Phoenix Extended Care

Miami, FL | formerly Wynn's Extended Care, Inc.

Phoenix Extended Care
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

Find my match

Phoenix Extended Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Phoenix Extended Care?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wynn's Extended Care, Inc.?

Original review: June 14, 2018

WE PLACED A CLAIM ON 6/2 AND WE GAVE OUR REPAIR COMPANY T AND D A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL SO THEY WOULD AT LEAST HAVE A voicemail of the claim because it was a Saturday and because our repair shop was new with working with the warranty company. The warranty company indicated they were not reputable. Our repair shop asked what they had to do and they got the invoice together. Faxed it and was told the invoice was not numbered and they dragged out their request past the warranty date and would not pay for the repairs after we paid all the monies we did for the warranty contract.

They said they could do a retroactive if a RSO numbered receipt was done but the claim was denied. Our auto repair shop is a mobile repair shop and the shop before was a mobile repair shop and their invoice was not numbered and the warranty company wanted a computer generated invoice and our mobile repair shop did not have that and they explained they were a small business.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I bought a 2009 Infiniti G37xS that came with their extended warranty in Feb 2018. My car started to overheat a few weeks ago so I shut the car off immediately and had it towed to a certified mechanic which I paid out of my pocket. Come to find out the head gasket was blown and the transmission is bad. It would cost more to repair the head gasket than to replace the engine itself. My mechanic called Phoenix Extended Care and they said they would need to do a complete teardown of the engine and transmission before they would make a decision if it was covered. I would have to pay for 14 hours of labor for this teardown. Please avoid this company at all cost. I have called several times and left messages with managers with no response or help. I even asked if they could send an inspector out so they can see for themselves and still no response. This type of business practice is criminal and should be illegal.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I have been trying to work with this company for months. Actual months. As my car gets worse and worse, it is becoming harder and harder to diagnose. I feel like they want my car to simply die, so they can blame it on something other than the engine. It's the engine. It's been torn down and diagnosed by a reputable mechanic, who sent them the quote. They have spent the last several phone calls trying to convince me that my mechanic, who I've known for several years, is trying to cheat me. No, this warranty company is trying to cheat me. Now, I'm taking it to a dealership, where it will cost everyone 10xs as much, but maybe they'll listen to Chrysler when they tell them it's the engine. I won't hold my breath.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I purchased a 04 Chevy Avalanche from a used car lot and had to use the warranty twice with no problems... I've had a u-joint replaced once and the second time I brought it in for a coolant leak to find out I actually needed a whole engine replacement all with no problems and a rental car while in the shop... Make sure to take your vehicle to someplace big like the dealership that has the logistics to deal with a warranty co.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I purchased a 2012 Chevy Cruze from a car lot and they recommended I get Wynn's warranty. I got the 1500 in coverage. The day I drove off the lot my car says it's overheating! Long story short, I needed a new water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing and a flush! I took my car to my nearest Chevy to be repaired. I was very nervous that nothing was going to be covered because I read all the reviews and my Chevy mechanic had never heard of them. Thankfully Wynn's agreed to pay for my water pump parts and labor and the flush. Of course I had to pay the $100 deductible and for the thermostat but they covered the most expensive part!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I am so livid right now! I purchased this supposedly great extended warranty when I purchased my used vehicle a few months ago! The dealership said that the finance company requires it, to protect their investment! Well, my ignition switch locked up and was told by the mechanic that it was broken. So come to find out it was the ignition lock cylinder that needed to be replaced. So the mechanic went ahead and ordered the part and installed it, assuming that this critical part was covered. Not!!!

So when I called Phoenix, the rep was not only rude, but treated me like I was a child by telling me, "Follow along with me and look on page 2... do you see the part that says ignition? Did you find it? Well look there, and do we see the words ignition lock cylinder? No we don't, therefore it isn't covered". I was so angry, and wished I could've gone through the phone at that point!!! How is something that you have to have to even crank the car, not covered? This company is a rip-off!!!

Original review: April 20, 2017

I had the worst experience with this company. First the dealer at Suburban Jeep of Troy recommend this warranty company for our used Lexus we bought from them 2015. OMG so my engine blow, I have my car taken to dealership, they call and say the company won't cover the work. Why? They say cause the hose that caused the problem isn't covered with that mean my engine is gone... Don't matter how it's gone. I'm supposed to be covered. So now I have a Lexus that I pay a car note and it's not running... Lol. 6000$ damage. This company is the biggest ripoff I've ever experienced. Paid 2700 for a nothing warranty. HELP REPORT THESE PEOPLE...

Original review: April 5, 2017

I never received a handbook on the things that were covered. I requested it twice and still I don't know what my contract is for. I am convinced they don't pay out anything for repairs; they always weasel out it while bleed you dry with coverage payments. I just bought a used car that begin to leak oil after a few months of driving it. This warranty company would not cover repairs or the rental I needed to get back and forth to work. Their excuse was that it was a pre-existing condition and a wear item, both of which was not valid. The dealer and the repair facility tried talking sense into them, to no avail. They have no interest in serving the public, just taking their money.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

To start off I own a 2011 Chevy Cruze that I financed from a car lot and got a extended warranty through these people for $1800.00 & I thought it would be a good warranty company! The first 3 days I had the car my turbo charger went out "no big deal, I'll just take it to Chevy and get it fixed". Well I dropped it off and the warranty company paid for a 2016 Chevy trax which was pretty nice! Had for only a 2 days then they call me back into the shop to tell me warranty company paid for everything besides NUTS & BOLTS!!! Why would they not pay for that? I got over it and paid for it.

Now my pcv valve in my intake manifold went out WHICH IS VERY MUCH COVERED IN MY CONTRACT! They tell me to get in the rent a car which I shall remind you it's a 2017 Chevy Traverse!!! $38,000 dollar car! I get a call back in two day so that they can tell me that none of it is covered and I owe $1,000 dollars! WHY??? Because my warranty company refuses to pay for the part and labor and continues to say that the part is not covered! They are the most rudest people I've ever talked to on the phone and they were even rude WITH MY MECHANIC!!! They are horrible people and they will scam you till the end! Would never recommend this warranty company to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Don't make the mistake I did and purchase any warranty from this company. I purchased the Premium Coverage which is the best overall coverage that they offer and a lot of the basic items such as Electrical (electric horn), Cooling (coolant leak), and Turbocharger (oil leak) is not covered (see image of brochure). I spoke to a customer representative today 1/25 at 07:30m, Andrea, and she stated that the specific part needs to be listed so the repair can be approved.

So if your electrical horn is not working and the mechanic states that the Central Engine Control Module is causing the problem then this repair would not be covered because the specific part is not listed. Even though "electric horn" is listed under #10 Electrical on the brochure. If your car is leaking coolant at the turbo fittings and the part "Turbo Fittings" is not listed then it is not covered. I currently have $2,374.50 (plus tax) of repairs and none of the repairs are covered. I have had this warranty since 9/17/15. In addition, I requested a copy of the claim and they stated they do not have an email address to submit this request and I can only fax or mail the request. From my experience I found that purchasing a warranty from a legitimate dealer such as Ford, Toyota, Infiniti has lived up to their promise and covered a lot of general issues such as these.

Phoenix Extended Care (formerly Wynn's Extended Care, Inc.) Company Information

Wynn's Extended Care, Inc.
      www.phoenixec.com