1.14/5
Based on 94 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

331 Apple Tech Support Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

My letter to Apple best describes the nightmare: "I’ve now called Apple support once again and once again I started another account recovery process despite the fact that the first one has not yielded any result what-so-ever. Since, I’ve repeatedly expressed my desire to disassociate myself from Apple completely after having been treated so irresponsibly, but cannot do so without being able to access my account, Apple continues to charge my credit card for my iCloud services which I wish to terminate immediately. I’ve been advised that this represents fraudulent behavior on Apple’s part. In order to avoid having Apple withdraw funds from my account, I’ve contacted my credit card company to block Apple from charging my credit card in this fraudulent manner.

"Moreover, since my credit card company cannot block a withdrawal that is currently pending (only future attempts by Apple), when the current pending withdrawal occurs American Express will dispute that charge with Apple on my behalf. I’ve been assured that any further attempts by Apple to charge my account will be blocked for the next four years. My hope is that this will serve to stop Apple from continuing to harass me and take immediate steps to recover my account so that I can close it. I’m sure you understand that Apple would have left me no choice but to defend myself legally at that point.

"While I don’t expect someone as powerful as Tim Cook to respond to my pleas for help in this manner, I would like to explain why this issue has begun to escalate out of control and why the flawed account recovery process allows for this to occur: I have had an Apple account for many years now. At my previous place of employment, I was issued an Apple iPhone. I used that phone number as my recovery phone number for resetting the password. So, the first problem is that since I turned in that phone when I left my previous employer, I no longer have the phone to receive a code, which would have enabled me to reset the account. Apple’s online recovery offers no way to reset the account password.

"The support personnel have pointed out that I can use my personal iPhone 5, to recover the account. However, that only works if I’ve set a screen lock pin for the phone. I don’t have a pin set for that phone. So, the only option Apple’s process leaves for me is to start the now infamous “recovery process”. This is where things go wrong, because at this point Apple forces the customer to wait for an indefinite amount of time. Support personnel can’t even estimate how long. Meanwhile, I am only able to use my iPhone in a limited way, with constant pop-ups asking for the password. Moreover, apps I’ve purchased can’t be updated, my iCloud subscription can’t be used, etc., and most egregiously, I can’t close my account, end the nightmare, and disassociate myself from Apple, a company I once held in high regard.

"To add insult to injury, Apple continues to charge my credit card account for an iCloud subscription it doesn’t allow me to use. This must not occur and cannot possibly be legal. Moreover still, the process does not allow me to physically present myself at an Apple location with identification to resolve the matter once and for all. This is why I’m pleading for help. Obviously, your flawed process is more important to you than keeping your customers. I understand that now, but you cannot disallow a customer from ending the relationship with Apple. You can’t continue to charge the customer’s credit card when their iCloud account is unusable for weeks and who knows how much longer. This can only be considered a breach of contract. You are cornering and bullying me unnecessarily. Is anyone listening who can help?"

Original review: June 12, 2018

I got an error message stating that I could not save or delete anything to my 36TB Drobo machine. I had tons of space until Time Machine Backup started saving itself to this hard drive instead of the hard drive that I had directed to. I called Apple and after speaking with several Specialist, all they could suggest is that I pull all of the data off of the 36TB Hard Drive and reformatted the entire hard drive. That takes 3 days out my life and I would have to buy another 36TB machine to transfer the data.

This Time Machine software does not work with business needs. It does not properly kick out old files. It does not stick to one hard drive. It overflows to other hard drives and you can't delete the individual files because they put all into one big file that reads "In progress." Finally, you have to transfer all of your files to another big disk and then reformat the old Hard drive to get rid of the 18TB of Time Machine backups.

This is ridiculous. Whoever devised this system does not understand and know how destructive and time-consuming correcting this error in the software is. Not to mention the cost that is involved in correcting the software's mistakes. This software should not be used until they fix these issues. And Apple ought repair these problems for free.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I just got this phone and I don't know the four digit code. Funny how I only have three sets it could be but none work. I call support to reset it and they can't? First Lady says turn phone off then on. Renew your script people. A cons says I have to go to an Apple location on r a computer with some app. If customer service can't reset one code... how good can they be?

Original review: June 2, 2018

My daughter dropped her iPhoneX and it cracked, less than four months. They want almost 300$ to replace the glass! It is a $1000 phone. My loyalty to Apple ended here! RIP Steve Jobs! We deeply miss you. What a joke of a company and customer service!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've been using Apple since I was elementary school. I've had almost exclusively Apple products. In my current iTunes account, I have many songs I purchased over a decade ago with an old Apple ID. I've since updated my Apple ID to my current email address and stored my information in LastPass. Out of the blue, Apple sent me an error message when I tried to play some of my old music -- that my computer wasn't authorized to play the music. I contacted customer care. The woman on the phone told me my investment was lost unless I could remember my old Apple ID. From 13 years ago.

Even though I'd updated my Apple ID many years ago to my current ID. She wasn't the least concerned -- in fact, she expressed a sadistic glee -- that thousands upon thousands of my Apple purchases were now dead because I couldn't remember a piece of information, a single word, I hadn't used in 13 years. There was no other way to verify my ID so I'd lost thousands of dollars worth of data. It doesn't matter that the data is backed up in triplicate. Without the old ID word, it's dead.

Our family won't be EVER purchasing a single thing from Apple, iTunes, or the Apple App Store again. I told the agent, who claimed she was an Apple Support supervisor, but she didn't care, even laughing off my comment. Apple's archaic DRM system and long-periodic ID check system to verify we are who we are is supremely frustrating. And the way they treat their customers responsible for their success is deplorable. By the way, this is EXACTLY the kind of company behavior and policy that sends many otherwise law-abiding citizens to other questionable services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: May 30, 2018

Called into customer and asked about getting my battery replaced in my iPad Pro. It is out of warranty but I am willing to pay for this service. I told the service rep that I was willing to go to the Apple store which is 180+ miles away but he told me that the Best Buy store in Springfield, OR can do the replacement. I specifically asked if it can be done while I waited and he said yes and that they had an appointment open at 1720 today, 5/29/18. So I drive over to the Best Buy which is 65 miles. Walk into the Geek Squad counter and explained I had an appointment to get my iPad battery replaced and he said they do not do the replacement in the store but they could send it into Apple for me.

Well needless to say I was very mad as I was going to have to drive 120 miles round trip for nothing, wasted 2 1/2 hours of time and $25 in gas. Why was I told a flat out lie. I called to support from the Best Buy store and spoke to another service rep. Said he was sorry but I should have been told to call first to make sure they had the correct battery in stock. I feel Apple should do something to compensate me for this mistake.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Why? Why? Why? Why does Apple care support team first option to troubleshoot iPhone related issues is to reset settings or restore the phone like new without restoring from iCloud. Why is it so complicated to view events like on any Microsoft product to troubleshoot. Why jump right to a nonsense solution like erasing or changing all my settings that I had for years on I’m comfortable with in order to troubleshoot. Of course once you reset everything works fine and they tell you, "Hey we resolved your issue. It’s working now. Probably a bad app on your phone caused it etc." Let me put it this way Apple sucks from A to Z. The Mac computers I’m not even getting there. That’s a whole lawsuit for Apple.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I know that Apple will argue this point, but my iPhone 6 has a restriction pass code that I never set. And no, a mystery person did not get their hands on my phone and set it either. After an iOS update, it just "existed". A quick Google search will show I'm not alone. But Apple sticks to their guns refusing to admit there is an issue. I discovered that fact when contacted the rudest customer service chat agent I've ever encountered. After being rude and unhelpful, she rubbed salt in the wounds by literally "hanging up" on me in chat. It's really hard to remain loyal to a brand when they clearly allow their agents to do as they please. This agent knows the chat transcript was being emailed to me but didn't care... probably because she knows Apple won't do a thing. So, which phone manufacturer has the best customer service? I'm ready for a change.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I did the required upgrade of my iPhone SE software and it broke my phone. After contacting Apple, who really doesn't care about their customers, I received a rote standard reply about Care and their policies. I knew my phone wasn't in warranty, but they didn't care. They have blinders and all the standard BS lines they use to save their bottom line. For them, this giant corporation, it's all about the bottom line, and the customer doesn't matter. I will never buy or recommend another Apple product with this type of noncaring customer service. You can't even talk to anyone in person, they don't want to hear what you have to say, and really don't care about your problem, they already got your money.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have had an Apple phone for some time. I had to establish apple store accounts, iTunes account, and iCloud account. Over time I received many messages wanting me to sign in to each, for what reason I'm not sure even though I hadn't used the accounts or made a purchase. Then I was told my password or account name wasn't correct. I tried to change passwords and/or sign-in name, to no avail. I have contacted Apple support via computer & phone numerous time but can't get past the computer answering machine. No human representative, just a lot of red tape. I can't verify my account information.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have been trying to update my iPad for about a month now. I couldn't because it kept asking for my password, which it said was wrong even though it was the only password I'd ever used for it. I Googled how to do the update, and apparently it shouldn't have even been asking for one because my restrictions weren't enabled. It was recommended to do a soft reset. After I did that, I had to enter my passcode after restarting, except my passcode that I use to log in every day, including a few min earlier, was apparently wrong and my iPad was disabled. I tried several times and eventually called Apple Support. The technician said to take it to an Apple Store, and I was told it could be fixed for no charge. (But 45 min away with 4 kids in tow? No way) so when I said I couldn't he said if I had a computer he could transfer me to a level 5 technician. Ok.

A few min later this "level 5 technician" who sounded exactly the same as the first person I spoke to, asked for my email, and said it was logged into 2 devices at the same time (obviously, because my phone and iPad are both always logged in) so obviously someone hacked into my device to steal my pictures and that's why it was disabled. This happened because I use Gmail and not an Apple email account, according to him. He said he could transfer me to a level 5 technician (umm isn't that what he's supposed to be??) could reset it, and hook me up with some protection plan for a year, for just $149.99. I can't afford that so he offered a 1 time fix for just $99.99. I still couldn't afford it so he said unfortunately without paying for it nothing could be done. When I tried to further ask about what am I supposed to do, he said bye and hung up.

I later called the Apple Store near me to find out what exactly they'd be able to do when I could bring it in, and if there was any way to save the last 2 months or so of pictures that for some reason had not been backing up despite being set up to automatically back up. Unfortunately I could not save my pictures, but this technician, Akin, spent over an hour on the phone with me walking me through a reset at NO charge, and even stayed on to make sure everything was working correctly after the reset. His professionalism, patience, and knowledge brought this up to 2 stars, from what should have been negative stars really. Obviously the first two idiots I spoke to, who were obviously the same idiot, was a liar and a scam artist.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My watch was working perfect. I received a notice I should update, the update broke my watch. I explained to them what happen. They told me even it was out of warranty they will not charge me since the update was the one to mess it up, that I should send it or go to Apple store, that any store will send it for repairs. A week later the store told me to come to pick up, it was fixed. I went. They give to me and told me that it was fix and I don't have to pay. I got home open the nice box they give me, I Removed it out of the protective film and as soon I turn it on, same problem you see here. I call the store and told them it was not fix. They put me on hold for a few minutes and told me that they could not fix it because it has a hardware problem.

I ask what was the hardware problem. They said the technician at Apple would not say. I told them since my watch was working perfect and only after a software update became broken I don't believe them. I ask, "What's broken?" They responded, "We don't know." They said, "But if the software did not do what it was suppose to is a hardware. You should pay $199.00 to fix it or buy a new one." I responded, "Is known you are slowing down Apple phones that the warranty has expired or don't have Apple care extended warranty." Apple update broke my expensive watch. I was Apple customer for many years but today is a good day for all my Apple devices be sold on eBay. GOODBYE APPLE. Samsung here I come. You have a new customer.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I've been having continuous problems with the iPhone 7 headphone port and it has already been replaced once but the problem has occurred once again. I'm attempting to contact Apple support through the chat and on the page it says "Your chat session will begin shortly. We'll be with you in about 2 minutes". Well, I've been sitting on this same page for 30 minutes now. What an absolute joke! I'm convinced now that the chat support doesn't actually exist. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: April 12, 2018

First I would like the iPhone 7 has no value. Phone is slow and don't try to trade it in. Had problems from day one. AppleCare no help (I could send in my phone to AppleCare and wait 2 weeks to get it back). I am not going to stay an Apple customer. There is no benefits. App within the App Store are poor and the good ones you can pay for however I am not going to pay 7.99 a month for an app. Don't care how good it is. At this point I feel like I the Apple customers is here to make people their paychecks and pay for their poorly designed phones and/or operating systems.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I first went to the store where they told me they could do nothing for me after I waited two hours just to speak with someone. I then wrote them on online chat where they disconnected the chat on me three times. I then called the Apple customer service number where they did nothing for me. Just proceeded to tell me my warranty was expired. I then spoke with a supervisor who just told me prices I would need to pay in order for them to help me. Never once offered anything for the horrible customer service. Usually customer service reps go above and beyond to help the customer, not them. They just wanted me off the phone. They cant fix an issue that was not my fault but a manufacturer issue? Never buying an Apple product again, wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Only gave them one star because I had to in order to submit my review.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I bought an iPad mini from a police auction April 4th. When I got it it was Activation Locked, so I called the police auction to see if I could be in contacted with the owner of the iPad. I talked to a Captain ** which told me he couldn't tell me about the case but that it was a homicide case (which told me the guy was dead or in prison). I called Apple to see if they would help and told them everything and that I had proof I bought it. The rep was rude and told me I was out of luck. If this is the kind of service I get I will never own a Apple product again.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have a MacBook Pro laptop that I have been using now for a little over a year and a half, thus it is out of warranty, but I had a question that I needed an answer to, so I went to their so called 'Chat Support'. After answering an endless plethora of questions, I got to a screen that said 'Chat will start shortly - Agent will be with you in about 2 minutes'. This was a lie, as I left the room, and came back 40 minutes later, and it still said that same thing. Is Apple confused about how long 2 minutes is, or are they just trying not to be helpful?? I do not know honestly, but I ended up having to contact them by phone, and the agent on the phone said there was no problems with chat that she could see, and helped me with my question. Still, they left me sitting there forever waiting for a chat session, all the while claiming that it would only be 'about 2 minutes'!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I’ve called three times over the past 5 days. Each time I was on hold for greater than 20 min. One time I was watching TV and forgot about it. Picked up my phone 47 min later...yup you guessed it...still on hold. Guess when they make that much money in cash reserves customer service goes out the proverbial window!

Original review: April 7, 2018

My iPad was indicating I needed an update. I was having trouble logging in to the account I had to update. I contacted Apple via the 800#. Very short wait. However because I wouldn’t provide him with a credit card number he would not help. I’ve never been asked for this info before. He insisted I had to. I hung up and fixed it myself.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I reset my password and in order to go to your account page you have to answer two security questions. Answered the questions. It wouldn't let me go further even though I answered the questions correctly. I know who my best friend was in high school and I know what damn street I grew up on. I checked each letter in my response answers and I didn't see where I misspelled anything. I called Support and she told me there was nothing she could do. She then said in 8 hours call security support in 8 hours so until then I can't get into my account.

Seriously, I have to call them after being inconvenienced? Why in the hell do I have to wait 8 hours to call them? She even asked why did I need to get into my account and I answered because I want to. What in the hell business of hers to question me why I need to get in my account. Why in the hell do I have to wait 8 hours to call these fools? If support can't resolve something simple like resetting security questions then why have support at all. I was going to buy an iPhone 10 Friday but forget it. I'm done with their products; their pain in the ass account system and their worthless customer service and support.

Original review: April 4, 2018

If I can give them a zero I would. Their product malfunction but wants you to pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed. When it’s their fault it happened in the first place. I’m most definitely switching back to Samsung because every time I have a problem they would go out of their way to fix it especially if it was their product that malfunctioned. My whole family will also be switching.

Original review: March 31, 2018

My Beats X headphones developed a torn “ear wing” that need to be replaced. The ear wing is the rubber piece that sits in the ear (not eardrum) to keep the earphones in place while exercising. I went to the Apple Store to purchase a replacement. Unfortunately, they don’t sell replacements. The Apple employee checked the serial number and determined they were under warranty. He took them from me and shipped them to the Apple service center.

A few days later I received my earphones and they were still broken. A letter was included stating they ran diagnostics on them and found nothing wrong with them. I called Apple and spoke with a representative. She seemed to understand my problem, and I even emailed photos to her to make sure she absolutely understood the issue. She saw the photos and said she would resolve the matter. I sent the earphones back to Apple and they were returned to me STILL BROKEN. I have since left voicemails and emails with this representative that have gone unanswered. Since replacement parts are not available and Apple can’t make things right, I had to resort to using Krazy Glue in an attempt to fix them myself. I will never buy another Apple product, period.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I called Apple about my daughter's iPhone 5c. She got an iPhone 6 and forgot to delete the iCloud of the 5, so now we can't get into the phone because she forgot the iCloud password. I told them I had heard they can give me a temporary password to get into the phone and delete the old iCloud. Very rudely they told me they don't do that and that the person who told me that was very wrong. So I asked if my daughter could answer the security questions on her account. Again very rude and almost yelling, they told me they don't do that because they don't know that the phone is actually ours and that the phone could be stolen.

They want me to contact Amazon, which is where I bought the phone 2 years ago and get a receipt and then they would unlock the phone. Overall they are ** who can unlock your phone over a phone call but are unwilling to do that. Please if anyone has any trouble with their iPhone don't contact support because they'll just give you the runaround and be very to you.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have tried several times to reset the password on my account. The password that I was using wouldn't work anymore. So I called Customer Support today to see if I could get some assistance. The first person I spoke to was very nice but not very helpful - apparently a lower level Customer Support. He transferred me to his advisor who was rude, condescending, and kept interrupting me when I tried to explain what was going on. After deciding that he had no interest in helping me, he only wanted to explain why he couldn't help me. I hung up on him and call back requesting to speak to a supervisor.

After being on hold for 15 minutes, I spoke with someone else who also spent most of the time explaining that they were unable to reset my password and if there are two factor identification didn't work that I was just out of luck because they didn't have the ability to fix that for me. So apparently Apple support feels like they're too good to help their customers but are not at all good because they can't do what most companies can do.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Back in January 2018, I called Apple support due to slow default apps on my phone. I was told I need to get the battery upgraded after running test. I was also told the battery would not be in until late March 2018. I received a call to inform the battery was in the first week of March and I did a drop-off on March 8th in Oakbrook, IL with an excellent condition phone, fully working phone. I paid $31.18. I received it back without the transmitter working and 41% charged battery. I reached out to Apple support and was given an appt. to go to the Lincoln Park store on March 16th to have it repaired. After much wait and paid for parking twice, $12.00, I was returned a BROKEN PHONE by Austin around 1:01 p.m. During our dialogue of the solution, Austin said he was going to get me a NEW iPhone 7 plus for the inconveniences. (They did not properly follow protocol to confirm they had the part in prior to breaking my phone).

I repeated back for a confirmation and he said, “Yes we will be getting you a new iPhone 7 plus.” Austin said I had to go to the Magnificent Mile store to pick it up, (which was a larger inconvenience for me to get there). I requested to speak to a manager to learn why I am being further inconvenienced to get my phone and he got Daious, appearing apathetic, stating that I must go to Magnificent Mile to get an iPhone 6s plus to replace the phone they broke (iPhone 6 plus). I told him what Austin told me I will receive (new iPhone 7 plus) and he told me that was not what I will be receiving. I asked him to contact corporate and he told me no, I can call corporate if I like. (THEY BROKE MY PHONE which had NO display to make a call).

I told Daious, “You guys broke my phone to make it non-functional and now you send me out of here with no communications, these are not options I agree with” and I like him to give me a new phone from his location and he said "That's not going to happen and if I leave with the broken phone, he will no longer assist me". Daious also admitted his techs did not follow protocol before taking in the phone to repair and he will deal with that on the back end. I told him to give me a printed work order of what they done and the useless phone they broke and I am leaving. (He took 20 minutes and I had to send another store manager to seek him).

I left out came home and called Ava at corporate and emailed her about the problem and she contacted Lincoln Park and Magnificent mile store. She said she is not sure she can get me an iPhone 7 Plus but she should be able to get the iPhone 6s plus and a wallet and privacy screen (to replace the one I had and just repurchased) $26.45. Ava confirmed there will be an iPhone 6s plus waiting for me at Magnificent Mile. After getting assistance to get there and sending a family in (due to no parking). They return with a phone wrapped in plastic. I get it home late night to hurry and get my data restored and run the serial number only to learn I have a 6 Plus (NO UPGRADE). I emailed Ava to tell her of my frustrations and deceptions and she responded back I was supposed to receive an upgrade and she was sorry.

After going to Old Orchard location about people not hearing me talk I bring up my reimbursement for my battery I paid in the broken phone and they took all of 30 minutes to convince me it was new and avoiding putting it in writing until I insisted several times after they said they can't do anything more to help my situation at Lincoln Park store (Gus-Tech, and Rebecca -Team Lead). After several communications and escalations with corporate, Michael was involved on 3/25/18 and told him I wanted him to investigate this whole ordeal and return my call on 3/26/2018. I talked to him on 3/26/2018 and he told me since there was no documentation about the upgrade and the store personnel said I misunderstood, there is nothing more he can do for my case. I have proof an upgrade was supposed to be honored and I feel this was deliberate to get me to purchase a new iPhone.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Apple is an arrogant company intoxicated by their own success. Example 1. My wife walks in to an iStore as a cash buyer for their top of the range iPhone X. She wants a rose gold phone. "Sorry we don't have stock, you can have either a silver, white or black". Totally disinterested staff. No: "Let's see if we can locate one from another store" - no, that was far too much effort! "You, Mrs customer are so "lucky" that we supply you whatever we happen to have in stock. We are the GREAT APPLE COMPANY - you are just a palooka madam." At least this was the impression they managed to convey. My wife walked out and bought the top end Sony where the Sony staff could not have been more helpful and obliging.

Example 2. I have a iPhone 6S which I acquired 2nd hand. I needed help setting up the emails. I went to the iStore at the Mall of Africa in South Africa. I had to queue outside the store. Eventually someone speaks to me and enquires what I want. I am told I have to "book an appointment" to see a technician. The first appointment available is in 5 days time! I make the appointment and arrive on the due date and am told by the technician that there will be a $20 charge as I am not the original purchaser! I suggested that he, and Apple, took a "sexual departure" and I left the store! I got free help elsewhere but not from Apple.

Example 3. I am now in Alexandria, Washington DC and I visit the iStore there as I was having issues with battery life and I have read that due to a class action in the USA, Apple have been obliged/forced to replace batteries on their older models at a reasonable price - and I now want my reasonably priced new battery. I queue outside the store (deja vu!) and eventually I am allowed in and I speak to the "reception committee" who tell me I need to make an appointment to be seen by a technician (sound familiar??) and I get an appointment in 2 hours time (+-3 pm).

Instead of going home and coming back we hang around the Mall doing shopping. Oh dear horrors!! I miss the appointed time by 15 minutes!! "Oh dear, big problem, you've missed your slot! You will have to hang around and we'll see if we can fit you in." We hang around the shop for 1 hour and are eventually seen. Some tests are done and I'm told I still have 75% battery life so I must go away and come back when it gets worse. The time is now 6 pm. I first arrived at the iStore just before 1 pm. 5 hours of my time to get what really should have taken maybe 15 minutes... Apple treat their customers like cattle (or worse).

My daughter who lives in the USA was with me and she said this experience was enough to cure her of any urge to ever own an Apple product. You had better believe that this is the first and last Apple product I will ever own. I have found nothing that my iPhone can do which other high end smartphones can't do. But, I have found what my iPhone CAN'T DO which my old Sharp could do and that is speed text where you don't lift your finger off the screen but just slide between the letters. It's so much faster and nicer! Apple need to play a bit of catch up!! You are not quite as clever as you seem to think you are...

Original review: March 25, 2018

I've been an Apple customer since about 5 years and today I can say that I will never purchase another iPhone again. My iPhone 7+ had water damage and I went in for a repair... no problem. These things happen. I was ready for a fee to be paid for a new one. My wife's iPhone X had a cracked screen PLUS APPLE CARE.... APPLE CARE. I understood there their might be a small fee as well cause that is just how the world works nowadays (companies that have 200 billion stored in the bank need small fees to keep them running). Well anyways I go to fix both of our phones and I had to pay 375 to fix mine. I didn't have Apple Care so no problem. I go to fix my wife's phone that has Apple Care and I get slapped with a 570 dollar bill....

100 dollars for Apple Care suddenly evolved to an arm eating monster of 570. Well technically 670 since I already paid 100 for Apple Care. The kind lady who is just following orders tells me there is nothing she can do and she won't reason with me that that is what Apple Care is for. She was just doing her job. I'm not against her; I'm against a company who is false advertising a service they claim as warranty. Stop being cheap Apple. Your phone cost 1200 for the same "phone" every 6 months and then you have the audacity to raise your price on fixing a phone that on Apple Care to nearly half the price of the phone... and you smile while asking for it. CHEAPEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!!

Original review: March 24, 2018

I have an iPhone X two months old. It got exposed to some water last night. Not too much but enough apparently to break it. If you look online there is all this talk the iPhone X is water resistant. I went into the Apple shop as my phone is under warranty but as water was detected they are not helping. I’m now stuck with paying off this phone for 22 months. We don’t have a phone at all so need to get something to use for the next 22 months. They just didn’t care?? So needless to say I’m pulling myself and my whole family and as many people as possible into anti-Apple. Unbelievable what happen today. This phone was my daughter's pride and joy. And Apple just stood there and told her that she is now phoneless for almost 2 years? Never again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

So, on February 11th, I broke my iPhone. I wasn't upset, these things happen, it's a phone and my own clumsiness. Because the screen was broken beyond me being able to do anything with the device, I went to contact Apple support to use the Applecare I pay for on my phone and since then I've been spun in a circle, been told there's very little they can do, and still don't have a phone. When I bought my phone/AppleCare, I was told I could receive a new phone and then just send in my old one, a process that would take just a few days. So when I went online to access this feature, I couldn't log-in to my Apple account because suddenly I now needed a double authentication on my account. After a good hour of trying to navigate Apple's support site, I FINALLY was able to chat with a rep, who ended up just sending me to all the same links that I had said were not working.

The next day I, on my work's landline, tried to fix this issue through their phone service and the rep's response was basically, "We need to authenticate your account through a code that can only be sent to a phone," and that I should just borrow someone's (which is impossible because all of my friends and family own androids and honestly, I will too soon). So after three weeks of round-about, you can't fix your phone because you broke conversations. I was finally able to borrow a phone from the phone service provider and get the code and TEMPORARILY access my account, where I paid for what I thought the damage was (screen repair) and arranged for pick up. Today, over a week since I sent in the phone, I went to check on its repair status and once again couldn't log into my account.

So again I contacted support, once again I was sent to all the same links that require access to your phone to authenticate your account and after almost an hour they were finally able to tell me the status of my phone and I need more repairs and thus need to pay more for repairs and the only way to set this up is through the account I cannot access because I don't have my phone or through a telephone call with a rep who probably won't be able to help again (we'll see in the morning when I can go to a payphone). (Oh and the notice that I needed these additional repairs/to pay these additional fees was sent to the account that through multiple calls and chats, I've established I cannot access because I can't complete the authentication, so had I not contacted them, they would just have my phone forever and I'd never get any help.)

Honestly, I've always been a big Apple fan, I work in a Mac suite for my job and have all Apple devices, but this process has been enough to make me switch... Since, I started I've been redirected, turned in circles, told to drive to the nearest Apple store (4 hours away) and overall don't haven't been helped because I can't fix my phone because I broke it... What a ridiculous system.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I’m not one to complain, but Apple repair is a joke. After my son cracked his new iPhone 7 screen, I went online and scheduled an appointment at the Apple store in Johnson City, clicking on the option to repair a cracked screen, so they knew what it was for. Then, after driving over an hour to the store, we’re informed they can’t replace screens there, that we’ll have to go to the Knoxville store. I asked why I was allowed to make an appointment for that when they don’t even do it and he said that happens all the time. Really? Well, maybe they don’t need to make appointments available for services they don’t even do.

After wasting an entire afternoon, we made another appointment in Knoxville for another day. After, once again, driving an hour and then waiting another hour for them to fix my son’s phone, which only made the damage worse, we’re told they can’t replace it because of a small dent on the corner, which wasn’t even noticeable until the tech pointed it out. They suggested replacing it or buying another phone, which we refused to do and left.

The screen continued to get worse, to the point a new phone was inevitable, so we decided to try one of those random screen repair kiosks at the mall, since it couldn’t hurt anything, at this point, and he was able to replace it in ten minutes. (TEN MINUTES!) Yes, it cost $85, but it looks brand new again… and much cheaper than a new one. I don’t know if this is something Apple usually does so you’ll buy a new phone, but how can the actual maker of the phone not be able to replace a screen and some random guy at a kiosk can? Seems a bit odd, wouldn’t you say?

Apple Tech Support Company Information