2. Miscellaneous

3.7/5 (221 ratings)

About Paula Young Wigs

Paula Young Wigs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Young Wigs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Young Wigs?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I received a brochure from Paula Young Wigs. I called their customer service, placed an order for a wig. When received, it was not the quality I expected nor the color. I called cust svc, requested a refund because I was charged the wrong amt, charged excessive shipping rates, which I was supposed to have free shipping according to the brochure. In the brochure the wig was $39.99, I was charged $44.99 and when questioned was told that particular color was an extra $5!! I was not informed of these charges! I was also charged $2.99 for "Protection plus" and an additional $1.30 for covid delivery surcharge!! I was never advised of any of these charges!!

I called cust svc, which is a misnomer!! There was no service except to tell me that if returned all I would receive back was $10.72!!! This, of course, was how they arrived at that figure: $44.99 - 2.99 (protection plus), -1.30 for covid delivery surcharge and - the -9.99 postage and handling fee and minus the $19.99 restocking fee!!! Don't ever get caught up in this scam of a company! They do not know what true cust svc is! Remember, I originally paid $62.57. They charge you and never inform you of these charges!! I should have read all these negative reviews before ordering!!! I won't make the same mistake twice. Order placed 10/15/21, order #**

Shirley **

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I have been a client since 2014 in US and most recently in Canada. I have never had an issue with quality or returns. I like the quality and the only ones I've returned are those that don't suit me. They fit well and I've had many compliments on them.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Paula Young started billing my credit card $14.95 each month in April 2021 for a Platinum Plus Membership that I did not sign up for. Initially I thought it was for some wigs I ordered but the price started going beyond what I was billed for. The cost of this membership was not disclosed and I cannot even access the Platinum Plus website because I cannot get them to reset whatever password they assigned. I used to love their wigs but this tactic of charging me something I didn't request has soured my opinion of Paula Young. Shame on Paula Young for ripping off their loyal customers with this hidden fee.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I was very disappointed with the quality of the wigs. They are thin and poorly made. The webbing shows with the slightest breeze. Took forever to receive the products. But my main complaint is that Paula Young started billing my credit card $14.95 each month for a Platinum Plus Membership that I did not sign up for. I see other reviews that the cost of this membership was not disclosed. Shame on me for not checking my statements and I now have 15 months of bogus charges.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I ordered a wig. I'm a cancer patient. I didn't like it and sent it back. I was told that I had missed the 21 day limit for returns - but I had ordered through a woman who didn't tell me that I had a 21 day limit. And now they refuse to return my money.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Ms. Julie, Thank you for contacting us. Can you please provide us with more information so that we can look into this for you. Please provide your customer # or order confirmation #. Thank you, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: May 18, 2021

Paula Young Wigs has a program called Paula Young Platinum Plus. I ordered an inexpensive wig from them in 2018 and was told I could save $10 on my order by joining Paula Young Platinum Plus. Never, was I verbally informed that they would be charging my credit card $14.95 a month for this service. They repeatedly charged my card $14.95 for 2 1/2 years. There I thought I was saving on shipping charges on my order and future orders. I received nothing for this repeated charge. So today, I canceled this service and am sorry that I did not check my credit card statements more thoroughly. This is just a terrible experience, but there is nothing I can do about this. Beware of this company.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Returns are almost impossible when going back to Paula Young from Canada. I am now moving into my 3rd month of trying to sort through why delivery/receipt of returned product has never happened. They tell you to use the included return label BUT that label is only good in the US. The process for Canada is very different and you will be required to pay either postal or courier charges. There is no such thing as a free return.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I purchased a wig for my wife online. Indicated shipping time was estimated to be 7 - 10 business days. After two weeks and no delivery, my wife called Paula Young customer service to check on the delivery status. She was told that the order had been cancelled due to the item being out of stock. We never received an email or any other notification of the cancellation. Evidently Paula Young also does not update the inventory properly on their website since it allowed the order and gave us a confirmation number. Customer service never offered an apology or any suggestion of an alternative similar product.

Original review: April 9, 2021

This is the WORST online purchase I have made. Customer service is terrible. They still did not issue a refund for a return mailed back weeks ago. They claim they made out a check, but it still has not mailed out. They deducted huge return, restocking shipping fee. But I still do not have my refund despite calling numerous times. I am currently on hold to speak to a supervisor for over 15 minutes. Buyer beware!

Original review: April 2, 2021

I Have ordered numerous times without too much trouble. Shipping is always notoriously slow. This time I ordered 2 wigs and supplies. Suppose to be 24 hrs to ship. Since it was a Friday I waited. The following Wed I called and was told it was being shipped the next morning. It wasn't. Called Friday and the order was really screwed up. Three times I got hung up on or was disconnected. I told them on the 3rd call to cancel the order since it was placed a week before.

After we were "disconnected" I called again and was told it was shipped. Was given a tracking number but per FedEx it had just been sent and the order hadn't been picked and they didn't know when it would be. I resent them just assigning a tracking # only after I told them to cancel. I then sent an email canceling also but it probably won't happen. I hope they enjoy the money because after years of ordering from them, I will NEVER order from them again. And they need to hire people who can actually speak English.

Paula Young Wigs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Headquartered in Massachusettes and founded in 1978, Paula Young Wigs is an online women’s discount wig shop. It offers a wide selection of synthetic and human hair wigs, hair pieces, wiglets, wig accessories and head coverings. Customers can purchase wigs online or by catalog.

• Discount prices: Paula Young Wigs specializes in discount wigs and hairpieces and most of its prices are substantially lower than many of its competitors. It also offers frequent sales, clearance deals and other promotions to ensure the prices stay low.

• 150 percent price guarantee: Paula Young offers a price match guarantee of 150 percent of the price difference if you find the exact same product advertised on a competitor’s website for a lower price. If you find the same product cheaper elsewhere within seven days of your purchase, email a link to the product page to Paula Young customer service.

• Free shipping: Any order made at Paula Young’s website totaling $59 or more before taxes will ship free to anywhere in the continental United States. Customers can purchase expedited shipping for an additional cost.

• Direct manufacture: Paula Young offers many brands on its website, including name brands and exclusive Paula Young brands. It manufactures all of its own branded wigs directly, which allows it to offer lower prices and a unique selection of wigs you can’t find elsewhere.

• Free one-time exchange: Selecting a wig online can be difficult, so Paula Young offers customers a free, one-time exchange within 21 days of the original ship date of your wig. Paula Young will even pay for return shipping. You will need to use the website to fill out an Exchange Authorization Form before returning your wig for exchange.

Paula Young Wigs Company Information