Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Jacksonville, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

NationWide Parts Distributors Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I used Module Experts to repair an ECM for my mother's car. Totally satisfied with the customer service, they answered all my questions and their prices. Total repair time, including shipping to and from, was just over a week. Totally satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Lifetime warranty should be more than 176 miles! Sent 2 ecm for repair, checkup and reseal. Both malfunctioned. Three phone calls to get them to finally have me send them back. They tell me that they can’t reseal because “it takes special sealant that we don’t have” from their technician, Roy. They tell me mine are not repairable. I ask about my lifetime warranty? Tell me they are unrepairable but can sell me another for over $600. I ask why they didn’t tell me unrepairable before charging me? Offered me a refund. Sent me less than half of the $400 I spent. Called it bench test fee. I’m probably lucky I got back what I did. I am an ASE Master Technician. I would never use them again. They probably fix some but I would not gamble my time and money with them!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

These guys are the consummate of unprofessional. They will say they made "repairs" to your module and rob you of your hard earned money. Don't be foolish like I was... Take your business somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Sent the E.C.M. to them to repair at a cost of $18.00 shipping and a charge of $218.00. Then 5 days later I call them to find out when it would ship out? That is when they told me it could not be repaired. BUT they could sell me a new one for $353.00 more. I asked to have it returned to me. They then told me they would return my money with a service charge and other fees that totaled $122.00. That is a crock. In other words we have your money now pay us more or suck it up. I have a auto repair shop and spend $3,000.00 a week in parts. NEVER AGAIN WILL DO BUSINESS WITH NationWide Parts Distributors.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I phoned Module Experts on July 12, 2017 to inquire about a repair of an engine control module. They quoted a price of $190.40 to remanufacture the unit with a lifetime warranty. I sent the unit to them along with the list of failure symptoms. They returned the unit in about a week with a report that they replaced an unspecified qty. of electrolytic capacitors and tested the unit. I became suspicious when there was no evidence of repair or remanufacture and there was a skull and crossbones warning of all of the things that could void the warranty. The ECM did not work. The same symptoms existed.

I called Module Experts to file a warranty claim and they did not want to talk about it. They told me to return the unit and they would look at it. They said it was probably obsolete and would have to be replaced with another unit--at a cost of $400. But, they would credit with a portion of what I already spent. At this point I was convinced that this was a big SCAM, so I asked directly, "Do you plan to honor your warranty?" to which he replied, "It's not a warranty issue." I was not about to continue this charade to the tune of $500-$600 plus shipping plus my ECM. So I broke it off and purchased an overhauled ECM from a reputable auto parts house for less that $100. It works fine. My lesson from this experience is do your homework and research before committing and don't be overwhelmed by pretty websites and fast talkers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NationWide Parts Distributors?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I was so foolish and never did any research on these people! They are plenty dishonest and not professional at all! I agreed to send them my Mercedes Benz ECU computer module and they said after a couple days that it was not repairable. At first I was told that in case they could not repair they would clone it guaranteed. Well, after a week, without any luck and feeling I was being cheated I asked them to send the unit back to me and they said they would send it by the post office and never they not honor my FedEx payment. Now they sent it and the item never got to me. This below is the message on the USPS site:

"Tracking Number: ** in-transit. Scheduled Delivery Day: Friday, November 25, 2016, 3:00 pm. Product & Tracking Information Priority Mail Express 2-Day. Features: Insured (they only used the 100 bucks express mail regular insurance. November 23, 2016, 9:41 pm Departed USPS Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203. "Your item departed our USPS facility in JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203 on November 23, 2016 at 9:41 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. November 23, 2016, 7:00 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203. November 23, 2016, 6:48 pm Acceptance JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203."

And now I do not have the unit and will need to buy a new one and reprogram totally which I do not even know how much it will be or if it is even possible. I think I will never get this item back. These people are dishonest. Please stay away from them.

Original review: March 18, 2016

Sent in a PCM module for repair and to be programmed. They sent back my original one that wasn't even touched and they said it was a shipping mistake. Talked to Mark in Sales. Very rude, unprofessional. Never returned any of my calls. I had to reship it back to them for the second time at my expense, and Mark told me the module was no good and cannot be programmed, and they returned my original one and still charged me $520. And I called them back and Mark said he would have his manager call me which he hasn't to date. Has been over a month. They are a complete rip-off (DO NOT) not I repeat (DO NOT) use this company. Look at all the reviews on this company. They are horrifying. Wait till you see the lie they use in response to this. Please Yelp them and Google them, and you will see they are no good!!! This is just the beginning Mark!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

DO NOT USE National Parts Wholesalers/AES. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They will not return calls. When they do talk to you on the phone they will say anything to get you off the phone (I was told it was being shipped "tomorrow" on two different occasions). We have been waiting since Jan. 30, 2015 for our module and have nothing to show for it except for: $85 nonrefundable fee, $19 shipping, and a lost customer (he has 2 vehicles). Daryl, the person "in charge" wouldn't even promise a speedy return of the original module. BE WARNED - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 14, 2014

Terrible Experience. I ordered (and paid for) a PCM on 6/24/14 and was told it would ship in 3 days. As of 7/7/14 I had still not received the part. They will not return phone calls. I had to continually call them only to hear excuses as to why my part had not shipped. I requested a refund on 7/7/14 and was told it would take 48 hours to credit back to my card. Received a credit on 7/14/14 that was $89.25 short. Stay away from this company!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2012

My rating for this company on a scale of one to ten is zero. I reserve zero for a company that deliberately takes advantage of customers, distorts and withholds information, fails to respond, has a worthless warranty, and in this case swap customer parts on a rebuild. When I called and ordered the part, they requested full information and they were told my car was running on five of six cylinders. I explained how I had traced the problem to the ECM. They told me it would be an easy repair, it would only take one day to repair and the part should be returned to me in about a week after they received it. I placed the order.

When I shipped the part, I put my assigned order number, my name, and my phone number on the top and bottom of the part using a permanent marker. I shipped it and got a tracking number. After confirming the part arrived, I waited several days before I called. I had to call and email several times before getting any response about the long delay for the repair. The only way I got a response was to go through the purchase option on the phone. They said they had to order parts and that is why it took so long. When I got the part, it came with a skull and cross bones picture on a brochure, the brochure stating the warranty would be void if the ECM was not installed with all associated parts working properly and in a manner consistent with professional methods. I followed the instructions they gave. All my other parts had been verified as functional and the installation is very simple.

The car would not start. I had no spark on any cylinder. I called them and explained the situation. I told them the part I received did not have the identification that I had put on it with the permanent marking pin. They said it had at least the marking on the bottom. They said they would look into it. I reminded them that the car ran before they "repaired" it and they asked me to read the codes and return the ECM. I suspected this was not my part and put new labels on this part to see what would happen. I also marked the warranty sealing tape that prevented me from opening the part to see what they had done. I returned the ECM to them. I did not hear from them for about two weeks and I called for status. It took several attempts to get through and finally I went through the purchase path to talk with someone.

Now they tell me the part is not repairable and I should have replaced all of the six coil-on-plug (COP) parts due to a recall. The warranty was void. After a long conversation where I explained again how my car ran before I had them "repair" the ECM and that all of my ECM had been verified and working, this got me nowhere. They said my part was not repairable due to my not replacing the COPs. There was no statement by them or in the brochure they sent me that the COPs had to be replaced. The COPs cost $125 each and there are six of them. I asked them to return my ECM. When I got the ECM, the warranty tape had not been removed. I opened the ECM and found the module physically broken and some poor workmanship on some other modules. I took pictures because I needed to use the part for a core at the local auto parts store. I ordered a rebuilt part at the local parts store and had to have it reprogrammed at the local Ford dealer.

The dealer reported the car would try to start but would not start. The ECM was now working; however, the ECM, after repairs from Searchparts, had blown four COPs. I had to replace four COPs and now the car is running on all six cylinders. I am contacting the FBI, BBB and the Florida police in this matter. I think these guys are guilty of more than just bad business.

NationWide Parts Distributors Company Information