Call toll free
Call toll free
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Business Capital is an industry leader for business financing. Our experience puts us ahead of the competition. Here at National Business Capital, we are dedicated to our customers and are committed to seeing their success. Our application process is FAST and EASY. No need to shop from lender to lender with approvals in 24 hours or less. From business equipment financing, business line of credit to small business loans, we have a wide variety of financing programs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can service you.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

166 National Business Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I needed to get a loan to upgrade my equipment, fix stuff and make things run better at my business. National Business Capital was recommended by my processor. I just had to show some documentation and proof that I own the business to get the process going and that was about it. Because it’s so far away and I didn’t have a smartphone or a fax machine it took a little bit longer than it should have but it wasn’t bad. I really like the people that I dealt with. They’re all really nice people. With National Business Capital it’s all pretty black and white. They’re pretty straight up, and no hidden anything. They made it simple and easy to understand.

Get expert buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Mark ** provide timely exceptional service. National Business Capital provide even more funding that I was asking for and even recommended other financing options such as equipment leasing. They followed up and were very interested in the success of my business.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Anthony ** was amazing to work with. My company was having cash flow problems, and I was referred to Anthony by a colleague of mine. Within 2 days, I had the funding I needed at rates I could not have gotten without him. I highly recommend National Business Capital and Anthony **!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We wanted to upgrade in our business and National Business Capital was the easiest to work with over other financing providers. I've already had several financing through them and the process of applying for and receiving the financing this time was super easy. I've had really good interactions with their team members and they're efficient as well as do what they’re supposed to do. Having worked with National Business helped me out quite a bit. They’re a decent company to work with. Use them too.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I’m in retail and I had the opportunity to buy another business liquidated. I just didn’t have the funds to do it. I’ve owned this business 100% for three years and everything was financed on my personal credit. I'm trying to move more into something that would give me credit as business credit and report to the business agency. National Business Capital might not have been the best deal that I would’ve walked to the bank and negotiated, but it was the first deal that the business itself cracked on its own.

I did a one-time payout and the process was fairly simple. I got my hands in the numbers of the business every day, so they didn’t ask for anything unusual. The turnaround time was less than seven days and it was great as the deal had an expiration date where I had to come up with funds or I wouldn’t be able to close it. The team all seemed very professional as well and they called me every day to make sure I had everything done until the package was set and sent off. I am happy that I had a resort, like a non-traditional resource where I could do a high-margin deal and not have a lot of discussion about it. It's great to have that flexibility although I don’t recommend anybody going out and just doing it willy-nilly. But sometimes, if there’s enough money in the deal, it’s definitely worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Business Capital?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We got a line of credit financing from National Business Capital for mechanical repairs. I just told them the amount that we were needing, they got our financials and our references, and the processing took about three days. Their reps were straightforward, good people. I mostly talked to them via email and it was smooth and quick. If there was any issue, they got on it right away. Or if I need an update, they responded quickly. National Business Capital helped us to keep going.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We were in a pretty bad bind to get some material in for some jobs that would make us little profit. We sought financing and National Business Capital has a smoother process. I had dealt with them before, so I called in and spoke with them, and we picked up right where we left off. The representative who we dealt with was really helpful. He got everything done for me because a lot of my time is very limited in my job. National Business Capital has helped keep the doors of my business opened for a couple more weeks. They’re a great company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I needed some different product to help my business grow. National Business Capital was the first that I was able to connect with and it rolled from there. I did a business equipment financing and the application process was on the easy side. It wasn’t rocket science or anything too complicated, so it was smooth. I also had no problems at all working with their representatives. Overall, National Business Capital has helped my business a lot and I basically accomplished what I was trying to do. They helped to catapult me in the right direction.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

National Business Capital offered me a good rate. Applying and receiving financing from them went fine. Everything was great.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We’ve done business with National Business a couple of times, so we’re a repeat customer. In the beginning, my wife felt that National Business was the company we needed to deal with. We got a small business loan from them and the application process was pretty simple. There was a few little hiccups in trying to get information that they needed, but everybody seemed to be very professional. My paperwork comes like it’s supposed to, and I also get my reports like I’m supposed to.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We really wanted a credit line and being in the business that we’re in, a credit line was not possible so we went ahead and borrowed 11,000 through National Business Capital. I didn’t need and didn’t want to but I went ahead and did it so we can build a relationship. If I need large lumps of money down the road, I can get it. There are days that I spend 20 to 30 grand at once and sometimes if my jewelry is not selling, I need the loan to cover me until it sells and then when it sells, I can pay it right back.

The rep explained to me that since I’m new and we’re kind of a start-up business and being in the business that we are in, it’s best just to take the starter offer. However, the process of applying for and receiving the financing was a pain in the ** for not a lot of money. The people I was dealing with are not local. We just email, talk on the phone, send the documents over and sign them. Then the fax machine wasn’t working, so they were not getting them. It was a long process getting everything sorted out and talking on the phone. Every time I would send them everything that I needed, it seemed like something was missing. I had to keep resending stuff. It was a hassle.

If we were face to face, we could get it done in 20 minutes but them being out of town from where I am, it just makes everything a little bit more difficult. Other than that everything was fine. They have everything now and I won’t have to go through all that anymore. Also I talked to numerous people and everyone was very nice, upfront and very helpful.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I wanted to get a new freezer for my store because the old freezer was giving me a hard time so I financed with National Business Capital. It's a good company, with good people working for them. I sent them my bank statements and all the information they asked for. They were very cooperative and it was good to deal with them. They would tell me what they need and if I didn’t send that to them, they got back to me again. They were on time all the time. Also if you don’t know some things, they will help. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I wanted to expand my business. I was seeking financing and there was one of the Bank of America persons who had a good work relationship with National Business Capital and he sensed Bank of America didn't do some of the things we needed to do. He referred us to National Business Capital. My experience was a very positive one. There was excellent involvement as far as not having to wonder about who's gonna call me back or things being answered or unanswered. Communications were excellent.

Working with National Business Capital affected my business extremely well. It permits us to expand and grow and to kind of get our hands along what it is we need to do financially with having things balance out, and not having to reach any further, since all the work was done by National Business Capital's rep, Ryan. Communication and feedback from him was timely. So we knew primarily where we were at all times. We didn't have to guess or wait weeks and days. Things were done in a timely fashion.

I would refer others to someone like Ryan. The company is great, but you'd always have that key person that you had nice work relationship with, and Ryan did a wonderful job representing the company. He gives feedback to things that look favorable like "We're right there. We're right here now. We'll have this cleared, but I just need this." He won't leave you hanging and that's crucially important in business. You need someone to help you maneuver and just get there, and he was that person.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I appreciate the streamlined application process. Your staff and business associates were professional and efficient. I was treated with respect and they took the time to understand my business needs. With the new loan I am able to improve my short-term cash flow so my business will continue to grow and expand the services I can offer.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Most incompetent group of people I have ever done business with. Withheld information on my contract until time of payment which would have otherwise changed my mind on continuing with this company, ignorant to requirements and paperwork needs, gave false information including a drastic exaggeration of when the funds would be available costing a week's loss of work for my company, and finally lied about there being no prepayment penalties withholding the fact that there are no prepayment discounts which legally is in fact a prepayment penalty. Highly unprofessional group of people, next to impossible to get on the phone when needed, and once you finally get them on the phone you are told they dont have the requested information because they havent been informed by their "underwriter". Out of all the financial compaines I have ever worked with this one is by far the worst I have ever seen and will never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We have gotten some really big jobs and whenever we need to start that we have to rent big heavy-duty equipment, buy the fuel upfront and hire new people. We financed for our start-up cost through National Business Capital and they were easier to work with and more personable than others. They made the process so good. We weren’t embarrassed and we weren’t ashamed that we needed help. It was a great experience for us. They got us the best rate. They sent the paperwork over right away and followed up. If there's anything lacking, they let you know immediately. You don’t have to wait till the end of the day and then they’ll get you the funding as quick as they can -- if not the same day, the very next day.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Josh of National Business Capital was professional. My application went very well. Josh and I had excellent interactions through the whole process.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Excellent service. John ** was excellent answer all my questions. He was very professional. He kept me informed of everything with the loan and I will be doing business with you in the future when I open up a couple more restaurants but I only want John ** as my rep.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I worked with Joe ** who was AMAZING! I tried a few other companies and they could NOT get the deal done. Joe worked fast and had many more options and made it happen. The deal only took a few days to be completed! I HIGHLY recommend Joe and will use him from now on for all my business funding! He came through like he promised.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The help we received was great. Mr. ** was an amazing person to work with. He made it as painless as possible. I would recommend him to everyone. If needed in the future I would definitely call on him again.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I was upgrading and I needed financing. I talked to three companies at once and National Business Capital seemed to be one of the best ones. Their rate was about the same as the others I talked to, but I followed their service and they didn’t push me. So, I went with them. I held my application until I got the three months bank statements and three months of credit card bank documents. Then I filled out a short form and the rep I worked with did great. He'd done everything he said he’d do and I completed the lending process about a month a half ago. I wouldn’t have the money to do what I needed to do if I haven't got National Business Capital.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I've done business with National Business Capital before and I also got their help when we were building another shop. I was able to get something done that I would have to put off for a while. The lady that I dealt with kept me updated by email with what was going on. Every time we went through another approval, she let us know. She was all with good communication on our behalf. I had a good experience and I would still do business with them.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We sought marketing and some expansion to marketing for our business, and National Business Capital was the only ones that said that they could do a line of credit-type loan. It's not one of those loans where you put the money in and then they take it out every day. And it can be anywhere from 20% to 40% interest on a fixed-year line of credit. For the application, they had my stuff from before when they were trying to push one of their other loans on me. So, all I had to do was provide some more current bank statements and they got the loan done. Then they take the payment money out twice a month. I haven't had the financing money that long and it's a difficult time right now because I've got family in town who are doing a vacation and I still got the marketing guys out. So, we're still trying to grow the business using that capital and National Business Capital is better than the other companies.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was looking to expand on some of my ventures that I wanted to do and I was referred to National Business Capital by an individual. Initially, I thought it was gonna be a line of credit but I like the fact that it’s not forced on my credit. I was able to negotiate the pre-payment's penalty because I didn’t want it to be such a long loan and they were able to work with me. The stiff work were comparable and so I decided to just try it out. The application process was painless. They answered my stipulations, just my bank statements and tax records, and the process was good. I didn’t realize some of the back fees so the loan was $25,000 and it was $5,000 in service cost. I wish I had known that upfront.

Carrie was the person that I worked with directly and our interaction was professional. She was diligently in trying to work through the different concerns that I was having. She worked to the best of her ability in trying to work that loan to get me some money. She laid it out and said, “You might have a finance fee” but I didn’t realize it was gonna be that great of amount. It was steep. Nonetheless, the money I got came in handy and hopefully I’d be able to turn that money around quickly and be able to pay National Business Capital back. It gave me a little extra cushion so I can partake in growing my business a bit. They told me they’d offer me more money once I finish my 2017 taxes. However, my attorney is having some health issues and I had to get an extension and so it’s been a drag, a long thing, to finish up my taxes. I’ll see how it goes.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I would highly recommend the company to my friends. National Business Capital work with me through the loan until I was funded... My agent John ** worked very hard trying to get me approved. He answered all my questions about the loan, also I called him at least five times a day...

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was getting some equipment for resale, and I had to advance the payments of my vehicles to get them paid off before the time, so I can make more profit. National Business Capital spoke to me in a way that I could understand better. And they requested information from me, and they made it very clear where the information goes and everything they will be doing with the information. I felt comfortable and they treated me like family. The reps were respectable and they made sure that I understood all the process. I got the small business loan for $12,000, and I do the payments daily. Working with National Business Capital has been a blessing. It put me in a better spot financially. It has given me some advantage now with the cash flow because I still have a little cash from that loan just to back up any emergency that I need to replace an equipment. I've recommended National Business Capital to other small business people.

Original review: June 8, 2018

One of my doctors utilized National Business Capital before and they were referred by her to us. I called in and they were nice. They called me back, we did a lot of paperwork and they approved us on what they thought what we needed, which was a good thing. It was good working with Josh, their agent. He was very informative and thorough. He would return my calls all the time and if I had any questions, he would answer them. We’ve gotten most of the construction done and just got a little bit more to do.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We’re a seasonal business and we usually have capital needs throughout the year. We have dealt with multiple providers and National Business Capital seems to be one of the easier to work with. There’s usually somebody like Nick there. He and I either text or email, and I can do it on the fly. I might not be in my office for three days so I call him. It‘s something I can do with him quick and easy. We used to have some real highs and lows in terms of capital level and National Business Capital has helped me maintain a consistent level which was really important.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I sought financing because I wanted to purchase some equipment, but after that I decided that I was gonna hire some new people. National Business Capital was recommended to me and the process was really easy to go through. The rep was always helping me out with whatever I was missing and he gave me really good guidance. I didn’t have any problems at all understanding what he was saying. The only thing that I wasn’t made aware of was the interest on it. Working with them has helped me a lot and and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

NBC was very professional and timely. My company is in an industry which is very hard to obtain financing, and it was never once a problem from Michael. Within a week of our first communication with each other, he was able to secure most of the financing I was seeking. I will be using them again should my business demand more financing in the future.

National Business Capital expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 2009, National Business Capital is a Bohemia, New York-based business financier. It is known for providing loans to small businesses in any industry, in a quick and efficient way. It primarily offers business equipment financing, business lines of credit and small business loans.

• Low credit funding: National Business Capital works with consumers who cannot secure a loan through their banks; in fact, 70 percent of their customers have previously been denied a loan. National Business Capital advertises that it can help business owners with FICO credit scores below 500.

• Brief application process: Interested business owners can apply online to be considered for funding. The application takes just two minutes, and a representative will contact you with a decision in 24 hours or less.

• Helpful online calculators: National Business Capital offers helpful online calculator tools for customers who want to calculate how much of a loan they can afford and how much the loan will cost them over time.

• Flexible loan terms: National Business Capital offers flexible terms, with one to five-year repayment options and ten-year repayment terms for extensive manufacturing equipment financing.

• High approval rate: Even though over 70 percent of their customers have been denied loans through traditional banks, over 90 percent of applications are approved by National Business Capital. That means most people who can’t find a small business loan elsewhere because of their credit can be financed through National Business Capital.

• Best for: small business owners who need business equipment financing, business lines of credit or small business loans.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg