4.8/5 (47 ratings)

About American Auto Shipping

American Auto Shipping is an auto transport broker that can help with numerous services, including open and enclosed transport, local and long-distance shipping and door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal delivery. It can also arrange for expedited shipping if you need to pick up your car within 24 hours.

Pros

• Instant online quotes available
  • Offers priority and expedited shipping
  • Local and long-distance moves
  • Final quotes are binding

Cons

• No international service

Bottom Line

American Auto Shipping’s online quotes and expedited deliveries can help you ship your car fast within the U.S. and its territories. Just make sure you understand its role as a broker before you sign up.

American Auto Shipping Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Auto Shipping?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Scheduling and the driver were amazing. Will definitely refer to friends. The best part about this was that the schedule was communicated and followed with no issues. I was sending a car to my daughter and the delivery was great and exciting for her. When the driver came to my house he was very respectful and answered all my questions. Same with the person who scheduled the pickup and delivery. Great service from start to finish. Trust for future business.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Andrew - Thanks so much for your review, Chris! We're glad to hear that everything went well without issues and we hope to hear from you in the future!

Original review: May 19, 2022

This is the only company I trust with my vehicle. Jasmine was thorough and I felt assured my vehicle was in good hands. They picked up my vehicles and the driver was respectful to all my requests and got my cars across the country safely. American is the real deal. Remember, you get what you pay for.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Deborah for taking the time to write this wonderful review!

Original review: May 18, 2022

When my vehicle was finally picked up my car was transported within two days from Winter Haven, Florida to PA safely and without any damage. I was very pleased. I would recommend this company for their service. They picked up my car at a convenient place and dropped off at my address.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Rachel - Thanks so much, Mary! We're so glad to hear everything went well and we appreciate the review and the recommendation!

Original review: March 24, 2022

Communication could have been better arranging the pickup, as we were moving across the country and needed to plan accordingly, but it worked out. Car was in good shape when it arrived, and within the time they stated.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Alex - Thanks so much, Matt! We're glad to hear that everything went well and we look forward to hearing from you again should you have more vehicles to transport in the future!

Original review: March 5, 2022

The folks that brought me my G Wagen were so professional, accommodating and just plain nice. They kept me posted about their ETA and and they hit our famous DC metro traffic, updated me immediately. First time I used the company and it was a great experience. The people that brought my car if they are an example of the rest, then you will be pleased.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Kirshawna - Thank you very much, James! We're glad to hear that everything went well with your shipment and that your experience was great. We hope to hear from you again should you have more vehicles to ship in the future!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

After googling for auto shipping companies, I decided to take a chance with American Auto Shipping. From my first contact by phone with them, till after the car had been delivered, everyone was so friendly, professional, and answered all my questions no matter how many times I asked them. The guy that took my initial order was so accommodating. He worked hard to get my car picked up when I wanted because I needed it picked up and delivered at a special time. I will definitely will use them again. This was one time a Google search worked out well.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Joyanne for the wonderful review. We are open 7 days a week to assist everyone!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

These guys were great and even got my car wash when it arrived on time. They gave me a call every step of the way. I would recommend these guys to anyone. I even drop my car off to their office and it was picked up there.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Selena - Thank you for your review and recommendation, Cedric! We're so glad to hear that everything went well and that your shipping experience was so positive. We certainly hope to hear from you again should you have other vehicles in the future!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

The driver made it to my location on time and when I arrived to the location that I was at. My truck was in one piece no damage or incident at all. The representative over the phone made it easy and no complications at all. Also the price was right when I was looking for quotes from other competitors.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Michael for the 5 star review! We like to make car shipping easy here!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Although the delivery was later in the day than expected, I had good communication with the driver and my car was delivered to me in excellent condition. I was able to pack the trunk below the window and the rear floor and was happy with the service.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Anthony - We're glad to hear you were happy with the service, Scott! Unfortunately, delays can happen during transport as things such as traffic and weather may cause drivers to have to take longer on a route, but we're glad to hear that the delivery went well and we hope to hear from you again in the future should you have more vehicles to transport.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Only issue I had was was I was given a very short window of when they were going to drop it off. Meaning I would’ve liked to of had a 24 hour notice that they were going to be there so I could’ve planned my day better. I got a call at nine in the morning and they said they were gonna be dropping it off at 12 and I had plans that day. If I was told the day before I could’ve canceled the plans. With them not giving me the notice I had to have somebody else signed for the car when it arrived.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Rachel - We're sorry to hear about the short notice at delivery, and we do try to make sure our customers have plenty of notice. Thank you for your review, however, and we hope to hear from you again should you have more vehicles to transport!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Never believe this company if they inform 93% your car will be shipped in 5 days. They never stand on their words. I made my car available for shipping 6 days before I leave from CA to GA but they were not able to respond to my email at least with proper reason for not able to find a carrier. It was 10 days from the day I made my car available, but no one contacted me saying that they were not able to find a carrier. The quote that they will provide will be so attractive that you will pay the advance amount, but believe me that their software is wise enough to identify the returning customer with quote and it will always say that all the associates are busy helping other customers and ask you to leave a message, but they never reach you.

I don't have option to provide 0 or -ve stars to provide. Even they don't reach you to return your amount. Once you pay amount to them, their job to attract customers is done. They will never look back and listen to you. I provided the order 1 month before, my car was not shipped even after 1 week after I reached. I requested one of my friend to hand over my vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

After having a very negative experience with a competing auto transport company, I was not optimistic about hiring another transporter. Fortunately, I found American Auto Shipping. What a fantastic company! Very professional, efficient, and a pleasure to interact with. They will be our auto transport people from now on.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Rachel - We're so glad to hear that everything went well with your shipment, Joel! Thank you so much for your kind words and your kind review. We're happy to hear we've earned your trust and can't wait to hear from you again once you decide to ship another vehicle!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

The driver was very friendly and my car was delivered ahead of the estimated time. The driver even helped to park my car after taking it off the truck. The reason I rated four instead of five stars was I did not get much warning to get the car ready when it was picked up. I did not know the day they were coming to pick it up until dispatch called with less than an hour's notice.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Aerin - We're glad to hear that everything went well with your shipment, Martin, and apologize for the short notice, but we're glad that everything went well and hope to hear from you again should you have more vehicles to ship.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Dealing with Jasmine exceeded my expectations. She delighted me with her level of excellent customer service. The vehicle was delivered on time. Based on my experience with Jasmine, I have already informed family members and friends to contact AUS, if they need to ship an automobile.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Jasmine - Thank you so much, Henry! It was a pleasure helping you transport your vehicle and we thank you so much for your recommendation!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Hello -my husband and I found American Auto Shipping to be easy to work with, fairly priced, and a great experience. They responded quickly to email, the driver was courteous and cooperative, the cars were delivered promptly, and the follow up from the customer service rep was thoughtful.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Monica for the 5 star review! We are happy everything went well on your shipment!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Transported our vehicle in record time from the Southwest to Midwest. The Carrier was very courteous and professional. Notifications were made in a timely manner at the pickup and drop off points. American Auto Shipping addressed all our questions before and during the service. Our vehicle arrived at the destination in perfect condition.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Jasmine - Thank you so much for your review, Mary! We're glad to hear that everything went well both on our end and with the carrier, and we sincerely hope to hear from you again should you have more vehicles to ship in the future!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Car shipped from Morris, Illinois to Cape Coral Florida and pickup and drop off were timely with good communication. More importantly, the driver was extremely careful in loading and unloading the car. Absolutely satisfied with the service.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Alex for the 5 star review! We only use the best truck drivers!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

So pleased with the service I received. Everyone was incredibly responsive and helpful. The driver was great with communications for pick up and delivery. My car arrived promptly and in perfect condition. I would highly recommend this company to anyone and will definitely be a return customer!

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Darcy for the 5 star review! We are looking forward to helping you ship your next vehicle. Return customers receive $50 off whatever the website says.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Communication was great. Constant updates on vehicle location. Very professional and highly knowledgeable. When I first called to inquire about costs or shipment I was explained the whole process. I would recommend this service to others.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Nicholas for the 5 star review! We will outline the process for you too!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

This was my first vehicle transport and American Auto Shipping made this process very simple. Vehicle was picked up and deliver in one piece in 4 days and there was no hidden fees! Very good customer service and followed up with me throughout the process. Thank you!

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Antonio! We only give final binding price quotes here!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

My experience with American Auto Shipping was excellent. They took the time to gather all the right details at the beginning which in turn made the rest of the process extremely smooth. The driver that brought my car was courteous and friendly. My car was not damaged or in any way different than when it went on his truck. Would definitely use again!

American Auto Shipping response

Call Jasmine - Thanks so much, Graham! We're so glad to hear that everything went smooth and we're looking forward to hearing from you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I contacted American Auto Transport to ship a land cruiser in an enclosed trailer. I ordered it to be picked up however the week before it was to be picked up, I had not received a confirmation, only a dispatch email with a phone number for the carrier. The email included a phone number for the carrier and advised the date was an estimate and not a confirmation for a specific date. The number provided only rang then disconnected, no option to leave a message no voicemail stating the name of the business.

I reached out to American Auto and was told I’d hear something by Friday. After not hearing anything, I called them back Friday evening. I was told the carrier would contact me the day before. When that day came and went, I contacted American Auto again. They said they would contact the carrier and call me back in a few minutes. Approximately three hours later I called back. They said it was not their issue that their job is to only connect you to a “qualified carrier” and that I was scheduled for pickup. I asked if that was confirmed by the carrier and it was not. I asked if I was supposed to take off work for three days (window given in email) in hopes they show up.

When I explained I don’t feel comfortable shipping with a carrier that can’t be reached by phone by me or by American Auto Transport, they said there was nothing they could do. They did not offer to to change carrier, just that I could cancel my order. However, the money paid via phone to book the carrier would not be refunded because they did their job and booked the carrier. So no confirmation, they can’t get anyone on the phone from their “qualified carrier”, think it’s is acceptable to have their customers take off three days of work just in case the carrier shows up out of the blue. There is absolutely no quality control with this company.

It is unbelievable they would not change the carrier and after refusing to do that deny refunding money. I have the pleasure of doing business with great companies big and small and the disappointment of dealing with not so great companies. The lack of customer support and communication from this business is very close to being the worst that I have experienced.

American Auto Shipping response

Hi Adam, We are sorry you were not able to contact your carrier. Please contact us at dispatch@americanautoshipping.com

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I was very pleased with the service I received from American Auto Shipping. The driver communicated with us numerous times and worked around our schedule for delivery which was greatly appreciated. I will use them again.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Anthony - Thank you very much, Lynda! It was our pleasure to help you ship your vehicle, we're very glad to hear that everything went well with the driver, and we look forward to hearing from you in the future should you have more vehicles to ship!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I want to thank your organization for a very easy, prompt and professional transition of moving my vehicles from southern CA to Mississippi. It was a seamless transition with no issues. I will highly recommend you to anyone transporting vehicles.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Ronald for the 5 star review! We can make your move easy too!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Great company. They were quick with the delivery. I had my car within a week after I called. I was pleased with the service and the drivers were very friendly. I will definitely be using their services again.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Kutrice for the 5 star review! We look forward to shipping your next vehicle!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

From the very start of the quote process, American Auto Shipping made it as easy to ship my car across the country as possible. I was able to ship my car across the country during a Holiday week in under 5 days. I would recommend their logistic services to anyone.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Bryce for the 5 star review! We are open 7 days a week to assist you too!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Everyone was very professional and very polite and friendly. Enjoyed doing business with you. Tim the driver was a sweetheart of a guy, tried to help in every way. I talked to him on the phone several times always very professional and kind. No issues with my cars. Thank you. Janice **

American Auto Shipping response

Call Aerin - Thank you, Janice! We're so glad to hear that your shipment was smooth and that your driver was excellent. We work hard to make sure that's the case every time, and we hope to hear from you again!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I searched a number of auto shipping companies, and got the quickest response and lowest rate from American Auto Shipping. They helped me modify my order when I needed to ensure that pickup would go smoothly, and the driver went out of his way to accommodate us at drop off as well. Great overall experience, would definitely recommend to a friend.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Jasmine - Thank you for your recommendation and your review, Michal! We are glad to hear that your shipment was successful and hope to hear from you again!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

My order was the smoothest part of my move. Read the T&Cs! They tell you everything you need to know. Pricing was not disputed, it was straightforward. Everything happened exactly on time and as expected.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Jasmine - Thanks, David! It was our pleasure to help you transport your vehicle and we're glad to hear everything went well. We hope to hear from you again!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Am. Auto delivered was fantastic. The driver was very professional. He picked up the car on time and delivered ahead of schedule. The administrative staff was professional and called me back very quickly if I had to leave a message. Good administrative help is VERY important and hard to find lately!!! I obtained 2 quotes, and this one was substantially less than the competitor.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Cindy for the 5 star review. We can provide this kind of service for everyone!

American Auto Shipping Company Information