3.9/5 (606 ratings)

About Paula Young Wigs

Paula Young Wigs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Young Wigs?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Paula Young wigs are subpar. They do not come for weeks and months. The delivery is terrible. The customer service is even worse. They are very rude and very unhelpful. They charge your credit card more than what the wig cost and then it stays on your credit card pending forever until it drops off if it does. They start counting your 30 days as soon as you order. So by the time you get the wig, you're already going to pay a restocking fee because they plan it that way.

The wigs are not as nice as the pictures. The delivery charge is extremely high if you ever receive the wig. I am still waiting on exchanges and refunds since October the 3rd 22. I recently ordered from wig.com and found out that I'm basically ordering from Paula Young. That's where the orders coming from so that means I won't be receiving it for another couple of months if at all. My advice is do not order from Paula Young. Order from wig outlet that gets the wigs to you within a week and refund you or exchanges within a week and customer service is excellent.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

My versa fiber wig would not curl. It is supposed to. I tried every iron I own and it just came out flat. I called for help and was given a suggestions (all that I had already tried). Was told, "Don’t know what to tell you." No concern at all. I thought this was a good company, but customer service was terrible. So was the wig.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I want to return a wig because it is too gray. The return label has no numbers and is not USPS as I was told. I was denied the request to have a label sent. Today informed me that I need to send it on my own. Will not buy from them because of this misinformation.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Hairpiece ordered 10 July. Card charged 10 July. They say shipped 13 July, but their tracking says product never delivered to USPS. Called twice and wrote twice. Requiring me to call back after 14 days. Arrogant. Rude. No responsibility for their own system. Find another supplier. We have been (past tense) customers for almost 10 years, but something has changed, and not for the better.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I received a catalog with large lettering FREE SHIPPING + FREE COLOR UPGRADE so I went online to place an order only to find out that I had to spend $59 to get free shipping which was in minuscule print at the bottom of the second page. This company also deducts a second shipping charge if you return the wig. I like some of the wigs I've ordered from them but much prefer Wigs.com. They don't try to hoodoo you and they offer a return mailing label and only deduct $7 from your return product.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I purchased a wig, and it was awful even though the photos looked great on their website. I called several times to return the item in the evening however I was unable to articulate my point I guess and decided to call today during the day. The treatment I received was unbelievable, and I was passed on from one person to another and 54 minutes later I got the Queen Supervisor DONNA and she was just as awful as the wig itself. I have no idea who or why she was given that title.

Supervisor Donna did not like the way that I was describing why I wanted to return the item and actually stated that I am not using the right adjectives to describe my dislikes. I promise.

The wig was $126.00 + Tax, plus Covid Charge. Now they are asking me pay for the return which is approximately $15.00 to mail it back and they will charge me 20% restoking fee? Of $25.00. I will lose $40.00 to return an item that I could have purchased on Ebay (same exact maker and style) for $108.00. I am very concerned about reading all the other reviews that I might be being charged a monthly fee without my knowledge. Before you purchase from them copy & paste the item name/make and you will find same item on Ebay for less, no covid charge, free shipping and free returns and much better service. Shame on me for thinking that Paula Young would be reputable Business. Tip for consumers: Use Ebay instead since you will find the same item for much less and free shipping, no covid fees, no restocking fees.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Read the find print. My mom was upset to lose her hair after cancer treatments. We went on site. Used a discount code to get a head cover for wig and headband to help keep in place. Received product. Just found out my mom has been getting monthly bills to be a member. Member of what? A discount? Why would anyone need membership and get nothing in return? It’s not like a monthly shipment of anything useful. I think this is just a company preying on vulnerable people and families who are receiving chemotherapy and can barely keep up with their treatments and bills to notice they have signed up for a useless membership.

Dear Ms. Melissa,

Thank you for contacting us. When the order was placed over our website the offer for the Platinum Plus membership of $16.95 a monthly was selected by customer. To cancel this monthly charge you would need to contact their customer service department at 888-734-7441. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Sincerely, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: May 21, 2022

On Jan 2022 I ordered Brussels wig. It was defective, hair fibers were not attached in two places. Customer service said they would review it when I returned. They would decide if they would refund me. On 4/25/22 I ordered the same wig. I started wearing it in 5/5/22. Yesterday, 5/20/22, I noticed the fibers were becoming detached. I will contact Paula Young Customer Service, but know there will not be a resolution. Therefore, I am contacting you. They need to take this product off the market since it is very poorly made. I have been a long time customer of PY but I don't feel like throwing my $ down the drain. Thank you. Lenora (Lynn)

Dear Ms. Lynn,

Thank you for contacting us. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please return the current Brussels wig back to us along with a detailed note that includes your care process and if you where around heat. Also, please use RA # 0598077 and make sure an exchange or refund is provided in the note as well. Our Returns Department will inspect/ make an exchange if one is granted.

Sincerely,

Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: May 15, 2022

Ordered a wig on April 28 and called to say it was defective. All frizzy with hairs sticking up all over. They are the ones that will decide if it’s defective or not!! If it hadn’t been defective I wouldn't have to return it!! They charge a return s&h fee of like $9. Plus they charge you a covid surcharge!! Crazy. Customer service was horrendous, rude and knew nothing. 45 minutes on the phone!! I wanted to exchange it but my price would have been much higher. Wow. For an exchange of the same wig?!?! I finally hung up on them and I don’t want another wig!

I ordered a different wig on May 29th which said delivered but I have not received it. Was told to call USPS and if I didn’t get it to call back on the 17th!! The CS rep was very rude and didn’t know much. I had to hang up after 45 minutes!! Their wigs are never defective according to them, even if they don’t even look like they’re supposed to be as in photo! A ripoff!! Never buying from them again. Will look for another place to buy my wigs! Shameful. Reviews have been deleted too. I wonder why???

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for your experience with our company. Our Returns Department has to inspect the item once received. The return label will be waived upon inspection. If deemed defective, the smart label fee will be waived. We can send out the same wig for the same price you paid originally. Can you please provide us with the order number or the customer number for further assistance? Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you

Original review: March 25, 2022

I ordered a wig and hair liners, before I ordered I searched the site to make sure I understood what could be returned and for the amount. I put in the order and the amount came to over $113. 18. My cc showed an amount that was completely different amount, they charged 112 .15. So this is already different than the receipt on the web page as they don't send you a receipt via email.

When I received the wig and liners it was not the wig I had ordered, but another style so I immediately returned both for a full refund (well within the amount of time allowed). I had missed the fine print that liners were not refundable So not only did I lose the money I paid for them, I also no longer have the product, they will not send back to me unless I pay the $14.99 for shipping plus another nonrefundable covid fee plus taxes again all this for a $3.00 item 0r 5.00 if I don't get the sale price I initially paid. I ( believe this is called theft)

I also did not even get the full amount for the wig purchase. I was charged for shipping which I accepted but also charged for covid delivery, and taxes. There was nothing on the web cute that stated the covid fee was not refundable. So instead of a full refund of 112. - 9.95 in shipping which the refund should have been 102.20; I received $97.04 not even the amount the wig cost me., which was $99.99.

I offer this advice DO NOT order from Paula Young they will not give you a full refund they seem to find ways to keep as much as they can, and they make millions on the customers who return items and request a refund. I am very unhappy with them, I feel like I got screwed and I really advise potentials to read the fine fine print or go to another site, which I had read reviews prior to ordering but they do have reviews going both ways- so I wonder if some of those reviews are false and made by the company themselves. Buyer Beware.

Paula Young Wigs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Headquartered in Massachusettes and founded in 1978, Paula Young Wigs is an online women’s discount wig shop. It offers a wide selection of synthetic and human hair wigs, hair pieces, wiglets, wig accessories and head coverings. Customers can purchase wigs online or by catalog.

• Discount prices: Paula Young Wigs specializes in discount wigs and hairpieces and most of its prices are substantially lower than many of its competitors. It also offers frequent sales, clearance deals and other promotions to ensure the prices stay low.

• 150 percent price guarantee: Paula Young offers a price match guarantee of 150 percent of the price difference if you find the exact same product advertised on a competitor’s website for a lower price. If you find the same product cheaper elsewhere within seven days of your purchase, email a link to the product page to Paula Young customer service.

• Free shipping: Any order made at Paula Young’s website totaling $59 or more before taxes will ship free to anywhere in the continental United States. Customers can purchase expedited shipping for an additional cost.

• Direct manufacture: Paula Young offers many brands on its website, including name brands and exclusive Paula Young brands. It manufactures all of its own branded wigs directly, which allows it to offer lower prices and a unique selection of wigs you can’t find elsewhere.

• Free one-time exchange: Selecting a wig online can be difficult, so Paula Young offers customers a free, one-time exchange within 21 days of the original ship date of your wig. Paula Young will even pay for return shipping. You will need to use the website to fill out an Exchange Authorization Form before returning your wig for exchange.

Paula Young Wigs Company Information