1.15/5
Based on 96 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

346 Apple Tech Support Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

What in the blue **!!! Like what the **! I didn't forgot the password!!! Just the freaking security question! Trying to retrieve it and you just say, "Insufficient information to reset your security question." What the **? Seriously? Then it say, "Contact customer support! Guess what?! You don't have one! It doesn't exist! It always says, "We're close right now!" And those ** Apple geniuses my **! They can't do **??! You guys are the worst. You are thieves!!! Once you get the cash you don't offer support at all! Thieves I tell you!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Terrible customer service. I ended up paying for a subscription I did not purchase or authorize. I didn't think Apple would hesitate to refund me for an unauthorized charged but they refused to. They tried to make an excuse by saying I should look at terms and agreement before making a purchase. This would make sense if I actually purchased the subscription. This makes me not want to buy Apple products anymore. It's pretty scummy that they do not want to refund a fraudulent charge considering how much money these ** faces rake in. Pathetic.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

APPLE iCloud holds your private information hostage for 2 1/2 weeks if you forget your password!!! Unbelievable, that they do not give their call center support the ability to change open the account for me! When I complained the tech refused to give me someone else to speak with, refused to give his last name, or tell me what city he was working in (since he wouldn't give me his name) so that I could make a complaint! This is BS!!!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I purchased a pair of AirPods online from Apple in March 2018. By June, the left earbud would not hold a charge. I called Apple support and after they had disconnected me once and I had been on hold for almost an hour, I was offered a new left earbud which they sent to me fairly quickly. I was instructed to return the defective earbud back to Apple (they furnished the packaging and paid the shipping.) If I delayed in sending back the defective part, Apple would charge my credit card for the part. This did not solve the problem so I had to get back on with Apple support for another hour and talk to at least 2 people. They indicated I would get a whole new AirPod package.

Instead, I received 3 separate packages with the charging case in one package; the left earbud in one package; and the right earbud in another package. Again, I shipped the old equipment (in 3 separate packages) back to Apple by June 21. The new AirPods work fine. However, on July 18, I randomly received 2 more packages from Apple with a right earbud and a left earbud in the packages. I again called Apple support and again it took over an hour. I informed them that I didn't ask for these earbuds; I was unable to return them due to work travel for at least 5 days; and that I did not authorize Apple to charge anything to my credit card.

I returned the packages on 7/23. I checked my credit card statement and Apple had charged my card twice for the earbuds. I again called Apple support and was again disconnected and had to spend over an hour dealing with them with no resolution. I also sent several emails as instructed in order for the person who assisted me to return my calls. Again, today, I talked to 2 Apple support folks for over an hour with no resolution. They indicated that they would compensate me in some way for all of the troubles I had had but did not follow through. I finally had to call my credit card company a report the charges as fraud.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I spent about 12 hours on recommendations from Apple support and restoring from backup. Finally today Apple said they could not do anything about it. I consider Apple to be the largest company and I was disappointed with the response from the advisors. Me being an Apple customer for the past 10 years. I found this company who charged me $30 and repaired my corrupt backup online in less than an hour.

I think Apple needs to learn from this small company who is able to solve these issues. If this company can do it, I am sure Apple can do it too. Please make sure to bring it up to your supervisors who can incorporate this change. It will do two things. Apple support spent about 6 hours on the phone with me. For $30 service you can save 6 hours of your time. You will have happy customers who will come an buy your product. I do not know what caused the corruption. I was at a point where I was losing my entire photos from the last 2 years. I was disappointed that Apple was not even giving me a direction of whom I need to go to to solve this. The best they came up with was a BestBuy store which does not do this. If Apple does not incorporate a software like this. I at least recommend you train the support staff to this website who can solve the problem for you. Thank You.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: July 25, 2018

My phone was locked due to an overnight maintenance situation - not my doing. I was on the phone for hours and days with Apple Support trying to get it unlocked but to no luck -- I now have a $750 paperweight -- they said it wasn't theirs - had to be my fault - it's the last piece of crap I buy from Apple. I guess I don't need a ** cellphone - ** the ** from Apple.

Original review: July 22, 2018

So I had to call tech support after a couple months of my Apple ID acting super wonky. First I couldn't get into certain apps, then my phone started getting caught in authentication loops, and finally, I couldn't set up a new device but thankfully Tech Support saved me from all that! I spent an hour or so on the phone with them, and all my issues were resolved as weird, buggy and not as straightforward as they were. The technician, Mike, was phenomenal. He was concise, kind, knowledgeable, patient but also driven to solve the issue. I didn't feel rushed but I also didn't feel like I was being taken in pointless circles.

In the natural downtime that happens during restarts, etc we had an awesome conversation and he talked to me about some features and products I was interested in as well as how to properly use elements of my accounts I was confused by. All around it was a great experience, not sure why the score is so low, I've had good experiences in the past as well but this one was certainly a gold star. Thanks, Mike! My tech is finally feeling talking to each other and little things in my everyday have been improved by it.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I sent in a phone for repair as I only had it for 3 weeks, and I get charged $500 because they are saying there was a physical damage on the phone. I strictly only have Apple products in my house, but that is not going to be the same. Such a big company but their customer service is legit trash.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I work in customer service- and I am appalled at that the way I was spoken to and the lack of empathy from both technicians I called. I spoke to a Tom ** who was literally no help- and told me I needed to drive to an Apple store to get a PIN code. When I advised him I could not do this his response was "Why can't you drive- is the store too far away?" And when I said my children are sleeping and I can't drive there tonight he almost laughed and kept asking why the kids were asleep. When I asked to speak to his supervisor he told me he was the manager and there was no one else to talk to. I asked one more time to speak to his supervisor which he again lied and told me he was the supervisor and no one else would be able to help me, so I would have to talk to him.

When I asked him why it was so difficult to reset my Apple password and gave him an example of how it is an easy process when you forget your password to your email- in a condescending tone told me: "Apple is not Yahoo." No **??? He was extremely argumentative, not listening- and was actually starting to raise his voice to me, which is when I got off the phone. When I called back I got someone else who was also no help but not as aggressive as Tom **. Still this other service rep actually told me to stop crying- when I was trying to explain to him what happened and what I needed help with. I am truly appalled at the service (and Apple is such a big company/you would like they would read these reviews and fix this). This is just embarrassing for the company to have these people represent them.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I absolutely used to love Apple. But recently their customer service has been absolutely terrible, they do not listen to you at all and nonstop argue with you. They refuse to actually fix the problems and are literally useless. Android will definitely have me as a customer from now on.

Original review: July 16, 2018

First... I used to be a diehard Apple support fan. No more. Bought the $160 Air Pods... loved them. I left my charger case sitting in a salon, and it disappeared. Went to Apple Store, was told by the 'genius' you only have to pay $80 for replacement case if you gave serial #... but you have to go directly thru Apple support. I contacted Apple support. After a lllooonggg time it basically came down to a "Nope. We can't do that"... seriously? I will not re buy these. Hostage shopping is not entertaining to me at all. This kind of crushed my former Apple euphoria. I'm off to get online and buy the competitor... after Apple loyalty for years. Customer support that does nothing is useless.

Original review: July 3, 2018

There was no one more into Apple than I. I have been editing video in FCP for 20 years now and have bought at or near 40 systems from Apple so safe to say I was a dedicated, loyal fan. Last week my wife's iMac (15 months since new) had a hard drive failure and I wanted to recover the data. However, Apple will not replace any hardware unless you give them the old hardware, or, keep the item lacking excellence, quality control and longevity and pay for the service regardless of if you are under warranty. The Apple Tech actually told me "I have the option". Really? Is that what Apple considers an "option"?

If I gave the Apple Store the old drive, and while under warranty, all accomplished work would be free of charge; IF THEY KEEP THE OLD DRIVE! So, I asked several people at Waikiki Apple Store to permit me to write a check for the seven hundred dollars it would cost to do the work if I weren't under warranty. I would overnight my drive to California for immediate data recovery (or at least be put out of my misery if data could not be recovered) and upon its return to me, I would bring the hard drive back to the Apple Store, get my check back. Apple could have their broken drives and I could take my repaired computer and all would be fine.

Apple refuses to support this? Why? Because they do not have a "system in place". My question is "why the heck not?" I told the tech they would have the computer in their possession and they would have my check in their possession (or credit info or whatever the lack of customer loyalty, money hungry grubs desired) guaranteeing and securing payment in case I moved to the Congo or to Syria. It's funny, when you call and give your name, they know everything about you.

You'd think that Apple would employ a little discretion, look at your loyalty to them over your lifetime, and throw you a bone and go so far as to even be sympathetic and service their customer. After all, we're talking about customers data; their lives. We aren't talking about a monitor bulb or graphics card or a power supply that does not affect people's keepsakes and memories. By giving discretion to their techs, there wouldn't be any need for a "system". Techs could offer up the solution I proposed regardless of lack of a "system".

I'm at my end with Apple and their proprietary nonsense to keep us all buying chargers and cords and peripherals. We suck it up because we like the product and its media handling ability. We buy the extended warranties. We talk highly of our product and poke fun at our PC computing friends but when we lose our personal data, Apple runs for the hills and takes weak, BS positions like "we don't have a system for that". They certainly have a system for everything else. You walk into an Apple Store and it oozes competency; it secretes confidence and exudes support with all the blue shirts walking around and yet, they don't have a system to support YOU; their lifeblood. WTH!

Boycott Apple. They are getting too big for themselves and they know it. I hate PCs but now I now dislike Apple even more. Unfortunately, I gotta stay with them because it's all I know but if you're on the fence, I'd recommend true plug and play and going with a PC and its open architecture. Closed architecture just keeps Apple rolling in silk and the rest of us hostages. Maybe they should offer a solution like returning our money for Apple Care if they fall short of giving us CARE. BTW, I already asked. It's a "no".

Original review: July 2, 2018

We went to the Apple store in Bellevue WA and we went there to replace an iPad that had a problem with it, they told us we had to make an appointment that took place 3 hours later or schedule a week later, we made the earlier appointment and waited for 3 hours and was sat down at the Genius Bar, (just a long table) we meet with an employee and told us he didn't know about iPads and asked for a tech assistant to help us, I asked him "We waited for 3 hours, how much longer should we wait now?" And he told us "all the other people were waiting for 3 hours, why are you getting so impatient?" in an angry tone.

Later the technician arrived and told us we had to replace it and there was no other option, it would take 5 days to arrive. I was surprised that I had to wait 3 hours to talk to 3 people to replace a single iPad, we could have talked to the people at the front and ordered in 10 minutes. What a terrible company, there was only a handful of people who actually worked while the rest were standing around at the front. Apple is a big company with big problems. Customer Service are just happy people with no knowledge of the work environment.

Original review: June 20, 2018

First off I updated my iPhone 2 days ago to 11.4 (nightmare) and every since that my phone’s battery has been draining quickly and charging slowly! When I called Apple Support I spoke to Joe who was extremely RUDE, unhelpful, tried to get me to pay $29 for some new battery??? And downright unprofessional! He does not need to be working for APPLE period! He advised me he was the head and he was a supervisor and my options was I could call back and speak to someone else or not. I was in disbelief at the tone and rudeness in his voice!

No wonder APPLE has a 1 star rating with consumer reviews and other review sites. These iPhones, iPads, computers, and everything else Apple has cost us consumers too much money to be getting treated so badly when we call in for help when clearly in my cases (and I assume A LOT of others) the new update 11.4 ruined my battery life! I think APPLE does this on purpose as there was a class action against them for this to make people update or get a new phone. I definitely will NOT be dealing with Apple again and may switch over to SAMSUNG! And anybody who’s smart will do the same. Hurt ‘em in their pockets people!

Original review: June 14, 2018

My letter to Apple best describes the nightmare: "I’ve now called Apple support once again and once again I started another account recovery process despite the fact that the first one has not yielded any result what-so-ever. Since, I’ve repeatedly expressed my desire to disassociate myself from Apple completely after having been treated so irresponsibly, but cannot do so without being able to access my account, Apple continues to charge my credit card for my iCloud services which I wish to terminate immediately. I’ve been advised that this represents fraudulent behavior on Apple’s part. In order to avoid having Apple withdraw funds from my account, I’ve contacted my credit card company to block Apple from charging my credit card in this fraudulent manner.

"Moreover, since my credit card company cannot block a withdrawal that is currently pending (only future attempts by Apple), when the current pending withdrawal occurs American Express will dispute that charge with Apple on my behalf. I’ve been assured that any further attempts by Apple to charge my account will be blocked for the next four years. My hope is that this will serve to stop Apple from continuing to harass me and take immediate steps to recover my account so that I can close it. I’m sure you understand that Apple would have left me no choice but to defend myself legally at that point.

"While I don’t expect someone as powerful as Tim Cook to respond to my pleas for help in this manner, I would like to explain why this issue has begun to escalate out of control and why the flawed account recovery process allows for this to occur: I have had an Apple account for many years now. At my previous place of employment, I was issued an Apple iPhone. I used that phone number as my recovery phone number for resetting the password. So, the first problem is that since I turned in that phone when I left my previous employer, I no longer have the phone to receive a code, which would have enabled me to reset the account. Apple’s online recovery offers no way to reset the account password.

"The support personnel have pointed out that I can use my personal iPhone 5, to recover the account. However, that only works if I’ve set a screen lock pin for the phone. I don’t have a pin set for that phone. So, the only option Apple’s process leaves for me is to start the now infamous “recovery process”. This is where things go wrong, because at this point Apple forces the customer to wait for an indefinite amount of time. Support personnel can’t even estimate how long. Meanwhile, I am only able to use my iPhone in a limited way, with constant pop-ups asking for the password. Moreover, apps I’ve purchased can’t be updated, my iCloud subscription can’t be used, etc., and most egregiously, I can’t close my account, end the nightmare, and disassociate myself from Apple, a company I once held in high regard.

"To add insult to injury, Apple continues to charge my credit card account for an iCloud subscription it doesn’t allow me to use. This must not occur and cannot possibly be legal. Moreover still, the process does not allow me to physically present myself at an Apple location with identification to resolve the matter once and for all. This is why I’m pleading for help. Obviously, your flawed process is more important to you than keeping your customers. I understand that now, but you cannot disallow a customer from ending the relationship with Apple. You can’t continue to charge the customer’s credit card when their iCloud account is unusable for weeks and who knows how much longer. This can only be considered a breach of contract. You are cornering and bullying me unnecessarily. Is anyone listening who can help?"

Original review: June 12, 2018

I got an error message stating that I could not save or delete anything to my 36TB Drobo machine. I had tons of space until Time Machine Backup started saving itself to this hard drive instead of the hard drive that I had directed to. I called Apple and after speaking with several Specialist, all they could suggest is that I pull all of the data off of the 36TB Hard Drive and reformatted the entire hard drive. That takes 3 days out my life and I would have to buy another 36TB machine to transfer the data.

This Time Machine software does not work with business needs. It does not properly kick out old files. It does not stick to one hard drive. It overflows to other hard drives and you can't delete the individual files because they put all into one big file that reads "In progress." Finally, you have to transfer all of your files to another big disk and then reformat the old Hard drive to get rid of the 18TB of Time Machine backups.

This is ridiculous. Whoever devised this system does not understand and know how destructive and time-consuming correcting this error in the software is. Not to mention the cost that is involved in correcting the software's mistakes. This software should not be used until they fix these issues. And Apple ought repair these problems for free.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I just got this phone and I don't know the four digit code. Funny how I only have three sets it could be but none work. I call support to reset it and they can't? First Lady says turn phone off then on. Renew your script people. A cons says I have to go to an Apple location on r a computer with some app. If customer service can't reset one code... how good can they be?

Original review: June 2, 2018

My daughter dropped her iPhoneX and it cracked, less than four months. They want almost 300$ to replace the glass! It is a $1000 phone. My loyalty to Apple ended here! RIP Steve Jobs! We deeply miss you. What a joke of a company and customer service!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've been using Apple since I was elementary school. I've had almost exclusively Apple products. In my current iTunes account, I have many songs I purchased over a decade ago with an old Apple ID. I've since updated my Apple ID to my current email address and stored my information in LastPass. Out of the blue, Apple sent me an error message when I tried to play some of my old music -- that my computer wasn't authorized to play the music. I contacted customer care. The woman on the phone told me my investment was lost unless I could remember my old Apple ID. From 13 years ago.

Even though I'd updated my Apple ID many years ago to my current ID. She wasn't the least concerned -- in fact, she expressed a sadistic glee -- that thousands upon thousands of my Apple purchases were now dead because I couldn't remember a piece of information, a single word, I hadn't used in 13 years. There was no other way to verify my ID so I'd lost thousands of dollars worth of data. It doesn't matter that the data is backed up in triplicate. Without the old ID word, it's dead.

Our family won't be EVER purchasing a single thing from Apple, iTunes, or the Apple App Store again. I told the agent, who claimed she was an Apple Support supervisor, but she didn't care, even laughing off my comment. Apple's archaic DRM system and long-periodic ID check system to verify we are who we are is supremely frustrating. And the way they treat their customers responsible for their success is deplorable. By the way, this is EXACTLY the kind of company behavior and policy that sends many otherwise law-abiding citizens to other questionable services.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Called into customer and asked about getting my battery replaced in my iPad Pro. It is out of warranty but I am willing to pay for this service. I told the service rep that I was willing to go to the Apple store which is 180+ miles away but he told me that the Best Buy store in Springfield, OR can do the replacement. I specifically asked if it can be done while I waited and he said yes and that they had an appointment open at 1720 today, 5/29/18. So I drive over to the Best Buy which is 65 miles. Walk into the Geek Squad counter and explained I had an appointment to get my iPad battery replaced and he said they do not do the replacement in the store but they could send it into Apple for me.

Well needless to say I was very mad as I was going to have to drive 120 miles round trip for nothing, wasted 2 1/2 hours of time and $25 in gas. Why was I told a flat out lie. I called to support from the Best Buy store and spoke to another service rep. Said he was sorry but I should have been told to call first to make sure they had the correct battery in stock. I feel Apple should do something to compensate me for this mistake.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Why? Why? Why? Why does Apple care support team first option to troubleshoot iPhone related issues is to reset settings or restore the phone like new without restoring from iCloud. Why is it so complicated to view events like on any Microsoft product to troubleshoot. Why jump right to a nonsense solution like erasing or changing all my settings that I had for years on I’m comfortable with in order to troubleshoot. Of course once you reset everything works fine and they tell you, "Hey we resolved your issue. It’s working now. Probably a bad app on your phone caused it etc." Let me put it this way Apple sucks from A to Z. The Mac computers I’m not even getting there. That’s a whole lawsuit for Apple.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I know that Apple will argue this point, but my iPhone 6 has a restriction pass code that I never set. And no, a mystery person did not get their hands on my phone and set it either. After an iOS update, it just "existed". A quick Google search will show I'm not alone. But Apple sticks to their guns refusing to admit there is an issue. I discovered that fact when contacted the rudest customer service chat agent I've ever encountered. After being rude and unhelpful, she rubbed salt in the wounds by literally "hanging up" on me in chat. It's really hard to remain loyal to a brand when they clearly allow their agents to do as they please. This agent knows the chat transcript was being emailed to me but didn't care... probably because she knows Apple won't do a thing. So, which phone manufacturer has the best customer service? I'm ready for a change.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I did the required upgrade of my iPhone SE software and it broke my phone. After contacting Apple, who really doesn't care about their customers, I received a rote standard reply about Care and their policies. I knew my phone wasn't in warranty, but they didn't care. They have blinders and all the standard BS lines they use to save their bottom line. For them, this giant corporation, it's all about the bottom line, and the customer doesn't matter. I will never buy or recommend another Apple product with this type of noncaring customer service. You can't even talk to anyone in person, they don't want to hear what you have to say, and really don't care about your problem, they already got your money.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have had an Apple phone for some time. I had to establish apple store accounts, iTunes account, and iCloud account. Over time I received many messages wanting me to sign in to each, for what reason I'm not sure even though I hadn't used the accounts or made a purchase. Then I was told my password or account name wasn't correct. I tried to change passwords and/or sign-in name, to no avail. I have contacted Apple support via computer & phone numerous time but can't get past the computer answering machine. No human representative, just a lot of red tape. I can't verify my account information.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have been trying to update my iPad for about a month now. I couldn't because it kept asking for my password, which it said was wrong even though it was the only password I'd ever used for it. I Googled how to do the update, and apparently it shouldn't have even been asking for one because my restrictions weren't enabled. It was recommended to do a soft reset. After I did that, I had to enter my passcode after restarting, except my passcode that I use to log in every day, including a few min earlier, was apparently wrong and my iPad was disabled. I tried several times and eventually called Apple Support. The technician said to take it to an Apple Store, and I was told it could be fixed for no charge. (But 45 min away with 4 kids in tow? No way) so when I said I couldn't he said if I had a computer he could transfer me to a level 5 technician. Ok.

A few min later this "level 5 technician" who sounded exactly the same as the first person I spoke to, asked for my email, and said it was logged into 2 devices at the same time (obviously, because my phone and iPad are both always logged in) so obviously someone hacked into my device to steal my pictures and that's why it was disabled. This happened because I use Gmail and not an Apple email account, according to him. He said he could transfer me to a level 5 technician (umm isn't that what he's supposed to be??) could reset it, and hook me up with some protection plan for a year, for just $149.99. I can't afford that so he offered a 1 time fix for just $99.99. I still couldn't afford it so he said unfortunately without paying for it nothing could be done. When I tried to further ask about what am I supposed to do, he said bye and hung up.

I later called the Apple Store near me to find out what exactly they'd be able to do when I could bring it in, and if there was any way to save the last 2 months or so of pictures that for some reason had not been backing up despite being set up to automatically back up. Unfortunately I could not save my pictures, but this technician, Akin, spent over an hour on the phone with me walking me through a reset at NO charge, and even stayed on to make sure everything was working correctly after the reset. His professionalism, patience, and knowledge brought this up to 2 stars, from what should have been negative stars really. Obviously the first two idiots I spoke to, who were obviously the same idiot, was a liar and a scam artist.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My watch was working perfect. I received a notice I should update, the update broke my watch. I explained to them what happen. They told me even it was out of warranty they will not charge me since the update was the one to mess it up, that I should send it or go to Apple store, that any store will send it for repairs. A week later the store told me to come to pick up, it was fixed. I went. They give to me and told me that it was fix and I don't have to pay. I got home open the nice box they give me, I Removed it out of the protective film and as soon I turn it on, same problem you see here. I call the store and told them it was not fix. They put me on hold for a few minutes and told me that they could not fix it because it has a hardware problem.

I ask what was the hardware problem. They said the technician at Apple would not say. I told them since my watch was working perfect and only after a software update became broken I don't believe them. I ask, "What's broken?" They responded, "We don't know." They said, "But if the software did not do what it was suppose to is a hardware. You should pay $199.00 to fix it or buy a new one." I responded, "Is known you are slowing down Apple phones that the warranty has expired or don't have Apple care extended warranty." Apple update broke my expensive watch. I was Apple customer for many years but today is a good day for all my Apple devices be sold on eBay. GOODBYE APPLE. Samsung here I come. You have a new customer.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I've been having continuous problems with the iPhone 7 headphone port and it has already been replaced once but the problem has occurred once again. I'm attempting to contact Apple support through the chat and on the page it says "Your chat session will begin shortly. We'll be with you in about 2 minutes". Well, I've been sitting on this same page for 30 minutes now. What an absolute joke! I'm convinced now that the chat support doesn't actually exist. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: April 12, 2018

First I would like the iPhone 7 has no value. Phone is slow and don't try to trade it in. Had problems from day one. AppleCare no help (I could send in my phone to AppleCare and wait 2 weeks to get it back). I am not going to stay an Apple customer. There is no benefits. App within the App Store are poor and the good ones you can pay for however I am not going to pay 7.99 a month for an app. Don't care how good it is. At this point I feel like I the Apple customers is here to make people their paychecks and pay for their poorly designed phones and/or operating systems.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I first went to the store where they told me they could do nothing for me after I waited two hours just to speak with someone. I then wrote them on online chat where they disconnected the chat on me three times. I then called the Apple customer service number where they did nothing for me. Just proceeded to tell me my warranty was expired. I then spoke with a supervisor who just told me prices I would need to pay in order for them to help me. Never once offered anything for the horrible customer service. Usually customer service reps go above and beyond to help the customer, not them. They just wanted me off the phone. They cant fix an issue that was not my fault but a manufacturer issue? Never buying an Apple product again, wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Only gave them one star because I had to in order to submit my review.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I bought an iPad mini from a police auction April 4th. When I got it it was Activation Locked, so I called the police auction to see if I could be in contacted with the owner of the iPad. I talked to a Captain ** which told me he couldn't tell me about the case but that it was a homicide case (which told me the guy was dead or in prison). I called Apple to see if they would help and told them everything and that I had proof I bought it. The rep was rude and told me I was out of luck. If this is the kind of service I get I will never own a Apple product again.

Apple Tech Support Company Information

Apple
www.apple.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business