Apple Tech Support

Apple Tech Support

3.0/5 (69 ratings)

About Apple Tech Support

Apple Tech Support Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Tech Support?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

Tried to download the MLB app on my iPhone in order to get my Padres playoff tickets. Unable to login with my Apple ID, tried to reset password. Then I was locked out for 11 days, wtf? Called Apple, on hold for 20 minutes. Finally got a live person, no help. Escalated to a manager, she told me security was up to the user, she couldn’t unlock account. Still can’t get my $500 playoff tickets, no customer service. APPLE YOU SUCK.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I sent a pair of Apple Air Pods in for repair. The problem was strange sound coming from one of the pods. They allegedly fixed the problem and ran a series of quality control tests. When I received the Air Pods they didn't work at all. Tested on 2 iPhones, 1 iPad, Mac, and PC. Nothing. I call back to have the Air Pods returned again. I hear nothing and received no box for days so I call back. I went through 3 support technicians (even had a scheduled call back that never happened) before the last one tells me that they are all out of return boxes for that device. I spent well over an hour on the phone so one of the biggest multi-national companies in the world could tell me they ran out of boxes. Unbelievably poor customer service.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

*** Never ever buy Apple products ***. Very bad customer service, very rude and unprofessional staff. Apple Store support workers and managers treat customers like **. They are not there to fix problems but to create problems to the customers, they are trouble makers, dishonest and unprofessional specially when it comes to saving your data or run diagnostics!!!! They do not know what the hell they are doing, it is trial and error, in this trials your data can be deleted, your phone can be destroyed!!!! And, the worst Apple Store in Canada is the one in Rideau center in Ottawa: very rude management and staff and totally unprofessional. Tech support and complaint phone numbers are non-responsive. Line connected to a piece of ** virtual answering system!!!! Trashy company!!!!

Original review: July 26, 2022

My 9-month old iWatch Series 6 (GPS and Cellular) suddenly went dark. It still “worked” I would get notifications and alarms, etc. - but there was no display at all. I took it to the local Apple Store where the tech verified my issue, went through the steps to turn off the Activation Lock, then sent it in to Apple Repair. Apple Repair sent it back without even looking at it because they said the Activation Lock was still enabled - but didn’t tell me how to disable it or what to do with it after I did! I called support and the woman walked me through the exact same steps I’d already done at the Apple Store then was at a loss and had to escalate it to a senior tech. 35 minutes later I got the Activation Lock removed. Mind you, it was all done on my phone so my watch didn’t need to be returned to me except as punishment!

I sent the watch back for repair and was told there was a puncture in my microphone mesh which voided my warranty so I’d have to pay $399.00 to fix it. I said I don’t know how the microphone was damaged but that had nothing to do with my display not working so could they just fix that?? Nope. The “accidental damage” to the microphone voided the warranty so it was $399.00 or nothing would be done. I refused to pay another $400 for a watch that cost $600 originally and was less than a year old - so they sent it back to me broken.

I tried taking it to a 3rd party retailer for repair but they said they’d have to send it to the same Apple warehouse for repair… and in fact, now that I’d turned down their original offer, it’d cost an additional $100 for a “diagnostic fee” and it’d be $499. Wow. My lifestyle is not one that’d cause “accidental damage” to an internal piece so I believe it was a trick to claim my warranty was voided and be able to charge me for repairs on a faulty device!

Original review: May 11, 2022

I bought a product with 7day complimentary support. It turns out those 7 days start when you order and so ends days before you receive the product. I posted it in Apple community but Apple removed it.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I had the pleasure of being assisted by Cynthia from the Apple Support Center ref #(**). I honestly have been trying to fix my iPhone for well over a year. Storage full. Constantly Deleting pictures and refining what apps I chose to utilize. I accidentally came across the Apple support app to download to my phone it was the best thing that ever happened! Thanks to Cynthia! Out of 32 GB I was at 31.7.

Cynthia took the most mild approach to helping me navigate to pretty low risk possible solutions prior to working our way up through everything. The way she takes time to be patient, kind, polite, understanding, and very easy to understand. I was able to have the liberty of making my own decision on how to move forward towards a solution. I only have my cell phone so she had to explain each step before I hung up and followed what I thought was best/ backup and restore. Hallelujah half of my storage is now freed up! Not only what all I’ve just shared, but... Let me just tell you that Cynthia is one of my most impactful customer service support staff that I’ve talked to in a very long time! She definitely lets you know you are important! Apple you are very lucky to have her! Thank you all! For all you do!!!

Original review: March 9, 2022

Apple did a Mac OS update that forced APFS formatting on hard drives without user permission, corrupting them. If they were formatted to OS Journaled, the update corrupts the drives, and you must take them to a professional to recover the information. Apple tech support cannot assist, and the company is not taking responsibility for its actions. I don't know what it will cost to salvage the information on my hard drives. I believe that Apple should answer to customers and support them. I hope for a resolution. I hope to see updates on Mac OS that will fix these problems. I hope that Apple works towards a better customer experience.

I have also had issues with cloud services being forced upon me and am afraid to cancel them for fear of losing more information. Sadly, if they write software to disable external hard drives, everyone will be forced to pay for cloud services. Somebody should step in and get them under control. They are too big, intelligent, and have too much money behind them. I wish that I never got involved with their ecosystem, although I feel that there may be problems with other services, just different. Unfortunately, I understand why all my friends who use PCs strongly encouraged me never to purchase an Apple product.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Apple sent me an additional computer (that I did not want) and charged me for it. Which caused me to be out of $1200 for weeks and Apple did not care. They also sent the product earlier than they had told me and so it was sitting out in the cold for hours.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I recently took my M1 MacMini in for a service (logic board replacement to be precise) at Apple Store Icon Siam. The whole experience was horrible, to say the least. I'm on the phone with Apple for over 10 hours (including Apple Care+ issues) as well as 4 trips to Apple store Icon siam. Apple Store itself couldn't be reached by phone number whatsoever (more than 30 minutes of waiting time). Upon receiving the Mac, the technician informed me that the I/O wall had to be replaced and the parts will arrive within 7-14 days which required me to return to the Apple store at least 2 more times. I don't know why but apple seems to hire an unqualified technician who didn't thoroughly inspect the product.  Apple thinks it's a joke to make their customer wait over 10 hours for the phone call and take as many trips as possible to the Apple store.

There's a problem with Apple Care+ for M1 Mac mini. I recently purchase Apple Care + for my M1 Mac mini through Apple Support App on iPhone, I called them over 8 times with a minimum of 30 minutes each time to ask for a tax invoice on my company name, not my personal name and Apple online store Thailand just didn't get my request, they keep sending me the SAME OLD Tax INVOICE which I couldn't use. I recently got off a phone with the Apple Store Singaporean team and he informed me that there's nothing he can do, Apple wouldn't agree to modify my tax invoice even though it wasn't my fault. I guess Apple's standard has decreased dramatically!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I sent my iPhone Pro 11 in to have the screen repaired after dropping it in my driveway. It was in an Otterbox, but the screen cracked. I used it for 2 months that way prior to sending it in because of delays in screen availability. After agreeing to repair charge I sent it in, I received an email saying the cost of repair had doubled because the logic board had tested bad and did I want to proceed. The cost of repair was not over $650 so I said no, please ship it back.

The phone was returned and I decided to take it to another repair center, the logic board was good and they determined that the only repair needed was the screen, unfortunately, Apple returned it to me without the screws, protective plates for the ribbon cables, and something else to do with holding the camera in place. Contacted apple to complain and they said they will have to open a case and get back to me because they don't have a procedure for handling that. TERRIBLE service. Plus I found out most Apple repair techs are pushing replacements instead of repairs. I feel like I've been scammed, it was a $1000 phone!

Apple Tech Support Company Information