1.03/5
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

972 AT&T Home Phone Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 12, 2018

My AT&T home phone service has been out (with short respites) since June 26 due to a lightning strike. Tech came out (after 1 week) and "fixed" it, then problem reoccurred. Service comes and goes... On for a couple of hours then back out again. All I hear is a strong AC buzz and no dial tone. People calling in hear it ring and ring but my home phone never rings. Can't get the tech back to work the problem. AT&T's problem reporting system is a joke (at best). Calling the residential help # 1-877-737-2478 which keeps you on hold for 5-10 minutes then automatically rolls to a Spanish language announcement. Problem report originally showed an "expected date" of solution of July 9 now the "expected date" of solution is July 25!

If I had ANY alternative to AT&T in my area I'd use it but they're the only game in town. I've tried chatting with "support". I'm fairly certain I was chatting with a 'bot'. Only got vague, generic responses to my questions. Never addressed the problem directly. I only have a wired home phone because I live in an extremely rural area and cell service is "iffy". I need a reliable service for 911 access. The FCC/FTC should look into AT&T's abject and (in my humble opinion) willful failure as a public carrier.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My mother lost her phone service twice in last couple of months which also impacts her lifeline service. The first time the wait time for repair was 7 days - this time it is 9 days. My aunt lost her service last week and it took 7 days for the service technician. Try to call AT&T and you get nothing but automated system - called 8 times to try and talk with an agent and when I finally got someone he told me he would direct my call to the repair service - asked if I would be talking with a person and he said "absolutely" - was directed right back to automated system.

Unbelievable that this is how AT&T takes care of customers and their equipment. My mother and aunt are both in their 90s, do not have cell phones - nor at their age will they learn to use one and are on the lifeline systems - have mentioned this to AT&T that to have their communication cut off for this long is not appropriate and each time was met with "there is nothing we can do about getting the repair set up earlier". They want customers but really could care less about them. Looking for alternatives to this poorly run company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 4, 2018

We visited the store to discuss our bill. We were told by Josh "we can save you $100.00 a month". We said fine and signed up. Technician came to house and said he couldn't hook up what we signed up for because "it wasn't available". Now we have a different TV service provider and old DSL internet. We are being charged $50.00/month approx for a "home" phone line we neither need or use! Store manager Amy told me "well that's the way it is". Basically, we went to AT&T store and bought service that they can't provide. Time to give up AT&T altogether, phones, internet and TV!

Original review: May 31, 2018

In December of 2016 we got a visit from two door-to-door ATT reps. They promised us a two year deal with "No Price Increases" a price lock for the length of the contract. Do not believe them as our service went up. I called to ask them why and could not get an honest straight answer from them. We bundled internet and Directv to save money but when we got the bill there was little savings to be had. I cancelled the internet portion because the network would not work with our surveillance system and they did waive the early termination fee which was appreciated.

Needless to say the problems with them just kept occurring. I was told that I could get a 650 dollar payout to change to their wireless service and a BOGO on a Galaxy 9 but when I got to the ATT store they looked at us as if we had lost our minds. We went with T-Mobile and they are an honest company who do what they promise. Our contract with them is up in December of 2018. I will cancel and return equipment at that time.

Original review: May 23, 2018

A salesman came to my home at the same time a repair tech came and convinced me that changing to the wireless home phone would be beneficial. No drawbacks. However, after I received it I found that I lost all the phone features. He also said if I wanted to change back I could as long as I did it within 2 weeks and I wouldn't be charged anything. So I changed back only to find I was charged an activation fee. They would not waive it, meaning they would not honor their salesman's lie. This is very typical of AT&T. They lie, They thieve and they don't even offer the superior service. I personally am going to look into Xfinity.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: May 15, 2018

We have not been able to use the landline for the last 3 yrs. About 2-3 yrs ago, we had called service dept and they have sent 3-4 technicians who had checked if the problem comes from our other phones. They found out it did not. Then they said it was caused by our alarm system. We had the ADT come and they checked and said it is not fr the alarm system- in fact it is now connected via cell rather than thru the landline. Finally, they sent the supervisor who said it was caused by the cable that runs from our house to the pole across the street. Temporarily they did something which reduced the humming sound but after a few months, it got louder.

They said they need to change the cable which means digging up the street so it has to be subcontracted out. That was 3 yrs ago. I have sent an email a year or more ago but no reply. We can't use the landline because both parties can't hear anything except the loud humming. Even our voicemail is indecipherable. I would rate NO STAR if possible... if not for the fact that only landline works in case of storms when cell phones don't work and also that the 911 works better with the landline, we would have left ATT. This is the most horrible service I have ever encountered.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I moved to a new home Jan 12 1918, canceled my service and got Uverse. DirecTV didn't cancel old home and when I called they said their mistake and credited my account. My AT&T internet was on my DirecTV bill which was $49.00 a month. DirecTV sent me a zero balance on my account, but AT&T sent me to collections for over $600.00, I have tried to fix this to no avail, I am a disabled senior and no one can tell me why I owe this awful amount. I had a contract with DirecTV not AT&T, I have no options but to take them to small claims dept and sue for stress and this awful ding on my great credit.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Perhaps some of you remember the AT&T (a.k.a. Ma Bell, back in the day) slogan "Reach out and touch someone?" Well, just as that slogan appears to be long gone, perhaps so is AT&T's desire to have callers reach one another using their products! I tried to reach a business number and twice got 'rapid busy' signals and then the typical canned recording to "check the number and dial again." Given the understanding that the number should be a valid working number, I thought to dial AT&T to have the place a call to verify the number. The first barrier was just in trying to pick the correct option when you dial O for operator. I wanted to find out how much it would cost for an operator to verify a number.

Long story short, after being routed to 3 different people in 3 different departments, and BACK to sales again (that happens to double and masquerade as customer service), I got two different answers as to whether they could even provide that service anymore! I even spoke with one young lady (with a thick foreign accent) who didn't seem to immediately grasp what the concepts of a "rapid busy signal" and recorded 'out of service' message are! The tech line said they couldn't place a call, but tried to look up information on the number only to say that they had no information!

After experiencing all this back and forth and their passing the buck in oblivious ignorance at AT&T, I realize that AT&T probably no longer feels it is responsible for completed calls. The idea of 'service' from that company has become more and more narrow over recent decades. So, it's no longer about being helped to 'reach out and touch someone,' but about their intention to 'reach out and grab' your wallet! Why else would they not have a dedicated customer service department and instead take requests for help through sales and 'new service'? What a shame for what used to be a pretty decent company.

Original review: April 21, 2018

How's your Urdu? If you are up to date with your Urdu language lessons you will be the lucky recipient of the meanings of the cacophonous collective background chatter, i.e. before you get cut off when trying to get the simple "How do I block out of area calls on the landline" question, answered, i.e. after you've jumped through several hoops just to get to hear whatever is happening where most of the folks seem to be speaking Urdu. Voice in my head speaks: "For this I'm paying 120 clams/month?"

Original review: April 15, 2018

Called AT&T for repair service when home phone landline went dead at 9:30 pm Saturday night 4/14/18. Could not reach a live person. Was told by automated system to call "during normal business hours" (which it did not state.) Filed a trouble report on-line (after much trouble trying to do so.). Trouble report confirmation says technician will come out by 4/23/18... that's 9 DAYS! TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

Original review: April 1, 2018

Our home phone number was erroneously cancelled on 3/19 by someone at ATT. We have had this phone number for over 25 years and is tied to all our personal accounts. We spent 3 hours on the phone being transferred, hung up on, rerouted to other departments and we still do not have our phone number back. We were informed Sprint has the number. It took 3 hours to get someone there that knew what they were doing (May is her name) to but in a package to retrieve the number back from Sprint.

It gets better, an hour later someone calls from ATT and asks us for our Sprint account number. We have never ever had Sprint. Oh my goodness, do these people even know what they are doing. So either ATT mistakenly cancelled the number or someone hacked into this account and cancelled our home phone number only. Sounds fishy like ATT messed up. What has happened to honesty in this country. If you make a mistake, own up to do it and fix what you did or make amends.

Original review: March 28, 2018

After years of mistaken billing and poor service I disconnected all service with AT&T in mid 2017. So why would a service representative from AT&T enter my crawl space (I live in a duplex) to wire someone else's unit! Because they do not know what they are doing. Exterior grounds are common area - not crawl spaces and basements. They illegally trespassed, did damage to my insulation, drilled unnecessary holes and refuse to admit they are wrong. I'll wait a bit longer to hopefully get to someone who actually knows what they are doing. My spring cleaning will consist of repairing the insulation and removing any wires not attached to my unit.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Last year I purchased a new home and was connected to an AT&T representative when purchasing my homeowners insurance. Because I was interested in internet. The rep convinced me that it would be cheaper if bundled a landline than with internet alone. So I agreed to pay $65.00 for both services. A week or so later DirecTV reps came knocking on my door. They agreed to cancel my phone service and bundle the internet and satellite tv for $70.00/month. Perfect. Except then I receive a bill from AT&T for $115.00 and a bill from DirecTV for $95. Neither of those amounts are what I agreed to. I tried to get the bill resolved through both companies but received the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Basically one sales rep would hear my problem, promise to connect me with someone who could help. Then either transfer me to another sales rep, or just flat out hang up on me.

At this point I am l have wasted hours of my time trying to fix someone else's mistake. Highly frustrating. When no one from either company could explain why I was being billed twice for the same service, I decided I would not do business with a company that cannot honor the contract I signed. The representative who cancelled my service agreed to waive the cancellation fee. I did not agree to pay $600 to cancel a service that I had for 2 months and was dissatisfied with... Had I known it was going to cost me $600 dollars I never would have agreed to cancel. I was lied to on more than one occasion by representatives of both AT&T and DirecTV. When I offered to sign back up to waive the fee, they were happy to offer me packages to sign back up, but the current balance still stands.

Original review: March 17, 2018 AT&T home phone landline customer for past 12 years. Signed up to add DirecTV & internet. AT&T disconnected home phone landline without consulting me.

Have spent the last 15 days trying to get home phone landline re-established. Have talked to AT&T reps in US, Philippines, India, Florida & San Diego, CA -- no resolution to re-establishing landline. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE from customer reps, salespeople and supervisors - including Ken on 3.14.2018 in Miami FL, Shawn (Agent #**), Dwayne (#**) and many, many others -- STILL NO RESOLUTION!!! REQUESTING IMMEDIATE HELP FROM SOMEONE, PLEASE!!!

Original review: March 12, 2018

AT&T does not care about the elderly! They gave my 91-year-aunt a 72 hour wait period to fix her phone. She has limited mobility, takes tons of medication and had no other way to contact the outside world. Their response was they will give her a call if someone cancels their appointment. How??? She has no phone!!! I'm thinking these push button life saving alerts only work if you have a working phone. How can someone pay their bill on time every month for years and can't rely on their services? Shame on AT&T.

Original review: March 1, 2018

THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT AGENCY THAT ACTUALLY HELPS CITIZENS - the FCC had 15 complaints I reported about AT&T - the FCC is just paper pushers with no actual 'teeth' to do anything. After 6 months of run around by At&t - the last with the promise to fix and credit if I supplied my ss#- the letter in August confirms they did talk to me - did correct the situation and promised to fix my account and credit over billings. THEY DIDN'T! So I filed more FCC complaints one of which for At&t to stop calling and harassing me daily and not even do what they promised - A NO CALL REQUEST - gives me $45,000 for each and every violation by At&t when they call me. That didn't stop them!

At&t then called me 5 times a day just to harass me! Never corrected my account - and the DATCP #76915 didn't do a thing about the overbilling and 5 other things they did against a law. TOLD ME TO GET AN ATTORNEY. The attorney told me the DATCP should take care of these violations and added 7 more~~! I attempted to contact Scott Walker's office on 12/28/2017- and 02/14/2018 but I never heard a thing. I called once (I can't call long distance on my landline phone without charges - so I had the call transferred from another state dept). Whoever answered the phone didn't even hear what I had to say and then transferred me to some voice mail.

I guess the ANNOYING blocked call I found was from "Richard" of Scott Walker's office that took my complaint about the FCC and DATCP not doing anything. GUESS WHAT - he just left a message saying I should contact the FCC and DATCP... Ahhh SO FRUSTRATING! Anyway - I just got a DISCONNECT NOTICE FROM At&t that now they are disconnecting my phone for the ILLEGAL overbilling, not correcting my billing for 10 months, not crediting my account for 10 months, the harassment calls, the bogus promise to fix- everything!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have AT&T phone, Internet and DirecTV. I was tired of the Spectrum Service's defects, so I switched to AT&T. On the very day it was installed, the phone, fax and Internet were faulty. After 1 hour of hanging on and arguing with AT&T, a repairman came back and said he had fixed it. Wrong; still faulty. So 1 week later I called for another repairman, and was on chat. The agent hung up on me. Later they called and I was talking to an incompetent foreign agent. I lost the connection. So I will now be back on the phone and try to cancel. That will take me days, if not weeks. In addition, I applied for the current discount. They never gave it to me, & also refused to combine it with my existing DirecTV. They should be barred from California.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have been a loyal customer to AT&T cell phone service for over 20 years ( when it was Cingular). Recently I decided to take advantage of the bundle offer to include internet, home phone and DirecTV. This was a HUGE mistake!!! Within a week after signing up, I had to go to the local store because the service wasn't working and I was overbilled. I have had to go into the store at least 8-9 times since then and each time, I get no results. When I called AT&T customer service, I was honestly told that if I want faster internet speed, I will have to turn off all of my other devices in order to get a better speed. I can't even watch half of the things that were promised to me for my TV because, if I try to watch on demand or something on ROKU, it buffers and buffers until a box shows on the screen telling me my broadband isn't strong enough.

Oh sure, I can download whatever it is I want to watch but, that isn't what I signed up for and it makes movie night not happen... and forget about if someone invited a date over to watch a movie! I have been told that I will have to pay an early termination fee to get rid of them... BS!!! I haven't received the product I am being billed and paying for! I would hope that someone starts a class action against AT&T soon because, it seems like a LOT of consumers are having the same bad experience that I am...

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

In 2016 I noted that my phone bill was getting higher. On limited income I need discounts or help. Currently am disabled hard of hearing and diabetic. As I live very rurally the landline phone is my only connection for assistance if needed. I have called AT&T at least forty different times, only once did I find a person willing to give me a discounted rate for local, long distance and in area phone service for less than 19.00 dollars. Then we had a wildfire take out homes, buildings, phone poles and wires. My wires were down for two weeks and when connected to service included at least 4 other families. Yes we could hear each other's conversations and requested ATT to repair. They did. But, they cut off my phone service.

Frustrated, I elected to do business with DigitalPath which is my internet server also. My phone service is subject to vagaries of atmosphere, Wind, time of day and not all phones work in my house. DigitalPath says that ATT phones are not compatible with DigitalPath and this is my main phone to use as I can see the messages. This I learned after having the system installed and service calls made. My goal is to have ATT landline phone service local long distance and surrounding areas at a price I can afford. I do have CARE and Lifeline for the phone. I would like just phone service and not Uverse or TV.

I talked with customer relations yesterday and the agent was getting me a phone rate of 19.99 but only with TV, which I don't want or need and I am satisfied with my internet satellite WiFi carrier. When the agent heard that he said I can get you phone service for 40.00 dollars and hung up on me. This is not a new occurrence, I have been hung up on many times trying to be polite and do business with this band of outlaws. If nothing else, add my name to a growing list of very dissatisfied customers.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My wife was formerly an AT&T engineer, who installed switching systems for many years (through a Baby Bell subsidiary). We are both now retired, but wifie is what we call a 'telephone pioneer' and she has maintained a loyalty to AT&T for decades, accordingly. We presently have AT&T landline service to our home in the South Land Park Area of urban Sacramento (CA), as we have for the past 40 years. For the past 10 years we have struggled with the quality of our landline telephone service, since it regularly and predictably goes haywire whenever it rains. Each time we've had this vexing problem, we've called AT&T to come out and address the issue. Each time they futz around and the service improves SLIGHTLY (but is never perfectly clear, with elimination of static/noise and/or full restoration of quality voice communication). Until the very next rain, that is, when the same problems begin anew.

Most recently we've had an urgent need to be able to communicate clearly with a skilled nursing facility that is taking care of an aged aunt, often at night and frequently in bad weather. Each time this need arises, the landline has been garbled, choked with static and has been completely unintelligible. It doesn't take much to understand how frustrating it is to be unable to communicate with that SNF on an urgent basis when required, since we do NOT use our cellular phones for routine communication, using them only on a rare occasion (such as on the road for emergencies). We rely on our landline, therefore, completely and totally and the abysmal service provided by AT&T is and has never been absolutely acceptable.

The last time we called AT&T repair services to come address this recurring issue, the supervisor who was along on the call candidly admitted to me hat the root cause of all our problems was the antiquated infrastructure ("legacy hardware") that AT&T still uses in a great number of locales. He informed me that AT&T has a serious market share handicap and that Verizon/Xfinity and the other service providers all have fiber optic systems and infrastructure, whereas AT&T still relies to a disproportionate extent on its existing, ancient hard-wired connection network.

Furthermore, he told us that although AT&T is gradually updating and replacing its ancient hard-wired connections with a modern fiber optic system, installations are all prioritised on a regional basis and our particular neighborhood is at the bottom of that updating priority list! He frankly admitted that our particular area isn't scheduled for fiber optic replacements for a considerable amount of time yet! Meaning that they can only continue to put 'bandaids' on all the many problematic landline connections that reoccur until such time as installation of newer (and more reliable) fiber optics reaches us.

The bottom line he said, is continuing marginal and inadequate telephone service to homes like ours, which are still served by aging hard-wired 'legacy' networks. Additionally (as if that weren't bad enough), he said the particular cables that served us were 'paper-covered' (meaning paper insulated, presumably), which would continue to be a problem whenever moisture (such as rain) penetrated the lines!

In short, we were told that "Sorry, but there's nothing we can do to improve things until our area's fiber optic installation system reaches you (well off in the future, apparently)". For this we continue (rather stupidly, I think) to blindly & obediently pay our AT&T bill for totally unacceptable levels of service. The broadband service we receive is adequate for our computers and digital communications, but the telephone service is, as I have indicated, essentially the worst possibly imaginable.

We are again waiting for another AT&T repair person to come out and put more bandaids on our system (this is the 3rd such call in a week, without any service improvement at all and a continuation of the lousy receptivity at our home). As a result of this infuriating and totally unacceptable status quo, we have today upgraded our cellular phone service through a separate contractor and will be informing AT&T to DISCONTINUE our existing land-line telephone service. We shall henceforth be relying exclusively on cellular service, which even at its worst, is still heads and tails BETTER than our AT&T 'legacy' landline.

As for wifie's misplaced 'loyalty' to her AT&T telephone pioneer affinities, I have explained that in this modern age of cutthroat infighting by communications service providers, such archaic 'brandism' is grossly outdated and irrelevant. I only hope that this record of our own experiences with AT&T's 'legacy antiquarianism' will be insightful to all others who still persist on relying upon AT&T for landline voice communications!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I moved to a new location within the same city and requested to have my landline transferred. AT&T performed the installation and when I attempt to use the phone it does not work. I called them about 3 times to make arrangements and each time I would wind up on the phone for an hour and then it would hang up. This would be after I connected with Customer service who then transfers me to technical support that never answers. When I did finally get someone, they sent another guy out when I was not home claiming to have fixed the line. The line still did not work.

Meanwhile I'm being charged for a phone that does not work. I tried 3 more times to call until my last call on November 11, 2017 when I waited again on the phone for someone to pick up from a transfer. The phone hung up "again". This time AT&T disconnected my service for non-payment. I call again to explain why I did not make the payment and they insist that I make a payment for them to issue me a new number because the old number now has been assigned to someone else. All I'm trying to do at this point is prove that my phone never worked, so I make a payment expecting to get my money returned after this fiasco.

I'm about to get a new number and have the guys come out and set up my line AGAIN and I can show them that it does not work. They then tell me that they need to do a hard credit check on me to set up the line. I tell them forget it because I have already paid for the past 7 months for service I never received and they are not going to ding my credit, by taking more from me than they already have. I have decided to go with Southern California Telephone company for Land Line service. At least someone will answer the phone when I call and they will have someone competent enough to set up my landline.

One note. Every time I did call they wanted to push the voice over IP. Perhaps this is the underlying motive after all. Discourage all use of landlines. Why?

Privacy perhaps or just plain laziness. I will be switching from DirecTV and my Internet services too which are provided by AT&T and to think they still wanted to do a credit check. I'm just shopping around.

This company has proven over and over that it is incompetent. Customer service is almost non-existent. This is a clear example of a company that has gotten too big to handle its customers in an equitable manner. We need more choices, not fewer. The best way to counter poor customer handling and service to move to another provider that will fulfill those needs. I also want to add, tell the world about it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

On 1/4/2018 I discovered that my elevator phone lines in one of our 104,000 sq foot office buildings were not active. AT&T was contacted to request repairs. We were told by the AT&T rep that it was an error on their part and that the service would be back on that coming Saturday. Checked Monday - service not active. Called AT&T - went through same process (takes about 45 minutes each time) and was told that service would be back on Tuesday. Checked Tuesday - service not active. Called AT&T again for repairs. This process has repeated FIVE times. Have been given numerous excuses including that no one showed up to meet the technician for the appointment - even though we were told that we didn't need to. It's now been almost two weeks and I still don't have active phone lines in my elevators. I have urged all the new tenants who are asking for recommendations for phone service to not use AT&T for their phone service. Service stinks!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

This review is for AT&T landline repair. My landline has been out for a month. AT&T finally showed up today. I showed the repair person the low line in the backyard and mention the dangling wires on the telephone pole in the backyard surrounded only by a plastic bag. He said the plastic bag was "pretty standard". He said he was going to get his ladder and test the connection to the house. 90 seconds later he knocks and tells me the problem is in my house. Guess he did not realize I could see him through my window and he did not test the line!

I have made another appointment and must wait another week for another repair person to show. I guess this guy didn't want to do his job because it was raining.This guy is "pretty standard" in my experience with AT&T. Last time I needed repair I had to file an FCC report to get them to do their job. I may have to do that again. Very displeased with AT&T. I have been a customer for over 30 years. They are always willing to take my money, yet unwilling to do much for it!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I was a long time customer of Verizon - no issues in 20 yrs (a little pricey). I have been with DirecTV since 2005. Sadly they were bought out by AT&T. So AT&T comes out with dog and pony show. I basically kept my pricing on satellite and added their high speed. They did the hard push for my cell business and made promises they didn’t keep. Since I had been with Verizon so long I was offered the iPhone for a .01 pay for data, voice etc. Well they started charging me for it. I was stuck because it doesn’t matter what you say they say it’s not true. Then say if you break Contract that will be 550.00. Well I have had them exactly one yr bundled and my 202.00 bill just went to 344.73! They will do nothing to adjust. They don’t have any specials. Well they will have my cell service for ONE more yr. Tonight I am finding new satellite/cable whatever and high speed. STAY AWAY! You get a good deal for one yr and then the shaft. You have been warned!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Dishonest salespersons for this company will swear something is going to be one price (and a big savings) and then you will end up paying more than you were before! I don’t understand how you can employ people that flat out lie to your customers!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have received multiple amounts of incorrect bills in the mail in the past from AT&T, and wasted hours of my time trying to address these bills over the phone with them. Needless to say, I have been upset on Friday afternoon after work when I would receive my AT&T bill in my mailbox showing that my bill was incorrect and there was no one to contact to discuss this at AT&T until Monday morning. I now refuse to play their game any longer. I have decided to only have my internet service thru them, and won't go with anything else. This way I can stay on top of only having one service from them. I still have my internet thru AT&T, because I can't find anyone else reputable enough to trust for internet service. I have Dish Network TV and a Verizon home phone line and I could not be happier with their services - their bills are always correct when I receive them in the mail.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We paid for their privacy manager where unidentified callers could not call without exposing their name and phone number. This really cut down on the majority of junk calls. AT&T removed the privacy manager from all of CA phones without notifying the subscribers. Now, we are getting tons of junk calls that are numerous daily. AT&T should be ashamed of themselves for removing this feature without notification.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I have called AT&T more than 25 times since September 14, 2017. I changed providers from Birch Communications to AT&T on 9-14-17. MISTAKE!!! I wanted AT&T to be the current provider and have US Telecom as long distance server. US Telecom sent AT&T an order form to confirm this on 9-14-17. AT&T put on hold on US Telecom and would not release the hold as of November 1, 2017. I said fine, I called US Telecom, told them to cancel the request and I called AT&T to be the long distance carrier. AT&T said it would take 24-48 hours and long distance would be available.

As of today, November 7, 2017 there still is NO long distance installed. I found out today that a hold until November 15, 2017 has been put on the account but nobody knows why. This company should not be able to provide any FCC communications. Asked for corporate number and was told the supervisor was the only one that could provide that and she was busy and would call me back. I'm waiting and bet I never get the callback. This is ridiculous!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

AT&T has charged me a restoral fee in which they are responsible. They combined my accounts without my knowledge and when I found out I had them change it back. My wife paid by phone each month the total over the phone. They never sent a bill for the other portion of the account. By the time I got notice they disconnected my internet service. They seem to be able to change things without your permission and then charge you for it. I am Fed up! They can be replaced.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Need help from AT&T customer service? Don't expect to get it... Plan on being put on hold, forwarded to more incompetent employees, being hung up on, and not getting any support for your problems with their service! I highly recommend not ever signing up with AT&T!

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. Consumers who bundle two or more services receive discounts.

• U-verse Voice: Consumers in select locations can subscribe to U-verse Voice, a digital home phone service that makes calls using an Internet connection. The service is available in over 20 states.

• Traditional service: AT&T offers traditional landlines in most locations throughout the United States. Options include local and nationwide plans. Rates vary by location.

• Extra features: Customers can add several features to their phone service, including three-way calling, call forwarding, selective call forwarding, call waiting, caller ID and more. Some plans include these features in the monthly fee.

• Online support: AT&T customers can visit the Support section of AT&T’s website to learn about using the features associated with their landline. They can also schedule service and installation online.

• International calling: International calling can be added to any plan for a monthly fee. Interested consumers can visit AT&T’s website to see per-minute rates for international plans.

• Best for: AT&T Home Phone is best for anyone who wants a traditional landline and is looking for a variety of additional features.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs