CARCHEX

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Concord Auto Protect

Concord Auto Protect Reviews

About CARCHEX

CARCHEX helps you purchase and maintain your car by offering various vehicle products, including extended auto warranties. Rather than offering its own plans, CARCHEX works with multiple third-party warranty providers. These vehicle service contracts cover repairs due to mechanical failures or malfunctions but not collisions. Plans also come with additional benefits like roadside assistance and towing.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Available in California
    • Partners with charities
    • Accepts high-mileage cars
    • Lower-cost plans available
    Cons
    • Doesn't cover exotic vehicles
    • Some contracts aren't renewable

CARCHEX Reviews

Stars Rating

• 62%
    • 18%
    • 6%
    • 4%
    • 10%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2015

The protection specialist from CARCHEX was good. I didn't talk to him but he just told me what was what. We'd recommend them. Everything went great except for the cost that is too much and we haven’t been out of town.

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2015

Too early to assess our experience with the warranty itself, but we had a very pleasant experience working with the sales representative and appreciate that he will be our point person as we move forward.

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2015

CARCHEX has been fine so far. I'll recommend it to a friend or family member.

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2015

I am not the original owner of the car I bought six months ago so the factory warranty doesn't cover me. I want to be protected so I got an extended coverage policy from CARCHEX. Their process was very easy and the girl who attended me was very kind and helped me on all my questions.

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2015

My vehicle's factory warranty expired so I had to get another one. CARCHEX had really good reviews and the ratings were good so I chose them over other extended coverage providers. Signing up and purchasing was very easy. They called me back and so far, everything went smoothly.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2015

I had a BMW extended warranty, and after it ended they were going to charge me a lot more than what CARCHEX asked for the same protection plan, so I went with the latter. I got a better deal and price with them, and their protection specialist was outstanding. However, the only dissatisfaction I had was more on the administrative side.

The packet that they sent me in paper format was tremendously large. I had to go to Staples, make it smaller, and laminate it so I could carry it in my wallet with my contract number, expiration date, and all the information instead of folding it, leaving it in the glove compartment somewhere, or losing it. I wish I’d have a wallet sized card with all the info laminated to keep in my wallet. Other than that, I recommend them since having a protection plan is very valuable, and my cars have as much bumper to bumper with the best plan they can, especially when my deductible is $100. Nothing is guaranteed for life, but it’s a relief to know anything major that needs to be done is covered. I’m very happy.

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2015

My warranty went out and I got a 100,000 miles in my car. I'm a widow and I do a lot driving to visit family. I decided that I needed a little extra protection because I'm not ready to get another car. The protection specialist from CARCHEX was very nice, friendly, and helpful. It was a very easy process and I would recommend them to a friend.

Customer ServiceCoverageTechPrice

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2015

CARCHEX got an affordable price which I was able to pay off month to month. It also covers everything that I need it to cover. With CARCHEX, I didn't have to pay upfront like I do with a dealership. I didn't get ripped off, too. Their specialist was great and I have a direct number so if I need something, I can call him.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

The people at CARCHEX answered my questions and they were helpful and courteous. I'd recommend them.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

The last car I had was newer than the vehicle I have now and I know with older used vehicles you're gonna run into trouble. Right now, if anything was to happen to it, I'm not financially capable of paying for repairs so I decided to get an extended warranty. With CARCHEX it was easy. The protection specialist kept in touch with me until I can get everything squared away and get my payment. He was great and I like him. He assisted me in every way and if he couldn't, he told me where I needed to go.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

I got a letter stating that I need to redo my insurance before it runs outs so I ended up calling CARCHEX. Their specialists were great - explained everything clearly and told me what it was they could do. Having a protection plan for my vehicle is very valuable. Anything could go wrong at any moment and I need to be protected. I'd recommend CARCHEX.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

I don’t want to go without a coverage plan. I have known about CARCHEX through my sister and when I received their information, I called them. The guy that helped me was very helpful. I told them if he can wait and he did and called me back whenever I told him to. He helped me out through the whole process.

Customer ServiceCoverageTechPrice

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

I bought a new truck and wanted coverage for it. CARCHEX was highly rated as a coverage provider and they were very competitive in their pricing. It was easy to purchase my vehicle protection plan from them. Everybody there was very professional and courteous. They called back when they were supposed to call back and did exactly what they said they were going to do. Having a vehicle protection plan is very valuable, especially with the used vehicle. I have already recommended CARCHEX. I was impressed and it went well with them.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

I always buy used vehicles. If they are out of warranty, I always ensure that I get an aftermarket warranty. Having it in place makes me feel more secure if something should happen. I did a bit of research and CARCHEX was rated number 2 from consumer reports. Looking at what people had advised helped out a great deal in deciding between CARCHEX and 3 other companies that I was looking at. Purchasing the protection plan from therm was an easy and smooth process. The protection specialist was able to answer all the questions that I had and a few what-if scenarios and she was very open to getting me the information via email which I truly liked.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

Purchasing my Range Rover's vehicle protection plan from CARCHEX was an easy process. Their people were good and easy to talk to, knowledgeable in what I needed and wanted. I'd recommend them.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

Purchasing from CARCHEX was easy. Their protection specialists were very courteous. Right now, the protection plan is very valuable and I'd recommend them but if I have a breakdown and they don't cover it, then it's not gonna be worth it in the end because I've been paying them around $3,000 a month out of my own pocket.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

I purchased an extended warranty on my Tahoe recently. The experience was wonderful. The associate was kind and honest; exactly what I was hoping for. I greatly recommend this company for any warranty needs.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2015

Everything was really, really good with CARCHEX. I had no issues with them. The personnel were really nice and helpful. I do recommend CARCHEX.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2015

I knew I had to do something ‘cause by the time I pay the car off, I’m gonna be retiring. So I signed up with CARCHEX and everything went fine. The protection specialists were real nice.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2015

I received a letter from CARCHEX in the mail. I checked into it and they told me what they covered. I was also told they offer roadside assistance and rental car service if I need it in case something happened. I thought it's something I got to have because I got a vehicle that is 07. My truck's nice and is in a fairly good condition but mechanic work is going to be expensive. Purchasing the plan was easy. I was skeptical at first when the salesman wanted a credit card since I've never heard of this company but I went on ahead and did it. I'd recommend it.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2015

I got a CARCHEX extended coverage to have my car on the safe side. When I bought the protection plan, their rep was able to answer all my questions. However, he didn't get down to the coverage of the warranty. But other than that, the process was easy and I'd recommend them.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2015

We had over a hundred thousand miles already on our Escalade so I decided to get an extended coverage for it. I found CARCHEX online and it's been good so far. The sign-up process was really easy and Kevin, the man that I spoke to, was top-notch. I'm still waiting on the contract to come in.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2015

I couldn’t get a used car warranty through a dealer since it was bought from an individual so I got an extended coverage policy. I looked through the internet and CARCHEX seem to be the better one. The purchase process was easy and the protection specialist, Ian, was very pleasant. I knew exactly what I wanted and he was able to crank it up for me. I would recommend CARCHEX.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2015

I was really informed about this type of insurance. I will definitely recommend Carchex to my family and friends.

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2015

Considering the cost of repairs if anything were to go wrong with my truck is very expensive so a vehicle protection plan is very important. CARCHEX gave a decent deal and I took it. Their protection specialist is very helpful and I'd recommend them.

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2015

I bought a protection plan from CARCHEX because my warranty was getting ready to expire. Purchasing from them was a very easy experience. The specialist was great and was very professional. He gave me all the information I needed to know. I like that they also made it affordable unlike other warranty companies who want a big chunk down at first. With CARCHEX, I didn't have to come up with a lot of money upfront. I like that quality in the month to month basis, too. They did good. I'd recommend them.

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2015

I read and saw advertisements in the internet so I decided to get an extended coverage for my vehicle via CARCHEX. Everything went fine and it was easy purchasing the protection plan from them.

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2015

I had a ’97 Chevy Tahoe and at 18,000 miles, the alternator went out and at 36,000 the transmission went out. An extended coverage is definitely worth having. The dealer also recommended that we get an extended warranty before we even left the parking lot. I’ve replaced a number of parts on the truck already myself and it's easy maintenance but when it comes to transmission then that’s definitely something I need the extended warranty for.

So I did some research on the Internet and CARCHEX seemed to have higher reviews and remarks than many of the others. The sign-up process and everything was very smooth and very easy. I've not had any problem. Everything was explained to me and the packet has come in. I haven't had to use the extended warranty yet but I’ve already had one of these plans before on a previous vehicle and it was wonderful so I’d recommend CARCHEX to anybody.

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2015

My other warranty was up and I wanted to keep the car for a few more years, so I thought an extended coverage would ease my mind if something happened. The CARCHEX sales rep who called me was very helpful and seemed very informative. He told me no matter where I am at, they can do it and I can take the car wherever I want as long as it's a certified mechanic. He also told me that he would be the one that would be servicing me all the time, which was a peace of mind. Having a protection plan is valuable for me because I travel by myself a lot and I change cars every four to five years. My car is four years old and I got a granddaughter who says she needs a car in a few years. I thought I'll save this for them that's why I got the plan and maybe it would take it through when they would need it and won't be as expensive a car to insure for them.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2015

Having a vehicle protection plan is valuable to me because my car is getting older. It gives me comfort to know that if something major were to happen, I have some help with getting it taken care of. With the Better Business Bureau rating that CARCHEX has, it made a huge difference in selecting them. Purchasing their protection plan was so easy and the customer service representative that I spoke with was phenomenal, wonderful and explained everything clearly. He said he would send out information and he did. It was a great experience and would recommend them. As a matter of fact, I’ve talked to some friends about it.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2015

I've run through everything with CARCHEX and there's no question whatsoever - it's all good to go. I'd recommend them and when my wife gets another car, I'm getting another warranty through them as well.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2015

I like to buy 1-3 year-old vehicles and I'd buy a comprehensive warranty in case something happens and the factory warranty's already out. I save a third on the car and spend a few thousand for peace of mind because there are a lot of potentially expensive things that can happen. Purchasing the protection plan from Carchex was very easy and straightforward. The specialist I spoke with was very professional and informative but wasn't pushy. It was a good experience and I'll be back next time I buy another car.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2015

I've had CARCHEX for five years and am ecstatic with their service. I did some research on the internet because I know people who’ve had some horrible experiences with their aftermarket warranty. I was ecstatic on the fact that I was able to get a bumper-to-bumper warranty on my used three-year-old BMW. I didn’t need it until late last fall when all of a sudden my car started dropping oil leaks and the window regulator started failing. Then Anthony called me since he was aware that my current warranty was set to expire and asked me if I wanted to extend it. I didn’t want to go without a warranty, so I ended up renewing for another three years. Another selling component was how pleasant Anthony was. We spoke like we were best friends. I told him exactly what we were looking at and potentially with trading the car in, and he stayed patient but persistent and not wanting to push on me. I will recommend CARCHEX.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2015

I didn't know anything about CARCHEX until they sent me a brochure in the mail, and I needed some extended warranty so I called. The protection specialist I spoke with was very good and helpful. I didn't know what it did cover and he went over that. I was supposed to take my car for an energy check but he told me to wait until my 30 days so I can take it in and I don't have to pay. That helped out a lot. I'd recommend CARCHEX. In fact, I talked to my friend and she said she's going to get it.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2015

The guy was very nice and answer all my questions and gave me everything I was asking for.

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2015

CARCHEX is very professional and easy to get through. I bought my vehicle three years ago. When the regular guarantee had gone out, the logical thing was to get an extended warranty and I got Carchex. I got the price and it was agreeable and we put it on the credit card.

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2015

Katie was a great representative. She followed up with me and kept her word. She made me feel at ease.

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2015

I got CARCHEX because they assured that the warranty would get on my vehicle and if anything happens to it, it'd be covered. Their actual protection plan seemed easy and the protection specialist were professional. All I had to do is give them my information and pay. I hope everything's legit since I haven't looked at it and still waiting on the packet. So far with what I went through, I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2015

My vehicle was coming off factory warranty so I got an extended coverage from CARCHEX. I got a better deal going direct to CARCHEX rather than through the dealership. And purchasing the protection plan from them was an easy process to get through. Having a protection plan is very valuable and I'd recommend CARCHEX.

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2015

Though I have a very good working car and I've had no trouble with it, having a vehicle protection plan is very valuable. My car has 107,000 miles on it, so I want to be sure that it's covered. And since I'm on a fixed income, I can't be paying big, exuberant prices to get something done. When I got a card in the mail that said that my extended warranty has expired, I called CARCHEX. Then, their rep called me and I was told that warranty would be $108 a month and the coverage would take effect as soon as I pay the first premium. So overall, the process of getting the plan was easy and I'd recommend CARCHEX.

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2015

I bought CARCHEX extended warranty for a used car I just bought. It was easy to make the purchase and their protection specialist was nice. I would recommend them to a friend.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2015

I have my last new vehicle and I'm an older person. I decided that it was important to have some additional protection on my vehicle in case the warranty ran out. Buying the protection plan from CARCHEX was easy. I don't make a decision quickly on things, so I have to study it and their protection specialist was knowledgeable and very friendly. I told him that I wasn't going to make a decision the first time we spoke together and he called me back, and we set it up. I hope I won't need the protection plan but if I do, then it will be very helpful.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2015

I took my car in 2 weeks ago. The car was diagnosed with a bad starter. Carchex said they had to send the shop a rebuild starter. After waiting 8 days they finally got the starter and replaced it. I picked up the car last Tuesday and started it Wednesday to go to work, the exact same thing was happening. I called the shop and they told me to bring the car back. Again they diagnosed a bad starter. So here we go again trying to get approval from Carchex. They did not call back Friday and now closed for a long weekend. So today back on the phone. After speaking with several people the last person promised me she would call me back today! Guess what it's 6:30 no phone call. This is not what they promised me when they sold me the warranty. I have taken off work 3 days. No car for 15 days now. This is ridiculous. I'm more than mad! Looking into my next step.