that, but it was way too easy. Even the "advanced" materials were too easy for my son. His teacher wasn't of any help. He told me I should be the one to supplement the curriculum. Ummmmm... No! That's not my job. I wanted to be his mom -- not his teacher.

Not only that, but there was next to no flexibility. A true homeschool program allows students to work at their own pace on their own time. This wasn't possible with K12. There was no accountability either. There was no "proof" that the work was completed either than what was logged into the system. Do you know how easy it is to fudge that? INCREDIBLY easy. EMBARRASSINGLY easy. Not that I know anything about that or anything. My son HATED it. We moved to a more desirable school system and he attended a traditional school for 2 years. It took me that long to encourage him to try another homeschool program. We finally found one that truly fits the description of homeschooling and we can't wait to begin.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I am currently a K12 student and it is absolutely horrible. I will say it's not as bad as regular public school, though, because there isn't the pressure of other students. But, the teachers are complete idiots. I'm positive they are not qualified to be actual teachers. There's way too much work, and none of it makes any sense. The whole point of doing online school was to get away from the stress and long hours of regular school, but they expect me to spend at least an hour per class every day (I have 8 classes). One day I had a doctor appointment and I emailed all of my teachers to let them know I wouldn't be attending my live classes, and then a week later I got an email saying they were going to kick me out of k12 for not being compliant and missing too many classes.

It turns out I was supposed to send them a doctor's note, but no one told me that and we didn't even find that out until months later. My homeroom teacher is real full of herself too. Every time we have ever talked to her, she yells at me for not meeting her expectations and then will talk forever about how great she is. The teachers don't use correct grammar a lot of the time, and they don't correct the students that don't use correct grammar. My best friend is also in K12 and has the same problems. Except her teacher calls her mom every time she doesn't spend an hour or more per class. Altogether, It has been a horrible experience and we have had nothing but problems all year long. Don't even bother with this school.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My child never ever signed up for K12. I call 2 times about information and these ** totally call me harassing me about computers not 2 but 8. Mind you I never signed her up. I call 6 six x. Poor customer service. Lack of empathy. They say, "Oh I'M sorry for the confusion." But these ** still calling me about computer. I told them you have the wrong person to be calling and ask for my address. I told them. We so sorry the member in Maryland. What the hell. I swear I sue the hell out of this company. ** scam.

Original review: April 24, 2018

HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION AND OTHER IN THE K12 OREGON - THIS K-12 program, is absolutely horrible, they never let you talk to a person, and they always say that nothing is on file, when everything is in their file! I felt very useless and very insecure and this is a bad school! I honestly would've done better at my former school that should've been rated a 0.5/10. This school is a 0.0/10. Don't make the same mistake with this K-12.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have an elementary student who has huge anxiety issues from sensory overload in the regular school environment. K12 allows him to get rid of the chaos that exists with many kids being pent up in the same room. He is very bright and never needs practice or repetition to learn. Once he gets it, he gets it for good. The paid private school option is the only option that allows him to go at his own, much faster, speed without having to move along at the pace of the other kids or the teachers. The teachers were available and gave occasional but totally optional PowerPoint presentations via Blackboard to keep things interesting, but otherwise, they stayed out of sight, which for us was a good thing.

The public option is VERY different and much more like a public school should be, but unfortunately, that wasn't what we needed. We needed LESS involvement to allow my son to move at his own pace, and the paid option also allowed him to skip the state exams which would have triggered his anxiety too much to manage. This is true homeschooling, but it is not for the faint of heart or wallet. Being so pricey, it actually motivated me to invest more of my time and energy in the program so that he wouldn't waste the opportunity.

He started the year in second grade and I was easily able to move him into third grade before the end of the first month when I saw that was more appropriate. The vocabulary segment seems a year behind the rest of the curriculum, and the critical thinking skill training seems lacking compared to the mid-year expectations, but with a bit of additional teaching outside the curriculum, he was able to meet the goals. If your kid is a fast learner, this is perfect. If they need practice and repetition, I know without a doubt that this option would be hell. Know your kid, know their style, know their needs, then decide what is best for THEM.

Original review: April 4, 2018

This is NOT homeschooling. It's not even GOOD public school. If you want information shoved down your kid's throat at a rate that no one could ever retain, then rushed through chapter after chapter of Science with NO teacher help, then yes. Absolutely. This is the school for you. If you want to know anything at all about WWI, Spelling and Reading? That's on you. This school (IDVA) is a joke. The "classroom" is not virtual. It's just a power point presentation. The kids don't get to interact, the teacher just lectures and most of the time, the lesson doesn't even match up with the quiz they have to take at the end. We are pulling our daughter out.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Please for the love of God do not send your child to this "school". It is probably the worst online school you could possibly attend with no interaction with the teachers, a poor layout, and all around confusion. My Mother was diagnosed with CANCER. Therefore, it required me to commute a long distance. Moreover, my daughter's grades were negatively impacted by the fact that her grandmother was terminally ill. Nevertheless, my daughter was administratively withdrawn from the K12 Program without any explanation. Although I followed up with a detailed appeal letter that provided insight regarding our unfortunate circumstances; her enrollment was not reinstated. The administrative staff was completely insensitive to my daughter's situation. This school obviously only cares about school ratings and end of grade test scores which they disguise as "compliance". Additionally, their Great Schools Rating was a 4 out of 10.

Original review: March 24, 2018

There are multiple problems with the website. My child could not even get passwords to open a her quizzes. We call a hotline to get a voicemail then no reply. We try chatting and email just to fall behind more after begging for help with all these issues. We are told my daughter has been withdrawn. This is a scam! Not a school.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

When the school year started I thought this was a great school (New Mexico K12). I was dearly mistaken. My daughter is in the 8th grade. The math/homeroom teacher Ms ** has lied, changed her story and bullied my daughter. This lady even went as far as to tell my child that she didn't have the intellectual ability to be in her math class. Now to me that is just a fancy way of calling someone stupid... Something NO TEACHER should ever say to a child. Sadly this school won't listen to my daughter about this lady nor me. This lady claimed she tried contacting my daughter and myself several times.

This too is incorrect as she at the point of this review has called me only 3 times and one of those times was before school was even in session. The "teacher" also cancels love lessons constantly then complains to the children that they are failing her class. A child cannot succeed if they aren't taught and taught well. So in closing if you don't mind your child being told her or she is stupid and don't care about your child's education... This school is for you!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My son just started K12 and he still hasn't received his computer, therefore he is getting behind on classes already. They keep asking for information that I have already sent in. Saying his registration isn't complete but they have him as an active student. I'm frustrated. Public schools failed my child and now I feel the same about online schooling.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

K12 is not all it seems. The private side has to been charging the monthly fee of $$ even though I called them and requested to be cancelled when my son got into public side of it. I have been calling them over 3 weeks to get my money back. I get told I have to deal with sales but no one ever returns my phone call.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My daughter never got an F before till I put her in this school. The teachers are never helping the kids. My daughter sent them a email for help. They still haven't responded and it's been 2 days now.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

K12 is a great school! It's not just a curriculum, but it is actually a public school! You can interact with your peers, make friends, and go to the online classes! They do have scheduled times for the classes, but it's still not as long as regular public school, and it's way more flexible. The teachers are SUPER nice and helpful! I love them!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Ok where do I start? I am a student at K12. Sadly at first I thought I hit the jackpot with K12 because I thought I would be able to graduate early like they promised. “If you stay on track you will finish early" they said. They are full of **. When their system fails they blame it on the student like in my Spanish class I had turned in two weeks of homework but something happened with their system and somehow removed my work and my grade which was at a B and when I sent an email they said, "It’s you not us so do it again." I ended up dropping 2 of my classes because of that. K12 was such a stressful school trust me. Don’t put your kids here even if they have disability. My friends is disabled and he would agree with me. Don’t send your kids to K12.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I enrolled my son in this K12 private school side of it because we were told he didn’t qualify for the free side of it so since he needed to be in school because he was having so much trouble in public school I decided to go ahead and do that route because I want it was best for my son so I decided to pay the tuition! So he got his books he got emails but when it came down to teacher involvement not once did he get any emails or help when he was falling behind I mean and I was told this part of K12 you get all the teachers' involvement. Not once did he get any involvement!

Then in October I found out that I’m going to have major surgery and be out of work for a while. I called them to let them know, "I can’t afford the tuition price which was kinda high anyway. What can I do keep my son in school and can I get a different rate since I won’t be working for awhile." All I got was silent crickets. I also let them know I’m a single parent of three kids but the time of enrollment they were so pushy and I was so desperate to get my son at school I didn’t even question the $500 a month but when it came time to tell them I need to figure out how to get it down they wouldn’t call me back.

They would email me back. They just basically ignored me so I started getting past due ugly emails and emails saying, "We tried run your card but didn’t go through." Umm really??? And then they decided to unenroll my son without even telling us in November. Until this day here we are January 2018 I can’t get anyone to call me back. No one email. I’ve been told, "Someone will call you back" or "I’m sorry to hear about that" or we even got told that they made a mistake that he should’ve got the free schooling not the private, but yet all I get was sorry. Sorry but I can’t get a phone call so my son has not done school in over a month and they’re supposed to be this online school that cares about school children’s education. I think it’s far fetch from that and all they’re wanting is money and if they can’t get your money then they just basically throw you out the door and ignore you! Has any other parents experience it as I have? I don’t know what else to do!

K12 Company Information