2. Miscellaneous

Apple Tech Support

Apple Tech Support
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

Apple Tech Support Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Tech Support?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I was trying to pair a watch but found it wouldn't pair, contacted support, needed to downgrade the watchos, the people whom I dealt with were very pleasant and efficient whist dealing with my query, the watch was a 1st gen. Did turn out to be out to be out of warranty. No care plan attached so I didn't have high expectations. Apple put forward a free service including postage, once they received it, within 24 hours it was back with me. Opened the plain box up, of course they couldn't just send it back in just that plain packaging could they? Within that was a box especially for the watch, very presentable. The sort of packing you expect from all their products, this is very good especially during this period! Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I’ve been using Apple products for years and take good care of my items, so I rarely need tech support. In the rare occasions I’ve needed tech support, they have been great. Is there a wait to speak with an advisor? Sure, but as someone who has worked in call centers in the past, I know many callers are calling in and asking questions that can easily be found online, which tie up the phone lines for other callers. In all honesty, majority of the answers can easily be found on support.apple.com and in the rare case you need a human, you can easily chat or call. In my experience, if you are sweet to your tech support advisor, they are just as sweet or sweeter right back to you.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I cannot understand the negative reviews that have appeared on this website. Over ten years ago I switched from Microsoft to Apple and have been very pleased with their desktop and customer service, which I hardly ever require. The negative reviews at this site should be aimed at Microsoft whose support people are off-shore, badly trained, often uninformed, hardly ever helpful and occasionally rude. None of those characteristics apply to Apple Tech Support. In fact, just the opposite. The few times that I have used Apple telephone or chat support, my problem has been solved within minutes by a friendly, supportive, patient and well-informed technical advisor. Apple product quality is so good that tech support is hardly ever needed. Without a doubt, Apple is far superior to Microsoft in technical service and product quality.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

OK, it's not my computer but my daughter's. She uses it a great deal for her business and when it crashed on her at this time of year, it was a major disaster. No nearby Apple certified repair shop near so she took it to a well-recommended repair guy. He did his best but the "computer logic board" was shot: $600 to fix and out of warranty. But what did Apple say? "We'll cover the costs--happy holidays!" I've always found the Genius Bar staff and the online support to be top-notch and so friendly and polite. This clinches it for me--I'll continue to stick with Apple.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The short version of my review: the Geniuses know their stuff, and 90% of the time, work WITH me to solve problems...no talking down to the customer—not that I've found. So... I'm a very old millennial at 67. However, unlike my millennial son and daughter, who take most tech for granted and only scratch the surface, I'm a power user, software designer. I'm also a seasoned sales and customer service learning program developer.

I'm discerning and demanding in the area of customer service. That's because our company has done customer service rep programs that set a new level of performance for one of the "world's largest retailers"...and sales and product learning programs for other, top global brands. I can always teach even seasoned support people how to up their game, but the Apple Geniuses have obviously been held to a very high standard. They understand there's an opportunity to make a happy customer, and to simply help someone who needs it. They're congenial enough that you can talk on almost any subject you want (while you wait for the inevitable next reboot)...6 STARS, from me!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I sent my iPhone into Apple for them to replace the battery. I paid in advance and sent the product to Apple on. They send you a box with a pre-paid label. So far, so good. Then I get one email saying they need to hear from me. They gave a small window of business days to respond. Next thing I know, they are sending me my iPhone back. They did nothing, did not refund me, and never tried to call or text me. One email is not enough contact with a customer who has already paid and needs more information on the issue.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Bought Apple Watch SE for my wife along with a sports band which was not fitting her. We found an alternative band on Apple website and contacted Apple support. The tech support told us it was ok to return the band only online and without upcharge. We could not go to local Apple Store due to COVID closings. Apple send us link to start the return process but it was canceled. After contacting the Apple again we got told we can only exchange the band if we return the watch and band together. Apparently only selected bands can be returned separately. Very confusing and not very helpful experience. We will return the watch and buy an alternative product.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I bought a new iPhone SE. It came in the mail with the sim tray broke right out of the box. The sim tray works but aesthetically it looks back with a chunk missing. I called the company and the lady said she'd ship me a new one. I got an email asking me to hit the pay button. I refuse to pay for a phone part that came broke. I called the number again. They explained they needed me to put it on my credit card as a "hold on the account" until I ship back the broken sim card to prove it was broken. Are they kidding? Do they think I'm trying to get rich quick by asking for a 2 cent plastic sim tray? I have to prove it's broken? And besides, I need my phone, and the sim tray works. I told them this but they refused until I put payment on my card and shipped back the sim tray. I will never buy another iPhone again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Contacted the Apple Accessibility and Interactive Services Department at 11:20 pm EST on August 16, 2020. The department is reserved to provide special assistance to customers who have visual, hearing, motor and learning impairments. The Senior Advisor screamed at me and said "Oh my God! You nutcase!" Apparently, this department is not set up well to work with those with disabilities.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Their customer service phone support is atrocious. I had to call them several times to fix a problem and every time I am on hold for over 30 minutes (right now I have been on hold for 44 minutes so far). The people who answer many times seem to be knowledgeable but they haven't solved my problem yet! Terrible customer service in terms of wasted time on hold. They tell you they are busy but if they are that busy they must be making good money and can hire more people and respect their customers' time.

Apple Tech Support Company Information