3.08/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

K12

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

122 K12 Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Where to begin... Absolutely no support for disabled parents or students, teachers (and I use the word VERY VERY LOOSELY) play favorites, are lazy, only do class connects which parents are supposed to schedule their life around while you see and hear the teacher's kids running around and interrupting class time. In NO WAY is this program set up for people with unconventional schedules.

Everything revolves around what time is good for the teacher not the student and God forbid you have a Dr appt or something. They start trying to kick you out from day 1! They have no compassion or understanding for kids and/or adults. They constantly threaten to expel your kid after the 2nd EXCUSED absence!! Dont put your child or yourself thru the hell called K12!! MY DOG IS A BETTER TEACHER!! DONT FALL FOR THEIR BS!!! WORST "SCHOOL" EVER and I use the term "school" lightly because I dont want to insult a "school" of fish as they would be much better teachers.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I removed my daughter from her brick and mortar school. She is autistic and has anxiety. The school setting was worsening her anxiety. K12 was recommended to me so, I signed her up. This has been the best decision. My daughter had a phobia with math that no longer exists. The teachers are fantastic and I haven't had any problems with communication. I will say there is a lot of work involved. I get satisfaction knowing my child is absorbing what she is learning and if she doesn't get something, I can work with her until she gets it. I have sat in on many classes when she went to a brick and mortar and witnessed kids not getting it and they were left puzzled. This was due to the teacher/child volume. The teacher just cannot cater to each student. I'm glad we chose K-12-AZVA, My daughter is getting a quality education.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Customer service is trash. There is maybe one or two decent people I talked to. The rest treat you like an idiot or like they have so many more important things they could be doing. Enrollment process sucks and I’ve called everyday almost for a month and nobody has helped me. Hope you try every option before K12!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I was put into K12 in 8th grade after 7 years of public schooling. It completely ruined me. I became very lonely and depressed which also led me to gaining anger issues. I barely passed my algebra STAAR Test (Texas test). I didn’t learn anything and was bored all the time. I hate K12 with every atom in my body. If your child needs social interaction a lot do not put them into K12.

Original review: July 22, 2019

My son use this schooling program because he was sick and could not attend school. He did everything K12 told him to do and nearly lost entire year of couldn't agree credit because these idiots lost all of this information and did not report it correctly to North East Independent School District. Try another program. These people are ridiculous and they will not own up to what they did. My son has since graduated high school an honor student and a junior at his university and they still have not fix this issue and lost all his credits and had to make them up. Do not use these people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about K12?

Original review: June 29, 2019

Please do not attend K12 schooling. My daughter went for a year & she was constantly swamped with work. The teachers barely teach anything. There are always problem with it. The teachers never answer direct questions as well as threatening to kick my daughter out because of missing 1 day. Please do your child a favor & don't attend this school!!!!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I was a student at this school and I when I first signed up for it. I was looking forward to it being a great and exciting school, but it turned out to be really bad. First off, there was no social interactions at all. My mom received an email telling that there was a student meeting near my area, but as we drove there, we found literally no one. The clubs were very bad as well and there was a low variety to choose from and everything in this school is all online. Teachers are also very bad with directions and communication, especially with email. Ever since I took the STAAR test, I was waiting for the longest time for my results and never received it until I emailed my advisor, in which she told me that I can look at it myself. If your child is considering doing K12 or any online school, my advice from my experience is that you're either really going to like it or really going to hate it depending on if online school is best for them.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I started this school around the end of last year, leading into this year (2019) and I'm afraid this school has just not been for me. I am a very visual person, so when learning it's difficult to really understand the lessons in this. There are slides of few words around up to ten slides a lesson with a checkpoint quiz at the end. The setup works for some, but like me I need visual and more to learn instead of a quick little reading and then a quiz.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Hi. My name is Doordell and this school is a waste of time. My son been here for 6 years and stayed back twice. And he was a excellent student and we had to pay 483 dollars every year. I would not go to this school.

Original review: May 20, 2019

In home school (K12) isn't the best one to put a child in. It's stressful. The outings are once in a blue moon. My teachers are nice but they get mad quickly if you don't participate. Also you have to be sitting or they will put you in a "zzz" room or they will kick you out. LOTS OF EMAILS. Homework is a lot.

K12 Company Information