3.8/5 (501 ratings)

About Kinetic by Windstream

Windstream is a data network provider with nationwide high-speed internet services. Windstream has multiple plans to fit your internet needs, including unlimited data usage, bundling for internet and television and security add-ons that protect you from viruses and malware.

Kinetic by Windstream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic by Windstream?

Original review: April 2, 2021

I had it installed last December. Every day since I constantly see no internet connection, exit to set up a connection daily. Called to get it fixed. Was told it's working at the time so can't send anyone to fix it! I live across the street from the hub, should not be having any problems!

Kinetic by Windstream response

Hello Christine! I'd like to take a look at your services to see what we can do to improve. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account or telephone number and I will be in touch asap. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I have been working remote and my child is doing virtual learning. I called on 2/16 and was told that they would send someone out. This is the second time in a month that the internet has went out. I have made 5 calls to Customer Service. Finally I was told it was an outage in my area and it would be taken care of by February 17th in the morning. Here it is 7:54pm 2/17 and still no internet. No one has reached out to let me know an estimated time. They kept saying, "We will keep you updated." I have heard absolutely nothing from them. Very unprofessional. It appears they are not even trying to fix the problem. If they are fixing it then some communication on an ETA would had been appreciated. I think it’s time to switch providers.

Kinetic by Windstream response

Terri, I certainly apologize that there were not updates provided. I'd like to ensure that you've been provided an adjustment for the time you were out of service and that we have the correct contact information. Please email me with your account or telephone number to wincanhelp@windstream.com, thank you!

Get buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

We used Windstream at our previous address for a few months. When we moved we called and had our service shut off and had new service started at our new address. Our new service kept getting interrupted for non payment which was an issue because my 5 kids are virtual schooling and our payments were up to date. Then we received a 400.00 bill. After 3 hours on the phone and being “disconnected” (hung up on) by rude customer service representatives 4 different times we figured it out.... They never shut off our old service and we were still being charged for it. And because it wasn’t getting paid they shut off our new service. Even now, a month after the issue has been “resolved”, we are getting new bills for the old service which clearly STILL isn’t turned off and our new service is interrupted again but that’s due to our own mistake so I called to set up arrangements to get it paid and was hung up on 3 times today.

I was warned not to use windstream by friends and family and I did not listen. I will warn people from now on not to use them. They are the worst. No one has reached out to try to make it right or fix any of it. They just do not care as long as they are getting your money. I wouldn’t have even given them one star but it was required to leave a review. Unbelievable.

Kinetic by Windstream response

Danielle, Thank you for your patience regarding this matter. I'm glad we were able to work together to get this resolved completely.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

They promise everything and give nothing. It is constantly going down. When they add a new customer our service suffers. The servicemen give the fault to to many customers and very little upgrading.

Kinetic by Windstream response

Hi Richard! I'd be happy to look at your service to see if any improvements can be made. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I'll be in touch! Thanks,

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I live in a rural area and cell phone reception is non existent at my house so I rely on a landline. I lost phone service and after 7 days still am without service. After 4 days was told there was no service call logged. I was then told that I would be called to tell me when the repair would be. I then asked how can they call me when the phone is not working. I explained that there is no cell reception at my house and I was about 300 feet down the road from my house in order to get cell service. The message was then repeated with no explanation. This was with a call with the reps supervisor. Previously, I was told that I would be contacted by email. Needless to say no email was received. I have had them for 20 years and service has been okay up until now. I am now looking into an alternative to Windstream service.

Kinetic by Windstream response

Hello William! I'm sorry that your phone service has been out. I'd like to escalate this with the local team to ensure we get you back up and running. Please email me with your account or telephone number at wincanhelp@windstream.com and I'll be in touch. Thanks, Maggie

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

Windstream has a frequent service down which occurs about once a month. The say we are getting 50 G of service where I have a meter on it and I have never gotten over 23 G, which I feel is fraud. They say that the speeds will slow down during peak times, but my normal use is around 3 am and I seriously doubt if a lot of people are on it the same time as me.

Kinetic by Windstream response

Hi Richard! Thank you for sending us a review! I'm sorry you've been experiencing issues with your service. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information so I can see what is up with it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I was a customer of Windstream for over 10 years and did bundled billing with Dish Network. I had to cancel because we sold our house and I no longer needed the phone/internet where we were moving, but needed to keep Dish and therefore "unbundle" my billing. I was told by Windstream when I cancelled to only submit the amount necessary to satisfy my Dish Network portion of the bill. I did that, but Dish Network only received half of that payment and Windstream is unable to tell me where the other half is. I also now have an outstanding balance with Windstream. I have spent over 6 hours on the phone trying to figure this out with the worst customer service I have ever experienced, was on hold for over an hour waiting for a supervisor in Financial Services to pick up before being hung up on. Up until this week, I would've used Windstream in the future when needed. Not a chance now. I will never be a Windstream customer again.

Kinetic by Windstream response

Hello Meredith! I'm so sorry that we've been unable to rectify this situation. Please email me at wincanhelp#windstream with your account information so I can assist in resolution. Thanks, Maggie

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I signed a new 60 month lease on 10/14/2019 to keep my phone bill what it was on in August of 2019 ($154.13). It increased by $23.92 in June 2020 and now by $273.76 (triple the amount it was in August 2019 and in clear breach of contract). There is no one to talk to. You are given a ticket number and someone will try to resolve your issue by email. The $23.92 was never resolved and now that they got their way on that this triple increase in rate. I've got an email saying I've been assigned to Mohammed **. I just want to cut ties and take my business elsewhere.

Kinetic by Windstream response

Alan, I apologize about the increase you've experienced. I can take a look at your contract with us to ensure we are within the terms. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I will be in touch. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

This is probably the worst customer service organization I have dealt with in 25 years of doing business across the State of NC with multiple locations. My business is one of the top 50 privately owned businesses in NC. I was unfortunate enough to deal with them during the process of their bankruptcy filing in 2019-2020. I assume that the reasons for their lies and deceptive practices were based upon a reluctance to alter their balance sheet during the bankruptcy process. Over the course of one year I repeatedly called to have billings for numbers that were no longer in service corrected.

Each time I was told that it would be corrected, given a case number and told to wait until the next billing cycle and all would be well. After 10 months I was so frustrated that I ported all of my numbers to another carrier. Windstream still billed me. During my last call I was told to wait 2 months for the corrections to appear on my bill. Instead, after one month they turned the account over to a collection agency. The collection agency informed me that all 17 of my case numbers with Windstream meant nothing and were just a record that a call was made, and could not be looked up to see any detail.

This despite the fact that on each of my 17 calls the Windstream rep. was able to see the details of each of my previous calls. The collection person Gina B. with Access Receivables had the temerity to tell me "You don't want to go to all the trouble of filing a complaint with the NC Attorney General's office, instead of wasting your time pay half". I settled for half the amount that I didn't owe, and banned Windstream from doing business with us anywhere for eternity. Think long and hard before you partner with these fraudsters. Personally I would use mobile access before I would consider anything these prevaricating shysters sold.

Kinetic by Windstream response

Tim, thank you for takingthe time to send in a review of your experience. I certainly apologize that we were unable to come to an agreement to continue doing business together. I'd like to take a look into your former account with us to review and see where we can improve moving forward. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com for additional assistance. Thanks, Maggie

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I would not recommend using this company for your business at all. The customer service is awful. If you have a problem prepare to be redirected multiple times and told different answers by everyone. When you cancel service, be prepared to be rescheduled multiple times, be told they made a mistake and it will be taken care of and refund you, only to continue receiving bills and go through more phone calls and different people who do not know what the person previously told you. Save your time and money and chose another company. This is an ongoing battle I would not wish on any business.

Kinetic by Windstream response

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with us. Please send me your account info to wincanhelp@windstream.com so I can look into this further and see where we dropped the ball. Thanks, Maggie

Kinetic by Windstream author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2006 Windstream Telecommunications is a publically traded company with headquarters in Little Rock, Ark. They provide Internet, television and home phone services. Customers receive a discount when they bundle multiple services. Not all services are available in all areas. They currently have residential services in 18 states.

• Live chat: Customers with questions or problems can use the Windstream website’s live chat feature. Representatives are available from 9:00am to 9:00pm on weekdays.

• Extra features: Windstream offers caller ID, call forwarding and call waiting. Voicemail services are available for an additional monthly fee.

• Lifetime Price Guarantee: The Lifetime Price Guarantee Plan will remain the same price for as long as the customer has phone service with Windstream. This plan includes unlimited long distance calls.

• Online guide: Home phone customers can download the Feature & Information Guide. It has directions for using extra features, troubleshooting advice and helpful tips.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team