1.29/5
Based on 208 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

217 Zynga Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Have played this "game" for a couple years now including up and over 125,000 hands. As soon as I get play money accumulated, I lose mostly against computer Bots, not other players... This definitely is not "fair" play, it is rigged so obvious... Once they get you hooked... I cannot speak from experience, but the algorithm for the game is to maximize profit. As I say anything but "fair" play.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Not only does the game encourage players to cheat by selling them ways to cheat (see card still out), if you win enough that you don't have to spend $, they do everything they can to force you to lose it. When that doesn't work, your winning disappear. Today, I went in with $8.8 million, created my own table at $5,000, and walked away with $12,000 on the Spades table. Gin is about the same - the same player gets dealt a gin hand in a couple of draws while the other gets nothing. And if the wrong player gets ahead, the connection gets lost.

Updated on 08/13/2018: In continued communication with Zynga about my missing $8 million, they now try to tell me I was hacked and someone else signed on in my name. That's not possible since, if you are signed in on one device and try to sign in again from another, one of the two gets booted. I was playing when my $8 million disappeared, so no one hacked me. They are dishonest.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have been playing Zynga since 2010 or 2012, don't remember. Today, they forced a new style where everything is different in betting and getting on tables, etc. Last week, I finally hit one billion in chips. Hooray. it was great. Also, about that time, they wanted me to change to their new upload. I did not do it, but today, it automatically came up. Well, Thanks for NOTHING. It was not broken. Why fix it? You didn't. Also, there was some dinky thing to make me accept their way to take winnings from me by some hand information tool and a very ambiguous way to opt out of it. Well, whoever came up with this new crap... hope you get fired.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have had so many issues with Zynga and the support is horrible! Once in a while I would get things corrected when I emailed support but never got an actual reply. The past month I have had many issues but nothing corrected and no replies. I pay 20 $ a month for a vip benefit but the past month or so I did not always receive my weekly items and the monthly crate I never received even though they took my money! I have tried email support and got nowhere. I tried the only phone # I saw which was for billing but they did nothing. They did not give a different phone # or anything helpful...Again I got nowhere... So they take my money and do not give me what I pay for and I have no other way to contact... What kind of business takes your money but has zero support??? I want my money back but can not do anything!!

Original review: June 2, 2018

Words With Friends - Twice I have gotten suckered into purchasing swap plus coins with ones I've earned by playing their announced games. I never received the coins I purchased. When I went to their contact us page, it said they would notify the programmers, but that no one would contact me from customer service. What kind of business does this?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zynga?

Original review: April 23, 2018

This site has continuously taken my money and cheated me out of my winnings. I will a tournament and no money posts. Customer service is nonexistent. There are also many people on the site that cheat. They see your hole cards and admit it. What is the purpose of cheating with play money?

Original review: April 9, 2018

There are so many cheat hack users on Zynga's Texas Hold 'Em that is impossible to play. These cheaters can see your whole cards and know what cards are going to be laid down on table beforehand. Do not buy chips from Zynga, it's a waste of money. Most the cheaters are from a foreign country to which Zynga is based there also. False advertisement of certified for fair gameplay is a downright lie and legal actions should be taken as people spend money to purchase chips and get ripped off from zynga and the cheaters.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Zynga company involved in unfair and potentially fraudulent activities against consumers. The game in question is Empires and Alliances. The highest level for players right now is level 28. I have 3 accounts in this game. The newest account is only 2 months old and yesterday I have upgraded my headquarters to level 20, which is in the middle of power. What Zynga have done, they are put this account against level 28 players ONLY. Which makes me impossible to retaliate or attack.

When contacted Zynga, the basic answer from customer support (Mr. **) was to spend cash, upgrade to the top and only then to begin enjoying the game.

This is unbelievable! I have never heard anything more unfair ever. I understand that some insensitive and toys do cost money. But put my "baby" account against monster accounts with level 28... so you would understand this in plain English, it's like bringing a knife to a gunfight. Even worse. I'd be delighted to tell the entire story to anyone. To the press, TV, radio, etc. I truly believe that Zynga must be investigated on the very top level not limited to the FBI, as a very possible money laundering from Arab countries seems logical in many game aspects. I believe my report is a whistle and the attention must be taken.

Original review: April 1, 2018 So the game I paid is discontinued. I asked for money back, here is what they said: "We won't be able to process your refund as per our Terms of Service, which can be accessed here: https://www.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service. Please refer to section 9. Payment Terms for more information. Regards, Maurice **.

Zynga Player Support"

Original review: March 29, 2018

I've only been playing a month. I was offered 800k in chips for $2.99 and I made the purchase. I liked the Sit N Go tables since I was winning bigger and there are some real idiots that go all in with junk. Started playing the $250k buy ins and then the $1M buy ins and kept winning. I play poker with friends and I'm just okay, but I was getting incredible hands and that with being aggressive was making me millions.

Zynga kept sending me these annoying pop ups asking me to review Zynga. I kept hitting; "remind me later." One day I finally rated them, gave them 5 stars, because I was having fun. The very next day, I kid you not, all my hands start coming in 4/5, Q/3, K/2, J/5 and so on. I've been playing 4 days straight and all my hands are complete garbage, I fold most hands.

It may seem like their systems are rigged and they probably do have algorithms that play on psychology of people to encourage them to spend more, but unless you can weigh in what this form of entertainment is worth to you, then you can either choose to walk away or continue to play. The house always has the advantage, so if you cannot live with that, then walk away. Zynga investors are spending their money to get more money from users. Bugging me for a review and getting it makes them money. I realize that something fishy is afoot here, and even though I have $12M in the bank, I'm going to delete the app and try to find something that is more fair play. I won't lose sleep or spend thousands of hours and $$ on something that is making me unhappy.

Original review: March 29, 2018

This merchant charged my card 59 times in one month. 16 times in one day. My bank gave me a tentative credit more than $6,300. Then Google Play reverses the dispute and takes my money back. It took a while to finally get a telephone number. They do not have it listed on their website. Nor an email address. The person I spoke to just keeps repeating your online ID. No matter what your complaint is they will purposely lead you away with pretending niceties. This is a major ripoff scam. Now my business account is negative. I have written a certified letter. Very little faith I will receive a reply, let alone crediting my card back.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I've played Zynga quite some time now and I've noticed after I buy chips I start out winning a few hands and then after a while I can't win a single hand! I mean it doesn't matter how good my hand is the other guys is better! I truly believe it's rigged to make you lose so you have to keep buying chips. It doesn't matter if it's jump, tournament or Holdem tables, I lose. I understand you can't win every hand but it's plainly obvious what they're doing.

Original review: March 22, 2018 This game is not a game to invest money into. In fact I have seen some really crooked game play. Low players winning every hand. High players losing all hands.

Looks to me like the fair play act is just that... an act. Once you start spending money, they make sure to make you spend more. If you're new, tour golden... you’ll win, win, win... then lose it all, then you spend... then you win a bit, then you lose. Once you're a slender, it’s over with. All bingo, no skill and no fair play act... game is a scam. DON'T SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME! 1000.00 lost and no gain, and I play well. Trust me on this, hater will say what they want... but I have screenshots of dozens of hands AA, KK, JJ, same player 8 in a row... then flush out. Then straight out... all one above me. Game is a total scam.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I just wanted to warn everyone that Zynga's shipping licenses on Farmville 1 are a complete rip-off! The sole purpose of purchasing these ridiculously expensive shipping licenses is to allow the farmer to move items between farms. I personally paid 250 farm cash for the license from "Enchanted Glen" and it literally moves nothing! All items associated with this farm are considered "farm specific". How crazy and crooked are these people? If they are going to charge people for a service, then the service should be provided. For that amount of money, I should be able to move literally anything I want! So disappointed!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Zynga charged my credit card for items I did not purchase. Zynga’s billing department tried everything to keep my money, but I would not relent. This is the same company who hired locals to get millions of dollars in tax breaks then turned around and laid off those same 550 people. Now Zynga is trying to steal money from the citizens of San Francisco by slamming customer credit cards with fraudulent charges. Check your statements. You may be next.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Rigged Scam Spades Plus - Don't make the mistake of purchasing chips. You will regret it. This game deliberately gives you a bad hand. The mere fact that you can't see your cards til it's your bid shows you just how rigged it is. A real spade game lets you see your hands as soon as you get the cards. If they did that, they wouldn't be able to screw you. The game only lets you see your cards after the computer gives you a hand that guarantees a loss. I can't wait until these scumbags get sued.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I have been playing on Zynga for years through Facebook. I have bought chips multiple times. I never had any complaints about the site, UNTIL I sent an email to their support letting them know that when I left a poker room my chips did NOT come with me. I started the evening with 288,000,000 and I took 100,000,000 into a room with me. I left with 152,000,000...meaning I left with 52,000,000 more chips than I initially went in with. Upon leaving the room, my balance was 188,000,000. They are refusing to correct their error. I will NEVER play on that site again! Ripoff!

Original review: March 3, 2018

They intentionally modify fair algorithms so they can control when one wins. They do this for all their games. It is easily proven. For example, in their Words With Friends solo play games, when after the first two games they start charging to play rather than wait several hours to play, they control when you win. Proof? I used a cheat after getting to one of their very hard opponents. First, I've long noticed they don't properly randomize the words. I would swap, get all vowels, swap again, get all consonants, swap again and maybe get one vowel, and this would generally occur. This has happened for over two years. I am a programmer for 25 years and a mathematician, I know a bit about RNG and it is too consistent to be random.

So, on the hard opponent it would get 50+ points every time it played except the rare case of 20ish which is almost always the first and last play. I would use the cheat site which would give the best word for the board on my side. The words almost always are 30ish points, sometimes 50... but the computer always has better words. What does this mean? It means that their AI does not draw random tiles but gets to choose how many points it needs to win, based on some likelihood estimate to win so many games (e.g., you have to generally play 100 games to win). It also generally gives you the lower point tiles (most of the hands are 1 value tiles and even not, you generally have no way to play any good tiles because they have calculated that those tiles are not very strong).

They do this for one reason and one reason only, to maximize profits. By making you think the game is fair, which it is not and I'd bet my life that on it (versus theirs if I'm right), but reducing the statistical likelihood that you will win so you will spend more of their fake currency and have to buy more if you buy it at all. E.g., if playing a fair random game with the same skill would let you win 1 out of 5, they rig it to be 1/100 and make you think their AI is a genius figuring out amazing words (when it is simply give access to all the tiles rather than having to randomly draw 7 which is what they force you to do), they are really trying to suck coins from you.

Luckily I've known that many scumbag human beings operate this way and I don't purchase anything from such games but many people are unaware and lose large sums of money in this scam. It should be illegal and these people should be thrown in jail... but I doubt the government wants to get involved in a scam that it also partakes in its own way. E.g., a fair practice would be to require all software that profits and uses "randomness" show their algorithms publicly and to required not to manipulate the results of those algorithms after use punishable by 10 years in prison. To generate random numbers is fairly easy and a few lines of code... to manipulate those numbers is also fairly easy.

Remember, these people are not in the business of making your life better but to make it worse by wasting your time and stealing your money. (In fact, I only play for a friend.) One can, in fact, check if something is random to some degree. One way is simply to use one's brain. Is it likely that a perfect AI vs a perfect AI would have a 20-30 point margin in a game such as a WWF? It is impossible in the long term. In fact, we'd expect the longer it goes on the more likely the game is rigged. This is the test I did and it given my other experiences with the game and others talking about poker, It is almost a sure bet that they are rigging the system. Remember, it is also easy to do for them and in their *self* interest (which we know is the biggest interest for cheaters and manipulators).

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

This game is far from fair... I love how they make you lose piles of chips to bad beats and then kindly offer for you to buy more chips. If you like the game don't ever buy chips. Spend even a buck at this game and you will regret it. You will have unbelievable runs of bad beats. You can flop a big straight and a person will bet all in with 10 2 and end with a full house. I've played this game for years and you can't beat it if you have purchased chips. They feed off the 5% of players that buy chips. Someday this company will have someone on the inside rat them out and it will be all over.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Zynga took over Spades Plus on FB. Thought maybe that they took over all the scamming and cheating would end. But it didn't. As soon as you buy coins. They start giving you horrible hands. Have recorded it for five days. Havent got a hand over 2 bags. Once you buy they give you horrible hands, so you will waste your money and buy more. These game need to be regulated. They are ripping people off. This is a business and someone should sue them.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I identified a bug in their code that was causing one of their games not to pay properly. It cost me A LOT of money, and when I asked to be credited with the missed pays I was told that they do not do that. I have been ripped off by them too many times to count, and don't even try to deal with their customer support. They are the worst group of script readers and robots that they couldn't understand what it means to support customers if it hit them square in the eyes. Terrible payout, terrible support, and terrible business practices (unethical).

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I do like playing Zynga Poker, but am writing this review to complain about their unfair rewards system. (4 tickets for Bronze and you get a few chips; 15 tickets for Silver and you get 350% more chips and extra points; 30 tickets for Gold and you get 1000% more chips 5000 xp and 2 gold coins for the slot machine.) I had 9 million chips in my wallet, and just got 80 tickets for being in league 15 to start the week. So I cashed in 30 tickets to get some chips and it should have spit out about 1,000,000 chips, but instead I get a mere 152,889 chips! What a complete joke and rip off. So if you're playing to get rewards tickets, don’t waste your time and chips with the hard challenges, especially if they will only reward so little chips.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My first complaint is: It’s amazing that whenever I purchase Zynga money for real money I seem to never hardly when on the regular tables. I continuously get bad beats especially on the higher limit tables. However if you review my tournament play you will see that I do very well as 1st place or At the very least coming in second or third. This is contrary to my regular play because I play the same throughout all games. Therefore to me it seems that if you purchase chips Zynga usually somehow will use that and Zynga somehow continues to make sure you lose more hands. So they somehow have a way of manipulating and verifying The hands of a person who purchased chips versus those who didn’t or don’t. If I had the same percentage in tournaments as I did in regular play I might not have a case. However this is not what has been happening. My tournament play is very well.

Secondly, I have had several errors in Zynga where I had a full house or a straight and it gave it to another player that had two pair. Since my games are not recorded I can’t go back and give them pictures I can only note the time and what table I was on or what limit table I was on during that occurrence and ask them to please review it and refund my chips. I have never had one correspondence letter back from Zynga due to an incident Phaestos telling me that they did review it and I was right or wrong or anything at all.

I don’t know how many other people have the same problem with Zynga and I enjoyed playing Zynga but there’s other poker apps I’m sure I would enjoy spending $99 every other month and buying chips and they would not alter my play so to speak. Zynga has competitions that you can plan to make your money back and so forth. Like if you Play in the higher stakes games 5M to 10M then you will get 12 tickets to turn in for more single money if you of course meet that goal. Those goals are usually you must play 50 hands and five million to 10 million. And from what I’ve written you above if I played 50 hands at that high of a stake game that many hands I would be back to a zero balance due to their ability to calls my hands to come in as second place. And this way they assure that a person such as myself that has $5 billion will play on the 5M to 10M steaks tables and that’s when they get you.

It’s as if they have a secret player and he knows what the cards are going to be because I will have three aces after the flop and I end up losing to a straight or three of a kind of twos. Even after I have upped the bet so high that those persons hoping and wishing on a star of an inside straight. The odds are just so far against them that they would just not call that high of a bet unless they knew they were going to win. And assuming late anyone in that high stakes type of game plays true poker for life and understands the game and would not call a five or 10 million bet with just a pair of twos after the flop to kings and queen. But it never fails. I will go all in with my two aces so now I will have two pair aces and Kings Q high. And the next two cards will be to 2s or Tens. Some crap like that and they called $2 billion after they have absolutely nothing but a 7, 2 offsuit under and yet they will win.

That type of play is never found on high steaks tables. It’s not really found on even Zynga or real life on lower steaks tables. Nobody in their right mind would bet in that much money to a possible three king hand when they’re just holding a pair or 2’s or a 2 X offsuit. But inevitably they always do and of course I am the second place winner and lose the big pot because I had the highest hand and the three kings in the beginning. Just for example let me show you these two hands.

Me AK UNDER. PERSON 1, 2 etc 2, 2 under. We bet and I would usually being a slow player when I have a good hand so I would just call as normal, in order to draw in as many players as I can since I have a very nice hand. Flop K4A. We all bet. At this point I have two pair AA & KK. There would not be at this point any other hand that could possibly hurt me unless somebody was holding a Queen Jack or Queen 10 and hoping for a inside straight. Due to this I would bet a very high amount to try and get them out and any other person who might have Those inside straight draws and any others that might have low pairs under, or possible flashes. Then a person calls. I have to think oh my he has either a KK OR AA under giving him a full house. No that’s not even close to what occurs.

Next flop: Let’s say the next flop will be say a 2. Again I bet very high if I don’t go all in and we are talking billion dollars at this point. I have a very high two pair aces and Kings and really there is not another hand and most everybody in their right mind playing in a 5M 10M game would have folded. But Joe blow over here decides to call me and the next flop is another 2.

Now I am sitting here with two pair to top pair and Joe blow now has three twos. Because I know that he could have three twos I check it he checks it or he might raise it but by this time I’m probably already in for $3 billion dollars. And wouldn’t you know it I lose. That is the type of play I am talking about that goes on so often on Zynga that they have to know and they have to have a software that is different for people who purchase chips with true money versus those that don’t purchase chips with money at all. So this kind of gameplaying is a rip off basically because I purchased $300 worth of chips and in order to get me to buy more they just always make sure that I have second best high hands. no matter how well I am doing at the beginning of the hand as you can see from the example above.

If this type of occurrence had only happened a few or even to handful of times I would not have a problem with it. However it happens so many times especially right after you purchase your chips. I’ve always wondered if someone would ever try and sue them for this because of this type of gameplay that I’m sure they make sure happens.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have been losing money on Zynga poker for years and due to a gambling addiction I find myself back on Zynga poker even after losing 1000s. I have messaged them asking to either ban me from depositing money or limit my spending to bare minimum. My emails and requests have had no reply and since I have lost a few more hundred. All gambling casinos online etc have to give option of deposit limits or self exclusion and Zynga poker is gambling but in this case it's worse as will never be able to win any money. I feel trapped and in a lot of debt through all this. I need people like myself in this position to help me. I don't know how Zynga can get away with this, they know people get addicted and instead of giving players an option to not spend over a certain limit they just take and take and prey on the weak. I have paid so much money I actually can't sleep at night thinking about it. Zynga are thieves. Something needs to be done!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

When playing the game the other night something pop up on the screen. I x it out and it took all my tokens. I have earn 105 million and was up to 63 additional help and know I have to start back over. I would like you to go back and retrieve my tokens. I would appreciate very much so I can play at the level I was on. You should be able to find that out. I’m pretty sure I over the 150 level. Thank you if you can otherwise I will just delete the game from my Facebook page and I will let all my friends what happened to me and tell them to do the same thing.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

They set up the games must you lost all the money, just be careful when you play on this website. The games is good but the admins is suck and selfish. I know they gonna block my account after this complaint??? Thanks Zynga. Hope you play for everyone playing on your website.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I've been playing and spending money on Zynga Poker for over seven years now, I more than likely have spent 10000 buying poker chips through this company. Come to find out they have been charging me tax on my app purchases and not when I do a purchase through Facebook, they say it's mandatory. If that's the case it would be mandatory through Facebook as well, I don't even get charged tax if I buy a gameplay card at a store. I will be disputing every debit card transaction, and filing a class action lawsuit against Zynga Poker, if any of you out there feel what I'm saying please get in touch with me.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I spent a small amount of money ($5) to get I think it was 500 Hindsight uses. I had about 350 left when Zynga did away with the Hindsight button. They said "Be patient. It will be back." But if you wanted to you could get a refund, but ONLY within 30 days of purchase and with an order #. It had been a long time since I purchased my hindsight uses, plus I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for it to come back since it wasn't worth fighting for $3.50. Well hindsight is back and I have 2, yes TWO hindsights to use. Again, it's a small amount of money but it's the principle of the matter. Paying for something and having it taken away. Now that I've come to Consumer Affairs I see that lots of people are having problems with Zynga taking things away in various games which the players have earned or paid for. I hope someone class action sues them for something. Bunch of crooks.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Though they claim FAIR PLAY, it is a Unfair Game of Preselected Winners, with bots and cheats being common. If you expect to advance, with skilled Poker Methodology, then think again!!! Zynga is a Business and they must sell Chips in order to PAY those excessive Salaries. So you are deceived into believing you have winning hands, only for a bot, a multi-account player or a scheme is pulled over your eyes. Search Google for former Employees of Zynga. They have spoken out! You are not forced to buy chips, so if you do it is no one's fault, but your own!!! It is addictive and poorly Regulated, meaning you the Consumer gets HUSTLED. You have a better chance of breaking even playing Power Ball!

So stop complaining and STOP BUYING A PRETEND PRODUCT. Your Bank Account would be better off for it. In reality, Zynga nor anyone else cares if you lose money, because you chose to do so!!! So, if you are upset, you should be upset with yourself!!! Look at how many complaints are on this Site alone. Thousands are former, unsatisfied customer. I am one of them! They will never see another cent of my money. I will continue to spread the Truth about their HUSTLE, because they are laughing all the way to the BANK!

Original review: June 25, 2017

I had 3.2 billion chips in my Zynga poker account... the next morning I had one million. I contacted them and they told me that they couldn't help me. I then contacted the BBB and they claimed that I was hacked and then they agreed to restore my chips after I showed ID, screenshots showing that my settings were secure etc... and I also have a pin code that must be entered on Facebook to enter Zynga poker. Everything was fine and I had no problems with hackers, and then I received an email from the BBB that Zynga wanted the complaint dismissed, so I approved and it was dismissed. Within 24 hours my now 4 billion chips were gone and it showed once again that I only had 1 million.

After two days of being ignored by Zynga I contacted the BBB and then someone from Zynga called me on the phone who was cordial but unsympathetic. He said that I was hacked by someone from Turkey and he wouldn't be able to help me. He advised opening a new account which I agreed but he again refused to give me my chips back. He mentioned to me that I hadn't made a purchase lately and I wondered what that had to do with my missing chips. I had 4 billion, I didn't need to purchase, but even so I offered to purchase some if he'd give me my chips back and he told me that he couldn't help me until I purchased $500 worth.

I've spent at least $7500-10,000 over the years... I found this to be nothing short of a shakedown. They're saying that I was a victim but are not only refusing to help me but are trying to get me to purchase more. I do not feel that my account was compromised, I believe that something much more sinister happened. I believe that Zynga Inc. just deleted my chips. Bear in mind that 4 billion chips in Zynga is worth approximately $600.00. I feel that they were dishonest with the BBB and defrauded me and even a possible theft was committed by them.

Zynga Company Information

www.zynga.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business