Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Spectrum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

We were recently having trouble with the cable boxes. We called and set up an appointment. The rep said that they would come anywhere between 8 am and 9 am. They came around 4 pm and sat outside for about an hour and left. We set up two subsequent appointments and they never showed.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

It’s Wednesday, October 30, 2019 @ 8:00pm. Tonight, the 7th game of the World Series is being played. As previously scheduled, Spectrum is carrying the game on Fox. However, the only broadcast is in Spanish. Unbelievable! I called Spectrum and finally got to talk with a representative. He informed me that because it was an unscheduled game(?) Fox isn’t broadcasting it. That hard to believe, but Investigation reveals that the game is only being shown on one on my 2,000 channels. We’re watching in silence, with the understanding that if the game was being shown in English, Spanish would be available. But there is no Quid Pro Quo available. On a good note, the other Fox channel is carrying a professional soccer match. Delightful. Thumbs down to Spectrum. Let’s hope they have sufficient time to prepare for the Super Bowl.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Spectrum installer came to my building to install the internet cable for one of my tenants 2 weeks ago. Installer was so unprofessional that ruined the cosmetics of my building with so many loose and out of level cables. He run cables across vents, security cameras and on an angle with no common sense. He did not bring a ladder and instead he grabbed one small ladder that I was using to hold a bench without permission (I have all the security video footage). I called Spectrum 2 times and went to Spectrum store once and I chat also once. After all that I got them to open a ticket. A week has gone so far and I did not even received one call from Spectrum. Obviously they don't care.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

When then Bright House moved to digital if you had more than 1 TV you needed a box to convert signal. If I recall you got 1 or 2 for free then we're charged a fee for additional boxes. But what has happened now is Spectrum is continuously raising the price on the boxes. My bill went up $8.00 this billing cycle. Just since Sept 2018 my price on a single box went up $3.00 and $6.00 for the additional boxes. My service and support is poor. I don't even call them anymore. This is what happens when there is no competition. This company will nickel and dime you to death.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Spectrum is a RIP off. They keep RAISING my bill. Fail to give me my full ON DEMAND Service even when my bill is a zero balance. This company is a joke. Been with for a year exact. Ready to consider something better.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Called Spectrum to ask for extension for the 3rd of month gave reasons why. Veteran in the household had knee replacement surgery. Been off work for 3 weeks. No check and the Cigna Insurance was Wack with the payments. Was told would be shut off on 30th!! WHAT???!! Never been late!! Never been shut off!! Never even asked for extension!! So guess what!! SHUT IT OFF!!! And we will NOT be calling ya back!! We will definitely go to your competitor!! Have a good day!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Spectrum is one of the worst companies ever. They offer a pretty good deal for the 1st year. However, after that their rates go out of control. They won't negotiate. They don't pro-rate cancellations or even changes. They have a monopoly on high speed internet and they know it. The Government needs to step in and break up the monopoly so competition can drive prices down. Other cable providers won't compete for the same areas - most likely due to price/coverage area manipulation. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Spectrum has a very poor communication skill with customers. The rep introduce me to new tv plans come to find out the package and prices were totally different. I did not receive the channels I specifically state to the rep. I have them a certain time I would be available for installation. No call from the company that I was rescheduled for another day and time. The way I found out when I called to see why the tech did not arrive between eight to nine. That is when I was told I was rescheduled mysteriously. My opinion to consumers do not waste your time, money and energy on a this company. Spectrum is very misleading and dishonest to consumers. To make matters worse spectrum does not believe in compensate to consumers to make up the inconvenience they have cause to consumers.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Raising my internet rates for "internet plus" which is not even offered on their website. Called to complain, they said for another $20.00 I could have Internet Ultra, what a joke. This company based on all the terrible reviews is the worst!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I have had Spectrum since August 18 of 2019 (Bad Mistake). My billing is supposed to be 42.99! Since then I have paid $92.00. Offered Internet TV for 1 week trial period no charge, Hogwash on my October billing. They have it on there!! After numerous calls and being on hold sometimes up to 1 hour nothing was resolved. Spoke to a manager named Jason could care less about resolving issue!! I would not recommend this company to anyone. Cocoa Florida.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Outrageous Disconnect Policy. My billing cycle is based on the 26th of the month. I am moving out of my apartment on the last day of the month, which is very commonplace. In order to continue service until the last day of the month (5 extra days), Spectrum will CHARGE A FULL MONTH OF SERVICE!!! This is an outlandish policy and deserves the upmost criticism from all customers - and an investigation by officials. Whatever Spectrum's reason is for not pro-rating a portion of its monthly bill, it either reveals total ineptitude or unvarnished greed. Since service can begin on any day of the month, it is obviously greed.

Further, since Internet/Cable providers already have a monopoly where I live (an apartment complex in Orlando, FL), I fully believe that the state or local government needs to step in and force Spectrum to provide a reprieve for many of its customers who do not need a final full month of service. In fact, it is very likely that the next resident will move in soon after I vacate, thus allowing Spectrum to 'double-dip' on its charges for this residence. This is a clear and grotesque instance of profit-making based on monopoly power. Simply outrageous!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I offer this review as a cautionary tale for all Spectrum subscribers and prospective subscribers. It may seem easier to just pay the extra fees and/or tolerate diminishing services, but by doing so, you're sending a clear message to Spectrum that reads "Thank you, sir. May I have another?" And be sure that you'll get "another"...and another and another. What you tolerate becomes your standard.

My Ongoing Experience with Spectrum. After many shady (at best) billing practices by Spectrum, I recently cut my TV and Voice service, retaining only Internet. I EXPLICITLY ASKED the representative whether I would be charged for those services once they were turned off. He told me that I WOULD NOT BE CHARGED as of my disconnect date. When I called a few days later to get my updated amount due I was informed that I would have to PAY FOR SERVICES I WAS NO LONGER GETTING through the end of the billing cycle. Since "Sharter Rectum" had the legal agility and foresight to put a teeny tiny (albeit, unethical) mention of this intent on a billing statement months earlier, those charges are now deemed "valid."

A billing statement that is lousy with fine print, propaganda, advertising, and the like. Make no mistake, friends, the executive team at Charter Spectrum know damn well that people don't read their billing statements, certainly not word-for-word. In fact, they count on it! How do I know? I used to work for them, not by choice but by means of buyout. And, no, I did not lose my job through severance, layoff, or termination. I left because I could not stomach working for such a greedy, evil, unscrupulous, anti-people (employees and customers) organization. This new billing practice is simple EXTORTION wrapping is legal Teflon.

Exhibit A:
ex·tor·tion
/ikˈstôrSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: extortion; plural noun: extortions

the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

Does that seem extreme? It's not, and here's why... Exhibit B: Charter Communications ("Spectrum") wants to (OBTAIN MONEY) from me (for services they are not providing) OR they will cut off my service and report the lack of payment to the credit reporting agencies (THREAT). This is the VERY DEFINITION OF EXTORTION, is it not?

When I was denied a billing adjustment for services that were no longer being provided, I asked that they restore my services through the end of my cycle (being that they were insistent that I had to pay for them). This seemed like an equitable solution; if I'm paying you for services, you provide said services. I didn't even ask for a credit for the 6 days that had passed since the disconnect (that I scheduled based on their representative's lie). They told me I would HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE SERVICES (THAT I WAS ALREADY PAYING FOR) TURNED BACK ON. Yes, you read that right. My brain was scrambling at this point...is "audacity" the right word? Cantankerous? Impudence? Yes. They were all the right word.

Is Sharter Rectum that desperate for money? Not according to their stock prices which are currently hovering at $437 a share. As a means of comparison, Comcast's stock is struggling at $45 a share. So, what's Spectrum's motivation here? Greed...pure, unfettered, greed. In 2016, Charter Communication CEO, Tom Rutledge, earned $98.5 million in compensation due to $80 million in option awards and just over $10 million in stock awards after the company closed the acquisitions of Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks.

They don't need to extort us, they just want to. If you told someone they had to give you $300 for nothing and they did, isn't it reasonable to assume that someone else would give you $300 for nothing? It would certainly be worth a shot. Well, that's Spectrum's approach. If you tolerate these (at best unscrupulous) practices by Charter Spectrum, there is no motivation for them to change their practices. So if you want to continue to see price hikes while losing services, by all means give your hard earned money over to an evil corporation who employs people who are looking for ways to get even more money from you. However, if you have a provider option...exercise that option and send a message to Spectrum that we will not tolerate this consumer pillaging! You don't need to cut the cord...you just need a new cord.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I had Spectrum installed in my house in Rowlett, TX and have had nothing but trouble. They are the only provider in the area or you can go with Frontier or DirecTV. I chose them because they could install internet the fastest, however, I have had nothing but trouble with them since then. I have had them come out at least once a week for three weeks in a row to "fix" the problem and it's never resolved. The bigger problem is ADT runs their alarm through the internet provider so the alarm can't work and video recording won't work either. Do NOT use Spectrum under ANY circumstances! They are apathetic at best, incompetent at worst; either way you don't get the service you pay for!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

When I started getting emails telling me that my incoming emails were being bounced back to the sender because my inbox was out of storage, the first thing I did was call Spectrum customer "support". Long story short, the "support" person said they didn't have any problem on their end and it had to be on my end. So I spent several hours over the next two days trying to fix it on "my end". I deleted a couple years of email off of Outlook on my computer. I called my online security company and, after waiting on hold for an hour, I let them take control of my computer for another hour while they uninstalled, then reinstalled their security program, before telling me that my email issue wasn't caused by them.

A few emails were getting through and I thought I might have fixed it but when I checked my email the next morning most incoming emails had been bounced back. I logged onto my Spectrum webmail and started deleting everything I could from there but that didn't help either so I figured I'd call Spectrum again. After spending, literally an hour on the phone trying to convince them that my Spectrum webmail was still showing that it was full, despite deleting almost everything in there, the person on the other end of the phone was convinced that I didn't have a problem because Spectrum sent me an email and it went through.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and during the ten minutes I was on hold I happened to click on "settings" on my Spectrum webmail. I saw a graph that showed I only had 120 mb left in my inbox and realized that the small emails were getting through but any emails with attachments were being bounced. When the "support" person came back on the line and told me a supervisor was not available, that's when I explained what I figured out while I was on hold. I was put on hold for another ten minutes. When the "support" person returned, I was told that they were aware of the issue and their technicians were working on it. Apparently, Spectrum's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and I only wasted four hours of my life figuring that out.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

This company has a monopoly in the rural areas for Haines City. They show incorrect information on your billing. No one will chat with you online and it's a 40 minute wait by phone. Ask for a call back. Never received one. Have wasted 2 different days trying to get through... if you have a choice of Verizon I would try them first.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

If you're considering Spectrum as a provider - BEWARE! Just got off the phone with them after cancelling my cable subscription in the middle of my billing cycle. I was anticipating a partial credit/refund since I had 3 weeks remaining in that cycle. NOPE! Spectrum said they are now a "month to month" subscription service and no longer give partial credits or refunds for cancelling early. Would have been nice to know when I cancelled my service!! Their rep didn't say a single word about it. Next up - cancelling my internet with this shading provider but this time when my billing cycle is at the end!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Spectrum is charging consumers for services not rendered, I read a lot of the post on here. I have had these services for almost 7 years. I never received any notification that they were doing a thirty day billing cycle. So they are billing for services not received. I did speak to an attorney who advised I could Sue them in small claims court, or better yet I could find consumer blogs on complaints and see if other people were having the same issue and sure enough I found this blog. He advised if I could find enough complaints if others were willingly we could file a class action suit. So instead of thinking about myself. I'm thinking of everybody that this company is ripping off. Please let me know your thoughts.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

No internet or in and out internet over a 2 year period. They remotely disconnected my modem (probably thousands more) because it wasn't registered (their fault) even though I have been paying the Spectrum greedy idiots over $200 a month for over two years. They shut down my business for 18 hours (no phone or internet) until they send someone out. When the tech got out here he confirmed the modem wasn't registered so he called Spectrum customer service to get it registered. Well I called Spectrum customer service twice earlier in the day and they told me I was disconnected from the internet because my modem wasn't registered (their fault) and it could of been corrected by technical support (as the service tech had to call customer service to get them to unlock my modem). This cost me thousands of dollars in lost sales!!!

Spectrum is a very greedy company and I could go on and tell you more examples of how lousy and greedy this organization (especially their management) but I don't think I want to write a novel here. If there are any and I mean any alternative (internet, TV, Phone) providers available to you there is no way any company could be worst. Please FCC put this company out of business or make them do business in China only.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Our internet service with Charter Spectrum is absolutely horrible. Every time we watch TV we get the spinning wheel at some point. Just had it again for 15 minutes. Would not recommend Spectrum to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

If it isn't the politicians picking your pocket with increased taxes on your communication devices raising your monthly communication bill then it is the provider Spectrum themselves doing it or many months BOTH of them gouging you at the same time resulting in CONSTANT monthly rate hikes ballooning already outrageously exorbitant monthly billing to even higher heights. If constant rate hikes and huge monthly communication bills are your cup of tea, then by all means Spectrum and the current crop of Legislators participating in and allowing the gouging to continue are made for you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have been a BrightHouse/Spectrum customer since 2000. The cost has gotten out of control. Every few months my bill (cable, internet and phone) my bill goes up. I have none of the movie (HBO, Showtime, etc.) packages. I have called to see if there's any changes to decrease the bill and, of course, I'm always told that I'm getting the best rate available. The online advertised rates are for new customers only. I don't get where a company is willing to lose a long time customer. That's absolutely POOR business. My choice is to "cut the cable" and find another method of service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have been a customer of Spectrum, Bright House Networks since 2006. I have never missed a payment on my bill and have never paid my bill late. Since Spectrum bought Brighthouse my service is much more expensive and it rates like service in India a 3rd world country. We move from Holmes Beach to Bradenton 2 years 4 months ago and we wanted to keep our same telephone landline #. Well we have had over 20 technicians in my home fixing the internet, Cable TV and Phone Service.

Since we have moved in Bradenton I had had to take time off from work for service appointments, nothing has ever been solved. Phone still broken. Spectrum is a One Percenter Company and has no respect. I basically gave up. One represntative told me I should be happy the bill is that low? Last week my boss was suppose to call me at home about my virtual position with the school board and I just assummed they were busy because I never received the call from my boss. I later was set an e-mail questioning why my phone was disconnected... I could call out but could not receive phone calls.

After been on the phone with Spectrum 4 hours, they told me somehow I was with Verizon???? They could not tell me how or why the technical error took place and said it would be 72 hours before they could restore service. I told Spectrum this was not right and asked to speak to a Supervisor to help me. I had to wait 20 min and all he could do is go around a TRAINED CUSTOMER LOOP... and only gave me $8.25 dollars off my bill. Very displeased. If it was not a monopoly I would change service. THE NEW AMERICA??

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I laugh when I see a Spectrum commercial. They show off their supposedly modern cable and wifi technologies. Mmeanwhile in reality I'm setting here once a month or so for a hour or more waiting for my cable box to reboot. Don't be fooled by their commercials. I have the latest box and what a joke it's straight out of the 80's. Come on spectrum. Keep up or sell out again.. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

They say they don't raise rates on promotions drop off. I have no promotions on my account and my rate went up. They have done nothing to try and keep me as a customer even when I had full service cable, streaming, internet. So I dropped everything except internet which is only somewhat ok. I have issues with my service regularly when I have had an appointment for them to come out, sometimes they show, sometimes they don't. Looking for another ISP!!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I have tried to resolve my issue several times to no avail. My internet speed has crawled to 3.4 download, 1.7 upload. I am told I have the fastest available and I should just reset my router. Again. The set up was done by THEIR technician so they won't send anyone again to check it. They also have no email address they will give to formally lodge a complaint. The customer service chat rep just kept saying she could send me to another chat rep. THE WORST.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I had Time Warner Cable in 2015, the service and price was good, not great, but good, about $59 before taxes and equipment for basic cable, Tv Select. In 2017, Time Warner got bought out by Spectrum. The price went up 20 dollars to $79 a month and the channels, especially local stations would cut in and out. On Demand never update their Tv shows, so if I missed The Voice or the Bachelor on ABC that aired on a Monday, I literally have to wait 2 weeks before the newest episode could be watched again. Customer service was good, but not always, 3 out 5 stars on customer service.

My next bill increase was for the month of October 2019. After taxes and equipment, my total bill for basic cable, TV Select went up another $10, no the bill is $99 for 125 channels. I just got a rate from Dish Network and got same amount of channels for $80 total. I'm thinking of switching over to DISH Network. I heard they're better than Spectrum and DirecTv and cheaper. Plus new customers on Dish get a $100 credit on their first bill, so it's like your first month is free, and I think Spectrum internet is pricey too, $44 for 100mps, c'mon, internet should be like $15 a month, basic cable should be $30 a month, and local channel only be $10 a month.

If I ever started a cable company, I'd have a lot of customers, it be $10 for local, $30 for basic cable, basic cable plus $40, $15 for residential internet and $20-$25 for business internet and $1.99 for all HD on Demand movies, free on demand for shows according to your plans, I have a cell phone, wireless service where you don't need WiFi WiFi home internet to have a cell phone plan. I start cell phone plans at $10 for unlimited minutes and text, unlimited minutes, text, and 1gb at $15, 5 GB at $20 a month and unlimited everything at $30 a month, and your first month is paid, and phones would cost half of Verizon, ATT, Sprint and T-Mobile, like a Samsung S10 be $600 or $20 a month until phone is paid off. If you wanted to upgrade, you have to pay 3 months into your existing phone, no contracts ever with tv, internet or cellular service with me! I give Spectrum a 2.5 stars out of 5, if I started my own cable company, I'd be richer than the CEO of Spectrum Thomas Rutledge, and Ted Turner combine, but you need a fortune to start a business like a cable company/wireless cell phone service.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Would encourage anyone thinking about Spectrum as your internet provider to not choose them. Firstly, signal was often a problem. Had specifically asked for enough speed to handle Netflix offerings. Told we had the right speed, yet we did not. Moved out of the home on August 10th, a Saturday, which happened to be the last day of our billing cycle. Brought equipment in at 3 pm on the 12th, a Monday. Spectrum demands we pay for a new cycle, from 11th on, 49.99. They say they no longer prorate service, and that we were "notified" of this policy change on June billing.

They will not work with us, make an exception, nothing! They simply don't care, and say "if you don't pay us, we'll notify your credit reporting agency." Do not use their service, they are totally not reputable, and the actual signal speed promised did not deliver. We were only in the home for 6 months, knew we were ultimately moving, so no, did not call to complain about the signal speed. Letting future buyers know to stay clear of Spectrum, just as we will do from now on.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

If you can possibly avoid Spectrum, do. Although you will likely experience the same (increase fees, decrease services) with any cable provider. Each and every month there is a slight increase here or there. This month the Basic TV service increased $7.50. I called and their response is "We review our costs periodically and deemed it necessary to increase fee". Well, I'm reviewing my expenses based on my income (which is NOT increasing), and I am unable to reduce the amount I pay. Consumer constantly getting squeezed. Wish I could cut the cord completely. Ripoff!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have Spectrum for home phone and internet and all get for my home phone no dial tone. And I call and they keep saying it a system and they don't fix any of it. Any I'm still without home phone going on for a month now. I getting sick of this. They need to fix it. Get new system because they suck and need to look at what not working right. All they do send a tech out. Every time they say "there not much we can do in the office" so I get tech. They keep giving me new phone modem. They to get new name that call spectrum people **. That should be their name now.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

There's an old saying, "same crooks, different suits" usually aimed at politicians but this one is the cable companies. I left Wow after price increases and "locked in" at $161/mo with Spectrum. What a damn joke. Few months later we are over $180 for cable and internet. No wonder there are so many different internet options out there and that's where I am going. Adios Crooks.

Spectrum Company Information