H2O Wireless
1.85/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

H2O Wireless

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

62 H2O Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2019

We've been with H2O Wireless about a year now. I've been dealing with them 3rd party and would say they are comparable to AT&T (and work off my AT&T signal booster). We are very happy with the service. Our 3rd party wasn't keeping up their end of the deal with autopay so now we deal with them directly and we are saving $16 a month, which isn't much but adds up! I called customer service about a charge I accidentally made and they are fixing it. The customer service was good and they were very helpful and also, I loved their privacy feature of their credit card usage. I've very satisfied and happy to be an "official" H2O Wireless customer! I recommend them to lots of people when they ask us who we have. Now, husband and I aren't data users so we just use Wi-Fi or do without. So I can't speak of the data capabilities. Glad to find a good company.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have been with H2O for about 2-3 years now. The quality of the cellular service is what I experienced using ATT. The data works as expected too. This service has turned out to be solid value for money. If you are shopping around, I read many reviews of frustrate customers (particularly of late as of June 2019). I use auto-pay. I have not had to cancel so cannot attest to that experience. However, I was charged twice in the very beginning for a good reason (I was confused about how to activate and somehow created two accounts). I received a credit in a timely manner (within 1-2 weeks).

Technical support is ok BUT, I have run into situations where I needed to find my own way to download the data configuration file. I suspect many of the recent complaints is related to the fact there was an update that I was asked to run. It went well. I’m now versed at going to the link and installing the configuration. So the process is not seamless.

Long-distance: I call Canada. I have not ever been charged for a call. I did run into long distance issues. I was confused because it seemed to happen “all of a sudden” when I needed the service. I ran into the 10 unique numbers per month ceiling... it took a little while to figure it out. Finally, I had technical problems with AT&T and Verizon. I can’t say I have experienced a different experience with H2O... except of course that I’m saving over $80/month! My conclusion, I agree there are some rough edges. Quality of the technology seems comparable. The cost savings is remarkable.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have used T-Mobile for about 6 years; however, the reception was never very good. This year, I decided to try H2O wireless based on positive reviews from other people. I found out very quickly after popping in the SIM card and activating it that these people that gave me positive statements about H2O were right! H2O's wireless service is excellent! 4G LTE works perfectly, my texts get sent out without a delay in sending it and making calls are no hassle at all. My only complaint with H2O is that when you first activate the card, you need to add a new APN in order for your 4G LTE to work properly. To get the information needed to add the new APN, you must call the H2O customer service. Otherwise, the service is amazing, the representatives are friendly and I am glad that I chose H2O!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My personal experience was just grabbing a new H20 sim card and popping it into my smartphone. Well, not really- calling and text worked, but data didn't, because their default network settings weren't correct. I had to search for alternate network configurations, test out a few to see if it worked, and it took me about half an hour to do it. Now, everything works perfectly.

I can easily see someone who never delved into their phone settings getting angry or confused, especially if they're used to carrier provided phones that are set up out of the box specifically for that carrier. But with so many phones out there, it's no wonder some need different configurations- and if you're using a MVNO, you need to be prepared to do a little legwork. There's no excuse with Google around. If you can't figure it out yourself, ask someone else.

Online recharge is great. Don't enroll into auto recharge, it's not worth the savings and it's a hassle to cancel. Yeah, I read the fine print. Make use of the many promotions, and you can do that by changing your plan to another one the month the promotion is going on. Process are on the website, and they have some offer for everyone- both pay as you go (I recommend that for a backup phone that you only recharge every 3 months) and unlimited + data, where, well, depends on your data usage. I average about 3ish GB a month, so 4GB is perfect. Speeds are about as you would expect. Overall it's a pretty good value proposition, albeit some people may have to do some setup.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Everything is good. But when I first get the phone had a little trouble to install, the instruction picture does not match the real phone. Anyway later, I fixed. It is better you install everything ready to go, only need active it. People like me may feel better, not stupid. Thank you anyway.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for the candid feedback and extend our apologies for any initial difficulty you may have encountered. We humbly reassure you that we take great measures to make sure that our products (sold on our official site) are essentially "ready to go" straight out of the packaging (once the relevant H2O SIM is activated, etc.). If you should need any service-related assistance ever again, we insist that you contact us at your convenience via (800) 643-4926. We also invite you to frequently visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com to stay current on all things H2O! Thanks for your business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I've contract the company for my son and in two hours he spent the $10 we put in the account because they charged us the income phones (from our phone to his) and the data's. It was a swindle!!! Never again! And they don't want to refund us the money...Please don't go with this company! Awful and disgusting how they treated us.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I bought an H2O SIM card at a Best Buy and followed the instructions for phone setup. Early on you enter the SIM number. I got to the end of the procedure where they assign a phone number and was then bumped to an agent who said the card was "disconnected" and I would have to go back to the store and get another. From another agent I finally found out that the cards EXPIRE after 1 year on the shelf. There is no "activate by" date on the package, so there is no way I could tell if the next card would work. Summary: SIM cards have a lifetime, no clue on the package, go through whole signup before they tell you it won't work, and then the explanation is inaccurate. The process is beyond stupid. I finally went with AT&T. Maxims: you get what you pay for, and you do everything twice.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Been using H20 for 3 years. Only now have I found out that I have been cheated on. I bought the "1GB" plan which they write in huge print, but I realized I am only getting 500 MB (in tiny print on the very top). Don't be fooled. Terrible customer service who keeps talking about their promotions for new customers and can't answer any questions. Slow to reply back and the only result is you will be frustrated. This is a whole scam and company doesn't provide what they promise customers. DON'T USE THIS.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I wish I could give 0 stars. A company that doesn't honor their promises and falsely advertises shouldn't be allowed to operate. Like others have said, don't be fooled by H2O's false advertising. I referred a friend based on the text msg. I received from them and based on what I read on their website. I believed they would do what they said: "h2o: Refer a Friend to get $30 for you & $30 for them when they activate with h2o! Visit http://bit.(remainder of url removed by me for security purposes) or Call 1-800-643-4926. Text STOP to Opt-Out."

When no referral reward came through after my friend activated, I gave them a call. They gave me a cop-out answer, "Your friend didn't buy his/her sim online. You can't get a referral without an online purchase." We went back to look around online and NOWHERE did it give that caveat! They do not honor their promises and they falsely advertise. A waste of time and money.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I've used H2O for almost 4 year. They were cheap when I started using. They have good signal and I didn't have problems not having service in most places. However, you can't send or receive group texts. You can't send or receive MMS and you can't use a personal hotspot. Also you have a limit of how long your texts can be. So, their services are limited. You never know about that until you send a picture to your friend and it's never sent. Or when you friend sends you a group text and you never receive.

Their customer support is extremely bad. When time I made a wrong payment and needed a refund. It took them 4 months to do so. Every time I contact them they are really bad. Never resolve my problems. I've been patient for 4 years. Now I just can't. I've going to Mint Mobile. They are cheaper and will allow me to send and receive group texts, MMS and use my personal hotspot.

h2o® Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs