1.9/5 (85 ratings)

About H2O Wireless

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

H2O Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about H2O Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Had a horrible experience. My data all of a sudden stopped working one day, went to call over 20 times in the span of a week. At the end of it all they said my number was suspended to “abuse.” When asked about what kind of abuse, I was told it was due to marketing instead of personal. This is a lie, because I only use the number to call family. I asked for more information and the only reply I got was “it is in our terms and conditions.” Asked for a clear outline and they only repeated the former. Then they promptly hung up on me before I could finish talking. Never again.

H2O Wireless response

Hi, Michelle! We regret to hear that this was your experience with H20 Wireless and would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have encountered regarding this matter. Could you please provide us with the mobile phone number associated with your account? We will be awaiting your response.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I purchased unlimited talk, text and Data. I have had this horrible service for 4 months. Today I made a payment on my account and a hour later they suspended all my data. Can’t text. Get on the internet. Nothing. When I call to see why they said the system blocked me for massive text and internet use. Now I pay 62 a month unlimited data. I was told they couldn’t fix it and they couldn’t provide me with my account number to switch my service out. I’m sick with Covid and it’s unfortunate I can’t use my phone to reach my love ones. This is just a fraudulent service. I don’t understand what’s taking Consumer Affairs or BBB so long to shut fraud down.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Tanetta! We regret to hear about the events regarding this matter and would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We will be sending you a private message to gather further information. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Purchased 15 GB data plan, ONLY got 6 GB data. In addition, I cannot make international calls to China as I should be able to. Spoke to 5 different representatives, email them 3 times, still can resolve. Trying to reach a supervisor and request a refund, and representative hang up on me. Absolutely not acceptable at any point whatsoever.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Jordan! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 Wireless thus far. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered and if you received anything other than optimal customer service. We would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and will be sending you a private message. Thank you for your feedback as it has always helped us to improve the H20 experience.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I missed due date for payments and asked if they could recover my balance, they said no because it was "more than a month". It sure was not. This was plain false excuse. The negative review is not because they did not recover it, but because they lied, which shows what is this business about.

H2O Wireless response

Hi there, Mikhail! We regret to hear about this experience with H20 and would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. Please accept our apologies if you experienced anything other than optimal customer service as this is our top priority. We will be sending you a private message regarding this matter. Thank you for your feedback as it has always helped us to improve the H20 experience.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I signed up for $10.00 per month plan. I got my credit card statement and I was billed $10.00 for 5 weeks in a row, they refused to refund. Also had to call twice to cancel my account. Lack of English speaking representatives didn't help much.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Steve! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 Wireless thus far. Please provide us with your mobile phone number in order to review your account regarding this matter and we will be happy to take a look into this situation for you. Thank you for your feedback as it has always helped us to improve the H20 Wireless experience. We will be awaiting your response.

Original review: May 13, 2021

First of all the first day I tried to contact customer support I literally waited for over a hour and got no response. I also tried over the phone, but when they told me that they would add a 3 dollar convenience fee to activate the account because the website wouldn't take my cards I was not paying more. The lady not her fault was not fully bilingual and she did not really comprehend my questions. This is on the staff that hired her, I do not blame her at all.

Anyhow I finally got my account activated, talked to support again they provided the APN details. I put that in my phone. Go to find out if your billing address uses a PO box likely your card will not work. I was told I would receive 4g service where I am located in and I can't even make a phone call where I live. They suggested to try another phone I have and same issue.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Jason! We regret to hear about your experience with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for the wait time you encountered as we are working diligently to rectify this issue. Regarding the service issues you are experiencing, this may be due to the coverage within your area which may be impacted by local terrain or structures. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. Your feedback is appreciated as it has always helped us to improve the H20 experience.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I bought a phone and a plan with H2O wireless a while ago. All went well until I found out the unlimited plan I had purchased was not unlimited (after using the plan for an hour my international call to France dropped). I call them, they explained why, I was like ok no problem. I will use skype or messenger via the internet to contact my family like I was doing before on my previous plan (wonderful true unlimited plan I had, went back to them of course after), using the internet was impossible it turned out because then I found out my data was not unlimited either (what does unlimited mean to H2O?).

Called customer service and explained it was not going to work for me, I had used the plan so I had no problem paying for that, I was returning the phone for refund. I returned the phone to H2O, they received the phone, to this day I have not received my money back, after countless hours on the phone and being promised a refund, nothing. I found it disgusting from a company to take money from me a customer and not give it back, let's call it by its name, it is stealing, it's theft, this company has no shame. Wish you the best H2O, I believe in what goes around comes around though, karma. So minus a trillion stars for H2O, stay away from H2O, any service is better than thievery!!

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Nathalie! We regret to hear of this experience and would be more than happy to look into this for you. Our unlimited talk, text, and data plan comes with 30 GB of high speed data. Data speed is throttled after the 30 GB of high speed data are utilized. We have sent you a private message regarding your account. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I have three lines. One of my number had a problem with hotspot so I called them for help and they told me that I can't have hotspot with plan less than $60 so I told them that the hotspot is working just fine on my other two iPhone and my plan is $40 each so they told me “thank you for the information. I'll have this features turned off in 1 to 24 hours.” So instead of helping me they turned off my hotspot off on my other two lines. HOW STUPID IS THAT? Of course I'm moving to Mint Mobile at the end of the month.... It was the most stupid customer service chat ever.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

The worst experience ever!! I’ve been a loyal customer with H2O for years. This was my first time that I asked for help and ended up with full disappointment with their service. I needed a hotspot so bad since I had go out of town so I called and paid for the hotspot without even knowing whether it’s gonna support my carrier or not, also the person on the phone never even asked me to give it a try first. Later, when I couldn’t connect I called to resolved this issue and the person in customer service said it’s not possible to get my phone connected to other devices. Then I simply asked for my refund of $60.00 that I paid and none of them were willing to help or adjust my refund with any credit. Plus, they were trying to put the blame on me instead of saying that the data have been used showing in their system.

Now my question is how was all my data already used when my hotspot was never even connected? I found this totally ridiculous and they were not cooperating with my issue at all. So I literally spent $60 bucks for nothing during this coronavirus pandemic when everyone is already having financial issues. This totally sucks guys! My entire family uses H2O and after this we are all gonna give it up for sure.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Sakina! We regret to hear of this experience. Please accept our apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused. Please keep in mind that data can be used without utilizing the hotspot feature. We will be sending you a private message regarding your account. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I ordered a new phone and an H2O wireless sim card came with it. I got all excited when I saw I could switch and save. AND I'd get an additional 50% off my first month. When I went to go get everything set up and entered in my credit card info, I was agreeing to pay a "Grand Total" of $15.45. I go into my account to see they decided to charge me $27.74 when I called, the woman could not speak English to a level which I could understand, she kept putting me on hold and kept telling me there were no supervisors available. I call back just to be put on hold again, in fact, I am STILL on hold and it has been over 10 minutes for her to just "check" my account. This is all scam tactics. Beware.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Jackie! This is not the experience we strive for our customers to have. Please accept our apologizes for the experience you've had with H20 thus far. We will be sending you a private message regarding your account. Thank you for your feedback.

h2o® Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

H2O Wireless Company Information