Call toll free
4.64/5
Based on 100 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Business Capital is an industry leader for business financing. Our experience puts us ahead of the competition. Here at National Business Capital, we are dedicated to our customers and are committed to seeing their success. Our application process is FAST and EASY. No need to shop from lender to lender with approvals in 24 hours or less. From business equipment financing, business line of credit to small business loans, we have a wide variety of financing programs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can service you.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

156 National Business Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We really wanted a credit line and being in the business that we’re in, a credit line was not possible so we went ahead and borrowed 11,000 through National Business Capital. I didn’t need and didn’t want to but I went ahead and did it so we can build a relationship. If I need large lumps of money down the road, I can get it. There are days that I spend 20 to 30 grand at once and sometimes if my jewelry is not selling, I need the loan to cover me until it sells and then when it sells, I can pay it right back.

The rep explained to me that since I’m new and we’re kind of a start-up business and being in the business that we are in, it’s best just to take the starter offer. However, the process of applying for and receiving the financing was a pain in the ** for not a lot of money. The people I was dealing with are not local. We just email, talk on the phone, send the documents over and sign them. Then the fax machine wasn’t working, so they were not getting them. It was a long process getting everything sorted out and talking on the phone. Every time I would send them everything that I needed, it seemed like something was missing. I had to keep resending stuff. It was a hassle.

If we were face to face, we could get it done in 20 minutes but them being out of town from where I am, it just makes everything a little bit more difficult. Other than that everything was fine. They have everything now and I won’t have to go through all that anymore. Also I talked to numerous people and everyone was very nice, upfront and very helpful.

Get expert buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I wanted to get a new freezer for my store because the old freezer was giving me a hard time so I financed with National Business Capital. It's a good company, with good people working for them. I sent them my bank statements and all the information they asked for. They were very cooperative and it was good to deal with them. They would tell me what they need and if I didn’t send that to them, they got back to me again. They were on time all the time. Also if you don’t know some things, they will help. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I wanted to expand my business. I was seeking financing and there was one of the Bank of America persons who had a good work relationship with National Business Capital and he sensed Bank of America didn't do some of the things we needed to do. He referred us to National Business Capital. My experience was a very positive one. There was excellent involvement as far as not having to wonder about who's gonna call me back or things being answered or unanswered. Communications were excellent.

Working with National Business Capital affected my business extremely well. It permits us to expand and grow and to kind of get our hands along what it is we need to do financially with having things balance out, and not having to reach any further, since all the work was done by National Business Capital's rep, Ryan. Communication and feedback from him was timely. So we knew primarily where we were at all times. We didn't have to guess or wait weeks and days. Things were done in a timely fashion.

I would refer others to someone like Ryan. The company is great, but you'd always have that key person that you had nice work relationship with, and Ryan did a wonderful job representing the company. He gives feedback to things that look favorable like "We're right there. We're right here now. We'll have this cleared, but I just need this." He won't leave you hanging and that's crucially important in business. You need someone to help you maneuver and just get there, and he was that person.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I appreciate the streamlined application process. Your staff and business associates were professional and efficient. I was treated with respect and they took the time to understand my business needs. With the new loan I am able to improve my short-term cash flow so my business will continue to grow and expand the services I can offer.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Most incompetent group of people I have ever done business with. Withheld information on my contract until time of payment which would have otherwise changed my mind on continuing with this company, ignorant to requirements and paperwork needs, gave false information including a drastic exaggeration of when the funds would be available costing a week's loss of work for my company, and finally lied about there being no prepayment penalties withholding the fact that there are no prepayment discounts which legally is in fact a prepayment penalty. Highly unprofessional group of people, next to impossible to get on the phone when needed, and once you finally get them on the phone you are told they dont have the requested information because they havent been informed by their "underwriter". Out of all the financial compaines I have ever worked with this one is by far the worst I have ever seen and will never use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Business Capital?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We have gotten some really big jobs and whenever we need to start that we have to rent big heavy-duty equipment, buy the fuel upfront and hire new people. We financed for our start-up cost through National Business Capital and they were easier to work with and more personable than others. They made the process so good. We weren’t embarrassed and we weren’t ashamed that we needed help. It was a great experience for us. They got us the best rate. They sent the paperwork over right away and followed up. If there's anything lacking, they let you know immediately. You don’t have to wait till the end of the day and then they’ll get you the funding as quick as they can -- if not the same day, the very next day.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Josh of National Business Capital was professional. My application went very well. Josh and I had excellent interactions through the whole process.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Excellent service. John ** was excellent answer all my questions. He was very professional. He kept me informed of everything with the loan and I will be doing business with you in the future when I open up a couple more restaurants but I only want John ** as my rep.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I worked with Joe ** who was AMAZING! I tried a few other companies and they could NOT get the deal done. Joe worked fast and had many more options and made it happen. The deal only took a few days to be completed! I HIGHLY recommend Joe and will use him from now on for all my business funding! He came through like he promised.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The help we received was great. Mr. ** was an amazing person to work with. He made it as painless as possible. I would recommend him to everyone. If needed in the future I would definitely call on him again.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I was upgrading and I needed financing. I talked to three companies at once and National Business Capital seemed to be one of the best ones. Their rate was about the same as the others I talked to, but I followed their service and they didn’t push me. So, I went with them. I held my application until I got the three months bank statements and three months of credit card bank documents. Then I filled out a short form and the rep I worked with did great. He'd done everything he said he’d do and I completed the lending process about a month a half ago. I wouldn’t have the money to do what I needed to do if I haven't got National Business Capital.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I've done business with National Business Capital before and I also got their help when we were building another shop. I was able to get something done that I would have to put off for a while. The lady that I dealt with kept me updated by email with what was going on. Every time we went through another approval, she let us know. She was all with good communication on our behalf. I had a good experience and I would still do business with them.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We sought marketing and some expansion to marketing for our business, and National Business Capital was the only ones that said that they could do a line of credit-type loan. It's not one of those loans where you put the money in and then they take it out every day. And it can be anywhere from 20% to 40% interest on a fixed-year line of credit. For the application, they had my stuff from before when they were trying to push one of their other loans on me. So, all I had to do was provide some more current bank statements and they got the loan done. Then they take the payment money out twice a month. I haven't had the financing money that long and it's a difficult time right now because I've got family in town who are doing a vacation and I still got the marketing guys out. So, we're still trying to grow the business using that capital and National Business Capital is better than the other companies.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was looking to expand on some of my ventures that I wanted to do and I was referred to National Business Capital by an individual. Initially, I thought it was gonna be a line of credit but I like the fact that it’s not forced on my credit. I was able to negotiate the pre-payment's penalty because I didn’t want it to be such a long loan and they were able to work with me. The stiff work were comparable and so I decided to just try it out. The application process was painless. They answered my stipulations, just my bank statements and tax records, and the process was good. I didn’t realize some of the back fees so the loan was $25,000 and it was $5,000 in service cost. I wish I had known that upfront.

Carrie was the person that I worked with directly and our interaction was professional. She was diligently in trying to work through the different concerns that I was having. She worked to the best of her ability in trying to work that loan to get me some money. She laid it out and said, “You might have a finance fee” but I didn’t realize it was gonna be that great of amount. It was steep. Nonetheless, the money I got came in handy and hopefully I’d be able to turn that money around quickly and be able to pay National Business Capital back. It gave me a little extra cushion so I can partake in growing my business a bit. They told me they’d offer me more money once I finish my 2017 taxes. However, my attorney is having some health issues and I had to get an extension and so it’s been a drag, a long thing, to finish up my taxes. I’ll see how it goes.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I would highly recommend the company to my friends. National Business Capital work with me through the loan until I was funded... My agent John ** worked very hard trying to get me approved. He answered all my questions about the loan, also I called him at least five times a day...

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was getting some equipment for resale, and I had to advance the payments of my vehicles to get them paid off before the time, so I can make more profit. National Business Capital spoke to me in a way that I could understand better. And they requested information from me, and they made it very clear where the information goes and everything they will be doing with the information. I felt comfortable and they treated me like family. The reps were respectable and they made sure that I understood all the process. I got the small business loan for $12,000, and I do the payments daily. Working with National Business Capital has been a blessing. It put me in a better spot financially. It has given me some advantage now with the cash flow because I still have a little cash from that loan just to back up any emergency that I need to replace an equipment. I've recommended National Business Capital to other small business people.

Original review: June 8, 2018

One of my doctors utilized National Business Capital before and they were referred by her to us. I called in and they were nice. They called me back, we did a lot of paperwork and they approved us on what they thought what we needed, which was a good thing. It was good working with Josh, their agent. He was very informative and thorough. He would return my calls all the time and if I had any questions, he would answer them. We’ve gotten most of the construction done and just got a little bit more to do.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We’re a seasonal business and we usually have capital needs throughout the year. We have dealt with multiple providers and National Business Capital seems to be one of the easier to work with. There’s usually somebody like Nick there. He and I either text or email, and I can do it on the fly. I might not be in my office for three days so I call him. It‘s something I can do with him quick and easy. We used to have some real highs and lows in terms of capital level and National Business Capital has helped me maintain a consistent level which was really important.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I sought financing because I wanted to purchase some equipment, but after that I decided that I was gonna hire some new people. National Business Capital was recommended to me and the process was really easy to go through. The rep was always helping me out with whatever I was missing and he gave me really good guidance. I didn’t have any problems at all understanding what he was saying. The only thing that I wasn’t made aware of was the interest on it. Working with them has helped me a lot and and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

NBC was very professional and timely. My company is in an industry which is very hard to obtain financing, and it was never once a problem from Michael. Within a week of our first communication with each other, he was able to secure most of the financing I was seeking. I will be using them again should my business demand more financing in the future.

Original review: May 31, 2018

At first I wasn’t gonna go with National Business Capital at all because the terms weren’t right, and the rep Greg went back and lowered the amount that I was borrowing on and got me to something closer. The cost of the product is higher than what it should be, but it got me out of a pinch, so at that time it helped out. Also, I wasn’t satisfied with not having a lump sum monthly payment. I'm not happy with them taking out of my account daily. I'd rather it had just been a fixed one monthly payment rather than taking $113 out of my account every day five days a week for the maturity of the loan.

Original review: May 30, 2018

National Business Capital helped me a lot. I got equipment financing from them for my trucking business and the process was really quick and easy. Everything was broken down nicely. I also met with the business planning and learned a lot about credit as well as marketing. It was a good experience and I love it.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I had some maintenance issues and some insurance I needed to take care of for the renewal of the big trucks. I had received some offers from National Business Capital in the past and I didn’t really need anything right then, so I reached back and called one of the guys who had reached out to me. They were available and they gave me a good rate. Everybody did everything in their power to help me and they did what they told me they’d do. Working with them gave me the money that I needed to operate. If I hadn't gotten it then, I don't know what in the world I would have done.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We were paying off some short-term debt that was constricting cash flow so we looked at financing. We’re in a pretty strong growth curve right now and wanted to have cash available to be able to meet the growth demand that we’re experiencing and we talked to Josh from National Business Capital. He kept going above and beyond and was willing to work with us so he was very easy to work with. It’s always difficult to apply for financing with every bank but Josh and his ability to work with us and make sure that he’s clear and concise with what we need made it easier for Jessica, my comptroller, to get everything ready for him.

National Business Capital should keep doing what they’re doing because it’s making it easier for small business. It’s one of those Catch-22’s, the more you need the money, the less able you seem to get it. And so, it looks hard until you put it on paper. Josh was one of the few who sat there and listened. We went through step A to step B to explain how everything is connected. We’re still waiting to see how things are going to play out but they’re doing exceptional.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I’ve been dealing with National Business Capital for over a year so I decided to stay with them when I needed financing for business expansion. It’s been great and I don’t have any problems with them. The reps were good to work with and I’d totally recommend the company.

Original review: May 14, 2018

My company is growing and required business capital. Mark and his team worked diligently under we closed. The timing was fast, the process was easy to follow and we were reassured whenever we had questions or concerns. I would highly recommend Mark and his team. We look forward to working together in the future.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Everything was okay with National Business Capital but the rate was higher. It was almost close to 20% compared to a bank loan so it’s much more expensive.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I wanted to expand the marketing platform that we have to be able to ramp it up a bit more and get more clients as well as to manage some of the commercial projects. I was referred to National Business Capital by my accountant. The process of applying for and receiving the financing was quick and painless. We sent in the documents that they were requesting like bank statements, taxes and it was nothing too crazy or difficult. It was simple than I imagined it would be. We just purchased a home, so it's probably simpler than going through that. Everything from National Business Capital has been so far very good. They're a good company.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I went with a different company, but then I ended up going with National Business Capital after reading reviews and everything else online. I figured to give them a shot and see if they could do better for me, and they did. They have better terms and rate and they ended up helping me out better than somebody else would've. Paul was very helpful, upfront, and would get things done immediately. As soon as I got him whatever he needed, he took care of what I needed. The process of applying was smooth and it went very well. Working with National Business Capital gave me what I needed at the time. There's a positive aspect to it meaning that I got what I needed as far as financing. I would definitely recommend them. If someone was in a situation I was in and needed some working capital pretty quickly, I would definitely tell them to give National Business Capital a shot. They're very helpful and responsive.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We had some software changes that needed to be done this year that was imposed on us because of changes at customs. So, we had no choice but to upgrade the software, and that is why we sought financing. We got turned down by most and Capital was the only one who lent us the money because the others looked at the individual and the company itself. And as a result, I don't have the best of credit. I suspect that's the reason why they're looking at the individual network despite the fact that the company is doing well and we've been in business for over seven years. Applying with National Business Capital was relatively simple. I just answered a few of their questions relating to the company in terms of the revenue, annual revenue, the average monthly balances on the accounts and stuff like that. They responded relatively quickly and in the space of a few days I was offered the loan.

Everything went smooth as far as customer service interactions, except that there was one fee that he didn't tell me about initially. I found out after I got the numbers. But it's okay, since we spoke and he apologized. Because we got the loan, we're able to go ahead and make the software changes, which is ongoing right now. Without the capital, we would've been struggling to make the payments because we certainly didn't budget for that this year. I would recommend them for sure, because I've had a positive experience.

National Business Capital expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 2009, National Business Capital is a Bohemia, New York-based business financier. It is known for providing loans to small businesses in any industry, in a quick and efficient way. It primarily offers business equipment financing, business lines of credit and small business loans.

• Low credit funding: National Business Capital works with consumers who cannot secure a loan through their banks; in fact, 70 percent of their customers have previously been denied a loan. National Business Capital advertises that it can help business owners with FICO credit scores below 500.

• Brief application process: Interested business owners can apply online to be considered for funding. The application takes just two minutes, and a representative will contact you with a decision in 24 hours or less.

• Helpful online calculators: National Business Capital offers helpful online calculator tools for customers who want to calculate how much of a loan they can afford and how much the loan will cost them over time.

• Flexible loan terms: National Business Capital offers flexible terms, with one to five-year repayment options and ten-year repayment terms for extensive manufacturing equipment financing.

• High approval rate: Even though over 70 percent of their customers have been denied loans through traditional banks, over 90 percent of applications are approved by National Business Capital. That means most people who can’t find a small business loan elsewhere because of their credit can be financed through National Business Capital.

• Best for: small business owners who need business equipment financing, business lines of credit or small business loans.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg

Bohemia
NY
www.nationalbusinesscapital.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business