2. Miscellaneous

Apple Tech Support

Apple Tech Support
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.58/5

Apple Tech Support Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Tech Support?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

My Mac laptop was sick. That's what I told the first Apple guy when he asked "How can I help you?" I explained that my speed was slow and sometimes only half of a page would show up on my chrome sites. Even though I was on time for my 10 o'clock appt., he asked me to wait for this one special person he thought could help me. I explained the problem to him and added that I thought my laptop had picked up some malware or it was possessed by an evil empire. He chuckled and after some time of working on it, showed me the malware that may be the cause of my problem. He deleted them and I checked my most used sites. They were perfect.

I held off on this review to see how things would go - no problems. Before I left I asked him if I had gone to too many "questionable sites, He said no that malware can be attached to almost any site and that the person who built or owned the site may not be aware that there is malware on the site. People who solve problems at the genius bar are appropriately well named. (and there was NO CHARGE)

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I've been using Apple products for about 5 years now, never had an issue with anything. I bought the Airpods Pro on June of 2020, and they started showing issues no longer than 2 months after I purchased them. The right Airpod stopped working completely, the case wasn't charging normally and around October, the left Airpod only allowed me to listen to music and videos, it didn't let me take calls. Being a procrastinator, I went to an apple store on December of the same year; even though the problems were showing long before. I bought them on Walmart and purchased the insurance for 2 years, but Apple Care covered them for the first year.

Once in the store I explained everything to the person that helped me, and he gave me the best customer service experienced I've ever had in my life. I don't usually write reviews but this guy truly made my day. He replaced both Airpods and the case at no cost at all! I was completely shocked. I was ready to have to give a hard time or getting into a discussion because the difficulties that the product was presenting weren't my fault, but he made sure that he listened to everything I had to say, he ran a test on the Airpods and effectively found that they had a problem with the charging system, and replaced them for me right away. He made sure that he explained me the process with detail and amiability. I couldn't believe it. Now I have my brand new set of Airpods and case that work perfectly. I wished I remember the name of the guy, but it was at the Apple Store in the Rockingham Mall in New Hampshire. Amazing customer service provided.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I was trying to pair a watch but found it wouldn't pair, contacted support, needed to downgrade the watchos, the people whom I dealt with were very pleasant and efficient whist dealing with my query, the watch was a 1st gen. Did turn out to be out to be out of warranty. No care plan attached so I didn't have high expectations. Apple put forward a free service including postage, once they received it, within 24 hours it was back with me. Opened the plain box up, of course they couldn't just send it back in just that plain packaging could they? Within that was a box especially for the watch, very presentable. The sort of packing you expect from all their products, this is very good especially during this period! Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I’ve been using Apple products for years and take good care of my items, so I rarely need tech support. In the rare occasions I’ve needed tech support, they have been great. Is there a wait to speak with an advisor? Sure, but as someone who has worked in call centers in the past, I know many callers are calling in and asking questions that can easily be found online, which tie up the phone lines for other callers. In all honesty, majority of the answers can easily be found on support.apple.com and in the rare case you need a human, you can easily chat or call. In my experience, if you are sweet to your tech support advisor, they are just as sweet or sweeter right back to you.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I recently bought a new iPad Air 3 from my Sprint provider and discovered it had an intermittent problem with the external microphone in plug. It didn’t always fail, but sometimes, and I wanted it perfect. So I went on Apple’s website and filled out their form. They sent me a box overnight. I put my iPad in it and FedEx picked it up. They shipped it to Apple overnight, and Apple shipped back a new, perfect iPad the day after that. Can’t ask for more. Superb.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

My Apple Watch was locked by mistake. For 41 days, I was not able to make it work. I think Apple thinks it was stolen!!! Although I provided them with proof that I bought in Dec 2018 but they are refusing to unlock it. I wrote a negative comment at their website, a minute later they remove it. I asked to speak to a manager, but they made me feel like I crossed their line by asking for a manager. 41 days and never spoke to a manager nor my watch was fixed. I think they don't like my name or maybe religion. I don't know what to do?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased a new iPhone only because I was going to receive $100 credit on my trade-in iPhone. I went through the process to complete the order with Best Buy - Geek Squad rep as the Apple stores are currently closed. I received my new phone and installed everything. I contacted Apple support because I didn’t receive my trade-in kit. They said I didn’t order the phone that way which I did because I actually did it with somebody else so I know I did it correctly. And so they won’t honor the hundred dollar trade-in credit off my new phone. They’ll only give me a store credit which does me no good.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Bought $169 air pods. Left one stopped working under 3 weeks after I bought them. Apple sent me a left air pod to replace the one that was not working. The one they sent did not work either. No refund.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Bottom Line.... due to fine print, Applecare will not replace my stolen iphone12. I cannot be more disappointed with Apple and Applecare! These people have all the technological power in the world and they are simply not willing to help me locate or replace my phone after I was mugged. Not recommended!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I sent my iPhone into Apple for them to replace the battery. I paid in advance and sent the product to Apple on. They send you a box with a pre-paid label. So far, so good. Then I get one email saying they need to hear from me. They gave a small window of business days to respond. Next thing I know, they are sending me my iPhone back. They did nothing, did not refund me, and never tried to call or text me. One email is not enough contact with a customer who has already paid and needs more information on the issue.

Apple Tech Support Company Information