Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.72/5

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

H2O Wireless Reviews

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

H2O has been great. Good price on plans, wish they had more data for the price but you do have an option to refill data during your plan. Also love that it is AT&T so calls are good. Would recommend to family and friends for sure.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have been with them for over 6years. For under 30dollars a month I can't complain too much. I have free text messages overseas and 20 free minutes of overseas calling. Plus 3gb free everything else. I don't care for somethings. But hey for the money you can't find anyone else that comes close to this. What I get would easily cost 100 dollars a month.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

We've been with H2O Wireless about a year now. I've been dealing with them 3rd party and would say they are comparable to AT&T (and work off my AT&T signal booster). We are very happy with the service. Our 3rd party wasn't keeping up their end of the deal with autopay so now we deal with them directly and we are saving $16 a month, which isn't much but adds up! I called customer service about a charge I accidentally made and they are fixing it. The customer service was good and they were very helpful and also, I loved their privacy feature of their credit card usage. I've very satisfied and happy to be an "official" H2O Wireless customer! I recommend them to lots of people when they ask us who we have. Now, husband and I aren't data users so we just use Wi-Fi or do without. So I can't speak of the data capabilities. Glad to find a good company.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I've had H20 wireless for several months now and my only complaint is that on occasion I've not received calls. I've tested this and this is the first service provider that has had this issue, on the other hand the price is unbeatable in comparison to other providers. I switched from Straight Talk which was charging me 45 dollars a month for what appears to be the same service. I joined during a promotion to get the first month free, I received my free month and am impressed enough with the service that I'm paying for a second line so a friend of mine will test it out. Is it quality like Verizon? No, it's budget service and the price is right.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have been with H2O for about 2-3 years now. The quality of the cellular service is what I experienced using ATT. The data works as expected too. This service has turned out to be solid value for money. If you are shopping around, I read many reviews of frustrate customers (particularly of late as of June 2019). I use auto-pay. I have not had to cancel so cannot attest to that experience. However, I was charged twice in the very beginning for a good reason (I was confused about how to activate and somehow created two accounts). I received a credit in a timely manner (within 1-2 weeks).

Technical support is ok BUT, I have run into situations where I needed to find my own way to download the data configuration file. I suspect many of the recent complaints is related to the fact there was an update that I was asked to run. It went well. I’m now versed at going to the link and installing the configuration. So the process is not seamless.

Long-distance: I call Canada. I have not ever been charged for a call. I did run into long distance issues. I was confused because it seemed to happen “all of a sudden” when I needed the service. I ran into the 10 unique numbers per month ceiling... it took a little while to figure it out. Finally, I had technical problems with AT&T and Verizon. I can’t say I have experienced a different experience with H2O... except of course that I’m saving over $80/month! My conclusion, I agree there are some rough edges. Quality of the technology seems comparable. The cost savings is remarkable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Original review: March 23, 2020

Worst service ever. There is no worst word to say than its the worst. My advice to anyone is never go with them. The service is sucks and the staff when you call customer service doesn’t even care. Please please please don’t get service with them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I brought H2O sim card from Best Buy and transferred my number from Sprint to H2o. Transfer the number happened very fast. Next day I realize that I am not getting any incoming calls and text message but I can make calls and text message. I opened the ticket. No response in a week. I called the customer service couple of times but they handled in unprofessional way. Switch to Airplane mode, Don't disturb turn off/on. At last they came up it is tower issue and they are working on it. Just now I called and they said signal problem and ask me to wait and never attend the call. Totally disappointed. Unprofessional people managing the phone network.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Poor signal, throttling, ongoing problem for 18+ months. Back in 2016-17 the service was okay, but over the past 2 years our phones have barely functioned due to poor QOS and weak/zero signal reception in numerous cities... this has been an ongoing problem with 4 different phones and sims. The bottom line is, ATT/H2O is not providing the service as agreed and throttling signal power down to the point where even local calls cannot be made or received. TOTAL RIP-OFF.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I ordered H2O sim and wanted to use my number from Sprint. I got the sim card and the sim card comes in a pack which say ACTfast activation. I opened the pack and activated the sim so I can call customer service to port in or transfer my number from my previous carrier which is sprint. They said I already activated sim with H2O new number and they cannot port in new number. After talking to 2-3 assocaite they said they can port in but I have to buy another sim card. Now I have to go to store and buy another sim card and pay couple of extra dollor to use H2O service. The worst customer service ever!!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Every time I come back from a weeklong trip to Europe, I can’t make international calls anymore. I always get a message that "I don’t have enough funds in my account to make this call.“ However my account is in good standing and the validity is also okay. Last time when I called the helpline it took me 3 hours on the phone to get the problem fixed. This time I complained via email with customer service. One week later I haven’t even got an answer yet. If I could give zero stars I would have done so.

h2o® Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team