It's that easy Request Information
2.38/5
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

24 H2O Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I buy a phone (order date is 11/12/2018) (order by PCE-55555) with $20 plan. I received the phone but I am waiting the plan. I want to be refund the plan. I don't have any response. Who can I do? Where can I put a claim?

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have returned the SIM card, but I put another package with the return package together by mistake. I want to get back my package. I have contacted you many times, but I don't get any replies. And I have not received my refund.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I had problems getting my data configuration doing self configuration so I called customer support. The guy was very rude and in a hurry to get me off the line. After configuration didn't work he said he would put in an order for tech support to give me a call, I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL. I call the next day to get information on how to return the phone since it wasn't working properly. I was told that I could not return it because of data issues since I was able to talk on it, I tried explaining to her that I hadn't had the phone 14 day and she said she did not know but she didn't think I could return it, but her supervisor would ask if I could return it and give me a call, NEVER GOT A CALL.

Also while going through the phone that was listed as a new phone I found music downloads from December 31, 2017 so the phone was refurbished. Not new. While reading the terms and agreement I found the form to return the phone. Now I'm looking for another service provider as I will be cancelling this one very soon.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I recharged my mobile on 25th Nov. for 20$ unlimited calls and 500 MB internet, since my internet MB is over, I wanted to inquire how to recharge for data only on 7th December and dialed customer care, I pressed operator option No, after that I heard recorded voice and asked me to click, my plan, I might have pressed wrong number, when I wanted to rectify it, I heard a recorded statement, saying they changed my plan and there is no balance left now, to even call. Actually my plan lasts until 22nd December. To check I dialed another number, but I got a recorded reply. NO Balance.

Again I called customer care and told them that I may have pressed the wrong number, and asked him to rectify it so that I can at least make calls,without data plan, but he refused to act and as if he is going to help, he made me wait and it was cut later. All this happened as they said customer week. Again called them but of no use, I had no other option and recharged for the same plan for 30 days. While they happily cut my phone in one second, they do not have time nor will to rectify the mistake. All the Best H2O. My no. is **.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I bought the 3in1 sim card and an inexpensive minutes/text/data plan, only to find out after many days of trying to activate the sim card that my phone was not compatible with their service. I didn't see anywhere on the packaging or on the website that this could be a problem. When I asked to reimbursed because I wasn't at all able to use the service I was told it was not possible to be reimbursed because the refund department refused it. Make sure if you buy this to check that your phone is compatible and don't expect a refund!

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your time and candid feedback derivative of your mutually unfortunate experience. While it remains true that certain H2O products aren't eligible for refunds once they've been USED or REDEEMED, we've opted to make a one-time exception in your case. That said, we've removed $10 from the relevant H2O Wireless GSM prepaid mobile number and have manually refunded the related 10/11/18 payment back onto it's original method of payment. We hope that this good faith gesture is more consistent with our commitment to service and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Resolution response: Nov. 20, 2018

The issue is now resolved. Hopefully the resolution time gets better going forward and customer representatives can provide more concrete and confident updates.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I'm having extremely terrible experience while moving to H2O. The customer representative helping out to port the numbers under MULTILINE plan messed up the request by submitting only one port in request. Now, I'm nodding to just keep on following up with H2O and AT&T (previous service provider) and these guys are just referring me from one to other and just within their departments.

I'm now stuck because they still haven't been able to port in my 2nd line and so both the lines are not working. I'm without phone service on both my phone lines just because of H2O customer representative's mistake. I'm just tired of following up with them from last 2 days now. And no one knows exactly what is going on. Every time I call them, they tell me new issue. Sometimes they say they have submitted a request to AT&T, sometimes they say the request did not go through, sometimes they are not able to find the ticket. Just plain ridiculous!

H2O Wireless response

We apologize for any mutually undesired confusion and note that while the NUMBER PORTABILITY process has certainly improved (as a whole) since it's inception, many variables can delay matters for either service provider. That said and as we're unable to make any assumptions from this vantage point as we're not aware of the relevant phone numbers, and due in part to the late hour now upon us, I note that we'll attempt to reach you during tomorrow's business day at the sole (214) area-code number provided in hopes of being of some feasible assistance. We wish you and yours well in the interim.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I bought one of the LG phones H2O sells. Had problems with sound, ringtone, etc., but customer support admitted they know nothing about phones. I suggested they shouldn't sell phones if they are unable to support them, and they hung up my call. Please don't buy products from H2O Wireless.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your time and feedback. We apologize for any individual experience that may have been inconsistent with our commitment to service & satisfaction. That said and only because you appear to have failed to provide us with a valid daytime contact number, we'll not proceed to search our internal records for said number in hopes of contacting you and potentially offering real-time support that "Makes Things Right".

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I recently purchased a SIM card through Amazon and just tried to activate it online on your website only to be told that that ActFast AND SIM card number had already been used. What the... The card was brand new and in the original packaging. So, apparently, I have a SIM card that's useless. What am I suppose to do? Also, the customer service line and phone tree is atrocious. It took a number of calls this evening to finally guess the right sequence of numbers to get to a live person only to hear the lovely recorded message that customer service was closed. Lovely... Can H2O Wireless make this right and provide me with a SIM card that can be activated, please?

H2O Wireless response

11/19/18 H2O UPDATE: We're delighted that we were since able to clarify any confusion and help you with the activation of your H2O Wireless GSM SIM over the telephone (since your review). We invite you to stay current on all things H2O by frequently visiting us at www.h2owirelessnow.com.

ORIGINAL H2O RESPONSE: Thanks for your time and feedback. We're sorry to hear of your individual experience and would love to discuss your options with you, however, you've not left us with a valid contact number. That said, we'll now scour our internal records to see if we have any other direct-contact information for you, as we'll otherwise understandably resort to emailing you and note that our ability to help you in a timely manner will be contingent on your email responses and the accuracy of the information you'll provide therein. In any event, we remain at your disposal and hope to be of feasible service.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

The personal hotspot doesn't work on my phone, which is an iPhone. I read that other people had the same issue with iPhones - maybe it works on other kinds of phones. I also had to install something in order to get the data to work, but now it is working fine.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your kind time and candid feedback. We apologize for any confusion as our service doesn't currently support tethering or "hot-spot" capabilities as is stated within our T&Cs. We are happy to hear that your data issue was resolved once you installed the correct H2O service-corresponding APN Configurations. We ask that you not hesitate to reach us at (800) 643-4926 if we may be of any other service-related assistance. We also invite you to visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com to stay current on all things H2O! Thanks for your business.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Everything is good. But when I first get the phone had a little trouble to install, the instruction picture does not match the real phone. Anyway later, I fixed. It is better you install everything ready to go, only need active it. People like me may feel better, not stupid. Thank you anyway.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for the candid feedback and extend our apologies for any initial difficulty you may have encountered. We humbly reassure you that we take great measures to make sure that our products (sold on our official site) are essentially "ready to go" straight out of the packaging (once the relevant H2O SIM is activated, etc.). If you should need any service-related assistance ever again, we insist that you contact us at your convenience via (800) 643-4926. We also invite you to frequently visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com to stay current on all things H2O! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

My only real complaint about H2O is the lack of MMS with iPhones. The price keeps me with H2O but I would be willing to pay a little more the MMS. The communication with porting my number was subpar and took lots of painful phone calls.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your time and candid feedback. Responding to such, I assure you that we're well aware that those are popular tools and that making such available under H2O would afford us mutual benefits and facilitate long-term relationships. Until our efforts pay off we encourage you to consider the slew of available 3rd party APPs that facilitate the same or comparable and ask that you not hesitate to seek us out at (800) 643-4926 if we may be of any service-related assistance. We also invite you to visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com in order to stay current on all things H2O!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

This is the worst device and service I've received ever. I was looking for cheap service and I got the cheapest. It's glacially slow but usable for about 2 days. Then you the rest of the month not being able to do more than text.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your time and feedback. We'd like the opportunity to further look into your individual H2O experience and thus, will be reaching out to you during tomorrow's (Tuesday) business day to see if in fact there's anything that we may feasibly do. We sincerely hope that you enjoy our service in the interim and remind you that you're invited to visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com in order to stay current on all things H2O.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

In my neighborhood the reception is very poor. I had the same experience with AT&T. H2O supposedly "operates" on the same wireless network, so what did I expect, a little better service than what I am getting. Customer service is poor.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your time and feedback and are saddened to hear that you may be experiencing issues related to "coverage". That said and while it's true that our coverage is dictated by the underlying carrier whose national 4G LTE Network we operate on, we remain available to extend any feasible assistance and or guidance. We're always striving to improve so don't hesitate to give us a chance (or, another chance) to "Make It Right". Thanks for our time and business and don't forget to visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com every so often in order to stay current on all things H2O.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Very happy with the service. Cheaper than Boost Mobile for pay-as-you-go and fewer dropped calls. Also, love the phone I have, beeps every ten minutes so I know I have a missed call, text or message. Will continue with this service as long as you offer this service. Have recommended it to people!

H2O Wireless response

Thanks for the feedback and we're delighted that our humble H2O service is working out for you. While we look forward to maintaining this level of service, we implore you to not hesitate to consult our "Live" support staff at (800) 643-4926 if we may ever be of service. Also, we invite you to visit our official site of www.h2owirelessnow.com and or subscribe to our newsletter to stay current on all things H2O! Thanks for your business; we value it!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have called your company a very good amount of times in the past three years and I think I know you relatively well. Things to improve: 1) I don't like that you keep giving new customers double the amount of Internet (even if it is for a few months), but you don't reward your old customers. I would feel that you care more about me if you reward my loyalty. Otherwise, you might lose people like me who have spent around three years with you paying you every month and now a new customer joins in and gets DOUBLE the amount of Internet? I don't care if it is for three months. If you want to be competitive you need to offer a better service or you will be losing loyal customers.

2) Also, I have talked about this with your employees at Customer Service and they don't call you back when they say: "I will share it with my supervisor and I will call you back within five days." They NEVER call me back. This has happened to me three times. I feel like you just want to bring new customers and rip them off after a few months when the deal is not so good.

3) Hire more people to answer the phone both in English and Spanish. Sometimes I need to be waiting for 30 minutes for anybody answer. I think that this is ridiculous and not professional at all. You should hire more people. When I was with AT&T, in a minute they would be chatting with me. You cannot compete with their budget, but you also have less customers, so if you hire just a few more people for Phone Customer Service it will make a difference. 4) Regarding the Refer a Friend program: If I bring you a new customer you reward me, but the process to do it is quite complicated and sometimes I don't tell anybody about your service because of the trouble and difficulty. You should make it easier. Please, answer me back.

H2O Wireless response

I thank you for your candid feedback and suggestions derivative of your individual experience(s) since [your] coming on board just under 2 years ago (i.e. 11/2016). Feedback such as yours affords us valuable insight to consider upon making collective business decisions. That said and to your first point, I respectfully note that our marketing teams continue to consider all viable options to reward existing customer loyalty. One example is our Refer-A-Friend (aka "Rewards") program... A program which continues to undergo changes with our valued customer in mind (e.g. more user friendly enrollment process, etc.). Equally with our valued customer in mind, we do in fact employ a multi-lingual support staff that's available 7-days a week, during hours of operation that exceed that of several of our competitors. And, when our lines may be busy due to peak hours/season, etc. We also offer "Live" Chat, email and fax support. With regards to "callbacks", I humbly concede that "we could stand to" and are "working towards" improving in this area, because we recognize that many variables [working against us] intermittently come into play, e.g. time zone differences, change of staff (shift turnovers), etc. However, we're confident that this will improve and the change will be evident.

When it's all said and done, we're not exactly where we'd mutually like to be. The good thing is that we ourselves recognize that improvements can be made, whereby, I humbly reassure that we continue to work towards such, so that valued customers like you may more consistently receive the caliber of support that we mutually desire and expect.

Thanks for your time and business. We appreciate having you on board @ H2O and invite you to periodically visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com to stay current with all the latest H2O news.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

International calling issue has not been resolved in the past 2 months after multiple complaints and launching an international ticket. Sim converts the number to California number and I use accession number and the country code. The supervisor has also not resolved the issue and it's highly regretful to get such disappointing customer service.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your business, time and candid feedback. We're sorry if your individual experience isn't consistent with our commitment to service and note that we'll be contacting you [directly] shortly to better assess if we may be of any feasible assistance to "Make it Right" and earn your 5 Star rating going forward. In the interim and thereafter, we encourage you to visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com or on our social media pages to stay current with all things H2O!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Good morning I am an Italian Officer working here with NATO. I was told internet connection in US is terrific, but unlikely it is not my case. My wife and I got a really poor connection, whats-more I cannot send any image on texted messages and sometimes messages do not reach the person I have sent it. This cause a lot of problem, like missed appointments and so on so forth. Also it is unclear on your website how to modify a contract. For instance I bought my wife another sim card with a different company in order to have at least one mobile in use, and would try to have a single contract with you instead of the one at 50$ (cancelling my wife) to switch to a 30$ per month and figure out if like that my phone will work properly. Thank you for any help you may provide.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your time and candid review. We apologize for any experience which may not have been consistent with our commitment to service and we hope to earn your 5 Star rating going forward. That said, we'll be attempting to contact you [directly] shortly to further address any service-related issues you may be experiencing. Beyond that and thereafter, we encourage you to periodically visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com or on our social media pages to stay current with all things H2O!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I ordered a H2O sim card in August 2018 but until now it has not arrived yet. The customer service staff asked me to contact USPS, and USPS asked me to contact H2O. You should have responsible with your customers. I am so disappointed with you and will recommend all my friends not using your products.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your business, time and candid review. We apologize for any prior experience with the 3rd party courier which may have left you with a mutually undesired opinion of H2O and thus, prevented you from giving us 5 Stars. We are however glad that we were ultimately able to resolve the issue by sending you out a new H2O SIM which our records support has since been activated with a (734) Ann Arbor, MI area code and is being actively used under our PayGo/Minute Plan. We hope that your overall experience and future experience earn us a future 5 Star rating. In the interim, we encourage you to periodically visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com or on our social media pages to stay current with everything H2O!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The international call is the main reasons I need the line as an int'l student who needs to connect with family at home. The receiver do not always hear me while I am hearing them. Sometime artificial rowdiness, among others.

H2O Wireless response

Thank you for taking the time to escalate your concerns regarding your international long distance. H2o Wireless is always striving to provide the best rates and quality to ensure long distance calls to all countries allowed, stay connected. Should you encounter issues with your long distance, please do not hesitate to escalate such to us as our quality team can fix these issues within 2-24 hours. Thank you for choosing h2o wireless, and don’t hesitate to contact us at (800) 643-4926 if we may be of any other assistance.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Lie about getting TEXT service for iPhone users, they say they would work to get the setting for the iphone to be able to send and receive text messages, but nothing since they open for business, so I don't recommend H2O service to anyone who has iPhone devices. It is really frustrating.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your business and candid review as we're always looking for ways to better serve our valued customers. That said, we'll be contacting you very shortly to see if we may clarify or help troubleshoot any individual iPhone related issue and hope to earn a 5 Star rating from you going forward. In the interim and thereafter, we encourage you to periodically visit our www.h2owirelessnow.com site and or our social media pages to stay current to all the latest and greatest with H2O!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I used Sprint and AT&T before and the main thing that H2O Wireless called my attention was the ability to use international calls without having to pay extra. I had both good and bad interactions with their customer service team, but mostly good. I had questions when I started using H2O and one of the customer service reps just hung up on me, but the other reps were very nice. Their service is very affordable, and I call or use the website to recharge my phone plan. Their website was very easy to navigate. H2O Wireless is an affordable company with very good signal pretty much all over the United States. I would recommend them.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your business and candid review. He extend our apologies for any experience which were not consistent with our commitment to service and as we continue to strive for improvement, we hope to earn your 5 Star rating in the near future. That said, be sure to visit www.h2owirelessnow.com and or our social media pages from time to time to stay current on all the latest and greatest with H2O!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I register the service "pay as you go 10$". On your website, you said that I can use data for 10cent/MB. But when I turn on the Cellular Data Option, I cannot access internet. I attach an image too about this problem.

Huyen,

Thanks for your review. Please note that we've now emailed you seeing as we were unable to reach you by phone. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience so that we may address or clarify whatever may have prevented you from giving us 5 Stars. In the interim, we regretfully note that as is stated within our services TERMS picture messaging (MMS) and FaceTime via iPhone's are not currently supported on our network.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I don't always get good network coverage. Voice calls are a bit muffled. And internet is a bit slow. I have One plus 3T. My home address, ** does not have good network coverage. Please install more towers and improve coverage in **.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your review and extend our apologies for any coverage related issues which you may be experiencing. One of our customer relations staff members will be in touch with you shortly to better determine if we may be of any feasible assistance with such. I thank you for your patience in the interim.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

My friend referred H2O and they told me it has good coverage, good network across US so I chose them. The website information is great. Right now, I have setup an automatic payment. However, it's not easy to get a customer service support when you try to reach them. Most of the time, I was made to wait from 30 to 45 minutes at least to get the call connected. Their customer support process needs to be improved. The cost is okay but the features that they provide is not that great. I can only do international calls up to 10 unique numbers as I have restriction. Beyond that, I cannot. That needs to be unlimited like the local calls. Nevertheless, I'd definitely refer H2O Wireless to my friend.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your business, your candid review and your suggestions. As we're always looking for ways to improve every facet of our service(s) and business alike, we hope that we'll earn a 5 Star rating from you in the near future. That said, be sure to visit www.h2owirelessnow.com and or our social media pages from time to time to stay current to all the latest and greatest with H2O!

h2o® Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs