H2O Wireless
2.21/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

H2O Wireless

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

44 H2O Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

Terrible company. Avoid at all cost. This company runs a scam. Background: I use my mobile phone very little, only for emergencies or when traveling. Voice and text only. I keep the data turned off. I usually recharge in $10 increments, which usually lasts me 2 or 3 months. 1) My most recent problem (March 2019): On my last recharge, I requested a $10 recharge. H2O billed my credit card $100, and gave me $100 worth of minutes. I will never use all these minutes before they expire. H2O Customer Service will not acknowledge their error, and will not issue a refund. They say the "terms of service" agreement does not allow refunds.

2) My worst problem (December 2017): When I first signed up for service, I was transferring my mobile number to H2O because my former provider (T-Mobile) no longer roamed on AT&T's network in Vermont. H2O requested a call-back number, and I gave them my landline number. H2O took my landline number instead of my mobile number. To fix the problem, I had to buy a second H2O SIM card to accept my mobile number, as they said they could not reuse the old one. It took no time for H2O to make the mistake, but it took them nearly a month to release my number back to my landline provider. As a result of this problem, I lost my favorable pricing plan from my landline provider, and will now have to pay 53% more for landline service for the rest of my life.

H2O never owns up to their mistakes, and I have my doubts that these are indeed mistakes. I think it's the way they choose to operate their business. In problem #1, they insist that I ordered a $100 recharge. In problem #2, they insist that I requested my landline to transfer over, then changed my mind. This is the last straw. Once my current minutes expire, I will transfer my number to another provider.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Purchased the $35 starter kit at Rite Aid. It includes $30 worth of airtime and 1GB of LTE data for 1 month. Activating the SIM card using the ActFast code was easy, and after about 10 minutes I got the H2O signal and a phone number. Added the airtime with the rub-off PIN, which worked fine, but I couldn't connect to the internet because the network settings on the iPhone need to be configured for this card. This works automatically with all other cards I've used. Ok, I finally received the configuration link from H2O, as per the instructions that I found online. This is not mentioned on the instruction sheet that comes with the card. I clicked on the link, and it did not work. It just said 'Link expired'.

Tried again several times, same result. Getting pretty annoyed at this point. It was too late to chat with customer service, but the next morning I got through for an online chat with Chris from customer support right away, explained the problem. He sent me another configuration link, which worked right away. Took less than 10 minutes. Internet now works fine at 7.8 mbps download, 7.9 mbps upload speed. It's on the AT&T network, so coverage should be excellent. So, not a bad product overall, but the activation & configuration process is tedious and at least should be explained much better in the instructions.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have used your service for 6 years, it is good however message was delivered failure sometime. I just think it is ok for me. And the international call is not good too. Sometime the network is not good too.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Please be aware of H2O Refer a friend program. You will not receive any promotion. This is fraud company. Here is my experience: I did not pay attention on consumer report before ordering. They will attract you by sending promotion you get $30 and friend get $30. When I was referred by a friend and I applied coupon code activated and ported my no. from AT&T. I did not see credit in my account it suppose as from website you should receive credit immediately.

When I called first time a billing rep said I do not have my email registered, I called again another billing rep said I did not use my coupon code. I called third time and they transfer to a supervisor and I send all my coupon codes, emails and order numbers that I placed, I waited for five days no response. I called again another supervisor. Told me that I will not get any promotion because I did not used my coupon code again. Started from beginning. If you are need of getting that $30 promotion good luck. I see there are several complaints like mine and no resolution.

Original review: March 26, 2019

February of 2019 I switched to H2O through a friend who referred me. Ever since I’m trying to get the points that was the referral program’s promise “get $30 - your friend gets $30 when you switch”. I switched from another carrier. No points ever showed up on my account. Or on my friend’s account. It’s a trivial issue I know but I’m still annoyed by it as I don’t like misleading advertising. So zero points after nearly two months. I have talked to several customer service reps since then and they always promise the same saying the issue will be resolved within 2 to 24 hours. It’s been nearly two months and I keep calling back and there is no way to talk to a supervisor. I also have to explain the issue to each and every new rep I talk to as they don’t seem to keep track of my calls and complaints. They don’t call back either when they say they would.

Today I tried to get one rep to forward my call to a supervisor he allegedly just spoke with. He replied “The supervisor is not available right now”. I asked him, "How come you just talked to him," to which he said, "Yes but right now he isn’t available." Go figure. So I asked him to forward my call anyway and of course I was instantly put on voicemail. Poor management, poor customer service and misleading advertising.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have used T-Mobile for about 6 years; however, the reception was never very good. This year, I decided to try H2O wireless based on positive reviews from other people. I found out very quickly after popping in the SIM card and activating it that these people that gave me positive statements about H2O were right! H2O's wireless service is excellent! 4G LTE works perfectly, my texts get sent out without a delay in sending it and making calls are no hassle at all. My only complaint with H2O is that when you first activate the card, you need to add a new APN in order for your 4G LTE to work properly. To get the information needed to add the new APN, you must call the H2O customer service. Otherwise, the service is amazing, the representatives are friendly and I am glad that I chose H2O!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Before my husband and I switched to H2O, we made sure that they have international call and Morocco was on the list. Three days ago and since my dad is in coma and I tried to call my family, I couldn't make a phone call. I tried my husband phone as well but it didn't work. I waited for the second day and that was no international service. When I called the customer service, he told me that they have a problem of satellite and they don't know how long it will get the service back.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have 3 numbers with H2O Wireless for some time and following are the major flaws/issues with this company gouging customers off of their prepaid (pay as you go or monthly plans). 1) Customer service is the worst I have experienced over several phone calls made over period of time. They are liars, incompetent and will not transfer to supervisors or billing dept when they can't resolve issues. 2) Customer service will disconnect your phone once you insists on supervisor/manager. 3) Customer service individuals lack IQ of even 50.

4) Their access number for prepaid plans to call international destination is siphoning money from your balance. When you call access code to dial international number, "you don't have sufficient funds" and will not place call but will deduct 5c each attempt. Remind you this this the only access number to call international destinations. 5) For monthly plan they have 213-808-6199 access code to call international and when you do "due to network difficulty we cannot complete your call, try again later."

6) When you address these issues you will be transferred to supervisor (if you are in luck), phone will be disconnected and if you do get someone, then you start all over again. 7) Their billing dept, supervisors for CSR cannot communicate and share their notes, go figure so you will be repeating same issues to each and everyone at the very best. 8) I lost money/balance as a direct result of above and no resolution, even worse they dont give a damn about your issues as these issue lingers on like pests at this company. 9) Needless to say I will not be patronizing this barbaric company and suggests no one should. 10) Better Business Bureau complaint is being lodged from my side and hope you all would too. AVOID H2O WIRELESS FOR YOUR PREPAID SERVICES AT ALL COST.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Today I realized my data is complete. SO thought of charging 40$ instead of 20$ and by mistake I used a wrong card and declined. When I tried to call home to get my wife's card the phone was already out of balance. Then I came home and did with a new card. When I called the customer service, they said this is their company policy. I am surprised to see this kind of policy where they take away their own customer's money like a loot. They are not supposed to wipe out the balance until the card goes through and new balance is available for their customer. This is like they are looting customer's money. My previous balance was valid till Mar 18th.

Also the call to international numbers are not going through very often. If you decide to use H2O for international call. Then it is a waste. They have limit of 10 numbers per month to which you can call. But when you reach 6 or 7 numbers it will automatically close you dial any new number saying that you have reached the limit of 10 unique numbers. In my view, it may be a cheaper option...but you have to be very very careful in choosing the plan else you are screwed.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My personal experience was just grabbing a new H20 sim card and popping it into my smartphone. Well, not really- calling and text worked, but data didn't, because their default network settings weren't correct. I had to search for alternate network configurations, test out a few to see if it worked, and it took me about half an hour to do it. Now, everything works perfectly.

I can easily see someone who never delved into their phone settings getting angry or confused, especially if they're used to carrier provided phones that are set up out of the box specifically for that carrier. But with so many phones out there, it's no wonder some need different configurations- and if you're using a MVNO, you need to be prepared to do a little legwork. There's no excuse with Google around. If you can't figure it out yourself, ask someone else.

Online recharge is great. Don't enroll into auto recharge, it's not worth the savings and it's a hassle to cancel. Yeah, I read the fine print. Make use of the many promotions, and you can do that by changing your plan to another one the month the promotion is going on. Process are on the website, and they have some offer for everyone- both pay as you go (I recommend that for a backup phone that you only recharge every 3 months) and unlimited + data, where, well, depends on your data usage. I average about 3ish GB a month, so 4GB is perfect. Speeds are about as you would expect. Overall it's a pretty good value proposition, albeit some people may have to do some setup.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My husband and I switched over to H2O wireless last month. I did not have data or SMS services (even though I had full bars of service) for the first week and called the tech department several times but none of the representatives I spoke to were helpful. Every single representative offered the SAME advice (which clearly didn't work) and one of them started to get aggressive with me when I (very nicely) asked him if there was something else I could try because the solution they were offering wasn't working. I ended up resolving the issue on my own using a YouTube video. Also they don't seem to ever record notes on my account because I had to explain my situation to EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 12+ representatives I've spoken to.

That was last month. Today my husband and I are trying to recharge our plan but apparently an auto-recharge option is not available to customers with multiple lines. My husband is currently on the phone with them for the 5th time because the representatives can't seem to do anything right. It took several attempts for one representative to take down my husband's account number and when my husband asked another representative to add X amount to both lines, she ended up charging only one line with a random amount. Now another person is telling him that suddenly the other line (mine) doesn't exist and that there is no record of my husband paying the first amount... These customer reps transfer calls (it's rare for them to even transfer you to the right department) when they don't know the solution to something, but literally NO ONE seems to know what they are doing. RUN. Do NOT use H2O.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I purchased Multi Line service, one for me and one for my wife and then I received the package of SIM cards by mail after 5 days and then I called the customer service to activate the SIM cards and transfer our no. to the new SIM cards. So they start the process and ask me to provide them with account no. and PIN no. which I did, then they told me 24h for activation, which in my previous company took 5 min! Then nothing happened the whole day. Next day I called them back to check the status of activation, the thing is every time you call you should tell the story and explain the issue, at that moment the customer service told me the account no. was wrong and that's why the activation did not take place. So I gave him again the account no. and same thing. He told me to wait 24h for activation

Meanwhile in that day I lost the signal in my phone, which mean that's the no. now transferred, so I put H2O SIM card in my phone and I got signal. Then I decide to call them again in the next morning as my wife also lost signal in her phone too, so I called in the next day and imagine, they told the exact same thing which is the account no. is wrong and the activation did not go through. By the way I don't have service in my phone and my boss told me that me phone is not in service as he tried to call me. I told that to the supervisor of the customer service who said, "There is nothing we can do, you should wait till the tech department fix it in about 24h!!!!"

I'm been out of service for 2 days and he want me to wait another day just to activate the line, so I asked him to do something and he said he will transfer me to backup department which I do not what is that!! Then I talked to a guy in that place who went with me through the whole story and asked me if I bought the SIM cards from his website or not!!? Then he told me he is a billing department!!?? So I asked what I need to do if need to check back, he said, "Tell the customer service you were with billing!? Department to check the status." That's H2O customer service if you will to join them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have been an H2O customer for three years now, while yes their service is still limited and they do not offer MMS or hotspot, the reliability of the product is good. I have no issues when I ask for help, my call is answered quickly and the staff has been helpful.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have a brand new Pixel 2. It's a GSM phone and it's unlocked. Now before I say what happened I will mention I found APN settings that make the LTE and 4G work. But I have seen responses from H2O telling people that their device wasn't compatible because they haven't made automatic APN settings that you can just be messaged over MMS. Then I checked so called other phones that aren't compatible like the Nexus 5X.

Give me a break H2O, try a little harder. Pretty much any GSM Android phone after Android 5.0 have the same settings. Just make them all the same. Rather than telling people it's not compatible. I just typed in H2O settings into Google and got 2 settings that work fine. H2O who should have them, don't just say not compatible, that's stupid. Also H2O, you brag you're on the AT&T Network, but you've throttled it so bad that I could have almost perfect signal and be downloading at only 1 mbps, that's a joke H2O. I had AT&T before, guess what, I'd have to try hard to not get 50 mbps with them. Your speeds are inexcusable.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid feedback Christopher and we apologize for our highly unusual delay in responding. In an effort to briefly address our position on manual configuration of "customer own devices", we respectfully note that we proceed in accordance with the strict APN setting guidelines dictated by our services underlying carrier. Therefore, while many alternately proposed settings or "solutions" may be found online, some which may even yield a temporary fix, neither are sanctioned by said underlying carrier, whereby, we're regrettably, yet understandably unable to deliver guidance in accordance to such. The above said and contrary to what your mutually undesired prior experience may have led you to believe, we humbly assure you that H2O works tirelessly, both in-house and with business partners to deliver the best service and quality possible. We hope that such results in our being able to better serve your needs in the future. Regards, Customer Relations Dept.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I tried to buy a monthly data plan for $30. At the same time I had 500 bonus points which is equivalent to 5 dollars. However, their site was not working - the field where you need to enter a credit card number was not active. I called two days for support and the only thing I was offered was to buy a plan over the phone. And if you do this through the operator, then you need to pay extra 3$. Through the machine on the phone it also did not work. Automatic answered that my card is not valid. Finally I paid for the plan thru operator with same credit card, because I did not have time to order a SIM card from another operator. And the ridiculous thing is that it works the same way as 3G and slower than my Wi-Fi in the hotel Extended Stay America and there it is really very slow.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid feedback and extend our sincere apologies for any mutually undesired experience or confusion which may have prevented you from rating us at 5-Stars. The above said and while many variables [service unrelated] may certainly have factored into your individual experience(s), and although we'll certainly be reaching out to you within the following 24-business hours in order to see if we may offer any feasible assistance, we've taken the liberty of refunding the latest $30 payment under H2O Wireless GSM prepaid MDN of (425) 315-4623 as a gesture of good faith in the interim. You may expect to see said refund on the relevant card-issuers side within 3-7 business days. We look forward to speaking with you soon (during normal 9am-5pm EDT business hours) and we invite you to frequently visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com in order to stay current on everything H2O. Happy Holidays to You and Yours!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I was told by an "expert" to switch to H2O and stupidly took his advice. I signed up for a family plan with 4 sim cards. Some of my family did some research and said no thanks. So we used 2 sims and that was a problem for H2O. I had to buy another sim because the other sim cards were spoken for. Their service people are not US and difficult to understand, and I listened very hard. I got to a certain point and had to be handed over to someone with more capabilities. I was told they would do something to help me and when I followed his directions it didn't work. I called back and the next person in that position said he couldn't do that. After about 1 week of fooling with this nonsense I moved. It went smoothly.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid feedback and are genuinely apologetic for any mutually undesired experiences or inadvertent confusion which may have led to your seeking service elsewhere. We wish we would've been able to retain your loyalty but respect your decision(s) and thank you for having considered us nevertheless. As we are always actively seeking ways to improve our products and services, we hope that you'll reconsider us in the future as we remain at your disposal. Safe and Happy Holidays to You and Yours.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

If I'm not connected to WiFi I generally don't get to use data. Phone works fine. Data doesn't work. I've called tech support but the people I deal with are in a foreign country and I can't understand their English. I'm just about done with H2O Wireless.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid feedback Casey and extend our apologies for any mutually undesired experiences. While most modern-day devices are capable of being configured to the specific DATA/APN settings dictated by our underlying carrier, there unfortunately exists the possibility that some devices, simply aren't compatible. The latter said and in an effort to better determine the potential root cause of your individual experience, and if we may be of any feasible assistance, we will be attempting to contact you during today's business day. In the interim, we wish you and yours a very happy and healthy Holiday Season.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Place a order for SIM card and never got it, try contact customer service they didn’t help me. Worse customer service ever, even offered a refund. They have to offer good customer service at least, very disappointed.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid feedback. We're sorry to see that you've opted to leave us an undesired rating although the relevant USPS Tracking Number (9400110200828882713534) supports that your purchased H2O merchandise was in fact delivered to you on 11/08/18 @ 11:39am. Despite the latter and as a good faith effort to "Make Things Right", we'll be shipping you a replacement H2O SIM in the next 72-business hours and ask that you patiently await it's arrival at your Houston, TX address, as well as keep a keen eye out for it. We wish you and yours a very Happy and Healthy Holiday Season in the interim.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The SIM turned out to be defective. I didn't find out till I got to a H2O dealer. All the emails I sent and calls I made to H2O were useless: nobody helped me. All I got were automated emails giving me the runaround. Their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. I had since switched to another carrier. Meanwhile, H2O never even followed up after I failed to activate my phone.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid feedback and extend our apologies for any prior, inadvertent confusion or mutually undesired experiences. From our current vantage point and without having more details of your particular, prior experience we simply see that the relevant H2O SIM was in fact activated with an H2O number ending in 2347 which enjoyed usage thereafter. That said and in an effort to determine if we may now be of any alternately feasible assistance, we'll attempt to contact you at whatever contact information we may still have available to us. "If" our efforts should prove to be futile, we sincerely hope that we may be of service to you in the future. In the interim, we wish you and yours a very happy and healthy Holiday Season.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I like how quickly they are and good service. I will always tell my family and friends for this perfect service. Good price and easy setup and perfect customer service and not time for anything. Super fast service all the way.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your time and candid feedback Samir. We hope to continue to earn such praise and implore you to immediately contact us at (800) 643-4926 if we may ever be of any H2O service-related assistance. We also invite you to frequently visit our official site of www.h2owirelessnow.com in order to stay current on all things H2O. Thanks again and Happy Holidays to You and Yours.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I buy a phone (order date is 11/12/2018) (order by PCE-55555) with $20 plan. I received the phone but I am waiting the plan. I want to be refund the plan. I don't have any response. Who can I do? Where can I put a claim?

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid feedback and apologize for any inadvertent confusion which may have contributed to your being unable to rate us at "5 Stars". That said, we'll today attempt to get in touch with you via your herein-provided phone number as our records support that your merchandise delivery consisted of BOTH, your Samsung Galaxy phone, as well as a new H2O Triple SIM which contained the preloaded $20 Plan, meaning that said SIM would need to be activated in order for the $20 plan to be available to you. In any event, we look forward to speaking with you soon and wish you and yours a Happy Holiday Season in the interim.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have returned the SIM card, but I put another package with the return package together by mistake. I want to get back my package. I have contacted you many times, but I don't get any replies. And I have not received my refund.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid feedback and are saddened that you've opted to leave us an undesirable rating despite our having been available to you (via Customer Service) throughout your individual scenario. That said, we'll continue to keep you posted on your return package once we've received word from our warehouse which would be slated to receive any properly addressed and returned merchandise. *Updates to follow via direct communications. **Note: As stipulated in our website, refund processing may encompass a 4-6 week turnaround, whereby, we appreciate your patience in advance.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I had problems getting my data configuration doing self configuration so I called customer support. The guy was very rude and in a hurry to get me off the line. After configuration didn't work he said he would put in an order for tech support to give me a call, I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL. I call the next day to get information on how to return the phone since it wasn't working properly. I was told that I could not return it because of data issues since I was able to talk on it, I tried explaining to her that I hadn't had the phone 14 day and she said she did not know but she didn't think I could return it, but her supervisor would ask if I could return it and give me a call, NEVER GOT A CALL.

Also while going through the phone that was listed as a new phone I found music downloads from December 31, 2017 so the phone was refurbished. Not new. While reading the terms and agreement I found the form to return the phone. Now I'm looking for another service provider as I will be cancelling this one very soon.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid feedback and are sincerely sorry for any inadvertent experience or misunderstanding which may have contributed to your inability to leave us a "5 Star" rating. That said and because our internal records support that DATA/GPRS under our relevant H2O service continues to be used/enjoyed by way of your review-related (662) area-code H2O phone number, we'll be attempting to contact you within the current 24-business hour period in hopes of effectively following up and or clarifying matters. In the interim, we wish you and yours the best of Holiday Seasons.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I recharged my mobile on 25th Nov. for 20$ unlimited calls and 500 MB internet, since my internet MB is over, I wanted to inquire how to recharge for data only on 7th December and dialed customer care, I pressed operator option No, after that I heard recorded voice and asked me to click, my plan, I might have pressed wrong number, when I wanted to rectify it, I heard a recorded statement, saying they changed my plan and there is no balance left now, to even call. Actually my plan lasts until 22nd December. To check I dialed another number, but I got a recorded reply. NO Balance.

Again I called customer care and told them that I may have pressed the wrong number, and asked him to rectify it so that I can at least make calls,without data plan, but he refused to act and as if he is going to help, he made me wait and it was cut later. All this happened as they said customer week. Again called them but of no use, I had no other option and recharged for the same plan for 30 days. While they happily cut my phone in one second, they do not have time nor will to rectify the mistake. All the Best H2O. My no. is **.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your candid review and extend our apologies that your prior experience fell short of our mutual expectations. This, more over, as it appears that it all stemmed from a simple mistake and or misunderstanding. That said and in an effort to "Make Things Right" and so that we may start over with an effective clean slate, we've now refunded your 11/23/18 ($20) online payment and note that such refund should appear on your banks end within 3-7 business days. We hope that this action is more consistent with our commitment to service and remind you that our "Live" support staff remain at your disposal if you should require any new H2O service-related assistance going forward. Beyond the latter, we invite you to periodically visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com in order to stay current on all things H2O. May you and yours enjoy this Holiday Season!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I bought the 3in1 sim card and an inexpensive minutes/text/data plan, only to find out after many days of trying to activate the sim card that my phone was not compatible with their service. I didn't see anywhere on the packaging or on the website that this could be a problem. When I asked to reimbursed because I wasn't at all able to use the service I was told it was not possible to be reimbursed because the refund department refused it. Make sure if you buy this to check that your phone is compatible and don't expect a refund!

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your time and candid feedback derivative of your mutually unfortunate experience. While it remains true that certain H2O products aren't eligible for refunds once they've been USED or REDEEMED, we've opted to make a one-time exception in your case. That said, we've removed $10 from the relevant H2O Wireless GSM prepaid mobile number and have manually refunded the related 10/11/18 payment back onto it's original method of payment. We hope that this good faith gesture is more consistent with our commitment to service and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Resolution response: Nov. 20, 2018

The issue is now resolved. Hopefully the resolution time gets better going forward and customer representatives can provide more concrete and confident updates.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I'm having extremely terrible experience while moving to H2O. The customer representative helping out to port the numbers under MULTILINE plan messed up the request by submitting only one port in request. Now, I'm nodding to just keep on following up with H2O and AT&T (previous service provider) and these guys are just referring me from one to other and just within their departments.

I'm now stuck because they still haven't been able to port in my 2nd line and so both the lines are not working. I'm without phone service on both my phone lines just because of H2O customer representative's mistake. I'm just tired of following up with them from last 2 days now. And no one knows exactly what is going on. Every time I call them, they tell me new issue. Sometimes they say they have submitted a request to AT&T, sometimes they say the request did not go through, sometimes they are not able to find the ticket. Just plain ridiculous!

H2O Wireless response

We apologize for any mutually undesired confusion and note that while the NUMBER PORTABILITY process has certainly improved (as a whole) since it's inception, many variables can delay matters for either service provider. That said and as we're unable to make any assumptions from this vantage point as we're not aware of the relevant phone numbers, and due in part to the late hour now upon us, I note that we'll attempt to reach you during tomorrow's business day at the sole (214) area-code number provided in hopes of being of some feasible assistance. We wish you and yours well in the interim.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I bought one of the LG phones H2O sells. Had problems with sound, ringtone, etc., but customer support admitted they know nothing about phones. I suggested they shouldn't sell phones if they are unable to support them, and they hung up my call. Please don't buy products from H2O Wireless.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your time and feedback. We apologize for any individual experience that may have been inconsistent with our commitment to service & satisfaction. That said and only because you appear to have failed to provide us with a valid daytime contact number, we'll not proceed to search our internal records for said number in hopes of contacting you and potentially offering real-time support that "Makes Things Right".

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I recently purchased a SIM card through Amazon and just tried to activate it online on your website only to be told that that ActFast AND SIM card number had already been used. What the... The card was brand new and in the original packaging. So, apparently, I have a SIM card that's useless. What am I suppose to do? Also, the customer service line and phone tree is atrocious. It took a number of calls this evening to finally guess the right sequence of numbers to get to a live person only to hear the lovely recorded message that customer service was closed. Lovely... Can H2O Wireless make this right and provide me with a SIM card that can be activated, please?

H2O Wireless response

11/19/18 H2O UPDATE: We're delighted that we were since able to clarify any confusion and help you with the activation of your H2O Wireless GSM SIM over the telephone (since your review). We invite you to stay current on all things H2O by frequently visiting us at www.h2owirelessnow.com.

ORIGINAL H2O RESPONSE: Thanks for your time and feedback. We're sorry to hear of your individual experience and would love to discuss your options with you, however, you've not left us with a valid contact number. That said, we'll now scour our internal records to see if we have any other direct-contact information for you, as we'll otherwise understandably resort to emailing you and note that our ability to help you in a timely manner will be contingent on your email responses and the accuracy of the information you'll provide therein. In any event, we remain at your disposal and hope to be of feasible service.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

The personal hotspot doesn't work on my phone, which is an iPhone. I read that other people had the same issue with iPhones - maybe it works on other kinds of phones. I also had to install something in order to get the data to work, but now it is working fine.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for your kind time and candid feedback. We apologize for any confusion as our service doesn't currently support tethering or "hot-spot" capabilities as is stated within our T&Cs. We are happy to hear that your data issue was resolved once you installed the correct H2O service-corresponding APN Configurations. We ask that you not hesitate to reach us at (800) 643-4926 if we may be of any other service-related assistance. We also invite you to visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com to stay current on all things H2O! Thanks for your business.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Everything is good. But when I first get the phone had a little trouble to install, the instruction picture does not match the real phone. Anyway later, I fixed. It is better you install everything ready to go, only need active it. People like me may feel better, not stupid. Thank you anyway.

H2O Wireless response

We thank you for the candid feedback and extend our apologies for any initial difficulty you may have encountered. We humbly reassure you that we take great measures to make sure that our products (sold on our official site) are essentially "ready to go" straight out of the packaging (once the relevant H2O SIM is activated, etc.). If you should need any service-related assistance ever again, we insist that you contact us at your convenience via (800) 643-4926. We also invite you to frequently visit us at www.h2owirelessnow.com to stay current on all things H2O! Thanks for your business!

h2o® Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs