Paula Young Wigs

Compare Wigs

Research top Wigs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I placed an order for 10 wigs on April 6 from a catalog which gave a price of $39.99 and included an offer of 20% off any order over $59.00. Shortly thereafter I received a confirmation of my order, which stated that my coupon # had been accepted. Wigs began arriving two weeks later. I have received 8 wigs and was charged $39.99 each. Total charges have been $414.89 (includes shipping charges). When I called to protest the lack of a 20% discount, the supervisor said she would only give me the discount for the last 5 wigs received because I had not called and protested the amount charged within 15 days the shipping the wigs. I still have not received 2 wigs and she promised me I would get them in 4-5 weeks, but they would not be eligible for the discount. She said that was because they shipped them on 4/12 and 4/14/17. They were not received. I was waiting for the order to be complete, but that never happened.

When I returned a silver that was wrong color using their return label and returning less than 2 weeks after recipient. Never heard from then. Weeks later I inquired about receipt and refund. They said they had sent a refund to my credit card. Never happened. They said when I checked again weeks later that they had sent the refund but would take time. 3 months later no redundancy credit card has nothing from them. Lies and false advertising. Would Never do business with them again and suggest that for anyone considering purchase.

I tried to point out to them that most of their customers have lost their hair from cancer treatments & should be treated with respect & dignity. Well not at Paulayoung.com, the higher up in managers - supervisors the nastier they got. I was telling them I am a stage 4 breast cancer survivor and had brain cancer & I will be using their services from 2000 and now for the rest of my life - you would think they would say, "Hey this is a very good patient and we want to keep her happy." I was telling them of the serious financial problems I am currently going through and was facing the reality that I may lose my home and have no place to go except live on the streets & rehome my 3 cats - which would DEVASTATE me. I was not looking for sympathy. I wanted to know if I could get some kind of discount.

I have spent thousands at Paula Young. It's hard asking a perfect stranger for some help & told this ** I could distribute Paula Young catalogs directly into these cancer patients' hands at Holy Name Hospital & give some to doctors that work in both Holy Name Hospital and Englewood Hospital. I truly think I could have got her some sales but this stubborn ** says she deals with the American cancer center and she is fine. I have skills in marketing & advertising. I could have worked with them on making flyers & doing promos - like $10 off first order & little thing like that and have a little fun like maybe a raffle or anything to have a little fun. I have been going to Holy Names Cancer Center every 3 weeks since 2004. I have seen so many doctors and patients come and go - I hope the patients go because they are now healthy & I continue to pray for them.

Why don't you email me I'm in the process of looking for a more affordable option & I could keep you posted. I hope you and those you love have a wonderful 2017. I don't have my Paula Young order # yet & I did get I think it was a $5 discount & seems to think since I didn't jump on her $5 game changer that I was not appreciative. She acted like she gave me a life saving vital organ transplant. So let's keep in touch. My email is ** and I'm not comfortable putting my phone up here but if you email we could move on from there and that would be great.

Buyer beware. This wig company should not be able to do business. I purchased several wigs and had to return them because they were poorly made and was charged for a restocking fee every single time. I purchased a wig on sale and was never told that it was a final sale and a refund could not be issued on final sales. I returned the wig not knowing their final sale policy and they took upon themselves to donate the wig instead of sending it back to me. I assure you that my wig went back into circulation for sale. The employees and supervisor were both unprofessional and rude. Think of how many people they do this to and get away with it. Do not do business with this company. You will surely be sorry.

I recently ordered two Raquel Welch Wigs, each a different style in the size average. One was almost $200 and the other on special for around $100. The less expensive one fit fine, but looked horrible. The more expensive one was so small, it would not even fit onto my head. I returned both of them, stating that the $200 wig was defective or the size was incorrect. I requested that they do not charge me the 20% restocking fee on that wig.

Today, I received a $233 credit on a $294 purchase (plus the $13 I spent to send them insured, back to the company). I phoned the customer service dept. and spoke to Rhea. She spoke to her supervisor Ms. **. I was told that just because the wig did not fit my head, it is not defective. Even though they came from the same company and both were size average, it is not their fault. Well, then whose fault is it??? I could see if they came from different manufacturers, but they did not. BEWARE!! I do not know how this company stays in business. I told Rhea that I would be following up with my credit card company. Which I will be doing after I am done writing this review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Young Wigs?

When I ordered an Alex wig for the third one it was not as pictured and the fibers looked very fake. I had ordered before and sent one to my sister. When I realized it looked more like the Blair wig and was too straight on top and not styled. They had told me it would be a 7 week wait on that one because it was out of stock at the moment. I told him that would be fine but I got it within 5 days later and it was this mess of a wig. I didn't send it back but have never worn. When I sent this last one back I used their "Smart Label" which their paper said would be $7.98 deducted from the cost. They deducted $15.98.

The person I talked to said she would request shipping cost to be waived. When I called customer service about that they said there was no reason found to refund my shipping from the smart label. She said if I had written a note and put in there they would have considered it. I had told the sales lady that I had talked to earlier to please pass along my complaint. She did not. I will never order from Paula Young again.

I have purchased wigs from Paula Young for many years and have previously been very happy. Over the past two years the company has completely changed their values and customer service. When I order a new wig at given regular price they send defective or previously returned wigs. These wigs are not marked as used or returned so customer can make a choice, nor are they packaged as new. I called to request a NEW one after three returns and they said they will not guarantee that you will get new, unused wig. Very rude and terrible customer service. I do NOT recommend buying their product any longer. I probably have 20 of their wigs but will not order from them again.

Just bought a wig from Paula Young. Did not fit right. Spent 42.9. Contacted them, they told me to send it back. The day after I sent it back they told me they could not refund because clearance item. Never told me before I sent it back. Now fighting to get money back from PayPal. Do not buy from this company, they will rip you off.

I ordered 2 wigs totaling 109.00. I did not even try them on. When I opened box, I immediately knew they weren't for me, didn't try on. Boxed back up, all tags still attached and all paperwork was included. Today I received a refund of only 42.00. When I called the company I was told one of them were clearance and I wouldn't get my money back and that they donated it to charity. Be careful if you order from this company. I only wish I had read the complaints before ordering.

I had already bought 9 Paula Young Wigs and all fit fine and looked good. I decided to buy 1 Jaclyn Smith wig. It wouldn't stay on my head when I tried to style it, so I never wore it. I returned it and paid for the shipping and wrote a letter saying to send me another wig in exchange for it. I called them and they said because I had taken the tag off they would send it back to me. I told them it was not made right and it wouldn't stay on. They just said sorry. Plus they would charge me $5.00. I was shocked!

Ordered two wigs, which were clearance items. I tried to return the merchandise for an exchange of another wig but was informed CLEARANCE items are NOT returnable and/or refundable (but would be sent back or donated to charity). The wigs were inferior products, as the weave could be seen clearly in the top and sides of the wigs. I was hoping another style might prove more acceptable but since I was refused a refund or exchange, I guess I'll never know. Contacted PAYPAL and they are disputing the purchase. I will NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN... EVER!

What has mail order shopping come to? If you haven't placed an order already, don't waste your money buying from this (Paula Young Wigs) company. Because there is no way to get any portion returned if dissatisfied with the product. I returned my purchase intact but was told none of my funds would be refunded because the tags were missing, which was a lie. Then I was told I could send them $5 and get the wig back or they would donate the wig to charity. So I just did my good deed for the day, I donated $59 and change to Paula Young Wigs for somebody's dinner and drinks and somebody else gets a free wig. Blessings for everybody involved.

Worst Customer Service ever. Placed the order 6 weeks ago but still did not received it. Try called them three times but nobody in the company can find the status of my order. Girl from customer service arrogant, nonprofessional and interrupt me many times. NEVER order again.

I am a first time customer of Paula Young. I purchased a Wig that was discounted as I would like to have a different hairstyle for the Holidays. It was beautiful the first time that I wore it. The 2nd time, I noticed strangers looking at my hair strangely. I found out the reason was because the Paula Young wig had a large hole torn on the top of my head. I immediately went home to remove the wig and contact Paula Young. The representative and I discussed - Why would this wig tear after such a brief time of wearing it? It was not torn when I received the wig, and should not have torn in such a short time of ownership. I did not get to wear it for the holidays. Instead I shipped it back to Paula Young for a Refund - which I was given a Refund Confirmation #!

After waiting 10 bus. days, I did not receive a Refund, and contacted "Ornella **"- Customer Service, who stated the reason that I would not Get a Refund is because it had been worn 1 time and it smelled of cigarette smoke! Regardless, I am a smoker and that was not/should not have been the issue... The issue is "Why did your wig tear after wearing it one time and why would you not stand behind your product..." I ask again "is this a Disposable Wig that I paid $68 for to wear it one time?" Then she tells me that I have a option to pay $5 to have the damaged wig returned to me or it goes in the damaged goods (disposed of)... What about my $68 that I had a confirmation # to receive a Refund for...

She also claimed that there was a tag removed from the wig - no such tag was on the wig or removed from the wig... That tells me that this wig was re-sold to me at a discounted price as a damaged wig is Why the wig tore shortly after my one time use! Very disappointed customer. Could you Please Resolve this issue. Thank You Kindly.

Shipped back and was told no refund or exchange. The colors for the 3 items were a mismatch. I kept one because it was a small piece. When I shipped back the other two they claimed one of the items was not in "pristine condition" yet I shipped it back exactly how I got it. They would not budge and now I am out $50 with shipping. It is a foreign company and customer service reps are robots. Money making and poor quality.

I ordered 2 wigs from this company on November 11th for a total of $291. They arrived separately but fairly quickly. Both wigs were a joke. Both made me look like a clown with too much hair, ugly colors that looked nothing like the pictures on the web site, and poor fit. I sent them back promptly at my own expense. Mind you, they cost me $14.99 to get them shipped to me. Then I spent another $30 + to send them back to 2 separate addresses. THEN, I was charged another $54 between the 2 of them for restocking fees and who knows what else. All in all, I spent $99 for NOTHING. I will NEVER order from this company again, and would suggest that you do not either. It will cost you a fortune, and the wigs are not of good quality AT ALL. My recommendation - go with Raquel Welch wigs - they are awesome!

After being customer with Paula Young for years with successful exchanges and returns I was refused a return due to "not in pristine condition", stated had an odor. I returned with all tags and in condition I received it. I was not allowed to talk to a supervisor. I will no longer order from Paula Young and advise other to beware of their "pristine" requirement. I regret I was not allowed a more satisfactory resolution.

I ordered wigs online from Paula Young. It was my first time on the site and I read the stated return policy. I had ordered color swatches from the wig company for $50 and chose my color wisely. When the wigs arrived they were big and bulky and looked comical on me. I returned all 3 of them promptly. All tags were intact, never removed, and in the original box, with net. They were NEVER worn just tried for fit with tags on. I was charged a $40 restocking fee for each wig and $80 restocking fee for a very expensive wig I wanted to exchange. So $160 approximately in restocking fees!!!

Two of my wigs made no mention of Drop ship on the invoice or return label. It was not noted on the website when I ordered. Seems ALL wigs are Drop Ship and these fees are well hidden and easy to miss if you have chemo/radiation brain!! Plus these people are just nasty to deal with. This is a hard lesson to learn because we all want to believe that people are honorable and will do the right thing. Do Not; DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

I purchased a wig for my mother. She was very unhappy with the quality. She returned it for a refund it, and I received a postcard saying that the sale was final and the item had been donated to charity. BEFORE I purchased the wig, I called the company and asked if I could receive a refund if my mother didn't like the wig. When I called their customer service, the representative was rude and said I should have noted that it was a sale item and not eligible for a refund. $100 down the drain, NOT including what my mother paid for return shipping. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

I recently purchased a Paula Young wig online. I received the item and the next day I received a catalog that had take $10 off the price of any $49.99 purchase along with free shipping. Since the wig came just one day before I received the catalog I called to ask if I could get a $10 credit since the wig I purchased was $59.99 and the agent told me no because I ordered online and the sale was only good if you ordered through the catalog. I tried to reason that it was the same wig and the same company and that I had made several purchases through their company for the past few years. She hung up. I decide to return the wig for a refund due to their bad customer service department and then read about their return policy where I would be charged $19 for a restocking fee. I guess it is an expensive lesson that taught me to never deal with this company again.

I ordered a wig Sept.15th, received it Sept. 26th, 2016, looked nothing like the picture and color nothing like sample shown. I immediately sent it back for exchange for another wig. After talking with 3 different people, was told two of the times that they had received my wig and my exchange was being processed and would be sent in 5 to 7 days. Now I call today which is Oct. 17th, and they tell me that my wig is now a donation, and I can't get a refund or exchange. This is unbelievable! Took me over a month to find this out. What a joke. Warning buyers to read any fineprint before ordering from this place. I will certainly pass the word on what a terrible customer service you have!!!

I ordered 3 wigs and all of the accessories. One was drop shipped from another vendor. Apparently this ship date started my 21 day return clock. The Jazz wig arrived 5 days before the 2 Paula Young brands. I had no paperwork included with Jazz so I couldn't return it. When the others arrived, I kept one and returned 2. By the time they processed the returned Jazz, it was a hair beyond the 21 days. The PY brand was credited because it was within 30 days. I communicated via email which was a joke. They pasted the return policy in their reply. They did not even acknowledge I couldn't return the Jazz until I had the paperwork with the later shipment. I'm out $120. I wish I had found this site before I ordered. Now it's impossible to get completely off of their mailing list. Buyer BEWARE! Read these before you buy.

I have been ordering from Paula Young since 2016. I order five to six wigs per year and I have previously never had a problem. On July 7, 2016, I purchased a Sheer Chic wig and received it on or about July 19, 2016. When I ordered the wig, I did not see (and I do not believe it was) a final sale item. I know the difference between a sale item and a final sale item. After receiving the wig, it was very comfortable, but it did not suit my face shape. I returned it the next day after receiving and requested an exchange for a Sheer Beautiful.

About two weeks later, I received a card saying that the two wigs were on clearance; therefore, they donated the Sheer Chic to charity. I was furious and spoke with a customer service rep. who basically said that I was just out of luck. I called back and talked to a supervisor and was the told the same. Naturally I was furious because I unwillingly donated $80 to charity and received nothing. I will never use this company again. I think they are crooks and their customer service is awful. If it was, in fact, a final clearance item, they have stamped the invoice as such, but it said nothing about a clearance item. BUYER BEWARE!

I am a long time customer, ordering many wigs over many years. I recently ordered an expensive wig. When wig arrived it was a different color than the picture in the catalog. Called customer service and was greet with a less than friendly response when I explained my problem and told the CSR I was not satisfied with the wig and wanted to return it. I was told that since it was a clearance item I could send it back at my expense and they would determine if the correct item was shipped to me. I tried to explain the issue was not whether the correct item was shipped but that the item I received was not the same color as depicted in the catalog or the color chart regardless of whether the correct item number shipped or not.

The CSR appeared to get annoyed so I asked for a Supervisor, who also appeared to be reading from a script and was also less than helpful. Either she did not understand my position or did not want to understand my position. Their solution, I send the wig back, they decide if my position is valid. If, in their opinion it is not they do not return my wig but give it away and I am out the money. What a great way to discourage anyone wanting to return a clearance that does not match the product in the catalog. Why would I return this item to a company who has CSRs who are less than friendly when dealing with returns and having them make a decision that potentially will result in me having nothing. It is so much easy for them to just say I am wrong, give away my purchase and close the issue with me having no recourse. Terrible way to do business.

I have found this company to be excellent. I have returned more than 1 wig and got very good service in replacement or credit. It is "The Wig Company" that would not refund my money when I returned a wig to The Wig Company. That wig looked horrible - unnatural looking, too much hair and the color was awful. I tried to return it to The Wig Company and explained that I was a little over their 30-day return period because my husband has just died. They would not give any leeway and they charged my credit card for the return postage which was in the amount of $14.99. Be thankful there is a Paula Young Company in which to do business with.

I returned wig piece. Did not receive a refund of 39.00. They said "didn't get it 21 days from when it was shipped." They lied about when they received it as post office said they got eight days before. Also the return policy instructions on back said thirty days.

April 23, 2016, I purchased a money order in the amt of 133.98. This included shipping. Filled it out and placed it and the catalog order form filled out for 100% human hair wig Manhattan #A5068. Placed the money order and order form inside the catalog envelope and mailed them April 23, 2016. May 5 I phoned to see if I could get the free shipping. I didn't see at the time of placing the order. Millie told me the order was received and hadn't had time to ship. She said she would apply the free shipping. May 9, 16, and 23, I phoned back to see why the order hadn't shipped that Millie told me it was in and hadn't had time to ship.

Each of the other 3 TSR's told me I was told wrong and you guys hadn't received my order. It's nice to know after you have been scammed that you guys are in the business of scamming people instead of selling wigs and wig products. Be aware that your company has been reported to the Federal Trade Commission. Carol ** is a very dissatisfied customer...

I returned the same week I received, after trying on and was told the wigs were in unacceptable condition. I was told that I would get back $100.92. The company said they cannot now return the money stated to me. Beware of this company as its product and its claims are bogus.

I purchased 2 wigs that upon arrival did not fit me. I returned them to the company but only received partial credit for one wig. I had to make more than 8 phone calls over a period of 7 weeks, constantly being told they would look into my return and I should call in a week. Finally, I insisted on speaking with a supervisor getting her name and told her how upset and disappointed I was with their service.

I also let her know that someone in the return dept. had to either misplaced the 2nd wig, lost it, stole it or credited it to the wrong customer. I also told her if I had delivered such bad customer service in my job I would have been fired. She put me on hold and miracle of miracles, she came back to say I would receive a full credit for the 2nd wig. I will be checking my credit statement. This is such a shame as my friends who recommend this company have had nothing but good things to say and their wigs always look natural. However, I am forever soured on dealing with them again.

They lie about their products and their customer service is nonexistent. Even their contact numbers for email, etc., are incorrect. You can run around in circles and find no information. The wig I received was the wrong color and they argued with me about it even though I was looking at the wig. The hair quality was worse than a horse's tail and could not be styled. Not only was the hair awful and the color inconceivable, the cap could be seen everywhere. When I called them, I received the same attitude and service received by the other customers giving them a review. Giving this wig to charity would be an embarrassment to anyone. A cancer patient would be better off going without, in my opinion. It might serve as a clown wig. I am going to call my credit card company and discuss removing the charge. NEVER will they have any business from me and I will tell everyone I know, including strangers.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Headquartered in Massachusettes and founded in 1978, Paula Young Wigs is an online women’s discount wig shop. It offers a wide selection of synthetic and human hair wigs, hair pieces, wiglets, wig accessories and head coverings. Customers can purchase wigs online or by catalog.

• Discount prices: Paula Young Wigs specializes in discount wigs and hairpieces and most of its prices are substantially lower than many of its competitors. It also offers frequent sales, clearance deals and other promotions to ensure the prices stay low.
  • 150 percent price guarantee: Paula Young offers a price match guarantee of 150 percent of the price difference if you find the exact same product advertised on a competitor’s website for a lower price. If you find the same product cheaper elsewhere within seven days of your purchase, email a link to the product page to Paula Young customer service.
  • Free shipping: Any order made at Paula Young’s website totaling $59 or more before taxes will ship free to anywhere in the continental United States. Customers can purchase expedited shipping for an additional cost.
  • Direct manufacture: Paula Young offers many brands on its website, including name brands and exclusive Paula Young brands. It manufactures all of its own branded wigs directly, which allows it to offer lower prices and a unique selection of wigs you can’t find elsewhere.
  • Free one-time exchange: Selecting a wig online can be difficult, so Paula Young offers customers a free, one-time exchange within 21 days of the original ship date of your wig. Paula Young will even pay for return shipping. You will need to use the website to fill out an Exchange Authorization Form before returning your wig for exchange.
  • Best for women who are looking for a discount wig, hairpiece or wig accessory.

Compare Wigs