2. Miscellaneous

Apple Tech Support

Apple Tech Support
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

Apple Tech Support Reviews

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I cannot understand the negative reviews that have appeared on this website. Over ten years ago I switched from Microsoft to Apple and have been very pleased with their desktop and customer service, which I hardly ever require. The negative reviews at this site should be aimed at Microsoft whose support people are off-shore, badly trained, often uninformed, hardly ever helpful and occasionally rude. None of those characteristics apply to Apple Tech Support. In fact, just the opposite. The few times that I have used Apple telephone or chat support, my problem has been solved within minutes by a friendly, supportive, patient and well-informed technical advisor. Apple product quality is so good that tech support is hardly ever needed. Without a doubt, Apple is far superior to Microsoft in technical service and product quality.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

OK, it's not my computer but my daughter's. She uses it a great deal for her business and when it crashed on her at this time of year, it was a major disaster. No nearby Apple certified repair shop near so she took it to a well-recommended repair guy. He did his best but the "computer logic board" was shot: $600 to fix and out of warranty. But what did Apple say? "We'll cover the costs--happy holidays!" I've always found the Genius Bar staff and the online support to be top-notch and so friendly and polite. This clinches it for me--I'll continue to stick with Apple.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The short version of my review: the Geniuses know their stuff, and 90% of the time, work WITH me to solve problems...no talking down to the customer—not that I've found. So... I'm a very old millennial at 67. However, unlike my millennial son and daughter, who take most tech for granted and only scratch the surface, I'm a power user, software designer. I'm also a seasoned sales and customer service learning program developer.

I'm discerning and demanding in the area of customer service. That's because our company has done customer service rep programs that set a new level of performance for one of the "world's largest retailers"...and sales and product learning programs for other, top global brands. I can always teach even seasoned support people how to up their game, but the Apple Geniuses have obviously been held to a very high standard. They understand there's an opportunity to make a happy customer, and to simply help someone who needs it. They're congenial enough that you can talk on almost any subject you want (while you wait for the inevitable next reboot)...6 STARS, from me!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I ordered an iPhone Tuesday night (5 days ago) and have been experiencing difficulties since, including problems with FedEx sending my package to the wrong address. This has been an extremely difficult and stressful process trying to get my phone, calling apple and FedEx back and forth several times in frustration to figure out where my phone was. Every time I called apple they seemed to be more helpful then FedEx whats so ever. Although today I spoke with Qiana, she was by far the most patient with me and the most polite. She took her time the most to work with me, do whatever she could to help resolve this issue. I appreciate her kindness and helpfulness in this situation more than anything.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I called Apple support because I was having trouble setting up my Apple ID on my new iPhone. Damien was so helpful and worked through every possible solution with me until we got it solved! He was very patient and kind while we troubleshooted the issue. Damien and I talked for quite a while and ended up chatting about life and school. He was very funny and insightful! He made my experience very comfortable and fun, and he walked me through every step of the issue I was having. I'm so thankful for Damien and his help - fingers crossed he's my rep the next time I have to call Apple support!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: May 24, 2020

I recently purchased an iPhone on the Apple Card and thought I had purchased it on their 24 month no interest installment plan. Apparently it went through as a regular purchase. I contacted Apple support was told that I would have to physically return the phone I purchased and buy a whole new phone on the installment plan. They could not just switch it over for me. Very disappointed Apple...

Original review: May 23, 2020

I recently bought a new iPad Air 3 from my Sprint provider and discovered it had an intermittent problem with the external microphone in plug. It didn’t always fail, but sometimes, and I wanted it perfect. So I went on Apple’s website and filled out their form. They sent me a box overnight. I put my iPad in it and FedEx picked it up. They shipped it to Apple overnight, and Apple shipped back a new, perfect iPad the day after that. Can’t ask for more. Superb.

Original review: May 21, 2020

The customer service representative need retraining on products specs. I spoke with 3 reps all said something different. I was insulted and hate I’ve pledged my allegiance for so long! There is a difference between customer service and a great customer experience. Amanda ** quoted, "We’re not sending you a FREE charging case because if you find your lost one you would have two." I never request anything FREE. What I ask for was a great customer experience and this was her response after 2 other representatives according to her gave me invalid information (they did dispute what Apple support has online).

I am the customer, I don’t work for Apple hence, I shouldn’t know more accurate product information than someone who is employed with them. She even went further to agree, “you can purchase a set on eBay”. Hence losing any opportunity to up sale another charging case to be purchased from Apple. I’ve spent more than $10k in my lifetime on Apple products for my family; there is no way I should have left his conversation displeased. I should move. Been offered a solution where both the customer and Apple were happy; I am not happy and I declare it. I will not purchase another Apple Product!

Original review: May 16, 2020

Before I have a very good experience with Apple. When I buy from the apple on the store they are very good. But now I cannot go store because of this pandemic so I buy from the one online/on-call. First they send my phone wrong address, even I tell her my address and I did not get the phone after that. I call the apple and she say she change the address but that's not true again. I got a email about my delivery status. My address is wrong again. I call and he say it's change and on a delivery day when I check my status on FedEx they they have to return back my phone to the apple because of the wrong address (only street name incorrect). I am so disappointed with the apple now because I need a phone now. I broke my phone but they don't understand the value. I waste my time to call them and describe them.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I have to post here because the so called 'Moderators' at the Apple Support Communities forums have banned my account for a week, because I had the nerve to not be happy with their HORRIBLE customer support options.... Apparently, you have to be extremely careful when you ask for assistance with Apple's trash products/software, and be certain that you are happy with the terrible service at a price of 3 to 4 times what other companies charge for the same thing....

While I do understand that the current Covid 19 virus is causing issues for many organizations, I do not see this as an excuse for poorly designed/engineered products, and having no way to get any help with something you paid for, without having to first purchase a Support package from Apple. So, the fact that you bought a laptop that cost around $6000, is not enough for them, and they expect more money from you if you want any help with shoddy manufacturing, or bug-infested software.

The first thing they do if you are lucky enough to actually get in touch with a human being, and not an automated robot for help is want to check your warranty to see if you are even worthy to ask them what is wrong. If your warranty has expired, which seems to happen before you get out of the parking lot of the store you purchased from, then you are relegated to a holding queue, which will last until you give up and go away. Your only other option is the Support Communities, which are controlled by a group of 'Moderators' who absolutely LIVE to remove posts, and ban accounts based off of some vague Terms of Use agreement that they just LOVE.... Save yourself some headaches, and don't buy anything from Apple Technology Inc.. Their products are outrageously overpriced, almost never work correctly, and they provide absolutely NOTHING in the way of support for their sweatshop quality junk!!

Apple Tech Support Company Information