2. Miscellaneous

Hanover, MA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

Royal Administration Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Administration Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Administration Services?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Unfortunately, they cold called me in November of '16 and I took the bait. Didn't have any savings at the time and was worried that if anything major went wrong with my car, I would have no way to pay for it. I paid my contract off in full early last year (about $3,500). Other than routine maintenance, I've had a minimum of issues with my 2011 Chevy HHR. The cable on my drivers side door broke over the winter. The handle had broken the previous summer, but I was able to fix that myself. No such luck this time since I couldn't open the door. Cost just over $500 to have the local mechanic fix it for me. Filed a claim with Royal, DENIED!!

Apparently they consider this normal wear and tear? I've owned cars for over 30 years and not once have I had to replace a door handle cable because the door wouldn't open!! Compressor on my AC went last week. Filed another claim DENIED!!! Their excuse this time was that the clutch had failed and they don't cover mechanical failures? What the f??? Wasn't that the WHOLE REASON I got this rip off insurance in the first place? I could have sworn they told me on the phone back in '16 that the AC is one of the systems they'd cover if I had a major repair on it.

I'm left to wonder what, if anything, on my car would they cover if it breaks? Roy, my mechanic, has told me that they look for excuses to weasel out of paying constantly and that all these car repair insurance companies are scamming thieves. I'll be calling them Monday morning and I'll probably get nowhere. Another poster says they are located in Massachusetts? I think I will end up filing a complaint with the Mass AG.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Took my car to shop when check engine light came on. Was told broke timing chain. Tried to file claim. Was lied to several times. After 30 days 100's of phone calls claimed denied. Worst company ever. Do not purchase warranty through this company. Nothing but lies, runaround and denied claims. If you hear Royal Administration mentioned in any extended warranty contract run fast. You will never get car repaired.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Bought for a used truck back in Sept. 2019. Purchased the 12 months/12,000 miles warranty, best one the dealer could offer, turbo included, 4wd included --everything. First few weeks were fine, turbo starts leaking coolant at the fitting on the turbo, also started having grinding and lock-up issues with the rear limited slip differential. Take it in to the shop in my town, they say the turbo line is leaking and it is a cheap part, lots of labor to get to it, however. The differential has metal shavings in it that were excessive. Try and do the first claim on the truck.

Inspector comes out few days later the following week, looks at the issues, submits to Royal admin, claims are denied (no surprise), since they were considered "pre-existing" prior to me owning the truck??!! What?? These were driveability and performance issues that would not let me drive very far to begin with and I drove it 700 miles on its first trip home! You have got to be kidding me! I was honestly not surprised by this, so I fork out the $600+ for the work and moved on with things. Fast forward to spring 2020 and the truck is starting to have performance issues, gas mpg decline, and a sever rattle on start-up.

I look up the symptoms and sure enough, it has been experienced before, "Great", I thought, another claim to be denied I bet. Bring it in to the Ford dealership to have them inspect it and risk paying out of my pocket for the diagnosis (dealership woes) if claim is denied, need more time, etc... Well needless to say an inspector comes out, tells them to measure oil pressure at start up (always going to be 0), worthless test, didn't hear the issue, etc... CLAIM DENIED. Call warranty company back, have to beg to get another inspector out and to LISTEN to the dealer about the issues, not just do a random test that would achieve nothing.

Second inspector comes out for the same issue (2-3 weeks in the shop at this point) and listens to the dealership, hears the issue, says, "Oh yeah, this is a known issue, I've seen this before, I'll report back to warranty company," also mentions why this hasn't been taken care of since it is a known issue?!?! Claim goes back to Royal admin..."I have it this time!" I think. Then they ask for service records, great! We're getting somewhere. I can see the writing on the wall, however, when my service adviser calls them and they say they never received any service records. I check my email, check the address, says "sent", so I re-send it again; never receiving confirmation from them, mind you.

Fast-forward 2 more weeks, I call the selling dealer; they route me to "that guy" (the one who is local who can "help" with their company claims). I have to listen to his rhetoric about how old he is, how long he's been doing this, how he used to be a mechanic, dealer, service adviser, worked for every dealership, blah, blah, blah... He then blames the dealer and says they are the ones holding this up, saying they have been lazy about calling, whatever. I get it, man, your job is to ensure that your company doesn't have to pay out, I imagine you get bonuses for every "blocked" claim!!! At this point I'm exhausted from all the calls, the constant checking in, the time, MY time, I haven't had my truck in over a darn month!! This is absurd.

Service adviser calls back the other day (end of March 2020 now) and says CLAIM DENIED, because there was no check engine light.... Words cannot begin to describe my frustration at this point. I am now dealing with the dealer to get whatever money back I can on this, so that I can pay for a $2500 repair on my truck. TLDR (Too long, didn't read): 3 CLAIMS DENIED, fine print will kill you, most of them say "TSBs not covered" (for reference a TSB is just an approved method of doing a repair consistently, nothing more), even when you have ALL the right documents and proof, they always will find a way to weasel out of it. After all, that is the point of their business--to literally DENY as many claims as possible. Save up your money for when a repair is actually needed, do your PM (preventative maintenance).

Resolution response: Feb. 27, 2020

Was able to get my case moved up to management for review and looks like they are going to accept charges.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Declined warranty stating Carfax report of services rendered was not sufficient. Wanted invoices directly from service provider. Service provider changed computer systems so could not produce invoices, so had provider send email to warranty company confirming services. Royal would not accept. Cost me $4100 in repairs that were covered in warranty contract. Business should be shut down.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

SCAM COMPANY!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I have purchased two Royal extended warranties on my vehicle; the first then a renewal when the first expired. The present warranty expires 2/17/2020 or 243,217 miles. A month ago I started having transmission problems like delayed and rough shifting and going in and out of overdrive. Whatever the problem was it was causing the "Service Engine Soon" light to come on. I brought it to my dealership for evaluation and was told I needed a new transmission. My dealer called Royal to submit a claim.

Today a Royal agent called telling me that my claim was denied. The reason given was that I didn't have my transmission serviced every 30k miles. My owner's manual shows recommended transmission service at 150k miles. I contacted my dealer asking for them to check their records to see if they performed the 150k service. I was told that I had a minor transmission repair at 67k miles that included a fluid and filter change. My service advisor stated that I didn't need transmission service for another 150k miles. My vehicle has about 196k miles so I wouldn't need transmission service until 217k miles.

Today I called Royal to discuss the issue. The first agent I spoke to took a little info then said they needed the 150k service receipt. I tried to explain and was in mid-sentence when another agent came on. I was actually transferred back in queue. This agent told me that my vehicle manual shows that the transmission was to be serviced at 150k miles period! Even if it was serviced at 149,900 miles it would have to have been serviced again at exactly 150k miles to be covered. I guess one would have to drive their vehicle till the odometer hit exactly 150k miles then have it transported to the dealership making sure it didn't run to 150,001 miles.

Folks, this is how these scam companies work. The agent's main job function is to deny claims. It doesn't matter that the manufacturer recommends service after 150k miles of operation. Common sense dictates that if it was serviced before the 150k miles that would extend it to a higher mileage. BUYER BEWARE! After spending around $6,000 in extended warranty premiums I get denied on this. My total compensation on repairs during the life of the TWO warranties was $88.76. From now on I'll take my chances after my factory warranty expires.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I’ve never had a positive experienced. 5 claims, 4 denials. The claim that was paid was so cheap the shop ate the difference in cost to be NICE to me. This Scam company spews they're trained in lines, speak over you and just repeat repeat. The girl even YAWNED on phone while talking to me. When asked for manager said all gone home. They don’t cover anything with their fine lines and hidden lingo. Had transmission looked at 120k miles by shop. Didn’t need repairs then failed and claim denied even though I have had shop look and maintain and checked fluids, drove and looked at prior! Their policy is take your $ and deny every claim Possible. It Ruins lives! We pay $4-$5k for warranties just to have them deny you. Do not ever buy a warranty from them!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Purchased warranty when I purchased my truck on 10/05/2019. Warranty stated it would cover all lubricated parts in internal engine. Engine stated coding engine - misfire on cylinder #2 and #4. Replaced spark plugs, plug wires, coil pack, and swapped injector from firing cylinder and still misfire code. Ran compression test and low compression was confirmed on both cylinders. Contacted so called warranty to file claim after taking truck to Ford Dealer service department. Warranty company sent inspector to investigate and diagnosis was confirmed. 100 percent loss cylinder 2 and 80 percent cylinder 4. Findings were sent to warranty company for review. In 2 days was told engine must be disassembled to expose both cylinders malfunction.

I was also told that I would be responsible for all tear down cost. Engine was disassembled and bent valve was determined to be engine component failure on cylinder 2 and determined it also had cylinder damage also. Also all other valves were not seating properly also. Once again inspector was dispatched to inspect. Mechanics at Ford service had already recommended that long block was what it would take to repair properly. Warranty inspector only recommended replacing heads and stated if repair failed, don’t worry I had a warranty just bring back for repairs. Once again info returned for review. 2 days later I was called by warranty company and was told that my engine was not covered and I would be responsible for all repairs. Did I mention clowns and circus, but I’m not amused at all.

When I purchased warranty I was assured that it would cover any engine failures. No worries they stated! So now My costs will be $3800 dollars and warranty $0. Did I mention $1890 wasted on worthless warranty! People are doing time in jail for lesser robberies and I believe if justice was served this warranty company should be too! Lies, lies, and more lies! How do people take hard working peoples money under false pretenses and stay in business?

Anyways at start of this review I was asked to pick stars to show this so called business’s rating. No stars wouldn’t begin to express my discuss. This company is a lot of things, but auto warranty would not be one of them! Wish I had had a chance to read the reviews before purchasing! From what I have read this is not the first time they have robbed somebody! If anyone reads this, please help me and all the many other violated people obtain justice! Warranty company my foot! Worthless clown show yes! So if you want to get screwed, this is the company for you! Don’t warranty anything all lies!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

This company is a scam! I asked to speak to my auditor and they asked why. I said because I've been without my car for over a week now. Dennis who answered was rude and over talked me. When I tried to explain he overtalked me and was rude. I asked for a supervisor. He said, "Why?" I said, "To discuss your behavior," and he laughed at me and was rude and then put me on an endless hold. This place is the worse. I wish I would've read earlier reviews.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

This company is bad as there is. We paid the full premium and when it was time to file a claim... big surprise they denied it. We were suppose to take a car in and it was to be taken apart until they came out and inspected it. Only problem is they were not going to come out for 5 days so that would be 6 days without a car. They don't pay for a rental car so my wife would be off work for 6 days. This place is a joke. They are plain jerks. PLEASE stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

First, the company lied to me to elicit my purchase of my extended warranty by assuring me they held my previous warranty, with which I was completely satisfied. They most certainly did not. The first claim I had was completely denied. I was suspicious at that point but it was kind of an odd claim, so I didn’t fuss. When my transmission went out, though I had my car serviced religiously when due, they refused to honor the warranty based on inaccurate information which they refused to correct.

I had the car dealership send all records of my services but the only response I could get was, “well when you get that document we need we will review the claim”. There was no document because there was no required service needed at that mileage for the year that my car was built and only pertained to more recent models. Though they could have easily found that information, they said, “Well, we already closed the case!”. Believe me! Their business is not the sort you’d like to bother with unless you like to throw thousands of dollars away. I’m fighting this as hard as I can and I hope all the other people who have been shanghai’d by this group will do the same. Royal Rip off is more appropriate!!

Royal Administration Services Company Information