1.20/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

389 Apple Tech Support Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Purchased a warranty for my iPhone X. I put my phone through the washer and it was non-repairable. Called Apple whose representative sent me to Best Buy to exchange broken phone for a new phone, as phone was under warranty. Best Buy refused to do anything but send my phone to Apple. I was leaving for an International extended business trip the next day, I purchased a new phone from Best Buy. When I returned home I sent the damaged phone into Apple, who sent me a REFURBISHED phone to replace the damaged one under warranty. The representative expressly told me they would be sending me a new phone.

Refurbished phone would not access the internet so basically worthless. Sent refurbished phone back to Apple after many calls and hours on the phone to them. They are refusing to send a new phone per warranty. Apple is insisting on sending ANOTHER junk phone to replace my original! I am appalled at the arrogance, "Customer service" is unbelievably disorganized and pathetic... Dealing with them is worse than a used car salesman. I am shocked at what Apple has become, they do not stand behind their product or warranty... Sad state of affairs at Apple.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My daughter's iPhone 7 cannot make calls in or out text messages don't work, as there was a recall on her phone that was only eligible between a certain time frame. As this woman Renee a senior advisor came to the phone after AT&T and Apple kept pointing fingers at one another and having me run from store to store multiple phone calls for 4 days. I explained to her as a single mom of 5 kids I needed to know where my children were at all times. She explained to me that your daughter can go 5 days without a phone as when she grew up they never had phones.

I couldn't believe the disrespect considering her company supports phones as this is her means of a paycheck. I have tried to reach out to corp. office and I'm having no luck. This woman was very disrespectful as I had tears and shaken voice from the stress of running around all the calls and trying to take care of my kids this past weekend. NO ONE still hasn't helped me and now I have to pay out of pocket for a new phone.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

A few weeks ago both my rear camera and flashlight stopped working on my iPhone 6s. I had not dropped the phone or anything, and it had no exterior damage. My mother suggested calling Apple tech support. She said they had always treated her fairly in the past and were very helpful and kind. So, I called and the Apple worker was very pleasant, but, unfortunately, he was unable to solve the problem over the phone and said I needed to go to an Apple Store to get hands on help. I made an appointment for a few days later and went in expecting a solution.

After waiting several hours to even speak to an Apple tech support employee, they took my phone and said they needed a few hours and $60 to fix it. I was slightly bothered I had to pay for a device malfunction that was not at all my fault, but at that point, I just wanted my phone to be fixed. I came back several hours later, and to my dismay, they told me they could not fix the camera, and the only solution was for me to buy a $300 new iPhone 6. I only payed $200 for my current iPhone 6, and now they want me to pay even more for a new iPhone because they were unable to solve a problem with their own hardware. I continue buying Apple products because I have always trusted the company and appreciated their product support, but I am now considering trying a new company. I in no way blame the genius bar employees I encountered; they were all nice and seemingly helpful, but I am extremely disappointed in the company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Extremely poor service... Genius Bar Trafford Center won't entertain any loyalty or customer care and will behave like king of the Market. I waited whole day during Xmas and New Year at Apple store to replace my handset battery. End of the day they rejected the battery replacement. They will do anything for not to get the handset working to enforce customer to buy a new model and spend £££. My handset is in absolutely mint condition apart from battery but Apple wont' replace it and declined it fully and have said no support or help will be provided. i have no option apart from throwing my handset in the bin. Too much monopoly on the market and won't do the basic customer care.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I visited the Apple Store in Manhattan to check my iPad as the touch screen was not responding. I was told a complete restore can be done but will have to wipe the hard drive. I told her that I have a lot of pictures stored. I was told that it will cost $4000.00. Before I can decide and I keep asking questions she already wipe my hard drive. Then told me that the reinstall did not work and it will cost $249.00 to get a new one. No consideration.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

In my most unfortunate moment, I decided to upgrade my iPhone 6 plus to iPhone 8 plus, by buying the phone and paying in full from Apple. What followed was unmitigated disaster of unimaginable proportions. Went to Apple store on 26 Dec, to buy the iPhone 8 plus with trade in, my cell phone carrier is Sprint. The Apple sales rep, inspects my phone (6 plus) and confirms the trade in value of $200. Since my phone (6 plus) was not backed up, I bought the iPhone 8 plus, so that I can take it home and activate it later.

On 31 Dec, I finished backing up the phone and transferred the old sim to new phone, the phone won't register in the Sprint network. I was on phone with Sprint Support, it turns out that I need a new SIM, EVEN if I am using the same number. I had to run around 4 times between Apple Store and Sprint Store, along with my helpful wife, to get the phone activated. a. For checking with Apple tech about the SIM. b. For the Sprint rep, for him to tell us that Apple needs to issue a new SIM to be activated on Sprint network. c. Go back to Apple store to get the SIM issued. d. Back to Sprint store to get the phone activated. I thought the my worst dream of runaround between the fruit company and cell phone carrier was over, turns out I was horribly wrong, the worse was yet to come.

Once the new phone was activated on Sprint network, all there was to do was trade in the old phone. The tech named Charlie, looks/inspects at the phone and says "Since it was repaired by the 3rd party for the screen, we can't trade in this phone. This is as per the Apple policy". We got his manager, he parrotted the same lines, mind you, this is after we bought the new phone AFTER confirming with Apple rep about the trade in.

If this seems like Ponzi scheme or click-bait, the trillion dollar fruit company is not far too away from running it. More glorious was yet to come, when the Apple manager went on doing us a 'favor' to take the phone for $50 trade in value. This was most disingenuous and disrespectful way of them treating the customer and taking him/her for a ride. We just stormed out of the Apple store. We followed up with calling the 1-800-MY-APPLE, to confirm the above policy and point us to the trade-in policy on the website which states that about the 3rd party repaired phones being ineligible for the trade in. The customer representative searched while I was on hold and promised to get back to me by email, as soon as she finds it. Suffice to say, I am yet to hear back from Apple.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have been on the phone with Apple for TWO WEEKS trying to get my phone fixed and have sent my phone off TWICE to be fixed or replaced. NEITHER one has happened. They kept sending my phone back saying they was unable to do my repair request. It was freezing dropping calls making ghost touches. It was a horrible horrible experience! I would recommend just going to the store because the technical support is a complete joke. And by the way I’ve YET TO GET MY DECOVE FIXED EVEN THO ITS STILL UNDER WARRANTY!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We purchased a new MacBook Pro in 9/18 for my daughter. She was having numerous issues with the computer with flickering screens, loud fans, computer freezing from the start. We were unable to bring the computer in for evaluation until 12/18 because she was away at college. Computer was sent to Apple and needed Logic board, the display, Touch ID board and both fans replaced. Obviously this was a defective computer from the start. We called Apple to make sure that the components that were replaced would have a one year warranty from the date they were replaced. The person who identified himself as a manager for technical service just kept repeating himself and stating that he cannot change the purchase date and that the computer is only warrantied from the date of purchase.

We obviously received a lemon but would need to pay $249 if we wanted to extend the warranty. How does this make any sense? If the screen failed the day before the 1 year warranty was up and was replaced but then broke 3 months later, you would need to pay for it. Meanwhile the screen would have only lasted 3 months. They should warranty their parts for a full year. Instead, they put cheap parts in their expensive computers and try to rope you into paying even more with their extended warranty. Their quality has gotten progressively worse and customer service is nonexistent.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My son bought a sim card for his phone while traveling aboard. Downloaded my iCloud - phone was only used to call friends in Europe. Came home. phone broke while in Europe. Apple store here fixed the phone in July here in California, but kept that sim card. Come October. my phone is black...cannot turn on or anything. Spend 2 hours on the phone. They say go to a store. spend 3 hours there, it was the phone/Apple issue...so I get a brand new phone…try to get to iCloud, but the "trusted phone number" is the European number that is no longer being used.

But Ok...I have the number AND the PASSWORD because it is mine! Yet here we are December 18th no resolution, keep getting kicked out of account recovery and I am not exaggerating when I say that I have spent well over 40 hours of my time with Apple and to no resolution. So last conversation. "ok getting with an engineer (which they have said multiple times now) and will get back to you." 25 days later. NADA. I call daily and email to no avail. All I want is MY Pictures, not the apps or music I clearly paid for, just MY pictures. THEY ARE HORRIBLE beyond! It has been 3 months - with 5 different techs

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have spent more than 6 hours with Tech support trying to resolve an issue. They say they will call back and no return calls. They teach the reps to say "This is a very busy time of the year". Well maybe they need to realize it is a very busy time of the year for customers too. It is obvious they have reduced the quality of their tech support. Called 2xs and the phone was cut off after 1 hour 15 min. No follow-up on complaints to Apple. They just want to make money off of consumers. Don't purchase more Apple products since customer service support is no longer available. Our time is not valued by this customer since we are putting on hold and not provided quality service. Very sad since they make enough profit so they should be able to provide support.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have an iPhone 7 which is presenting a problem. My phone is not receiving or sending calls. It does not have service. I have iPhones with Sprint. Sprint told me that some iPhone 7 came with defects from factory. That Apple will replace the phone at no cost for customers. When I went to the Garden State Mall in Paramus to the Apple Store, the customer representative told me that they will review my phone in two and a half hours after admitting that many iPhone 7 phones have the same problem as mine. I said that Sprint told me that the replacement must be done, since it is Apple's fault. Immediately, the person taking care of my problem started yelling at me saying that I have to abandon the store.

Also many employee harassed me by telling that they will called security and the police if I do not abandon the store. The manager, a young woman yelled. I have never been treated without any grain of humanity in any store as I and my family (that includes a young autistic boy) was treated at the Apple store in Paramus New Jersey. I planning to switch to another type of phone, since I prefer to have less quality and more reason when I spent my money.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have iPhone X and photos from my camera were coming hazy. I went to meet Apple Store at Burlingame. After comparing with other iPhone X I was able to prove the problem so they replaced my camera. I was asked to go home and reset my phone to factory and take some pictures. My phone was in Warranty so they told they will replace my phone if things don't improve.

I clicked multiple pictures over a week from my phone and also from another iPhone X to compare the difference. Made sure settings on both phones were same. The pictures were still hazy. After waiting for my appointment for 3 hours, a technician meets me. He says the diagnostics seem to be correct so he needs to confirm from another technician. This new technician's name was Austin. He came to us and saw the pics and the first thing he said was, "The photos from other iPhone X were edited and there is nothing wrong with your phone."

We asked him to open camera for another iPhone X and mine and compare. He opens and even if the difference was clearly evident he said he could not see anything. All the colors of my phone were weak. I told him the entire story that this is not the first time I am getting the phone checked. He just told us he does not believe us and cannot do anything. He even told us maybe we don't know how to click pictures. He even told me I don't know the meaning of HDR and may be just one phone HDR was enabled etc etc.

I had to call his manager and finally he helped. I feel so sad this happened. I don't expect Apple technicians to be rude. I have bought multiple iPhones from that store including iWatches. The entire time I was in store, I was just trying to prove that I am not here for just a new phone. In fact, it was more like I am not lying that I have not edited the photos.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Have an iPhone 7 which started dropping service. Was told that certain 7's had been recalled for this problem, and we took it to local Apple store for repair. A week later we were informed that we would be charged $300+ for this repair. Visiting the store to clarify, the manager told me there had been no recall on any phones and that I would have to call customer service. Customer service confirmed that there WAS a recall on that phone, but because of a "moisture indicator" inside the phone, the warranty was voided and they would charge for repairs. This repair had nothing to do with moisture -- it was due to the glitch that the recall was supposed to address. After being lied to by the store manager, I was adamant that they should repair the phone per the recall.

So now, two weeks later... I'm stuck with a non-functional phone and am weighing paying the $300 to get it working. I have informed Apple that I currently have an iMac, an iPad and two iPhones in my family, and that I would never purchase another Apple product due to their lousy customer service. But guess what... multi-billion dollar company Apple doesn't really care.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

It takes multiple steps to reach a technical support person; there is no direct access. I had to repeat my story to 6 different technicians although I was told that notes were taken by each of them. My issue is still unresolved and all I get is phone coaching to remove and restore software on the iPhone or iPad without any resolution yet to my issue! ITEXTING is screwed up and is messing up my messaging. APPLE better improve its support.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Trying to comunícate with Apple customer service was a nightmare, first no phone number provide it, second after I got contact with customer service they schedule a call, but never call back. Then in accordance to the person who was in the chat as a customer said that my refund will take around 30 days, has not respects for customers, all my phone are Apple but as soon as I pay then I will switch to Microsoft.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Your phone has been treated by third party. I don't know if this advice seems dumb to some of you. But it definitely doesn't come up when it should. My phone can't be charged or power on out of nothing. So I went to Genius Bar and the guy told me to get a new one, regardless how I begged him and emphasized that I need my photos and data on my phone. He completely shut me down of any possibility of it getting fixed. When I called the support hotline the specialist then told me that it is just that APPLE IS NOT WILLING TO FIX MY PHONE because my phone's screen was changed by a third party.

Okay, regardless of how I found this policy to be disappointing. I only hope that Apple can tell me earlier!!! Please put it on your website in normal size character AND before I made the appointment to you! Or at least let you guys in the Genius Bar tell me that I have a chance in 3rd party store! This is such a waste of my time and emotion. He just told me to get a new phone and he was "doing his best". And I have 4,000 photos of my life in it. SO DISAPPOINTING.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have supported Apple's product for years. But recently had a very bad experience with Apple tech service. Called Apple service for a faulty iPhone, spent more than 2 and half hours on the phone. Their staffs don't seems to know the details of the options for customers. Went through the same questions over and over again for an replacement. And their senior customer service manager Ishrat ** was even worse, had an attitude problem and refuse to hand the case to another team member to handle. Really disappointed with Apple's service!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I had an iPhone 6 for 15 months then it started operating extremely slowly, so I visited the Apple Service at the Apple Store. They informed me that the issue was the battery but they could not replace the battery because the phone was bent. What company would design, build and sell a phone that bends under normal wear and tear. So instead they sold us a new iPhone 6 for $350. This phone lasted 9 months before it will not longer read a SIM card, so I visited the Apple Service at the Apple Store. There is not a scratch on the phone or any water damage. All functionality works except it will not read a SIM card. They informed me that there is nothing they can do to repair it and since I got it from the Apple Service and the Apple Store, it has only a 3 month warranty. So now I am without a phone and am going to buy a Samsung. I will never buy another Apple product!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Apple Customer Support & Senior Advisors could care less about your problems with their products &/or Apple ID problems. My Apple ID was hacked in 2016 & was never resolved. I wasted so much time on the phone with them resulting to nothing. They are a complete joke! I purchased a new iPhone XS Max a month ago. Now wishing I would have never purchased it! I'm not receiving my texts, phone calls, not able to send texts or call out. Was on the phone several times with my cellphone provider only to finally come to the conclusion that they had to transfer me to Apple because Apple is aware of this data problem. I ended up speaking with at least 6 different people, 4 of them being Senior Advisors. I was hung up on once & not called back, told they would call back at a certain time & did not call back.

Called back by a different person & not the advisor that said he would call back only to be told that they would replace my phone but only to their convenience, finally got back in touch with a Senior Advisor I had previously spoke to & was told that my phone is now working properly so a new phone would not be an option anymore when I just got done telling him that my phone was not receiving text messages again until I restarted it AGAIN! I had already gone through resetting it twice!!! I should have learned my lesson in 2016 to be done with Apple. Period! Worst Customer Support Ever! I can't believe Apple can get away with the way they have/have not handled things. I will NEVER purchase an Apple Product again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

My part of the problem is not taking in the computer to be repaired at the given time-which I notified Apple because of my exams in school I had to reschedule appointment because the repair parts were sent back to someplace or used. Problem is I came in the morning and spoke with Ernesto and we arranged that I would bring the computer back to the store that evening and pick up on Tuesday some 6 days later. I bought a hard drive from Apple, backed up anything that I wasn't able to at home, and also bought a new power cord. I came back that evening. I waited 45 minutes for Ernesto to finish with a customer, he left, never came back. I sat for another 20 minutes before I realized he wasn't coming back.

A new associate tries to process the repair and informs that it would be 12 days and that Ernesto never put in an order for the parts that were sent back. To just leave after you see me waiting, to improperly process my repair was bad customer service not to mention the time it took to get there and yeah, the time I could have spent studying. I feel like the floor staff have a cheeky matter of fact way of saying too bad which makes me not want to buy from them so I don't have to deal with them and the repair headaches I've had over the years with very expensive devices that don't work.

If I had it to do over, I would stick with PC or pen and paper lol! Save your money and don't fall for the expensive shiny pretty stuff whose updates mean you have to constantly buy buy buy something like a new headphone or power adapter just to use the product, plus with poor customer service and their unresponsiveness to complaints, slick staff that say a lot of nothing. See photo.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I am furious with the way a recent issue with my Apple iPhone has been handled. A little over 3 weeks ago my phone started saying “No Service” in the top left corner and I could not make calls or do anything else on my phone except use the internet while on WiFi. I did some research and found that this was a known issue with certain models of the iPhone 7. After chatting with Apple on their support page for over 2 hours, it was clear that the only way they were willing to handle this was for me to drive over an hour and a half to the nearest Authorized Apple provider. After driving to the location and being there for over an hour, I gave them my phone and they gave me a 16 GB loaner phone that was not anywhere near compatible with the amount of storage I actually need. They then told me my phone would be back in their store within 3-5 days.

Finally yesterday (on the 7th day) at 4:45 (15 minutes before they closed) I received a call informing me that my phone couldn’t be repaired or replaced due to a third party screen being on the phone. I had that screen put on my phone over a year ago and have not had any issues since. I called the corporate office and spoke to a man named Brad who claimed to be the senior adviser (however I have read on many articles and reviews that these Apple advisors are trained to tell customers they are the supervisor when they really aren’t) and I have a feeling that is what happened when I called. He was not willing to help in any way, shape or form. He claimed he was looking for an “exception” but said that nothing he could find could be used. I’m pretty sure he sat there and twiddled his thumbs for the 10 minutes he claimed to be looking.

He told me that because the screen is a third party screen that the phone is treated in the same way as if the screen was cracked or broken. I told him that Apple makes it almost impossible to keep their products and services on the phone when the closest location to me is over an hour away. And when I tried to make an appointment, the nearest appt was 4 days out and was told that if I did a “walk in,” I would wait over 4 hours to be waited on. Also if this is such an issue, why wasn’t I asked from the BEGINNING if I had had any screen repairs or service from somewhere other than Apple. Also, in the article explaining which phones qualify and which ones don’t for the “No Service” issue on Apple’s direct website, there is NOTHING about any prior screen repair.

I now have to drive back an hour and a half to take back this loaner phone and I have one of two options... Have them give me back my broken phone OR pay $159 for Apple to replace the screen and then repair or replace my phone. I have not been able to properly use my phone for over 3 weeks due to this issue. And have not been able to use any of my apps for over 3 weeks that I pay monthly for due to this issue and being given a loaner phone that has nowhere near the amount of storage I usually have. The loaner was supposed to be 3-5 days and we are now on day 8. I am disgusted by the way this has been handled and am strongly considering purchasing a phone outside of Apple. Why give more money to a company who is not willing to help when the issue is clearly on their end but instead make every excuse in the book why it’s not their issue? Very unsatisfied and highly upset.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I will keep my harrowing and frustrating experience with this company called Assurant short as I can. I was in Santa Cruz, CA with my 7 year old and went for dinner at a restaurant. My son wanted to go pee badly so I quickly got up from the table and without realizing till too late, left my phone on the table. Came back and the phone was gone. Asked the waitresses but they had no clue. This is where my saga begins!

I immediately went to the Apple store in Oakridge Mall in San Jose, CA in a panic to report my phone lost and was told by the Apple store manager lady that I should open up a claim with Assurant immediately as she did not know how the claim works since the system is too new and upon reading the papers from Apple’s website she is making this suggestion - so I did just this. Till this minute I am wondering and am astonished that Apple, yes APPLE could be using such a fraudulent company!!!

I was told on buying AppleCare + Theft and Loss by APPLE that this would be a next day replacement service and today is the 8th day ending and my claim is still under a 3-5 day review!!! They use delaying tactics (legally). It’s quite simple actually. They will call you after the 3-5 day review period and ask you for more documentation then say it is again under review for 3-5 days. I have submitted THE SAME documentation multiple times, uploaded on their website and via email, called them and still the review begins whenever a new document is submitted!

Calling daily two or three times and spending hours on the phone, I am told various lies and stories from: delays are from Apple to my documents are insufficient or simply that everything is correct but wait for 3-5 days mandatory review as I made a submission yesterday which they asked for!!! Everyone gives a conflicting story so their notes are not even in order!

PLEASE do not waste your time with them. They will just give you a run-around and again I am amazed that APPLE would take their reputation at stake and down the drain with fraudulent vendors like Assurant! I wish I had read their 1 star reviews here and various other places first and not trusted APPLECARE or APPLE for this reason!

What good is an insurance when they do not come through when you need them? There HAS to be some body of government who can help consumers in bringing fraudulent companies to justice in my country otherwise we will be forced to turn and be run like third-world countries! What I have written in this complaint is EXACTLY what I have told them and have proof and will stand behind it.

I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BEG of whoever reads this and has had any relatives or friends or themselves who has had a legit claim on AppleCare or Assurant and have had an experience I am having, I am willing to start a class-action lawsuit against Apple (for using Assurant) and a case against Assurant itself; and if any lawyer is interested please contact me immediately if I soon enough do not find a lawyer to follow-up on this as my job and life in general has been severely affected by this entire ordeal.

I will also post this same complaint against Apple wherever I can including The Insurance Regulatory Bureaus, The California Attorney General’s office and the Governor of California’s office where I will personally file a complaint as I paid the insurance premium through Apple’s iTunes. I will go to any lengths I have to in order to expose this fraud these companies are committing by taking advantage of common people via this organized corporate crime.

Thanks for reading and please do not waste your time and energy trusting companies like Assurant and Apple and do help in exposing the true colors of these giant companies so they can be also held responsible and accountable for their actions negatively affecting people’s lives. AppleCare + Theft and Loss. Claim number with Assurant: **. Case number with Assurant: **. My Phone number: **. Thanks in advance.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

The battery in my iPhone 7 was going from 100% to less than 20% in about five hours with very minimal use. I booked it in at Apple for a battery replacement in store. The person that saw me ran some diagnostics and told me the battery was charging to 90% capacity so there wasn’t anything wrong with it. They suggested I start to use Safari instead of the Google app. I had to be really firm with the person, trying to explain that this had started happening a few weeks ago and of course the battery was at fault. Eventually he agreed to change the battery (under the £25 battery replacement scheme Apple is running till December). They changed the battery and guess what? My phone is absolutely fine again and at the end of the day it’s around 60-70%. Really annoying that they tried to palm me off with a ridiculous story.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Expensive products and horrible service policies: I went to the Apple store, Upper WestSide, NYC, to have my battery looked at. I had an appointment and after waiting 90 min (because I knew they sometimes ran behind), I asked when I was up. I was told I had been canceled. No phone call/text/email. Nothing. They just canceled me.

The next day I called to have the battery replaced and wanted to walk in because I was leaving the following day for a 4-day conference. But I didn’t want to travel 1 hour each way if they could not fit me in or if they didn’t have the part for a Macbook 2014. They would not tell me whether they had the part and said I had to travel and ask IN PERSON. Sure enough, no battery in stock. They would have to order and let me know the following week when to come in. 2 hours traveling completely wasted (plus cost).

I asked for some kind of compensation. They keep jerking me around. Jeff on the national team says I have to speak with the store manager. Bill, Senior Advisor at the store, says manager is busy and will have to call me. Same story next day with Kay, then day after with Nusrat. All very nice, all worthless. No more Apple products for me. They can shove the ones that finally die you know where. I’ll go with Droid and other laptops, etc., from now on.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have been visiting in person as well calling Apple customer services for past 10 weeks to sort out an issue with iPhone 7 which is under Apple Care. Telephone support have no idea what the store does and store has no idea what complaints were registered with customer services yet they all Proudly represent Apple. Pathetic in this day and age especially when you are given a case ID so anyone dealing with your query can straightaway get to the issue. However, in my case the issue was poor quality of voice calls made or received from my phone.

Despite spending hours on phone and in waiting queues in person in Apple store, I am still without a solution to my device. Dozens of staff on shop floor happy to sell you these items but none able to help when things go wrong. Staff love to waste time and just happy plodding along rather proactively dealing with the issue with genuine desire to help customers. Absolutely Disgraceful and worst ever customer Service on offer.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

About three weeks ago, my mother told me that she could not remember her password for her older 5s. I went through the procedure of getting it reset. I got the email telling us that we would receive a message from Apple to reset the password. After the time period no message was ever sent. Fast forward to 10/26. Her iPhone updated the IOS and now we need the pw to set up the phone. And of course no pw, so it is basically a brick. I called Apple and spoke to a so called customer service agent. Her best advice was to go through the whole process again, which will not be sent until November 4, 2018 to get any phone call that most likely will not happen again. So for 10 days she was to pay for a service she cannot use. Apple has become a horrible company. And I will be switching her and myself to an Android. No more iPads, desktops, laptops or phones from Apple. Anything has to be better than their overpriced gadgets.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Let me start on a note, Apple stores, and the technical experience is in question. Simple question... Can anyone in Apple, iTunes, or the entire iOS community explain one simple question? Why is there no way to restore or reset the encrypted password for a backup? The are many ways to create two-three step procedures and questions to authenticate you are indeed the owner. Why does Apple just apologize and continue to read from the playbook.

I had a phone issue, backed it up and went to the Apple Dealer to service the unit, they broke the phone and replaced it, then I was asked if it was recently backed up, I stated last night, so the technician proceed to set it to factory settings. At home, I went through the simple setup procedures, and then it happened, backup password was incorrect, though it has never been changed and written down. Again back to the question, why was this overlooked, how come support is not equipped with the proper methods on assisting recovery? If I can't get this back I will have lost MANY years' work and contacts, Help, there has to be a way! Next resort Android... after a decade or more with Apple.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

A couple of weeks ago, I started to notice my iPhone 8 receiver does not have any sound when I make a phone call. I have to go to speaker phone mode. I went to the Apple Store and they determined it is hardware issue and suggested to replace the screen. Since the phone is still under the 2 year warranty, the screen replacement is free. When I went I went back to pick up the phone, they said they have detected moisture in my iPhone 8. Therefore, they will not be able to replace the screen and offer me a replacement iPhone 8 for $99.

My iPhone 8 is about a year old. I have been very careful with the phone and I have never dropped it into the water or spilled any water on the phone. Given that iPhone 8 is supposed to be WATER RESISTANT, I don't see how it can be so easily have moisture inside the phone. I would like to see if others have similar issue. I have been using iPhone since iPhone 3S. This is not the type of product quality nor the excuses I expect from Apple.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I bought a watch on eBay, listed as not locked. However, it was locked, maybe even stolen. I called Apple support, asked if they would contact the account owner associated with it, and ask if him if it was stolen from him. They refused, even though Apple clearly has the means. The watch displays the account information of the registered owner when I try to sync it with my phone. Seemingly, this would be the purpose of locking the product, so that if someone tries to register it who has stolen it, they can be tracked and the product can be returned to its rightful owner.

Apple doesn’t lock their products to protect us, but instead to disable watches and force new sales. To me, I feel deceived, because I trusted Apple was doing the locking to HELP us. Instead, it is nothing more than a ploy to force new phone sales. There seemingly are two most probable explanations: 1) The product actually is stolen. 2) The person selling the product accidentally forgot or doesn't know how to unlock the product. For either reason, reaching out to the registered owner and asking if their product has been stolen, seemingly would be a PRODUCTIVE response.

Apple support outright refused to do this, even after transferring 2 times to a higher level supervisor. More outrageous, they lied to me and told me they are not allowed to send out eMails to registered owners. I then insisted they read the Terms of Agreement, which specifically addresses how they are allowed to send out an eMail for exactly such purpose. After insisting they read the Terms, the 3rd person I supervisor I was transferred to refused repeatedly. Apple is not an honest company to do business with, This is not the only example where they force sales when not needed. There are several examples of this duplicate deception that are inherently built into their business model. Apple, you are DISHONEST!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I made an appointment at the "Genius Bar" (Oxymoron) because my 89-year-old mother's iPad was not charging. I have no complaints about employees who are so friendly. The system reminds me of Subway, where one person takes your order and passes you off to the next person. My appointment was at 12:40 and I was finally approached at 1:00 (20 minutes late). They act like they are heart surgeons and there is a vital need for their services. They may know their product, but they are by no means geniuses as far as customer service goes.

According to the person who spoke with me, my mother's two-year-old iPad port will not charge due to someone "aggressively" inserting and removing the charger. The suggestion was to replace it for $325. or buy a new one. What a rip off! She suggested I might go to a third party repair place, "But I don't suggest that" because her suggestion was to buy a brand new iPad. My 89-year-old mother CANNOT afford one. She used it to enjoy pictures on photostreams of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren - SHAME ON YOU APPLE!!! We will be desperate before we buy another product from you.

Apple Tech Support Company Information