3.7/5 (168 ratings)

About North American Van Lines

North American Van Lines offers local, long-distance and international moves for residential, corporate and military clients. The company makes moves to all 50 states. Common additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and furniture disassembly. North American Van Lines partners with more than 500 local moving companies.

Pros

• Corporate relocations
  • Shipment tracking
  • Instant quote estimate

Cons

• Potentially pricey

Bottom Line

North American Van Lines completes every type of move. Its fast quote feature is handy, but consumer reviews point out shortcomings like tardy movers and mishandled or broken items.

North American Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Van Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Van Lines?

Original review: April 27, 2021

Ben gave us a pretty accurate estimate & told us what we could expect from N. American. Packer was very efficient and did a good job. John, the driver, and his son were also very efficient. Everything was delivered in good condition with only one small mar on a furniture leg. Everyone was very friendly, polite, & helpful with the exception of Jennifer **, the move coordinator. Unanswered phone messages and emails was very frustrating for us since our condominium required advance notice of the move-out date. Jennifer finally gave us a date just before packers were to come & we never heard from her again. Wish we had a better communicator for our move coordinator. However, overall a good experience & we would recommend North American to others.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Our move was very smooth and professional. Loved all the people involved. Everything was on time and we were kept in the loop at all times. It was a stressful time and they made it much easier. Highly recommend to anyone!!!!

Original review: April 21, 2021

Outstanding, good, great, reliable service, great, responsive, on time, trust, honest, free, friendly, courteous staff, good job done well, worth it and will be there for you to get a chance for a tour and to get the money back in for a

Original review: April 16, 2021

Exceptional, awesome service! Ian and Tyric were very, very efficient with their time, very courteous and accomplished everything we asked for. Such great attitudes, even after hours of moving. We highly recommend Neighbors Moving to anyone who is moving. We love that they are military vet owned and operated.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I would recommend Riley Moving and Storage to everyone who asks. Jyl was great to work with and answered all my questions and was always in communication with me. Jamie and his crew were professional, neat, and fun! They made my move back to Minnesota a dream with no stress or worries for me!

Original review: April 12, 2021

The two men were on schedule, they called to tell me they were on the way. They removed a tv support on the wall, replaced a part in my bed that had fallen off previously. They could not have been kinder or more professional.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Have used this Co. for both moving (2 times) and at one time two years of storage. Have had no complaints. Broke one glass which they promptly replaced, even during storage. Found them to be friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and extremely professional and respectful. Would HIGHLY recommend for anyone needing to move and would use again if I needed to store or move anything

Original review: April 5, 2021

Great experience! Lamonz, Taurus, Jacob and Nathan did an excellent job moving my furniture and belongings safely to my new home! They were faced with unforeseen problems during the move but that didn’t stop them from getting job done. They were always positive and polite when they were talking to me. I knew it was harder for them but they never complained.

Original review: March 30, 2021

The crew that came to help moving our four bedroom house were hard working, experienced, descent, and truly helpful. They worked nonstop, no break! They disassembled, wrapped, and took every item to intended place with care. They respected public health recommended procedures regarding covid. The truck they came with was nice, hardwood floor, clean, and good looking. The whole thing looked sleek in a new neighborhood I moved to. They had all the tools, tapes, drapes, boxes, etc. I had my own boxes from last move. It was really worth it! Moved a 4 bedroom stuffed house from 8am to 2pm!! Like a magic!

Original review: March 28, 2021

Christi was wonderful to work with. The crew who picked up the piano were professional and extremely careful. To date excellent service. Piano is to arrive at destination next week. This is a special gift for my granddaughter. It is a priority that is treated with extreme care and arrive in top condition.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Very good service, very nice and very helpful crew. Did a great job and would highly recommend this crew and Reebie Moving Co. Took a lot of the stress of moving away. Also used them to pack us and highly, highly suggest using that service. Well worth the extra money and best decision I made.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I was very nervous about selecting the right moving company during my recent move from NJ to FL. North American Van Lines quoted the best price so I was even more nervous they would service as promised. From the very beginning, they followed up consistently. The driver (Brad **) and crew showed up early on moving day and delivery day, they got right to work and never complained about anything. They were professional and friendly. Lisa, my coordinator called while they were there to check in to make sure everything was going well. Lisa also called many times to make sure I received calls from the driver regarding timing and see if I had any questions or concerns. All in all, North American Van Lines was terrific. Honestly, I can't think of one thing to complain about.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Gary ** was very personable and always kept me up to date on the delivery timing from the initial start of the move to very end. Long distance movers should be compensated for their tireless journey and loading and unloading. Extremely hard work.

Original review: March 22, 2021

North American Van Lines (University Moving) did a good job with an interstate move I had. Julie from Client Services followed up regularly with updates on arrival times and making sure everything was going smoothly. The movers made sure everything was properly moved out and into my new place. Only thing that came up was some minor scratch marks on the wall from the movers moving the dresser mirror, but luckily that mostly came out with some soap and water. What I liked most was that payment via cashiers or certified check didn’t have to be made until delivery. This was nice, because some moving companies require a deposit up front. Recommend people consider this company in doing an out of state move.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I recently coordinated a move for my parents with the DeHaven’s team from NC to GA. I have personally moved 10 times in the past 20 years and I can say with total confidence that this was the most professional and well executed move I have ever received. They provided my parents exceptional service for the first phone call to get an estimate, to the last box being moved into the new home. They provide fair pricing for packaging, loading, storage and delivery! They took such care packing every item, moving and loading and delivery and setup. We literally could not find the smallest amount of damage on a single item. Not one. Remarkable! The crews were so curious and professional on both ends of the move. I just cannot say enough for how well they took care of my parents and their things. I truly appreciated this respect and service. I will never move again without DeHaven’s! Thank you all!

Original review: March 3, 2021

The delivery people seemed to have had no trouble finding the residence and stated that they had been in the area before, although it was a rural area. They were very professional, respectful and cordial. They arrived timely and within the time frame that was given. They brought item into room when they were asked and handled it with care.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

The movers were prompt, courteous, and very helpful. They went out of their way to make the move go as efficiently as possible. We appreciate everything they did. The experience and teamwork they displayed were key to making the move successful.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

This company specifically trains their claims support at all levels to respond in a robotized format from clerical to management. They are despicable and go back on their word. Don’t use them or any of their sub agents.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Our overall experience with the North American Team (Susan **, Julie **, Vince ** and local teams) were excellent. Everyone did their best to help in any way possible. We provided plenty of challenges with our particular international move and the NA Team met every challenge with a "can do" attitude. What should have been stressful was rather effortless. We will definitely recommend and use North American Van Lines in the future - requesting Vince whenever possible.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Great service! They were fast and organized. Hailey was always responsive. I did not have to worry about anything but concern myself with getting my family across the United States. What a blessing. Thank you! Your service highly appreciated. Neiman **.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Everyone I worked with regarding my move was very professional and did an excellent job. All of my special requests where paid attention to and everyone did their best to accommodate my needs. I would highly recommend A1 Freeman moving company to my friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced! I moved across the country and chose North American. I regret that choice greatly! They failed to deliver on my guaranteed delivery dates which forced me to spend an additional 9 nights in a hotel. I filed a delay of claims as I was told I would get reimbursed for my hotel and food (up to $100 for room and $50 for food). I was denied my claim due to my household weight being under a mere 280 lbs and have sent repeated emails back asking for this to re-evaluated and no one will get back to me. Completely unacceptable and a great disservice to me! This entire move cost me $7000 to relocate plus undue stress. Do not use this company whatsoever!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I am not usually one for one-star reviews, but this company has bad ethics and poor customer service. We did a cross country move and did not receive our stuff until far out of the contracted date agreement. We went through the process to get some refund from the extra costs we incurred from having our stuff delayed, however get got denied the initial request and appeal. We also got charged for a shuttle they did not use and are still waiting for the refund on that (it has been over 6 weeks since they picked up our stuff). I am very disappointed with the integrity of this company and would not recommend to anyone. They will not give back money that is rightly yours even when there is clear evidence put forth.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

After reading about Aldo DiSorbo and various Yelp reviews, it became apparent that my contract needs to be canceled. After calling all day and being transferred from their "customer service" to voicemail that is their "cancellation department" (which does not seem to exist), it appears that it is going to be a struggle to get this voided and to get the cancellation number that the contract states is needed to make it official.

A cancellation is simple but North American Van Lines is proving themselves as unreachable, dishonest, and actively hostile. Customer service is a joke and the whole thing is a run around for a simple voiding of something that was scheduled less than 24 hours ago. Do your research and steer clear of this company. Looking forward to the company reply to this review, I'm sure it'll be illuminating. If you're reading this, cancel Job #**.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Late in delivery by almost 1 week and damaged furniture. They could not track the driver or our furniture. As it turned out the packing was sloppy. Would not use them again. The upfront promise was good but fell short in maintaining that.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

This company is terrible. I moved across country with this company and we packed our truck full of our belongings. When we realized that the grill would not fit on the truck our agent assured us she would get the grill on the next truck to CA. It has been 4 months and we never received our $1200 grill. They also broke a $4K table and refused to do anything to pay for it. Unbelievably poor service, non-responsive in the claims department, uncaring.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

We purchased things they suggested to protect our personal property during the move and they never used them. They damaged a great many expensive/important items by failing to pack properly. Just an example...I asked them to safeguard my firearm....they threw it into a parts box. Vases with absolutely no packing in a box. Music system in a box with no packing material. All three pole lamps destroyed. My $10,000 bedroom set gouged and nicked in many places. My office furniture damaged. Artificial plants wrecked.

Two months later they still have not offered a settlement. They have failed to refund or communicate the overpayment they claimed was necessary. They told us our things would be driven and instead they were put on a train. Told us a driver would provide us a date for delivery....no driver. Our delivery date was the last day possible within the contract. I could state more. Stay away from these people. Use United.

Original review: July 21, 2020

This is by far the worst experience I’ve had dealing with a company. I work in a career driven by customer service and my experience couldn't be much worse. North American Van Lines gave me 3 days on the weekend in which they would deliver my small shipment from relocating from Ohio to Florida. They picked my shipment up a week prior to this date which would allow them more than enough time to make the timeline of 7/17-7/20. After multiple attempts of trying to track down my shipment and being already delayed a whole day in which I had to stay in a hotel for the days prior seeing as they gave me 3 days to deliver (which they didn't). They now want to give me 75$ for each day missed on delivery. Mind you my hotel alone was 100$.

What is the cost of inconvenience? My patience? My experience? Etc? Which regarding the $75 I was not given any copy of an agreement that states this as well. Here as I sit 7/21 with no shipment I have been told it's in Jacksonville where I called and no one there seems to know where it is. I paid $4300 for convenience (that is not what you get whatsoever). Take a Uhaul, pack your things and transport them. Because if you think for an extra 3k out of your pocket you will get convenience you are completely mistaken. I will escalate this further to more social media outlets and will continue to escalate with each party because of how mistreated I have been during this process. Be aware.

Original review: July 21, 2020

North American picked up our vehicle on 2nd June 2020 from our home. The car was inspected thoroughly inside and out. They delivered our car to Maine on 17th June 2020 fifteen days after pickup. The car was off the truck with the windows open. I looked in and all around the car, everything looked good. I signed the driver left. I got in the car and it would not start of the seat would not adjust. I then realized my sandals were soaked. I called the driver back to ask what was going on, he never answered. I called North American office immediately, no one answered.

I went to open the trunk and it would not open. I look over the back seat and lifted the panel where my daughter had things stored and it was at least 2 inches of water. I am furious by this time. I called the drivers companies number. They answered and said the driver stated water poured out of the car and the windows were dogged when he picked the car up the night before. I asked why I wasn’t informed. I got the car towed to a dealership. He stated that it had to be at least 10-12” of water in the car because everything was soaked in the middle console. North American Van lines office. Joann ** stopped answering my calls, would not let me speak with a supervisor and referred me to 5 different people.

It is the 20th July 2020. North American avoid my calls, never sent an adjuster out to view the damage, which I requested and my car is still sitting at the dealership rotting. I am thousands of dollars in on a rental car which I need to get my 83 year old mother back and forth to doctor appointments because she has had two strokes, and thousands it will take to fix my car, if it’s not totaled from water damage. Not to mention the antique pieces that’s broken in our household goods. North American should be Boycotted. They are deceitful, crooks that should not be allowed to destroy people property and not take the responsibility of their companies actions.

Original review: June 15, 2020

North American Van Lines has been a total disaster. We moved to Toronto from Atlanta 6 weeks ago.. Our belongings are still in Georgia. The cost was 14 thousand dollars... What a scam. Beware Beware Beware.

North American Van Lines Company Information