1.33/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

500 Windstream Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

On 2/8/19, I set up a payment arrangement with customer service for a specified date. In spite of that arrangement my service was still disconnected. I contacted them immediately and was told it would be reconnected within FOUR (4) HOURS. LIE. IT WAS NOT RECONNECTED AT ALL! On 2/9/19 I contacted Windstream again and was transferred back and forth over FIVE times between Windstream and Dish Network with no one seeming to comprehend their own policies of sticking to their end of commitment. Not one person accepted the confirmation number that I was given by Garrett, the customer service agent from 2/8 which would have confirmed what I was saying.

This is the worst service provider that I have ever had to deal with. I deal with them only because it's the provider that the apartment complex chose for ALL residents to use. If that was not the case, ABSOLUTELY I'd terminate Immediately. The absolute worst!!! If you have the option of another provider, then go with the other provider! This many people would not just be online wasting time writing bad reviews if it was not experienced by them.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Cassandra. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that there were issues with your payment arrangement. I would like to address the issues that caused you this inconvenience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

In December 2018 mother became very ill and moved from assisted living to nursing home on hospice. Initially I called to move service and 2 days later, before move was done, called to cancel. Neither got done, mother passed Dec 24 and Jan 8 I got another bill indicating no cancellation done. I called and was told they closed it that date and prorated back to original request leaving zero balance. Got a bill today indicating delinquent and they will not budge. Unbelievable. They can fight with estate. I hate this company, but we have no other landline options in this community. Thieving practices! Takes advantage of old people which is predominant population here.

Windstream response

Good Morning, Mari. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Please accept my condolences on the passing of your mother. I have located your billing and have credited the balance on the account. I apologize that you had this experience. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

LaToya

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Their auto pay system broke and so my bill didn't get paid for a month and I was assessed a late fee. I called in to get the fee waived, which took 30 minutes and I was constantly "redirected" to the main menu again and disconnected. To make matters worse their customer experience team was mostly outsourced, poorly trained and incredibly rude. Definitely will be cancelling my Windstream service within the near future.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Dalton. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. We would hate to lose you as a customer. This is not the experience we would have liked you to have. I hope that you will give us another chance to review this interaction for ways to improve your experience and perception. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

WHY DID MY BILL GO FROM $220 TO $783.65? I have spent hours on the phone with many representatives trying to get answers as to why. We moved our office in June and since then my bill is outrageous and inconsistent. We have had Windstream for many years and have had nothing but great things to say about your company. My account number is **. If you would please help me correct my account it would be greatly appreciated. I love your service and don't want to go elsewhere, but at this price, I would have to. If you review my account prior to June 2018, my charges were always around $226.95 - we requested the same exact service at our new location. I have emails and names if you'd like to see them.

Windstream response

Good Morning, John. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand an increase of this much would very much be concerning. I would like to review your account for prompt resolution. I have also contacted you via private message and requested additional information. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Switched to a new satellite bundled package, not happy at all. Contacted Mr. Thomas CEO, his assistant Chris made it right. After one week of crossing "Ts". I am one satisfied customer. Windstream customer for life!!!

Windstream response

Good Morning, Howard. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your experience with Windstream and specifically, Chris. We strive to provide you the best experience possible and I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

LaToya

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Windstream?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I signed up for a landline for our office to use as a fax line. I was given the choice of unlimited long distance or 10 cents a minute. I chose the 10 cents a minute. Not only can we not make long distance calls but when we called they told us that we couldn’t choose that option, we would have to go to a more expensive plan for long distance. Well, I wouldn’t have paid for installation if I had known “the facts”. The taxes are the same amount as the service which doubles our cost. Here we are 2 months later unable to use the landline for long distance faxes. (Only reason we got the line).

Windstream response

Good Morning, Frances. Thank you for allowing me to assist you with the issue that you were having with your business fax line. We look forward to continuing to provide you service that meets your needs. If you should have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

LaToya

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have been with Windstream for 13 years. For the last 3 months they have not been able to get my phone lines to ring. They say it is CenturyLink. CenturyLink says it is not them. When I ask Windstream who my actual long distance carrier is they do not know. They call and say it is fixed and when I call the number so they can hear the fast busy's they do not know what to say. I have lost customers not to mention how much money over these phone lines not working. These people do not understand what is going on. I would stay away from McLeod Paetec or Windstream or anyone associated with them!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Upon receiving a promotional offer for my elderly mother I called for her to look into it. After it was all said and done I got transferred 3 times and 2 hours later the last person told me it was only offered to certain people. Him couldn't the first person saved 2 hours of my life. Also I got hung up on as I was saying thank you. Lol. Horrible company. I actually had them in the past but there's no option where I live but Spectrum or Windstream and Spectrum is way too much for an elderly person by themselves in a studio apartment. Can't figure out why they wouldn't want my 20 bucks a month so my mom could have wifi for 1 device. Talk about greedy.

Windstream response

Good Morning, Michael. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I would like to explore providing service to your elderly mother. Hopefully, we can change your perception and provide a great value and quality service. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I had to call because they disconnected me although I paid the bill through their new app. Was on hold for over 30 minutes only to get someone who said they had to contact financial services because they see I had an unposted payment. Only to be dropped back into the queue and left on hold for over 30 minutes. Hung up and now on hold again. Their customer service truly sucks.

Windstream response

Good Morning, Khristinea. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Making a payment should be an easy process and I apologize that it was not. Please allow me to review this to make sure that you don't have this issue again. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I have a 2nd home which has Windstream DSL service. Several years ago, I requested an upgrade from 3 MB to 6MB when it was announced as being available in our area. It was done and speeds reported by the diagnostic software in the modem showed the effective download speed had noticeably increased, SNR was quite acceptable and HEC errors, while a tad high, did not seem to dramatically impair response times; viewing streaming TV had a dramatic increase in picture quality. I never quite got to 6 except on rare occasions which I completely understand. Last October, I placed the internet service on a vacation plan for a few months. I am returning next week and called Windstream to remove the Vacation Status. After 30 minutes on hold and 4 transfers, I finally got to someone who could allegedly have the service request scheduled and performed.

The scheduled resumption of service was set for January 3rd and I would have the identical as before. When the acknowledgment email was received, it stated that I was to get 3 MB service and a cost that was $3 higher than I was paying for the prior 6 MB service. After another 12 minute hold, I spoke with the call center who informed me that my location did not support the 6MB service and they could not provide it. Further, on her screen, she says she sees that I had 6 MB before the vacation plan. The soonest that a technician can visit to check the connection is another week away, January 11th. In her defense, the help desk lady was very sympathetic to my plight and my complete frustration with the answers. So here we are... 2 phone calls, 42 minutes of hold time, total elapsed call time of over an hour and the best they can do is investigate the possibility on January 11th. This is the most antiquated, primitive use of technology I can imagine.

In other markets, I have a few minutes hold time, the desk presses a button and immediately I have activated a satellite TV system, removed a vacation plan from the cable company, added services, etc., etc., etc. When is Windstream going to wake up and realize that this business model and technical service level is completely unacceptable in today's world. They are running a "rotary dial" service model in the era of digital technology. Even the poor cable companies run circles around them. If I had a choice, I would not walk; I would RUN. But they have us by the short hairs and could not care less about the crappy service and service levels they dole out. I appreciate anything you can do to expedite this and to please provide me an explanation why a speed I was quite successful in almost obtaining before is no longer available; and why I will be paying almost 10% more each month for a service that is 50% slower.

Windstream response

Good Morning, George. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced in an effort to have services restored to the 6Mb speed. I would like to help get this working for you. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We have been a long time customer as it’s the only internet we have access to. The bill is constantly changing. We are paying for 6 mg but during testing checks never get more than 2mg. We call get temporary fix - mysteriously is 4-5 while on phone with techs and then within a day down to 2. Worst service of any public company I have ever dealt with.

Windstream response

Good Morning, Brandon. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. We appreciate you being a long time customer of Windstream. I understand how important internet service is. I would like to review your account for resolution of the issues that you are experiencing. I have requested additional information via private message. We have not received that requested information as of yet. If you still need assistance. Please contact me via private message.

LaToya

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We have been a long term Windstream customer due to it is all there is where we live. When we first took it out we had excellent internet and telephone service. Although as time and technology progressed it kept getting worse and worse. Now it is truly unusable. It never works. It will work a day or maybe a week then be out. Zero consistency both phone and internet. I have zero problems with the techs. They do the best they can. It is the old infrastructure that is causing the problems. No matter how many times they fix it it just won't last. I am beyond frustrated because no one at Windstream seems to care anymore and they know it can only be a temporary fix.

To pay for this type of service is wrong. They should be paying me or reimbursing me for all the outages and not showing up when they say they will. We are waiting on a service call again and the tech was out less than 2 weeks ago trying to get it fixed. It's not his fault. The company sure loves to get my monthly payment but can't even provide me the service l pay for. If there were another provider in the area I would leave this horrible company in a second. And the sad thing is we are not big internet users simple email and online school work for the kids. So it's not like we use a lot of internet. We do zero gaming and very limited streaming when it works. I hold no hope anymore and truthfully can't stand Windstream service.

Windstream response

Hi George. Thank you for your review of Windstream services. We appreciate the feedback though apologize for the frustration you have experienced. Please view our private response as well and respond with the requested information. We'll be glad to assist you in resolving your concerns. Thank you. - Amanda.with Windstream.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Constant issues with download speeds. I have to call way too often and reboot modem all the time and it is fairly new. Technician comes or calls, says problem is resolved and it last a few days then back to no good. No one in my town that I know of is pleased with them.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Karlyn. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how frustrating it must be to have consistent issues with service. I apologize that this has been your experience. I look forward to assisting with resolution. Please review and respond to the private message at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Really Windstream? You call me on the telephone, you tell me I am getting a new modem. Yet, when I go to set it up, you tell me it will take 3-5 days for it to be activated... It took 3 days to get to the moon and that was in the 20th century. Your timeframe to activate modems is shameful. Shame on you. Period.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Anthony. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I agree that is a lengthy time frame for a modem activation. The length of time can be attributed to other circumstances. However, I would like to expedite this as quickly as possible. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I called Windstream to put in a new order at my new address for the very first time. I wasn't home but someone else was at the house when he arrived. After the technician inspected everything, he called and told me that he's unable to connect anything because the wiring is too old and needs to be updated. He said a lot of these old buildings have old wiring and I could maybe reach out to the landlord or something and let him know. I said OK. I lived with not having Internet for a while. Later I got a bill in the mail as if I had gotten service. I called Windstream and the lady told me to ignore it because it was cancelled. I ignored it like she said. In the meantime, I put in another order hoping somebody else could help hook me up with Internet. Another tech came out and was here for several hours and was able to provide me service. I now have Internet service. Later I got the bill and I paid it.

Soon after that, I got another bill but this bill was from the first visit when I unable to get service. I called Windstream and explained the same thing over and over. From my conversation, I thought this was going to be handled by cancelling this bogus order and everything would be fine. Later, I get a call from collection agency about this bill. I'm furious now. I called Windstream and finally spoke to a guy. I don't think he understood the situation thoroughly. He said he will put in a request to have this reviewed. I said OK but was trying to remain calm. About a month later, I get an email about a new alert on my credit report. I go to my report only to find that Windstream has reported this unpaid bill to the credit agency... A bill that I never had service against... The bogus bill. I'm going to attempt to try to call Windstream and hope they will resolve this. If Windstream wasn't the only local Internet provider, I would definitely cancel my account.

Windstream response

Hi Kimmery. Thank you for your recent review. We regret the experience you have had. Please respond to our private message as we would be like to help you resolve your billing concerns. My name is Amanda and I work at Windstream and assist with customer concerns via web based reviews. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Same issue as everyone else on here. No one is doing their job and it is taking them over 5 months now to cancel a disconnect order. Still no resolve and now I can't even port my number over to a new company because of this. I can't and won't recommend this company to anyone.

Windstream response

Hi Robin. Thank you for your recent review of Windstream. My name is Amanda with Windstream and I assist with customer concerns via web based reviews. Please see our private message and provide your Windstream number and additional information you have on the trouble you have been experiencing so we can help. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Charging convenience fee for paying by credit card. Not only has Windstream started to charge for credit card use they have also listed themselves as a utility-electric provider to avoid paying bonus points provided by Chase credit cards. Dishonest company, poor service. I will not be renewing my contract with them.

Windstream response

Hi Richard. My name is Amanda with Windstream. We appreciate your review and your feedback. We'd be happy to help you with any questions you have regarding any taxes and fees. Please feel free to respond to our private message with your concerns, and your Windstream number. We apologize for any frustration you have experienced. - Amanda.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

One day I have e-mail service and the next day for no reason I have no e-mail. Tried to resolve the issue of what happened with customer service in the hopes of fixing the problem. In the process I was referred to three departments each requesting the same user identification, addresses, phone numbers, customer numbers and then putting me on hold while they refer me to someone who will resolve the issue.

Finally, the last department said they could not help unless I also provide a pin identification number which I provided and they confirmed my identity and account to their satisfaction but could not provide a solution in the e-mail service. It appears that suddenly they cannot provide a resolution to my e-mail service leaving me with a defunct e-mail provider with valuable sent e-mail which I can't access. The person I talked to would not give her manager's number so I could get resolve the issue. Definitely the worst customer service and customer help that I have ever experienced. Stay away from this service provider.

Windstream response

Hi William. My name is Amanda and I work at Windstream. I regret the frustration you have experienced and would like to see if we can help. Please respond to our private message with the requested information. We'll see what we can do. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have had 7 lines 'pending' disconnect since 7-18-2018. That's 5 months, no matter how you look at it. We are still getting billed monthly for these 7 lines. I have called, emailed, called back - and over and over I have been told it is 'now taken care of'. I am currently awaiting yet another return call. At 454.98 times 5 that's $2,274.90 that Windstream now owes our company. Really? A communication company that can't communicate? A company that provides internet technology for connectivity to the world can't close open tickets or disconnect lines? I bet if we don't pay the bill, they will be disconnected! I have one phone line with you, get this fixed, and get our organization our credit!

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Jeff. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had the delay in having services disconnected. Please provide me the opportunity to correct this as soon as possible. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I had to rate a star or I wouldn't have given any. In August of 2018 I moved and had my service moved. They never cancelled the other address and was charging me double on my account for 4 months and still haven't refunded my money which is over $400. I keep getting the go round and transferred from person to person and getting hung up. I am looking into a good lawyer to sue.

Windstream response

Good Morning, Candance. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had this experience when moving service. This should have been a smooth transition. Please allow me to correct this issue. I have requested account information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I strongly recommend not using this service for office phones. Again and again, Broadview changes circuit #'s to the phone lines running into the building. Broadview refuses to give us, the client, the circuit number and refuses to give the Verizon techs the phone # not working. Customer service personnel are often confused and almost always disagreeable and dismissive. All calls are followed by a multitude of robocalls stating that they are providing you, the client, with excellent service.

Windstream response

Good Morning, Carnegie. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had issues with service. Please provide me the opportunity to have your issues addressed. I have requested additional account information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Updated on 12/29/2018: After my initial post I very quickly received a response from a company employee. However, nothing has changed. How is that the company is so quick to respond via website post complaining about their service, but no action to resolve the matter has been achieved. What about so many of the other customers that have had or are having issues with Windstream? Who hears their frustrations and doesn’t hear them for that matter? A consumer should not have to go to such great lengths to get merely what we pay for.

As for my internet issue, another 17 days has passed since my initial post of 12/11/2018. Again, I contacted Windstream today to get a status update as to my activation date. I was told by a customer care representative that my activation date was now listed as January 7th, 2019. When just a few days ago, I was told that my activation date had been listed as January, 4th 2019. I find it quite ironic that Windstream Communications has so very little internal "communication" between departments inside of the business structure. This simple fact is the root cause of my frustration and why I take it that Windstream has a review of 1.5 stars out of a possible 5-star rating. Again, the customer is the losing party in this type of business model.

Original Review: I just moved to a new residence in the Sanford (27332) area, in doing so as part of my income I needed to acquire internet service to make the move from our previous address to the new as seamless as possible. I made contact ahead of time with Windstream Customer Care staff and confirmed that my new address was serviced by Windstream. I made arrangements with the customer service staff member to move service on the date of 11/30/2018 to the new address. I was advised by telephone that nothing more would be needed other than transporting my current router from the old address to the new address and plugging in.

Needless to say, I did as informed and had no signal to the wireless router. I contacted the customer care staff back on the date of 12/02/2018 and was then informed that service could not be obtained at that time due to the lack of connectivity in my area. I was told that there is no exact connection date, and they are unsure when I would be able to acquire service. I have been told as recent as today (12/10/2018) my connection date again undetermined? Windstream is fully aware that they are the only provider in my area, hence why they can get away with such poor customer service. If I had another choice for internet, or If I were you; I would choose another company that has more genuine concern for their customers. As soon as I have another viable option I will be canceling any future service.

Windstream response

Good Morning, Brandon. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your frustration with the delay in installation of your internet service. I apologize that we did not meet your initial commitment. Please provide me the opportunity to escalate this for as quickly as possible. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have been going back and forth with customer service and billing since the first of November. I had them and they are rude and full of lies. I even did a survey online and it asked could someone call me about the problem, guess what? NOBODY HAS CALLED YET! I paid on my account with my husband debit card and thought I canceled the arrangement from my bank account over the phone through the automated system. But one of the nasty billing representatives said I could do it over the phone so therefore the extra payment came out my account as well. But before they finally got the money I accumulated 4 Overdraft fees because they kept trying to take the money but it wasn't there. But the next week they tried again and they took another $150.00.

I was very upset because I had other things that was supposed to have been paid but they wouldn't give the Overdraft fees back. I even called corporate and she was nasty also, but by now if they were doing their job they would see that I have paid over and credit my account But They Haven't!!! I will be seeking legal action.

Windstream response

Good Morning, R.R. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had this experience when trying to resolve your billing issue. I would like to help for resolution. I have requested additional account information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Received Flyer for upgrade to 15mb at set price for one year with final price after that year. Online/website same info so completed order. Same deal is available today has never changed. Neighbors have been thru same issue. Same bait and switch. Upon upgrade advised unable to perform 15mb only 12 due to cable and network in area. No issues service spotty but it does work. First bill twice what was advised/ called customer support, advised the ad was old, was enhanced service. Yada yada pay it. Rural area no other providers can break into area. Multiple calls advising of the website/flyer that shows date still valid does not matter pay it or don’t get internet.

I cancelled after three years of this, our bill now being over a $100.00 for 12mb with multiple outages, and one for a month limited service for their own equipment updates with no credit. Cancelled first day of billing cycle advised will be responsible for whole month until modem is received and validated, and cannot take their rental back to local office has to be mailed in as well as responsible for any refurbishing to the unit. So in all paid $360 for their modem in rental fees, $1,200 more than should for service over the years have written to BBB to their own customer support with no response all I can say if you can get another provider do so.

Windstream response

Hi Matthew. Thank you for your recent review regarding Windstream. My name Amanda with Windstream and I assist with service and billing concerns via online reviews. We regret the experience you have had. Please respond to our private message with the requested information. We'd like the opportunity to assist you. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I scheduled an installation at my rural address for 12/4/18 and initially thought everything was smooth and easy, yet when the date arrived (and I took an unpaid day off work to be home) nobody showed-up or called. I finally call customer service and get some scripted excuse about service availability (which was already verified 3 different times before the appointment was made!) so I asked to speak to someone else--and was hung up on...called back and this time was told the tech attempted to call but because nobody answered, they cancelled my job. WTF?! Upon further review, they had modified my order after it was placed and someone re-entered my phone number incorrectly...completely THEIR FAULT.

Furthermore, they never sent a tech to verify if someone was home to go forward with the install? Who does that? I work for a service based company and we will still dispatch a tech, regardless...thats policy! So I was expected to take another day off work to reschedule...because of their screw-up and their BS Policy. No thanks, this was eye-opening to what they consider "customer service" before they roped me in. What a Joke of a Company that is only still open because of Government Grants to run fiber optics.

Windstream response

Hi Bryan. My name is Amanda with Windstream and I assist with Windstream service issues via online reviews. I would like to help you. If you would, please respond to our private message with the requested information and include any further questions or concerns. We can certainly review and address this appropriately. We regret any inconvenience and frustration you have experienced. - Amanda.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Updated on 01/02/2019: I wrote about a month ago about Windstream lying to me at least twice about me having to have a home phone to get internet which my bill was always over $100. And then a lady named Amanda gets in touch with me from Consumer Affairs and ask for my information and saying that see what she can do about you know the problem and I never hear nothing back from her. I'm thinking that she probably just went ahead on and fixed it. You know maybe they took the $111 from my bill previous from changing it without the home phone which brought it down to 47 and some but now I just get a bill saying that I owe $111 and some bill. I'm thinking about switching companies.

I don't think I should have to pay for something when I was lied to about having to have it! I want people to know YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A HOME PHONE FOR INTERNET!!! I think this was just to keep making them more $! Taking away from families who don't have extra money to give and especially when I didn't use it nor needed it. Which they were also told that when I asked if I had to have a home phone. I'm really disappointed!

Original Review: I called Windstream twice since having my internet. I asked them, "Do I have to have a home phone to have internet." They told me yes both times! I just googled asking if I needed a home phone to get Windstream internet and it said no! Naked DSL WITHOUT A PHONE LINE ACTIVATED! So I call and got it changed with no phone service. My bill will be now $45 from $105.00 a month!!! I had hard times paying that big bill and for something I do not use. I'm having to do payment arrangements and hope I can come up with the money to pay them by the date agreed on. It's just not right nor is it fair! Other than that, I have great experiences from Windstream. When I need time to pay the help me as much and as far as they can. And I appreciate that. I just wished I didn't have to pay money for something that I do not used and asked about if having to have it.

Windstream response

Hi Tanessa. Thank you for your recent review. We regret the frustration you have experienced and would be happy to help you. My name is Amanda with Windstream and I assist with customer concerns via online reviews. Please respond to our private message with the requested information so we can review your billing and see what we can do. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

In February 2018, Windstream changed email servers. As soon as this changeover was complete, I wasn't able to receive ANY reports (single sales, daily reports, daily bank deposits, monthly sales reports) from Square Up's payment services. I contacted Square Up about the missing reports and was told that they were bounced back as a closed/non-existent email address. For that reason Square Up ceased sending the reports. I contacted Windstream customer service and was told that it must be a problem on Square Up's server. I kept the Windstream rep on the phone while I called Square Up and had a 3 way discussion as to what needed to be changed.

It took several times before I could receive Square Up emails again. I also suddenly started having 4-6 spam emails a day coming into my inbox. I blocked them as per Windstream Customer Service instructions, BUT they kept coming to my inbox. On November 01, 2018 the abuse@windstream.net AND reportspam@windstream.net have ceased to receive forwarded spam emails. Instead, the forwarded email is returned with a 554 5.7.1 [P42] Message blocked due to spam content in message. When I contacted Windstream about this they were aware that it was happening and were hoping to have it repaired "soon". It's December 03, 2018 and the bounce backs are still happening. The spam filter listed addresses continue to send me spam emails AND are listed on the spam filter by name with domain name AND just the domain name. Listing both ways should stop any incoming emails from either source.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Gene. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how frustrating spam e-mails are. I would like to help with resolving this issue. I have requested account information for resolution of this issue. Please review that request and respond at your earliest convenience via private message.

LaToya

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have 2 TV modems and I wasn't able to watch TV in the living room for almost 2 months. I paid and no discount. A technician came and change the modem in the living room and it was fine for a couple of weeks. I was able to record programs from any of my 2 TVs. Now, it's been 3 days and I'm unable to watch TV on any devices. "TV signal has been lost". Called customer service and the lady was very concerned and polite. She tried to sent a signal, she really tried in different ways but was unable to fix the problem. She put a ticket for repair and a technician suppose to be here in 3 days... that's the sooner. I wish this problem can be fix once for all. I'm tired of resetting the cable box, going thru configurations, and then errors popped.

Windstream response

Hi Jesika. Thank you for your recent review. My name is Amanda with Windstream and I assist with customer concerns. We regret the delay you are experiencing in getting your service repaired. If you would please respond to the private message I have sent you requesting more information, we'll be glad to see what we can do. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have been a Windstream customer over the span of 10+ years and just returned after relocating back to KY. To my dismay the internet has grown less stable and more pathetic with time. My family and I have (3) houses on the same street and the max speed offered is 12/1... Hello year 2000... but it gets worse. Due to some insider information from techs/engineers for Windstream it has been brought to my attention that our copper wire was pulled in the 1980s and has a concerning number of jumper/boosters to re-connect the existing damaged lines of service to our area. More they have used lines dedicated for our street/addresses for new neighborhoods developed around our street leaving us longing to join the 21st century internet standards.

My recent return to Windstream has been jampacked with disconnects, pathetically slow internet and overall poor service. The techs are very nice people and skilled at what they do... This is clearly an infrastructure/upper management issue that has gone ignored so long that I not only prefer, but am currently writing this review on my Sprint hotspot...Praying for Comcast or another serious provider to move into my area or maybe... Windstream could get their ** together and compete to provide a stable, competitive product in both price and services.

Windstream response

Hi Daniel. Thank you for your recent review of Windstream. My name is Amanda with Windstream. I assist with customer concerns via web based reviews. We would be happy to review your services and see what we may do to improve it. Please respond to our private message with the requested information. We regret the frustration you have experienced and would like to help. - Amanda.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Frequently stops recording and shuts down, needs resets, jumpy playback with pauses. Not able to tell how much disk space has been used. Trying to keep used disk space at a minimum, Sometimes the picture quality is great for a little while. Thinking of going back to Spectrum.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Richard. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that you are having issues with your television service. Please give me a chance to troubleshoot your concerns. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Windstream expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2006 Windstream Telecommunications is a publically traded company with headquarters in Little Rock, Ark. They provide Internet, television and home phone services. Customers receive a discount when they bundle multiple services. Not all services are available in all areas. They currently have residential services in 18 states.

• Live chat: Customers with questions or problems can use the Windstream website’s live chat feature. Representatives are available from 9:00am to 9:00pm on weekdays.

• Extra features: Windstream offers caller ID, call forwarding and call waiting. Voicemail services are available for an additional monthly fee.

• Lifetime Price Guarantee: The Lifetime Price Guarantee Plan will remain the same price for as long as the customer has phone service with Windstream. This plan includes unlimited long distance calls.

• Online guide: Home phone customers can download the Feature & Information Guide. It has directions for using extra features, troubleshooting advice and helpful tips.

• Best for: Windstream is best for anyone interested in VoIP calling and/or those interested in bundling multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs