1.1/5 (76 ratings)

About H2O Wireless

h2o® Wireless is a prepaid phone company that offers nationwide coverage at affordable prices. Whether you choose an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go or Multi-Line, h2o Wireless allows you to manage your account through the website. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

H2O Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about H2O Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about h2o® Wireless?

Original review: June 17, 2022

I signed up for the automatic credit card payments for my plan. The plan has not worked. I have waited on hold multiple times but No one answers the phone. Live chat as well. So they are taking my money without giving me service.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 16, 2022

Changed father's sim card yesterday. Tried to port same phone number to phone. It said to contact customer support. After 45 minutes someone answered. She went through a lot of verification that it was his phone and also took a call back number in case we were disconnected. She supposedly did some things and fixed it. I asked if I could try to make a call before we disconnected and she said sure and then she hung up on me. She never called back. It would not call out nor receive calls. I called back and after an hour and 9 minutes it was answered. The guy took call back number. Took some info. Put me on hold for another 8 minutes. Took some more info. Put me on hold for another 4 minutes. Told me it should be fixed and that he was going to call the phone. Just as soon as I said "Okay" he hung up. He never called back.

So basically I wasted 2 hours and 6 minutes of my life being put on hold for a service that I am paying money for that I still cannot use. I have also read all the replies that H2O has written to the complaints and they almost seem like auto replies. We will see. Honestly I would not waste my money and would not recommend h2o to anyone looking for a dependable phone.

H2O Wireless response

Hi, Kevin! We regret to hear about your experience with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for the hold time you have encountered, as we are working diligently to rectify this issue and if you received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and will be sending you a private message. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: June 11, 2022

The only possible way to change your service is through calling up the customer service. Once you get in, they make it nearly impossible to get out. I waited on the line for 2 hours only to get hung up on. I currently am on the line again wasting hours of my life trying to change my service. Granted this is during the 3g shut down, however, it’s no excuse for not having an easy way out through the website.

My patience is obliterated, I made an account on here just to say that I absolutely despise what I have to do to leave this phone service. I might not ever be able to leave this service, because as I write this I am waiting on the line to change the service, and my issue may never be resolved. Never start with this company, because you’ll never get out. I was going to keep one of my lines, but now I’m going to change out both lines because I don’t want to experience this agony and torture ever again. Don’t use H20 unless you like the feeling of being trapped. Do what’s best and go anywhere but H2O, hours, if not days of your life might depend on it one day.

H2O Wireless response

Hi there, Jon! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused and for the hold time you have encountered. We are aware of the extended hold time and are working diligently to rectify this issue. We would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and will be sending you a private message. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Do yourself a favor and stay way from H2O Wireless. Activated a package with Hotspot and nothing worked. Called and got the phone to work but no hotspot. Spent hours with support and they could not get the service to work. Each time the call get disconnected. After a long time on phone no one calls you back. No documentation of things done or tried to fix the problem, so every support person tries to do the same, total waste of time. Tried to speak to a supervisor and got transferred and phone disconnected. Do yourself a favor and don't do business with H2O Wireless!! Sent emails requesting professional support and a refund (to address received from support) with no reply at all, they kept my money for a plan where I only got a partial service.

H2O Wireless response

Hi there, Eran! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. We would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and will be sending you a private message. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 10, 2022

From yesterday, my phone stopped having any reception. I am unable to make/receive calls. I tried calling up customer service but unable to reach them even after an hour being on the line. I even dropped email but no one responds. And since this is a reception issue, it is urgent but who cares. :(

H2O Wireless response

Hi there, Suvankar! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. We are aware of the extended hold time and are working diligently to rectify this issue. We will be sending you a private message regarding this matter. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 5, 2022

H2O Wireless (AKA "Locus Telecommunications") is a dishonest company that did not deliver the product/service they promised and then proceeded to take my money without a refund. On 5/3/2022, I called H2O wireless and checked if I could use their $60/month plan for roaming data while on vacation in Canada. They informed me that their roaming service would work in Canada and that all I had to do was purchase a SIM card and the $60/month plan. I purchased the SIM card and $60/month plan that same day. I verified that I could use the SIM card in the U.S. without issues.

On 5/7/2022, I arrived in Canada for my vacation and attempted to use the H2O roaming service. The roaming data WOULD NOT WORK, even after trying common troubleshooting steps. I called H2O customer support and they still could not get my roaming data to work even after 1 hour of troubleshooting. I was informed by the customer support person that I would be issued a refund since they could not get the roaming service to work properly. I purchased the SIM card/plan strictly for the trip to Canada and had no need for it otherwise.

After not receiving a follow-up or refund, I called H2O wireless again on 5/16/2022. The customer support person told me again that I would still be receiving a refund since the service did not work and I no longer needed it. Still no refund... I finally called back in on 6/4/2022 only to be told that now I will not receive a refund since "the roaming service was used". This is a complete lie as neither myself nor H2O support could get the roaming service to work in the first place!!! This company did NOT provide me with the promised service, lied to me multiple times about a refund, and then proceeded to steal my money. I had $60 stole from me by this company and got nothing in return. I will never use any of Locus Telecommunications services ever again.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Isaac! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered regarding the international roaming service. We would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this matter further and will be sending you a private message regarding this matter. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I have been an H2O Wireless for more than 4 years, and recently I bought a new unlocked phone, and when I put my h2o sim card the phone does not recognize the sim card. So I called the customer service to find out is it the issue from the phone or is it my network provider. And every time I talked with an agent I told the problem, and they put me on hold and they never call back and when I call again, I talk with different agent and I have to start all over again explaining my issue to end up getting on hold and they hang up the phone, and the worst one is this Indian lady. She hang up the phone on me while I was talking to her twice, so that's it for me. This I will no longer a customer with them, and I would not recommend being a customer to this company.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Tony! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies if you received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to make this right and will be sending you a private message to gather further information. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I have a numbers with H2O Wireless since 7+ years. We are trying to port the number to another provider (T-Mobile) but unable to do that. H2O Wireless support keep saying that there is an old pending port request from AT&T that needs to be canceled first by AT&T. When I called AT&T they say they have no such requests and hence they can't cancel it, as they don't see it in their system. I tried calling H2O Wireless several times to be able to port my number and have been on the phone for hours together. Then they started just disconnecting the customer service. I tried on chat but was waiting for hours. Please help in getting my number (**) ported. Thanks.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Shubham! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with H20 thus far and would appreciate the opportunity to make this right. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused regarding this matter! We will be sending you a private message to gather additional information. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: April 21, 2022

H2O wireless unlimited calling plan is a lie. I purchased this service for my teen's phone. After 4 months, H2O cut off the Service on his phone without any warning or explanation. I had to chat with the customer service to figure out what was going on. I was told that my account was suspended due to overuse of unlimited text messages and was not provide a solution to solve the issue. The customer service rep just rudely cut me off during the chat and had never answered my request on how to move forward. Greedily they cut off the service right after they charged me monthly fee for next month. After some research online, I found out H2O routinely does this - 1) charge customer monthly payment and 2) suspend their account with no explanation. I'm a H2O customer since 2013 and very disappointed by the way they treat their long time customer. Never again H2O!!!

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, B. We regret to hear about your experience with H20 thus far. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused. We would appreciate the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and will be sending you a private message. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I have used H2O wireless since 2018 when all of a sudden, I could no longer make or receive a call from my Samsung Galaxy S8. I did an internet search and got to know that it was a 3G upgrade and that some models of Samsung Galaxy S8 would no longer be supported. No notifications whatsoever so that I could make another plan. How can a provider treat customers this way?

I called customer service and the rep kept me on the phone for over one hour and at the end told me that she was sending a request to AT&T and that I should call back in 24 hours time. Still, nothing changed. I managed to got a temporary iPhone 6 phone from a phone till I got mine and it worked. I bought a Samsung Galaxy A32 and Google Pixel 4a all unlocked phones and inserted my sim, yet I could still not make or receive a call. I contacted the customer care rep today and after spending more than 1 hour with the first one yielded nothing. The call went off from their end.

I called again and another rep picked. Spent more than 1 hour and still nothing. I can't still not make a call from the Samsung Galaxy and Google pixel. He said that I should get another sim and placed an order for that and it would take 3 to 5 working days. Surprisingly, after placing the call, I reinserted the sim into the iPhone 6s and I can no longer make or receive calls. I called back customer rep. After I narrated every conversion with the previous reps, I finally asked him if I can get an expedited shipping as I have a scheduled trip out of state this Saturday and I wouldn't want to leave my house without a functional call sim/phone but he still maintained the 3 to 5 days I told him to cancel the order. **Your reps do not need to waste people's time when they know they can't handle an issue. I will be changing carriers tomorrow and saving my sanity.

H2O Wireless response

Greetings, Stella. We regret to hear about your experience with H20 thus far. We are aware of the extended hold times and are working diligently to rectify this issue. Please accept our apologies if you were not notified of the 3G shutdown, as you should have received text messages and emails concerning that matter. We will be sending you a private message to gather further information. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the H20 experience.

h2o® Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This no-contract cell phone plan provider has monthly data plans that range from 1-10 GB and cost $20-$60 a month. These data plans include unlimited talk and text minutes. Their pay-as-you-go plans range from $10-$100.

• Pay-as-you-go plans: Depending on how many minutes you think you’ll use or how many text messages you anticipate sending, you can spend $10-$100 for a pay-as-you-go plan. Plans last anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

• Auto recharge: Save 10% on your pay-as-you-go plan from H2O Wireless by signing up for auto recharge. This service ensures you never run out of minutes or text messages since it automatically charges your credit card when it’s time to recharge.

• Transfer your number: You can easily transfer your existing number to your new H20 Wireless plan by filling out a form on their website. It can take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete.

• H2O rewards: Earn $30 every time a friend you refer signs up with H2O wireless. You can also get points for new activations and recharging. Apply your points towards recharging. It’s free to join.

• Friends and family plan: Receive $10 for every line you add to your plan, up to 3 lines, when you sign up for a friends and family plan with H2O Wireless.

H2O Wireless Company Information