2. Travel

American Airlines Reviews

3.5/5 (1792 ratings)

About American Airlines Reviews

American Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Airlines?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

AA5962 boarding at 5:15 pm from PHX to OAK. Group 1-5 (first class) boarded and had to lined up to get into the airplane, after 5 mins into the walkway we were told that we had to give our carryon to the ground crew due to oversize. The same carryon had no issue on my way out, all the sudden the carryon is oversized but not at the check in time but after boarding. After 10 mins the pilot came out and informed us that we all had to turn around back to the gate again because one of the flight attendant had not showed up to work. The gate agent then apologized. They had to call another flight attendant in and they have to do paperwork to reflect all the changes.

At 5:55pm the fill in flight attendant came and got a round of applause. Like many other travelers, our schedule was messed up. This problem is not weather related, and can be addressed if there is a standard operational procedures. The pilot was competent and the flight attendants who showed up to work were helpful. As a big airline company, they should know better and perform accordingly! Our lesson learned - not to fly American Airline if we can avoid it. Lesson learned. "NEVER fly American Airline if you can avoid".

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Worse worse worse worse airline. Bunch of thieves are running the business. Worse customer service, worse planes, lazy employees, corrupted managers, corrupted curbside employees, please take out the American from your company name. And make it ** Airlines. Worse experience using your airline, I won't even recommend your airline to my enemy. This is how bad you guys are. Please go out of business already.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I understand that these places just want to make money.. But they have no interest in helping you out if you need to cancel a trip. I would of been fine with a credit, but apparently a $300 worth of a ticket has no value and can’t be credited or refunded. I would understand more if it was like the same month but I’m canceling well ahead of time. And nothing can be done.. like things happen and plans change all the time, y’all need to do better by your customers.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Not long ago I was solicited to apply for an American Airlines Credit Card with a 60,000 point bonus if I charged $3000 in three months- which I did. I asked the telephone salesman that he was sure that I qualified on a RECORDED LINE and he assured me as he ran through the details that I was qualified. I waited for my bonus points to post and they never did. I called and was told it was because not enough time had passed since I had the card but was never told that.

Had I waited three more months I would have received the points and had I known, I would have waited since I really only took the card for the bonus points. After calling persistently, I was told that the points would be added to my account but never did. Why do they record the conversation? Not to see if they did something wrong- obviously.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

American Airlines doesn’t care. They delayed my flight, made me miss my connector, put me up in a lousy hotel with a $12 voucher for not one but two days. The customer service representative was surly and sarcastic and had no compassion for our situation. Definitely the worst experience I ever had. Would not wish flying with American Airlines Pm my worst enemy. The customer service representative said it was the CEO's fault, something about being in charge of US air when they merged and they are driving American Airlines into the ground just like they drove US air into the ground. You know the company is bad when even the employees are saying terrible things about it. If you want to spoil a trip or a vacation, just book it on American Airlines. If you call to complain, they will just tell you to go online and file a complaint. So, basically you are stuck. There are so many airlines that care about their travelers, American Airlines is not one of them.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

American Airlines will not make any attempt to cover lost baggage! They are the #1 airline with lost baggage claims. Do not fly with them if you value your belongings!!!! They lost my bag on a flight from Nashville to Miami in July. After months of time spent filling out questionnaires and sitting on hold they refused to provide any compensation.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I had a 10:40pm flight out of San Diego. The flight attendant was late, and so the flight had to be cancelled (after we were already on the plane). The next flight wasn't until 3pm the following day. As we were being kicked off the flight, they told us they would pay for our hotel for the night (since there were no more flights). I went to my hotel, and booked a flight with Southwest airlines at 10am the next morning so I could get back when I needed to. After contacting American Airlines, they said since I did not book my replacement flight with them, they wouldn't cover my hotel room. I expect cancellations and delays with airlines, but when their mistake greatly inconveniences their customers, I would expect them to go above and beyond in taking care of them. I will not be flying American Airlines again, and neither will any of my employees.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I am writing to address the HORRIBLE customer service experience I received while flying with American Airlines this week. I was in the last boarding group, in fact, I was going to be the last person to board the aircraft. I was told that I must check my carry on luggage so I politely asked the customer service agent at the desk if she would mind if she or I could check with the FA just before I board if there is still room at the back (as there usually is, since the CSA's start checking luggage before it's all full so they don't have to have anyone walking back off against traffic with their luggage that wont fit- see I get it?).

I explained to her quickly and subtly that I was flying home for a funeral and the belongings in my carry on bag were both very valuable and very important, and because American Airlines has lost my luggage before I was not very uncomfortable checking it for a flight that has a short layover/connection - especially since your flight was already leaving delayed. She very loudly told me 'no' and tried to grab my bag from me right then and there to take it at the top of the jet bridge, I again asked if I could please just double check with the FA's... She then turned to no one particular and said "MAYBE WE NEED TO PUT HER ON THE NEXT FLIGHT. SHE IS REFUSING TO CHECK HER BAG" ...

There we no other nearby employees for her to be specifically speaking to, but I was very close in line with other passengers. The comment was meant to publicly shame and humiliate me. It worked because I did not bother waiting to ask the FA's. Once on board there was SO MUCH overhead space that six of the girls ahead of me, traveling for a sports event, put their large personal bags in the remaining overhead space. The employees are obviously unhappy and lack empathy. I travel VERY often and am aware how airline policies work and where and how minor exceptions can be made in the customer service world.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I am a US service member and Izzy is my service dog. It was in the requirements that food and water was to be tapped to the top of the kennel before transport and that she would be fed in a layover and that she can be tracked on their website as well. I was trying to track my dog the whole day and her tracker was not being used so I could see where she was. I called the number to figure out where my service dog was and they lost my dog in route and could not figure out where she was for over a hour and a half. All they could tell me is that they can call different places to find her. My mother who was picking up my dog messaged me saying she now had my Izzy but she wasn't in the animal cargo pick up area and that she was in baggage claim. My mom then informed me that there is still food and water tapped to the top of her kennel.

My dog was in American Airlines Cargo's care for over 12 hrs and even with written instructions tapped to her kennel to be fed when she landed in O'hare during the layover. When I informed the people on the other end trying to find my dog they told me she was on 3 different flights at the same time and could not figure out which one she was on and they were going to let me know, but was not listening to me telling them my mom now has the dog while the airline was still telling me over and over that she will be landing in the next 15-45 min.

I asked to speak to a manager she was telling me the same thing that my dog was still in the air. I repeated myself multiple times of my mom having my dog and she was not fed and watered while in the layover. Izzy my poor service dog was panting very heavy for being dehydrated due to the neglect on American Airlines cargo. I was then told all I can do is email a claim to American Airlines cargo and hopefully someone will get back to me.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I was granted with free flight! From the world best Airline in the whole wide world! In my opinion my name is Amancio ** I have nothing bad about American Airlines is just the perfection. I am so happy they get up after 9/11! Blessings for American Airlines!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I booked a flight to see my son for thanksgiving at Sheppard AFB, when I went to see the flight info I saw that the return fight is wrong, why would I book a 3 hour fight hat would take me 13 hours to get home?? When I called customer service the rep was beyond rude to me and demanded that I pay over $300 to correct my ticket. When I explained that I know this is not the return flight she told me, "Well you obviously didn’t look at what you were booking when you did it". When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she too was rude, kept cutting me off and told me that it was my fault and that I would have to pay over $300 to fix something that is not my error. I offered to pay a portion and she refused. DON’T fly American. They will take advantage of you at any chance!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

American and Marriott Bonvoy are running a scam where they get you to cash in Marriott points for AAdvantage points by offering a 5000 mile bonus. The exchange rate is horrible...don't do it! I lost 45,000 points by responding to the offer and wanted to cancel immediately and they won't cancel. They keep referring to their fine print. What a classless way to handle a long time customer of over 30 years.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I just returned from flying Huntsville Alabama to Fairbanks Alaska roundtrip over a week long span. I haven’t flown American Airlines in over 15 years. What I noticed, surprised me. After paying almost $1500 for a ticket booked well in advance, I was charged to check my one small bag. I received no meal on any of the flights and by the time the stewardess got to me, she was sold out of most meals to purchase. When I spoke to an AA rep on the phone, he told me my flight had been delayed. I was traveling with colleagues and was able to disbelieve him and went to the airport anyway to check in. The flight was on schedule.

AA sent me an email the morning I was to travel back to Huntsville saying my flight out of Seattle was delayed which would cause me to miss my flight for Huntsville in Dallas. They wanted to reroute me through another town to come in the next day. I fought to get put on an earlier AA flight from Seattle to Dallas. I was begging at the gate and finally the third AA person I talked to Keeran (gate D8 in Seattle in 10/25 at noon) worked hard to get me on the flight. She had minutes, her machine kept freezing on her and she enlisted her colleague to continue entering my info into the computer while she worked on hers. She even corrected another colleague to send my bag to Huntsville which arrived on schedule. So I would say with the exception of Keeran and the pilots my experience with AA was poor. I’ll probably fly Delta next time.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

After multiple delays due to weather, my flight remains delayed due to “no flight attendant”. I’m shocked that I have waited 2 hours because of American Airlines’ inability to staff flights. Terrible customer service!!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

So, from the start we arrive at the Airport at 3:30 AM for a 5:20 AM flight. Not even getting to the gate and the flight is delayed until 6:15 AM, which is cutting it close since we had a connecting flight in Charleston, SC then on to Jamaica for our honeymoon. Mind you the plane is sitting at the gate this entire time. Then we hear through a radio that the next flight will be at 12:30 PM. AN ENTIRE FLIGHT was delayed until 12:30 PM because of "maintenance” but come to find out the plane had been given to another gate going to Philly. They get some customers on another plane to Charleston, but we are left stranded. We must leave the airport in a frustration knowing we are missing a day of our honeymoon that we have had planned for over a year.

Being upset and frustrated, we must claim our bags and go home after paying $60 for both of our bags earlier that morning. The flight we happened to get that went through Atlanta was the next morning. When arriving we again must pay another $60 dollars for both our bags again. WE arrived at 4:00 AM just to make sure we were at our gate and ready for any changes. Sitting for an entire morning SCARED that the airline you booked through could change at any moment with no care about their customers. The only reason I was relieved for my wife that is distraught is we finally got to fly DELTA to Atlanta. I have never had a problem with them, and this was my first experience with American, so I was not sure on what I was walking into. THAT IS JUST THE LEAVING TO GO ON OUR TRIP!!! NOW FOR THE RETURN WHICH WAS JUST AS TERRIBLE.

After finally enjoying a week in Jamaica we get on our flight to Philadelphia and have a connecting flight. We a little over an hour to get off the plane through customs and getting our bags back and checked. We arrive 20 minutes early to the airport and thinking with some relief that things might be going our way. Sure, were mistaken because we sat in the tarmac for almost 45 minutes. Now we are down to a half hour to get through customs grab our bags and get to our gate. There are other passengers trying to make the same flight that we meet at the baggage claim. We sprint through everything only to find out the connecting flight is in Terminal F, only to now know we are in Terminal A. We get the shuttle, which was a 5-minute ride. I sprint to the gate to hopefully have it still be loading. Upon arriving to the gate, the lady says sorry the gate is closed and the flight left early, or we would have made it.

Come to find out at least 15 people did not make that flight because they were on the same flight as us. So how do they not notice 15 empty seats and think that maybe something happened? So instead we must talk to customer service who their only options were flights the next day. Luckily for us we got an AM flight, but by now I was pretty convinced that would not happen. They tell us our options which were to sleep in the airport or get a hotel for the night. We decide to get a hotel like everyone else in the same situation, oh and American Airlines would not cover the hotel night because it was not a "maintenance" error or their fault.

I will not fly American Airlines for the lack of respect or concern they have for their customers and the first people to throw the company under the bus were the workers. All employees blamed the airline, which I understand because going through and reading these reviews makes me wish I would have researched more. Do not fly American Airlines. They will mess up and ruin your vacation.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I booked First class seats on August 13. 2019 from Anchorage Alaska to Corpus Christi, Texas. I later find out that American had not requested the first class voucher from Alaska Airlines on their flight from Anchorage to Seattle, only economy seats. This was verified by agents with Alaska Airlines. After continued calls to American Airlines to complain, and filing with the BBB, American has said I can drop the first class flight booking I did in August, and re-book with American doing all the flying on their planes for an additional 30,000 miles per ticket. What a rip off. A bait and switch on AAvantage's part, and now they want me to put out more for something I already paid for. Don't look for any deals from American, seems their ego can't see the reality of how poor they really are with customer service. They will screw you over when they can and find excuses for their lack of ethics.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I Paid more for flights for my family to have shorter flights and just one lay over from SLC Cancun via NC. It was a red eye flight. 3 hours before flight we were told that flight was delayed 2 hours due to inability for Airline to obtain a flight crew who had not worked too many hours already. This Put us missing our connecting flight. Airline told us that they would likely hold our flight since there were 17 people flying in our party. We had children, 2 elderly women with diabetes and dementia and one epileptic in our party. Nope. We left SLC at 2 am and missed our connecting flight in NC. They then Routed us to Mexico City and then on to Cancun. They ended up somehow voiding one of the children's tickets and when we got to Mexico City the staff could not figure out how he even got into the country and dealing with this almost made us miss our next flight and had to literally run through the airport to try to get it fixed.

All of This tripled the time to get there and doubled our stops. I also Paid for an upgrade which I lost due to the delay causing us to miss our connecting flight. It took us nearly 24 hours to get to our destination and friends of ours took cheaper Jet Blue which routes to NYC and they got there several 8 hour before us. We lost our reservation on our car because we were delayed and had to rent a van which was triple the cost. By the time we got to our resort we had been traveling 24 hours and the children and old people had only eaten minimally. Only slept about 3 hours in the last 36 hours.

The people at the ticketing desks were so very rude to us the whole time. We asked for food vouchers or something to help us with the burden but they said there was nothing they could do. We attempted to get upgrades for the flight home and they said that would be like giving us something for nothing. The supervisor was agruing with the flight attendant for 40 min so we could not speak to her before one of the last legs of the journey to upgrade. By the time we got her attention we were boarding and the empty seats had been given away.

They essentially robbed us and cost us $1000 by selling us a better flight that was taken from us and then lost reservation on car and an entire day at our resort and food for the family at the airport. Not to mention old people took 2 days to recover. All they said they could do is give is $100 vouchers for future fligts on thier airline. NO WAY. They want to rob me of more of my money. All I wanted was some food and any available upgrade in seating. NOPE! To make it all just a little worse, They also force you to listen to a flight attendant overhead to try to sell you a AA credit card for 10 minutes. Almost all the customer service I received was the worst and rudest I've ever received.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I can't honestly believe that these reviews are legitimate, the volume of issues I've had with American Airlines is astronomical compared any other airline I've ever been on. I fly 60~ times a year and American flights are the only ones I've ever had issues on. Their support has been consistently rude, useless, slow, and quick to point blame directly at American itself. I have no idea why I would ever book this airline given another option now or in the future.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

David LAX aa121. My son recently flew with a group on American Airlines. He boarded the plane and realized he left a book in the boarding area, with the gate agent's permission he ran out to get it. When he turned back around they had closed the boarding gate, all his luggage including his carry on and his jacket were on the plane but the gate agent refused to reopen the door, his group on the plane pointed out that he asked if he could go get his book. No one cared AND the plane sat on the tarmac for another 20 minutes before leaving the gate for departure, and no one in the boarding area was willing to assist this him on how he was going to get home. His group leader told the flight attendant they were stranding a 14 year old boy and pleaded with them to please let him off the plane if they were not going to allow my son to reboard but was told there was nothing they could do once the gate was closed.

When he called us we told him to go to the American ticket counter where they booked him in another flight. He went to the gate and waited for 5 hours scared to death to leave. He had not been given a seat and was told to see the gate agent when he arrived. Looking at his ticket she told him she didn’t see his name. He must be on standby. I asked to speak to her and she refused, I heard her saying she was too busy to talk to someone’s mommy. So I told him to stand there until everyone was boarded which he did. When I heard them saying all ticketed stand by passengers may now board I told him to get in line. When they went to scan his boarding pass he was told...he was at the wrong gate. Why didn’t the gate agent tell him that when she looked at his ticket.

The gate agent's response at that moment was “I hope you can run fast your plane is leaving soon (his phone was on I heard her say those words.). Fortunately he made it. Since his jacket had been left on the previous flight he asked if he could have a blanket and was told those were for first class passengers only. Never once was he offered an escort or assistance finding his way around LAX. He had $5.00 and his passport as an ID. We offered to buy him a flight on another airlines but the lady at the ticket counter assured us she would take care of him, but all she did was give him a boarding pass and point him in the direction of security.

This is not our first bad experience with American Airlines. As a frequent flyer I was a million miler with AA but the poor service and lack of consideration forced me to jump ship to Delta 10 years ago. I cringed when I heard the group was using American and will never allow one of my children to fly that airline again. I called American Airlines several times that night to get updates and ask how this could have happened. One woman told me she was not sure what kind of behavioral issues my child had but it must have been his fault. I was also told that American has a strict policy about not opening a boarding gate once it was closed. They did not care at all about what happened so I am doing the only thing I can do and posting this on public media so that people will think before using this airline that seems to care only about their bottom line and not about the well being or safety of their clients.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

My flight from Hawaii to JFK was canceled due to mechanical issues. We were grateful that they realized this before we boarded but this happened after we got to the airport checked in, checked in our luggage and waited for hours. When they canceled the flight there were 4 AA reps helping 300+ passengers. We were stranded for 1 1/2 days and were told by Stephanie and AA representative that we would be reimbursed for hotel, transportation and food. We just needed to submit receipts. We incurred approximately $1000. We were refunded 238.50. They said that was reasonable and "we should have read the fine print on the ticket when we purchased it. This is their Policy" Worst customer service ever. Worst overall caring for customer ever. I strongly advise flying anyone before American Airlines if possible. They clearly don't keep their word or care about their customers.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Let’s start with arriving at the gate on time, which I did. I was welcomed with a 30-minute delay, that’s fine. We then boarded and waited 30 more minutes. Then 30 more. Then 2 hours more. And guess what? The pilots said screw it and never showed up. After that, the next crew also said screw it. Then, the entire flight was cancelled. That’s not all though, I then received a hotel voucher with a hotel without a shuttle. Thanks American Airlines for not screwing me once but now twice by leaving me stranded. This airline needs to hurry up and go out of business again for good. What a crap company.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I had called to switch my flight, and was not happy about the $200 change fee on a flight 6 months out. The agent let me know the flight I was switching to was drastically cheaper and wouldn't need to pay the fee and would actually receive a $27 voucher. Pleasant surprise. Then was put on hold, and call disconnected. Interesting... Called back and spoke with a different agent and they said it was only now $27 cheaper and had to pay the $183 difference. Confused by how they operate, seems like one agent made a mistake and hung out to solve the issue. Terrible experience talking to their claims department as well. Why record calls if it doesn't help the customer? Would rather fly Spirit, at least they are honest.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Abhorrent customer service. Delayed out of Knoxville for no apparent reason. Watched in Charlotte airport for 15 minutes before gangway detached from airplane that was supposed to go to Pitt. Forced to stay in Charlotte but no compensation made for hotel or transportation citing “policy”. Rude, uncaring customer assistance. Manager not empowered to address anything and was uncaring and obstinate. Similar experience same evening for my wife but she was flying Delta - they took care of their customer. Simply put DON’T FLY AMERICAN!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Goodbye American! I've been a loyal customer of American Airlines for 30 plus years. We are just a very average, medium income family. We have used their credit card for years and have earned some amazing flights across the world. I do understand when I redeem those miles that seats are restricted and never complained. However, we always were seated together. Paying customers should get priority. Further, I do understand the very competitive nature of the airline industry. However, our latest experience is the last straw. I went to their site and booked our trip - not having a thought in my mind about seat assignments. Granted, it was my fault for not paying attention to the instructions, but I had done this several times in the past and didn't pay attention.

After I paid did I realize that the very basic function of seat assignments was denied us, because American is trying to squeeze every last dollar out of me! I discovered that I wouldn't be able to choose seats (if available) until 24 hours before the trip - and believe me, they're serious about 24 hours - to the minute!! No, enough is enough. I feel betrayed and humiliated by this company. I realize I'm an extremely small cog in this big machine, so I'll take our hard earned dollar elsewhere for future flights. Watch out consumer - the day is coming when American will add a fee for the potential oxygen usage of each passenger!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Our flight was delayed our night with no experience reimbursement after as it was domestic flight. We pay out of pocket for hotel, food, transportation, everything. I would never use American Airlines again!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I was warned about American Airlines (have advanced status on Delta but our company's travel agent suggested this flight) but did not realize how bad they could actually be. Today, plane left late, baggage lost, was told my bags would arrive in a couple of hours and be sent to my hotel. 10 pm no bags, although I have to give a presentation tomorrow. Was first told the problem file was closed because they had given my bag to a delivery company and it was no longer their responsibility. Then was told the company had not even picked up the bag yet. The phone agent clearly deals with a lot of American Airlines lost bags, since she was neither helpful nor pleasant. She said to go buy new clothes (after 10 at night??) since all I have are a tee shirt, top, and slacks. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

American Airlines refused to give me a credit when I had to cancel ticket due to my moms unexpected cancer diagnosis. They refused to work with my emergency situation even after hearing the emergency. American Airlines policy is not empathetic or sympathetic to real life situations that are beyond human control. I lost out of $200 that could have been used for another flight. American Airlines doesn’t care about people with cancer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I am writing regarding our canceled flight (714) on 09/27/2019 out of Philadelphia (PHL). My wife and I have planned this trip for over a year and a half. We were also taking my wife's parents on this trip. We had the worst experience ever with American Airlines staff. We arrived at the airport around 3PM for the 6:50PM flight. At 2:50PM we received a text that the flight was to depart at 6:50PM, then we received another text at 5:28PM stating it changed to 9:30PM, then it went to 10:30PM, then 11PM, 2AM, 2:30AM then that it was canceled.

At 11PM an AA staff member made an announcement. Stating that there was a mechanical issue and he wasn’t sure how long the repair would take but the pilots won’t work past 12 midnight. Then they later announced that everyone should go to a different gate where there will be an airplane and they will get a new flight crew. That sounded promising. Then we got the word around 12:02AM we got a text that the flight was canceled. So we then had to go get our bags, and pay for a ride home.

We never received any information that was helpful from the staff. No supervisors or managers were there. It was such a disgrace. My wife went onto her AA app and hit something that confirmed an alternate flight we didn't want. We asked the lady at the counter how to cancel what we accidentally did. She rolled her eyes and said beats me. Apparently, they had some food and water... I never saw that. Then one AA employee said “oh there are cots down there”. Cots. That's it... that's what the AA protocol is. I am livid as I write this. I can't believe in today's world that this is how AA treats their customers. People were crying, missing cruises, missing tours. People trying to get home. My wife, in-laws and I missed our tour.

So now it's our problem, we must rebook all the tours and reservation we had planned. So now we have to get another flight that is going to cost us more money. We booked this flight right when it became available (11 months ago) to get a good price and lock in our seats. We saved for a year and a half for this trip which so far has been nothing but a nightmare. I know AA doesn't care. You call them and they aren’t sympathetic at all. No compensation, nothing. We will never fly with them again. Maybe their CEO Doug Parker can step things up. Maybe when there’s a serious issue such as repairing a plane, you could have a supervisor on site to give people some answers. The entire situation was bad. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

14 women flew to Budapest to serve a non profit organization in Romania for a week. Upon departure, checking our bags at the ticket counter we found our flight going back to the US had been cancelled. The reason we were told was that the plane coming from the US had to turn back due to mechanical difficulty. That would have been a minimum of 13 hours prior to our departure. We weren’t notified, there was no back up plan. We were stranded. Mothers needing to get home to babies, business women needing to make an appearance, one person was ill, all exhausted and NO PLAN from the airlines!

Eventually they sent us scrambling with all our luggage to a hotel and said Lufthansa would take care of us.... They were lying. American dumped us on them. There were no confirmed seats. Lufthansa did eventually take care of us but some of our group didn’t get home for 48 hours. American you should be ashamed! You showed no regard for your paying passengers. I recommend to any traveler check all other options first. Good luck.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I travel regularly for my job. Have been using American Airlines almost exclusively for the better part of the last three years now. What was once a pleasant travel experience has become wrought with delays and cancellations. Even when I know it wasn't weather they claim it is. Rebooked flights are not in the same class as the original direct flights become several hour one stop layovers.

Nothing is ever offered in response to my complaints. Now I had to adjust travel dates for trip booked on reward miles. Was forced to cancel my reservation completely to do so and will have to pay to have my miles reinstated. If you email them they will get back to in 10, yes TEN business days. I will no longer be doing business with American unless there is absolutely no other option and have informed my company as well.

American Airlines Company Information