2. Miscellaneous

Apple Tech Support

3.7/5 (1081 ratings)

About Apple Tech Support

Apple Tech Support Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Tech Support?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: June 19, 2021

My computer screen randomly started displaying horizontal lines and bands which made it unreadable. Since it was still under warranty AppleCare product repair send me a box with a prepaid label which I packaged the computer in. From the date I received the box until the date I received my computer back was only 72 hours. I could not believe how quickly they were able to replace the entire screen and overnight it back to me! Extremely satisfied!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

My Mac laptop was sick. That's what I told the first Apple guy when he asked "How can I help you?" I explained that my speed was slow and sometimes only half of a page would show up on my chrome sites. Even though I was on time for my 10 o'clock appt., he asked me to wait for this one special person he thought could help me. I explained the problem to him and added that I thought my laptop had picked up some malware or it was possessed by an evil empire. He chuckled and after some time of working on it, showed me the malware that may be the cause of my problem. He deleted them and I checked my most used sites. They were perfect.

I held off on this review to see how things would go - no problems. Before I left I asked him if I had gone to too many "questionable sites, He said no that malware can be attached to almost any site and that the person who built or owned the site may not be aware that there is malware on the site. People who solve problems at the genius bar are appropriately well named. (and there was NO CHARGE)

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I've been using Apple products for about 5 years now, never had an issue with anything. I bought the Airpods Pro on June of 2020, and they started showing issues no longer than 2 months after I purchased them. The right Airpod stopped working completely, the case wasn't charging normally and around October, the left Airpod only allowed me to listen to music and videos, it didn't let me take calls. Being a procrastinator, I went to an apple store on December of the same year; even though the problems were showing long before. I bought them on Walmart and purchased the insurance for 2 years, but Apple Care covered them for the first year.

Once in the store I explained everything to the person that helped me, and he gave me the best customer service experienced I've ever had in my life. I don't usually write reviews but this guy truly made my day. He replaced both Airpods and the case at no cost at all! I was completely shocked. I was ready to have to give a hard time or getting into a discussion because the difficulties that the product was presenting weren't my fault, but he made sure that he listened to everything I had to say, he ran a test on the Airpods and effectively found that they had a problem with the charging system, and replaced them for me right away. He made sure that he explained me the process with detail and amiability. I couldn't believe it. Now I have my brand new set of Airpods and case that work perfectly. I wished I remember the name of the guy, but it was at the Apple Store in the Rockingham Mall in New Hampshire. Amazing customer service provided.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I was trying to pair a watch but found it wouldn't pair, contacted support, needed to downgrade the watchos, the people whom I dealt with were very pleasant and efficient whist dealing with my query, the watch was a 1st gen. Did turn out to be out to be out of warranty. No care plan attached so I didn't have high expectations. Apple put forward a free service including postage, once they received it, within 24 hours it was back with me. Opened the plain box up, of course they couldn't just send it back in just that plain packaging could they? Within that was a box especially for the watch, very presentable. The sort of packing you expect from all their products, this is very good especially during this period! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have had my iphone7 for one year now, working beautifully, not a scratch. All of a sudden, my phone decided to lock itself with an improper AppleID that does not exist because it happened to be my recovery email. Therefore, it became impossible to update anything, (apps, software..). After 6 attempts to find a solution (talking to a different customer service person each time and re-explaining the situation each time), my phone was re-initialized (lost all my contacts info...) and still could not change the wrong AppleID and could not activate the phone. After 10 attempts, my phone is now not usable and it is due to a problem with a corruption with the AppleID and the only thing I can do is wait for them to unlock the phone (which could take up to a month) according to the representative. This leaves me with no choice but to purchase another phone.

When it is Apple who is responsible for the loss of the phone, they should have provided me with another unlocked phone. When there is a engineering issue with a car, the dealer or the car company fix the problem at their charge or provide you with a replacement car. Apple does not have the decency to do this when it is a software design caveat.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Apple didn't honor the one year warranty after eight months on a $1400 iPhone XS. The phone had to be replaced 3 times within that eight months and on the last one they told me they were no longer going to replace the overheating device even if it has the same issue. I don't know what kind of company takes this approach to resolving problems with their hardware, but this certainly isn't the right one. Apple Support is will take no accountability for anything. I really hope these "Senior Advisors" get the same treatment someday they give customers. Maybe they'll realize what a bunch of arrogant unhelpful fools they really are.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

My Apple Watch was locked by mistake. For 41 days, I was not able to make it work. I think Apple thinks it was stolen!!! Although I provided them with proof that I bought in Dec 2018 but they are refusing to unlock it. I wrote a negative comment at their website, a minute later they remove it. I asked to speak to a manager, but they made me feel like I crossed their line by asking for a manager. 41 days and never spoke to a manager nor my watch was fixed. I think they don't like my name or maybe religion. I don't know what to do?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased a new iPhone only because I was going to receive $100 credit on my trade-in iPhone. I went through the process to complete the order with Best Buy - Geek Squad rep as the Apple stores are currently closed. I received my new phone and installed everything. I contacted Apple support because I didn’t receive my trade-in kit. They said I didn’t order the phone that way which I did because I actually did it with somebody else so I know I did it correctly. And so they won’t honor the hundred dollar trade-in credit off my new phone. They’ll only give me a store credit which does me no good.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Bought $169 air pods. Left one stopped working under 3 weeks after I bought them. Apple sent me a left air pod to replace the one that was not working. The one they sent did not work either. No refund.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Bottom Line.... due to fine print, Applecare will not replace my stolen iphone12. I cannot be more disappointed with Apple and Applecare! These people have all the technological power in the world and they are simply not willing to help me locate or replace my phone after I was mugged. Not recommended!

Apple Tech Support Company Information