1.26/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

469 Windstream Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

This company does not even deserve a single star. I have never written a review on anything anywhere, but today I must tell someone about the crooks at Windstream. From the very beginning there were massive issues. We told them numerous times to have bills sent to our home address or email address as we have no access to the mail at our retail store. About a month or so after opening we were unable to ring up any customers and lost thousands in business before realizing Windstream had shut us off. After contacting them repeatedly with no answer we finally went in person to speak with a representative who assured us we would face no penalty fees and they would have us back online shortly. They also assured us all future bills would be sent to the mailing address we instructed them to send them to.

Fast forward to today. I have not seen a single bill and decided to reach out directly as I have been working to get all bills for my multiple stores set up on auto-pay. I am now on the phone with Windstream for over an hour with no help. They finally give me access to bills where I find that the bills include late fees and re-connection fees totaling nearly $100.00 which I am told they will not waive despite telling me months prior that there would be no fee. I thought Comcast was bad. This company is an absolute joke that want nothing more than to nickel and dime you while offering TERRIBLE customer service and blatant LIES. These people should not be able to operate in the United States period! I would rather stick needles in my eyes than talk to these crooks.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

NINE MONTHS: Length of time the temporary phone line strung across my lawn and my neighbor's lawn has remained unburied. MORE THAN A YEAR: How long it will have remained unburied if it is not done before the ground freezes here in Pennsylvania this winter. TWENTY: Number of times (at least) I have contacted Windstream to request status and to have the work expedited. SEVEN: Number of times Windstream has promised to check on the situation and get back to me. ZERO: Number of times they have actually done so. FOUR: Avenues of communication I've tried (support@windstream.net; phone conversations with reps and supervisors via customer service/repair phone number; direct conversations with line bury supervisor; response to survey asking "what can we do better".).

NINE: Number of months the area around my deck has remained bare dirt or mud and weeds as I hold off on planting grass and groundcover until after the excavation to bury my line. FIVE: Months that I used Roundup to control the weeds in that area, before learning that Roundup causes cancer. FOUR: Months I've had a pile of topsoil blocking half my driveway to be used in that landscaping effort. OVER SIXTY: Number of times my neighbor and I have mowed our lawns and had to pick up the temporary line with each pass of the mower along our side yards. 1.5 MONTHS: How long I've been mowing around utility marker flags placed in my yard on 9/27, to enable the contractor to bury the lines.

Each time I have spoken with someone at Windstream, they have been unfailingly polite and sympathetic; each time, I have been patient and understanding. However, both they and I (a so called "valued customer") appear to be ABSOLUTELY POWERLESS to get ANSWERS – let alone ACTION. I am BEYOND FRUSTRATED! Windstream should be paying me for the aggravation of being their customer!

Windstream response

Good Morning, Eileen. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your frustration, as this process has been long. I would like to ensure that this process comes to a resolution as quickly as possible. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Been a long time customer of Windstream high speed internet and decided I would give my review in the following categories that pertain to me. Internet; I am a gamer, I enjoy smooth gameplay at low latency. The internet package I purchase has exceeded my expectations by cost and constantly hitting the mark on speedtest.net. Another huge plus, you do not get a WiFi bandwidth cap, which is great if you are into watching Netflix or just streaming YouTube. I have two computers hooked up via ethernet, PlayStation, two Rokus, laptop and 2 iPhones via WiFi, I have no complaints. Customer Support; Windstream support is professional and what you would expect. I have only needed to call Windstream on a few occasions and I was able to get my issue addressed the same day. I have no complaints.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Danny. Thank you for detailing the positive experience that you have had with our internet service and customer and technical support. We strive to provide a great experience and service. We appreciate your business and review.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I am the general manager of a marine dealership. We had been a Windstream customer for 6 to 7 years. They originally got our business by offering a super competitive price. Our internet service was slow but, at that time we didn't have a lot of other viable options so we stuck with it. Over time they slowly - but regularly - raised our rates until they were extremely high. We decided to look at other options. We found a significantly lower price (with faster internet). In fairness we tried to contact Windstream via e-mail and through their website (and we had already reached out to our rep). NONE of our 3 requests were even responded to.

As a result, we went to a different service provider (who was cheaper and offered significantly faster internet service) and Windstream kicked us in the gut real heard by requiring us a pay for an extra month of service after we canceled our service with them. (Keep in mind we asked for service and pricing options 3 different times. We also had never been late on a payment.) My very strong advice is to avoid Windstream!! Extremely lousy.

Windstream response

Good Morning, Trent. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Thank you for being a Windstream customer for 7 years. I regret that due to a series of miscommunication missteps on our part you have chosen to go to another provider. However, I appreciate you providing us the opportunity to correct your final bill issues. If you ever find need for Windstream service, please feel free to contact me for assistance.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I've been with Windstream for 14 years only because I have no other alternatives. They've been charging me $60 a month for 3mb service! [And my speed was 1.2mb tops EVER]. My mother has 100mb thru Spectrum for $19.99! I want my money back for the last 14 years! They recently upgraded my internet to 3mb service [supposedly] by doubling my phone lines so I should be receiving 2.4mb at least... I'm not. And the topper is they supposedly invested all this money into optic fiber with money from the government. It's allll around us, but I don't have it! I know people down deserted dirt roads that have the fiber optic and I'm closer to the hub and I still don't have it.

3 years ago I had an accident and now cannot work on plant site because I'm a fall risk, so I have to run my drafting business from home. Have you ever tried to download drawings & software on 1.2mb service that's spotty at best??? Hotspot to my cell phone is 5x faster! And for years I've been reporting problems with phone & internet going out when it rains. They've been out numerous times, closed the ticket, and still haven't found the problem.

One of the repairmen even heard the static on the phone line. This guy gave me his personal cell so I could call him when it was acting up and he would come over! Too bad the higher ups don't have the heart that some of their employees have. [He's retired so you can skip the witch hunt]. Enough is enough! I'm launching a personal campaign against Windstream. You want to charge me $60/month for garbage... Fine! Let the battle begin! Your advertisements on high speed internet are lies. It ends now!

Windstream response

Good Morning, V.P. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how important internet service is in this age. I apologize that you have issues that prevent you from being able to use this service as expected. I would like to help with finding a resolution to improve your overall internet experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Windstream?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

When we moved to KY in 2013, we only had one choice for internet and landlines - Windstream. Unfortunately, it is still the only service here after five years. I have called their office on a bi-weekly basis regarding internet going in and out and phone lines with static. It is extremely frustrating, especially when you work on the phone and internet a lot. We pay over $200 per month. We've had the same technician come out all these years and he said, "Their cables are from the 1960s and until they update them, you'll always have problems. You are too far from their main box." If you have a choice to use another service, look into it before signing up with Windstream!

Windstream response

Good Morning, Joyce. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your frustration concerning your service issues. However, I would like to be able to review your account for resolution of the issues that you are experiencing. I requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I had a low upload speed, I called them on a Sunday. They said it would be fixed within 48 hours. On Tuesday I call and they say it's working. It was not and they had made it even worse. On Sunday my upload speed was 0.5 mbps when it should be at least 1.5. On Tuesday after they "fixed the problem" I had a upload speed of 0.0 Mbps, and a socket error. They made another ticket and the following day they said it was all fixed, but it was no better same as on Tuesday.

Now they made another ticket and again did not fix it at all. Now on Friday they said they would send techs on today or tonight, and that I would receive a call from their tier 2 service regarding all the trouble they had put me through. Come close to dark, having not heard a peep from them, I call again only to be told they had scheduled a tech to come on the 30th!. Liars! Charlatans!

Windstream response

Good Morning, Chris. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize for your ongoing issues with your upload speed for your internet service. I would like to review your service for the most prompt resolution. I requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

SLOW INTERNET, if you want that call Windstream, drop internet call Windstream. Had repairman here a 20 mins ago, after he left drop internet 5 times less in two hours... Call them two times, they telling the repair guy will return check on it. Well no show!! Worst company, ever!! You better with cable hook up!!!

Windstream response

Good Morning, James. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. It is our goal to provide our customer's a quality experience and I apologize that has not been your experience. Can you please provide me the opportunity to address these issues. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Updated on 10/26/2018: I have not gotten any assistance. Promised in this forum to check into it. Apparently didn’t. Sent me an email asking for my phone number with no ability to reply as it is an unmanned email box. Internet access is so bad that I cannot even download an app. This is what this part of rural America has to put up with due to Windstream's monopoly.

Original: We are supposed to get 3gb. We get less than .5 at all times. I called Windstream AGAIN. They disconnected me 4 times and then sent me back to a number that rang 32 times with no answer. One rep told me that they could not service us because there was no improvement to be done because we are on copper lines. They do however charge us $60 a month. They have a monopoly in our area, nothing else available. I believe this is criminal behavior and need to be investigated and fined huge fines. They have always been slower than dialup and if dialup was available I’d go back to it.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Robert. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your frustration concerning your internet service. Please allow me to review your account for any options that can improve your overall internet experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My bill had jumped up to $100 for phone and internet. Called and rep said if I upgrade, my bill would be cheaper. Next month, bill jumped over $15 more. Called again and was told a credit I knew nothing about from 2009 had expired. I was also told I was lied to about the upgrade lowering my bill. Rep said she could take off the bundler. Now I have no long distance. Called a third time, and was told they couldn't make more than one change per week and they would call on Saturday. No long distance, no caller ID, and no phone call from Windstream. As soon as I find a better internet provider, I will be switching to that and cellphones. Love the way they treat a customer of 38 yrs.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Robert. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Thank you for your business for 38 years. I apologize that you have had this experience with your billing. I would like to help correct what services are missing and any billing inaccuracies. Please give me the opportunity to make this right. I have request additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Had a tech come out and tell us someone spliced our wire into another user. We were getting 20mb. Called to get a credit and like all other have said, the $8 per hr employees are rude, condescending and the worst company I have worked with. Worse than direcTV and that is very hard to do!!! Told that we don’t charge for speed so they can’t credit our bill. So if I go to McDonald’s and order a Big Mac but get a McDouble, Windstream logic says, "We gave you a burger didn’t we? Look at your bill, we charge $4 for a burger but below that it says Big Mac but see we don’t charge you for a Big Mac just a burger." Yeah but I ordered a Big Mac.

Then Windstream flunky yelling now, "Sir do you have a bill? Read it... We only charged you for a burger!!! See where it says Big Mac... It says charge $0. Sir how can I credit you for a Big Mac when we only charged you for a burger?" Crap all business should use this illegal bait and switch. Hey car dealer I bought a new Cadillac? Duh sir, we charged you for a sedan... See where it says 2018 Cadillac? It says $0 dollars!!! That is why you got a new Chevy Cruze. It a car and we don’t guarantee the Cadillac! Scumbag company!

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Jodi. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your frustration and dissatisfaction based on your experience. Please allow me to address your concerns and service issues. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Had an appointment set up for techs to put a modem into our home office for my work. Tech comes out, unplugs modem in living room, plugs in another one. We call and they come back out that same day, but only install a phone jack in the office. Still no modem. This is time sensitive stuff, that I needed for work. We call back and spend 2 hours on the phone and are told they will have someone out the next day to get it done. An hour later, after hours of course, we get an automated message saying the ticket has been resolved and closed.

Now they are saying it could be a week or more. They can't even give us a date. What am I supposed to do? There is no local office, no one can help. I'm going to be missing out on money that my family needs, especially with the holidays coming up. Isn't there anyone making sure these work orders are actually done? I mean, McDonald's can get an order right, but Windstream drops the ball twice in one day? I wish I had more options, I would leave Windstream and never look back.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Maria. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you had this issue with getting a modem installed. Please provide me an opportunity to make this right. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We are paying for internet speed that we aren’t receiving. It is so slow that we have a hard time getting a short 50 second video to load and sometimes (like right now) one freaking comment won’t load! Forget watching a YouTube video, it’s not going to happen! We need fiber optic line and they’re too cheap to spend the money. They suck!

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Ruth. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that your internet experience is not meeting your needs. Please allow me to review all options to improve your experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Opened a trouble ticket yesterday with Windstream, they closed it this morning because, "Other people in the area are reporting their issue clear." We are having the same issues all day, customers are unable to get through to us and we are potentially losing business. Called to have the ticket re-opened and the tech calls back and yells at me for at least 3 minutes. I had to ask him to stop yelling multiple times. He blamed me for his inadequacy to trouble-shoot the problem and just would not listen to anything I had to say. He was condescending and extremely rude and unprofessional. Trouble tix ** need to be escalated. The call needs to be pulled and someone in authority needs to listen to how the techs are treating the business customers. If this issue makes it to the owner's desk, I'm certain he will entertain other provider options.

Windstream response

Thank you for your review. My name is Amanda with Windstream. I assist in responding to reviews and also assist with resolving customer concerns. We regret the frustration you have experienced and would like to help. Please respond to our private message with the information requested. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

This morning I woke up after the severe storms last night due to Hurricane Michael with no phone or internet, I called Windstream because I work from home and because of this loss I have now lost $102.50 in pay today because I have no service and I am angry. If I keep losing days from work I won't have a job and won't be able to pay my bill because the line is down and now I am told a pole is broken. Windstream cares nothing about its customers unless they are big business.

Windstream response

Hi Brenda. Thank you for your review. My name is Amanda with Windstream. We would be glad to assist you in getting your service restored. Please respond to our private message with your Windstream telephone number and we'll be happy to see what we may be able to do for you. We regret any frustration and inconvenience you have experienced. - Amanda.

Resolution response: Oct. 22, 2018

This is now resolved. I found a person who finally took ownership. I ended up with multiple numbers assigned to me in error, and after the number change took place took over 10 days to get appropriate voicemail set up on the number they gave me.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I called with a simple request. Please change my telephone number. My number has been incorrectly advertised with a local business and I’ve been attempting to have them change it for months. I get their business calls all the time. I called on Wednesday, they told me the new number, and they said it would be active Thursday (next day by 7:00). That didn’t happen. Ticket said closed but my number was not changed. I called Thursday, they said it would be resolved Friday by 7:00 and didn’t happen. I called Friday and asked for a supervisor, they said it was escalated and supervisor would now have up running Monday. Didn’t happen although ticket said closed. I gave them a break on Monday and didn’t call.

On Tuesday I called and spoke with someone in the morning who said it would be resolved by 7:00. Didn’t happen. I called, spoke again with someone, was disconnected from them after 20 mins, then called back, spoke with another rep and requested a supervisor. I outlined for the supervisor who rudely told me he was in billing so couldn’t help himself (and reminded me that was calling before they were about to close at 8:00 pm... but I called AFTER the 7:00 deadline. They said the service would work). He assured me that he would get someone online with repair as that is where it felt it needed to be as records show the new number at my home but it’s not, still old number. All he did was just drop me in queue for the repair line and take off (this is a supervisor). Really?

FINALLY reached repair, had to open yet another ticket, and 1 week later after 6 days of being told the next day I would have a number change, NOTHING. They have 1 more days. Then a complete disconnect. I cannot believe the runaround on this and with options I can’t believe they maintain customers. The sad thing is the people are kind, nice, but in my opinion, have no ability to problem solve. Unbelievable. 7 calls and multiple hours and not resolved.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Michael. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Changing your phone number should have been a seamless process. I apologize that it wasn't. Please allow me to make this right. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I have been with this company for years and have both phone and internet service. I never use the phone but feel better knowing I have a landline should I need it. The internet has given me high blood pressure! My teenagers all had Xbox or PlayStation and I use an iPad and a Chromecast. We were all able to use our devices at the same time years ago but did experience some lagging so I agreed to the upgraded speed. After complaining months later that the speed was the same, they insisted the problem was in my home. So I carved the time out of my schedule once again to have them come out and “fix” it.

After a whole 2-3 days of them tinkering, they left me with what should’ve been better service. It is not! I called again spending about 30-45 min each call mind you and reported the slower speeds. This time they brought out this bigger better modem. My kids have since grown and moved out. There are two people in the house now yet with my bill over $100/mo I have less service than I did on the basic plan!!! I have to have the other person get offline so that I can put on a movie on Netflix or disconnect my Chromecast and iPad so that he can use an Xbox! There’s something not right and I’m betting I’m not the only one they’ve ripped off over the years!

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Jennifer. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize for your frustration concerning the speed issues that you have experienced. I understand how important reliable internet service is. Please allow me to review your account for assistance with this. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have been a Windstream customer for over 13 years and cancelled my service today because I no longer need it. I am told that it will take 1-2 business cycles to process my cancellation! So I have to continue paying for a service I no longer need or want for another month or 2. This is highway robbery and should be illegal!!! In today's day and age this can and should be done immediately. Shame on you Windstream!

Windstream response

Good Morning, Steve. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Thank you for your business for 13 years. I regret that you had issues with getting your service disconnected promptly. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My law office used Windstream for several years for our multi-line phone system. In the past year or so, we had CONSTANT technical issues, some of which essentially disabled the phone system, and crippled my office! Despite numerous attempts to resolve the issues, said problems were never fixed. As a result, my practice suffered very significant damages, and clients were harmed as a result of not being able to reach us. I had to switch to another provider, in order to mitigate my losses.

Windstream then held the porting hostage, refusing to timely switch my numbers over. Now, I get a collection call from some agency purporting to collect on behalf of Windstream, alleging that I still owe them for two more months, pursuant to some FCC regulations, or some such nonsense. They are demanding over $3,800! I will be initiating a lawsuit for several hundred thousand dollars for my losses, and the numerous breaches, violations, and any other causes of action I can think of.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Jeffrey. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I certainly understand your frustration as it relates to the service experience you have had. I would like to help with reaching a resolution. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I have been a Windstream customer for about three years. The entire first year I had crappy service until they figured out the problem and then fixed it. I was given a credit for this for one month; not the entire time. Time passed and then I began to experience more service issues and when I called tech support was told that they could do nothing to help me. About a month went by when I called again and they sent a tech out. Turns out that at some point in time they spliced someone else's service line onto mine. No credit given for this. Now they are advertising a new faster service for my area at a cheaper price, yet when I try to order this service online it says that I have to call.

So I call and am pretty much forced to pay for a phone line that I do not need, do not want, and do not use. Yet the worst part is that I come to find out that when I got the service initially I was signed up for 13 different phone options that I did not want nor ask for. When I asked about charges on my bill before in the past I was always given an attitude and was told that "They are charges that can not be taken off because they are government charges, like taxes." Now I do not know about anyone else but this seems like an outright lie to me about a public utility; which is a crime.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, James. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize for any miscommunication concerning your billing for the service. I would be more than happy to review your bill to ensure that you are getting the services that you want. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I hired ATC to provide me phone service for my company's 25 seat call center. The service would go down numerous times per day and I'd contact their subcontractor (He tried numerous times to fix the issues) on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times on the same day! He could never get the service to stay running for 2 days in a row. It became a blame game. They would blame Comcast, the internet provider and Comcast would blame ATC. All this time costing me thousands of dollars in lost business and payroll. Finally, after countless failed attempts, the subcontractor and I agreed to remove the equipment. Months later I received a letter from the company stating they are suing me for breach of contract. Costing me a large amount of legal fees. To this day I am still being harassed by their collections attorney requesting a settlement amount.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Herculano. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret your overall experience with this process. Please allow me to assist with addressing your concerns. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

A rep came to our house and convinced us to get our service through Windstream. We did so and it was scheduled to be hooked up almost 2 weeks later. The day of our connect date, no one showed up. We were told our account was set up but now we would have to have a photo ID and our SS card copied and notarized and then it would be another 3 weeks. We kept getting the run around for weeks. We told them to just forget it, already tired of the hassle associated with them. Will be telling everyone we know not to have anything to do with Windstream.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Kimberly. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize for any miscommunication about the installation process. When setting up new service, it requires a credit check. If an alert comes up or if you have a limited credit history; we do require identification for security purposes. Please review the request for additional information via private message for additional assistance.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have tried to initiate service. Two technicians have come by and both have said the same thing. The box that services my address is out of ports and I am told that the install is now on hold but have no way of knowing if and when it will ever be installed. From the comments here, it would seem they are doing me a favor by not being my provider. So far, the times I have contacted customer service I have received incorrect information and attempts to end the conversation with, “Someone will contact you in 6-8 weeks.” Who finds this an acceptable wait time in this day and age? It’s a simple card install into an available slot (per the techs that have come by) yet an entire unreachable department must be consulted and no information can be given to the potential customer? How is this company still in business?

The first tech even told me that other customers in my area have been waiting for months with no change and I could expect service in a week to a year. Seriously? Someone really should overhaul their customer service and learn how customer service works and why it’s so crucial to retain and attract customers. The incorrect information I had received regarded service availability and speeds. This has prolonged and clouded our decisions on this matter which has wasted time and money on other resources.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Ian. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Thank you for giving Windstream a chance to provide you service. There are times when orders are delayed but I would like the opportunity to escalate this issue for resolution. I have requested additional information via private message. Can you please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

What I needed was so simple: just to move my router to a different phone jack. What I got was one hour of being transferred from one department to another, and back to the same department again and again. Ridiculous and senseless. I don't blame the minions working the phones, however. It's clearly a management issue. It's as if the company is run by a bunch of complete idiots. All they would have to do is look at their dismal customer service ratings and make obvious improvements based on feedback like that available here. But apparently their priorities lie elsewhere: perhaps in counting their profits from their captive rural audience.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Adrian. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. It is never our intent to have you go through this frustration. We definitely use all feedback to improve. I would like to ensure that your concerns are addressed. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

After 11 years under contract, and now month-to-month, we went to cancel 2 of our 100 voice line services. Talked to a representative on their "Chat" feature and was told to call the number for Enterprise customers. Called and was transferred twice and then told to use their web portal with my login to disconnect. Logged in as directed... Went to "My Services". Lo and behold, there is no drop down menu to disconnect. Time is money in today's world, but here I sit having to try and cancel my service through a review website? Ridiculous...

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Been trying to transfer my Windstream phone number to a new mobile carrier for over a month now. The new carrier has requested the number at least 6 times now and the request has been elevated via email 5 times. I have spent over 10 hours on the phone with the new carrier and Windstream. Twice via customer service email Windstream has indicated that they will release the number to the new carrier but it never happens. My last phone call with Windstream ended with the Windstream customer service saying "WELL I DON'T KNOW NOTHIN' BOUT THAT".

My last email exchange with Windstream customer service ended with "Our Customer Care Work Group has been made aware of your concerns and will be reaching out to you soon." That was 13 days ago and not a word from them since. Windstream is clearly in violation of FCC regulations but they continue to ignore my requests to release the number to the new carrier. If you have any alternative stay away from these Windstream.

Windstream response

Hi Robert. Thank you for your recent review. We regret the frustration you have experienced attempting to port your number. My name is Amanda with Windstream and I assist in responding to web based reviews and help resolve customer concerns. I have sent you a private message requesting some information in order to assist you. Please respond and we'll be glad to see what we can do. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We have been a customer for many years. We lost phone and internet service on Aug 25. I called daily trying to get the service restored and each day was told we would have service by the end of that day. After many days of nothing but lies and numerous amount of time on the phone trying to get someone to care enough to fix the issue, someone finally looked into it and sent out a tech. Finally, on Sept 11 after several calls on our cellphone they sent a repair man out. He told us he was glad we kept calling otherwise the issue would never be fixed. No one seems to care and just gave the standard company line, absolutely terrible and no compassion for the hardships caused by their service issue.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Carl. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I sincerely apologize that you had services issues that lasted this long. That is never the expectation. I would like to address the time for repair and make sure any credits that need to be applied are. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have been a customer of Windstream for over 10 years now. I lose phone and internet service anytime it rains. Long waits to repair service come out. I had it fixed last Wednesday and it's out again on Sunday. I had to wait 9 days last time for it to be fixed. Did they credit me. No. I think this is very bad. Now I find out today all my immediate neighbors are out also. I wish they would fix this permanently.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, James. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that you have been experiencing issues with your service. I would like to help with getting your service restored and any credits for out of service applied. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

On 9/8/18 our phone line went dead (no storm, no major outage). We cannot make calls or receive calls, even to our voicemail. Our VM went out for two weeks last month as well. If you call my home number, it states my number is not valid and no longer in service. WTH? Bill was paid on time as always so no issue there. My cell is extremely limited in home, have to walk to end of driveway for it to work. Now Windstream is known for bad service in N GA-everyone dislikes them because they provide horrific service and it's sporadic at best.

I phone Windstream and got an automated ticket saying it would be fixed by 9/16. 9 days?? I have no way of phoning anyone, calling 911 if needed and I have numerous possible job interviews trying to call me with a disconnected #. I also have a family member in hospital - of which can't reach me. I filed an FCC complaint this morning in hopes someone cares enough to help. 9 days is ridiculous. There was no storm, no winds, no rain, no excuse. Until there is no longer a greedy monopoly called Windstream stealing $ from hardworking individuals this will be a problem. A new alternative cannot come soon enough.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Jennifer. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstsream. I understand the importance of properly working phone service. I apologize that you have been without service. I would like to escalate the repair of this issue for resolution as soon as possible. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I would not recommend purchasing services from this company. Customer service is the worst. Endless hours have been spent trying to resolve a refund issue. We are shifted from one department to another, with a substantial wait time for each representative. No one can ever find any information on the account and passes on to someone else.

Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Amy E. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had to spend so much time attempting to get your issue resolved. Please allow me to assist you. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Windstream expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2006 Windstream Telecommunications is a publically traded company with headquarters in Little Rock, Ark. They provide Internet, television and home phone services. Customers receive a discount when they bundle multiple services. Not all services are available in all areas. They currently have residential services in 18 states.

• Live chat: Customers with questions or problems can use the Windstream website’s live chat feature. Representatives are available from 9:00am to 9:00pm on weekdays.

• Extra features: Windstream offers caller ID, call forwarding and call waiting. Voicemail services are available for an additional monthly fee.

• Lifetime Price Guarantee: The Lifetime Price Guarantee Plan will remain the same price for as long as the customer has phone service with Windstream. This plan includes unlimited long distance calls.

• Online guide: Home phone customers can download the Feature & Information Guide. It has directions for using extra features, troubleshooting advice and helpful tips.

• Best for: Windstream is best for anyone interested in VoIP calling and/or those interested in bundling multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs