2. Shopping
  3. Wigs

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Paula Young Wigs Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2020

Ordered a wig and it was the wrong one. The seller admitted to it being wrong but will not refund money!!!! I did not want a partial refund just a full refund or the correct item. They don't answer my concerns.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Paula Youngs staff and supervisors were very rude in the 3 Times that I called to verify they received the clip in hair piece I sent back because it didn't match my own hair! They received it 3 weeks ago! It doesn't take that long to issue a REFUND! People with cancer needing hair pieces don't deserve this treatment! I have a feeling I won't ever receive my money back! They deserve a 0 rating, not even a 1!!

Original review: April 3, 2020

This company has been terrible to me. I returned several wigs and after 2 months have not received a refund. They keep saying that they haven't got the returned items yet. I don't believe them. Beginning to think I need to report them and cancel my card. Very disappointed customer!!!

Original review: March 26, 2020

Ordered a wig and upon receiving it, I was stunned. It has a lot of wild long hair on top, but literally no hair for the sides. No matter how I tried to style it, I couldn’t do a thing with it. Called to get return instructions and customer service was very unpleasant . They also automatically charge a P Plus fee of $19.95. Have not received confirmation on my refund. I sincerely recommend not buying wigs from Paula Young.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Returned a wig for exchange with all details enclosed in box and they up and returned the same wig back to me and charged my credit card again. When calling them about their mistake, they said they could not rectify their mistake and I would have to do the same thing again by returning the wig for an exchange. The wig I sent back for exchange is A1136 14/88A#8 Shannon Blond (too long) $59.99 to exchange FOR WIG 14/26A#8 Sunkissed Blonde (Avg size) for $39.99 chin length lightly tossed beachy wave wig. My return number **. I want Paula Young to correct their mistake by their return department and give my money back.

Gwen

Dear Gwen,

Thank you for contacting us. We would be more than happy to look into your account for you. Please provide us with your order number or customer number so that we can look into your exchange for you. Sincerely, Paula Young Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paula Young Wigs?

Original review: March 19, 2020

I received the hair piece and was surprised at how much hair fell out just by shaking. The color was off as well. I sent the piece back for a refund. It has taken 10 days to process and Paula Young deducted a $16 "restocking fee". I had to pay Paula Young to take back their own product!! They received and added back to their inventory and I had the unfortunate pleasure of paying for their gain.. Never purchase from Paula Young.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Ms. Short, Thank you for providing us with this information. We have reviewed your order and there was not a restocking fee. There was a charge for the original shipping fees ($11.99) as well as the Smart Label fee ($8.95) used to return the item. As a courtesy, we are refunding you for both of these fees. Please allow your financial institution up to 5 business days to reflect the credit. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Sincerely, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: March 10, 2020

I had never ordered from Paula Young, but I finally succumbed to her Email offering low prices for her Couture collection. I, in fact, got a little carried away when I saw wigs for $35.00 and great reviews. I ordered Two hand tied wigs, both around $100 and one basic cap. There is something wrong with the way her wigs sit on your head! I have a perfectly normal head, a tad on the small side, but both of these hand tied wigs have the ear pads in a very uncomfortable way, a little bit too close to the ear from the head. The only way it is comfortable is to pull the wig down low in the front, which looks ridiculous. They slide back because the caps is constructed poorly. The dimensions are totally off.

I am not new to wigs, have about 25 and have never had a cap that was so uncomfortable. The wigs are so thick, they just look like your worst nightmare when you picture a wig that looks phony. I bought these for around the house, but I can't bare to wear them more than 10 minutes before it has to be readjusted on my head. I spent about $300 and got nothing worth wearing!!!

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Ms. Scruggs, Thank you for contacting us. We apologize that the items you received were not satisfactory for you. We would like to reach out to you to assist you with this matter. We are in need of further information to locate your order in our system. Are you able to please provide us with your order number from your packing slip? Sincerely, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

My mother’s last round of wig ordering from Paula Young left her feeling deceived. She was charged $56.36 for the $39.99 wig she ordered. Why the extra cost?? It seems the catalog which in bold letters in several places advertised free shipping had a disclaimer. This was written in small letters at the bottom of the page on red paper (hard to see!) stating free shipping only came with a $50.00 order. A little deceitful - shame on you Paula Young! Then there was the expected taxes. Lastly an approximate $3.00 charge was tacked on for service and protection. The gal I talked to could only tell me it was always added onto orders. And so I’m still left wondering what it is for. Therefore the $56.36 charge. Of course that amount of money won’t break the bank but my mother says she won’t order from Paula Young again.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Terri, Thank you for contacting us with this information. We have refunded your mother for the $2.99 for the protection plus and $9.99 for the shipping. We will contact your mother by phone to go over this credit back to her and to explain the charges and the offers that are in the catalog. Sincerely, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Send wig back for refund. Never a email or response to my return. I have used this company before, never had any issues. Please check into this issue. Mailed back in their box & label for return. Thank you.

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Carole, Thank you for contacting us. We will be more than happy to assist you, but we are in need of further information from you in order to do so. Please contact our customer service department by phone and ask to be transferred to our customer support department and we will be glad to check into this return for you. Sincerely, Paula Young Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

As far as the wigs, themselves (only purchased 1), they were nice, however, they signed me up for a Platinum plus membership without my knowledge or consent They were charging my credit card $14.99 a month. I called them and said I never signed up for this membership, and I certainly did not give permission to save my credit card number to use in the future. The girl was polite, but never gave an explanation, so I'm assuming this is common practice for them. She just told me the membership will be cancelled and I will be reimbursed. BEWARE of this company!

Paula Young Wigs response

Dear Teri, Thank you for contacting us. We would be more than happy to look into this for you, but we are in need of further information first. Please call our customer service department by phone and request to speak to our customer support department and we will gladly look at your account and go over the details of Platinum Plus with you. Sincerely, Paula Young Customer Service

Paula Young Wigs Company Information