Ashford University

Compare Online Colleges

Research top Online Colleges recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I inquired about their Master's degree program and let them know very clearly I was only calling to get information about how their program works and that I was just beginning to look at schools. I was put through to an advisor who sent me the information and asked if I would like to put my free application through to see if I would qualify. I thought it couldn't hurt. As I was filling the application out and the advisor was spacing out when I asked questions and at one point was even laughing at herself because she "thought of something that would be funny"'. After that she said she would call me the next day at 6:15pm. No call. At 9:45pm she asked if she could call. I said I had to get up early so just email me from now on.

She called 4 times in one hour the next day, and another 4 times the next day and sent several emails that I needed to get stuff done. If that wasn't harassing enough, she emailed me with the subject line "how come I can't reach you". That doesn't sound like a master's educated person first off. I then explained myself again that I was just starting to look at schools and that I would contact her with my decision. She then claimed I signed some agreement that I would start classes the next day. I said there was no way I was doing that and I was no longer interested in attending Ashford if they bully people into signing up.

She suddenly turned apologetic and said "go ahead and research other schools and let me know. Do you see any you like more?" I did not respond and got another phone call the next day! Very unprofessional! They bully you into taking classes by making you believe you've signed up for classes you did not and that you will get in "trouble" if you don't. Never give them a second look!

I am currently a student at Ashford University and have been attending this school since January 17th of 2017. This is the very first time that I have attended school for as long as I have and have yet to receive any financial aid. According to them my financial aid was disbursed on March 21st two months prior to my enrollment, and yet to receive my stipend. When I called and asked about the information prior to the disbursement date I was giving a total of what I could expect today. When I called back they tell me they can't give me that information due to it may change or not be approved for it. I'm just confused with the whole deal as to how they are handling things with my financial aid at this point.

I feel like I've signed up and giving them information. They've taken out the loans subsidized and unsubsidized and received my pell and hung me out dry being forced to continue on as the classes have been paid for. What's the review for? The classes have been paid for yet the excess funds has to be approved. It's a bunch of BS. The representative asked my name and birthday twice and read over notes. I know that's what she had to be doing as she gasp and paused for 2 or minutes never putting me on hold. She started out bluntly giving me information "okay this is what I have" then said "how may I help you". I know all online schools can't be like this yet this school has put a really bitter taste in my mouth.

I hate now that I've tied my aid up with them as I plan to attend a traditional campus. My enrollment advisor Maggie was outstanding and my student advisor Nadia was very helpful but financial aid has been a runaround from day one. Please take heed to the warning anybody that is reading this. This school is a headache when it comes to your financial aid. They are going to give you a runaround. It has been 3 months and I have yet to receive anything. I have never in my life experienced such unprofessionalism. I was told the amount as I stated earlier of what I could expect when it comes to my refund. Now that my funds have been accepted and their fees have been paid they can't even give me a balance as it was due to me. Really?

Something is not right about this school guys. The class is a great. I've had a great time with my instructors and I really want to proceed forward and I will with the classes that have been paid for. But anything that they feel that's going to impact my 2017-2018 will not happen because I am unsatisfied with how they do things. At a traditional school you go to school 30 days after you receive your funds and that's only if you are new student. If you are recurrent student and you would send it this semester. Before 2 weeks after classes are in session you have your money. I just don't understand how they do things here. I just don't. I've asked questions on top of questions and get everything gets an answer or it's half-** answered or is something to satisfy me for the moment.

This school is completely ridiculous. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR TIME OR MONEY! I completely agree with all the other negative reviews. It's impossible to get a straight answer out of anyone there. You can call five times and get 100 different answers to the same questions. They lie about tuition, it costs a lot more than what the lady originally told me when I enrolled. They keep putting holds on my account stating I owe them thousands of dollars, which is continually pushing back my graduation date. I'm to the point that I'm done with this school and don't care how much inconvenience it causes because I'm planning to transfer! Not only have they taken out thousands in a Parent PLUS loan I'll have to pay back, they keep taking more and more out of my personal financial aide and still telling me I owe them 7k!

I'm still enrolled in this slop fest and I have nothing but negative things to say about all the staff, the financial aid department, and the lack of training they provide. They clearly need to get it together or BE SHUT DOWN!!! Because holy cow this is the worst school I have ever ever ever had to deal with!!! The amount of stress they have caused me and I'm sure most everyone that attends this dump, is ridiculous. Never in my life have I worked with such a disgraceful facility. I am embarrassed to tell people I go to Ashford!!! If you're considering this school, do yourself a favor and move on!!!

I submitted a paper in week three of my next to the last class for my degree and received a B+ on it. During week 6 I questioned the instructor about a grade he gave me. When he responded, he stated he corrected his mistake. However due to the fact that I questioned him on it, he was turning in the paper I received a B+ on in week 3 for plagiarism. I questioned him as to why and he claimed that while I reported a 5% likeness from Turn it in, he received a 30% because I failed to put quotations around a paraphrase. I asked why he decided to wait until then to do it and retracted the B+ he awarded me. He did this out of spite.

I was immediately withdrawn from the course and given a F in the course when I initially had a high A. I disputed this, however was told it would not be reversed even though I proved I was in the right and had not plagiarized. I now have to retake the course and it cost me money I do not have. Once I am done with the degree, I will have my attorney pursue a lawsuit.

While going through a divorce, I decided I needed to go back to school to finish my degree. A full-time job and babysitter would be in my near future as I signed a prenup and would receive a low amount capped alimony for 4 years and state approved child support of $2,000. I thought an online degree would fit into my schedule while taking care of my children and legal appointments. At $1500 per course every 5 weeks I would need help. I contacted Ashford and told them my situation. I didn't have a job and the child support and temp alimony wasn't enough to cover my bills and apartment. Ashford said I would qualify for financial aid. I filled out all forms, no problems.

In the meantime, Ashford said, "Let's have you start your classes next week." I was excited and said yes! I'll have purpose and feel good that I'm preparing for a successful future. At a GPA of 3.98, I was studying hard and feeling proud of myself. They then signed me up for 4 more classes. While taking a class every 5 weeks, I continued going back and forth with financial aid counselors and my student counselor regarding approval. "No problem, you'll qualify for aid, just continue your classes!" they said. I started to get a little suspicious of the jumping through hoops and major runaround. When I called to pursue my aid approval, they put my account on hold. First I qualified and then I didn't. I was devastated! They told me everything I wanted to hear (and more), but didn't deliver. They said that my ex-husbands income tax reports showed I wouldn't qualify for aid, even though I signed a prenup and wouldn't get ANY of his money.

I sent Ashford a signed letter to prove my situation (which THEY asked for) and approved financial aid again. Then they said, "okay, when can you start your next class?" I started my next class at their guidance believing that I was financially okay with student aid. After that class, they put me on hold, again. Then all contact subsided on their end for 3 weeks. The next week I received a call from collections, collections!!! What a very sad situation to be in. I feel like I want to sue them for leading me on and using my emotions against me, but I don't have the income to support such a fight. They acted like my best friend to hook me in. They promised financial aid yet didn't deliver. I feel betrayed and they took advantage of my situation. I'm very disappointed at Ashford and disappointed at myself for trusting them. Please beware of this "FOR PROFIT" school as they don't give a damn if they ruin your life or future. Very sad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashford University?

A girl I use to work with called me and asked if I could talk to her about this school so she could meet her quota. I said okay. Well somehow or another she SIGNED ME UP FOR CLASSES I NEVER TOOK and now I'm being charged for like 3 classes and some pretend LAB I never used for an online collage. When I called and asked for paperwork asking for proof of signature and what not how this all came to be nothing get sent emailed or anything. I'm pretty sure this is illegal and not sure how they hire such scammers in the first place. I filed complaints with the BBB and DCA and nothing gets done.

In 2008 I graduated from Ashford University with my Bachelor's degree. I have tried to get my Master's a couple of times but due to several things happening in my life it has not happened. In November Josh ** called me to get me 'enrolled' in their Master's Degree program. I should have never gotten involved with them again. I have a zero balance. I owe them absolutely nothing at all, however when I withdrew my admittance into their program they then sent me a form saying I had to prove my identity, which I did. I got it notarized and sent it back. They received it and immediately put another hold on my account saying that my FAFSA was flagged.

I have checked the status of my FAFSA and went through the Dept of Ed to check on this stipulation and have found nothing to support Ashford's claim that I have any kind of flag on my FAFSA. They have held my transcripts since November. I need them to get my teaching certificate completed in my new state of residency, yet the university wants to hold transcripts from a degree I already completed and paid for. None of the holds are even about my past degree, they are about a degree and financial aid that I am not even receiving! After doing some research none of the "holds" they have on my account are even relevant holds to keep my transcripts. My advice... Stay far away from Ashford University. They are the absolute worst and your degree will be worthless because you won't ever be able to get your transcripts.

I started with Ashford University in 2012, I stopped going for health reasons. I continued to receive calls to come back. In one of those calls the re-entry counselor Christie ** stated that as a reminder that since I'm military I receive classes at a lower rate. I told her that's funny because up to this point nobody told me anything about a discount. I have already finished over 10 classes with them. She looks at my account and agrees that they "forgot" to apply the discount and will speak to her manager about backdating my account since they owed me close to $10,000 in overpayments. I waited for her to call me back for a week and then attempted to reach her, I was sent to another person stating Christie no longer is handling my file and she (Krista **) has no idea about what I'm talking about. I explain the conversation and Krista states that they don't have to back date because it was my responsibility to make sure I was given the discount when I enrolled.

Now mind you when all of this was going on I had a 0 balance owing since I had finished my last class and financial aid and my Tribe had paid everything. After I told this new person I was going to report them to the Veterans Administration I magically had a $160.05 balance and my transcripts were locked. I called the collection agency and was told I owe $800. I'm not paying $160 or $800. They knew I was military since I'm on the honor society for Veterans called SALUTE and they requested my DD214 from day one. I have since called the Attorney General to make a formal complaint. I have several emails showing proof that they knew they owed me money and the email stating they weren't going to pay it. I am a Veteran that served 6 years in the Marine Corps as Military Police and I currently work at the Department of Veteran Affairs as a Police Officer. I deserve to be paid back the money owed to me and my transcripts off hold status.

I am one of the few who will be graduating from Ashford in January 2017. This will be my second Master's degree from Ashford, to my embarrassment. I wish I had never gotten involved with the school. You cannot get a straight answer from anyone, that is if you can get someone on the phone. I have used student aid (loans) to pay for these "degrees" and am due a stipend which I use to supplement my income so I can attend full time. Each semester they have taken longer and longer to release my stipend. It is due to me sometime this month, although I do not know if I will see the money before I graduate. It does not make sense to me that they are able to hold loans so long without releasing your own money to you. So much for supplementing my income.

When it came to my last two or three classes, I decided I wanted to change my major. My adviser flat refused due to the limited availability of classes. There have been only four people in each of my last three classes. There was a two week forced waiting period between the last two classes, which delayed my graduation by a month. Apparently no one else had any interest in completing these classes either once they got an idea of how poor they were, during which I was forced to apply for a leave of absence or be dropped from the program. Once you get involved with them, they tie up your finances, give you the runaround or worse and are just plain rude when they respond, if they bother.

I deeply regret my choice to use Ashford. I have learned nothing truly useful that I did not teach myself. I have a 3.96 GPA at this point and a 4.0 from my last degree so the problem is not due to my lack of ability or dedication. I thought this would open doors for me and it has been a complete waste of time and a huge amount of money. They make sure to cover themselves at your expense whether it is through class enrollment, I have had to fight them on several occasions for enrolling me in classes I did not want or request to take, or the financial aid. This program is the biggest scam I haven ever fallen prey to. I am searching for other methods to express my utter disappointment as they truly do not care. I hope someone reads this and moves along to another university that can offer them something of value for their hard work.

Not only is this 'institution' a complete waste of time and money but they are all complete morons. The dropout county is so high because these people literally don't care how hard you work and have a bunch of small print of rules that are absolutely ridiculous. The instructors don't care about you or if you graduate, which no one ever does. For the price you could be at a real school actually learning something instead of wasting away here getting bothered 30 times a day with their constant bombardment of emails, most which are automated so you can't even respond.

No one answers their phone and the nasty attitudes of the 'advisors' make it clear they couldn't care less if you get kicked out, which will happen if you do all your work and get perfect scores on quizzes. They make nothing clear and most places won't even accept your 'degree' from them, if you're one of the like 2% of people who actually graduate. Don't waste your time and money. It's a school ran by zoo animals. If my advisor got a masters degree you think she'd be sitting on the phone all day begging for students to attend her bullcrap school? Oh wait she got it from Ashford so obviously that's the only place she could get a job. This place is SCAM SCAM SCAM.

I transferred in to Ashford with an Associate's Degree with honors from a local community college and was also given credit after an evaluation of work and life-related experience. I was told all of my A.A. credits transferred, and so on and so forth. I attended a few years (took breaks here and there) but made my way up to 112 credits, had a 3.93 G.P.A., took a break and then completed another 6 credits, bringing me to the grand total of 118 credits with roughly the same G.P.A. (by the way, never invited to the honors society or anything either).

The last class I needed was a very difficult one for me (I have disabilities and a severe learning disability related to math). I had documentation for disability accommodations, informed them what I needed for this class and was denied, despite the fact I had some accommodations for other classes (direct violation of disability laws), and then the advisor tells me that I was misinformed about my credits that were supposed to have been transferred and that I wasn't 3 credits away from graduation but in fact I need FIFTY??? I told this individual that I enrolled under pretenses that they all transferred and I was granted additional for the experience I have and he advised me I was misinformed.

I told him I am $30,000. I'm debt for this degree and they need to fix it because of I was enrolled under false pretenses, they collected this amount of money under false pretenses, and this is the epitome of the definition of FRAUD... And I know this because my ex-husband has three Masters and a Doctorate from Berkeley in LAW and he specialized in Fraud. Yeah, it still is not fixed either. Unfortunately I am not in touch with the ex-husband and REALLY rather not go there! LOL. This school is SHAAADY. STAY AWAY.

Literally everything about this "University" sucks. They have no idea what they're doing, and the whole "Advisor" department is as smart as 3 kindergarteners finger painting ducks on a table. I'm pretty sure they all eat glue. Upon finding out that the school is only out for money, the instructors take 3 weeks after an assignment is turned in to grade it, and having to make multiple calls to financial aid to help them figure out my FAFSA and school loans, I withdrew.

Here's a great story for those of you thinking of attending: When I withdrew, they "accidentally" withdrew me one class into my completed semester, rendering my GPA a 2.08 instead of the 3.2 that I would have had. So now, yet again, I am having to help them figure out that they have screwed up. It seems to be their calling card. Any prospective students, go to another school. The school is a bunch of retarded frauds who don't know their butts from a hole in the ground. This school is a joke!!!!

I am a former military and transfer student from another university. The school was relatively easy to work with regarding enrollment and they accepted my BGSU and former military credits. The credit hours were high but then again so are all traditional universities. The course schedule and availability was great. I merged into an IT program midway through the degree process and encountered few difficulties. Different classes, professors, TAs, etc had different styles just as all major University studies do. Some graded easy, some hard...as with all studies, I learned more from the classes that were not a breeze and which challenged me.

Ashford is not a diploma mill, it is a university...so if you want to ace through a program, look somewhere else. What it did provide was an advanced education available to me during my off hours from work. My degree was accepted by OU and I am now completing my Masters with a traditional in-school education part-time--and it's the same degree of challenge (though at a graduate level). It's worth it, it's academic, it's a degree track. Don't give up or blame the school because you are not making all A's...it's you that should be gaining something. Fail better (as Beckett put it), stumble, try, try harder.

I have had nothing but great experience with Ashford. The staff is so helpful and the professors answer emails quickly. I never had an issue to get into a class or any financial situations. Yes I am in the military and I use TA and therefore never had a problem. My student advisor is such a great help and is always there to walk me through every step of the way. I love that the classes are 5 weeks long and thus I am able to finish my degree in a shorter amount of time. I love that Ashford makes their best effort to accommodate their students.

I received a call from a Michelle **. She wanted to know why I never completed the enrollment with Ashford last year. I told her that the school was giving me the runaround and I didn't have time for it. She assured me that she would help me and get through the process. I am now in my fifth class and they are still requesting the same documents over and over again. Stating I need to put this or not, I should have did this and that.

Now remind you I have spoken to several people asking them what needs to be filled out and so forth. I tried calling Michelle **, no return call. My advisor stated I couldn't drop out or I would be liable for the courses, but yet they don't know what they're doing. I filled out my FASA and it came back approved along with my loans, but yet they are telling me my paperwork isn't correct. I NEED HELP!!! THEY ARE CROOKS AND NOT TRUSTWORTHY. On top of that, I am in the hospital about to have surgery and my advisor won't call me.

I attended Ashford University classes online and I was making A's and B's until things began to go sour. There were some assignments I didn't understand. I tried so hard, but the advisor I had wasn't nice, didn't help me at all and didn't allow me a chance to even try and get the assignment correct. So I had to let it go because no matter how hard I tried, I wasn't getting nowhere, and to find out later about the technology fee turned out to be fraud, just really knocked me off of my feet. I was sent a notice stating that I was entitled to a refund but never received it and I still haven't heard anything after all this time. Still waiting. I have a question, has anyone received a refund at all?

It started off well, until I took my 1st math course. Because I had taken a college level algebra class they gave me credit for their 1st algebra course, so when I enrolled for the 2nd algebra class they did not program or set that ALEKS math program to the 2nd class and did not explain how it worked. Therefore, I assumed I did not have to take the 1st part of it. Anyway they charged me with the class anyway and I failed it. Now all they had to do was be honest and credit me back my money, let me retake the 2nd part of the math and I would be okay... But no. Even though they can see how confused I was from all the emails I sent to the facilitator and my advisor they still charged me. I'm paying that back now, I only have 22 credits left, and they claim I'm out of money. I wish my experience could have been better.

About 4 or 5 years ago I applied for a course at the Ashford University. A gentleman later called my phone. He asked me to send to him my previous certificates which had three years of University work. He told me that meanwhile he perused my documents I could pay $300 so that when approved I will have less to pay as fees. He went on and promised me that just in case I was not approved my $300 would be refunded. At first I hesitated but after he told me that the school would only hold my money if I signed the promissory note which I would be required to sign after the school evaluated my certificate in order to determine how many credits I was worth, I sent the money.

After a short while the gentleman who I remember vividly as Mr. **, told me that I had no credits from my previous colleges that would be carried forward to Ashford University and I had to enroll for a four year course. I then told him I could not enroll for four years and we parted. After one month I got a bill of $1,200. I called and asked the school how the debt had been arrived at. I was told that it was because I had been enrolled in the school for 4 years. I asked him why and I was not a student at the school.

After another two months the bill went higher to over $2,000 and still I was not at the school. Today the school is still sending bills of $2,106 to me from now and then. The US government should investigate this school. The school is engaged with activities of stealing money from Americans especially those with an accent. This has to be stopped. How can the school charge Americans money for courses they have not attended, even without having signed a promissory note, just because one has sent an application?

I enrolled with Ashford in May of 2011. Since then I have graduated with a BA in Psychology with a Major in Applied Behavior Science. I never had any problems with the instructors or the advisers. After graduating I automatically signed up for their Masters degree program. The only complaint I have is that the courses are really high.

I was currently attending Ashford University online. Started back on September 16, 2014, transfer credits as of June 20th of this year they dropped me saying I ran out of money. When I called up Department of Education Nelnet telling me I owe only 28,413 and look on my student portal for each course that I have taken only 13,400. Something does not add up right. Well I want to sue them for lying to me with only 6 course remaining, social and criminal justices degree. Very confused and upset. 120 credits, only 97.0, my GPA 2.61 - not too bad for a first time college student. Need a lawyer. File a complaint, very unprofessional service reps.

I answered the call from Ashford because I was interested in furthering my education, the advisor got me to the point where she convinced me to sign the e-contract - (it was to obtain transcripts from my other colleges to see what could be credited. I told her I was not sure, she convinced me that is was 100 % no commitment if I decided it was not for me. Later that evening I read up on the complaints of Ashford and was able to print up the e-contract.

I faxed them (according to the contract) not to receive electronic correspondence - informing them that I decided that I would not be attending Ashford so that they could not hit me up with a technology fee. And this was done the very next morning - I even sent the faxed letter with proof of the confirmation of fax, certified return receipt. That was delivered yesterday. Yet I am still receiving e-mails - I have called and left messages as well. I am afraid to open e-mails from Ashford in fear that they would say that by opening e-mails - I was acknowledging their correspondence and I haven't even signed in. I contacted 7 on your side. I don't know what horror to expect from this deceiving recruiting - I have been sent a student ID as if I never contacted them. What did I get into, I just want out! I was only trying to get information! I am not sure if I need to hire an attorney.

To begin I was a skeptic with online school and I was right. I did 1 month of a class and 2 weeks of another = 6 weeks of school. My bill is over $4,000. Over $3000 is to Ashford and the other $1000 is to financial aid... Why Ashford lost very vital documents and the feds did not get the documents? So now I owe them $1000 too. Ashford never takes responsibility. All the help on the phone is nonchalant and no help. Now I need to file a claim

Oh Ashford. I am on the fence with Ashford. It seems they need to tighten up controls, cross train and adjust their ridiculous requirements. I know 4 people who graduated from this school. I went to UOP initially for 2 1/2 years. Never had a huge issue. My biggest issue here is financial aid which seems to be everyone's issue. I never had an issue getting a stipend and most issues I have read simply takes for the person complaining to handle their business. Know what you're signing and what you have not signed. Ask the right questions. Become e-mail savvy and e-mail 8 people at once, randomly and I guarantee someone will call you.

Threaten to catch hold of the Dean. Threaten to file lawsuits. This WORKS, I did it. No problems since. With that some of the teachers really don't give a ** and some are there for a check and some really care. In other words expecting traditional University quality within a online University that has not been around half as long. Ashford is working out their kinks, for real.

I've been going to Ashford for 8 months. Everything was going fine until my 6th class. I am A B student. My average is 3.68. I've been accused of plagiarism. I did not plagiarize anything. These people after all money. They make you pay a thousand and something a class. If you're Disabled Student they treat you like garbage. Don't attend this sorry excuse for a School. Forbes School of garbage that's what it should be called.

I have two bachelors degrees from Ashford and they will not release the transcripts for either. The first one is in Education Studies and is paid in full. The second is in Criminal Justice and I owe a balance on that one. I can understand them holding the Criminal Justice transcript until fully paid for, but what gives them the right to hold the transcripts of a fully paid degree such as the Education Studies?! I am trying to get a better job to pay off some bills and it would be a great benefit to have my transcripts available to show I do have a degree.

I have been a student at Ashford University for over two years now, and I have nothing but good things to say about this school. The instructors have been fantastic! They have always answered my emails in a prompt manner and have been very professional each time. When calling into the school, I have had to leave messages, which were returned within 24 hours. My student loans have always come in on time, and I have always received my stipend in the time frame in which I was instructed. The course work is very educational and makes me think 'outside the box'. I graduate in less than a year and am seriously considering continuing my education with Ashford. I have read a lot of negative comments about this school, however, from my experience, I am giving Ashford five stars and would gladly recommend this school to my friends.

I had applied to Ashford and filled out FAFSA. Once I was done I was told I needed to enroll before getting my financial aid award and for them to look at my transcripts. They constantly told me the same thing and was pushing me to start earlier than I wanted. After the complicated process of applying and dealing with the advisors who gave me the runaround, I decided not use this college for my online bachelor's degree.

I have been a student at Ashford online for three and a half years with four classes to go, all of sudden they stopped me from going to school and put a hold on my transcript. The reason was they stated is because I owed three and a half years of tuition fees. That's right they notified me after three and a half years I owed tuition fees. They did not ever notify anytime along the way, not once no email no phone call no letter of any sort telling me there were fees associated with my account. The VA pays for me classes, none of the financial records show a deficit on my account. My GPA 3.15 that's not spectacular but it shows I've been a willing participant.

Ashford University is the worse online school in the history of online schools. After filing a grievance everyone that has called me is just trying to get the money not acknowledging any wrong doing on Ashford's part, they are not trying to mitigate the situation. Here's all they have to do, admit it was a mix-up, put me on a payment plan for the lousy 3,000 dollars and allow me to finish, but no they just want the money before I can go further. No regard for my past performance and dedication. I'm done. They can keep the degree and all the money spent.

I went to Ashford for over a year. They have no communication in their school at all. They put me in a class that I was suppose to be in after I take the two classes before it. They cheated me out of that class, they have charged me for a class that I knew nothing of. This school has no one above the financial aid offices and that I was told I was going to get my Stipend in May then came July they say I am not going to get it. They took it. This school is a complete rip off. They do not communicate with you at all and do not put notes in your files so that it will be there when the other offices check on something you need. The counselors or advisors are not there to help you.

To begin, I live in Mississippi. I enrolled in Ashford University online classes pursuing a master of science degree in Healthcare Administration. I failed a course and the university is charging me for the course which I assumed was taken from my student loan account, but it was not. The financial aid office had me to sign for a school loan and I received a disbursement. Because of that, my transcript is on hold and I am unable to register for class. And not only that, I have been charged excessive fees for room/board, transportation, book fees, and other personal expense and I lived off campus. As stated above, I live in Mississippi - there is no way I can travel to the university's campus daily and there are no records that prove that I lived on the university campus. I am pursuing legal help with the matter.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1918 as a women's junior college, Ashford University has certainly grown beyond the mold. They now partner with Forbes in their School of Business and offer a complete range of educational services.

• Good reputation: In education, reputation is everything, and Ashford University has one to be proud of.
  • Regionally accredited: In 2013, Ashford University earned accreditation from the WSCUC, one of the six regionally accrediting organizations.
  • Online and on-campus: Ashford University has a long established campus in Clinton, IA and a virtual campus available to students worldwide.
  • Transparent tuition: Tuition and fees are clearly posted on their website, so there are no unpleasant surprises after admission.
  • Internal scholarships available: There are several scholarships available through Ashford University for students who qualify.
  • Best for New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Compare Online Colleges

Ashford University Company Profile

Ashford University
1918
8620 Spectrum Center Blvd.
San Diego