1.18/5

Last updated: April 12, 2018

318 Apple Tech Support Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 12, 2018

First I would like the iPhone 7 has no value. Phone is slow and don't try to trade it in. Had problems from day one. AppleCare no help (I could send in my phone to AppleCare and wait 2 weeks to get it back). I am not going to stay an Apple customer. There is no benefits. App within the App Store are poor and the good ones you can pay for however I am not going to pay 7.99 a month for an app. Don't care how good it is. At this point I feel like I the Apple customers is here to make people their paychecks and pay for their poorly designed phones and/or operating systems.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I first went to the store where they told me they could do nothing for me after I waited two hours just to speak with someone. I then wrote them on online chat where they disconnected the chat on me three times. I then called the Apple customer service number where they did nothing for me. Just proceeded to tell me my warranty was expired. I then spoke with a supervisor who just told me prices I would need to pay in order for them to help me. Never once offered anything for the horrible customer service. Usually customer service reps go above and beyond to help the customer, not them. They just wanted me off the phone. They cant fix an issue that was not my fault but a manufacturer issue? Never buying an Apple product again, wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Only gave them one star because I had to in order to submit my review.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous & Personal Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I bought an iPad mini from a police auction April 4th. When I got it it was Activation Locked, so I called the police auction to see if I could be in contacted with the owner of the iPad. I talked to a Captain ** which told me he couldn't tell me about the case but that it was a homicide case (which told me the guy was dead or in prison). I called Apple to see if they would help and told them everything and that I had proof I bought it. The rep was rude and told me I was out of luck. If this is the kind of service I get I will never own a Apple product again.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have a MacBook Pro laptop that I have been using now for a little over a year and a half, thus it is out of warranty, but I had a question that I needed an answer to, so I went to their so called 'Chat Support'. After answering an endless plethora of questions, I got to a screen that said 'Chat will start shortly - Agent will be with you in about 2 minutes'. This was a lie, as I left the room, and came back 40 minutes later, and it still said that same thing. Is Apple confused about how long 2 minutes is, or are they just trying not to be helpful?? I do not know honestly, but I ended up having to contact them by phone, and the agent on the phone said there was no problems with chat that she could see, and helped me with my question. Still, they left me sitting there forever waiting for a chat session, all the while claiming that it would only be 'about 2 minutes'!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I’ve called three times over the past 5 days. Each time I was on hold for greater than 20 min. One time I was watching TV and forgot about it. Picked up my phone 47 min later...yup you guessed it...still on hold. Guess when they make that much money in cash reserves customer service goes out the proverbial window!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: April 7, 2018

My iPad was indicating I needed an update. I was having trouble logging in to the account I had to update. I contacted Apple via the 800#. Very short wait. However because I wouldn’t provide him with a credit card number he would not help. I’ve never been asked for this info before. He insisted I had to. I hung up and fixed it myself.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I reset my password and in order to go to your account page you have to answer two security questions. Answered the questions. It wouldn't let me go further even though I answered the questions correctly. I know who my best friend was in high school and I know what damn street I grew up on. I checked each letter in my response answers and I didn't see where I misspelled anything. I called Support and she told me there was nothing she could do. She then said in 8 hours call security support in 8 hours so until then I can't get into my account.

Seriously, I have to call them after being inconvenienced? Why in the hell do I have to wait 8 hours to call them? She even asked why did I need to get into my account and I answered because I want to. What in the hell business of hers to question me why I need to get in my account. Why in the hell do I have to wait 8 hours to call these fools? If support can't resolve something simple like resetting security questions then why have support at all. I was going to buy an iPhone 10 Friday but forget it. I'm done with their products; their pain in the ass account system and their worthless customer service and support.

Original review: April 4, 2018

If I can give them a zero I would. Their product malfunction but wants you to pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed. When it’s their fault it happened in the first place. I’m most definitely switching back to Samsung because every time I have a problem they would go out of their way to fix it especially if it was their product that malfunctioned. My whole family will also be switching.

Original review: March 31, 2018

My Beats X headphones developed a torn “ear wing” that need to be replaced. The ear wing is the rubber piece that sits in the ear (not eardrum) to keep the earphones in place while exercising. I went to the Apple Store to purchase a replacement. Unfortunately, they don’t sell replacements. The Apple employee checked the serial number and determined they were under warranty. He took them from me and shipped them to the Apple service center.

A few days later I received my earphones and they were still broken. A letter was included stating they ran diagnostics on them and found nothing wrong with them. I called Apple and spoke with a representative. She seemed to understand my problem, and I even emailed photos to her to make sure she absolutely understood the issue. She saw the photos and said she would resolve the matter. I sent the earphones back to Apple and they were returned to me STILL BROKEN. I have since left voicemails and emails with this representative that have gone unanswered. Since replacement parts are not available and Apple can’t make things right, I had to resort to using Krazy Glue in an attempt to fix them myself. I will never buy another Apple product, period.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I called Apple about my daughter's iPhone 5c. She got an iPhone 6 and forgot to delete the iCloud of the 5, so now we can't get into the phone because she forgot the iCloud password. I told them I had heard they can give me a temporary password to get into the phone and delete the old iCloud. Very rudely they told me they don't do that and that the person who told me that was very wrong. So I asked if my daughter could answer the security questions on her account. Again very rude and almost yelling, they told me they don't do that because they don't know that the phone is actually ours and that the phone could be stolen.

They want me to contact Amazon, which is where I bought the phone 2 years ago and get a receipt and then they would unlock the phone. Overall they are ** who can unlock your phone over a phone call but are unwilling to do that. Please if anyone has any trouble with their iPhone don't contact support because they'll just give you the runaround and be very to you.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have tried several times to reset the password on my account. The password that I was using wouldn't work anymore. So I called Customer Support today to see if I could get some assistance. The first person I spoke to was very nice but not very helpful - apparently a lower level Customer Support. He transferred me to his advisor who was rude, condescending, and kept interrupting me when I tried to explain what was going on. After deciding that he had no interest in helping me, he only wanted to explain why he couldn't help me. I hung up on him and call back requesting to speak to a supervisor.

After being on hold for 15 minutes, I spoke with someone else who also spent most of the time explaining that they were unable to reset my password and if there are two factor identification didn't work that I was just out of luck because they didn't have the ability to fix that for me. So apparently Apple support feels like they're too good to help their customers but are not at all good because they can't do what most companies can do.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Back in January 2018, I called Apple support due to slow default apps on my phone. I was told I need to get the battery upgraded after running test. I was also told the battery would not be in until late March 2018. I received a call to inform the battery was in the first week of March and I did a drop-off on March 8th in Oakbrook, IL with an excellent condition phone, fully working phone. I paid $31.18. I received it back without the transmitter working and 41% charged battery. I reached out to Apple support and was given an appt. to go to the Lincoln Park store on March 16th to have it repaired. After much wait and paid for parking twice, $12.00, I was returned a BROKEN PHONE by Austin around 1:01 p.m. During our dialogue of the solution, Austin said he was going to get me a NEW iPhone 7 plus for the inconveniences. (They did not properly follow protocol to confirm they had the part in prior to breaking my phone).

I repeated back for a confirmation and he said, “Yes we will be getting you a new iPhone 7 plus.” Austin said I had to go to the Magnificent Mile store to pick it up, (which was a larger inconvenience for me to get there). I requested to speak to a manager to learn why I am being further inconvenienced to get my phone and he got Daious, appearing apathetic, stating that I must go to Magnificent Mile to get an iPhone 6s plus to replace the phone they broke (iPhone 6 plus). I told him what Austin told me I will receive (new iPhone 7 plus) and he told me that was not what I will be receiving. I asked him to contact corporate and he told me no, I can call corporate if I like. (THEY BROKE MY PHONE which had NO display to make a call).

I told Daious, “You guys broke my phone to make it non-functional and now you send me out of here with no communications, these are not options I agree with” and I like him to give me a new phone from his location and he said "That's not going to happen and if I leave with the broken phone, he will no longer assist me". Daious also admitted his techs did not follow protocol before taking in the phone to repair and he will deal with that on the back end. I told him to give me a printed work order of what they done and the useless phone they broke and I am leaving. (He took 20 minutes and I had to send another store manager to seek him).

I left out came home and called Ava at corporate and emailed her about the problem and she contacted Lincoln Park and Magnificent mile store. She said she is not sure she can get me an iPhone 7 Plus but she should be able to get the iPhone 6s plus and a wallet and privacy screen (to replace the one I had and just repurchased) $26.45. Ava confirmed there will be an iPhone 6s plus waiting for me at Magnificent Mile. After getting assistance to get there and sending a family in (due to no parking). They return with a phone wrapped in plastic. I get it home late night to hurry and get my data restored and run the serial number only to learn I have a 6 Plus (NO UPGRADE). I emailed Ava to tell her of my frustrations and deceptions and she responded back I was supposed to receive an upgrade and she was sorry.

After going to Old Orchard location about people not hearing me talk I bring up my reimbursement for my battery I paid in the broken phone and they took all of 30 minutes to convince me it was new and avoiding putting it in writing until I insisted several times after they said they can't do anything more to help my situation at Lincoln Park store (Gus-Tech, and Rebecca -Team Lead). After several communications and escalations with corporate, Michael was involved on 3/25/18 and told him I wanted him to investigate this whole ordeal and return my call on 3/26/2018. I talked to him on 3/26/2018 and he told me since there was no documentation about the upgrade and the store personnel said I misunderstood, there is nothing more he can do for my case. I have proof an upgrade was supposed to be honored and I feel this was deliberate to get me to purchase a new iPhone.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Apple is an arrogant company intoxicated by their own success. Example 1. My wife walks in to an iStore as a cash buyer for their top of the range iPhone X. She wants a rose gold phone. "Sorry we don't have stock, you can have either a silver, white or black". Totally disinterested staff. No: "Let's see if we can locate one from another store" - no, that was far too much effort! "You, Mrs customer are so "lucky" that we supply you whatever we happen to have in stock. We are the GREAT APPLE COMPANY - you are just a palooka madam." At least this was the impression they managed to convey. My wife walked out and bought the top end Sony where the Sony staff could not have been more helpful and obliging.

Example 2. I have a iPhone 6S which I acquired 2nd hand. I needed help setting up the emails. I went to the iStore at the Mall of Africa in South Africa. I had to queue outside the store. Eventually someone speaks to me and enquires what I want. I am told I have to "book an appointment" to see a technician. The first appointment available is in 5 days time! I make the appointment and arrive on the due date and am told by the technician that there will be a $20 charge as I am not the original purchaser! I suggested that he, and Apple, took a "sexual departure" and I left the store! I got free help elsewhere but not from Apple.

Example 3. I am now in Alexandria, Washington DC and I visit the iStore there as I was having issues with battery life and I have read that due to a class action in the USA, Apple have been obliged/forced to replace batteries on their older models at a reasonable price - and I now want my reasonably priced new battery. I queue outside the store (deja vu!) and eventually I am allowed in and I speak to the "reception committee" who tell me I need to make an appointment to be seen by a technician (sound familiar??) and I get an appointment in 2 hours time (+-3 pm).

Instead of going home and coming back we hang around the Mall doing shopping. Oh dear horrors!! I miss the appointed time by 15 minutes!! "Oh dear, big problem, you've missed your slot! You will have to hang around and we'll see if we can fit you in." We hang around the shop for 1 hour and are eventually seen. Some tests are done and I'm told I still have 75% battery life so I must go away and come back when it gets worse. The time is now 6 pm. I first arrived at the iStore just before 1 pm. 5 hours of my time to get what really should have taken maybe 15 minutes... Apple treat their customers like cattle (or worse).

My daughter who lives in the USA was with me and she said this experience was enough to cure her of any urge to ever own an Apple product. You had better believe that this is the first and last Apple product I will ever own. I have found nothing that my iPhone can do which other high end smartphones can't do. But, I have found what my iPhone CAN'T DO which my old Sharp could do and that is speed text where you don't lift your finger off the screen but just slide between the letters. It's so much faster and nicer! Apple need to play a bit of catch up!! You are not quite as clever as you seem to think you are...

Original review: March 25, 2018

I've been an Apple customer since about 5 years and today I can say that I will never purchase another iPhone again. My iPhone 7+ had water damage and I went in for a repair... no problem. These things happen. I was ready for a fee to be paid for a new one. My wife's iPhone X had a cracked screen PLUS APPLE CARE.... APPLE CARE. I understood there their might be a small fee as well cause that is just how the world works nowadays (companies that have 200 billion stored in the bank need small fees to keep them running). Well anyways I go to fix both of our phones and I had to pay 375 to fix mine. I didn't have Apple Care so no problem. I go to fix my wife's phone that has Apple Care and I get slapped with a 570 dollar bill....

100 dollars for Apple Care suddenly evolved to an arm eating monster of 570. Well technically 670 since I already paid 100 for Apple Care. The kind lady who is just following orders tells me there is nothing she can do and she won't reason with me that that is what Apple Care is for. She was just doing her job. I'm not against her; I'm against a company who is false advertising a service they claim as warranty. Stop being cheap Apple. Your phone cost 1200 for the same "phone" every 6 months and then you have the audacity to raise your price on fixing a phone that on Apple Care to nearly half the price of the phone... and you smile while asking for it. CHEAPEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!!

Original review: March 24, 2018

I have an iPhone X two months old. It got exposed to some water last night. Not too much but enough apparently to break it. If you look online there is all this talk the iPhone X is water resistant. I went into the Apple shop as my phone is under warranty but as water was detected they are not helping. I’m now stuck with paying off this phone for 22 months. We don’t have a phone at all so need to get something to use for the next 22 months. They just didn’t care?? So needless to say I’m pulling myself and my whole family and as many people as possible into anti-Apple. Unbelievable what happen today. This phone was my daughter's pride and joy. And Apple just stood there and told her that she is now phoneless for almost 2 years? Never again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

So, on February 11th, I broke my iPhone. I wasn't upset, these things happen, it's a phone and my own clumsiness. Because the screen was broken beyond me being able to do anything with the device, I went to contact Apple support to use the Applecare I pay for on my phone and since then I've been spun in a circle, been told there's very little they can do, and still don't have a phone. When I bought my phone/AppleCare, I was told I could receive a new phone and then just send in my old one, a process that would take just a few days. So when I went online to access this feature, I couldn't log-in to my Apple account because suddenly I now needed a double authentication on my account. After a good hour of trying to navigate Apple's support site, I FINALLY was able to chat with a rep, who ended up just sending me to all the same links that I had said were not working.

The next day I, on my work's landline, tried to fix this issue through their phone service and the rep's response was basically, "We need to authenticate your account through a code that can only be sent to a phone," and that I should just borrow someone's (which is impossible because all of my friends and family own androids and honestly, I will too soon). So after three weeks of round-about, you can't fix your phone because you broke conversations. I was finally able to borrow a phone from the phone service provider and get the code and TEMPORARILY access my account, where I paid for what I thought the damage was (screen repair) and arranged for pick up. Today, over a week since I sent in the phone, I went to check on its repair status and once again couldn't log into my account.

So again I contacted support, once again I was sent to all the same links that require access to your phone to authenticate your account and after almost an hour they were finally able to tell me the status of my phone and I need more repairs and thus need to pay more for repairs and the only way to set this up is through the account I cannot access because I don't have my phone or through a telephone call with a rep who probably won't be able to help again (we'll see in the morning when I can go to a payphone). (Oh and the notice that I needed these additional repairs/to pay these additional fees was sent to the account that through multiple calls and chats, I've established I cannot access because I can't complete the authentication, so had I not contacted them, they would just have my phone forever and I'd never get any help.)

Honestly, I've always been a big Apple fan, I work in a Mac suite for my job and have all Apple devices, but this process has been enough to make me switch... Since, I started I've been redirected, turned in circles, told to drive to the nearest Apple store (4 hours away) and overall don't haven't been helped because I can't fix my phone because I broke it... What a ridiculous system.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I’m not one to complain, but Apple repair is a joke. After my son cracked his new iPhone 7 screen, I went online and scheduled an appointment at the Apple store in Johnson City, clicking on the option to repair a cracked screen, so they knew what it was for. Then, after driving over an hour to the store, we’re informed they can’t replace screens there, that we’ll have to go to the Knoxville store. I asked why I was allowed to make an appointment for that when they don’t even do it and he said that happens all the time. Really? Well, maybe they don’t need to make appointments available for services they don’t even do.

After wasting an entire afternoon, we made another appointment in Knoxville for another day. After, once again, driving an hour and then waiting another hour for them to fix my son’s phone, which only made the damage worse, we’re told they can’t replace it because of a small dent on the corner, which wasn’t even noticeable until the tech pointed it out. They suggested replacing it or buying another phone, which we refused to do and left.

The screen continued to get worse, to the point a new phone was inevitable, so we decided to try one of those random screen repair kiosks at the mall, since it couldn’t hurt anything, at this point, and he was able to replace it in ten minutes. (TEN MINUTES!) Yes, it cost $85, but it looks brand new again… and much cheaper than a new one. I don’t know if this is something Apple usually does so you’ll buy a new phone, but how can the actual maker of the phone not be able to replace a screen and some random guy at a kiosk can? Seems a bit odd, wouldn’t you say?

Original review: March 13, 2018

Bought a new iPhone today. Had problems setting up my Apple ID. Called their tech support number and picked the kind of music I was going to listen to. After 20 min (pretty much when their tech support ops closed) they auto transferred my call to dead air and let me set. Waited for another 10 min before I finally hung up.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I am writing this review because I am on hold 2 hours every day trying to reach Apple Technical Support. I have tried for 1 month to give them a fair chance. I bought a brand new Ipad 2. Still under warranty. I decided to turn it off one day. Now I have no operating system. I wrote this review to warn others to stay away from Apple products. I have had many Apple products. If you get a good one you were a lucky one. If you get a total piece of crap, it was your turn. Also they will not let me post on the support sites because they implemented a new security code. I think I should be furnished with the security code if I am trying to operate an Apple product.

Updated on 04/06/2018: Download and reporting problems. This is the second time I have complained about Apple. They refuse to contact me so we can resolve my issues. Starting a nationwide campaign against Apple. If I have to complain a third time I will select the attorney option.

Original review: March 8, 2018

My concern is very much the same as the many I've read on this site. There is never a clear response to a direct question. When my iPhone was mailed to Apple I was having only one problem, the battery. I was contacted that they would fix my phone for $299.00. The problem was I could never get anyone to tell me what the problem was. After many emails, phone calls and text, have never received an answer to my question. "What's wrong with my phone?" They have, notified me they will be returning it to me. For this treatment I paid them $39.00. Sounds like a scam from this end.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I called to receive help with setting up email on my new iPhone and they told me I needed to purchase Apple Care in order to set up email. That’s a lie. Not only did they blatantly lie to me but they never even tried to resolve the issue I called about. That number is nothing more than a scam for them to catch people that aren’t already paying for additional services that they can sell you on.

Original review: March 6, 2018

First of all they are making it impossible to get an appointment. I contacted Apple support through both phone and e-mail and after not getting any help, they suggested the solution was to reset my password. The only way to reset my password was to wait for the e-mail to come in allowing me to reset the password. The e-mail never came. I called again to say the e-mail never came and they said it is on the way. It never came. Now all of my son's photos are DELETED from the cloud and he can NEVER get them back. I am now starting to have problems with my computer and iPhone and am trying to get help before all of my cloud is deleted and it is impossible to get an appointment at the Genius Bar because they want to handle it online!

I have continued to pay the cloud bill throughout all of this in a feeble attempt to save my and my son's cloud. After a little less than an hour, I am now finally booked at the Genius Bar near me but to guarantee that they will have enough time to help me, I have to start calling 1 1/2 hour ahead of the appointment to try to get a walk in before or after it. I work and live about 45 min away. Apple was once a great company that I would brag about their support. Now I feel that I should sell the many Apple products I own and move on like the rest of my family has.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Apple has made it impossible to make a Genius Bar appointment online. It is the worst navigation and frustrating process that I have ever encountered on a website. 15 minutes later and I'm still trying to find it. Then, when asked if you want to chat, you put in your phone number...but if it is a business phone with an extension...you can't get a call back because it doesn't allow you to add an extension. Completely amateur time! I purchased my first Mac in 1976 and I use high end Adobe products. I have owned at least 20 Macs. They used to care about graphics and computers...now it's just iPhones and iPads, they've abandoned everything that made the company survive in the first place. I now HATE Apple. And the website! Give me a break. It is so frustrating that it forced me to write this review, which I will post anywhere I can find a spot.

Original review: March 4, 2018

We have always been Apple customers. We own computers, tablets, phones and love the products. Unfortunately, their customer service is unacceptable! Getting a battery replaced on my laptop took two trips to the Apple store and over an hour on the telephone. I made an appointment at the Genius Bar and told them it was for a battery replacement, which was booked out 4 days. When I got to the store and waited until my turn I was told they didn't have a battery and they would have to keep my computer for 5 days until they got one or I would have to bring it back and wait two hours for them to change the battery. I chose to leave my computer and come back for it.

Five days later I get an email saying that my battery is there and I need to bring my computer in for replacement. I spent well over an hour trying to get someone on the phone to tell them that they already had my computer. Then I set up a time for pick up and again waited my turn at the Genius Bar. REALLY?? Eventually, I retrieved my laptop and was on my way.

Frustrating experience for a battery replacement. Now my husband has an iPhone 6S and the battery life is VERY short. Called Apple Support and was told that he has two choices: Mail his phone to them to replace the battery. This would take 1-2 weeks or he can take it to Best Buy but they are scheduling 5 weeks out! This is crazy! Apple is a large company making a lot of money. They need to do a better job with customer service! They need authorized service representatives where people can go to get service on their products. APPLE: Have some respect for the people who buy your products!

Original review: March 4, 2018

One of my son's old friends got access to my account and my information went into my Apple account and changed the entire account other than my email to his name his own security questions and now I have no access other than my email and the password to get into the account and he's ordering things. It will not let me change any acct information without knowing the answers to his security questions. I spoke to customer service and explain the issue and a lady named Debbie which is a senior advisor told me that there was nothing that she could do go to the police or something and then hung up on me. I stopped using Apple for this exact reason, THEY HAVE SORRY CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Hi there. I was so upset and frustrated with the Apple support service and their service center service. Cant even help to solve the problem I facing. My iPhone 7 plus rear camera problem keep occurring even it's fixed twice during warranty period. First time fixed, not even 2 hours the problem occur again. Then second times occur problem occur again after 3 months the warranty period expired. I went to the service center almost 4 times. End up not even solve and just wasting time. Then try to call and chat the with the Apple support, they just keep transferring me here and there and ask me repeating the problems again and end up just a SORRY. Ask me send my phone to service center again and refix. Because of the warranty period after 3 months they just don't even care of it.

We pay so much for their product but what we get is the bad service and lousy product. During the warranty, I'm not requesting to change a new phone because thought if it's fixed should be fine for me, but now the problem occur after 3 months the warranty period they just leave it. What a service??? Any opinion can help in my case???

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

For the record I wanted to rate 0 star. Apple support and MACHINES has the worst customer service. I sent in my phone to MACHINES for a battery replacement (battery is weak, based on what they told me). I was told to wait for 7-14 working days and so I did. Along the waiting period, I only received 2 email stating the battery parts arrived and the email that gave me the shock of my life (saying that my phone will be sent to Apple centre and I need to wait for another 7 working days without stating why). I was not being informed at all what's going on with my phone. Apparently, after replacing the battery, my device couldn't turn on and they need more time to diagnose my phone.

Firstly, I hand in my phone in a good condition (except for the weak battery which I brought in for) and I am not going to accept a defective device after handing in to them in good condition. MACHINES and APPLE SUPPORT are pushing responsibility to each other and it's really frustrating! It's almost a month that my phone is with MACHINES and APPLE. Disappointing service from a premium phone brand. SAD.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Was trying to book a battery replacement for my (not that old but already poor!) iPhone. Webchat not great, keeps throwing you off while typing so you need to type again. Tried to get simple information at the end was told to call the place and book myself (I was very very bad asking for opening hours). Really is this the famous American customer service?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I went through Apple Support multiple times about this problem (FACE ID not working), I have not been able to rectify this issue, was on hold for 30 minutes every time I called and I called about 6 times and the problem is still unresolved. I had to reset the phone and went through about 3 hours of troubleshooting and they have not been able to figure out what the problem is. I was told that they will call me and they never did. I have been a loyal Apple customer since 2007 and have all APPLE home including Wifi router, Apple TV - 4 of them, iPad, iMac, MacBook Pro, but the service at Apple is no longer what it used to be.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I have been a loyal customer of Apple for several years, and still have iPhone 7 Plus in Red Special Edition. I have had no complaints with Apple until I lost my around 8 GB of iCloud date with no fault of my own. It all started when my iPhone started to heat up. I backed up all of my data on iCloud and then restored my phone as a new iPhone as Genius Bar recommends to everyone. I used it for a week or so but the phone still heated up. I took it to Genius Bar and they happily replaced the handset. When I tried to restore my iCloud data within a week of receiving my replacement handset, I was shocked that all my big backup of around 8 GB was gone. Which means no contacts (over 100), no photographs (dating back to 2012 or even more) and no important and confidential documents. My backup size dropped to around 250 MB only with recent files.

It was nothing less than a nightmare and still distressing when I have to make an important call but no number! All important documents saved over the years are lost and my million dollar memories in photographs in last so many years. On top of that the Apple support team restored my phone so many times and all that hassle for no fault of my own. I asked support team to escalate my complaint and made complaint myself using the feedback form but no contact or even an acknowledgment from Apple.

Honestly, I feel like changing from Apple to something completely different after my worst experience of life. Those who have such huge backups on iCloud will understand how would it feel if it is gone! I read Apple terms and conditions to see whether I can have a legal claim but it is written in CAPITAL words that Apple will not accept responsibility and users should have alternative backups to iCloud. It's a shame I did not know that otherwise I would have never used iCloud on my iPhones. I have even been paying for my monthly sub to have 50 GB iCloud. Honestly, I did not expect this from Apple, a known and dominant name in the mobile phone industry. I feel so helpless because if Apple's own Engineers could not help who else can.

Apple Tech Support Company Information