1.1/5 (85 ratings)

About H2O Wireless

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

H2O Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about H2O Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Similar to what others have stated, same sad experience here. Service used to work fine (two lines for my kids) for years, then H2O broke it sometime in first half of 2022. It's been a circus trying to get this resolved since beginning of June. Hours on the phone with their reps, typing ever-changing APN details in the phone to no avail, a tech support ticket that never got any follow-up, an email to customer service address they gave me that produced no response... Reps apologize for the inconvenience, sir, but offer no resolution, and will not return the accumulated balance of $220. Our phones still don't work (one is able to handle texts, but no voice, the other nothing at all).

At this point, I don't have any use for this broken service as kids got themselves different plans/numbers, unwilling to spend the summer without a working phone, but the company refuses to refund the balance (for a service they failed to provide) and close the accounts. Making more customer service calls feels truly pointless, they always go the same way and I'm all out of my supply of H20 hours. Most disappointing how this went down. It used to be a decent service we enjoyed for years.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Roman! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H2O Wireless thus far. Please accept our apologies if you have received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this matter further and have sent you a private message. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H2O experience.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I purchased $100 annual plan on Aug 24. 2022, and got nothing so far. We contacted the customer service 6 times on phone and via chat. Received No shipping or tracking information so far. The representative disconnected call 4 times without providing status. We called customer service times on Sep 2nd, and spent about 3 hours with 6 of the representatives. Each time, the representative pretended to solve the problem, and they left us on the phone for 40-45 minutes, then hanged up on us. Save your time.. WORST!!

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, NIL! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H2O Wireless thus far. Please accept our apologies if you have received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this matter further and have sent you a private message. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

I was calling them multiple times. I tried to activate a promotion. Some agent would try. Others say it's not gonna work. One lady offered me 10 free days of service, but then after I typed my credit card number she disconnected. Nobody let me talk to a manager. They say either manager is not supposed to talk to a client or manager is busy and can't talk. In online chat is all the same thing. Offered me to write to email and some other stuff. But when manager doesn't want to talk to a client it gives you an idea what kind of service they are offering. Bad service and bad mood. And a lot of things. They just reading off a paper without bothering to find if I can understand their poor language. Now you have my email and you can write me back.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Gregory! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies if you received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this matter further and will be sending you a private message. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Resolution response: Aug. 16, 2022

I called customer service again, and finally, one of the representative was able to link my purchased annual plan to my number, and the phone is now working.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I purchased $100 annual plan on Jul 19th for my son, and got the package of SIM card on Jul 25th. We contacted the customer service on 25th and tried to transfer his existing H2O wireless number to the new SIM with annual plan. The representative did transfer the old number to the new card, but did not honor the $100 annual plan. We called customer service 6 times on Aug 4th, and spent about 4 hours with 5 of the representatives. Each time, the representative pretended to solve the problem, which is fairly simply credit issue, and they left us on the phone for 30-45 minutes, then hanged up on us.

I wrote an Inquire from their website on Aug 4th and Aug 8th about the same activation issue. No answer so far, and I am going sue them in the court to get my money back, and will switch the carrier after the current balance is used up. BTW, the H2O wireless often charges for unconnected phone calls, and charges me when I use WiFi calling at home. This carrier is a real thief for consumers.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Gator! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused. We will be sending you a private message regarding this matter. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

H2O Wireless has provided me service for a few years. My credit card on file needed to be updated as my previous one on file was compromised. The EXACT day the payment didn't go through, they cut off my service. I went online and updated CC info and made a payment and followed steps to reactivate. IT DIDN't WORK! So I figured it was me and put in another (2nd payment) of $56.97 (total of $113.94). I called the rep and asked to restore my service as I have a new credit card. He said I had to make a payment first. I explained I made 2 payments within the last hour. They hardly spoke English and kept telling me stuff I could not understand. I said...just turn my phone on and I will make another payment and I wanted a refund on the first 2 payments...blah blah blah...no help.

Called ATT to set up new service and ported out my number. Here's the deplorable part: I used their online chat to ask about my refund. The rep said: Read your contract--You do not qualify per your petition for a credit or refund. We do not refund or transfer balances. WHAT? YOU cut my phone off!!! I made 2 payments in good faith to restore my service and processed the payments AFTER they disconnected me. The payments were made in good faith to restore my service. It all went down the rabbit hole. They refuse my REFUND??? I need help with these deplorable people.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Georgie! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused. We will be sending you a private message regarding this matter. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: July 31, 2022

Hi, I am using H2O service and having trouble in using. Unable to make or receive call. I have called several times to customer service and gets disconnected itself after several call no resolution. It's very hectic situation and look. Please help on it. Thanks, Rajnish.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Rajnish! We regret to hear that you are experiencing issues with making and receiving calls. We would appreciate the opportunity to provide further assistance. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused. We will be sending you a private message to gather additional information. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Ordered new phone to replace an old one but they are unable to connect it to the network. I have contacted customer service by phone 9 times and they cannot connect the phone or tell me why. Then they escalate it and tell me someone will get back to me in 24 hours but no one ever calls back. Twice they have just hung up on me. I tried emailing and again no reply. I have asked to return the phone and they say someone will call back or they just hang up. Stay away from this company. They just cheated me out of money with a phone that does not work, I have probably been with them for 5 years but never needed help until now.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Donald! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far and would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. We will be sending you a private message to gather additional information. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Updated on 08/12/2022: This is just an update to the original review I wrote on July 26, 2022. I still have not heard back from H20 Wireless regarding the money they owe me. I'm in a kind of, 'catch 22,' here where H20 Wireless still has my bank debit card number because the only way I can hope to get a refund for the money they owe me is to leave my debit card open. Otherwise if I close the debit card, there is a chance that they will tell me that they couldn't refund my debit account because it is closed. (I hope I'm making this clear enough). I also run the risk of them charging me again automatically because they already did that to me after they closed my H20 Wireless account claiming that my phone was only 3G and they were not servicing 3G phones anymore. (I wrote a detailed description in my first Customer Review). Consumer Affairs, please help me with this. Thank you.

Updated on 08/04/2022: On July 26th, 2022, (9 days ago), I contacted Consumer Affairs regarding my terrible experience with H2O Wireless, the cell phone company that seems to be allowed to literally, 'rob,' their customers with no repercussions! I realize that some companies are now being permitted to take advantage of their customers more than ever before in the history of the United States but I never thought that I would have to chase a company the size of H20 Wireless for just about 5 months now, to get a refund of the money they owe me.

In my previous review, I explained that I had a balance of $20.50 on my H20 Wireless account when they shut my phone off completely in early May, 2022. They claimed that they were not able to provide service to 3-G phones any longer and I was using a 3-G phone. I asked for a refund back then and was told I would receive it in 3-5 business days. (I also cancelled my automatic payment for every 3 months with them). When I didn't receive the balance they owed me after a few weeks, I contacted them again and got the same reply, that they would send it in 3-5 business days. Since then I have contacted them at least 14 times now and they still haven't refunded my money.

To add insult to injury, they ACTUALLY debited my bank account, for the previously agreed amount that was set originally. Please note that after I previously cancelled the auto pay from being active and had not had any service with them for just about 3 months, they still were able to debit my bank account!! There seems to be NO STOPPING THIS COMPANY!!! I never in my life saw anything like this before! They just operate the way they want, stealing from customers/previous customers and they are allowed to tell the customers whatever they want and they never or if ever, refund the customer what's rightfully theirs or honor what they say they are going to do.

I now have several recordings of the representatives from H2O Wireless, lying to me over and over again about how they're going to refund me my money that they charged and overcharged me. I truly hope that my time isn't wasted in going through consumer affairs and making an effort to get my money back. Thank you Consumer Affairs for any help you can provide regarding my issue with this diabolical company.

Original Review: H2O Wireless shut my prepaid phone off back in May of 2022 because of it being a 3G phone. They never notified me but just shut it off. I was left with a balance in my H2O account. I then shut off my automatic billing that was in place for every 3 months. After contacting them at least 12 times over the last 3 months about them refunding me the balance of $20.50 in my account; they told me each time that the balance money would be in my bank account within 3-5 business days... I'm still waiting as they have done NOTHING to refund me my money.

Today, (July 26, 2022), I discovered that they took another payment out of my bank account with no authorization from me. This company should be shut down but because of the absolute effort of the New World Order to manipulate the population of the world, companies like this one are allowed to operate! I purposely left my debit card active so that this horrendous company, (H2O Wireless), would refund me my money. I never this diabolical company would debit my bank account again! DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!! My husband was the one who told me that I should buy my prepaid cell phone plan through them. At the time, I was using T-Mobile and it was going well. Unfortunately, I listened to my husband. (Consumer Affairs is really just a place to vent).

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Margaret! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 Wireless and we would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. We will be sending you a private message to gather additional information. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I have been a customer of H2O wireless since many years - I authorized H2O for autopay so that my service remain uninterrupted -my pay as you go plan required payment every 90 days - however recently I noticed that H2O charged my credit card consecutively for three months in February March and April 2022 - I requested them for the refund of excessive charge on my credit card but so far they have not refunded my money - customers need to be very careful before authorizing autopay to such business companies. Ashvin **

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Ashvin! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 and would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. We will be sending to a private message to gather additional information. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Same issue like all reviews here + I could not make international calls nor receive international texts as my service was about $60 a month which comes with these features as standard. Customers service personnel were bland and annoying and would hang up several times if they couldn’t fix the problem, they seemed cold hearted and not willing to help. Finally switched to Red Pocket Wireless and it is like earth & sky difference with connection & international calls. I did not even have to call customer service at Red pocket wireless for any issue.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Fares! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20. Please accept our apologies if you received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience. We'd appreciate an opportunity to make it right and hope you give us another try in the future.

h2o® Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

H2O Wireless Company Information