3.8/5 (774 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Mediacom Cable

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

Mediacom Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: June 6, 2022

I've had Mediacom for the 21 years I've lived here and the service has been fairly smooth, but my other neighbors have had multiple problems. In fact, my girlfriend on the other side of the development has had to do a reset, while I've had minimal. The techs have been really good. They're very friendly, thorough, and they take their time and answer all my questions very well. Mediacom's customer support has been pretty good as well. On occasion though, I get someone who doesn't speak very good English and it's very hard to understand them.

I have the internet, phone and cable bundle, but as much as I've enjoyed Mediacom's good service, they're charging too much. When the price went up a couple months ago, I did a math calculation and the rates since last year were up 20%. Lately, the bill has been $216, and it was 167 a year ago. That's almost 50 bucks. Because of the fact that rates have gone up so high in the last year, I'm considering the alternative, which is Comcast, which is now in here. My three neighbors behind me have said the same thing recently and they want to switch over. My girlfriend is very upset about the rate too, and she also wants to go over to Comcast.

Good morning John,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the billing problems that you experienced, and glad I was able to reach you today to confirm we have since gotten your billing concerns resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Suzzane

Original review: June 5, 2022

I have Mediacom's cable, TV, internet, and phone. The service is okay. But I'm thinking about just going with internet. It's just a lot of money out of my pocket. $190 a month. Plus, it's a house that I'm not there often. And I found that some of the shows that they have there are not shows that I get from Comcast at my other house. So, a lot of the good channels that I watch here are not available down there. Also, some of the people were not easy to work with and aren’t pleasant to try to work with me. They just want to put me off and say, “Oh, well. That's all we can do for you.” This lady said, “Let me check and see.” And she took all of her patience. So, she was a 10. But 90% of the time, their people are not pleasant.

Good morning Linda,

Thank you so much for your review. I do apologize about the poor service you have received from our representatives that is not the experience we want you to have. Currently you are on our cheapest package for the services you have but if you are wanting to lower down to internet only, please call us and we would be more than happy to discuss that change with you. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 4, 2022

There's no service available at my address. I'm going to cancel at some point. Whatever this is for is at my old address. It probably has something to do with the poor condition cable in the yard that was never done correctly by the last tech, several years ago, that failed as soon as he drove off. I couldn't get them to replace the bad spliced cable so I could bury it properly. Out here they won't even talk to me about running hardline 1800 ft from the pole....The local manager won't even talk to me. He only gave me a contractor quote of $25K. I have no loyalty to Mediacom at all. Their service goes down a lot and they aren't helpful.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Automated answer from you. It Restored service but we still have only 2 bars of connection. It’s been nearly 3 months with 2 bars. Previously we had 4. Also we have exposed wire in our backyard. Workmen never showed up to bury although they said they would.

Good morning Laura,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad I was able to speak with you today and confirm your service issues have been resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 4, 2022

When my internet works, it works perfectly fine. I can have my game going. All my electronics that are on the same house are going. And at the price point, it’s not that bad, either. But there were times that the internet was out, flickered on and off for two weeks. We had to wait until somebody came here, which the whole area was like that. But the customer service has been good. I lost my job a while ago and I couldn't pay the bill. They gave me a week. That was nice. They're respectful. Also, I understand there can be a variety of problems that come with this eero thing. They always get down to it and work it out for me. They try their best to remediate things and keep up the good work. I truly appreciate what they do.

Good morning Willie,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear overall you are happy with our company and your experience. I do apologize for the service issues with have experienced. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 3, 2022

We have had two technicians come on the last month. Both very nice. The first replaced all the wires from outside. The second double checked that there were no outages. I was never told we would be charged $49. And now that our wiring is up to date we have had outages many times. So irritating.

Good morning Judy,

Thanks so much for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the service and billing issues that you have experienced. I am glad I was able to reach you today to go over all of your concerns and questions to resolve this matter. We look forward to continuing to serve you. If you have further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 3, 2022

2 of our outlets didn't work, was told when we moved in that all the outlets worked, so when I called about them not working the tech was rude. He told me I would have to pay for each outlet that the technician had to activate. None needed to be activated. The original technician told us the wrong cables that were active. Now I am being charged for a service call. NOT HAPPY.

Good morning Toni,

Thank you for taking my call today and for taking the time to write and post your review. I do apologize for the confusion of our technicians and for the inconvenience that this may have caused. I'm glad that I was able to resolve this matter for you today. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I liked Mediacom Cable's pricing. Also, their reps are professional and helpful. They came out fast to hook me up. Mediacom is reliable, affordable and I will recommend it.

Good morning Tracy,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad your experience with our company has been so good. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: June 2, 2022

Did not receive my statement so called to find out where it was as I knew it would be due. Had to call two times and was told a new statement would be sent out. I never did receive one so paid my bill over the phone. This was a big inconvenience. The lady I talked to blamed it on the postal service which it could have been, but I should have not been told they would send another statement because of today haven't got it.

Good morning Donald,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post your review. I am so sorry to hear you did not receive your billing statement recently. I am glad I was able to reach you today and resolve your billing concerns to suit your needs. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: June 2, 2022

I thought I was getting a pretty inclusive package, but it seems so many channels are not accessible to us. I'm disappointed at the cost relative to the service. No Science Channel, Smithsonian, Mav TV, Start TV, GAC Living and more. Just not interested in the premium movie channels.

Good afternoon LeAnn,

Thank you so much for your review as well as taking my call. We did go over the cost of the channels tiers to add the additional channels are you looking for. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Technician was courteous and thorough in replacing the cable line running from the street into my house. Speed is now at what it should be. The last customer rep was also helpful and thorough unlike the first two who evidently hung up on me. Thank you.

Good morning Leigh,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry to hear that you had representatives that hung up on you and that you were having such issues with your speed. I am glad that the technician was able to get the issue resolved and the last representative was helpful. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I moved into a new apartment complex and for some reason, they had all the wiring underground. They told me that it was already connected for cable and internet. But when Mediacom checked, they said it was not wired. When Mediacom came out about six months later, there were new underground cables and I’ve had the service since then. I like Mediacom because I have the internet, TV, and phone all on one account. I'm thoroughly enjoying these services. But right now, my internet was out on the first of the week. Also, my Wi-Fi goes off and on throughout the day and cuts off if I'm on the computer. I need to put in an order for them to check that.

Good afternoon Tom,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying our services. For the issue you mentioned, please call us and we would be happy to get that issue fixed. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 2, 2022

We were notified that someone was putting charges on our account. The person who I talked to explained everything and said that it was resolved. We were happy that it was taken care of and was no longer an issue.

Good morning Ron,

Thank you so much for your review. I do apologize about the inconvenience with the bill you experienced but glad to hear we were able to get things resolved for you. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Resolution response: June 7, 2022

Thank you for caring about your customers.

Original review: June 1, 2022

This is not a fix for my household. I appreciate Mediacom for providing my service, so much, however, some things could be better. Outsourcing Customer Service to India was a mistake and will only frustrate customers. All of the techs you have sent to my home, to include maintenance crew were great guys that I would invite to dinner.

Good morning Lila,

Thank you for taking my call this morning and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm glad that I was able to help provide you with a couple options that could work to accomplish your goals. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

My mother came to live with me as she became bedridden. I needed an additional TV in the bedroom. Mediacom came and did the installation. Work was done quickly and professionally. Mom was happy to have something to watch during the day.

Good morning Barbara,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad we were able to provide additional service for you and your family in a timely manner. If you have any further questions or concerns going forward, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

He was very disrespectful. Cussing at me over the phone. Saying that he been all ** morning. My wife forgot to tell me about the appointment. That was no reason for him to act like that. He should have just left. When he saw I was mad he apologized. That's not acceptable.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Other than mixup on appointment time and date the service from technician was great. Has to come back tho to complete the job. Otherwise was very efficient and knowledgeable about what he was doing. Very helpful. Thank you for asking.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I was very unhappy about all services being out and was considering going to a different provider. The technician, Eric, showed up today and was very professional. He got my devices back up and running, which really pleased me. He explained the things he was doing which was very helpful. If things continue to go well I will be staying with Mediacom.

Good evening Mary,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you have had. I'm glad to hear that Eric stepped up and got everything resolved for you and that he also took the time to explain what he was doing. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

You sent me on a wild goose chase to Red Oak IA by assuring me the office was open 8am-4:45pm. I got there on Thursday and the doors were all locked up. There was a sign on the door that they would be closed on May 18 and May 26 — so they knew at least since May 18 that they’d be closed on the 26th. That was a wasted trip. I went back to Red Oak on Friday and got the new remote. It didn’t work and could not be programmed. A very nice tech came on 5/31 and had to throw the remote you gave me away and give me a new one. We were one full week without TV at 208 W Thomas. You need to credit my mother, Phyllis ** for that. Not to mention, gas and mileage for 2 trips that were entirely fruitless. You should have sent a tech to begin with like I requested.

Good morning Judy,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry to hear about the issues we had in swapping out your remote. I am glad I was able to speak with you today and confirm we have have since resolved those issues and that we were also able to fix any billing concerns you may have had. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

My 3 year promotion ends in June, but there are no promotions at this time so my monthly payment will rise substantially. I am retired and have limited income...Mediacom should offer a senior discount. More seniors would use Mediacom ZV services if an incentive was available.

Good morning Diane,

Thanks for taking my call today and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm glad to hear that one of our reps was able to help find you a better priced option. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Someone in town cut cable- advertised a city wide outage. In the AM, I was still without internet- called the #, went thru the online chat (totally worthless), finally figured out how to talk to a real person. she sent out a technician within a couple hours. (That was wonderful). He said my modem was fried and he replaced it. I got the internet back however it wouldn't work with my company's internet. Now I don't have wi-fi as the only way we could get it to work is if it was bridged. I have tried talking to multiple people at Mediacom. The technical service people don't know how to talk to someone that is not a techy person. I can't wait until I can get another internet provider who can actually fix this situation for me.

Good morning Cheri,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. We have made several attempts to reach you, but have been unable to reach you. I'm sorry to hear about the service problems that you are describing in your review. When you have a chance, please call us on 1-800-332-0245 and we would be happy to help with getting everything working for you. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I am very disappointed with your treatment and handling of charges for customers that have been with Mediacom for 41 years. It is people like us that keep your business going. I do not qualify for the ACP program but feel you should help your long time customers more than you do.

Good morning Carol,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the billing problems that you have been experiencing. I am happy I was able to reach you today and go over all of your billing concerns to get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Very nice and informative. I've thought about just using internet and she gladly gave the amount to think about what I want to do in the future. I love Mediacom and believe you are the best around. Someday I may or may not change my service and until then I'm fine for now. Thank you.

Good afternoon Teresa,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm happy to hear that you feel that we are the best service provider around. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

The Internet will shut off just unexpectedly and then turn on unexpectedly and every time it does that I had to keep rebooting the system and then the buttons on the little red box will keep blinking red instead of white so I don’t know what’s wrong with it and the guys that came to the house were really really helpful but it still didn’t help. I’m not sure how to fix it. I’m not sure how to how it’s going to make it better but I wish that I wouldn’t turn on and off like that and it constantly lost are bleeding out of nowhere errrrooo what will.

Good morning Brittany,

Thank you for taking my calls and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm sorry about the issues that you have experienced. I'm happy to hear that our last tech visit was able to get this issue fixed. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Resolution response: June 7, 2022

We had a technician arrive who was able to verify that our internet service is working and resolved the hardware problems we had with the Eero boxes. Speed tests have been consistently over 500 on our devices since the tech visit and haven't had any issues with video conferencing while NETFLIX is streaming in another room.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I called to cancel our cable service because nobody was watching cable in the house, only using streaming services and because the bill kept going up each month. The person I talked with was very pleasant and took care of the issue. Then the internet went out. I called back to find out that the internet had been turned off along with the cable. After a couple of hours it was sorted out and the cable works again. However, now the internet seems much slower and not the 1 Gig speed I signed up for. The best speed I've since the cable incident is around 120mbps, on the same setup that was previously much faster (500+).

Good afternoon Daniel,

Thank you for taking our calls and for taking your time to write and post your review. I'm sorry to hear about the issue that occurred. I am quite happy to hear that our technician was able to resolve this issue. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Need a tech to come out, appointment window between 1-5pm, called me at 2:44pm. Missed the call because I was working, called back a minute later and tried to say my appointment may not be guaranteed. They said they called me 3 times, which was not true, only once! Worst customer service ever!

Good morning Melissa,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the service issues that you have experienced. We have tried to contact you to try to resolve the issue but haven't been successful in reaching you. If you have further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Never received return box requested on 5/20. Called several times to inquire about status. Was told we would have yesterday but did not arrive. Today we asked for a shipping label but was told that could not be done. Finally got the address because we have run out of time and will send back in an old Dish box. Seems like Mediacom is not sending the boxes out so we will get charged for the equipment.

Good afternoon James,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the shipping box issues that you have been experiencing. I am glad I was able to reach you today and go over our delays with shipping boxes at this time. If you have further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I was happy to be able to have my moving transfer done in a timely manner, my one complaint is the technician seemed unaware or oblivious that he was tracking in mud. I was moving in that day and there were grass clippings from both groups, however they were not tracking in mud.

Good afternoon Kevin,

Thank you so much for your review. I apologize for the issues you experienced when having your services transferred to your new residence. I am glad I was able to reach you today and confirm everything else went well though. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Both employees arrived and had completed the job in 30 minutes. They were professional and friendly! Even though it took a week for them to return to complete the job; they did connect the internet so we could use it until the burial was complete.

Good morning Suzanne,

Thanks so much for your review. I am happy to hear we were able to provide service to meet you and your family's needs until the burial was complete. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Reduction of bill through government assistance as needed on my low fixed income. Appreciate the assistance from Mediacom operators. They were patient and helpful…all questions answered and completed. Thank you very much.

Good afternoon Mary Lee,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write and post your review. I am happy to hear we were able to help you with your billing concerns to help reduce your billing. If you have further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Mediacom Cable Company Information