2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

The Nissan Frontier is a mid-size truck. Models that have been made since 2010 have a focus on safety features. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Nissan Frontier Shop on Rydeshopper
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Frontier Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Frontier?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Frontier?

Original review: May 23, 2018

2013 Nissan Pathfinder - We have had continued issues with the rear seat heaters since we purchased the vehicle Dec 2012. It is noted in each service we've had done. We get told something different each time. Once it was the rear seat moving forward and back (it's three row seating so the middle row heated seats) that pinched the wires. Another was a part of a wire was showing and grounded which popped the fuse and yesterday (May 22, 2018) it is now the heater element... but they won't fix it because now it is out of warranty, FML.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Bought Brand new Nissan 2007 Frontier Nismo in 2007. Within one week harness wires burned up in driveway. Nissan fixed since still under warranty. Found out at 40K miles about radiator recall which would blow up transmission at 80K if not replaced. Nissan said they no longer have to contact customer about recalls and they put expiration date so if you don't find out they do refuse to fix. Top part of cab where indentations on each side rusted when truck had 20K miles. We took to Nissan. They took cheap camera photos and said they refused to fix and not their problem. They put clay inside indentations and painted over it at factory which is a defective issue for Nissan trucks when it was made!!

Paid two times for Fender Mender to fix and it rusts every other year. Getting it fixed again but said it would costs 1500 dollars to fix it correctly. Will never buy a Nissan again because we called home office and they had a nonchalant attitude as if they did not care!! Also had gas tank gauge issue where you fill up tank and gauge goes to empty. It only goes up once you travel about 35 miles. Then you cannot trust gauge because you have 1/4 less tank of gas than you think. Had to fix that. Truck in May 2018 has 60K miles on it. We only put synthetic oil in it since it was new. Feel like truck paint should have never rusted on top of cab!! Nissan does not care about customers!!!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I bought the Nissan Frontier in May 2006. It has 217,000 miles on it. I took care of the needed maintenance on it and the truck has been good to me and my family. Only stranded me 2x. Radiator once and heater hose the other. Everything is original. Great truck! It has had only the usual wear tear items go out, by far whole lot less than any of my past vehicles.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Drivetrain noise - I bought a brand new 2018 Frontier SV 4x4 4.0l and noticed a noise when decelerating from 20-15 mph. Brought it in to get looked at and was told it was "normal"???? Called Nissan corporate and was pretty much told "we don't care".

Original review: March 19, 2018

I just bought a new 2017 Nissan Frontier. It had 377 miles on it when I bought it and now just turned 900 miles. It rattles like an amish buggy. I've been under it trying to find the rattle. It is coming from the back wall of the cab I think. I took the cheap plastic trays and the non-functional fasteners that are supposed to hold them in place out. A little of the rattle went away. Fastened all 3 rear seat belts and a bit more went away. The remaining rattle is still very substantial. I tried a little bit of "gorilla tape" on the plastic shell behind the back seat to try to keep it from rattling against the back of the cab and it was only partially successful. I have 2013 Jeep Patriot, not exactly a Cadillac, and driving over the same road doesn't rattle at all. And it's got 50000 miles on it.

I've never been so dissatisfied with a new vehicle. I may go out and trade for another Patriot. It is a 150 mile round trip to take it back to the closest dealer, which is where I bought it, and I won't bring it back out there until it's due for 1st oil change. I'll review the hell out of it until then. Also, I'd like to talk to the person who thought it was a good idea to put a plastic ring around the ignition key. I've had to pick this stupid ring of plastic off the floor at least 10 times and put it back on. No telling if I'm putting it on right or not. Not the least bit intuitive. I'm about ready to glue it on. WHY, the ascetic stupidity? It might be a good vehicle if not for this half-assed, frustrating attempt at trying to make it look better. Just piss-poor quality.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Updated on 07/06/2019: Earlier I mentioned the gas gauge and the timing chain tensioners. At about 100K miles I was told by Nissan that my radiator needed replacing and that there was no leak to the transmission and that it was in good working order and a month and a half later I was informed by my regular mechanic that the transmission was damaged by the radiator leak. No longer trusting the dealer I had my regular mechanic replace the transmission, $6000.00 (twice - they ended up sending the truck back to the transmission manufacturer to get the new transmission to operate properly). I now have a grinding noise which sounds like the drive line, but have been told it might be dirt in the brakes. Given the performance of my pickup and the behavior of the dealer I cannot recommend a Nissan vehicle to anyone. I would give zero stars if I could.

Original review: 2007 King Cab, not 4x4. Bought used at 40,0000 mi. Had to replace gas gauge within 6 months, $500 (drop one star). Then found out even though they have a timing chain the tensioner is not made of metal and fails so you still need to take the motor apart at about 110,000 miles $1500 (drop another star). Neither item is covered by Nissan. Both items are the result of very poor design decisions. Other than that I have enjoyed the vehicle, decent ride, handles well, able to pull my small boat. Not feeling as good about the honesty of the Nissan company but reasonably happy with the pickup.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

On second Frontier. I had a 2007 Frontier that had 228k miles on it. When I traded it in I did a lot of the work I could myself. Like being knowledge on my truck repairs (I won’t touch internal motor stuff). I traded my 2007 in on 2015 this week passed. I am very happy with both truck. My 15 only had 38k on it. You can feel the difference going from a worn out vehicle to newer truck. The handling just shows how well they are built. I plan on stay long with Nissan in the future as long as I able to drive and can afford to upgrade.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Nissan vehicles are the best, durable, well-made. Their maintenance service is excellent. They would go the extra mile for you in handling your maintenance and any other need you may have. Their value and prices are excellent, too.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I have a Nissan Frontier 4,000 miles on vehicle. Cannot put gas in tank without blowing back on you. Nissan has denied claim, saying, it appears to be sugar in tank, I told manager I keep truck in garage, he then stated it must have came from bottom of dealer's tank. I told tanks have filters on them as well as nozzle you put the gas in. Told me there is obstruction in tank, appears to be plastic. The gas line has several plastic fittings in gas, that could have come from factory. People that made fitting in their injection molding. He refuses to warranty problem.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Extremely disappointed with Nissan. I regret purchasing my truck (2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x) from this corporation. I consider myself to be a relatively educated and capable individual when it comes to self reliance and prudent decision making. I was not prepared for the isolation and fundamental disrespect I have had to endure by purchasing a vehicle retailed for over $40,000 from this manufacturer. This is the first and probably the last new car I will ever purchase, certainly from Nissan. If I could return it for a full refund, I would.

I have had to stand on my head to get them to honor the most basic problems with the vehicle that were evident ON DELIVERY. Repeated attempts to get the dealer to service relatively minor issues with the vehicle have been dropped, forgotten, or generally relegated to the "unprofitable" for the service department trash bin. I feel as though I have bought a $40,000 ticket to my own personal horror show.

At issue, a blown out zipper on the leather seat cover for the passenger side rear seat. Upon inspection at delivery, I showed the salesman the minor flaw. I was told the part was on order and I would receive a call when the part was in. After several weeks, I would call up and they would request an inspection of the problem as they had no record of the issue. 3 appointments later, I am now 18 months into my new vehicle, and it is just now being fixed. I have put a 32,000 mile on the vehicle already and am about to go out of warranty. NO RECORD of the issue by Nissan. ABSOLUTELY MADDENING. What on God's green earth would make me feel they have any honor or dignity in a real repair???

Now, under threat of losing the warranty, I have had to force the issue, and surrender the vehicle for a day's service without a replacement. Next, a blown fuse. NOT A SINGLE READABLE FUSE DIAGRAM in the owner's manual or under the hood. They want to charge me $128 to diagnose a blown fuse. I can't do it myself without a diagram.

What jerk sells a 4x4 vehicle, advertised as the top-of-the-line for off road use without a fuse diagram??? Neither under the hood or in the owner's manual??? A 10 cent fuse could leave me stranded in possibly a life threatening environment. Disgusting. Shame on Nissan. I did not buy a new vehicle to become fodder for a service department pay check. This is no partner in maintenance. This is a mega-corporation interested in taking advantage of more and more technically advanced, electronically dependent vehicles. STAY AWAY or at least BE AWARE - YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!!!

Nissan Frontier Company Information