1.10/5

228 Paula Young Wigs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Over 20 years with them, and this company continues to go downhill. Wigs are of inconsistent quality, customers service is indifferent at best. Ads... Read the fine print. They have zero customer loyalty. I only purchase new wigs that are rated at 3.7 or more. Product takes forever to get to you, so if you have to return, you need to do it pretty much the same day. If you are 1 hour late, they charge you a restocking fee. They are, unfortunately, the lowest price, so I guess you get what you pay for, like shopping at WalMart.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have been wearing Paula Young and other brands of wigs for years, by choice. The last two wigs I have ordered from Paula Young look absolutely nothing like pictured, specifically Carter and Lauren. I am so disappointed in this false advertising. I am tired of ordering and just putting the wigs on the shelf in my closet or donating them to charity. The Pictures of the wigs look nothing like what I received. I feel this is false and deceptive advertising And I can prove it. I am requesting a response from Paula Young. I have called numerous times but nobody seems to respond. Something needs to be done to stop them from this false advertising.

Paula Young Wigs response

Good Morning, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for the inconvenience and experience you had with our company. At this time can you provide an order number or customer number so we can review the account? Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Wigs delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

On August 21st, I placed an order with Paula Young Wigs. The customer service replied to me about being able to expedite a drop ship order. After not receiving the order on the expedited date I called customer service, they explained I should have never been told the merchandise was available for expediting. They credited me the amount for expedited delivery. At that time, I informed them I wanted to cancel the order. We were moving across country at the end of the following week. They notified me they would submit a cancellation to the manufacturer and it would take two to three days to confirm the cancellation.

Long story short... I never received an email or cancellation. Nor, did I receive the merchandise. Now at the end of September my credit card was charged almost 200.00 for a wig I never received. The customer service dept. was rude and refused to work with me on a credit and refused to put me through to her manager! I've had to dispute the charge on my credit card, as this charge put me over my credit limit! I've been a good customer for years! I assure you I will never order anything from these people again. Extremely disappointed how Paula Young's business ethics has obviously hit rock bottom.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Terrie, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for your experience with our company. Can you please provide us with your order number or customer number so we can review the account and resolve this matter? Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Visited Paula Young Outlet in Bridgewater, MA. We were recommended by Dana-Farber. We were hoping for a pleasant experience but “IT WAS NOT”! We walked in the door and were greeted with a “FINGER POINTING TO A DOOR” and unwilling to answer our question then continued on with their conversation and then she said “STILL POINTING HER FINGER AND SAID THE DOOR IS OVER THERE” with nasty undertones in her voice! (That’s the information desk that is provided by your company). So now we have gone into the store and the employee says “DIDN'T YOU READ THE SIGN.” “We don’t allow pocketbooks in the store.”

The employee was extremely RUDE in her manner of delivery! So we chose to leave at the very second due to the treatment we received and they didn’t even care. Very rude and disrespectful!!! Why in the world would anyone want to shop at your store!!! We will not be recommending anyone to your establishment and hopefully no one in your family has to go through this experience! I WILL BE LETTING DANA-FARBER KNOW TO NOT RECOMMEND YOUR PLACE OF BUSINESS TO ANYBODY!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I ordered the Victoria wig and have been getting wigs and supplies from Paula Young for about 5 years. This wig, after wearing it about 5-6 times starting getting corkscrew strands (like a scouring pad) along the very top and around the front. I called customer service and was told that because I had removed the tags, they could not take the wig back or replace it. I told the girl that tags have to be removed or you can't wear the wig, but that didn't matter. There was nothing that they would do. When I had first called I went to the order prompt and they had my account listed and the items that were sent to me, so it's not like there is no proof that the wig was purchased, and that it was very recent. I finally requested to be taken off from all correspondence (catalogs, email, etc) and this person was fine about it.

Updated on 10/03/2018: ConsumerAffairs did their part and the company did respond. However, once I answered the company back as requested, they just fell off the face of the Earth. I am disappointed in the Paula Young company and cannot believe their lack of concern.

Paula Young Wigs response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Young Wigs?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

It was for my 91 year old mother. The rep told me it was clearance and since I ordered online it was final, even though I chose dark brown and they delivered a blond wig to me. They have poor customer service.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Ms. Margaret, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for your experience with our company. Can you please provide us with your order number or customer number so we can review your account. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I ordered a curled up wrap to help make my hair look fuller as I am ill and losing vast amounts suddenly. The actual product was $8.99 with a process and handling fee of $5.99 which totaled $14.98. I received it and the color was not salt and pepper, it was very black with a few strands of white mixed in. The quality and look was very fake and I immediately returned it the very next day. I was shocked when I received a message only an hour ago that they credited my account $1.00. I understand that shipping and handling was deducted which would have meant that I would get back the price of $8.99,

When I called they informed me that they charged me for the return mailing label that came with the item to be used for returns. In all my years I have never been faced with this type of service. I am 72 years old, bought this item because I am suffering great hair loss and didn't expect to be "held up" for the cost of returning an item. If they want you to pay for mailing items back they shouldn't package return labels with the merchandise. I caution anyone that if there is a discrepancy with an item you purchase, they seem to make their money on return items and not refunding your money. The $1.00 they refunded me was their way of legally protecting themselves for keeping $13.98 above the $1.00 they refunded to me.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Ms. Bagdy, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for your experience with our company. A representative by the name of Latanya will contact you shortly in regards to this order. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I received an email stating "$10 OFF PLUS FREE SHIPPING PURCHASES OF $49 OR MORE. USE CODE 902450 SHOP NOW." When I was not getting the free shipping when I ordered the Ryan wig, which was $49, via the website. I called Customer Service. I had a very difficult time understand the agent. But I did finally get to understand that the free shipping was for purchases of $49, but the $10 off, brought it to $39.00. I said it doesn't stipulate in the offer that the free shipping is based upon the purchase price before or after the $10 off, therefore, please apply the free shipping. Mind you, I also order wig clips for an additional $6.00. So now I am arguing with the agent over $4.00! I asked to speak to a supervisor.

A "Mario **" came on the phone and stated he was the supervisor. He had an extremely uninterested attitude and I could tell by his manner that he was just sitting there listening so he could tell me he would not apply the free shipping. When I finished speaking, he said nothing. I had to ask if he was still there. He said yes, and again said that the purchase price is based upon the price post the $10 off. I reminded him that we are arguing over $4 as I also had additional items that brought the price to $55.99. He was arrogant and spoke in a monotone manner and refused to give me the free shipping as offered in the coupon. I told him that I have been ordering wigs from Paula Young since the 70s and he was behaving in a totally unprofessional and unacceptable manner. In as much as I needed the items, I chose to not place the order on principle alone. Very disappointed.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that your not happy with our company. The necessary information that describes the requirements for the promotion is detailed at the bottom of the coupon. if you provide us with your order number/customer number we will be happy to adjust your order as a one time exception. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I returned a wig I purchased on 6-18-18. Name of the wig is Flirty. I gave this to my mail lady who picked it up from my home. Now I call to see if they have received the wig back for an exchange and they tell me they have not received it. It has now been over a month since it was returned. I have called numerous times to check on the status of the return. After calling I am now told that I have no option but to lose the money I paid for the wig because I did not return it to the post office and get a tracking number.

I have looked and looked on the return located on the back of the order form and nowhere does it tell me to take it to the post office. I just feel that they should be able to track this package by their numbers on the return label. I have bought wigs from Paula Young all my life and this is the first time I have encountered this problem. I am living on a fixed budget and cannot afford to lose the $30 it cost. Please add the taking it to the post office for a tracking number on your return procedures.

Paula Young Wigs response

Good Morning, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for your experience you had with our company. Can you please provide us with your order number/customer number so we can resolve your issue? Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: July 26, 2018

I bought 2 wigs on Paula Young website and their website allowed me to put a US shipping address. After some days, I received an email telling me that they could not accept the US address because I have an international credit card. So, why did their website allow me to buy it and put the US shipping address? Their website is clearly inadequate for international customers!!!

They placed an order to my credit card and I still can not see if it is cancelled or not! So, I can be charged for a product they will not send to me! I phoned 3 times 1-800-472-4017 and the attendants left there for more than 30 minutes and could not solve the problem! Three international calls! Paula Young has no consideration for customers and their service is terrible! I also have the suspicion that it is not allowed by US law to treat customers in such a way. Unfortunately, I am a foreigner and everything I can do is make this complaint.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Ms. Cristina, Thank you for contacting us. Due to our contract with international countries we are not allowed to have the billing address international and shipping to the United States; some like to avoid the taxes and duties that occurs when sending a package. If you provide us with your order number we will be happy to clarify if the order was cancelled or not. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: July 19, 2018

Wig A3416 Geneva, color 2726 $57.98 - I received the wig on 7-18-18. I had not ordered wigs from Paula Young for many years, I was always satisfied with my previous wigs. I am older now so ordered the same named wig in a lighter color #2726-8. This wig is poorly made and has more hair on one side than the other. The texture of the hair is totally different and looks "wig". Hair stands on end and is impossible to style. I want to look natural as I have loss of hair from chemo. I feel you must have changed wigmakers as this is nowhere near the quality of my other Paula Young wigs. I will not be ordering from you again!!! Will also let my friends at the hospital know about this.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. we do apologize for your experience with our company. Can you please provide us with your first and last name, billing address, or/and a order number or customer number as we need for reviewing your account. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: July 13, 2018

When I called to return the wig today that I had purchased for my 98 year old aunt's birthday, Shane was so rude and they sound like robots, as their apology is so canned it is ridiculous. We are real people out here, trying to help people that do not have a lot of hair and PAULA YOUNG'S company takes advantage of us. I am returning the wig I ordered as it was too much hair for my aunt and they could care less that I have to get it there overnight, or they will charge me another $20! It does not matter that I did not receive it until the 22nd of June... or that I had to travel to another city to give it to her, they are saying they have to have it tomorrow or ELSE! Please do not be fooled by them and do not do business with them! I am disputing the order immediately!

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that your not happy with your experience.Can you please provide us with your order number/Customer number so we can look into your inquiry? Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: July 6, 2018

I ordered an item from the clearance section. When it arrived, I tried it on and didn't like it. I returned it the next day. Few days later I received a postcard telling me that the item (jumpsuit) has been "donated to charity on my behalf". I called and asked why they sent me such a post card, I was told to read the center page of their catalog where the policy is written. I went back to the catalog and could not find this so called policy. I have called three different times asking for my jumpsuit back and each time the manager tells me they will not send it back.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Stella, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that your not experience with our company was not pleasant. If you can either provide us with your order or customer number so we can review your account? You can also contact our office at 1-800-748-6910 request to speak to the Customer Support department for further assistance. Thank You, Especially Yours Customer Service

Original review: June 6, 2018

I ordered a $68.98 4 pc hair extension and when received was wrong color and length too long. I sent it back and they refused to refund me because the box was torn which happened when opening it. The item itself was undamaged and unworn and still attached in the box. I think this is pathetic and highway robbery. They would not offer store credit either. They just want to keep your money and don't care at all about customer service. I told them I would be filing a complaint and telling everyone I know not to order from them because everything on their website is a lie and fraudulent!!!

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that we did not receive satisfactory Customer Service. Can you please provide us with a Customer number, Order Number, or your full address for further assistance? Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: May 15, 2018

As if the expense of having cancer isn't high enough, these people take advantage. I ordered a wig that was too dark and not quite the look for me. I had to return it. I paid the return postage and the Paula Young people charged me $33.32 for sending it back. Restocking fee. The wig I ordered was drop shipped from the manufacturer. Shame on you for taking advantage of people going through this horrible disease. I will make sure I pass you on as a place to avoid.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that your not happy with your last experience with your order. As outlined on our website and on the paperwork enclosed in the box with your order all returns and exchanges are subjected to a 20% re-stock fee. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You,Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: May 13, 2018

I went onto the Paula Young Wigs site directly. If you signed up for emails, they gave you a 10% off code to use with your purchase. I did and I got my code but try as many times as I could before getting totally frustrated, it did not work. I sent them an email and got the auto response that someone would contact me. Well, I found the same wig at a different wig site (they sold Paula Young Wigs along with others) and it was cheaper because they charged less for shipping. When I emailed Paula Young to tell them that and the fact that I could not get the 10% off to work and to please unsubscribe me, all I got back was "you can hit the unsubscribe at the bottom of this email." They never addressed the issue of the 10% off. No, it wasn't much money, but it was the principle. SO DON'T BUY DIRECTLY FROM THEM BEFORE YOU GOOGLE THE SAME WIG AND SEE YOU CAN GET IT CHEAPER ELSEWHERE!

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that the code was not working. If you log onto any of the emails we have emailed you it should stop the emails. If for any reason you still receive the emails, please contact us we have can have our Web team assist with removing your from our emailing list. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: May 12, 2018

I purchase a hairpiece which was advertised as having clips. It did not. I paid shipping to review the product and was told I would not be charged the return fee. But I was charged and they refuse to refund.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Jody, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for your experience with our company. Would you have an order number or customer number so we can look into this matter? Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: May 11, 2018

Wig 1 A3025 Braided Headband with hair 10 Product, $29.99 $9.99 P&H = $39.98 Paid. Item returned 3/19/2018 and verified received by P Y. Have been calling since 4/3/2018 to verify that instructions on receipt were followed. I have called 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/1. Told refund check in the mail. It is now 5/11/2018 and I have not received the check. One star for the customer service staff that answer the phones, they are polite and yes me to death but nothing is done. Ms. **, Amanda and numerous others. Wig did not fit comfortably, followed instructions for measurements. Color was not good and texture was too hard. Oh so disappointed with how the Paula Young operates.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. Your refund check 02043967 $22.00 issued on 4/17 was mailed out on 5/9. Have you received your refund at this time? Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: May 9, 2018

Ordered 2 wigs on 3/17/18. After modeling for family, returned for exchange. Called their 1-800-364-9060 line to ensure exchange possible. Completed the form and returned for exchange. Called 4/16/10 to inquire about status of exchange. The representative, who was quite rude, explained my returned arrived the day before. ABSURD that the USPS took 4 weeks to deliver. I would be receiving an email in 5-7 days confirming shipping. Indeed, received invoice with no refund. Paula Young charged full price for 2 new wigs - no exchange. I have completed the 'contact' form. However, based upon the reviews on this website, I doubt I will ever hear from them. I am appalled at their lack of customer service. There are too many other companies available to put up with this. Boycott this company!!!

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. As of 5/8 we refunded your credit card VI ending in 4081 in the amount of $86.99 which should appear on your next billing statement. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: May 9, 2018

Have purchased many wigs and have through the years been mostly satisfied except for fine print and customer service!! Always purchase clearance because I don't have a lot of money. Just recently a wig I tried to purchase kept coming up for more than advertised in catalog. Called customer service and remembered that the people they have working there are not nice and always snippy. Also, she had me check the catalog and having stopped purchasing from them for a long time, I remembered why I stopped! There is always fine print and exceptions to everything they advertise. You can NEVER get an extra discount and the advertised Free Shipping because they won't take 2 coupon codes.

Also, I returned 2 wigs because the color was wrong for me and after I did everything correctly and never even put on the wigs, used their return label, gave them my credit card number (which I hate doing) I then read more fine print after weeks of never hearing back. Because they were clearance items I would receive NO REFUND and they would supposedly be donated to charity. I would have rather donated to my local charity or given to a friend. They are really sneaky and try to screw you any way they can!!! Also in fine print at the bottom of the page, it turns out the color I chose was an extra $5. It was just one of their regular 22 colors! NEVER AGAIN!!

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Jacqueline, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for the experience you had with our company. However, you did not return the items in the same condition we mailed the items to you in. Your items were mailed back to us in a produce bag. We are holding the items if you would like us to return them to for a fee of $5.00 or less. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: April 25, 2018

I placed an order on Sunday. I looked at my bank account and seen I was charged on Sunday and then again on Tuesday. I called the company billing department and was told that is how they do business and I would have one charge dropped off in "a couple of days". Nowhere did I ever see anything stating I would be charged twice. The billing department was not very helpful and was actually rude. I will NEVER order from them again.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that your not happy with your last experience. Your card was authorized for the transaction when you submitted your order and then you was billed once the order was mailed out. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: April 20, 2018

This company is horrible. I ordered one wig two months ago. Got it. It did not fit. So I asked to exchange it for another size. Five weeks later, they charged my bank account twice for the wig. Two days after double charging me, I received a PARTIAL credit for the wig I returned. So now I have no wig, and at one point, three debts from my bank account. Thanks to PYW, I now owe $68 in overdraft fees to my bank.

When I called the customer service, I was told that there was only one charge and to wait two days for the credit to appear on my account. Two days later, no credit so I called back. The phone agent was extremely rude and scolded me for having the nerve to call back so soon after the first call. She insisted I was only charged once. I waited two more days, checked my bank account and called again today (Friday). Today I asked to speak to a manager. The manager again insisted I was only charged once and that my issue was with my bank. She kept telling me that her screen only showed one charge for $54.99. Not true.

I hung up and went to my bank. They tell me that PYW indeed charged me twice. I was asked how a company can take money from me without authorization? Great question. My bank told me to be careful because they see a lot of customers who have issues with disreputable online companies. Paula Young Wigs is a very disreputable company and I will be filing a separate complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. when placing your order, the card will authorize and then you are billed for the order once the order is mailed out. If we have to modify the account again your card will re authorize for a new charge. Some banks hold the pending authorization for longer than the 48 hour window. Our company is not responsible for overdraft fees. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: April 20, 2018

I ordered 2 wigs, 1 was OK in size, the other not, even though both were average size. I sent the too-small wig back in a week and have yet to hear. Their automated system says there are no refunds and I wait on line for 15 minutes listening to a recording and finally someone comes on line from Customer Service. She said I would have to check with the post office. I told her I can't do that since I used the Paula Young preprinted return label. She then immediately said, "Oh, I see, your item was received today at 8:15 am. You should receive your refund in 5 to 10 days." I shipped it several weeks prior so, is it just that they have a very poor processing process? I will never use this company again and will make sure all my contacts know how horrible this company is at customer service.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank You for contacting us. As of 5/1 we have refunded your credit card in the amount of $24.00. You should see the credit appear on your next billing statement.Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: April 18, 2018

I am awaiting a response from this company since 2014. Since this timeframe, my mother has passed away so she won't be needing the wig anymore. A company response would have been appreciated, so obviously, either this company does not value its customers or they just don't care. Either way, it's rude and it's been 4 years with NO response. Sad really.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Can you please call our Consumer Helpline for further assistance? Our live representative ready to assist you. The phone number is 508-638-7126. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: April 17, 2018

Ordered MED AUBURN. It was extremely dark. The colors are nothing like the color they state they are... so I returned it to get a lighter color. Thought they allowed one free exchange... which made sense since their colors are so falsely named. No. It was only for drop ship orders. So they charged an extra $7.99 because THEIR COLOR NAMES DO NOT MATCH THE DYE COLORS OF MOST BEAUTY SHOPS AND HAIR DYE PACKAGES. With the studio lighting... their colors are not looking true. Folks... do you want to spend $8 each time... trying to figure out their colors. Stay far away from this company.

I am using the REDS and they are especially off on the tones they claim to have. You will notice they don't have a dark auburn. Why... Because their medium auburn is dark auburn. Very unhappy. Was going to buy 2 more pieces because I thought there was a chance I could match my hair to their misguided colors... but I will go somewhere else. They should offer color pieces of hair for blondes... brunette and reds for $8. I would have rather paid and got it right since their pictures are screwed up... but you know I BELIEVE A BIG PART OF THEIR INCOME COMES FROM PEOPLE EXCHANGING THE CONFUSING COLORS THEY OFFER.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that your not happy with our company's policy. As stated on the form that is enclosed in your order, The smart label is an optional label that can we be used to return items back to our company. You can pay at your local post office to return the items for a cheaper or equal value of our label. If an exchange is being processed we would send it out free of charge. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: April 16, 2018

Have ordered twice from them. I was not satisfied and sent wigs back. Neither time did I get a refund. They said they gave them to nursing homes and I didn’t get a refund. First I ordered I thought, "Well maybe I was too late sending back" but second time I was sure and sent back same week I received but they said same thing.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. Can you please provide us with an order number or a customer number so we can look into this matter? Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: April 15, 2018

I ordered some clip-in hair extensions that turned out to be too yellow for my taste. I was well aware of their strict return policy so the day I received them I e-mailed customer service for return authorization & label. I didn’t hear anything for five days & e-mailed them again... still nothing. I sent another e-mailed stating that I’d been waiting since ** date for a response.

I finally got something back two days later stating that they had replied to my other two e-mails and that my return window closed and a refund would not be possible. I replied back that I was very disappointed with their response since I had not received their e-mails and would it be possible to speak with a Supervisor. That was five days ago and I’ve not heard from them yet. You can try selling your items on eBay or Poshmark and at least try to recoup your money or donate it yourself and take the tax write-off. Yes, we’re all getting ripped off but the only way this company is going to change is if they lose customers. I wish I would’ve read the awful reviews before I placed my order!

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for your experience with our company. The order number you provided does show a refund was provided for the returned item. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: April 10, 2018

I ordered a clearance wig. No mention they were not to be returned. It was poor quality and looked so fake. I returned it with their printed label and received a card. They donated it & I got NO credit. I then ordered again on an expensive one and it was not good. I got part of a refund. They have charged me $14.95 a month for three months and couldn’t get it cancelled for a free shipping charge. I won’t be buying from them & would like a refund on their Platinum Plus for three months.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. All of our items that are on clearance are final sale which is outlined in our catalogs, website, and o the back of our collate that is enclosed in your package. You will need to contact Platinum Plus membership department at 1-888-734-7441 for further assistance. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: April 6, 2018

On January 2, 2018 I ordered a couple wigs and some accessories. I returned the wigs and one of the accessories on January 16th, using their pre-printed return label. For over a month I heard nothing from them, so sent an email. They said they would check on it. After several other emails and no refund, I called on March 30th. Lady said they received it January 21st and would put in for the refund, should have it by April 4th, no money yet. After another phone call April 6th, she said it would be another few days. I am not happy with their business practices. Would never do business with them again.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Kathy, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that you didn't receive your credit at the time you mailed your items back. As of 5/10 we show the refund was given. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: March 7, 2018

I am ashamed to live in New England when the girls working at the outlet store are rude and not organized. I do not know WHO is running Paula Young, but they are not doing a good job, especially with both store and online customer service. I have had terrible experiences especially at the store. It's a shame because they do have a decent product for the price. Your customer service can only be as good as your supervisors so I hope they are reading these complaints and taking them seriously!

After I receive my last order (whenever that will be???) as they ship faster to Canada than someone who is literally 40 miles away - I will be done with this store. Obviously your supervisors aren't effective! You can keep the hiring new people, but unless you have good effective people in charge at the top, nothing will change!! If you can't even get your customer service to reply back to a "how are you?" question - you've already lost the battle. A little COURTEOUS GOES A LONG WAY!!!! Massachusetts people are not THAT RUDE!! What is your problem? Customer service is so rude in fact, it's almost like they are trained in it. It's that bad.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize that your experience was not pleasant. Can you please provide us with your order number/Customer number and the time you attended our outlet store so we speak to our representatives? Again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank You, Paula Young Customer Service

Paula Young Wigs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Headquartered in Massachusettes and founded in 1978, Paula Young Wigs is an online women’s discount wig shop. It offers a wide selection of synthetic and human hair wigs, hair pieces, wiglets, wig accessories and head coverings. Customers can purchase wigs online or by catalog.

• Discount prices: Paula Young Wigs specializes in discount wigs and hairpieces and most of its prices are substantially lower than many of its competitors. It also offers frequent sales, clearance deals and other promotions to ensure the prices stay low.

• 150 percent price guarantee: Paula Young offers a price match guarantee of 150 percent of the price difference if you find the exact same product advertised on a competitor’s website for a lower price. If you find the same product cheaper elsewhere within seven days of your purchase, email a link to the product page to Paula Young customer service.

• Free shipping: Any order made at Paula Young’s website totaling $59 or more before taxes will ship free to anywhere in the continental United States. Customers can purchase expedited shipping for an additional cost.

• Direct manufacture: Paula Young offers many brands on its website, including name brands and exclusive Paula Young brands. It manufactures all of its own branded wigs directly, which allows it to offer lower prices and a unique selection of wigs you can’t find elsewhere.

• Free one-time exchange: Selecting a wig online can be difficult, so Paula Young offers customers a free, one-time exchange within 21 days of the original ship date of your wig. Paula Young will even pay for return shipping. You will need to use the website to fill out an Exchange Authorization Form before returning your wig for exchange.

• Best for: women who are looking for a discount wig, hairpiece or wig accessory.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs