H2O Wireless
1.77/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

H2O Wireless

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

H2O Wireless Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2019

We've been with H2O Wireless about a year now. I've been dealing with them 3rd party and would say they are comparable to AT&T (and work off my AT&T signal booster). We are very happy with the service. Our 3rd party wasn't keeping up their end of the deal with autopay so now we deal with them directly and we are saving $16 a month, which isn't much but adds up! I called customer service about a charge I accidentally made and they are fixing it. The customer service was good and they were very helpful and also, I loved their privacy feature of their credit card usage. I've very satisfied and happy to be an "official" H2O Wireless customer! I recommend them to lots of people when they ask us who we have. Now, husband and I aren't data users so we just use Wi-Fi or do without. So I can't speak of the data capabilities. Glad to find a good company.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I've had H20 wireless for several months now and my only complaint is that on occasion I've not received calls. I've tested this and this is the first service provider that has had this issue, on the other hand the price is unbeatable in comparison to other providers. I switched from Straight Talk which was charging me 45 dollars a month for what appears to be the same service. I joined during a promotion to get the first month free, I received my free month and am impressed enough with the service that I'm paying for a second line so a friend of mine will test it out. Is it quality like Verizon? No, it's budget service and the price is right.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have been with H2O for about 2-3 years now. The quality of the cellular service is what I experienced using ATT. The data works as expected too. This service has turned out to be solid value for money. If you are shopping around, I read many reviews of frustrate customers (particularly of late as of June 2019). I use auto-pay. I have not had to cancel so cannot attest to that experience. However, I was charged twice in the very beginning for a good reason (I was confused about how to activate and somehow created two accounts). I received a credit in a timely manner (within 1-2 weeks).

Technical support is ok BUT, I have run into situations where I needed to find my own way to download the data configuration file. I suspect many of the recent complaints is related to the fact there was an update that I was asked to run. It went well. I’m now versed at going to the link and installing the configuration. So the process is not seamless.

Long-distance: I call Canada. I have not ever been charged for a call. I did run into long distance issues. I was confused because it seemed to happen “all of a sudden” when I needed the service. I ran into the 10 unique numbers per month ceiling... it took a little while to figure it out. Finally, I had technical problems with AT&T and Verizon. I can’t say I have experienced a different experience with H2O... except of course that I’m saving over $80/month! My conclusion, I agree there are some rough edges. Quality of the technology seems comparable. The cost savings is remarkable.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have used T-Mobile for about 6 years; however, the reception was never very good. This year, I decided to try H2O wireless based on positive reviews from other people. I found out very quickly after popping in the SIM card and activating it that these people that gave me positive statements about H2O were right! H2O's wireless service is excellent! 4G LTE works perfectly, my texts get sent out without a delay in sending it and making calls are no hassle at all. My only complaint with H2O is that when you first activate the card, you need to add a new APN in order for your 4G LTE to work properly. To get the information needed to add the new APN, you must call the H2O customer service. Otherwise, the service is amazing, the representatives are friendly and I am glad that I chose H2O!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My personal experience was just grabbing a new H20 sim card and popping it into my smartphone. Well, not really- calling and text worked, but data didn't, because their default network settings weren't correct. I had to search for alternate network configurations, test out a few to see if it worked, and it took me about half an hour to do it. Now, everything works perfectly.

I can easily see someone who never delved into their phone settings getting angry or confused, especially if they're used to carrier provided phones that are set up out of the box specifically for that carrier. But with so many phones out there, it's no wonder some need different configurations- and if you're using a MVNO, you need to be prepared to do a little legwork. There's no excuse with Google around. If you can't figure it out yourself, ask someone else.

Online recharge is great. Don't enroll into auto recharge, it's not worth the savings and it's a hassle to cancel. Yeah, I read the fine print. Make use of the many promotions, and you can do that by changing your plan to another one the month the promotion is going on. Process are on the website, and they have some offer for everyone- both pay as you go (I recommend that for a backup phone that you only recharge every 3 months) and unlimited + data, where, well, depends on your data usage. I average about 3ish GB a month, so 4GB is perfect. Speeds are about as you would expect. Overall it's a pretty good value proposition, albeit some people may have to do some setup.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Every time I come back from a weeklong trip to Europe, I can’t make international calls anymore. I always get a message that "I don’t have enough funds in my account to make this call.“ However my account is in good standing and the validity is also okay. Last time when I called the helpline it took me 3 hours on the phone to get the problem fixed. This time I complained via email with customer service. One week later I haven’t even got an answer yet. If I could give zero stars I would have done so.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I've been using H2O for over 4 years now. I started using it because it was cheap, and had unlimited calls/texts and plenty data. I was disappointed that I couldn't do group messages or send/receive picture messages or use wifi calling, or many other features. But I was okay with it because of how cheap it was. But recently I've constantly been having problems with their coverage. I live in a big city in the US, and couldn't get any signal at home for several days last month. It got fixed (or seemed to be fixed) after 3 days. Now I get full bars at home, but can't receive or make phone calls. It's been a problem for a week now. Not having wifi calling AND not being able to receive/make phone calls, that is just unacceptable.

I contacted their customer service. The first time they just told me they didn't know what was wrong and told me to wait and see if it would get better. Second time I contacted them, they told me it was tower upgrade, which would be fixed in 24 hr. But still, after almost a week, it's still not working. If a phone can't make phone calls, what do you need the carrier for? Switching carrier this weekend.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have been with them for over 6years. For under 30dollars a month I can't complain too much. I have free text messages overseas and 20 free minutes of overseas calling. Plus 3gb free everything else. I don't care for somethings. But hey for the money you can't find anyone else that comes close to this. What I get would easily cost 100 dollars a month.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Before I decided to choose H2O, I verified that my phone would work with their SIM card and service. They said it would work, you know, the stupid little congratulations, your IME is compatible. Had to pay for the SIM card, received it. Worked on it for SIX DAYS, back and forth with the company who continued to lay the blame on Boost saying that my phone was locked, which it isn't. It's been unlocked for over a year. On my last chat session with the company I was told to go to one of their retailers and BUY A NEW PHONE that would work with their SIM card. Seriously!!! During those six days I was either on chat support or I would sometimes call. Don't call!!! You will not understand a bloody word that is said. Stay away from this company!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I've contract the company for my son and in two hours he spent the $10 we put in the account because they charged us the income phones (from our phone to his) and the data's. It was a swindle!!! Never again! And they don't want to refund us the money...Please don't go with this company! Awful and disgusting how they treated us.

h2o® Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs