Paula Young Wigs

• 11%
  • 18%
  • 46%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Young Wigs?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Young Wigs?

Reviewed June 5, 2024

I did research company prior to buying, but apparently not in deep depth. I wish I had. I received the 2 wigs yesterday. Although they seemed quality, they did not work for me. I proceeded as enclosed instructions and kept everything new and intact. I contacted customer service yesterday and received the most disrespectful, unhappy employee. Did not represent the company with dignity, nor a customer. I explained to her I was new at wig buying and that I had to send these 2 back. I also explained that I did exactly as instructed by the card enclosed. The broken English-speaking woman was so very rude and continued to not let me speak.

I even tried to over-talk her to explain to her my dilemma but she kept talking over me. I tried to be nice but it did not matter. I am sending these 2 wigs back. The company better not even think about charging me the return shipping nor a restocking fee. Because if they do, I am disputing it with my credit card. If that doesn't work I will turn them into BBB. Customer service? There is none with this company!

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 26, 2024

Every review that reflects ONE STAR is spot on: This company will NOT stand by its refund policy, and is extremely difficult to work with after a purchase. The slow, inefficient process to return/exchange/credit is archaic and specifically inept. I am disputing the charges with my credit card company in order to recoup part of what should be rightfully refunded. Steer clear of this sham of a company!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 22, 2024

The wigs themselves are nice but I only know the Whisperlite line. But the company is horrible. All kinds of add ons to your initial wig price and they have a horrible return policy. They do not care about the customer at all after you have purchased the wig. I would only use them if you can't get it someplace else.

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Wanted to return a wig and exchange for another..same price. Waited 2 weeks with no word till I called to find out status.. Was told they issued me a partial refund.. Very upset as No one called or emailed me. I called few times prior to today's call. They don't care if they have your business..I'm shopping elsewhere.

Reviewed April 19, 2024

I buy wigs from many different sites. But most of them are inexpensive wigs because I'm on a budget. So I was extremely excited when Paula Young had a great sale and I was able to get one of her wigs. It was normally a $130 wig that I got for $19.99 plus shipping and handling. When I got the wig it was beautiful in the front but in the back you can literally see the cap through the hair. I'm so disappointed I can't even begin to tell you. The cut is beautiful on the wig. The hair is beautiful but it is worthless to me if I am worried that people can see the cap every time they look at the back of my head. I feel like people would be laughing at me. So I'm extremely disappointed!!

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

My 92 year old mother ordered a wig because she is getting thin in back. The wig they sent her was too small so she sent it back. I called for her because she received a letter stating she would not be getting her money back because she ordered clearance. The wig she paid for was 29.99 and when I called they said she would get a 20.84 cent credit or exchange. I asked why 20.84 when she paid 29.99. They said they charged her 9.99 for shipping and a dollar(?). So my mom said she would order a 39.99 wig and apply the 20.84 toward it.

When I called they said that equals 61 and some cents and with the 20.84 credit it would be 40. I asked how? And they said 39.99 wig, 12.99 shipping and tax and getting product off the shelf and anything else they could think of. Surprised they didn't charge us to talk to us. When I said you advertise free shipping on your catalog, she said page "2" at the very bottom in small letters it says free shipping on orders of 59.00 or larger. This Co. is deceiving, crooked and should be shut down for deceitful practices.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

I purchased The Shannon Wig and 4 other items at 30% off on 2/3/24. Wigs are advertised online to arrive from the US in 5-7 days. After tracking the order a promise of delivery 2/18/24. I have sent emails and have been since blocked. Customer Service has told so many different stories, and the order is not correct and the price is not correct. Today is my birthday and no refund or products. I am dying of Cancer and on Disability. Thank you Paula Young. You are a thief and fraudulent Company.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

Purchased 2 wigs and had to return them. I ordered another wig which I have already received and waiting for acknowledgment that my return has been received. I reviewed the packing list and the order total was $85.74 and the cost of the wig was $59.99. They added a $1.95 fee for staging (?) and $3.99 for staging (?) with sales tax ($5.82) and shipping/handling ($13.99). I will never order from this company again!

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2023

Paula Young advertises free shipping and returns. However, they only returned 2/3 of the money I spent on a full wig because they charge for all manner of handling and shipping costs. For a $90 wig I purchased and returned, I was reimbursed $68. I'll never do any business with them again.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

I purchased a wig from Paula Young with a 30% off coupon and free shipping. The total was $213.29. Before the hairpiece came, Paula Young Co. withdrew $300.88. I called the company and they said that the wig I purchased was not subject to a 30% discount so they took the 30% away from my order and charged me a total of $300.88 which was tax included. They NEVER notified me of this error or change. I have a receipt from my initial purchase and I feel they should honor the price I agreed to. I never would have bought the wig at their regular price. Thank goodness I had the money in my account or payments I made to others may have bounced and I would have been charged a service fee. They will not budge on the price at all. I returned the wig which they can keep and I will NEVER buy another wig from them again. This should be illegal and very poor customer service.

Paula Young Wigs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Headquartered in Massachusettes and founded in 1978, Paula Young Wigs is an online women’s discount wig shop. It offers a wide selection of synthetic and human hair wigs, hair pieces, wiglets, wig accessories and head coverings. Customers can purchase wigs online or by catalog.

• Discount prices: Paula Young Wigs specializes in discount wigs and hairpieces and most of its prices are substantially lower than many of its competitors. It also offers frequent sales, clearance deals and other promotions to ensure the prices stay low.

• 150 percent price guarantee: Paula Young offers a price match guarantee of 150 percent of the price difference if you find the exact same product advertised on a competitor’s website for a lower price. If you find the same product cheaper elsewhere within seven days of your purchase, email a link to the product page to Paula Young customer service.

• Free shipping: Any order made at Paula Young’s website totaling $59 or more before taxes will ship free to anywhere in the continental United States. Customers can purchase expedited shipping for an additional cost.

• Direct manufacture: Paula Young offers many brands on its website, including name brands and exclusive Paula Young brands. It manufactures all of its own branded wigs directly, which allows it to offer lower prices and a unique selection of wigs you can’t find elsewhere.

• Free one-time exchange: Selecting a wig online can be difficult, so Paula Young offers customers a free, one-time exchange within 21 days of the original ship date of your wig. Paula Young will even pay for return shipping. You will need to use the website to fill out an Exchange Authorization Form before returning your wig for exchange.

Paula Young Wigs Company Information