1.24/5

412 Apple Tech Support Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I wish I’d caught the lady's name. But I’ll tell ya what. She was such a nice woman and so nice to talk to. I think we spoke for 3 minutes about issues I called about. Got that ironed out then talked for like 45 minutes as if we knew each other. She’s from Minnesota and lives in Bozeman now. I hope the company knows who I’m talkin about. She was so nice and great to deal with. Always been a Apple fan but this made me more of a fan. And your customer service was awesome. Thanks again for being for the people and thank you for hiring good people! God bless y’all! And thank you again ma’am for being so kind!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Two times last week I had to call and chat with Apple and they were so nice to me. They also fix both my problems that I had one was connecting to the internet on my iPad and the other was doing a factory reset on my iPad because I forgot the passcode. There wasn’t really anything I could do without my computer. So I think these guys are wonderful at helping people.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2018

So I had to call tech support after a couple months of my Apple ID acting super wonky. First I couldn't get into certain apps, then my phone started getting caught in authentication loops, and finally, I couldn't set up a new device but thankfully Tech Support saved me from all that! I spent an hour or so on the phone with them, and all my issues were resolved as weird, buggy and not as straightforward as they were. The technician, Mike, was phenomenal. He was concise, kind, knowledgeable, patient but also driven to solve the issue. I didn't feel rushed but I also didn't feel like I was being taken in pointless circles.

In the natural downtime that happens during restarts, etc we had an awesome conversation and he talked to me about some features and products I was interested in as well as how to properly use elements of my accounts I was confused by. All around it was a great experience, not sure why the score is so low, I've had good experiences in the past as well but this one was certainly a gold star. Thanks, Mike! My tech is finally feeling talking to each other and little things in my everyday have been improved by it.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I'm frequently connected with "tech" personnel that are not even slightly familiar with Apple products - that is, after I wait a long time for them to even answer the phone. I get the impression that most of them are just using Google to attempt to look up info. Just another cash grab by scummy Apple.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have AppleCare+ lost and I got my phone stolen and Apple insurance company doesn’t want to replace my phone because Find my iPhone wasn’t turned on. However it was on but two days before my phone was stolen I called Apple support and they are the ones who told me to turn it off. The person who stole my phone was able to get the phone replaced under my insurance!! Apple customer relations are the worst at calling you back and they have not been helpful at all this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: May 11, 2019

I have an iPhone that I downloaded an app in October for the free trial. Well I didn’t like the app and thought I unsubscribed. Well come January 27 I was charged 41.99. I sent a message requesting a refund. The response was NO just because you thought you did it right you didn’t and we aren’t refunding your money.... By the end I figured whatever I am not going to get my money back as long as that was the only time fine! Well NOPE they charged me again. When I call to ask why the first girl Savannah was cool but her supervisor Phil is a complete tool. He saw my emails and that I clearly thought I did everything right in my end but he still says too bad no refunding. Seriously WTF? $85 and I have never one time used this app???? This is how Apple treats their customers? I am going to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I run into a problem about system installation. I called the customer service. I didn't catch her name. But she is so impatient. I stated my problem several times. She kept saying she couldn't understand me and she couldn't give advice. And she cut me off at the end. I called again, another lady answered my phone and helped to solve the problem. I stated my problem similarly. I don't why the first one couldn't understand me. I guess she just has no idea how to solve the problem. Please hire someone qualified.

Original review: April 22, 2019

APPLE takes it upon themselves for any purchase you make for a service that will be billed through your iTunes, and adds an auto-renewal to continue to charge you and without advance notice until you get the email you will be charged at which point they say it is too late, you had to write to them 24-hours prior to the email. I asked APPLE to issue a refund for their corrupt auto-renewal of an app that I only choose 1 month on the app. Especially when I disabled the app, am not using it, and my new month charge is pending which I do not agree to, this is very poor business practice if not illegal. I did NOT choose anything but 1 month from the app in question. Apple decided to make my purchased auto-renewed. They say they send out an email but I do not have them and I do have the one when it's too late for them to provide support. They could issue a refund here but they choose to scam me, and you.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I purchased an iPhone 7, model A1660, last year for my daughter. In Sept. 2018 the phone asked for a Cellular Carrier Update. At that time the phone stopped working unless on Wi-Fi. I called Verizon and they got in touch with Apple, who knew this was a documented problem. They sent me a replacement phone and I returned the nonworking phone, in the box they provided. A few months later the same thing happened, to the replacement phone; once again I went through the process and I was sent another phone, I returned the nonworking phone.

This past Monday, 4/15/19, the same exact thing happened again. This time they are giving me the runaround. On Monday, 4/15/19, I spoke to a lady with Verizon. She went through a series of things to try, I even downloaded an app so they could go in the back way to the phone to diagnosis it. She had me reset network setting and the phone worked for 24 hours. Verizon Rep was very helpful.

On Wednesday, 4/17/19, I contacted Verizon again because the phone stopped working again, and they set me up for a call with Apple. I spoke to this lady for 20 plus minutes, and thought they were sending a new phone, as before. That is what I understood her to tell me. I even asked her twice to make sure I would be receiving a phone.

On 4/18/19, I received a package, what I thought was a phone but when I opened the box, it had all instructions to change out the phones, a return label and all but NO PHONE. I have spent hours on the phone with Apple today. They are telling me that I have never had the phone replaced previously for this problem. I have, first time we were in Boone, NC; second time in Clemson, SC; third time in Myrtle Beach, SC. They tell me I have to return the phone first. I told them NO. That is NOT how it was handled previously.

This is the third time I have had this same issue with the same model phone, they continue to replace with the same model phone, that they know is dysfunctional. They told me I had to send my phone for them to repair/replace or decide if it was damaged and they would send the replacement back. They are already lying about it being replaced twice before so I do not trust them to be honest about their decision on replacement or repair.

THIS IS THE THIRD TIME, The THIRD LEMON of a phone. I had to give them a credit card, to place a hold on, for them to send me another phone to replace the phone they know they has issues. That is not fair. They know it is a problem. By now, they should have it fixed or replace that model phone with a different model so people do not have to go through this repeatedly. If they get my phone and conveniently decide that it has some problem they say it has... they do not refund my money.

The phone has no physical damages, no water damages, no broken screen, and has not been to a repair shop or Verizon for any work to be done on it. If there is damage, it is the same damage the phone had when they sent it to me. It is bad business to not fix an ongoing problem and I am beyond fed up. I already paid over 500.00 for this phone when I bought it originally and now they have my credit card info and have already charged me 494.00 and probably will not refund it when I send the phone back because of some lie they will develop. I am over it. I pay too much for these phones to have a nonworking phone that is in no way caused by me or my child... IT IS CAUSED BY APPLE. I would not be able to do that in my job. Why can Apple do this with their devices? I have pictures of the phone (no visible damage), the package they sent me, and its contents.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have had it with this experience. TERRIBLE. I purchased AppleCare+ when I purchased my iPhone 8+ last year. I have not had any damages or issues with my phone until this past weekend. The screen was cracked while in the OtterBox. No problem, call AppleCare and place a repair request and for 29 they replace the screen, if the damage is any further I will have to pay 99. OK, understandable. I placed a repair appointment with the nearest Apple store but due to my schedule had to cancel and set up repair to send in my phone. In order to send my phone in I have to pay the 29 plus tax = 31.03.

I had more than enough in my bank to cover this charge. IT was not processing. Called Apple, they tried MULTIPLE times to process the payment but there was an error and the repair was cancelled. Next day the charge of 31.03 reflected on my bank account as processing. The bank advised the merchant, Apple will have to address the issue. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE. Apple says Bank of America is at fault, bank says Apple is at fault. I just want my money and to be given the right answers and no more runaround!!! I cannot believe this service. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!! Cancel this charge and assist me in getting my iPhone repaired. -Nicole

Original review: April 18, 2019

Apple have just run me through the wringer for the last three days – an all-around miserable customer experience. Over the last 10 years my wife and I have equipped ourselves with a range of Apple devices, having been attracted by their ease of integration, and the simplicity of transitioning from one device to another when replacing them. But this recent experience has made me reconsider this. I just replaced a 6 year old iMac (a desktop Mac) with another, new iMac. What was supposed to be a very straightforward migration of data, applications and settings from one machine to another turned into a nightmare.

After a full day of failed migration processes followed by successive calls with Apple support staff (many of who were quick to lay all blame at my feet and couple of whom added to the aggravation by dropping their calls), finally a senior level (tier 2) Apple advisor determined after consulting with several of his colleagues that the issue stemmed from a botched warranty repair on the original iMac (replacement of the screen when it failed a few months after purchase). It turns out that the Apple repair crew had used an unorthodox work around when they put in the replacement screen. After finally identifying the problem, it was also confirmed that this work around was a ‘done-deal’ and we could not set up the new iMac with the normal migration process drawing on the data, applications and settings – either from the old iMac itself or from the backups on our Apple AirPort Time Capsule.

We then set about taking the data and applications a file at a time from the most recent Time Capsule back up – a laborious process and somewhat nerve-wracking as one is having constantly to double check you got everything and one is never quite sure. And there were numerous glitches and retracing of steps required. And for three days I had to put the rest of my agenda on hold with successive calls, screen share sessions and waits for call backs from Apple staff. There were a couple of the Apple tech support people who were particularly helpful and were also quick to recognize Apple’s part in creating these issues. But I wish I could say this of all the many Apple staff I spent time with over these three days.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Apple has deteriorated. Their customer care reps do not understand the difference between an ultimatum and "options". They do not provide "options" for the customer, only ultimatums. I have used MacBooks for a decade. In 2017 I bought a brand new MacBook. The keyboard has NEVER worked. They replaced the entire hardware, but needed to take my MacBook for a week. They extended my AppleCare for an additional year. Still, the keyboard does not work. The MacBook shuts down unexpectedly 2-3 daily. This MacBook has NEVER worked. When I went back to the store, I was told they would need to take my MacBook for an additional week. Imagine ANY OTHER product such as a car. If my car just shut off while driving, every day!! Apple customer care is smug, dismissive, and useless. Just like their products.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I recently had a litany of issues arise with my iPhone 7. Voice dialing, FaceTime, text and iMessages, and various apps all went down. In attempting to remedy these issues, it was terribly difficult to book a reservation to begin with (the company's website has taken drastic backsteps over the years). Decided in the meantime to try the service desk. The online service desk was awful and provided basic solutions that any user knows and wasted an hour of my time. Went into the store to get this sorted out and it was determined that the issue with my phone was a hardware problem.

The "Genius" informed me that this was a known issue, but one that Apple is not taking responsibility for. Therefore, I would have to pay out of my own pocket to replace my phone. This process was able to erode 12 years of brand loyalty in a few hours. I do not plan on EVER purchasing Apple products again, unless something drastic changes. The whole experience truly demonstrates the new direction of Apple, which seems to prioritize driving sales at all costs without any consideration of the customer. Extremely sad to see how far this company has fallen. We miss you Steve.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I recently logged out of my Apple ID to try and make some changes on my phone and my son's phone. When I went to change my password, it sent a two factor authorization code to my son's old phone number. I have had the same Apple ID and phone number for 20+ years. Not sure how my Apple ID got attached to my son's number. It locked me out for 3 weeks. It deleted all my calendar events I had in iCalendar. I went on and verified my credit card number associated with the account, and Apple still charged me for my subscription to Apple Music, even though I didn't have access to any of my music either.

I can get a replacement credit card faster than I was able to recover an Apple ID. The Apple support had nothing to say and said they were not able to compensate me for the Apple Music. They said I needed to cancel my subscription... REALLY? I can't log in because you are making me wait 3 weeks to recover my Apple ID. I thought they were better than that. I sure was wrong. Extremely disappointed in Apple.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I am writing to express my disappointment from Apple and its partners. We were just part of a huge scam by Apple and I am going to every possible news and media to share my experience. We were offered to trade in our old iPhone 6s to new XR. Once we went through the whole process and shipped the old phone to your "partner", we received an email saying that our old phone value is now 0 instead of $200. I called to express my shock, as the reason per Apple was battery and we got new battery installed in Apple store about 7 months ago. CS rep did not help, so we asked to ship the old phone back to us. We got it back. All broken, with bunch of stickers on him and NOT WORKING! Shame on you, APPLE!!!

Original review: March 23, 2019

ON APPLE TECH SUPPORT FOR 15 HOURS WITH NO HELP: I had 15 minutes problem. I have family plan and in my son phone app store and iTunes account is restricted. For last 10 days god knows how many time times I called, stayed on phone 1-2 hours. They kept on changing from dept to dept, to billing dept, to get my ID set up etc etc. Talked to several technician including their supervisor Sam ** and they all told problem fixed. Sam told me, "If you have problem you can call 24/7 and talk to me directly." Problem is not touched even. When I called on 3-20-19 technician who picked up the phone told me, "You are not suppose to call for 48 hours, that's what computer says." Did sound very weird but he said I can't do anything, call after 48 hours.

When I called today they transferred me from billing dept to finally tech support. I talked to Shane who said he is manager. When I was explaining to him, he told me, "Connection is not got, let me call you right back." When he did not call me I again called them. After prolong wait someone came on line and said, "Shane is talking to someone on phone for 15-20 min. As he is done he will call you." It has been one hour, he has not called yet. I don't know whom to turn for support.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I bought an Apple iPhone XS for son and about 3 weeks after he noted a black dot in the corner, which is a common flaw. Now it is like jumping through hoops to get it repaired. I either have to put the cost of a new one on a credit card at $1000 or he needs to be without a phone for who knows how long for them to repair it. Not convenient at all!!! I paid a lot of money for that phone, you would think with a defect that is covered by warranty would be easier to get fixed!!!

Original review: March 14, 2019

So Apple was happy to take my via adding funds to account, but now I can’t spend it for some unknown reason. Got a pop up to visit the site. So I did. And the customer support section of the website is plagued by an error message stating to try again later. Haven’t managed to get a hold of anyone, so despite the fact I clearly have a positive balance in my account, my purchases won’t go through; I can’t get a refund, the website is down, and I can’t get in touch with anyone. By the sounds of it that probably wouldn’t help anyways. What a joke, Apple.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have terrible experience with Apple company. I bought Apple gift card from Target but this gift card was already redeemed. I don't know how this could happen but the problem is nobody take responsibility for this. I went to Target and store manager says they are just third party retail store so they can't do any for this so I called Apple Tech Support line.

Senior of this IT says they don't care about the card that sold by Target store if it is redeemed already. This senior guy says even if I bought this gift card from Apple store, they are not take any responsibility for this redeemed gift card. Once it is sold then it is our luck and responsibility that we should buy card that is not redeemed yet, otherwise we will just waste our money for just small plastic. How they are so irresponsible for their product. Our family using iPhone right now but I will change them to other phone after our contract is over. This is really bad bad bad company that should not represent one of biggest company of U.S.A.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Apple Tech Support has one of the poorest service. They will not pack their product and charge astronomical fees for repair for something that should be warrantied. They mislead and lied. They promised immediate care by visiting the local Apple Store and when arrived they did nothing more than what they could’ve done over the phone without travelling and the expense.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have Comcast as an e-mail provider and Apple manager dismissed my questions and concerns because I was associated with Comcast Xfinity. I wanted to ask him if my Apple iPhone was correctly set up to receive e-mails from any source Comcast or not but it appears I wasted a long trip to the APPLE CENTER since the manager refused to listen to me or deal with me and further he would not allow other employees that were trying to help. I applaud the employees as much as I condemn the manager. I am Japanese and I believe he is racially prejudice. The office I went to was in Short Pump Virginia. The manager there is a disgrace!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have an iPhone 7 and it worked fine one day and the next day would not make calls, record voice memos, or play back video recordings. This same exact thing, word for word had just happened to my friends iPhone 7 a week prior. My service provider sent in my phone to Apple and they denied it and said there was undisclosed damage and I had "third party parts" in my phone, I have NEVER taken my phone anywhere to be fixed because I had zero issues up until recent. So Apple returned my phone and my provider sent it back because I had no third party parts in it. I just got an email about my phone and to call my phone store, they said this time Apple denied it a second time and stated there was "abuse" to my phone.

My phone provider took my phone apart as much as they're allowed and saw zero damage. No water damage, no cracked screen, no third party parts, nothing. So I called Apple today and of course they couldn't give me and answer as to why they gave me two separate diagnoses unrelated to each other, and their solution was to upgrade, pay for the insurance claim or take it to the nearest Apple store (4 hours away), there is another store that is 30 minutes away but they want to charge me $30 to look and diagnose it which to some doesn't seem like much but because I did nothing to make my phone stop working I refuse to pay for anything.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

You guys out there… Everyone needs to understand that it is illegal for any company to void a warranty on a product because you have third-party parts on your device that are not associated with the warranted part that is defective. For instance, my iPhone 7 was recalled due to a defect with the modem. I sent my phone in under the recall to be repaired or replaced. Apple, at first, said that they would not honor the recall because I have a third-party screen installed on my phone. This is illegal under the old Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act from 1975 (most people recognize it as the lemon law).

Large companies like Apple, Sony, and car manufacturers still try to get away with telling people that their warranties are void if they have had their device worked on by a third party, because they know that 99% of consumers are ignorant of consumer protection laws. If Apple (or any other company) refuses to honor a warranty or a recall because you have a third-party part installed on your device that is unrelated to the defective part or if they try to coerce you into paying them for repairs or service that are unrelated to the defective part, you need to immediately go online and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

It is easy to do. This will help the Federal Trade Commission crack down on these illegal business practices. Apple had to agree to fix my iPhone because I called them out on their illegal company policy (and they know that it is illegal) and I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and they were forced to agree to replace my phone. Now, that doesn’t mean they won’t drag it out and give you the runaround for as long as possible (which they are still doing), but people need to start standing up to them. I will contact the Federal Trade Commission again if I don’t get my phone back in a timely manner. I hope the links help. **. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

If there is lower than 1 star, I would have given them that. The customer service has NO MANNERS at all. I was connected to a live person, she introduced herself, I started telling her my concerns and without any word she just hung up and transferred me back to the holding cue with background music and been waiting... She could have just said "let me transfer you to another department or so..." This is THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, LOW CLASS PEOPLE I HAD EVER ENCOUNTERED IN MY LIFE!" I felt so disrespected!

It is hard to get hold of Apple customer care. I have been getting emails that I was charge for Apple services, which I do not know of. Someone is using my email, Apple ID and old credit card which I wanted to report. I tried to retrieve my old Apple ID, password but to NOT successful at all. SO DISAPPOINTED WITH APPLE. They are a multi-millionaire company, but customer care is nothing but rotten.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Purchased a warranty for my iPhone X. I put my phone through the washer and it was non-repairable. Called Apple whose representative sent me to Best Buy to exchange broken phone for a new phone, as phone was under warranty. Best Buy refused to do anything but send my phone to Apple. I was leaving for an International extended business trip the next day, I purchased a new phone from Best Buy. When I returned home I sent the damaged phone into Apple, who sent me a REFURBISHED phone to replace the damaged one under warranty. The representative expressly told me they would be sending me a new phone.

Refurbished phone would not access the internet so basically worthless. Sent refurbished phone back to Apple after many calls and hours on the phone to them. They are refusing to send a new phone per warranty. Apple is insisting on sending ANOTHER junk phone to replace my original! I am appalled at the arrogance, "Customer service" is unbelievably disorganized and pathetic... Dealing with them is worse than a used car salesman. I am shocked at what Apple has become, they do not stand behind their product or warranty... Sad state of affairs at Apple.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My daughter's iPhone 7 cannot make calls in or out text messages don't work, as there was a recall on her phone that was only eligible between a certain time frame. As this woman Renee a senior advisor came to the phone after AT&T and Apple kept pointing fingers at one another and having me run from store to store multiple phone calls for 4 days. I explained to her as a single mom of 5 kids I needed to know where my children were at all times. She explained to me that your daughter can go 5 days without a phone as when she grew up they never had phones.

I couldn't believe the disrespect considering her company supports phones as this is her means of a paycheck. I have tried to reach out to corp. office and I'm having no luck. This woman was very disrespectful as I had tears and shaken voice from the stress of running around all the calls and trying to take care of my kids this past weekend. NO ONE still hasn't helped me and now I have to pay out of pocket for a new phone.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

A few weeks ago both my rear camera and flashlight stopped working on my iPhone 6s. I had not dropped the phone or anything, and it had no exterior damage. My mother suggested calling Apple tech support. She said they had always treated her fairly in the past and were very helpful and kind. So, I called and the Apple worker was very pleasant, but, unfortunately, he was unable to solve the problem over the phone and said I needed to go to an Apple Store to get hands on help. I made an appointment for a few days later and went in expecting a solution.

After waiting several hours to even speak to an Apple tech support employee, they took my phone and said they needed a few hours and $60 to fix it. I was slightly bothered I had to pay for a device malfunction that was not at all my fault, but at that point, I just wanted my phone to be fixed. I came back several hours later, and to my dismay, they told me they could not fix the camera, and the only solution was for me to buy a $300 new iPhone 6. I only payed $200 for my current iPhone 6, and now they want me to pay even more for a new iPhone because they were unable to solve a problem with their own hardware. I continue buying Apple products because I have always trusted the company and appreciated their product support, but I am now considering trying a new company. I in no way blame the genius bar employees I encountered; they were all nice and seemingly helpful, but I am extremely disappointed in the company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Extremely poor service... Genius Bar Trafford Center won't entertain any loyalty or customer care and will behave like king of the Market. I waited whole day during Xmas and New Year at Apple store to replace my handset battery. End of the day they rejected the battery replacement. They will do anything for not to get the handset working to enforce customer to buy a new model and spend £££. My handset is in absolutely mint condition apart from battery but Apple wont' replace it and declined it fully and have said no support or help will be provided. i have no option apart from throwing my handset in the bin. Too much monopoly on the market and won't do the basic customer care.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I visited the Apple Store in Manhattan to check my iPad as the touch screen was not responding. I was told a complete restore can be done but will have to wipe the hard drive. I told her that I have a lot of pictures stored. I was told that it will cost $4000.00. Before I can decide and I keep asking questions she already wipe my hard drive. Then told me that the reinstall did not work and it will cost $249.00 to get a new one. No consideration.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

In my most unfortunate moment, I decided to upgrade my iPhone 6 plus to iPhone 8 plus, by buying the phone and paying in full from Apple. What followed was unmitigated disaster of unimaginable proportions. Went to Apple store on 26 Dec, to buy the iPhone 8 plus with trade in, my cell phone carrier is Sprint. The Apple sales rep, inspects my phone (6 plus) and confirms the trade in value of $200. Since my phone (6 plus) was not backed up, I bought the iPhone 8 plus, so that I can take it home and activate it later.

On 31 Dec, I finished backing up the phone and transferred the old sim to new phone, the phone won't register in the Sprint network. I was on phone with Sprint Support, it turns out that I need a new SIM, EVEN if I am using the same number. I had to run around 4 times between Apple Store and Sprint Store, along with my helpful wife, to get the phone activated. a. For checking with Apple tech about the SIM. b. For the Sprint rep, for him to tell us that Apple needs to issue a new SIM to be activated on Sprint network. c. Go back to Apple store to get the SIM issued. d. Back to Sprint store to get the phone activated. I thought the my worst dream of runaround between the fruit company and cell phone carrier was over, turns out I was horribly wrong, the worse was yet to come.

Once the new phone was activated on Sprint network, all there was to do was trade in the old phone. The tech named Charlie, looks/inspects at the phone and says "Since it was repaired by the 3rd party for the screen, we can't trade in this phone. This is as per the Apple policy". We got his manager, he parrotted the same lines, mind you, this is after we bought the new phone AFTER confirming with Apple rep about the trade in.

If this seems like Ponzi scheme or click-bait, the trillion dollar fruit company is not far too away from running it. More glorious was yet to come, when the Apple manager went on doing us a 'favor' to take the phone for $50 trade in value. This was most disingenuous and disrespectful way of them treating the customer and taking him/her for a ride. We just stormed out of the Apple store. We followed up with calling the 1-800-MY-APPLE, to confirm the above policy and point us to the trade-in policy on the website which states that about the 3rd party repaired phones being ineligible for the trade in. The customer representative searched while I was on hold and promised to get back to me by email, as soon as she finds it. Suffice to say, I am yet to hear back from Apple.

Apple Tech Support Company Information