3.8/5 (4133 ratings)

About Spectrum

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

Pros

• Offers a free modem
  • No long-term contracts
  • Packages for different budgets

Cons

• Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Spectrum is a reliable internet and home entertainment service provider. There are no long-term contracts, and the company offers fast speeds for heavy internet users.

Spectrum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Service is reliable. Bill has not fluctuated all over the place as it with other providers. I think the price could be better. That’s why I didn’t give it a 5. Overall I have not had any major complaints. Just pretty steady and reliable.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

The service has been great, always been there for me with a problem. Really not more I can say as I have covered all the things that a service provider can help me with.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

We have been a Spectrum customer for years since 1990 when it was Time Warner. It is the fastest in our area. I give it a less than perfect score due to the number of times per day it needs to be rebooted.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Generally very good, however they raised the rates significantly in the past 2 years. $80 a month for internet service is too high. They do have better service than my previous provider who they recently bought out. Only complaint in that regard is when service is out and you call them, they will often be "unaware" of any service outage in my area. This has happened twice even though I saw one of their service vehicle in my neighborhood at the time I placed the call. Strange?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

It goes off frequently, saying no internet connection, we lose hook up to our Youtube, and it's very slow. Plus it is very affected by the weather, we lose signal... and for what we pay for this, more frustrated than anything.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Currently I am having problems with the internet again as well as my whole neighborhood. This happens all the time. Spectrum told me my modem /wifi was bad so I bought another one. It made no difference. It is Spectrum's cable lines which are the original lined from the 1970s.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Their service is fair. But the monthly fee is high! They may increase the monthly charge after 12 months. The speed seems to be lower than 100 mb and not 5G.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

When Spectrum is working, it's the best. And compared to what else is available in my area, there really isn't any other choice if you want high speed internet. Unfortunately, Spectrum knows this. They promote no contracts, but they up your fee every year, all the while giving new customers great discounts. The service goes out randomly for undetermined reasons and getting service is 50/50. The fact that they are the best option just shows how bad everyone else is.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

A very nasty monopoly!! Rates go up without notice to the point that I am desperately searching for another one- hard to do in New England as the lines are limited. Had much better service when I lived in Saco and had a bundle GWI.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Spectrum's service is exceptional. The speed is awesome compared to other providers in my area. They don’t force you into a contract either which in turns “forces” them to provide a great product and service if they want to retain you as a customer. It’s a win, win for all!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Good steady 100 Mbps service, good modem, good customer service. Easy connect of two speeds. Works well on WiFi and cable connected. Payment process easy to use and auto-pay is available. Online chat available.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

The internet wifi service is very slow and it goes up and down a lot. Have called multiple times over the last few months and they just give standard answers like, "Reboot the system" etc. Very disappointed in the quality of the service. Can barely use laptops in other rooms and the Smart TV is a waste of time. Spectrum says we have plenty of speed and their Wifi be working but the techs that have come to our house said this is common with the service we have..

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

The streaming TV starts to buffer every week of two. Then everything needs to be reset. Customer service is very helpful. The schedule and channel system could be more user friendly. Other than that I don't have a lot complaints.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I got a super great deal on my current service. It isn't the fastest but it is certainly the best deal. However, I'd been with Spectrum before and they really were terrible then, about three years ago. Poor service, poor customer service, difficulty setting up auto pay.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Pretty reliable now. We have had Spectrum for about 1 1/2 years. It took a while to work out the bugs in our this location. We would just lose service all of a sudden. The good thing is it didn't last long. Once I would reboot everything it would be back up and running. It is just the hassle of unplugging everything to reboot it. Fortunately in recent months this has much less common. I find it preferable to satellite service.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Needs network stability. It's always buffering. It ok but could be a lot faster and the price is ok. The TV service is ok as well. They have mobile also at low rate. I'm thinking about trying that service as well. Will see how it goes.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

My internet does not go down very often. My wife uses the internet for her business. Reliability is the most important important aspect of a provider for us. When does go down they always promptly repair it. Mostly they repair it by instructing us what needs to be done.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

There are too many days where the TV works poorly and they have raised the price $25.00 in two years. The speed is rarely as fast as they advertise. Overall just another average service for way too much money.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

My elderly parents had Spectrum cable tv and internet. All seemed well until the promotional period ended where their bill jumped up above $200. For elderly non tech folks with a fixed income this was a huge problem. I purchased a couple of Roku boxes for them, set them up and recommended that they cancel their cable TV and only keep the internet portion, which they did. This significantly lowered their monthly payment for about a month until their bill went up above $200 again. Spectrum claimed that because they are using Roku on "their" internet service they must pay them (for TV service which they did not provide!). Taking advantage of elderly people seems lucrative for Spectrum because they assume that they "don't know any better" and are easy prey. I am utterly disgusted and would caution anyone in considering a company with such despicable behavior!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I have just cancelled my Spectrum account (phone and internet) after many years of hassle and misinformation. I have never encountered a business so incapable of providing even basic correct information, and this has landed me in a number of messes regarding my account over the years. I would recommend Spectrum to no one who has better things to do with their time than hang around on hold for hours fixing problems of Spectrum's making, only to be told that egregious customer 'service' errors are the fault of the client.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Absolutely the worst internet service I’ve ever had. Not only did the service never work, when I finally cancelled they tried to stick me with an entire month's service fee despite using the internet for one day. What a joke. So glad I switched to AT&T. Not only is the service faster, there’s no nonsense with the billing. You pay for what you get. Absolutely scammy business practices. What a joke. Save yourself the headache and get a better internet provider.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I ordered cable service with Spectrum which included Apple TV. I was very unhappy with Apple TV because the remote is very difficult to use. There was no way to set up the service without using the Apple TV box; there was no other remote I could have used. Spectrum will not let me return the box because I opened it. Apple itself said it could not help me and referred me back to Spectrum. So now I am stuck with this inferior product. Don't buy one of these and don't do business with Spectrum!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Cable goes out all the time for no reason. TV guide frequently freezes up while scanning. TV stations are not available on a daily basis. Horrendous cable but high monthly prices. Not satisfied at all.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I decided to switch from MetroPCS ($40 a month unlimited everything) to Spectrum Mobile because the rep told me that my bill would only be $54.95 a month with the new phone. So, I thought, sure, I'll pay an extra $15 a month for a new phone. The rep told me that this plan only included 1 gig of data but he said, "You'll never go over one gig because anytime you aren't on WiFi, you'll automatically be connected to Spectrum mobile hotspots." This was a complete lie because he failed to mention that there are only a few Spectrum mobile hotspots in my entire town. He also told me that I would get $100 credit towards my new phone by turning in any old phone. Again, that was a lie. It's only good for certain phones and it has to be done the same day you switch (he never mentioned that part). Since he didn't tell me how to do that, I assumed I would get the information with my new phone. Nope!

I called Spectrum mobile several times and I was on hold for more than an hour each time. Long story short, I've used almost 3 gigs of data every month (I never used even 2 gigs on Metro) and my bill had been almost $90 a month. I told them that the reason I'm using so much data is because my phone is always searching for service. They supposedly use Verizon towers but I was with my friend (who has Verizon) and she had service but I didn't. I went into the local office twice and the only thing they offered to do was give me $10 a month off of my bill if I switched to the unlimited. This is a complete scam! As soon as I get my income tax, I'm paying off my phone and ditching Spectrum.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I’ve found Spectrum to provide very unreliable service as well as not standing behind what their reps tell you. I ended up having to cancel my service 4 days into my current cycle because my internet service resets itself multiple times - sometimes up to 10 or more a day. This was ongoing & it really affected my ability to do my job as I work more & more from home. A change in modem did not resolve the issue either. When I canceled the service, I asked the store rep about possibly prorating my bill for the unused portion of the bill (again 4 days into the current month owed), he replied he couldn’t but if I called the number on the statement they would take care of it for me.

The rep & supervisor I spoke to said it couldn’t be done & refused to take into account the info I was given by Spectrum’s store rep. I wouldn’t be so teed off about this if the rep had been upfront about this when I asked about it, but I expect a company to stand behind the claims their reps make to a client, especially one who has used them for years & who had to leave not just for a better deal or moving out of a service area, but because their service failed to be what I paid for. So not only unreliable internet service for months, but they don’t stand behind what their reps tell you. Buyer Beware.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I had a housemate move out and we paid Spectrum down to a zero balance. I then tried to cancel the service which I did on the exact billing day but the service was not shut off until two days later so I was charged another $190 after I had already canceled the service. I then find out that there is a "deferred payment from covid of $120!!" After I was told it was paid in full by several employees and now they're trying to charge me for another month when I had the service shut off! I then asked them to return the service if I was going to be paying for it and they said, "No! We're not giving you your service back until you pay the bill in full!" I was on the phone for hours with customer service! Spectrum doesn't realize how much freaking time it takes to try to get through to them, it's ridiculous. It may seem like a good deal in the beginning but believe me in the long run it's going to be a nightmare so, I would strongly suggest just stay away from this company.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I want to give 0 rating, but I just gave 1, since this is the least rating available in this portal. Also, I will not suggest Spectrum services to my enemy. 10/30/2020, someone from Spectrum deactivated my account and I tried to reach customer care starting 10 AM and got somehow activated by 4 PM EST and 11/01/2020 my bill started to climb up by an additional $20 for the same poor service Spectrum offered. I am with Spectrum for the last 9 years and getting the Sales team is a challenging, meanwhile you can reach moon and come back before the call connects to the sales team. As Sales team is the only one team who have rights to activate and deactivate a line (Looks funny). I don't know what are all other problems I'm going to get it from them. Jesus, please pass this message to the CEO (poor company in this world).

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Called to cancel service due to my mom's passing. Problem is I called 2 days after billing cycle started. Instead of getting the bill prorated for the two days will charge the full 30 days. Absolutely horrible experience that I will not forget.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Had Spectrum (formerly TWC) service for 4 years in Southern California before our move to Idaho where they're not available. Service was reliable, speeds were good, no data caps to be had, and pricing was consistent. As internet service has become another public utility, Spectrum did their job very well.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I had a bill sent to a collections agency after 45 days. I called Spectrum as soon as I received the letter from collections. I had no idea what it was for, apparently for a modem I did not return. I explained I did not receive a bill and I would pay it. I had that account for 14 years without a single billing issue. All I ask is that my record not be permanently affected by this mishap and 4 customer service agents and 2 hours later - they won't put a Supervisor on the phone and I am told no one can fix this issue. So disappointing you can be a 14 year customer with a solid accounting history and they can't even be bothered. Horrible...

Spectrum Company Information