Looking for a business loan provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.00/5

Kabbage Reviews

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have a great experience with Kabbage easy approval process. I've been with um almost a year and have had nothing but excellent luck with these guys. I would strongly recommend um to any small business owner who is looking for a short term loan. Excellent company to work with.

Steve

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Kabbage was referred to us by our fleet card services. Got approved in no time but the interest rate was ridiculous. I told the account manager that I would be interested in using this in the future if we ever needed it with the agreement that we could work on the interest rate. The account manager reached out to me a couple times to work on "adding" business ties to drop the rate but always reached out at inconvenient times for me to provide the info. I received an email wanting to know if I would still be interested in using the funds available. I replied and said yes as long as we can still get the interest rates down.

Here is his response. "Hey Chris, I told you multiple times how to get the interest rates down when you first applied with us, I called and called, left multiple voicemails and emails, and was unable to reach you unfortunately to login and get everything fixed up. There is not much I can do now. In order to get lower interest rates from us, you must reconnect your bank, connect your other checking account with ** Bank ending in **, verify both channels, and take an initial draw so we can re-evaluate your business." I can say in my opinion that is not how you earn someone's business.

Get expert buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

What a nightmare Kabbage was! We planned to use them for a loan to purchase material on Alibaba using a Kabbage offering called Pay Late. We buy tens of thousands of products from overseas for our business. We asked Kabbage if we could pay off the loan using an American Express Corporate card from our business. We were told by several people this was 100% okay, there are no transaction fees or other fees. Only that we'd have to pay the 1st month interest. Sure, no problem. We verified this 3 times,....twice with Detric and once with Matthew. It was a nightmare to attach bank accounts, didn't work well, had to be sent to tech support. YES, shockingly, they want you to directly link your corporate bank accounts to their system so they can access your banking information. SCARY!

We were very hesitant, but decided to give them a try. Their system didn't work because it didn't like that our checking account was a money market checking, they wanted a regular business checking account. Really? It's simply a checking account that pays interest. So we had to transfer money around to appease them. It was a mess!!

We got all setup 2-3 days later, literally took that long for them to get it together. Then we started to make our purchase and decided it would be smart to give them one last call to be sure everything was correct, since it had been a nightmare to that point. And we were told, "No way, we absolutely won't accept an AmEx or any credit card to payoff the loan!!" Ugh, what a HUGE WASTE OF TIME AND MAJOR FRUSTRATION!! This was the whole point and we had been totally honest and upfront about our intentions. We closed the account, unlinked our bank accounts and changed all our passwords. NIGHTMARE - BEWARE!!!

Original review: July 7, 2019

At first we had a positive experience with Kabbage. The review process was straightforward and quick. However, after borrowing and paying off regularly and on-time for a little under a year, the monthly payments became absolutely ridiculous. Our balance never went over $72K, but our minimum monthly payments went from a doable $3K/mo. to $9K/mo. then to $17K/mo. and now is at $24K/mo. because we could not pay the full $17K on time. What's worse, is that they can fully access our bank accounts at will and without warning. We have had them withdraw $11K automatically at one time and withdrawing another $3K from our other bank simultaneously, both of which bounced.

We could not do a thing about it. They are relentless, railroading the automatic payments every few days until they go through. We've tried to negotiate with them, but they are unbending when it comes to the minimum monthly payments. They will only give you a maximum of 7 days to come up with the full amount. We tried to get a consolidation loan to pay them off, and because of the bounced payments, we were denied. So now we are stuck with them and it's ruining our credit. DO NOT GO WITH KABBAGE!!!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I’ll start by saying that after the run-around we received from Kabbage, our bank gave us a decent line-of-credit for 4x what we we asking for with reasonable interest rates, which we simply need for peace-of-mind as well as potential future growth of our 10-year-old small business. Why we hadn’t gone to our bank first, was because my business partner was on maternity leave, which caused a cash flow issue for which we thought Kabbage might provide some instant gap funding until our processes were running normally again. Wrong!

Well here’s what happened... When I first applied to Kabbage, they asked for everything, including our company and personal tax returns, over the course of 2 weeks. Upon “approving” us for a minimal loan amount, and then “approving” us for our card, we let this sit for a few weeks until we thought we actually needed the funding. That last payroll before my business partner got back from maternity leave was tight, so when we finally tried to draw funds from Kabbage, they had put a hold on the account, and instead requested that we submit even MORE financial information to get approved again...!

So much for being “approved” and going through weeks of back and forth! All in all, their lack of urgency, clarity on their terms, and lack of reliability was unprofessional and felt scammy. We are thankful that we made that payroll after all, with business booming once again, and with an excellent line-of-credit from our own bank. We dodged a bullet not going with Kabbage!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kabbage?

Original review: May 27, 2019

I took out a $10,400 loan on a 12 month payment schedule on 3/25/2019. Kabbage gives you a supposed payment that list your principal and interest which is extremely high interest ($702 mo. interest), by the way. My particular payment schedule listed my payments as beginning on the 4/28/2019 and ending on 3/28/2020. It also showed the principal and interest amount being paid on the 28th payment date. I needed the money, however, and I knew that I could pay it back in 1-2 months vs the year they were giving me. I figured I would only have to pay 1-2 months of this loan shark rate. But, lo and behold, when I went to pay off the loan on my second payment after already having made one $1567 payment the 1st month which supposedly included $866 principal payment, I find that my $10,400 principal is now $10,937!!!

I called to get an explanation of this and find out that Kabbage deceptively applies the interest schedule on the day the loan is initiated vs the payment and interest layout presented on your account. So while they lead you to believe that your P&I is as they have it presented on your account, their applying interest on a totally schedule not explained so I literally had to pay 3 months interest ($2100) for the 2 month period. They claim not to charge initiation or early payoff but it's all factored into their rates. This is a bonafide loan shark company with heavy front loaded interest rates on their loans. I'll never use them again and will advise everyone I know about this unethical company. Mike.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I find it a little stressful to give a company full access to my banking info. Seems like they can use it to solicit other companies. I don't feel secure with their process. Its been over 6 hrs and no response from Kabbage. The commercial said 5 Minutes. I sent all info in and even emailed the support@kabbage.com email and no response. Hopefully on Monday I'll receive a response. Not at all impressed.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Dealing with Kabbage was quick but quite in depth. I don't mind that it only took 2 hours to be approved. Their website was extremely easy to use. It was not cluttered and had all the information and contact terms listed on the first page. Login was also very easy to figure out. Their guys were very knowledgeable, had plenty of information for me, and gave me all of the guidelines that I needed to know. They were able to credit my account immediately. They have the best terms and rates that I have ever received when applying for a loan. There was no hassle, I wasn't hurried into any decisions. I will probably pay this off in half of the time that it is required. I have been referred to them by 4 people who I know and will refer them myself.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

Kabbage is on the cutting edge of something in this industry that is very refreshing. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a loan. The application process is very easy to get through and I am thrilled that I do not have to fuss with something complicated. I know what to look forward to in the future. The rates and terms are very easy to understand and I have no issues following them. I would be able to explain to anyone I could that needed help. The online tools are very easy to use and they provide additional assistance to people who are becoming self sufficient. Yay Guys way to go.

Original review: June 9, 2016

They have various terms and issues you can choose as well as high quality customer service that will nicely help you choose what option is best for you at that time for your business. A very easy and simple process that only takes a matter of time. They know what is the best options and know a lot of stuff about their business. They have guidelines that instill to make you follow for your safety and it for privacy reasons. They are smart and take the necessary steps to keep their business flowing. They have a great online customer service that makes it easy for the customer to choose options and not have to make a call and deal with any hassle.

Kabbage expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Kabbage is a non-traditional small business lender that provides cash strapped businesses a line of credit. Kabbage uses a variety of data sources used by the borrowers’ business to quickly deliver funding.

• Products: Line of credit available for any type of business and working capital activity. Uses for Kabbage include inventory, equipment, staffing and website funding. Kabbage also offers an app to access borrowed funds.

• Interest rates and fees: Calculated regularly based on the total amount borrowed, fees range from 1.5 percent to 12 percent on the selected loan amount. The maximum monthly interest rate is 12 percent. Loan terms are either 6 or 12 months, and no initial application fees are required.

• Service: Rapid online signup. Borrower may link any type of business checking, PayPal, Amazon, Save, eBay, xero stripe, etsy square and more accounts. Funds can be deposited into most types of online business platforms.

• Borrower qualifications: Real time business data determines the borrower’s qualifications. No paperwork or credit score is required. Businesses must be in operation at least one year with $50,000 or more in annual revenue.

• Fast approval process: After linking accounts, the response is quick.

• Loan limits: Lines of credit are available from $2,000 to $100,000.

• Repayment options: Loans are for either six or 12 months with monthly repayment terms.

• Best for: Small and local businesses with ongoing needs for capital that meet the borrower qualifications.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg