1.20/5

362 Apple Tech Support Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I bought a watch on eBay, listed as not locked. However, it was locked, maybe even stolen. I called Apple support, asked if they would contact the account owner associated with it, and ask if him if it was stolen from him. They refused, even though Apple clearly has the means. The watch displays the account information of the registered owner when I try to sync it with my phone. Seemingly, this would be the purpose of locking the product, so that if someone tries to register it who has stolen it, they can be tracked and the product can be returned to its rightful owner.

Apple doesn’t lock their products to protect us, but instead to disable watches and force new sales. To me, I feel deceived, because I trusted Apple was doing the locking to HELP us. Instead, it is nothing more than a ploy to force new phone sales. There seemingly are two most probable explanations: 1) The product actually is stolen. 2) The person selling the product accidentally forgot or doesn't know how to unlock the product. For either reason, reaching out to the registered owner and asking if their product has been stolen, seemingly would be a PRODUCTIVE response.

Apple support outright refused to do this, even after transferring 2 times to a higher level supervisor. More outrageous, they lied to me and told me they are not allowed to send out eMails to registered owners. I then insisted they read the Terms of Agreement, which specifically addresses how they are allowed to send out an eMail for exactly such purpose. After insisting they read the Terms, the 3rd person I supervisor I was transferred to refused repeatedly. Apple is not an honest company to do business with, This is not the only example where they force sales when not needed. There are several examples of this duplicate deception that are inherently built into their business model. Apple, you are DISHONEST!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I made an appointment at the "Genius Bar" (Oxymoron) because my 89-year-old mother's iPad was not charging. I have no complaints about employees who are so friendly. The system reminds me of Subway, where one person takes your order and passes you off to the next person. My appointment was at 12:40 and I was finally approached at 1:00 (20 minutes late). They act like they are heart surgeons and there is a vital need for their services. They may know their product, but they are by no means geniuses as far as customer service goes.

According to the person who spoke with me, my mother's two-year-old iPad port will not charge due to someone "aggressively" inserting and removing the charger. The suggestion was to replace it for $325. or buy a new one. What a rip off! She suggested I might go to a third party repair place, "But I don't suggest that" because her suggestion was to buy a brand new iPad. My 89-year-old mother CANNOT afford one. She used it to enjoy pictures on photostreams of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren - SHAME ON YOU APPLE!!! We will be desperate before we buy another product from you.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I sent in my POWERBEATS 3 WIRELESS for repair. My repair ID: **. When I sent my headphones, there was no physical damage. It was just not charging. It was under warranty that's why I sent it in for repair and this morning I got email saying my ear hook on headphones are detached and that will cost me $99 to fix it. I called them and talked to manager. He said his technician will not do such a things because he has camera set up at repair station. He said if I am not paying $99, they will sent it back to me without repair. What a SCAM! They need to be sued.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My friend was locked out after updating her months old iPhone 8 Plus. She couldn’t remember her password and Apple is VERY leisurely in resolving this problem. I managed to get her phone unlocked with the side of Apple Tech Support, but to finish up and get her phone usable again, she is again being asked for her (forgotten) password. Such fun. Apparently, the entire recovery process is completely automated. No human can expedite the recovery. There may be no humans in the recovery department. 24 hours after we unlocked the phone she receives an email. It advised her that she has to wait 10 more days for another communication so she can finally reset her password. It would have been so easy, since her account was verified, to just email her the forgotten password. She has health issues and relies on the phone. Can only call 9-1-1... doesn’t help when she needs her doctors or pharmacy, or car service to an appointment.

I think, if someone in the Pentagon, the Defense Department, Congress etc were locked out, they would be unlocked much, much faster... like, ASAP. I do not believe that the recovery department is run by machines. Even banks and financial services (MONEY, our money I’m saying) manages to reset passwords or email them to us so we can get on with essentials. But APPLE, they have dropped the ball.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My Apple Watch quit working. The problem was it would no longer power up. So I arranged with Apple to send it in for repair. Two days later they send me pictures of a watch that was totally destroyed. Shattered screen, damaged case. Really bad damage. The watch I sent them looked brand new. I have no idea what they did. I talked with several people all with the same cookie cutter speech. I’m 67 years old. My wife and I know what the watch looked like when we sent it. I get conflicting emails. They appear to be totally dysfunctional. I would attach pictures but now I can’t access them.

At first I thought it was a scam and still do actually. I’d take a polygraph test to prove I’m telling the truth. Apple is too large anymore to care so Apple Care is not an accurate term anymore. If you need to have work done on any Apple products I suggest you take them into a repair center yourself. Other wise you have no recourse on disputes. They can say whatever they want. Sorry for the rant but I’m beyond frustration.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Never ever never ever forget your passcode and iCloud password. You will be without your very expensive phone for days!!! Why would it be so difficult to reset if they could just give you security questions over the phone or email reset code in a matter of minutes not days? First and last Apple product!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I've been an Apple customer and fan for years. I have a Mac, an iPad, an iPhone X, and an iWatch. I'm so frustrated with the Mac that I recently bought a Microsoft Surface Book to replace it. The iPad (my 3rd or 4th) has never worked properly and the battery overheats and discharges rapidly. The iPhone X does everything but make a phone call. My family and customers are so frustrated with the poor quality of sound and the dropped calls that some of them have requested I only call them from a landline. And this is my second iPhone X as the first one was replaced for similar issues. My iPhone 7 never had these problems. My iWatch is pretty much worthless. It no longer will connect with my iPhone and frequently the screen will not light up unless I raise and lower my arm several times.

So that brings me to support. I have tried to make appointments at the Genius Bar at my convenient local Apple Store on 5 occasions. If I am at the store, they don't have any availability for days or weeks. If I am trying to make an appointment online, it is virtually impossible. You always get connected back to "Apple Service" where even if you have a case number the representative wants to start over at the beginning. I am at the point of dumping all my Apple products and going (God forgive me) to Samsung. There, I've said it! Am I the only one who is having all these problems???

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I was given an Apple store credit back in 2011. Afraid of losing the card, I downloaded it to my Apple ID. I called to make sure that I could use it at the store and they told me it was in iTunes/App and could only be used online. If I have one ID that has a credit in it, it shouldn’t matter what platform I want to use it on. I have spent over 5 hours with tech support, Sr. Advisor and Customer Service regarding this issue. I asked who I could speak to over him (Customer Service) and he said he has “total authority to act on behalf of Apple to resolve issues” but he couldn’t resolve mine. He was going to call me back after he looked further into it. I gave him the best number to reach me at (which is on my account) and he returned the call to the wrong number. I returned his call (within 15 minutes) and had to leave a message. I have since called over the past 11 days and left messages that haven’t been returned.

I went into the store and they told me they could exchange the credit but needed the numbers on the back of the card. Why would I need the card, which I threw away when I saw the credit in my ID, and they can see that I have the credit there. I want to spend the money on an Apple product not like I want to go buy bubble gum. Never been so disappointed with a company that touts being customer friendly.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

The price we paid for the Apple devices we have (5) and the accounts are a mess, spent day and night talking to people some rude, some not knowledgeable and give you the runaround, some don’t understand because they are not use to people with accent, like if Apple don’t have foreigner employees. Good lesson to learn no more Apple devices because when you go to the store they are in the hurry to sell and get you out the store with your device and your knowledge about the device in limbo. You call the customer support trying to get help and nothing happen. We are very disgusted with the service they intended to provide, I hope people learn and stop buying their product. Ripped off.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I contacted Apple support to get my iTunes account reset since I lost the password. I was preparing to travel overseas and wanted to add some music to my iPod, but after multiple attempts to log in the system locked my account. I tried to reset the account by answering the security questions but the system still did not allow me to reset my password. I contacted Apple support for assistance but even after speaking to several support personnel, they could not get the system to unlock.

After one week of trying I still could not get into my account, I finally had to leave for my trip without updating my iPod... I returned a few weeks later and continued to try to log in but no success, even after additional discussions with Apple support personnel who were great to work with and did express concern. After three weeks of trying I finally gave up and even deleted iTunes from my computer. While it is not Apple's fault that I lost my password, I would think they could figure out a way to get this resolved, especially quicker than 21 days.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Apple pushed out a new iOS over 3 weeks ago now and my 4 Apple devices stopped syncing specifically on messages and photos. I send a message on one and it doesn’t show read or show my response on the other even though they are all on the same iCloud account. Customer support had me do a lot of things and kept telling me that what was happening couldn’t. I drove 3 hours to the closest Apple store and spent 3.5 hours there. They took detailed notes because they couldn’t get it to work either. They told me they would escalate it and I would be getting a call from and engineer. I did get a call 2 days later from a service specialist. She asked a lot of question and had me repeat a lot of what they did in the Apple store and said that she would take all this back to the engineers to work on it. Since then she hasn’t called on any of the scheduled times. Sends emails saying she needs more information but then doesn’t call.

When I call I only get VM even if I call at the scheduled time. Then they report that I’m not answering. Basically a lot of run around and still the problem isn’t solved. Last night I went back to regular customer support (who was able to call me) and they supposedly set up a call with another service specialist. Surprise... no call. I don’t think Apple is concerned about existing customers. Only getting new ones and they just hope you give up or outright don’t believe you actually have a problem with their products. Thought spending all day to get the people at the Apple store to be able to back up the real problem would help, but I guess not.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

This is what happen to me on Apple support. Twelve days ago I gave my granddaughter a used iPad 4. All was working but she tried to change iCloud account, which seem she did, but that caused the iPad from allowing her to use her new account without using my old account. After many tries she ended locking the iCloud account. Then the horror started after talking and being drop calls 4 times and over 2 hrs of online wait. I finally spoke with supervisor who really seem to be helpful. He told me to find a bill of sale for the iPad after 2 more hours and submit it. I explained it was eBay and would take awhile seeing I purchased it in 2014. After looking all over I found my purchase order and submitted it. Again was told I had to call to verify that I sent it, well after going thru all the past history I was told 2 more hours wasted.

I was told the paperwork was being sent to another dept for review. Three days later they said I didn't send in a receipt, that I needed one that had the IMEI # on it. At this point they could have said, "This will not help because you didn't buy it from Apple or a carrier. We won't except it anyways." After sending emails back and forth I was able to get a receipt from the eBay with the requested info. I forwarded it and did as I was told to call in. After explaining my case # from Apple and the info I sent in the person after making me go through the whole case again. And putting me on hold 7 times finally said I would need to talk to his supervisor, she promptly said seeing this was from eBay she could not accept it, seeing I had no bill of sale from an Apple source or a carrier. So she said there was nothing I could do.

So I question buying from eBay or other source I basically just purchased something not worth Apple time to help support.S he was sorry but she could not help me. So I now own a paperweight iPad 4. Hope everyone purchased your item from Apple or save the trouble they will put you through before they tell you to buy a new one from your friendly Apple store.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Thru screen sharing Apple Tech deleted not one, two or three, but four copies of a 93,000 word MS Word doc. Senior tech failed to find it, corporate senior tech failed. Customer relations lied about getting a recovery company to find it and dragged this on for 12 days. Meanwhile I couldn’t use my computer. They refused to pay for recovery. Horrible customer treatment.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I bought a new MacBook Pro 2017 with touch bar. After just using it for 4 months, it got water damaged, when I went my way home under a suddenly heavy rain. I already put it into a sleeve, before I put it inside the bag. Even more, I was also using a rain protector for my bag, but still, you can expect few drops water go into the bag and hit the MacBook as well. Since it's a newly bought MacBook, and it supposed to be a good one with the price of about $2000, I expected a more solid build, which won't be affected by a bit splash of water. But I was wrong, so very wrong.

The MacBook went off, and I need to bring it to Apple Service Provider... At the end of the diagnose, they cost me for the SAME PRICE as when I bought it. This is crazy... Say if the accident is still accounted as my fault, but again, I expect a BETTER build for the cost I've spent. And who would have thought for a service cost which is the SAME cost as when you buy another new unit? This ends my journey with the brand. Goodbye Apple, you suck! I will surely put my tech-investment into a more reliable brand and serve their customer better, rather than just wanting their money!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

What in the blue **!!! Like what the **! I didn't forgot the password!!! Just the freaking security question! Trying to retrieve it and you just say, "Insufficient information to reset your security question." What the **? Seriously? Then it say, "Contact customer support! Guess what?! You don't have one! It doesn't exist! It always says, "We're close right now!" And those ** Apple geniuses my **! They can't do **??! You guys are the worst. You are thieves!!! Once you get the cash you don't offer support at all! Thieves I tell you!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Terrible customer service. I ended up paying for a subscription I did not purchase or authorize. I didn't think Apple would hesitate to refund me for an unauthorized charged but they refused to. They tried to make an excuse by saying I should look at terms and agreement before making a purchase. This would make sense if I actually purchased the subscription. This makes me not want to buy Apple products anymore. It's pretty scummy that they do not want to refund a fraudulent charge considering how much money these ** faces rake in. Pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

APPLE iCloud holds your private information hostage for 2 1/2 weeks if you forget your password!!! Unbelievable, that they do not give their call center support the ability to change open the account for me! When I complained the tech refused to give me someone else to speak with, refused to give his last name, or tell me what city he was working in (since he wouldn't give me his name) so that I could make a complaint! This is BS!!!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I purchased a pair of AirPods online from Apple in March 2018. By June, the left earbud would not hold a charge. I called Apple support and after they had disconnected me once and I had been on hold for almost an hour, I was offered a new left earbud which they sent to me fairly quickly. I was instructed to return the defective earbud back to Apple (they furnished the packaging and paid the shipping.) If I delayed in sending back the defective part, Apple would charge my credit card for the part. This did not solve the problem so I had to get back on with Apple support for another hour and talk to at least 2 people. They indicated I would get a whole new AirPod package.

Instead, I received 3 separate packages with the charging case in one package; the left earbud in one package; and the right earbud in another package. Again, I shipped the old equipment (in 3 separate packages) back to Apple by June 21. The new AirPods work fine. However, on July 18, I randomly received 2 more packages from Apple with a right earbud and a left earbud in the packages. I again called Apple support and again it took over an hour. I informed them that I didn't ask for these earbuds; I was unable to return them due to work travel for at least 5 days; and that I did not authorize Apple to charge anything to my credit card.

I returned the packages on 7/23. I checked my credit card statement and Apple had charged my card twice for the earbuds. I again called Apple support and was again disconnected and had to spend over an hour dealing with them with no resolution. I also sent several emails as instructed in order for the person who assisted me to return my calls. Again, today, I talked to 2 Apple support folks for over an hour with no resolution. They indicated that they would compensate me in some way for all of the troubles I had had but did not follow through. I finally had to call my credit card company a report the charges as fraud.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I spent about 12 hours on recommendations from Apple support and restoring from backup. Finally today Apple said they could not do anything about it. I consider Apple to be the largest company and I was disappointed with the response from the advisors. Me being an Apple customer for the past 10 years. I found this company who charged me $30 and repaired my corrupt backup online in less than an hour.

I think Apple needs to learn from this small company who is able to solve these issues. If this company can do it, I am sure Apple can do it too. Please make sure to bring it up to your supervisors who can incorporate this change. It will do two things. Apple support spent about 6 hours on the phone with me. For $30 service you can save 6 hours of your time. You will have happy customers who will come an buy your product. I do not know what caused the corruption. I was at a point where I was losing my entire photos from the last 2 years. I was disappointed that Apple was not even giving me a direction of whom I need to go to to solve this. The best they came up with was a BestBuy store which does not do this. If Apple does not incorporate a software like this. I at least recommend you train the support staff to this website who can solve the problem for you. Thank You.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My phone was locked due to an overnight maintenance situation - not my doing. I was on the phone for hours and days with Apple Support trying to get it unlocked but to no luck -- I now have a $750 paperweight -- they said it wasn't theirs - had to be my fault - it's the last piece of crap I buy from Apple. I guess I don't need a ** cellphone - ** the ** from Apple.

Original review: July 22, 2018

So I had to call tech support after a couple months of my Apple ID acting super wonky. First I couldn't get into certain apps, then my phone started getting caught in authentication loops, and finally, I couldn't set up a new device but thankfully Tech Support saved me from all that! I spent an hour or so on the phone with them, and all my issues were resolved as weird, buggy and not as straightforward as they were. The technician, Mike, was phenomenal. He was concise, kind, knowledgeable, patient but also driven to solve the issue. I didn't feel rushed but I also didn't feel like I was being taken in pointless circles.

In the natural downtime that happens during restarts, etc we had an awesome conversation and he talked to me about some features and products I was interested in as well as how to properly use elements of my accounts I was confused by. All around it was a great experience, not sure why the score is so low, I've had good experiences in the past as well but this one was certainly a gold star. Thanks, Mike! My tech is finally feeling talking to each other and little things in my everyday have been improved by it.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I sent in a phone for repair as I only had it for 3 weeks, and I get charged $500 because they are saying there was a physical damage on the phone. I strictly only have Apple products in my house, but that is not going to be the same. Such a big company but their customer service is legit trash.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I work in customer service- and I am appalled at that the way I was spoken to and the lack of empathy from both technicians I called. I spoke to a Tom ** who was literally no help- and told me I needed to drive to an Apple store to get a PIN code. When I advised him I could not do this his response was "Why can't you drive- is the store too far away?" And when I said my children are sleeping and I can't drive there tonight he almost laughed and kept asking why the kids were asleep. When I asked to speak to his supervisor he told me he was the manager and there was no one else to talk to. I asked one more time to speak to his supervisor which he again lied and told me he was the supervisor and no one else would be able to help me, so I would have to talk to him.

When I asked him why it was so difficult to reset my Apple password and gave him an example of how it is an easy process when you forget your password to your email- in a condescending tone told me: "Apple is not Yahoo." No **??? He was extremely argumentative, not listening- and was actually starting to raise his voice to me, which is when I got off the phone. When I called back I got someone else who was also no help but not as aggressive as Tom **. Still this other service rep actually told me to stop crying- when I was trying to explain to him what happened and what I needed help with. I am truly appalled at the service (and Apple is such a big company/you would like they would read these reviews and fix this). This is just embarrassing for the company to have these people represent them.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I absolutely used to love Apple. But recently their customer service has been absolutely terrible, they do not listen to you at all and nonstop argue with you. They refuse to actually fix the problems and are literally useless. Android will definitely have me as a customer from now on.

Original review: July 16, 2018

First... I used to be a diehard Apple support fan. No more. Bought the $160 Air Pods... loved them. I left my charger case sitting in a salon, and it disappeared. Went to Apple Store, was told by the 'genius' you only have to pay $80 for replacement case if you gave serial #... but you have to go directly thru Apple support. I contacted Apple support. After a lllooonggg time it basically came down to a "Nope. We can't do that"... seriously? I will not re buy these. Hostage shopping is not entertaining to me at all. This kind of crushed my former Apple euphoria. I'm off to get online and buy the competitor... after Apple loyalty for years. Customer support that does nothing is useless.

Original review: July 15, 2018

When my life turned completely upside down in a divorce, I had to learn how to fix my computer issues myself because I was leaving the 'computer-savvy' person in our relationship. So, when my iPhone gave me a number of different issues, I made an appointment to get some professional help from the Apple 'Genius' Bar at Fairview Mall. While troubleshooting a few issues on my iPhone, the 'genius' helping me asked me if I backed up all my stuff on my phone. I said 'I don't really know, but I think my phone gets backed up on my iCloud every night'. Through various questions asked of me, that I couldn't really answer, it was very evident to this 'genius' that I knew very little about my phone, or about technology in general.

Well, it turns out that going to the Genius Bar for help was a HUGE life-changing mistake, because in order to try to resolve one of my issues, the 'Genius' wiped my phone clean; thereby erasing 4 years of photo memories of my daughter. It never even occurred to me that my photos weren't backed up to the iCloud. I was told later by Apple Tech support, that photos take a lot of memory to backup and that the additional memory required needs to be purchased separately in a monthly fee. Nowhere on my device did I get a notice saying that only some of my photos were being backed up to my iCloud. Apparently I was supposed to automatically know this. And guess what! The genius wasn't able to fix any of my issues on my phone. Everything was for nothing.

So, long story short, I not only lost my marriage, half of my friends, and a large chunk of my life, but by visiting the Apple Store 'Genius' Bar, I also lost the past 4 years of photo memories of my daughter. After almost having a nervous breakdown at work because of this loss, I had to re-evaluate the importance of 'stuff' in my life. Photos had always been something greatly cherished in my life, but that's no longer the case. I have learned that photos come and go, at the press of a single click. So BUYERS BEWARE. Don't trust your iPhone to work perfectly, don't trust the iCloud backup to save everything, and certainly DON'T trust the 'Geniuses' at the Apple Genius Bar. They do more harm than good.

Original review: July 3, 2018

There was no one more into Apple than I. I have been editing video in FCP for 20 years now and have bought at or near 40 systems from Apple so safe to say I was a dedicated, loyal fan. Last week my wife's iMac (15 months since new) had a hard drive failure and I wanted to recover the data. However, Apple will not replace any hardware unless you give them the old hardware, or, keep the item lacking excellence, quality control and longevity and pay for the service regardless of if you are under warranty. The Apple Tech actually told me "I have the option". Really? Is that what Apple considers an "option"?

If I gave the Apple Store the old drive, and while under warranty, all accomplished work would be free of charge; IF THEY KEEP THE OLD DRIVE! So, I asked several people at Waikiki Apple Store to permit me to write a check for the seven hundred dollars it would cost to do the work if I weren't under warranty. I would overnight my drive to California for immediate data recovery (or at least be put out of my misery if data could not be recovered) and upon its return to me, I would bring the hard drive back to the Apple Store, get my check back. Apple could have their broken drives and I could take my repaired computer and all would be fine.

Apple refuses to support this? Why? Because they do not have a "system in place". My question is "why the heck not?" I told the tech they would have the computer in their possession and they would have my check in their possession (or credit info or whatever the lack of customer loyalty, money hungry grubs desired) guaranteeing and securing payment in case I moved to the Congo or to Syria. It's funny, when you call and give your name, they know everything about you.

You'd think that Apple would employ a little discretion, look at your loyalty to them over your lifetime, and throw you a bone and go so far as to even be sympathetic and service their customer. After all, we're talking about customers data; their lives. We aren't talking about a monitor bulb or graphics card or a power supply that does not affect people's keepsakes and memories. By giving discretion to their techs, there wouldn't be any need for a "system". Techs could offer up the solution I proposed regardless of lack of a "system".

I'm at my end with Apple and their proprietary nonsense to keep us all buying chargers and cords and peripherals. We suck it up because we like the product and its media handling ability. We buy the extended warranties. We talk highly of our product and poke fun at our PC computing friends but when we lose our personal data, Apple runs for the hills and takes weak, BS positions like "we don't have a system for that". They certainly have a system for everything else. You walk into an Apple Store and it oozes competency; it secretes confidence and exudes support with all the blue shirts walking around and yet, they don't have a system to support YOU; their lifeblood. WTH!

Boycott Apple. They are getting too big for themselves and they know it. I hate PCs but now I now dislike Apple even more. Unfortunately, I gotta stay with them because it's all I know but if you're on the fence, I'd recommend true plug and play and going with a PC and its open architecture. Closed architecture just keeps Apple rolling in silk and the rest of us hostages. Maybe they should offer a solution like returning our money for Apple Care if they fall short of giving us CARE. BTW, I already asked. It's a "no".

Original review: July 2, 2018

We went to the Apple store in Bellevue WA and we went there to replace an iPad that had a problem with it, they told us we had to make an appointment that took place 3 hours later or schedule a week later, we made the earlier appointment and waited for 3 hours and was sat down at the Genius Bar, (just a long table) we meet with an employee and told us he didn't know about iPads and asked for a tech assistant to help us, I asked him "We waited for 3 hours, how much longer should we wait now?" And he told us "all the other people were waiting for 3 hours, why are you getting so impatient?" in an angry tone.

Later the technician arrived and told us we had to replace it and there was no other option, it would take 5 days to arrive. I was surprised that I had to wait 3 hours to talk to 3 people to replace a single iPad, we could have talked to the people at the front and ordered in 10 minutes. What a terrible company, there was only a handful of people who actually worked while the rest were standing around at the front. Apple is a big company with big problems. Customer Service are just happy people with no knowledge of the work environment.

Original review: June 20, 2018

First off I updated my iPhone 2 days ago to 11.4 (nightmare) and every since that my phone’s battery has been draining quickly and charging slowly! When I called Apple Support I spoke to Joe who was extremely RUDE, unhelpful, tried to get me to pay $29 for some new battery??? And downright unprofessional! He does not need to be working for APPLE period! He advised me he was the head and he was a supervisor and my options was I could call back and speak to someone else or not. I was in disbelief at the tone and rudeness in his voice!

No wonder APPLE has a 1 star rating with consumer reviews and other review sites. These iPhones, iPads, computers, and everything else Apple has cost us consumers too much money to be getting treated so badly when we call in for help when clearly in my cases (and I assume A LOT of others) the new update 11.4 ruined my battery life! I think APPLE does this on purpose as there was a class action against them for this to make people update or get a new phone. I definitely will NOT be dealing with Apple again and may switch over to SAMSUNG! And anybody who’s smart will do the same. Hurt ‘em in their pockets people!

Original review: June 14, 2018

My letter to Apple best describes the nightmare: "I’ve now called Apple support once again and once again I started another account recovery process despite the fact that the first one has not yielded any result what-so-ever. Since, I’ve repeatedly expressed my desire to disassociate myself from Apple completely after having been treated so irresponsibly, but cannot do so without being able to access my account, Apple continues to charge my credit card for my iCloud services which I wish to terminate immediately. I’ve been advised that this represents fraudulent behavior on Apple’s part. In order to avoid having Apple withdraw funds from my account, I’ve contacted my credit card company to block Apple from charging my credit card in this fraudulent manner.

"Moreover, since my credit card company cannot block a withdrawal that is currently pending (only future attempts by Apple), when the current pending withdrawal occurs American Express will dispute that charge with Apple on my behalf. I’ve been assured that any further attempts by Apple to charge my account will be blocked for the next four years. My hope is that this will serve to stop Apple from continuing to harass me and take immediate steps to recover my account so that I can close it. I’m sure you understand that Apple would have left me no choice but to defend myself legally at that point.

"While I don’t expect someone as powerful as Tim Cook to respond to my pleas for help in this manner, I would like to explain why this issue has begun to escalate out of control and why the flawed account recovery process allows for this to occur: I have had an Apple account for many years now. At my previous place of employment, I was issued an Apple iPhone. I used that phone number as my recovery phone number for resetting the password. So, the first problem is that since I turned in that phone when I left my previous employer, I no longer have the phone to receive a code, which would have enabled me to reset the account. Apple’s online recovery offers no way to reset the account password.

"The support personnel have pointed out that I can use my personal iPhone 5, to recover the account. However, that only works if I’ve set a screen lock pin for the phone. I don’t have a pin set for that phone. So, the only option Apple’s process leaves for me is to start the now infamous “recovery process”. This is where things go wrong, because at this point Apple forces the customer to wait for an indefinite amount of time. Support personnel can’t even estimate how long. Meanwhile, I am only able to use my iPhone in a limited way, with constant pop-ups asking for the password. Moreover, apps I’ve purchased can’t be updated, my iCloud subscription can’t be used, etc., and most egregiously, I can’t close my account, end the nightmare, and disassociate myself from Apple, a company I once held in high regard.

"To add insult to injury, Apple continues to charge my credit card account for an iCloud subscription it doesn’t allow me to use. This must not occur and cannot possibly be legal. Moreover still, the process does not allow me to physically present myself at an Apple location with identification to resolve the matter once and for all. This is why I’m pleading for help. Obviously, your flawed process is more important to you than keeping your customers. I understand that now, but you cannot disallow a customer from ending the relationship with Apple. You can’t continue to charge the customer’s credit card when their iCloud account is unusable for weeks and who knows how much longer. This can only be considered a breach of contract. You are cornering and bullying me unnecessarily. Is anyone listening who can help?"

Apple Tech Support Company Information