1.1/5 (81 ratings)

About H2O Wireless

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

H2O Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Bought a phone with a discount and a $60 plan after asking agents how many months I have to keep the $60 plan. On the phone and on chat, every agent told me after 1st month I can switch the plan. However, now they don't allow it. Emailed captured proof from the chat, no response. Now they telling me to keep the $60 plan for 24 months. The Sales Agreement said to remain an H2O customer for 24 months, not with a $60 plan for 24 months. Worst customer service. They all said something else each time I called, hung up on me, or said things in very offensive ways. The supervisor (Frank, ID #**) hung up on me twice.

Where does your website say you have to keep the $60 plan for 24 months ($1440) to save $250 on the phone? This is a false advertisement and a scam. I wasted so many hours of my time making many phone calls. The whole crew of agents does not want to listen or help. My sister who referred me feels very bad and mad as well. Her family of 3 with many years with the service is withdrawing their service. Very bad, bad, and bad experience. I wish I can talk to someone in upper management other than Frank who talks very offensively and hangs up the call every time.

H2O Wireless response

Hello, Yeun! We truly apologize for the miscommunication that has occurred regarding the plan requirements to receive the Instant Phone Discount. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. In order to receive our $250 off device promotion, you must be activating a new line of service and porting in your current phone number, qualify to finance the device, remain on our $60 Unlimited Talk, Text, and Data plan of the 24-month conditional sales agreement, remain on AutoPay and service must be activated within 30 days. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued H2O Wireless customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I tried to transfer my phone number to H20 after paying for the SIM Starter Kit. I received an email saying the number was asked to be transferred from my old phone company. It would take around 24 hours. One month after, still waiting. I sent an email to H20 asking for help, just in case I had misunderstood the process of transferring and I was missing something to do. No response from H20. I have decided to stay with the old phone company. At least, they respond the customer. I just regret the money I spent for the useless SIM Starter Kit. Miserable company.

H2O Wireless response

Hello, Mario! We're disappointed to hear about your experience with H2O Wireless thus far, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. After reviewing your order, we see that it is outside of our refund policy. If you would like to activate your H2O SIM card and service plan, you may do so using the link below. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued H2O customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I paid my bill on the first of the month and they charged me 55 dollars and 63 dollars. They lied like I was going to refund me and after 5 days no refund. It's the 18th now and no refund. Now I'm out on the street. I'm on a set income. They saying I had used my money up in Data. I've been in the hospital on their wifi so I know they are lying so I'm about to cancel my card and open a fraud charge on them.

H2O Wireless response

Hello, Andre! We are displeased to hear about this billing issue that has occurred. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. After reviewing your account, we confirm the refund has been denied due to the high-speed data usage. At this time, you have 32GB of high-speed data available, out of the 60GB allotted for the current billing cycle. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued H2O Wireless customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

Hello, my phone carrier H2O took 155.77 dollars from my account without my authorization in Sep 2022. I called them to return the money but they were very reluctant to do so. So, I called my credit card and report it as a fraud. I won the dispute. Then, I did not use my phone for a while but when I wanted to use it, I found out that my SIM card is inactive. I called them and they told me to "return the money to them if I need my phone number again". The customer services were literally yelling at me to return the money. I did not buy anything and I did not authorize any money to them. User's recommendation: Please do not work with them and cancel your enroll in auto pay.

H2O Wireless response

Hello, Mohamed! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H2O Wireless, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused. After reviewing your account, we confirm the plan was changed to our $150 annual plan on 09/18/2022, which was charged at that time. Once the chargeback was processed, the account was cancelled. In order to reactivate your account, the chargeback will need to be repaid. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued H2O Wireless customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

They activated a phone I have never owned on my account. This deactivated my sim card. It took multiple calls to figure this out. The troubleshooting was so bad, one guy only had me turn the phone off and back on, another told me my phone wasn't compatible with the network. The 4g phone I have been using for 2 years on the network. The same type of phone my son has on that network that I was talking to them on, bought at the same place at the same time and activated on their network the same day. 4 times tech was supposed to call back and didn't. Finally someone got me to a supervisor and they found the problem. Took 2 more calls to get the new SIM activated because the first guy of course said tech would call me back. They are only crediting 15 days of the 3 weeks I lost that I paid for.

When I called today to find out if they were going to do the remaining days I first was asked if I wanted to reactivate the phone I never had even after I explained I never owned that phone. Then I was asked if I wanted to spend more money and recharge my service which isn't up yet. Then when I asked for a supervisor he sent me to a line that stated voicemail was turned off for that number. Call 2 she tells me there is no supervisor that takes calls and 15 days is the maximum they will do. So I am denied days I paid for and the ability to speak with a supervisor. I am pretty chill with representatives having done that work but this is beyond even my ability to stay chill. The customer service here is abysmal. It smacks of, "We couldn't care less about the customer. Just hand over your money and shut up." I am furious at how badly this has been handled and am letting people know my experience any chance I get.

H2O Wireless response

Hello, Melissa! We regret to hear about your experience with H2O Wireless, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. Regarding your account, we confirm the recharge date has been extended to occur on 12/29/2022. At this time, we are unable to extend your recharge date further. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued H2O Wireless customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I'm a fairly new H20 customer. A few days ago, my text messages stopped working. Waited in chat for almost half an hour, no representative to be found. Had to call, got it all straightened out. Got in chat the next day to find out why my phone wasn't getting 5G service, After waiting in chat for over 30 minutes, I had a representative tell me that 5G and 4G LTE are the same thing. Which isn't true. Ended up calling in again and was told to take my phone to a phone store. (It's a brand new 5G phone). Bottom line, I wasted over four hours in two days dealing with their customer service department. Still no 5G. Still no help. Was never offered any sort of compensation for my time. (It's not a customers responsibility to spend hours trying to fix something that's not their fault.) Stay away from H20 wireless, try one of the other ATT MVNOs instead.

H2O Wireless response

Hello, Josh! We regret to hear about your experience with H2O Wireless thus far, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. After reviewing your account, we confirm the phone number provided has been ported out of H2O Wireless and has been released to your new carrier. We hope that you may give us a try in the future if we can better suit your wireless needs.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

After 8 years of incident-free H2O Wireless service, with 4-1/2 years of AutoPay, I cancelled AutoPay on 11/12 after finding excess charges without consistent email notifications after 3/25/22. AutoPay had charged my $10 Pay-As-You-Go account $9 + taxes and fees every 90 days, my account Remaining Balance has been over $100 in 2022, so my 2022 transaction history should now show three payments (3/25, 6/23, 9/21). My 2022 transaction history shows 10 payments (listed below), 8 payments were charged each Wednesday from 9/21 to 11/09, 11/09/23 is last day of service as of today. I received AutoPay email notifications on 6/1/22, 9/14/22.

The 10 payments in 2022 would cover $10 Pay-As-You-Go service into 2024 if charged every 90 days after 3/25 and with my previous usage, so I will end H2O service after 11/09/23 if the 7 excess payments ($66.85, 7 X $9.55) are not refunded to my credit card. I attempted to contact live chat three times on 11/12 with this message, one chat representative didn't reply after 40 minutes, the other chat representative asked for my mobile phone number with no further reply after 30 minutes, then didn't reply after 30 minutes on another try. I am rating 2-star because of the previous 7 years of incident-free service and successful transfer from 3G to 4G service, otherwise would rate 1-star, my experience with H2O Wireless AutoPay shows either inability to manage business information systems or unethical business conduct.

2022 Payment Date/Time
    2022-09-21 07:49:13
    2022-04-24 06:57:59

2022-03-25 07:20:17

H2O Wireless response

Hello, Joel! Please accept our sincerest apologies for the billing issues you have experienced, and for the inconvenience you have been caused. After reviewing your account, we confirm a balance of $195.47 has been credited to your account, and the expiration date is scheduled for 11/09/2023. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued H2O Wireless customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I've called into H20 customer service 3 times yesterday to find out what's going on with my Data. None of the reps can assist me. My MMS was working just fine, then it stopped. I've tried everything I've read on Google to Rectify the issue myself but to no avail...

H2O Wireless response

Hello, Renee! We're so sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your H20 service and would like to make things right! After reviewing your account, it appears that the MMS issue has been resolved through Facebook correspondence. Due to the time it has taken to reset the MMS feature, we have extended your recharge date to 11/15/2022 to make up for the time your service was not functioning. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H2O experience.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Similar to what others have stated, same sad experience here. Service used to work fine (two lines for my kids) for years, then H2O broke it sometime in first half of 2022. It's been a circus trying to get this resolved since beginning of June. Hours on the phone with their reps, typing ever-changing APN details in the phone to no avail, a tech support ticket that never got any follow-up, an email to customer service address they gave me that produced no response... Reps apologize for the inconvenience, sir, but offer no resolution, and will not return the accumulated balance of $220. Our phones still don't work (one is able to handle texts, but no voice, the other nothing at all).

At this point, I don't have any use for this broken service as kids got themselves different plans/numbers, unwilling to spend the summer without a working phone, but the company refuses to refund the balance (for a service they failed to provide) and close the accounts. Making more customer service calls feels truly pointless, they always go the same way and I'm all out of my supply of H20 hours. Most disappointing how this went down. It used to be a decent service we enjoyed for years.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Roman! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H2O Wireless thus far. Please accept our apologies if you have received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this matter further and have sent you a private message. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H2O experience.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I purchased $100 annual plan on Aug 24. 2022, and got nothing so far. We contacted the customer service 6 times on phone and via chat. Received No shipping or tracking information so far. The representative disconnected call 4 times without providing status. We called customer service times on Sep 2nd, and spent about 3 hours with 6 of the representatives. Each time, the representative pretended to solve the problem, and they left us on the phone for 40-45 minutes, then hanged up on us. Save your time.. WORST!!

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, NIL! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H2O Wireless thus far. Please accept our apologies if you have received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this matter further and have sent you a private message. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

h2o® Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

H2O Wireless Company Information