3.8/5 (198 ratings)

About North American Van Lines

North American Van Lines offers local, long-distance and international moves for residential, corporate and military clients. The company makes moves to all 50 states. Common additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and furniture disassembly. North American Van Lines partners with more than 500 local moving companies.

Pros

• Corporate relocations
  • Shipment tracking
  • Instant quote estimate

Cons

• Potentially pricey

Bottom Line

North American Van Lines completes every type of move. Its fast quote feature is handy, but consumer reviews point out shortcomings like tardy movers and mishandled or broken items.

North American Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Van Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Van Lines?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

North American, Allied & Atlas…. All under same umbrella…. Do not use!!! Their Insurance coverage protection is a scam!!! I had my inventory list and knew at delivery I was missing 5 boxes and my driver refused to sign, told me to call claims and claims said “they were sorry they could not locate boxes”. $30K worth of belongings and I had Max Value protection and I got $0 compensation!! Move your items yourself!!! Do not hire any of these companies… They all work together!! Unethical, failure to perform & breach of contact!!! Do not use!!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

We regret utilizing Lile Moving & Storage company and North American Van Lines for our out-of-state move. These are a few of the issues we encountered: 1) Poor communication. *When we experienced shipping delays, we communicated with Lile Moving & Storage that we understood that these things can happen and our only request was that our point-of-contact keep us informed on updates. However, this did not happen and when we attempted to reach Lile Moving & Storage, they stopped answers our calls, voice messages and emails.

*We only learned that our belongings had been shipped crossed state lines when the accepting moving company called us to coordinate a delivery date. Poor communication with Lile Moving & Storage led to much unnecessary frustration for us. And, we know that poor communication within the moving industry isn’t standard as the accepting moving company, AirVan Moving, communicated exceptionally with us.

2) Poor packing and destruction of property, many of these items are irreplaceable. *Family heirlooms and vintage furniture arrived without any wrapping/protection/blanket padding and items were simply stacked on top of other items, causing dents, broken pieces and items to be smashed. *Our child’s custom Lego table was torn apart, and flat Lego boards that were superglued down to the table were ripped off. This egregious behavior was completely unnecessary and the table was destroyed. We had discussed the specifics of moving of our child’s Lego table with the crew lead. And we were reassured that these instructions would be followed, after-all, our crew lead was a father of 4!

These instructions were obviously not followed, and after our child’s Lego table left our home, it was destroyed sometime at Lile Storage. Who would do that to a kid? Who would willingly and intentionally destroy an object that clearly belonged to a kid, and that was loved and cherished? *Our living room lamps were placed in garden supply containers amongst shovels, rakes, and unwrapped ceramic pots. The wiring of the lamps was destroyed. Our indoor air purifier and space heater were thrown into an unpacked garden box with the garden hose, unwrapped ceramic pots, and gardening odds and ends. *Many boxes arrived smashed, dented or torn apart.

3) We were overcharged. *Our moving costs included two components: weight and number of boxes that Lile Moving & Storage packed on our behalf. *We opened many boxes that were partially/half-packed and “fluffed” with packing paper, which increased our moving costs. *Our Visa was charged the estimated quote amount, long before our belongings had left the Lile warehouse, and before the shipment had been weighed. We also were overcharged for the number of boxes which were packed by Lile Moving & Storage. When attempting to resolve this with Lile Moving & Storage, our calls and messages were not answered or returned. We ultimately had to engage Visa to dispute this charge, and Visa reversed the difference after an investigation was completed.

4) Dealing with the claims process is a part-time job. *Since Lile Moving & Storage contracts with North American, all claims get routed to North American. The claims process is time-consuming, frustrating, slow, and fraught with denials then appeals. We love our new home and community we live in, though Lile Moving & Storage, along with North American, certainly made the transition more stressful than it needed to be, and we would never use either company again. We recommend looking into AirVan Moving company, whose service was exemplary on the back-half of our move. We wish you good luck with your move!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I have a 5 star rating because I know it goes towards the driver and he was great. Had everything packed by Moda Moving and couldn’t be less satisfied with the job they did. Boxes were not labeled as to what room they came from. Wardrobe boxes were not used correctly. No clothes were hung in them. Clothes and other items were just stuffed in the boxes. Multiple things were broke in the move. Moda Movers are awful!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

We have a great experience with North American Van Lines with our recent interstate move. We had quotes from 4 other companies and North American gave us the best price. They also provided us a month storage for free. The movers did a great job moving our stuff in and out of the house without any damage and made sure they put the stuff where we wanted to be. They also moved our grand piano safely. The moving coordinator was also helpful. He was able to coordinate the date we asked to deliver our stuff. The movers came on time and they were all very friendly people. Overall, great experience!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I used North American Van Lines to move from California to Idaho. It cost approximately $22,000. They didn't arrive when scheduled. Also they damaged a wall while moving furniture. I filed a claim. After documenting everything through photos. I waited for two months to hear from them and my claim was denied because they said the mover didn't indicate that any damage had occurred even though we refused to sign the paperwork due to the damage. Never use North American! They are unreliable and dishonest.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

North American completed our move in an excellent manner. All staff members were great to work with. The movers were professional, customer friendly and cared for the furniture and the homes, ascertaining that no damage was done to the furniture or home. I would highly recommend North American.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Good work, OK communication, recommended. Moved from Seattle to NYC. Storage for a week or so. Movers good at both ends. Wished we used the boxes from your company, the ones from Home Depot are weak. Price per pound so our original estimate went up due to the extra weight which I underestimated.

Original review: July 30, 2022

Packers were poorly trained. When finished there were still kitchen drawers left full and no boxes left for loaders to use to pack tvs and mattresses. My pendulum clock I had for 40 years was broken because the packer did not know the proper way to pack the clock. She failed to remove the pendulum and just crammed paper in bending both the pendulum and movements making the clock inoperable. The day of the move, loaders were at my house at 8 but the driver did not get there until after 11 putting us hours late. The driver never called on pick up day nor deliver day to advise me of an arrival time. Nor did he apologize for being so late for pick up. Also the boxes for the mattresses and tvs had to be sent out separately and did not arrive until about 3 pm. It made me have to drive well after dark in order to be in at my new house for delivery. I try to avoid driving at night, but all the delays primarily caused by the driver required it.

Original review: July 4, 2022

We booked packing and transport with North American Van Lines for our move from the New England Area to the south. Obtaining a quote was easy and fast. However, after the contract was completed, our point of contact / the moving consultant was not helpful and did not respond to our inquiries in a timely manner or at all. The packing and pickup went smoothly. The relocation coordinator was much more efficient and responsive.

I was most dissatisfied with the delivery. Many furnitures (including cough, dining table, office chair, shoe racks, clothing rack, dining chairs) were dissembled for the move but not reassembled upon delivery. The screws etc from the dissembled furnitures were wrapped up and placed in a parts box but most of the bags were not labeled; it was nearly impossible to tell which parts belonged to which furniture. Moreover, the groves in the screws for the office chair were obliterated so the office chair cannot be reassembled.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Initially things looked good. Booking was made, but a delivery date wasn't. We were told that we would get a delivery date on pick up day, but we didn't. The loading crew from Rainbow Movers consisted of 4 people were instructed to load all items marked with our name and address. Present during loading was my wife, parents and a police officer who was out of uniform.

During the loading for reasons unknown a shelving unit was opened. In it there were bullets. Not loaded ammunition, but pieces of metal. The foreman on the job became alarmed, also having no firearm knowledge. After my father and the officer explained what it was, he asked that the items be reboxed. The foreman told my mother that should the shop manager find anything related to firearms, he will take it and destroy it. My parents were happy to do so after being told this. My parents were thrilled with how well the crew packaged the items.

After a long delay, Class Pays scheduled our delivery. At this point I had become aware that a number of items had been taken by Rainbow Movers that were marked on blue tape "do not take firearms." I immediately told Tony what I was looking for and what was in those particular packages. He was visibly upset that his people ended up with these items.

Many items were damaged due to the packing of the truck. One of the laborers was nearly killed by a heavy item packed on top. I was fortunately nearby and able to stop the avalanche before it crushed him. During the unloading process, I was able to check off the obvious items that were taken that should not have been.

After unloading due to the large amount of damage, and the need to assemble items we were told that either Kim or Samantha would be reaching out to us to schedule assembly. While the notes on damage would be submitted after the post move meeting and could be discussed with Tony as the damage was a result of the people in the warehouse's negligent packing job. At the end of the job, home damage survey was done. Only a basement door frame gouge was done. At that point it was reiterated that missing items, damage and assembly of items would be discussed with Kim and Samantha and it would be noted that there was extensive damage and missing items. After leaving we could inventory all items and submit claims within 90 days. After all the damage and missing items were cataloged an adjuster would be out and repairs would be completed while missing items I would be compensated for.

I left the movers to begin inventory. Noting several of the nondescript boxes were missing along with a large quantity of marked packages. I began calling Tony at Class Pays repeatedly. He never answered nor returned a call. Nor did Connor at Rainbow Movers. Speaking to my parents my mother remembered the foreman telling her that the warehouse manager was destroying anything firearm related he found. Thinking back to some of the things that were missing, I had to wonder if the items missing were looked for to be taken to be sold. My parents thought perhaps there was a pallet that didn't get taken. Going through the other items that were missing and those being mostly encyclopedias and books, this seemed reasonable. There was a pallet of our things in Franklin. All we had to do is pick them up.

I continued trying to get ahold of a decision maker without any success. Thinking I was simply being avoided, I used multiple numbers. Finally I sent an email informing Samantha at Rainbow that someone would be arriving to pick up our things. Samantha at Rainbow gave my mother a nasty reception. My mother simply had to tell her we had to start somewhere to find these missing items since there is a refusal to assist any way but in person. Connor came out and my parents explained the situation to him. He had them wait while he looked in the warehouse. 20 boxes with our name and address and a floor drill press should be easy to spot as Connor said he remembered the equipment. Connor said he did not find the items and attempted to reach Tony, who did not answer.

I was called by my parents and told that he was going to call them once he spoke with Tony and suggested that I call him as well and leave a message that Connor had told me to call. Which I did but did not get a reply. Samantha asked for a description of the missing boxes, which I provided pictures of. It was at this point nobody would answer emails or phone calls. My suspicion is when word got around what was in these packages everyone decided to hide and hope I went away, or just let legal handle it.

The abrasive nature of the customer experience when something goes wrong is beyond infuriating. Instead of any attempt to help all there is is deliberate attempts to frustrate and berate the customer. I attempted to get license information from the company in an aid to submit claims or perhaps light a fire to get actual help. The response from Bridget ** from North American was, "We don't care what is missing. File a police report. We don't have the ability to investigate."

Original review: June 1, 2022

We will soon be at the one year anniversary of our move from Atlanta to South Carolina. The sales person was great and made a lot of promises regarding the quality and attention we could expect. Unfortunately, we dealt with two different crews and when they delivered, my wife's treasured china cabinet was severely damaged. Even so, when I went to the truck to tip the guys following the completion of the move, I smelled drugs in the cab. I don't know what they were smoking, but they were planning to drive all the way back to Atlanta. Almost one year on, and our china cabinet has still not been repaired. I don't know why we bought insurance. We are now asking for replacement costs for the piece, but of course all we get is apologies that it is taking so long. I would never use them again. They cannot be trusted. Don't waste your money on insurance as it produces nothing following a problem. Better, avoid at all costs.

Original review: May 25, 2022

We moved across country from Oregon to Tennessee leaving mid January 2022. Where to begin? Two days after our items were loaded, our credit card was overcharged by almost $2,000. I was told by contact our refund was in process. We never received so charge remains contested. Our items were placed in storage twice (in OR and again in TN) without our consent and we were lied to being told things were “in transit” every time I called. I learned after the fact our items had been handled and moved 5 times.

We received our items 5 weeks after promised. We were told we would receive $100 a day for the delay- we were paid for only half of the days. We had many damaged items and over $16,000 of missing/ stolen items. Most items missing could be resold at high value- such as bicycles, a nice guitar, our bed frames, our box clearLy marked ‘electronics’. Many boxes we did receive had quite obviously been ripped open and rummaged through- so violating. I have many pictures. We paid for replacement value insurance. North American denies we are missing any items.

On day items were delivered, I asked for the check sheet. The driver went out to the truck, and 3 men started bringing in items to distract me. No check sheet. After all was in I was given the check sheet and told to sign “we will just check things off back at the office”. I refused to sign and instead listed what I knew at that point was missing and initialed it. The list was apparently never turned in by the driver. On delivery day I called the main office in Salem we started with to report the experience of broken items, many missing items, and attempt to deliver items that were not ours. The concern was only over the items that were not ours which of course we did not allow to be delivered.

I called North American - lots of papers filled out, months of waiting to be told I called the wrong number on delivery day, so it’s my fault and we get nothing. Absolutely nothing for all of our missing items. We are to replace all those items ourselves. This company has failed us on every possible level. I am in contact with several others who had very similar experiences and we are not alone. I have no idea how this company has 4 stars. They owe us close to $20,000 with all the delays, loss, and damage. You have now been warned. Please avoid this experience. Get a U-haul and save money and heartache.

Original review: April 25, 2022

There were several items not delivered on our move from Wisconsin to NJ. My emails are undeliverable to both of my contacts at United. I am looking for guidance/ resolution in this matter. I was loaded on 4/7/22 and the truck arrived in NJ on 4/16/22.

North American Van Lines response

We are not United Van lines. We are North American Van Lines. Please contact United Van Lines for help. Thanks Ryan

Original review: March 16, 2022

My experience was positive throughout the entire process. Gust and Lauren were easy to work with and very helpful. I valued their in-person visit to confirm estimate. I packed myself but movers did an excellent job at both pick up and drop off. They were on time, efficient, careful, respectful and friendly. I had a long distance delivery from CA to CO. Driver reached out to schedule delivery and was on time and within front end of delivery window. I am very satisfied with my decision and would use North American again.

Original review: March 12, 2022

The driver and moving teams on both ends were great, competent and extremely helpful. It had snowed the night before the truck was loaded in Holt and they shoveled the snow before loading. The driver, Andy, communicated with me throughout and arrived when he said he would.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Exceptional experience with The Moving Company. From the moving estimate to the last piece of furniture off the truck they handled everything expertly. I would definitely recommend them. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and professional. These folks know what they are doing. They were some of the hardest workers we have ever seen when it came to packing, loading and unloading. Nothing but praise for everyone. Special thanks to the van driver, Frank! Always calm and friendly. He went above and beyond for us and we are extremely grateful!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I have moved cross country and locally several times and this was by far the best experience I have ever had.. Cannot say enough good thing about Ward North American from the estimate to delivery. No overcharge and no issues.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

We went with North American Van Lines because we wanted specifically "professional" movers for our cross-country move. What we received were day laborers that had no idea what they were doing. They dragged our expensive leather sofa across the concrete, scratching the entire back. None of the movers had belts or straps. One mover hurt himself, one walked off the job because the pieces were too heavy. We gave all weights of our pieces which was not given to the driver.

I was told that my furniture that was going into storage would be wrapped, unwrapped to visually review, and rewrapped. We had to give the driver extra cash to do this. The packers were in their 60's. Sweet people, but incredibly slow. We just have so many damaged pieces, I don't know where to start. The driver just kept saying to file a claim for all damages...there are so many... This has never happened with any other move we had using North American or Allied. Could be an isolated incident, but I would NEVER recommend them again!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Rainbow was a pleasure to work with from the efficiency and accuracy of the estimate to the care taken inventorying and loading. The actual bill was lower than the estimate. Final delivery was smooth without any issues. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

When I spoke with Mike ** he listened to my concerns, asked questions, listed options and we devised a plan. He was patient, knowledgeable and considerate. Both he and Brenda **, who coordinated the move, called and kept me informed regarding every aspect of the move. They were able to answer my questions and address my concerns which made me confident I had chosen the right company. They are extremely personable and caring about the work they do.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Job very well done. The guys were fast and efficient. There were a lot of boxes and some pieces of furniture. But they handled it with ease. Handled the furniture delicately and provided good amount of padding. Overall, I highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

The guys were professional, quick and efficient. They handled my items with care. When I needed an eta, the coordinator kept in contact with me and the truck to get me additional information, allowing me to run an errand and get back before the truck came.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Paul ** was our sales person and was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The quote we received was very close to the actual cost. The moving team arrived on time and was very efficient in loading our belongings on the truck. Billy was the team leader and was excellent in managing the move. The truck arrived at our new home just 36 hours after the truck was loaded. Unloading took under five hours, due to Billy’s efficiency. He literally remembered each room our furniture had come from in our previous home. I highly recommend Sterling Moving and Storage. I would definitely use the company again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

The local agent wanted my boxes picked up by 12/9/21 so a road truck could pick them up on 12/16/21. THAT NEVER HAPPENED! She told me customers with items still in their home took priority! She never called me with updates. I had to call her! I called North American Van Lines and a representative called her. She clearly lied to him about the dates she gave me! It took 32 days for my boxes to be delivered! I've moved many, many times and this was my worst move ever!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Everything about my experience with Classic Moving and Storage in Eau Claire was great, from scheduling with the office to the care that the movers took with my belongings. Very professional! I highly recommend to anyone looking for a mover in the Eau Claire area.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

EAMES LOUNGE CHAIR CUT INTO 2 HALVES. What a waste. All damaged since we called Allied (who we are familiar with because of military moves) but Allied sent our info to sister company North American Van Lines who then farmed it out to Valley Relocation. Valley Relocation did not treat this interstate move with the care and diligence we were promised even if we booked this since Nov. They forgot to schedule the craters and also changed plans at the last minute to crate and shrink wrap at their warehouse instead of our house In West Sacramento (no idea why as the move coordinator could not be reached. Don't know what else happened. No one could reach the driver who didn't show up to deliver. He showed up 6 days later. The sales person padded the budget with an additional $700-900 to have movers at delivery.

The local moving company Hansen Brothers (the company Allied and North American Van Lines are affiliated with) had no idea this truck was coming in since Valley Relocation did not book the move with them. They had no people available last minute on a Sunday when the driver finally showed up. The driver arrived 2 hours later with just one man from some other company. The packed boxes were all fine but the furniture arrived without shrink-wrapping nor blankets and in this condition. Nothing was done properly except the part where they charged our credit card. And then as a final FAIL there was also $150 in the budget to have Hansen Bros. come and pick up the boxes after and dispose of but again Valley Relocation did not book the move with them so Valley Relocation could belatedly book it now for pickup but that would be for some time in February.

So here we are collapsing and hauling boxes around ourselves. We have seen movers shrinkwrapping Ikea laundry bins but Valley Relocation did not even shrink wrap the Eames Lounge they were supposed to crate. And this is after their bid was $2000+ higher than Colonial because they were crating, adding movers and white glove service door to door. Hansen Bros. was the only one trying to help us when we called them first week of December but we could not coordinate with them since Valley Relocation did not book the move with them. It's almost as if Valley Relocation had our hands tied, took our things and held us hostage except they themselves couldn't locate the driver they hired. We can now track our burger delivery step by step but no one could find this 18 wheeler truck and driver for days. What do you think happened from Dec 27 to Jan 9 with our furniture?

It was not a global move. Just should have been a 13 hour trip. Then they kept on saying this and that was the drivers’ responsibility. We contracted the driver which is not true. We didn't go out and hire the driver, movers, packers or anyone ourselves. We trusted Allied / North American and they subcontracted to Valley Relocation this shabby service. They showed a complete lack of procedure, disregard for planning, caring for our belongings, gross negligence —- total breach of contract even after repeated communications for a month. They didn’t shrink wrap the furniture. They were even laughing at me that we were so worried. That I kept following up. That we kept asking them to book the Seattle movers Hansen Bros. in advance.

Hansen Bros. kept saying they can’t negotiate with us, they do not understand why Valley Relocation was not booking the move with them and that the Interstate Dispatcher should know about this move. Allied/North American should never trust or work Valley Relocation again. Allied/North American should make good and replace/repair our belongings in a timely manner. They should not nickel and dime us. They act with urgency. Not makes us wait 74 days.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Megan, Oscar and their crew did a fantastic job. They showed up on time, they were fast, efficient and careful, both in loading and unloading. They were also very polite and considered our preferences. They Quickly solved any issues that came up. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

The move from CA to NV was a nightmare. We used NAVL as a 3rd party company through a local mover in CA that I'd used for local moves twice before. I trusted them and trusted that our belongings would arrive safely and intact. That didn't happen. We knew our move was going to be costly since interstate moves are based on weight as opposed to by the hour. So, we were prepared for that. We did save money by packing about 90% of our belongings and letting the mover pack the rest such as my husband's office and the kitchen. What we weren't prepared for was what we found after boxes were opened that had been packed by the movers. Nothing but an illogical, disorganized mess.

Nothing was packed properly and a book case was completely destroyed. And when I say destroyed, I mean completely obliterated to the point where it had been broken in half! There was also a desk and wardrobe closet that didn't survive and a box was not delivered to us. I contacted our move coordinator about what I'd found and she sent me a claim form to try to recoup some of the damages. However, after reading the instructions on the claim form, and learning that I cannot replace any items until someone comes out to assess the damage, I decided not to file a claim. Especially since the total loss only comes to about $250-$300; for a wardrobe closet, a $25 Walmart bookcase, a desk that was probably about $100, hangers and other miscellaneous items. So, I don't want to waste anyone's time for such a paltry amount.

We did end up with a refund of around $2,000 because of the materials I bought and much of my own packing I'd done. That being said, nothing should have been broken if it had been handled with more care. The desk and wardrobe closet survived 3 other moves, they should have survived this one, too. And the bookcase never should have been destroyed like it was. I was told it did survive the move; it was destroyed when it was placed in the storage unit we had to rent. We also know a box didn't get delivered to the storage unit. We've opened every box and cannot find the box I packed that had towels and a 3-tier glass corner shelf and a bracket for my jewelry tree I'd wrapped inside. Fortunately, they can be replaced, but I'm still disappointed it didn't make it.

Other issues include:

- I bought boxes, packing materials, and kits specifically for packing glasses and dishes, and other fragile items. Nothing that I bought was used. NOTHING. I opened a box and found everything I'd bought specifically for that was unopened. I had even asked at one point during the packing if the bubble wrap pouches, or the dish and cup packs were used, (I needed to use a few and couldn't find any). I was told yes, that they were all used. None were. NONE. Not one of the bubble wrap pouches were used to pack my dishes and glassware. They were supposed to be used specifically for glasses and plates and I found they had been simply thrown into other random boxes in such a way that they were useless to protect what they were put in with.

- Plates were not packed vertically and glasses and stemware were packed horizontally. It's a wonder they made it at all.

- None of the dishes were packed together in the same box. They were all packed separately and sporadically in with other items.

- I have a set of 24 glasses, 12 tall and 12 juice glasses. I found some of them in one box, some in another and yet more in another box marked "kitchen foods" yet there was no food in that box. They were in boxes that were either incorrectly marked or not at all.

- Cleaning supplies such as an unsealed can of Raid was packed with food! Rat poison was also packed in a box with items it never should have been packed with. Fortunately, it wasn't anything that needed to be saved.

- Food was not packed together. I found an open box of rice placed upside down in with my microwave. I had packing box full of rice. It's hard to say if any rice got into my microwave.

- Foods like the rice and hot cereal were not sealed properly so when I took them out of the box, it spilled everywhere, such as the microwave.

- Some boxes were filled and taped upside down so when the boxes were placed upright, liquids leaked. Liquids should have been shrink wrapped and/or taped to prevent leaking.

- Nothing was marked fragile that should have been such as the stemware.

- None of my pots and pans were wrapped so one of my small frying pans got chipped.

- Bedroom and glass living room lamps were packed at the bottom of boxes, not wrapped in anything to protect them with other non-lightweight items thrown on top, like an iron! It's astounding they weren't broken. Especially given the fact that the boxes weren't marked fragile; they weren't even marked at all.

- Coffee pots were not wrapped, it's a miracle they weren't broken.

- Brackets for the entertainment unit shelves were in a box marked "master" and not taped together or even placed in a Ziplock baggie that should have been taped to the unit as opposed to being thrown in a random box.

- Screws for the TV mounts were thrown into random boxes instead of being kept taped together with the mounts. They were wadded up in packing paper in a box marked "tools", I believe. They would have been thrown away if not for the word "tornillos" on it. I had to ask one of the movers what that meant. It's Spanish for screws. Ugh...

- None of my curtain rods and brackets were kept together. I found one of the brackets to my blackout curtain rod in one box and another in a different box. Who does that?

- My curtains were wadded up and shoved in a box and, for some bizarre reason, they smell like pee. I had to wash all of them.

- My throw rugs were rolled up, folded over, shoved and wadded into boxes with other items. Several of my smaller ones are now wrinkled and a mess. They are useless to me until they flatten out. Rugs should be rolled and shrink wrap/taped up and not placed in any boxes.

- The legs to our bed were packed in a box marked "master" instead of being kept together with the rest of the bed frame. So, the movers weren't able to put our bed together the day we moved in. It took a week before we were able to get help to put it back together and we had to sleep with the mattress on the floor. Not cool.

- My husband had to buy another electric razor because he could not find the cord for the base in order to clean and recharge it.

- All of the wardrobe boxes I packed were completely destroyed. All of our clothes were in a heap at the bottom of boxes that were crushed and smashed. I had to replace at least 2 dozen hangers because of that.

- My 2 coffee tables were scratched and gouged. It's going to take a lot of time and elbow grease to get them back to how they're supposed to look. One wasn't even wrapped in a blanket. It was sitting on its side on top of a box when we opened the storage unit door.

- Our vacuum was shoved between two shelves of a metal storage shelf and something heavy had been placed on top of the top shelf because the shelf slipped down, and the vacuum was stuck, and we had a difficult time trying to get it out.

The biggest lesson learned from this experience, **closely supervise the movers and packers** so that you will know what is being done with your belongings.I do not recommend North American Van Lines.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Ferree Movers did an excellent job moving my parents from Indiana to Illinois. The movers were thoughtful and accommodating in every way. I would highly recommend them if you are planning a move. The service was exceptional. The time they took to pack and load was also quite efficient.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

I was assured our furniture would be blanket-wrapped and our items would be go directly from the truck to the container. Truck arrived outside of the contracted delivery date. Container was unprofessionally packed (furniture and boxes mixed together). Boxes were smashed and retaped. Furniture was broken. Boxes were missing. Almost all of the furniture was damaged as it was NOT wrapped.

The claims process was terrible. I made a claim online and did not hear anything for over 6 weeks. The furniture repair person contacted me to arrange for inspection and repair. Still no word from No. American Van Lines. When I called, I was told to follow the process. I was never informed of a process or timeline. Very rude. I asked for the contact information for the person handling the claim which they refused to give me. Over a month goes by and I get an email offering $1005 settlement. Not close to the amount of damage done. No discussion, no empathy, nothing. I offered more information, they upped it by $105. There is no way to appeal as the claims are outsourced and there is no contact information for corporate. Traumatic and frustrating.

North American Van Lines Company Information