2. Automotive
  3. Auto Transporters

4.9/5 (102 ratings)

About American Auto Shipping

American Auto Shipping is an auto transport broker that can help with numerous services, including open and enclosed transport, local and long-distance shipping and door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal delivery. It can also arrange for expedited shipping if you need to pick up your car within 24 hours.

Pros

• Instant online quotes available
  • Offers priority and expedited shipping
  • Local and long-distance moves
  • Final quotes are binding

Cons

• No international service

Bottom Line

American Auto Shipping’s online quotes and expedited deliveries can help you ship your car fast within the U.S. and its territories. Just make sure you understand its role as a broker before you sign up.

American Auto Shipping Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Auto Shipping?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Auto Shipping?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I searched a number of auto shipping companies, and got the quickest response and lowest rate from American Auto Shipping. They helped me modify my order when I needed to ensure that pickup would go smoothly, and the driver went out of his way to accommodate us at drop off as well. Great overall experience, would definitely recommend to a friend.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Jasmine - Thank you for your recommendation and your review, Michal! We are glad to hear that your shipment was successful and hope to hear from you again!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

My order was the smoothest part of my move. Read the T&Cs! They tell you everything you need to know. Pricing was not disputed, it was straightforward. Everything happened exactly on time and as expected.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Jasmine - Thanks, David! It was our pleasure to help you transport your vehicle and we're glad to hear everything went well. We hope to hear from you again!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Am. Auto delivered was fantastic. The driver was very professional. He picked up the car on time and delivered ahead of schedule. The administrative staff was professional and called me back very quickly if I had to leave a message. Good administrative help is VERY important and hard to find lately!!! I obtained 2 quotes, and this one was substantially less than the competitor.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Cindy for the 5 star review. We can provide this kind of service for everyone!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

My overall experience was great. Everything they said they would do they would do. And they have some great people who transport the cars. My guy was super nice and communicated very well. My car came in the amount of days that they said it would and he was very professional.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Erika for the 5 star review. WE are open 7 days a week to assist you!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Throughout the process I felt like I knew what to expect and didn't need to worry about whether my vehicle would be delivered in a timely manner. The driver was professional and communicated every detail to me along the way. Picking up the car was easy! I would definitely recommend American Auto Shipping!

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you David for the 5 star review. We like to make things easy as moving is a stressful time.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I have never had to ship a vehicle across the country before, but my dispatcher made the whole process very easy. I purchased a vehicle out of state and needed to ship my trade-in to the dealer and retrieve the vehicle I purchased. Unfortunately the driver that was dispatched to get my vehicle was very difficult to get ahold of after picking up my vehicle, and I needed to give the dealer an ETA so they could ship the purchased vehicle. So timing was thrown off by the first driver, but the second driver brought the vehicle I purchased a day early. All said and done, I would say the experience for a first time shipper was a little unnerving, but after my first round of doing this, I better understand how the process works and would feel comfortable using this company again. Though they also had a difficult time getting in touch with the first driver, they did attempt to do so.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Jasmine - Thank you for your review, Ron. Unfortunately, some carriers can be difficult to reach as they drive hundreds of miles every day and aren't allowed to be on their phones while driving. However, we're glad to hear that everything went well and thank you very much for your recommendation!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I was fortunate to have Shawna as my representative during the booking and receiving through my car transport. Shawna always answered the phone or if a message was left, she returned a reply back very quickly. When she said she was going to do something, I knew it would be done. I so much appreciated all the time she spent getting the transport in motion and seeing it through until completed. Thank you again for your diligence...Sincerely, Joyce

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Joyce for the 5 star review! Shwana is available now for your shipping needs too!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Anthony was great. Shipping was smooth, arrived on time and customer service was flawless. No complaints on my end. Would be happy to recommend to a friend if the opportunity arises. Low cost as well compared to all others.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Anthony for the 5 star review! We really are the cheapest way to ship your car!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My experience having my automobile transported from West Lafayette Indiana to Metro Detroit Michigan was great. The scheduling, communication and the delivery were all excellent. The driver arrived early, was conscientious and followed my instructions relative to delivery. He did a great job. His name I believe was Sam. I have no complaints and would certainly use the company again and refer them to others.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Rome for the 5 star review! We only use the best drivers in the business!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Vitaly the driver was was prompt and courteous during the pickup and delivery. He called several several times to keep us up to date and got to the destination at the expected time. Good experience from time or ordering the car to completion of delivery.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Mike for the 5 star review! Communication is key in the car shipping business!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I was told the going rate for sending my car from Florida to California, and ended up paying more for the expedited service because I was in a time crunch. My car was picked up within 24 hours and arrived a few days later in perfect condition. I have had a horrible experience with a different auto shipping company. However, American Auto Shipping was a breath of fresh air, they knew the game and did it right. I will definitely use them again.

American Auto Shipping response

Thanks Stephen! We can get your vehicle picked up within 1 week day in a pinch!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

We were so pleased to work with American Auto Shipping (Rachel, Shawna, Brenden). They made the process easy and kept us apprised of the status of our car shipment. Honest people who really understand the business, its ups and downs, etc…. Moving is stressful and I am glad I put my trust in them. I would totally work with them again! Thanks!

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you, Delia! It was our pleasure to transport your vehicle and we're glad we were able to make things a bit less stressful for you!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

American Auto Shipping secured a great driver, Daniel, and patiently and considerately explained the process, regarding delays in the pick up process for concerned customers. Thank you for expending your best efforts. Marc

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Mark for the 5 star review! We stay in touch with you until your vehicle is safely delivered!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Hi, Rachel has been one of the best people to work with I’ve ever experienced. She was so responsive, made difficult tasks possible for us, communicated flawlessly and just helped make our vehicle shipment an optimal experience. I know Rachel will achieve huge success as she really is a strong business partner. Thanks for having her help my family! Edwin

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Edwin. We treat every customer like family!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

The company has high credibility, reasonable price and fast delivery speed. Made my entire communication quick and easy to complete. The fact is true, and the whole experience was smooth and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Ling for the 5 star review. Let us help you ship your vehicles today!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Had a K5 shipped from Phoenix to Dallas, process was very smooth. After I committed to American Auto Shipping they had my K5 scheduled for pick up the next day, very fast turnaround. The driver was nice and punctual, the price was lower than the company I typically use and quality was just as good. Will use this company again.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Will for the 5 star review. We will almost always be the cheapest price to ship your vehicles!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The delivery was timely and done well. Big stress off my shoulders this being the most stressful part of my move. They came earlier than expected and delivered within 24 hours. Representatives were very friendly and willing to work with me on pickup/drop off. Absolutely recommended if you’re looking to ship a car.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Jacob for the 5 star review. Give us a call and we will help you schedule your shipment!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I moved from Houston to Detroit and did not want to drive the distance. I looked high and low trying to find the right transport company and had no idea how to choose which company to use. I started calling, and customer service is very high to me when you make that first contact with a person. American Auto Shipping explain from start to finish the process. Paid deposit and scheduled shipping. Steve the driver took care of my vehicle from pick up to delivery in Detroit. What an amazing company. I rate American Auto Shipping above a 5 star.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Jacqueline for the "above" 5 star review! We are so happy you were pleased with our service!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I used American Auto Shipping to transfer a used car I bought 1,200 miles. It took longer than originally stated to get the car dispatched due to volume and truck shortages. However, the car showed up in 2 days once it was picked up with no issues. The driver was professional. Good service overall.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Christopher for the 5 star review. We are happy you received your newly purchased car!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The driver who transported our cars did an A+ job. Not a single ding and very efficient, fast, and professional the whole way through. I would recommend him to anyone that needs their cars shipped in a hurry!

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Austin. Please contact us if you need your car shipped in a hurry.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I recently purchased a vehicle out of state from Texas and was looking for a shipping company to help deliver my dream car to California. I did a lot of research and ended up working with American Auto Shipping due to their reviews and competitive rates. The Team did not disappoint. It was my very first time performing such a purchase, so I was very on the fence about which company to use. American Shipping Company representatives were informative and helpful during the entire process and answered all of my questions so I felt confident that they could get the job done. They found me a great carrier who was very punctual and provided very timely updates. They were also easily reachable by text for updates. Ultimately, pickup and dropoff went without a hitch (seller and buyer/myself both agreed) and I was very satisfied with the services. I used an enclosed shipping method. I highly recommend American Auto Shipping.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Alex for the vey thorough review. This is what our customers can expect with American Auto Shipping!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I had my 84 Suburban shipped, it was only a few days and I was informed it was picked up and a few short days later it had already been delivered. I definitely will use American Auto Shipping again!

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Aaron for the 5 star review. We are glad you got your Suburban quickly.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I was pleased with the pricing which was very competitive compared to other carriers. The process was hassle free. My vehicle was picked up the next day and came in 5 days later as promised from cross country. The delivering agent was professional. Finally, the car wash reimbursement is a nice courtesy. I was very pleased with American Auto and will definitely recommend to friends...And I'll use you all in the future!

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Trevor for the 5 star review! Returning customers always get $50 less then the website says!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

We went with American Auto Shipping not knowing they do not ship the vehicles themselves but use contracted shipping Companies. We had an issue with our payment being taken out twice due to a computer error which was corrected in a timely manner after a few phone calls. The shipping schedule was within our time frame and we were given plenty of time to make sure everything was ready. If you need a shipping company that can find a good shipper for you then this is the company to use.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

This was such an amazingly easy experience. To transport 2 cars across country was made easier. The quality of service and timeliness was outstanding. I would highly recommend this company and those that work there.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Michelle for the 5 star review. We have steep discounts for two car shipments Call us today for a quote!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I bought a car for my future wife, the car was hard to find in stock due the supply chain backlog. I found one in stock in Boston and I live in Texas. The wedding was in week and half and I worried it wasn't going to get here in time. American Auto Shipping made sure it got here in 5 days, enough time to surprise my wife.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Allan for the 5 star review! Let us help you ship your special car too!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I needed to ship a car from Colorado to Florida. American Auto Shipping gives you a binding quote. They assigned me to a carrier and emailed me their contact information. The carrier contacted me regarding pickup and delivery. I was very satisfied with the service provided by American Auto Shipping.

American Auto Shipping response

Thanks Linda! It is true. We like to keep it easy as moving is a stressful time.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I would definitely use this service again. Good response time and the transport driver was letting me know where he was on his trip as he was getting closer to the delivery date. Call center was also responsive to my questions and reassured me about pricing and estimated dates of pick up and delivery.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you Jared for taking the time to do this wonderful and thoughtful review!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I had my car shipped with American Auto Shipping and had a great experience. Their process was simple and easy. I had an issue with timing but the driver provided outstanding service and took care of me. Highly recommended.

American Auto Shipping response

Call Kirshawna - Thanks so much, John! We're glad to hear that everything went well and we appreciate your recommendation and look forward to hearing from you again!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

We were absolutely thrilled with the excellent service we received from booking to vehicle pick up to vehicle delivery. John was our driver from Pabiko Inc and he was top shelf!!!! We highly recommend American Auto Shipping and Pabiko Inc Carrier, to anyone who has auto shipping needs and want to feel secure.

American Auto Shipping response

Thank you John for the 5 star review! After 22 years we know the good carriers and they know us!

American Auto Shipping Company Information