Apple Tech Support

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'm having issues with redeeming an iTunes gift card for our family account. I'm sure there's a simple way to fix it, however the family settings only allow the use of a credit card - not an iTunes card. So I'm paying out of pocket for my daughter's purchases instead of it coming off of a communal iTunes card. There's still a $50 balance on it, WHY CAN'T I USE THE GIFT CARD? She's upset because she wants to purchase an App - and I have to keep paying out of pocket when the gift card still has a balance. I try to find a way to talk to an Apple Representative. No luck. I have to submit an email and wait 48 HOURS for a response. Pathetic. Apple is always happy to take your money, we have 3 phones, two of which we paid over $600 and the other over $400. Always someone around to take the money, but no support to speak of. Pathetic and ridiculous.

My 3 month old Mini 4 stopped supporting Touch ID, after contacting Apple support, they contacted almost before I'd pushed the send button. The Tech I spoke to was amazingly patient with this Luddite and walked me through a couple of troubleshooting ideas. When all that failed she recommended that I send it in to be diagnosed by Apple. I had the FedEx box and instructions in two days and returned the box in three days and the next day I was told a replacement was on its way back to me. Received it two days later. Very impressive customer care. I was kept in the loop the entire time. I can't express how valued I felt as a customer with their response. A big thumbs up for Apple care and all who I interacted with. Many Thanks!

The iPhone is an Overpriced gimmick for something that you will easily spend twice the money for. The screen brakes very easily and is not under warranty for a ($700 phone). And once the screen cracks, as it will, the warranty is void. I brought my iPhone in to be fixed after only having it for a few months several times because the battery was defective. They refuse to fix or replace it. Leaving out the store my phone dropped and the screen cracked bad. I brought the phone in to have the battery looked at again and they said I would have to pay because of the cracked screen voids the warranty. The product is overpriced and The Samsung Galaxy has a much better glass. Trust me I'm switching. And Samsung has a much better warranty policies.

My Apple ID is stuck in recovery mode for the last few months and Apple doesn't know how to change a phone number on an Apple ID. I've been through the levels the engineers everyone. They said we'll talk about a refund. I don't accept that after the never ending run around and hearing different people tell me the same thing no results. I'm asking for an item of my choice to compensate me for the complete aggravating feeling then it will be resolved. Everyone told me the same thing over and over.

Ok. So listen. I had my iPhone 6 for quite some time (well, for an iPhone). It was over 2 years old and I'm not the best with phones so it was a sad looking thing, barely hanging out. So I'm in Italy for two months, doing an Au Pair gig for the summer. Right before I left I got a brand new iPhone 7. I had some trouble with my Apple ID, it's an old college email I no longer have access to. This dude on Apple support had a solution that would've taken over 24 hours to complete. Yeah, I saved everything for the last minute so I didn't have time for this. I ended up figuring out how to change my password in about 10 minutes...

Next problem. Ok so I've been in Italy for about 4 days. My screen starts getting these weird lines and acting up. I looked up how to fix it, cooled it down, etc. and nothing worked! So I finally get around to calling Apple support, two days later. They. Were. Awful. I was on hold more than I talked to someone. This first dude's suggestion was that I go to a store that accepts the warranty. I told him that's not going to work but of course he looks it up anyway. After finding ONE store that'll accept it, I told him again I don't have transportation so he decided to "look at our other options." This dude wanted to do express care - have me send my phone back within 10 days and wait for a new one to come. After waiting for almost an hour, turns out they don't ship out of the country AND I can't get a new phone in Italy because foreign phones are made different and I'd have more problems when I returned to the States.

Ok. So I tell him this is ridiculous considering this is 100% Apple's fault since this is a brand new phone: wasn't dropped, hasn't gotten wet. Nothing. Purely a malfunction. So he transfers me to a "senior advisor." So she starts doing the exact same thing he did: looking up places I can bring my phone. So I start telling her we've already done this and I was told I can't get a new phone over here anyway. After going back and forth, basically the same exact stuff I had gone through with the previous dude, she tells me I have to wait until I come home. I said absolutely not as this is my ONLY form of communication, my camera, my map, etc.

So after me telling her how much more pissed I'll be if this phone stops working while I'm over here, we finally decide to see if she can ship a new one to my dad and he can ship it to me. I told her THEY WILL pay for shipping since it's APPLE's FAULT. Again, after going back and forth for ten minutes she tells me she has to check on that and she'll call me back. So eventually she calls me back and tells me they can give me $100-$150 credit for the online Apple Store. That's great, and except I don't need a damn thing from them. So I asked her if I'd have to send my phone back first and she said yes. I told her that's not going to work because, again, I NEED a phone while I'm here. She kept saying she's sorry that I think it's their fault and at this point I'm livid so I told her it IS their fault.

Then she says, "I'm sorry none of these solutions work for you" and kept telling me they were "trying" to help me and "it's not your fault you're overseas." I had to explain again and again that the whole point of me getting a new phone was so I would be ok when I went away. Then I asked her how she would feel if her family member was overseas without a phone and she said she wouldn't like that. That's pretty much where our conversation ended. I told her I'd talk to my dad and see if he can get through to them since they're so bogus.

This is the shortened version. I kept having to explain things again and again and all they kept saying was "I'm sorry you're frustrated, I understand why you would be." Yeah, cut the training lines and be helpful for once! I also told her god forbid I go home and my phones not under warranty anymore and I guaranteed her I would have some sort of issue waiting that long. She told me (supposedly) my phone is under warranty until June 2018 but I told her I never know with these people since they're not very helpful. My phone isn't even two weeks old so as far as I'm concerned, it's Apple's problem and they need to find something convenient for me. I'm livid right now. $750 phone and they won't work with me. Oh, ok. Thanks a lot, Apple!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

ALL APPLE IOS USERS NEED TO READ THIS CAUTIONARY TALE--Learn from Snow White & don't bite the apple no matter how good it looks! Mirror, mirror on the wall - who's the slimiest of them all? I not only bit the Apple, I consumed the whole tree. From the moment I bought my very first MAC back in the Stone Age I was an instant Apple loyalist, as in I-everything. I was exactly the customer Mac wants; totally hooked and happy. I couldn't wait for the next I-whatever to roll out, and when new products did I was like a kid at Christmas. Had to have it! Iphones 4-7Plus - check. Ipad Air 1 & 2, check. MacBook Pro, check. Ipods in every iteration, check. And so on and so forth. So one would think after such die hard loyalty Apple would want to make things right when a cataclysmic Sierra upgrade glitch destroyed all my data - WRONG!!

On Oct 22, 2016 I received an email from Apple telling me to "click here" to download their new Sierra operating system. I'm not a sophisticated techie but even I can manage that. And that simple click at 11:30 pm while I was waiting for Saturday Night Live to come on was the beginning of the end. About 10 minutes into the download Sierra froze. Nothing I did could unfreeze it. I waited and waited and waited. But still frozen. Finally I decided to shut down and reboot. Worst move ever because it came back with a black screen with assorted bits of garbage on it and some sort of cryptic aborted message. There was no way in or out.

So I called 24/7 AppleCare and embarked on a 12 hour world tour, speaking to Apple techs from the Philippines to Australia - for almost 12 hours straight!!! At one point I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with a senior tech in Melbourne who managed to somehow get Sierra off my system and get me back to El Capitan. He then had me reinstall Sierra assuring me that as soon as it finished downloading (a mere 2 hours later) everything would be perfect. He even kindly offered to call me back at 9 am NY time and check up on it.

Only it wasn't fine at 9 am - it was worse because I could no longer access my own user file. I spent another hour or so on the phone with an even more senior tech, who finally threw in the towel. So I packed up my mortally wounded operating system and ran to Apple's flagship 59th Street Store in NYC, where I spent over an hour going through the mess with an assortment of their Geniuses. I left my MacBook Pro in Apple's ICU with the assurance they'd get everything working again ASAP. You can imagine how thrilled and relieved I was when Apple called me 3 days later and told me I could come pick up my MAC, which was now perfect.

But it wasn't. It took me exactly 30 seconds after turning it on to realize that almost all my dozens of files were gone. Only a handful remained and they contained a hodgepodge of random documents from any and every file including the operating system. The best analogy I could use would be if a tornado went through a conventional file room and all that remained was a huge pile of random paper, with 1/2 of the files completely blown away, never to be found again. It was beyond bizarre. And it didn't take a Genius to see this, because instead of the dozens of files and subfiles that appeared when the initial menu came up, there were now less than 20.

But I didn't panic yet. Because I had everything backed up - not only to an external hard drive but also the elusive iCloud. So I returned to the Apple Store with my back-up drive, where I left Alan, supposedly one of their best and most senior Geniuses, with the crystal clear instruction that before doing anything further he needed to make a duplicate of my pristine back up drive and work only from the duplicate so that there was no risk of my remaining data and files being compromised.

But unfortunately Alan didn't do that. Instead, he plugged the drive in and when a prompt popped up to complete downloading Sierra he hit it. And somehow, someway that Apple can't or won't explain to this day, the deadly Sierra managed to worm its way into every single file on my back-up drive and even into the Cloud to destroy them all. For those familiar with Time Machine suddenly every single file, regardless of its date, was the identical scrambled mess as all the others. This was the 2nd time Apple's Geniuses didn't catch this (or own up to it as the case may be). Once again they insisted everything was "perfect".

By now we were into December and my battle with the Apple Store was at a standoff. It had degenerated into a series of increasingly ridiculous lies, history rewrites, denials and finger pointing. They even tried to write the whole incident off to my external drive failing which was utterly preposterous because my external drive wasn't even in the mix until the 3rd cycle of repairs and denials.

But my favorite was Apple's repeatedly denying any responsibility or liability for the destruction of my data and files because somewhere, buried deep in the fine print of their Apple User Agreement, Apple disavows itself of any liability for all software. This includes their own, proprietary IOS operating system. By this logic Apple's sole legal responsibility is limited to the sleek metal box that houses the operating system Apple created, without which the metal box does not run. Perhaps their lawyers need to look into Contracts of Adhesion. Buyer beware the next time you invest $2-3000 for your new MAC. If MAC's operating system fails and destroys your data it's not their problem, it's yours!

So I trudged back and forth to the Apple Store for another month. Ironically I broke my wrist in December after slipping on ice one block from the 59th St. Store on my way there. I arrived in tears, with my old (now damaged from the fall) MacBook Pro that the Geniuses requested I bring them to try restore some of my older files, saying I had to leave it and run because I had to go to the ER. And they actually argued with me telling me they couldn't work on it unless I stayed!

I suggested that the Store team contact the Sierra team at Apple because maybe they could unscramble what happened since they presumably wrote the code. Implausibly, according the Apple store's top Manager, he had no way of reaching any senior Apple executive directly, even Tim Cook. If this is true and the Manager of Apple's premiere flagship store can't connect directly with one of their top executives it would go a long way towards explaining why Apple is so dysfunctional. Are they this desperate to avoid any direct contact, or even indirect, with their customers?

From my experience the answer is a resounding YES. Forget calling anyone at Apple. No matter which door you go in through (and I've tried them all, even Investor Relations and HR) you end up with one of their utterly useless and frustrating Customer Service Reps, who will run you in Applespeak circles no matter how long you spend on the phone with them. It's an endurance test and you can't outrun them.

So after a month more of this I decided it was time to escalate to Tim Cook. I wrote Mr. Cook a lengthy letter filled with specifics - dates, names, micro details in the hope that the ever growing chain of mishaps and missteps would set off an alarm, as one would expect of any CEO looking at what should appear to be a major customer service fail. Even more importantly, I also detailed other incidents I'd come across with the same failure by Sierra on or around the same date I experienced it. This included numerous posts on Apple blogs and two other cases I'd found in NYC. Not to mention the 1st Australian tech I spent 3 hours on the phone with told me that this was a known bug and glitch with Sierra. One would think that a problem with Apple's new IOS would be an instant red flag to Mr. Cook. Unless of course he already knew about it.

A couple of days after emailing Tim Cook I was contacted by Megan **, a member of Mr. Cook's "Executive Leadership Team." No disrespect to Ms. **, but as far as I can tell after 5 mos of dealing with her, she's just an upgraded AppleCare team member in disguise. She claims Tim Cook had read all my correspondence and is aware of the matter but I find this hard to believe. If he truly is shame on him. Once Ms. ** jumped in I spent hours on the phone with more AppleCare team members, having to start the entire saga from start every time, making me wonder if anyone from Apple ever read the file before jumping on the phone with me.

The dots never connected on their own between the Store, the Geniuses, AppleCare and anyone else involved. So on every call I had to spend hours walking the tech du jour through the ever increasing maze of misinformation and failed fixes. I don't believe I ever spoke to anyone with senior engineering expertise from the nature of the conversations I had. I certainly never spoke to anyone for the Sierra team despite repeatedly requesting this. At one point I was contacted by an AppleCare rep who asked questions during 3 lengthy calls, supposedly at the behest of the iCloud team. But he ultimately disappeared and I never heard anything further on that front.

Which brings us to now. Finally, after 6 months and countless failed attempts to retrieve or restore my missing files and data (which is over 10 years worth of personal and vital business files) Ms. ** called me and told me that Apple had come to the conclusion they could not fix the problem. Therefore Apple felt "terrible" and wanted "to make financial restitution" for my loss."

Aside from this being a cataclysmic problem to my business because years of work product, contacts, correspondence and records were gone in a flash (including all the back-ups) I also lost irreplaceable personal photos and other correspondence. How do you even begin to determine a financial value for such a loss? A really cyberage dilemma. So I started researching and came up with a number of formulas that businesses, insurers and others have applied to determine the value of data loss. Needless to say, there was a wide range going from $50,000 to well into the 6-figures.

So, I went back to Ms. ** and told her I thought the best way to determine the financial value was to agree upon a formula or methodology to apply first. But none of this mattered because Apple had come up with their own solution - they offered me a choice of a $3500 check or $5000 of Apple equipment at retail price (which actually translates to less than $3500 at their wholesale or manufacturer's price). So $3500 or $2500? And of course in return I had to give Apple a full release from all liability.

And that's as far as Apple will go. $3500 for every record, file or document I had - over 250,000 gigabytes of files and data vital to my life and business. Or to put this in proper perspective, a mere fraction of what Apple spent to develop the special box to keep pizza crusts from getting soggy in the employee cafeteria in their new corporate palace. The palace with the zillion dollar door handles and miles of special glass. Otherwise known as Apple-Versailles. So my life's work is worth less than a soggy pizza crust. Good to know. Maybe I should just settle for $5000 worth of pizza boxes and door handles.

Here's the real kicker - my MAC still doesn't function properly. Backing up still has the very same problem it had on day one. All of the files, regardless of date, are mirror images of each other, with incomplete, corrupted files. So 7 months later I don't even have a working computer and operating system. Instead I have a $2500, 500,000 gigabyte word processor and email reader. And Apple's offer of $3500 for "restitution". Samsung and their exploding phones are looking pretty good right now. At least they acknowledge their responsibility and are giving everyone new phones that work.

So think about this the next time you line up for hours to pay top price for Apple's latest must have toy. God forbid anything goes wrong beyond the ability of a quick fix by an Apple Genius or AppleCare. You won't be able to escalate to any senior executive or engineer. You'll be lied to, run around in circles, waste months of your time and thanks to the fine print you'll never read or see, Apple will deny all liability. And that nice shiny box it comes in is only worth $3500, even if Apple's own IOS fails. Something to keep mind as Apple gets set to launch High Sierra.

My Apple ID on both mine and my daughter's phone has been disabled for days. I have been unable to do any downloads or uploads on my phone or Mac computer which I use for BUSINESS. I have repeatedly sat on hold and been transferred and disconnected. I called and was on hold for more than 30 minutes THREE times yesterday then the representative transferred me to a different department and disconnected.

Today I called twice. The first time I was on hold for 25 min and disconnected. I called again, spoke to a representative, was transferred. They fixed my Apple ID then needed to transfer me again to fix my daughter's Apple ID. I waited another 30 minutes and the representative I spoke to was rude and clueless and I demanded a supervisor. The supervisor then told me I would have to speak to a representative in the iTunes department AGAIN... 2 hours and 27 minutes later, I hung up... PROBLEM UNRESOLVED. For the amount of money we pay for these phones and the service, their customer service should be mediocre at least. More than 4 hours on the phone with them... Just wasted time.

I am shocked by how bad Apple have been since my new iPhone came two weeks ago and had a problem connecting to wifi. I had 4.5 hours on telephone "support" one day, 3 hours the day before, one hour the day after then they told me to go to the Apple Store on Regent street, where I wasted another three hours. No one took ownership of the problem, they pass you on to the next. The so called genius in the Apple shop just wanted to get rid of me telling me it was a software bug and he would contact the developers who would fix it and roll out an update of iOS to solve the problem. They rudely kept me waiting 30 minutes after my appointment time. Awful. If this is the best Apple to do I would urge everyone to avoid Apple like the plague.

I have repeatedly had to change my password on my Apple ID account because of unknown ability to access my account. 6 months ago while at an Apple store while I was purchasing another iPhone which was about the third or fourth time at that particular store, the salesman said that my birthday was incorrect in the system. I showed identification and he reset my birth date to the correct date. Now fast forward today and I was unable to access my Apple ID account as it said my birth date was incorrect again. I called Apple support and they called back and discovered when trying to access my account that all of my security questions were wrong as well.

Over a period of 18 minutes a young gentleman would ask me to spell the street I grew up on 5 times. Yes 5 times he asked me to spell the street I grew up on. As well many other questions he would repeatedly ask and to no avail could he understand that I know the answers and then suggest he would get an senior adviser to help. Yes 27 minutes with a senior adviser and guess what... No, she could not figure out how to get me into my account either and finally with many attempts of me not being able to answer questions that I know the answer to I became "timed out" as she put it and I would have to wait 8 more hours!!

Yes 8 more hours before they could try again. She said... "Sir please call back in 8 hours and we will try again." My experience with Apple support was not good! But most importantly the security issues here are the real problem! Someone has access to change my information... my birth date and other known questions to me get changed??? How??? Apple security is obviously NOT GOOD!!

The iPhone 6s has given me problems from day 1, and sadly I can't even change it because it's too much and costs way too much to switch over to Android. Let's start with the random restart and bugs it has with the touch. I didn't believe people when they said Apple is garbage. I start to think the same thoughts, as the S8 comes out and into play. It's still got the headphone jack and still has the same things phones should have. It's not as updated as the Android phones can be. The frame rate doesn't drop when you multitask on it, and it sure as heck doesn't restrict you. The Android phone doesn't have the same basic feel to it as the iPhones. Even when customers speak out they don't hear us and make things even worse. It's turn to complete garbage along with their computers. If that only single port breaks, say goodbye to 3,000 dollars. You can't even game on it like most could for a fourth of the cost. Apple doesn't care about customer opinions.

My MacBook has video issues and I have to paid almost $600 dollars to get it fix, this is a mistake that Apple made. They were repairing it at no cost but the program expired 4 months ago. Go talk to the senior adviser and he confirmed that I have to paid for it, a mistake that they made!! On top of that he told me that they send email let me know about the issue, I never received an email!! Why should I paid for their mistakes!!? I should be getting my computer fix , and Mr. ** should not be saying they send me an email, when they never did!!

So my iPhone and iPad are being used daily now for a looong time and I wanted to log into iTunes on my PC to try to buy a MP3. I couldn't remember my password so I clicked the link and couldn't understand what was happening or why at any point after that. I was taken to "account recovery". I knew my apple id but not my password, so it took me through some frustrating UI that didn't say too much about what was going on.

Then I proceeded to 1) enter my phone number which is setup for two factor authentication and 2) enter ALL of my credit card information. I thought well that's pretty secure. But then the foolishness begins. After receiving my "code" via 2-factor authentication on my iPhone where I am logged into iTunes -- and have a fingerprint id that works, I was sent an email to my email account on record to again confirm that it was me trying to change or reset my password. I gave pause and actually thought that something really really bad must have happened recently security-wise to this company who's software is routinely compromised.

I continued anyway and clicked the link to confirm my email. After doing this, there was a not very straightforward note about someone would send me instructions to recover my account – in a few days! What? I confirmed via 2-factor authentication on my iPhone, additionally verified my email address by clicking the link and additionally entered ALL of my credit card information and logged into my iPhone where iTunes works via fingerprint id (still) and you need a few days? What do you think the point of 2-factor authentication is? I'm trying to spend $1.29 on the iTunes store on my PC!

Then I noticed the email that Apple sent to my account to ask me to click on the link and the more I thought about it the sillier it seemed. Apple has real security issues and is compounding their issues themselves-- "An account recovery request for your Apple ID (**) was made near Redmond, WA on 05/08/2017 at 1:05 AM GMT. The contact phone number provided was **. If you made this request, click the confirmation link below to help Apple verify your identity. If you didn’t make this request, you should cancel account recovery immediately." THANKS APPLE. It's good to know that if my Apple account and email were compromised I can count on you to send an email detailing what MY PHONE NUMBER IS. Can this process not be automated -- like everywhere else (Amazon, etc.) or are you just incompetent at automating such things?

Apple doesn't care about their customers, the agents are rude, condescending, and do not listen. As a long time Apple user, with multiple Apple products, I will seriously need to consider using different type of technology. They can't be trusted with your credit information. About a month ago, my apple ID for the app store was disabled, I thought nothing of it because I reverted back to my iPhone 5 because my iPhone 6 Plus broke. I was holding out for the next iPhone. Monday this week, I went reset my ID, and was told that I can't use my credit card, no reason why. I sent an inquiry as to why, over 48 hours later, I get an email saying it report fraudulent activity on my card, who reported it? It wasn't me nor my bank, my bank would have called me. I asked for details, they said, "You need to call." Fast forward to Saturday, I scheduled a call at 2:00PM, the Apple line hung up on me, and I called back and put on hold...

Apple claims that another person was using my card to make purchases but they couldn't tell me who, cause they were a victim too... How can someone that is using my card a victim? I was like, really, I have no purchases from Apple other than my monthly iCloud storage. They went on that my bank must have reported. I was like no, there have been no charges, and my bank would reach out to me. Then the agent went on to say nothing happened because they caught in time. Caught what in time? How would they know that I wouldn't authorize this person to use my credit card without asking me.

I asked, does Apple think it has any obligation to notify their customers that their account info was compromised? I was told "No, you are confusing us with your bank". Um no, you claim that you shut off my Apple ID because you thought that my account was compromised, and you claim that you caught in time. If you had information that I or my bank didn't have, you should at least have a message somewhere informing the user was shut off for potential fraudulent activity. The guy claims they don't have that info on file to do that... Really? You knew enough to shut off my Apple ID, and my Apple ID is my email address.

Long story short, I am pretty certain that Apple shut my ID off because of me using the iPhone 5, however, they won't admit it. They won't give me any information as to what happen with my credit card if something really happened, and now I need to cancel my credit card to get a new one based info provided to me by someone that lied a few times on the phone.

Apple should be ashamed of themselves. While they may not be under any legal responsibility to notify their customer, I would think they would had a civic obligation. I dragged my feet for four weeks on the Apple ID; however, if I knew right away about fraudulent activity, I would have taken action to protect my accounts that day. I am lucky every purchased is emailed to me, and I monitor my accounts, however, what if someone really had my credit card info, and Apple knew it, and they spent thousands of dollars? Apple still doesn't think they owe their customers appropriate notification.

I had to recover my account due to a password issue. It said it would take a few days when it was first initiated. It's been going on two weeks and I'm still locked out. I called customer support and was told that there is NO SET TIMEFRAME on how long it will take and there was nothing they could do. It takes however long it takes. This is the worst service I've ever experienced. Won't be using Apple again.

I've been trying to download new apps and update old ones for over a month now. I contacted Apple Support via chat to ask them what's going on with my account because every time I try to update, I'm told I need to update my billing info, and when I do, my card says declined. I asked the lady via chat what the issue was and she says she couldn't tell me because of privacy reasons but there was a charge for $1.99 on my account, but when I viewed my purchase history, I couldn't find anything. She says to enter a new credit card or purchase an iTunes card, so they can charge me money I assume, yet they can't tell me what's going on with my account.

I was in an accident recently and could not remember my log in information. It's now been 4 days and Apple has not assist me in resetting my password or log in. I now may have to drive to a retailer to get their assistance. Apple, you're a multi-billion $ company how about helping out the people that have been in your web of ** for many years instead of trolling for the new customers. Other carriers are starting to look a lot more attractive right now.

APPLE IS TERRIBLE IN QUALITY, SERVICE, AND LOST ALL INNOVATION. After 10+ year as an apple freak, starting with a g3 desktop I've hit the end of road with what once a top notch company. QUALITY AND SUPPORT OF THIS BLOODSUCKING CORP IS AT ALL TIME LOW. My brand new i7 (just 17 days old) home button, the only uncovered piece (by any phone case ever made) broke after falling less than a foot onto a tupperware lid. Mind you I have a plexiglass cover and military rated drop case, no joke! And of course the self proclaimed genius's at the bar are unwilling as was corporate to help me out with a warrantied repair. Not sure how a 700$ product can be as fragile as a champagne flute.

Long story short I'm willing to pay my insurance cost, sell it at a loss and buy an android or samsung 8 just to not vote for these jerks with my dollar! As well I will never spend another cent on iTunes, apple or any affiliated product. YES I did drop it to be fair but if that is the quality I get for my money and flat out zero support. That apple has fallen far from this tree!!!

Apple security services failed to locate my stolen iPod but is succeeding in not allowing me to use my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Their lack of integrity and customer service is deplorable. I am being told it could take weeks to use programs and apps I have paid for. I have offered ID to prove my identity and they still won't assist. I have been on the phone for over 50 minutes waiting for customer service.

I purchased an app and it failed to work and when I called Apple they didn't help but kept mocking a nasty gay tone during conversation and then hang up on me wasting lots of time. Apple support has been doing this for so many times I had to start recording their conversation... and I recorded yesterday's arrant experience... I don't recommend this brand to anyone!!! It's potentially extinct!

Having problems loading music from my Windows desktop to my iPad or to my iPhone. How hard can it be? Ten days ago I spent 1-1/2 hours on the phone with Apple support unsuccessfully trying to load music on to my iPad. I ran out of time, I had to catch a flight for vacation. This morning after 45 minutes with a tech fumbling around, I was transferred to a SENIOR technician. She spent 5 minutes or so before putting me on hold. Nine minutes later the call was disconnected.

I called back to Apple Care and after waiting on hold for 25 more minutes a new technician answers. Told the tech about my experience this morning - asked to speak to a senior tech again, waited an additional nineteen minutes. The senior tech asked me to do a upload - ok. Then she tells me she will have to schedule another time after the download is complete to help me with my music download. A total of 86 minutes wasted this morning just trying to download some music. Again how hard can it be?? I am more mad at myself for putting up with this APPLE propaganda crap for so long, than I am at APPLE. But to be clear Apple has really poor support. Time for a change.

I usually don't write reviews, but just want to warn anyone thinking the international guarantee provided by Apple means anything to them. I purchased an iPad pro in London in December 2016 when I was on a business travel. I presently work on an assignment in China. Unfortunately just after I left the UK I found the iPad was defective. A problem with the touchscreen not responding. I returned the iPad to the Apple store in Shanghai as soon as got back, trusting that the international warranty provided would cover this. After very long discussions the best the local store would offer to give me a refurbished iPad in exchange.

I wrote a letter to Apple's head office in the US. After 2 months I got a short standard reply letter telling me to contact the local support (which refused to honour the guarantee in the first instance). So dead end. So two lessons: 1. Apple has a serious issue with quality. This is not the first Apple product I buy that is defective. 2. Apple doesn't care about its customers. It is OK for them to sell a defective product and will at best give you a refurbished unit back in replacement for a unit that never worked. 3. The international warranty is a joke. I left the new iPad Pro in the Shanghai store, told them they can do whatever they want with it. I will never buy any Apple products again. Not for me, not for my kids, not for my future grandchildren. Actually that will save me a lot of money. At least I must thank Apple for that.

Apple India cheats their customers. I had problem in my iPhone speaker and given an authorized servicing center, phone was still under warranty and surprisingly, they charged 25000 to resolve minor speaker issue. They said there was scratch in camera lens so they could not repair speaker issue. I never complained about camera and it was working fine. Spent several hours in talking to different customer care executives and no resolution. Now, my phone is of no use, it is still hanging with service center. Apple India service is extremely fraudulent.

My 16-year old son changed his password for security purposes. The new password failed. He hadn't experienced this before and locked himself out. After waiting 2 weeks I contacted Apple Support. The first Senior Adviser instructed me to send a copy of the receipt and a serial number. She neglected to state that files cannot be sent without a Apple Id. She made arrangements to work on this on a Saturday and to call her. No one responded after 3 hours.

I called and spoke to a new Senior Advisor., uploaded the file and was told everything was good but that the department that fixes such things are not available on weekends. There was no confirmation or communication and I called the next day and spoke to a third Senior Adviser who said the problem could be fixed at an Apple Store and I should have been told about that. He said he would contact the store, an 80 mile round trip for me. There was no phone call, no arrangements for reactivating the phone. On Sunday an email was sent and the phone could be used but all contacts, music etc. was not available until they "finished".

Today, 3/21/2017, I spoke to another Senior Adviser (I am sent to different advisers, I didn't make random phone calls) and was informed that it is now 14 business days before the phone would have all features restored. That will be approximately 5 weeks. The music and apps on the phone are not Apple property and yet there is no way to access or use what has been paid for. Apple Care uses alternative explanations. They used to be a company that represented progress and innovation.

I called to get my security questions reset because I forgot them after 10 years and when I call they ask me if I know my security questions. No, I don't that's why I'm calling. Then they say maybe it's this - maybe it's that? I don't know, it's been 10 years and I'm putting in what I think it is and it's not working. Ok. So they are typing in on their side what they think it is or a combination of what I know it should be and they cannot figure it out either. They cannot verify your identity by address so that's out the window.

They ask for a credit card... And here we go again, it's 10 years down the line. Who is still going to have the same credit card or even credit card number? So I now have lost all of my stuff because they ask me to verify my security questions when I do not know. "Oh I'm sorry sir, please find that credit card and we can unlock it..." Sure thing, I'll go root around the dump looking for a black garbage bag that "could" have chopped up credit card information for myself.

I have been a loyal iPhone user for the past 12 years, until now! I recently updated my iPhone to the iPhone 7. Somehow in the process my updated profile had reverted to an old email address which I no longer had the password for and no longer remembered the security questions for. I called Apple Support the same day I purchased my phone to make them aware of the issue. I remained on the phone 4 hours trying to resolve my problem which they reassured me was not their fault. But since the only place I have a problem is signing into my Apple Account it cannot be an issue from Sprint. After 4 hours on Weds. the 1st I finally talk to a supervisor Ed who assured me he was dedicated to my case and issue (I have never heard from Ed since this phone call).

The next day several phone calls from me and not 1 returned by Apple and I am frustrated!!! But the wonderful Support Team of Apple does not understand that spending so much time on a phone trying to correct their problem while still trying to run my business is not only frustrating but since no one can seem to do anything about my problem it is a waste of my time! An exact week later I call again because no one had called me back as promised. I do talk to someone who again I had to explain my situation to instead of them actually reading my case file which if being written is lengthy. But of course she had not read my case and was leading a very frustrated customer through the same line of questions I had answered many times!!

Now through whatever manipulation they have done my sign in email address was again the same email address I had originally signed up with 12 years ago and still no way to sign in! So I call again today, 2 weeks after updating my phone, I call using the case number given me by Apple for my problem to be worked on and so the next person I talk to from Apple will know my situation, but the agent has not read my file and starts with the same line of questions I have answered many times before which should be in the file you should read before dealing with a frustrated customer. Still no call from my "dedicated person working my case," still not being able to sign in or use my account! 2 weeks to literally change an email address on my profile and it still has not happened! Apple you have lost a customer and his family for life!!

Me and my family are truly loyal to Apple. Unfortunately, one thing that I had experience today just changed my perspective about the company. So I bought iPhones 7plus for my parents as Christmas gift. A few days ago my mom told me her iPhone freezes (unresponsive). I was chatting with one of apple online advisors, we were trying to solve this problem but he wasn't being helpful at all. Suddenly in the middle of chatting the browser quit unexpectedly. When I tried to access the chatting again with my laptop, the 403 Forbidden error displays inside the browser window. I have a feeling that the advisor blocked me, as it works totally fine when I try to access the online chatting with my phone.

I contact Apple support because of a concern I had about requests on my iPhone for verification. After a wait, I was put through to a number that rang out. I was then unable to do anything to contact them to advise of this. What a joke.

Tech Support at Apple is worthless. I used Windows my whole life, and recently changed to a Macintosh system, THIS WAS A MISTAKE... Not only did I have to relearn everything about how to use a computer, but there are an insane amount of glitches and bugs in their applications. Case in point, I have been using TextEdit to record data that was cut and pasted from the internet, much like I used to use Notepad in Windows and at first it was just the same. Unfortunately, last week some time, Apple decided to upgrade my system from Sierra 10.12.2 to 10.12.3, and after that things went south.

Now when I cut and paste text from online, it adopts the font used on the web page and transfers that font to TextEdit whereas in the past the font remained consistent regardless of the font used on the site. This unbelievably frustrating and time consuming as I work from home online, and do not have the time to go through and word for word transpose everything I need to save to avoid the font being set differently. So, I tried to post in the forums, asking for advice, but like all things Apple, the community website has a ton of different requirements in order to post. As a result, I ended up having to contact "Support" (what a joke), to get some assistance.

The agent that I chatted with was named Jonathan, and suggested for me to create a new admin account and then log into it to see if it happened on the new account as well (it did). I did this, and after waiting the eternity it took for the Mac to log into the new account, I came back and Jonathan had ended the chat session because I had not responded for too long. Like he didn't know what I was doing (following his advice). So, I tried to start a new chat session, but it just hung there forever in an infinite loop and would never open a new chat window. As a result, I ended up calling support on the phone, ANOTHER MISTAKE. The phone agent could not answer anything and sounded as though she had the volume turn all the way down. I then went back to try and open a chat session again, and it was the same thing, INFINITE LOOP. I feel like I made a HUGE mistake getting a Mac, and now do not know how to get out of it!!

The back side of my Apple watch started falling off when connected to the charger. A clear defect in manufacturing. When I sent in the product to Apple Support, they refused the repair because there was a scratch in the glass screen. Apple Watch now useless after just a year. Customer satisfaction ZERO. Dear Apple, you have lost a customer for good!

I was using my ipad just last night and it was fine when I try to get on it would let get anything so I call the Apple people to asked help. The person told me that they could take the activation lock off without. They asked me to send a death certificate for mom and court document saying that I'm legal representative of the ipad and I try to the person that I'm legal representative of the ipad. The person told me that I have to court to get court documents saying that I'm legal representative if the ipad then the person don't even try to help me fix the ipad.

Apple Tech Support Company Profile