Pittston, PA

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Diamond Warranty Corp Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Warranty Corp?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Warranty Corp?

Original review: July 28, 2016

We had our car taken into the mechanics to have it evaluated. They have been waiting for a response from this company. My husband finally got John on the line and was treated disrespectfully, being interrupted and talked down to. He then spoke with the manager Brian who HUNG UP ON HIM. They just don't want to pay for the necessary repairs. Now they won't answer their phones. We just got took for $1600. For a warranty that covers nothing. Now the mechanic won't release our car. WE ARE COMPLETELY SCREWED!!!

Original review: April 1, 2016

I had bought my car from a 3rd party certified dealer that recommended I get Diamond Warranty, and of course, after buying a used Mercedes Benz, I did not hesitate to buy the extended warranty. After 10 days of owning the car, something went wrong with the engine. Immediately, I took it to a shop to get it looked at. They contacted Diamond Warranty, and everything was covered from the ground up (according to the plan I chose). The people working at Diamond Warranty were all very nice and understanding! I had spoken to John and Gale. Both took me step by step as far as what I had to do, and how to proceed.

Everything was done in a timely manner. Gale had also informed me that my plan has a tow-service available in case my car wouldn't make the drive to the shop. She gave me the number, case number, and everything I needed without me even asking. I was worried about getting 3rd party warranty, but I am VERY happy with this company, and it makes me feel more at ease in case something else does go wrong later on down the road. 10/10!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I have no idea how a company like this even exist. They will take your money and run. Do not be reassured to buy from them for any reason. They will find a way to screw you. I am looking into a class action lawsuit against them now. I purchased a warranty through a used dealership with them. It has been nothing but a headache and hassle dealing with them. They will find a way to find you at fault. They break the contract severely. I am taking legal action against this company. They have screwed the wrong person this time. After fighting claims with them they just sent me a letter saying my warranty does not exist because I did not pay for it. Bull crap. I have multiple receipts and agreements where I paid the money. Save your money and better yet save your time and buy from someone who DOES NOT use this third party warranty crap.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

We started using Diamond Warranty and wrote our first warranty in September 2015. We have placed a 3 month free warranty on all cars sold since signing up with them. We had our first claim this week for a little over $1000. Diamond Warranty claims it is pre-existing. The claims adjuster went to the body shop to look at the car, took 2 pictures, and left. He never examined anything but stated it is pre-existing. We will never use this company again. And we just cancelled 8 contracts from the past 2 weeks. We would have been a good customer.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Filed a claim with Diamond Warranty which I found out the owners were fired from another warranty company, Guardian Warranty, which says a lot. Even though the car was only 4 years old and had less than 40,000 miles on it they said that it was preexisting and that they would not cover it. I wish the government could get involved with companies that are clearly scamming people out of their money.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

I have purchased 3 warranties with this company. I have for the first time had to put in for a claim. This is worst service I have ever received from any company. I have contacted them every step of the way to make sure I was following all the rules only to now be told those rules are now being changed. I now am being told I will have to pay more than you do to get my car back, plus I now have to pay for a rental even though you told me I would be covered. It has been 12 days since I first contacted them. When I called today, to try and get some answers as to when I can get my car taken care of, I got hung up on by your manager on duty. What kind of service is this?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

I had bought a 2006 F350 6.0 diesel engine and the Diamond Elite Plus Coverage on the same day. The first time that I had ever had the truck towed I was informed that they do not tow 1 ton trucks. My head gasket went out on my vehicle and had to go into the shop. To fix the head gasket on one of these trucks the body has to be removed. There is two other was either take a sledge and beat the firewall in or cut the firewall out of the truck. Either way, you at the least ruin the value of the truck. After my mechanic tore the truck apart and the inspector finally come out to take pictures, which I am not allowed to have copies of; this is their property not mine. I had to go get a loan for the parts of almost 6500.00. Diamond informed me that I am going to be reimbursed for 500.00 in parts and my mechanic will only be paid 1700.00. They informed him he only would get 1643.00.

The reason that this is all that they would pay is because (sup said he was a diesel mechanic and owned his own shop for forty years) that first off that my mechanic was trying to cheat me on the parts. That cab should have never been removed, and anything that wasn't bad and was taken apart wouldn't be replaced. That includes any and all gaskets if they were not bad before removed then they should have used to but it back together. The parts that are suppose to be covered eg. radiator was never authorized to be replaced even though it was on the estimate.

They also want only used oem or equivalent parts used never stated in my contract. They only pay for 50.00 for fluids. Between Oil, antifreeze, AC and transmission fluid you are looking at over 200.00. Their answer to that is they are not paying to maintain my vehicle. The Ford Dealer did not have anything nice to say about them and if I would have brought my vehicle there and tried to use that insurance I would have been told go some place else and do not come back without real insurance. Also after looking at my estimate they said that it was about right for parts but my mechanic was being cheated because they were not allowing enough hours and pay. Average Nationwide rate is 125.00 and they will only pay 63.00. Anyone that is interested in a class action lawsuit feel free to contact me.

UPDATED ON 09/24/2015: I have been refused to be given any paperwork on what they are actually paying for and the paperwork from the inspector. I was inform that I didn't need the paperwork and that was their paperwork and not mine. They will only allow $500 for parts. They will not fix certain things that had to be rebuilt or replaced (EGR, Turbo etc).

Mr. Bryan (supervisor at Diamond) informed me that the Radiator, Power Steering Pump, wiring harness would not be covered because they were not in the initial estimate. He informed me that he owned his own shop for 40 years and repaired Diesel trucks. He said that the cab did not have to come off the frame to repair the heads and gasket. He is correct on that in some respects there are two other methods used A. cut the fire wall out and then weld it back in place or B. they beat the fire wall back into the cab in order to get enough space to remove the last 3 head bolts. I did not like either of these options, ruins the value of the truck.

He also informed me that my mechanic lied about the cost of the parts and what was needed. Said that the Dealerships and mechanic shops always do this to get more money. I had already done my research and what Brian said had to be replaced was correct and the prices were all close to what I had found. Also said that they only pay for used, or remanufactured parts and only equivalent to OEM parts. There is nothing in the contract about this. They will not pay for anything that was not broke before it was taken apart eg. The thermostat was not faulty so there is no problem using the gasket when putting the motor back together. Since the AC was working before the body was removed which they did not authorize because in their opinion did not need to be done when there were two other ways to do this.

The things that were not covered by the contract had to be fixed or the truck would have ended in the shop again. They use AutoZone for their pricing. I have been on a lot of Ford forum sites and every one of them has said the same thing - do not use dealership parts to do the head job or use steel bolts for the heads the reason being that the design is bad. They only used 10 bolts per side and there is too much pressure for the bolts to take. My truck does not even have 100,000 miles on it yet and diesel engine should be able to go 300,000 before the engine is even broke in. My mechanic has been doing a lot of 6.0 ford trucks and they all basically have the same issues. The two women that were working on my case are Gail @ extension ** and Brie ** @ ext. **. Her email address is **.

Last note - I went to the Ford dealership and talked to them about the work that is being done. Other than they didn't allow enough hours for the work or pay the national pay scale for the labor they felt the bill for the parts was correct. They also informed me that Diamond is one of the warranty companies that they will not do work for. They also do not have anything nice to say about them. I had also contacted the attorney general which they were not able to help other than some correspondence with them which Diamond skirted the issue on them plus informed them that Bri did not work there anymore.

I signed the work order and faxed it in. My mechanic called to talk to them, was put on hold, hung up on repeatedly. Had his attorney call them and they called him back and informed him that they did not have the proper paperwork from him and that they didn't even have the estimate that he had supposedly sent in. I called on 23 Sept 2015 and was informed that his check and my check had been sent out, also found out that Bri still works there. Out of $6370.00 Loan to fix my vehicle they are only going to pay me 500 and some dollars and my mechanic $1200 and some if we actually receive the checks.

Original review: April 28, 2015

My car started having mechanical issues so I took it to the dealership hoping to get it fixed under the warranty. But they denied my coverage because the dealership didn't meet the labor or part rate for the car. I ended up paying out of my own pockets to get this car fixed and running again. I don't recommend Diamond Warranty Corp to anyone.

Original review: April 10, 2015

I purchased my 2005 BMW X5 in October 2013 along with the Diamond Warranty. January 2014, I started have problems, the brake light & engine light both went go on at the same time. Needed to replace - the brake lines broke, engine leaking oil, water pump all the hoses, both fans (AC & Heater), sunroof (which cost me $350 to just be able to keep it closed or $1200 to replace it). Now the electronic cluster is broken, which my mechanic just told me $1200 to fix!!! ALL OF THESE REPAIRS WERE NOT COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY! Also, I had to rent cars every time the car was being repaired, which was not covered either! They is the biggest scam I have ever seen. These people should be arrested and put in jail.

Original review: March 5, 2015

I have never in my life dealt with more dishonest people. I purchased a warranty through this company just as anyone else would to keep a safety net. A month after purchasing the vehicle, I started having problems. I took the vehicle to my mechanic and he fixed the problem. I paid out of pocket because it was not covered under warranty. (Go figure) About 10 months later it started up again. I took to my mechanic and he told me that he could not accurately diagnose the problem and to continue to drive, hoping the problem would show a code or present more evidence. The vehicle then broke down and we put back in the shop.

Diamond Warranty Corp's stance is that they are not responsible for the repair. They say, "due to maintenance failure was the result of the breakdown". This is all said before my mechanic has even taken anything apart. My mechanic believes it's an oil pump. The vehicle only has 50,000 miles on it. That is not maintenance. They will not cover you. This owner should be arrested just as if he stole from someone. They are crooks and thieves. There isn't much worse in the world. I am a patriot and I would never treat my own fellow Americans that way.

Diamond Warranty Corp Company Information