Phoenix Extended Care

Miami, FL | formerly Wynn's Extended Care, Inc.

Phoenix Extended Care
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Accredited Partner.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Accredited Partner.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Phoenix Extended Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Phoenix Extended Care?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wynn's Extended Care, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Don't make the mistake I did and purchase any warranty from this company. I purchased the Premium Coverage which is the best overall coverage that they offer and a lot of the basic items such as Electrical (electric horn), Cooling (coolant leak), and Turbocharger (oil leak) is not covered (see image of brochure). I spoke to a customer representative today 1/25 at 07:30m, Andrea, and she stated that the specific part needs to be listed so the repair can be approved.

So if your electrical horn is not working and the mechanic states that the Central Engine Control Module is causing the problem then this repair would not be covered because the specific part is not listed. Even though "electric horn" is listed under #10 Electrical on the brochure. If your car is leaking coolant at the turbo fittings and the part "Turbo Fittings" is not listed then it is not covered. I currently have $2,374.50 (plus tax) of repairs and none of the repairs are covered. I have had this warranty since 9/17/15. In addition, I requested a copy of the claim and they stated they do not have an email address to submit this request and I can only fax or mail the request. From my experience I found that purchasing a warranty from a legitimate dealer such as Ford, Toyota, Infiniti has lived up to their promise and covered a lot of general issues such as these.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Sorry to say, if you paid for a warranty and this is the company, you got screwed. They cover next to nothing, they are rude, they always try to get the customer to pay for a tear down & inspection when it's not necessary, they pay substandard labor rates. (Most licensed repair facilities charge a average of 85-125 per hour.) And if it's cheaper to buy a salvage yard component (such as a engine or transmission/axle assy). They will ship you a used part with 100-150k on it and pay the shop to install it. The worst possible company to deal with. Do not buy this company warranty if you have the option. I give it "0" stars.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Found a truck online. Drove an hour to check it out. Decided to finance the truck. This company not only takes your money for a bogus warranty they also have their middle men. The seller tell us we couldn't buy the truck unless we purchased this warranty because we said no we didn't have an extra $2000 for the warranty. We found out that this $2000 warranty was bogus. When the brake lines on the truck went took it to mechanic, called Phoenix and figured we have this $2000 investment. Why not use it. How convenient for them they don't cover existing rust and corrosion! Are you kidding me? You’re selling a warranty on vehicles that are over 10 yrs old and you don't cover existing rust and corrosion. That right there is enough to prove that they are ripping off hardworking Americans and they need to be exposed!!! There should be a class action lawsuit filed against them! I'm waiting.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

Went to use my Auto plus Premier Insurance that I paid $1950 for the extended warranty today (bought it when I bought my 2012 Compass back then). Well Sansone, located in Avenel, NJ who sold me the policy, checked on my coverage and I was told not covered for the blending door for the heat according to Phoenix. Why do companies continue to lie, cheat, steal and get away with it. Not going to ramble on, just would like to let them know they are in my opinion SCUMBAGS, LIKE TERRORISTS!! Tried reasoning with the warranty company and the broad far as I am concerned that is what she is, was worried about if she was taped after she told me some interesting things. Can only hope when I pick up my vehicle Sansone will be able to correct the wrong that this company called Phoenix has done. They should remove the word American and put communist! Also hope they stop seller bogus policies!!

Original review: May 18, 2016

I was sold this warranty with the purchase of my vehicle. I have submitted 2 claims and the company has not paid either claim. They give you the runaround and present this warranty to you that you think will cover needed items on your used car. When they are called, there is always a "stipulation" in the contract (so they say) that relieves them of the responsibility to cover malfunctioning parts on the vehicle. This company is not worth the money that is paid to them and I would not recommend them to anyone who is looking for good customer service, assistance, and payment for parts and repairs when presented with the untimely breakdown of a vehicle. Not worth the money, time or stress that is required to deal with when you are paying for a needed vehicle service warranty. They take your money and offer you nothing in return.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2016

You have to have the vehicle there in the shop with an open Repair Order number. You have to have the reason the vehicle is in (Cause for Concern) and it has to be approved. Additional information needed is mileage of vehicle now, customer name and address (must match contract) contract number, vin# as well as year make and model. On top of that its $100 deductible and they don't usually pay diag time. Then the shop gets all that and the 3 Cs are needed for every item covered. 1. Cause for concern (reason customer came in or found on inspection) 2. Cause of failure (there are specific standards that they have to go by and have to be meet or they are not covered) 3. Correction (the estimate to fix it). And all this has to be customized into their estimate and faxed in for approval. It's a lot of work, but there are some of us that don't mind doing it.

Then after being on hold forever you have to haggle. They don't pay full hourly rate for the shop. They usually pay around $60 per hour so right there is only usually a little over half of what labor will cost. Then they have a set price they will pay for the parts (that is predetermined in their system and usually not even close). Personally I have worked on many and got them approved and fixed no problems but I know what they need and have it ready and I am willing to be on the phone for 2 hours if that is what it takes. I have had them fix my personal vehicle with a brand new transmission put into my suburban 2500 with no problems at all. The experiences that I see I would guess are shops not wanting to deal with it or not having the information they need written correctly.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

I bought a used Ford Ranger with a service contract back in March 2015. I needed a vehicle I could rely on, not cost me a fortune, in either time or money. Around the third week of December 2015, I lost the oil pump on the freeway. The engine was toast in seconds, despite me shutting it off. My service contract people said take it to the nearest licensed repair facility, which happened to be a Ford dealer. I did. My contract said my deductible was $100 dollars, Ford rep is telling me contract people will not cover all the cost and I'll be on the hook for around... TWO THOUSAND!!??

The truck is still sitting there, they have not finished it yet. I have not really worked since... you guessed it, around the third week of December, so when they are done, I have no idea how I am going to pay for it. The extended warranty company is called Wynn's extended care, and they have countless complaints similar to mine. If you see Wynn's as the warranty, you will probably be stuck in a bad place, especially if it is a Ford you bought. I can say that with comfort about Ford because I own a Ford van, with less miles than the Ranger, and 3rd and overdrive stopped working a few months ago, the same problem 3 of my contractor friends have with theirs.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

Wynn's extended care now known as Phoenix Extended Care is an auto warranty company that my vehicle dealer set me up with. For $1530.00 you will get the runaround, unprofessional customer service, turtle like movement on service, claim denials and be S.O.L on your car for as long as they see fit! I was asked for a statement and when I provided my "statement" the representative took it upon themselves to respond with "you're saying that" and completely misconstrued my entire statement as if attempting to hold myself or my dealer responsible for the occurrence! I had to repeat the same thing over only to have been denied for a portion of my claim. I had to repeatedly call this company for updates which for days on end I was given the runaround and told to do all sorts of things to "get the ball rolling", things that $1530.00 should cover them to do!

On my final call I had a woman representative tell me that my claim was "approved" leaving the auto shop responsible for telling me that they had actually denied a portion of it. Had it not been for the dealer I bought the vehicle from I would still be getting the runaround because the owner of the dealership had to call their regional manager and demand that I be taken care of! Worst experience of my life!! I highly suggest that when they are recommended to you that you turn them down immediately!! The part I hate the most is how they make the dealers look bad when in actuality warranty work has nothing to do with your car dealer!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

This warranty company stinks! They are definitely in cahoots with not only the used car dealership AutoMax in Maple Shade NJ but Charlie's Complete Service Center in Runnemede NJ. Not only is Charlie's Service Center conveniently the ONLY repair shop that AutoMax uses but Wynn's continually tries to find a loophole in the Premium Plus Extended Warranty we pay through the nose for and Charlie's continually charges the deductible for the same work they already did that they screwed up the first time!!! Also, our warranty covers our full suspension on our car which includes struts aka control arms and Wynn's is saying they are not covered because the word "strut" is not in the list of parts covered! It is appalling and we need to find out how to get out of this warranty - it is truly a nightmare! Does anybody know how to go about cancelling a Wynn's warranty when it is wrapped into your car payment?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

Recently my mechanics contacted those company because there is a repair needed on my truck and it should be covered by my Wynn's Plus policy. First they wanted everything torn apart so that he could take pictures of the repair area... then when they were contacted today, they said that the contract for the truck expired on 2013 and our mechanic offered to fax him the original contract to help. He was told that was the final decision and they wouldn't discuss any further! The policy was bought with the purchase of the truck on 5/2013 and it was for 54 mos. or 54000, and neither has been reached. But the company is rude and will not deal with the mechanics or myself any further. The policy is not expired as they say, they just don't want to cover the cost of the repair. This company should be charged with fraud!

Phoenix Extended Care (formerly Wynn's Extended Care, Inc.) Company Information

Wynn's Extended Care, Inc.
      www.phoenixec.com