1.8/5 (94 ratings)

About H2O Wireless

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

H2O Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about H2O Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I know that after 14 years and dumping them this month, I have earned enough street cred for this review. My dealings with them starting in 2018 have gone from difficult to impossible. For example: you cannot obtain your real account number without a multi-layer request and confirmation ending in a text message to your mobile number. Another example, they maintain no records of anything EXCEPT if you have made a payment transaction on one of their monthly plans. If you have a Minute Plan, they have no records. And, there are no records whatsoever of incoming or outgoing calls.

I have an email from the CEO, from three years ago, stating they don't have to keep records for consumers. And, if I wanted records, I can file a lawsuit. Hold times for what passes as customer service vary from waiting 20 minutes on the phone, on average, to over an hour. Wait times on chat are longer. And, they are completely clueless for the most part - if you can understand their mostly broken English. Cancelling your account and moving ANYPLACE else, or never buying their services is the best we consumer can do to send a message. There are plenty of providers now with faster speeds and equal or lower monthly costs - especially on a 12 months advance purchase.

H2O Wireless response

Hi, Bruce! We regret to hear about your experience with H20. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have encountered thus far and if you experienced anything other than optimal customer service as this is our top priority. We appreciate your feedback, as it will help us improve the H20 experience. We hope you try us out again in the future.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I've been with H2O for over 10 years now with 2 lines and have recommended them to everyone I talk to when cell service comes up but I can no longer do that and now regret doing so. The service has really gone downhill. The past year I can barely use my phone at home and it spends most of the time connected to a tower right around 2 miles away. Then this month after paying my bill I couldn't get any data at all. It took hours and multiple calls to support to get them to fix it on their system WHILE I'M AT WORK NEEDING IT TO CONTINUE. This last week I can no longer send or receive pictures in my text messages just out of the blue like the data issue this month and multiple calls to customer service who is always eager to lose connection with you and not call you back have not resolved the issue AGAIN WHILE AT WORK.

Considering I need my phone for work, like literally use it all day for work and I am generally at work when these issues are discovered and I work late into to night it is very inconvenient to get the issue resolved when support doesn't really want to resolve it and you have to keep calling back. The last so-called support person had the nerve to try and tell me it may be because my sim card is old. Email is useless too and they just block you on Facebook when they can't fix their system. Obviously the issues should have never occurred in the first place as it had been working fir years, just like I should have never started using H2O in the first place or recommended them to anyone ever. Stay away from this shady company the service and support are horrible.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Matt! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far and would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this issue. Please accept our apologies if you received anything other than optimal customer service as this is our top priority. We will be sending you a private message regarding this matter. Thank you for your feedback, it always helps improve the H20 experience.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I can't text since Jan 3, 2021 because H20 Wireless says I "abuse" the system and that I did not abuse system. They said I used 4,000 in 4 days which is not true. They said the max is 7,000 per month. I have contacted H20 Wireless and they said they can't refund because they don't do refunds. I paid 6 month in advance because I didn't know this would come up. I joined H20 Wireless since 2016 and I never had a problem with text messages before till now January 2021. If they do not refund my month I will call my credit card for a "dispute" because they are "forcing" me to leave and I can't use my services at all. I have to find another wireless provider before Jan 29, 2022 because that is the last day of my service with H20 Wireless.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Mike! We regret to hear about your experience with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. We would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and will be sending you a private message to gather further information. Thank you for your feedback, it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Have been an H2O customer for years. With good service I recently wanted to add a line. Two emails went unanswered. I called to order SIM and spent 1 1/2 hours on hold and talking with agent who was hard to understand. He told me he had a problem with the debit card I gave him and requested another form of payment and told me he had system troubles that he would send the SIM card free. After the phone call I checked the debit card. It was charged 4 times. My credit card was charged six times. I do not think another hour and half to resolve this issue is worth the 20.00. I’m ready to switch servers.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Laurie! We regret to hear about your experience with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for the hold time you encountered and for any inconvenience this has caused you. We would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and will be sending you a private message to gather further information. Thank you for your feedback, it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Ordered 2 SIM card on 11/24/2021. Never received them from FedEx due to address error. Contacted H2O to contact fedex. They would not. The SIM cards were returned to H2O Wireless on 12/13/2021. I was told I would receive my refund in 2 to 24 hours then 3-5 business days, I never received anything. I call and get hung up on. This company needs to be shut down for stealing. I have all my receipts and everything. Order return tracking number and all. These foreign people are scammers. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Lavet! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 Wireless this far and would appreciate the opportunity to make it right. We will be sending you a private message to gather further information. Thank you for providing this feedback, it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Have an issue with my port/in number request so I tried calling and chatting for a week every day, no response to the chat even when you wait hours or even days, phone calls are being answered at all after waiting for hours on each call.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Sam! We regret to hear that you have experienced issues with contacting our Customer Service department and would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. We will be sending you a private message to gather further information. Thank you for your feedback, it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

I have been a customers for years. Today they suspended my account telling me I only use my phone for texting... Now they refuse to even give me the account number to transfer my number. They took a payment of 28.54 on Dec 7 and suspended my service with 6 gb and unlimited texts and calls.. Saying I have used my service only for texts. So what.. I need to report to H2O how I use my plan.. I have reported them to Federal Trade Commission.. I have never heard anywhere to have your service suspended c I need to make equal number of calls and use their internet.. I use wifi and WhatsApp for that. It's outrageous.. I cannot even get my account number as it takes ages.

This is by far the worst company that existed and should be shut down. They wasted a day of my life and at the moment I needed cell the most. Literally because of them I cannot get in into any account bc I am not receiving any text on my cell. And they tell me I can continue to pay 30 usd to just call... They have no shame. This is a trash company.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings! We regret to hear about this experience and would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. We will be sending you a private message to gather more information. Thank you for your feedback, it always helps us to improve the H20 experience.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Hi. Per the referral policy for rewards program, I referred a friend and he activated the H2O wireless services. I did not get the reward point after lapse of 19 days. The policy says "when your friend activates the wireless services, the points will be updated in 1-5 business days. I called the customer care. They say, "We do not have any record for referral and the purchase of SIM card." They say they do not have any record that the SIM was ordered and supplied on H2O wireless system. When I confirmed and verified the purchase date, exact price and card used for purchase, they said, "It does not match our records," whereas they already said, "Your account does not show any order history." So friends, please do not refer anyone to H2O wireless, it's a scam to attract customer by false promises.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Sanjay ! We regret to hear about your experience with H20 thus far. In order to receive the 30 dollar referral credit, the person referred will need to use your unique referral link. When the person referred activates their H2O Wireless service your rewards points will be applied. If they did not use your unique referral link, unfortunately, the credit will not be applied. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

My line with H2O has been active since 2016. It is a backup which I seldom use. All seemed to go well and the account balance continually built up to over 400 dollars; then auto recharge failed on the H2o end (my bank card was charged, however). It appears H2o have an unstated limit on how high the account balance can be. The chat team was able to bring my line back with a fresh charge to my bank card – but the previously built up balance seems to be lost forever. No complaints about either the chat person or the customer service phone person I then spoke to – they did what they could for me, given the H2o system. May not affect many customers, but something to be aware of, though.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Anil! We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, but are happy to hear that our Customer Service department was able to refresh your line. For mobile device numbers under the minute plan, the balance contained cannot exceed $500. Thank you for your feedback regarding this matter, as it has always helped us to improve the H20 experience. If you require further assistance regarding this matter, please contact our Customer Service department.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Had a horrible experience. My data all of a sudden stopped working one day, went to call over 20 times in the span of a week. At the end of it all they said my number was suspended to “abuse.” When asked about what kind of abuse, I was told it was due to marketing instead of personal. This is a lie, because I only use the number to call family. I asked for more information and the only reply I got was “it is in our terms and conditions.” Asked for a clear outline and they only repeated the former. Then they promptly hung up on me before I could finish talking. Never again.

H2O Wireless response

Hi, Michelle! We regret to hear that this was your experience with H20 Wireless and would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have encountered regarding this matter. Could you please provide us with the mobile phone number associated with your account? We will be awaiting your response.

h2o® Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

H2O Wireless Company Information