Jacksonville, FL

3.8/5 (121 ratings)

About NationWide Parts Distributors

NationWide Parts Distributors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NationWide Parts Distributors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NationWide Parts Distributors?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

You will NOT be happy with this choice. If your ECM/PCM/whatever it is, is ANY good at all, you better think hard before sending it to this company. I sent one with a small problem and because I wouldn’t buy in to the ("Yours is not repairable but we have one that is for $540") scam, I received a different board back that was totally ruined. Surely, someone in the legal system will get hooked by these guys before long, that can stop them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have a ‘99 Ford F250 that needed the ECM replaced. After the ford service dealer couldn’t find the part, I went online and found Adam who runs this place. Paid $1800 for a newly “rebuilt” one, paid ford to install it and went on my merry way...until the same symptoms cropped up again after only a couple of weeks. Limped along trying to put up with the way the truck ran until it didn’t. Had ford run tests on it again and again. It was the ECM failure. Contacted Adam again and paid him another $500 to test and replace. Well, it was obvious that what he sent was not tested as it only lasted another couple of weeks before reverting back to the way it ran before.

I guess what bugs me the most, is Adam’s attitude in that he knows he is the only game in the country and can cheat and scam people as long as he can stay in business (which I only wish the worst for him). So so sorry that I placed my trust in this person and business. Please be aware that this is not the place you want to support.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I contacted module experts aka Nationwide parts distributors about the GEM module in my Ford Explorer. I sent it in to be repaired and just like the every one else I’ve read about now I was told it could not be repaired and that I would need a new one. I went ahead and purchased a reman from them which does not work. I was taken for $420.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I like many others on here have been ripped off by these so called experts. I dealt with a man named Adam, I sent him my module for repair, he replied back through email stating that the main processor was out and that the whole module was not repairable. He offered me a remanufactured module with a lifetime warranty for $599. This so called remanufactured module started having issues in less than 300 miles. I sent it back and was told it had issues and needed replaced. I asked for details on the issues and Adam became very unfriendly and would not provide any answers. I am now waiting on a replacement module, I do not expect a module that will last, that is if I receive one at all.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Adam and I am guessing his wife run this scam out of some low life area in Jacksonville to pull the bait and hook scam. Take your money $ 250.00 up front and have you send your ECM and then you do a follow up to see where everything is at... And this guy just gets rude and eventually hangs up on you. So you do the obvious and call back only to have, "I am sure his wife sitting there screening the call," and putting you through to some made up directory. Pretty sure I got this all correct. Hey Adam!! Bottom line stay clear of this low life Adam and his wife... bottom feeders!!! They never have the intent on fixing anything. Shocking the state hasn't shut this scam down!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Sent my ECU to Module experts. Was charged $257.08, $99.95 for Evaluation and 122.38 for repair. My module was returned and still not working. I called Chris with Module Experts for him to explain that it needed an additional board that would cost $450.00. I sent it back to them to be repaired. Called Chris a week later. He explained that My ECU was toast and there was nothing they could do and I would receive a refund of the $450.00 and $122.38.

The following week I received my junk ECU back and a couple of days later I called Chris to see about the status of my refund. He had no idea why I have not received it yet and had no idea what to do about it. The following day to avoid interest charges I disputed the charge on my credit card. Soon after I received a refund for $450.00 and am still waiting on the $122.38. I am not sure if they are running a scam or not as some of these reviews state but it sure is difficult to get them to do what they said they would do. It has been two months and I am still waiting.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Buyers beware, this company is running a scam. I had a defective Bcm, when looking for a place to repair it, I stumble on their website: www.moduleexperts.com. I called, and talked a guy named Andy **. He told me to send the unit for a repair, it's $169 for the repair. I said, "Ok, send me the address." He said, "Before I send you the address, you have to pay first with a credit card." This should have been my first red flag. They were only interested with the money. I paid, and sent the unit.

Few days later, I call Andy, he said the unit is not repairable. I said, "Then issue a refund." He said, "There is a $89 diagnostic fee," and other charges he made up. He never talk about those fees in the beginning. So he didn't do anything with the unit, but he want to keep most of my money. Their customer service is horrible, they are very rude, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD. They stop answering my email, I still haven't got a refund. I'm about to file a DISPUTE with my bank. That's the best way to go with them. File a chargeback, they are scammers.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

AVOID MODULE EXPERTS!!! Disclaimer - this is strictly my opinion. Experts and professionals can fix things, you won’t find either at Module Experts. They bait you in with ridiculously low prices to repair your vehicle's module, only to tell you 3 plus days later that your module has a processing issue!! Really!! How convenient!! Looks like everyone that’s written a review had the same problem!! Ya right!! Why would any company fix your module for a couple hundred dollars, go through all the hassle to do so, when they can sell you one of their junkyard modules for several hundred dollars more that require minutes to program.

It just doesn’t make good business sense. Module Experts supplied me another module for my customer's Kia at a cost of $900 total!! Too bad, it was no good. Credit Card dispute to the rescue!! Run from this company, don’t make the mistake I did, not looking at their reviews first. It’s true, they are horrible from their customer service to support to product.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Discussed repairing a blown pcm, they assured us they were familiar with our detailed problem and that they could repair the module. We paid, shipped and received it unrepaired. Sent it again only to be told it wasn't repairable and they missed it. Offered a refund which we never saw. Now they're not returning calls. In my opinion they are totally fraudulent and we are exploring legal action.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I sent off my computer for them to fix. Instead they break it more and tell me there is nothing they can do. They clearly hung up on me and when I called back Andy told me to stop calling and this is why they are not doing nothing to help me. Then I spoke to the manager which he was very rude and told me to ** off. I then thought I was talking to gang members not an actual business. They would not reimburse me or do nothing to help. They sent my computer back with a lot more problems.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I used Module Experts to repair an ECM for my mother's car. Totally satisfied with the customer service, they answered all my questions and their prices. Total repair time, including shipping to and from, was just over a week. Totally satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Lifetime warranty should be more than 176 miles! Sent 2 ecm for repair, checkup and reseal. Both malfunctioned. Three phone calls to get them to finally have me send them back. They tell me that they can’t reseal because “it takes special sealant that we don’t have” from their technician, Roy. They tell me mine are not repairable. I ask about my lifetime warranty? Tell me they are unrepairable but can sell me another for over $600. I ask why they didn’t tell me unrepairable before charging me? Offered me a refund. Sent me less than half of the $400 I spent. Called it bench test fee. I’m probably lucky I got back what I did. I am an ASE Master Technician. I would never use them again. They probably fix some but I would not gamble my time and money with them!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

These guys are the consummate of unprofessional. They will say they made "repairs" to your module and rob you of your hard earned money. Don't be foolish like I was... Take your business somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Sent the E.C.M. to them to repair at a cost of $18.00 shipping and a charge of $218.00. Then 5 days later I call them to find out when it would ship out? That is when they told me it could not be repaired. BUT they could sell me a new one for $353.00 more. I asked to have it returned to me. They then told me they would return my money with a service charge and other fees that totaled $122.00. That is a crock. In other words we have your money now pay us more or suck it up. I have a auto repair shop and spend $3,000.00 a week in parts. NEVER AGAIN WILL DO BUSINESS WITH NationWide Parts Distributors.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I phoned Module Experts on July 12, 2017 to inquire about a repair of an engine control module. They quoted a price of $190.40 to remanufacture the unit with a lifetime warranty. I sent the unit to them along with the list of failure symptoms. They returned the unit in about a week with a report that they replaced an unspecified qty. of electrolytic capacitors and tested the unit. I became suspicious when there was no evidence of repair or remanufacture and there was a skull and crossbones warning of all of the things that could void the warranty. The ECM did not work. The same symptoms existed.

I called Module Experts to file a warranty claim and they did not want to talk about it. They told me to return the unit and they would look at it. They said it was probably obsolete and would have to be replaced with another unit--at a cost of $400. But, they would credit with a portion of what I already spent. At this point I was convinced that this was a big SCAM, so I asked directly, "Do you plan to honor your warranty?" to which he replied, "It's not a warranty issue." I was not about to continue this charade to the tune of $500-$600 plus shipping plus my ECM. So I broke it off and purchased an overhauled ECM from a reputable auto parts house for less that $100. It works fine. My lesson from this experience is do your homework and research before committing and don't be overwhelmed by pretty websites and fast talkers.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I was so foolish and never did any research on these people! They are plenty dishonest and not professional at all! I agreed to send them my Mercedes Benz ECU computer module and they said after a couple days that it was not repairable. At first I was told that in case they could not repair they would clone it guaranteed. Well, after a week, without any luck and feeling I was being cheated I asked them to send the unit back to me and they said they would send it by the post office and never they not honor my FedEx payment. Now they sent it and the item never got to me. This below is the message on the USPS site:

"Tracking Number: ** in-transit. Scheduled Delivery Day: Friday, November 25, 2016, 3:00 pm. Product & Tracking Information Priority Mail Express 2-Day. Features: Insured (they only used the 100 bucks express mail regular insurance. November 23, 2016, 9:41 pm Departed USPS Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203. "Your item departed our USPS facility in JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203 on November 23, 2016 at 9:41 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. November 23, 2016, 7:00 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203. November 23, 2016, 6:48 pm Acceptance JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203."

And now I do not have the unit and will need to buy a new one and reprogram totally which I do not even know how much it will be or if it is even possible. I think I will never get this item back. These people are dishonest. Please stay away from them.

Original review: March 18, 2016

Sent in a PCM module for repair and to be programmed. They sent back my original one that wasn't even touched and they said it was a shipping mistake. Talked to Mark in Sales. Very rude, unprofessional. Never returned any of my calls. I had to reship it back to them for the second time at my expense, and Mark told me the module was no good and cannot be programmed, and they returned my original one and still charged me $520. And I called them back and Mark said he would have his manager call me which he hasn't to date. Has been over a month. They are a complete rip-off (DO NOT) not I repeat (DO NOT) use this company. Look at all the reviews on this company. They are horrifying. Wait till you see the lie they use in response to this. Please Yelp them and Google them, and you will see they are no good!!! This is just the beginning Mark!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

DO NOT USE National Parts Wholesalers/AES. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They will not return calls. When they do talk to you on the phone they will say anything to get you off the phone (I was told it was being shipped "tomorrow" on two different occasions). We have been waiting since Jan. 30, 2015 for our module and have nothing to show for it except for: $85 nonrefundable fee, $19 shipping, and a lost customer (he has 2 vehicles). Daryl, the person "in charge" wouldn't even promise a speedy return of the original module. BE WARNED - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 14, 2014

Terrible Experience. I ordered (and paid for) a PCM on 6/24/14 and was told it would ship in 3 days. As of 7/7/14 I had still not received the part. They will not return phone calls. I had to continually call them only to hear excuses as to why my part had not shipped. I requested a refund on 7/7/14 and was told it would take 48 hours to credit back to my card. Received a credit on 7/14/14 that was $89.25 short. Stay away from this company!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2012

My rating for this company on a scale of one to ten is zero. I reserve zero for a company that deliberately takes advantage of customers, distorts and withholds information, fails to respond, has a worthless warranty, and in this case swap customer parts on a rebuild. When I called and ordered the part, they requested full information and they were told my car was running on five of six cylinders. I explained how I had traced the problem to the ECM. They told me it would be an easy repair, it would only take one day to repair and the part should be returned to me in about a week after they received it. I placed the order.

When I shipped the part, I put my assigned order number, my name, and my phone number on the top and bottom of the part using a permanent marker. I shipped it and got a tracking number. After confirming the part arrived, I waited several days before I called. I had to call and email several times before getting any response about the long delay for the repair. The only way I got a response was to go through the purchase option on the phone. They said they had to order parts and that is why it took so long. When I got the part, it came with a skull and cross bones picture on a brochure, the brochure stating the warranty would be void if the ECM was not installed with all associated parts working properly and in a manner consistent with professional methods. I followed the instructions they gave. All my other parts had been verified as functional and the installation is very simple.

The car would not start. I had no spark on any cylinder. I called them and explained the situation. I told them the part I received did not have the identification that I had put on it with the permanent marking pin. They said it had at least the marking on the bottom. They said they would look into it. I reminded them that the car ran before they "repaired" it and they asked me to read the codes and return the ECM. I suspected this was not my part and put new labels on this part to see what would happen. I also marked the warranty sealing tape that prevented me from opening the part to see what they had done. I returned the ECM to them. I did not hear from them for about two weeks and I called for status. It took several attempts to get through and finally I went through the purchase path to talk with someone.

Now they tell me the part is not repairable and I should have replaced all of the six coil-on-plug (COP) parts due to a recall. The warranty was void. After a long conversation where I explained again how my car ran before I had them "repair" the ECM and that all of my ECM had been verified and working, this got me nowhere. They said my part was not repairable due to my not replacing the COPs. There was no statement by them or in the brochure they sent me that the COPs had to be replaced. The COPs cost $125 each and there are six of them. I asked them to return my ECM. When I got the ECM, the warranty tape had not been removed. I opened the ECM and found the module physically broken and some poor workmanship on some other modules. I took pictures because I needed to use the part for a core at the local auto parts store. I ordered a rebuilt part at the local parts store and had to have it reprogrammed at the local Ford dealer.

The dealer reported the car would try to start but would not start. The ECM was now working; however, the ECM, after repairs from Searchparts, had blown four COPs. I had to replace four COPs and now the car is running on all six cylinders. I am contacting the FBI, BBB and the Florida police in this matter. I think these guys are guilty of more than just bad business.

Original review: May 25, 2012

I’ve sent them a BCM. They soldered some connections supposedly, charged $236.00, and the car still won’t start. We sent it back again (another $15.00 to ship). Now, the unit is not repairable. They should have known that from the start. There’s no customer call back. Now, it’s time to call the BBB. Do your homework. There are numerous complaints about this company.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2011

I shipped them a computer for my vehicle, to be tested and fixed (if needed). They said it tested functional but, they did an update anyway and what they call "re-flowed the solder connections"? Nice wording. Makes it sound like they actually did something. They did not! And the car still does not run.

I paid them $183.57. Of that amount $85.00 was for testing and $89.00 to rebuild the unit only (If needed). I cannot get them to refund my money, they just simply don't want to.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2011

They never supplied me with the VIN number for the engine I ordered. They refused to cancel my order and even continued with the shipping of the engine. Once I refused the motor from the shipping carrier searchparts.com (also known as National Parts) they charged me an outrageous price for shipping to return it. So of the $1500 they took from me, they only refunded $740 of it. Pretty crazy, if you ask me.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2011

I was misled by sales rep. Specifically, I asked if the part I was buying was one which had simply been "cut-out" of a donor vehicle, because that's not what I wanted, (can do that myself for much less money). But that's exactly what I was sent. So, I returned it, saying that this was not what had been discussed. It cost me $340.00 in return shipping costs. I'm not sure where these shipping charges are being generated from, but I would like that investigated. The sales rep said I would receive a call from a freight company when they were getting close to my shipping address. I did receive two calls, both from a junk yard in Leominster, Massachusetts, a mere 55 miles from my shipping address. It seems to me there was never a shipping company involved. I think they found this close-by junkyard and had them send it to me. This is true. The junkyard themselves delivered the transmission to me.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2010

We take great care with every customer we serve and have an "A" rating with the BBB. In fact Troy filed a complaint with the BBB. The BBB agreed that we did everything possible to help him.Troy purchased a used long block assembly from us with a mileage stipulation of under 150,000 miles. It was clearly printed on his receipt, which was emailed to him less than 30 seconds after payment was received. The order is also recorded in our digitally recorded order verification system in Troy's own voice.

The strapping down of the long block is how all suppliers ship their parts. They strap them down on a pallet and shrink wrap them. This is a secure form of shipment. Troy called and advised us of damage to the long block. He was notified the damaged components are not part of the long block assembly (which was what he purchased), and he would need to swap those over from his old engine. Even though those parts are not covered, we generously mailed Mr. ** a throttle body at our cost. We promise a one hour callback on customer service issues and have detailed pages of time stamped and dated notes where we have spoken with Troy.

At this point, we assumed the long block was installed and running. We never heard from Troy until a week or so later, after he dismantled the engine. This is a clear violation of the terms and conditions of the warranty. Troy had these documents within 30 seconds of completing the sale with us. Specifically, we will not warranty any repairs that we did not approve ahead of time. Second, we will not warranty a dismantled part. Had he filed a warranty claim regarding a defective long block assembly, which he didn't, we would have replaced the assembly. Instead he had his mechanic dismantle it without our knowledge or approval.

There is nothing unusual about these warranty requirements. Ask your dealer if they will cover repairs on parts that they did not approve of in advance. Also ask your dealer if they will warranty a part that you dismantled. We have no idea who the second complainant is, so it is difficult to answer his charges. Let try to answer this way. You cannot maintain an "A" rating with the BBB if you do not take care of your customers. We read the terms and conditions to every customer before they pay for their merchandise. They have to say that they agree or we will not sell our service to them. We disclose everything up front so that everyone involved know what is expected from each party. This is all recorded on our order verification system. This includes the warranty stipulation that all installation instruction must be followed. These instructions are taken directly from the AES Automotive Technician certification program. We do this to protect our customers and ourselves from mechanics that do not know what they are doing. Improper installation will cause a failure.\

Original review: July 27, 2010

On 6/15/10 I called Searchparts and talked to Shawn **. I asked if he had a 1993 V6 Chevy Pu truck engine; he said yes for $627, 6 month warranty with less than 130,000 miles. I gave him my master card number and he said I would receive the engine in 3-5 days and it would come out of Washington.

The next time I talked to him the motor had less than 140,000 miles. When I asked for a speedometer reading, he sent an e-mail saying 147,000 miles. After a week, I called and he was always out to lunch or off for the day.

I called the freight company and they said it was in Fresno Ca and had been delayed because of a spill. When it finally arrived at Cooper Weller machine shop I was not there to receive it, the shop unloaded it. I was called to come and get it. When I arrived, I was shocked to see how this engine was packaged, It was thrown on a pallet wrapped with shrink wrap and 2 metal bands around the throttle body; I could tell it had been turned upside down, spark plugs were broken, dip stick bent, and throttle body was smashed, I called the freight company and they told me to call Searchparts and they would take care of everything to get a claim filed or have it shipped back. I called Searchparts several time before I got Shawn. He said it was up to me to get all the paper work and everything to make a claim. I called the freight company and they said they told the shipper the motor was improperly packaged but they said to take it anyway, so they typed on the bill of lading that they would not take any liability.

I called Shawn and he was out, and I was passed of the TJ **. I told him that the throttle body was damaged and also that it was not the same as mine and would not work on a Ca car. When I bought this motor, I told Shawn specifically that this motor had to have a working throttle body for a Ca car. So TJ told me to take pictures and send them to me and I did that the next day. After several days, I called to find out what was going on; I had already sent several E-mails and got no reply.. As usual, TJ was out.The next day I got an e-mail that said to relax, they were working on it; they didn't want to press too hard.

After another week, I sent an e-mail telling them I was going to buy my own throttle body and back charge them for it. I got an e-mail response the next day saying the throttle body was on the was.

When I lifted the motor it tipped over on one side and fluid poured out of it. I thought I better do a compression check on this motor (at this point I really didn't trust these guys). The first cylinder I checked had 5 pound of compression, so I pulled the head; it had a blown head gasket and fluids in the cylinders. The walls of the cylinder were scored. They would have to be bored to clean them up, meaning a new set of piston. Basically the block was junk.

Before I pulled the heads, I talked to TJ and he said I could return the engine and if it was good I would have to pay freight and a restocking charge. If it was bad, they would give me a refund. I figured if they had the motor they would never admit it was junk so I was stuck. I sent the heads out to the machine shop, it had a bent valve.

I called TJ and told him he said the warranty was void because I took the heads off. Now I know I'm **. I called the machine shop and told them to do valve job on the heads. I needed to get my truck running even if I had to use my own block. I started checking casting numbers. The block casting numbers were okay but the head casting numbers told me the heads were from a 1992 engine, so now I'm really ticked off. They promised me this engine came out of a running vehicle and had been tested. That, my friend was a lie.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2009

Beware. This company will find you the lowest price on parts but they don't work. They tell you one thing when you're ordering from them. They then twisted the words and record your order, after they have your money. They ship the part, in my case a transmission, and I had to pay $700 to have it installed to find it was a bad transmission. I now have to pay $250 to remove it in order to have them give me a refund or send a replacement which may or may not work. If I choose a replacement, I have to pay $450 to have it installed, just to see if this one works. They insist on an ASE certified mechanic to put it in but will accept no responsibility for the bad part or any of the installation cost involved in finding out if it works or not.

NationWide Parts Distributors Company Information