4.0/5 (515 ratings)

About North American Van Lines

North American Van Lines offers local, long-distance and international moves for residential, corporate and military clients. The company makes moves to all 50 states. Common additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and furniture disassembly. North American Van Lines partners with more than 500 local moving companies.

Pros

• Corporate relocations
  • Shipment tracking
  • Instant quote estimate

Cons

• Potentially pricey

Bottom Line

North American Van Lines completes every type of move. Its fast quote feature is handy, but consumer reviews point out shortcomings like tardy movers and mishandled or broken items.

North American Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Van Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Van Lines?

Original review: June 17, 2021

Excellent notifications and support with questions. Pick up and delivery was professional and the movers were efficient and filled the storage area in a way there was access to the boxes and furniture. Would recommend this company to others. I have moved across the country several times and this was the best service from start to end.

Original review: June 10, 2021

From beginning to end I had a great experience using North American moving services. The only negative part was the company with breaking down and putting up the bed they were late both times. The movers, Jacob, Alex and the crew were kind, patient and helpful. Excellent service.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Move went very smooth. We worked with 2 groups Loaders & unloaded since this was a State to State move. Workers arrived on time, they were polite and professional. They treated our belongings gently and did the best they could to protect them.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I cannot find words that describe the outstanding service we received. Dalton was a remarkable supervisor/leader. He is a great asset to your organization. He should be considered for upward mobility. The pickup and delivery was outstanding. Unfortunately I can only remember two of Dalton’s crew. Tyler and Tylor were outstanding team members...as were the packing team. All Neighbor contacts from first to final contacts was outstanding communicators...We were never left in doubt. Thanks. Richard and Didda **. Ps. Five stars are insufficient

Original review: June 9, 2021

This was my second move with American Van Lines. I have been very happy with my experience with American. I have opted for the moving insurance both moves. I had some minor scratching on my wood dining table. I contacted American to ask that they repair the scratches. All I got from them was the run around and jumped through hoops. Long story short they would not repair the scratches, because they could not determine if they caused the damage. There was no notation from the movers of previous damage. If you are using them, save the money for the insurance, it is worthless. I am just lucky my damage was minor. I shudder to think how it would have been handled had all my furniture been destroyed. Take warning.

Original review: June 7, 2021

Very nice and they moved me with both heart care and speed, I will use them again. This was one of the best experiences I have had with movers. Will gladly recommend them to those I know. My thanks to them and I know a friend that watched them and will be using them as well.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I have written your firm on each stage of the move… from Mike’s estimating, Mr. ** loading, transporting and unloading and post arrival of the shipments. I can say in total, the whole process and goods arrival, which included three drop offs was nothing less than outstanding.

Original review: June 1, 2021

We had a few large items coming to our new home from my parents' home. The local office and then driver dealt well with the estimate, pick up on their side and communication and drop off here. The driver was delayed but we were kept up to date. Drop off was smooth and all arrived in good shape.

Original review: June 1, 2021

The truck and four men, Michael, Travis, Josh and Xavier arrived on time and proceeded to work carefully and steadily until the apartment and garden items were all loaded. Then they drove 1.5 hrs to my new home where they unloaded and placed everything by my direction. They were courteous, helpful and efficient. I could not be happier!

Original review: May 29, 2021

North American moving services (David Moving of Baton Rouge, LA) did a great job of moving all my furniture and boxes. They came to inventory the home items and provided an accurate binding estimate. Only thing I wished they would have have done differently is delivered my stuff early instead of making us wait 6 days but I understand it wasn’t possible due to bad weather. The overall moving experience was great. I would recommend North American Moving Services to anyone moving to another State or cross country. Thanks for a positive moving experience!

Original review: May 27, 2021

I was told by the salesman as soon as I called with an address, they were on their way. I called Mr. ** with an address, on the 26th of April, he said: the 2nd of May. When the 2nd arrived I called again. I was informed by Mr. ** I could expect delivery between the 12- 18 May. He also charged me an additional $300.00, because he failed to tell me May and June were their so called busiest months. Had he shipped the household items when I called, as he promised, the articles would have arrived BEFORE the busy months, and I would still have money in my pocket.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Mark was great with regard to guiding me thru the quote and then requoting me as it was a number of months later. I have to say that he is a true professional. Lisa was great in explaining everything with regards to insurance and the paperwork and the follow up. My hauler was Kenny and what a true professional and he treated my items as if they were his. Unfortunately some pieces did wind up damaged but it is being addressed. Overall this is a great company.

Original review: May 13, 2021

The group of employees who work at Baymeadows Moving in Jacksonville, FL are supreme at their work. They listen well and cared about our things as if they were their own. I recommend Baymeadows Moving to all who are relocating across country or anywhere. Thank you to all who helped us.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Where do I begin? The crew who picked up my items didn’t protect the floors at all, helped themselves to soda, and jammed exercise equipment which needed disassembly out of the door. At the delivery location, that crew stated the equipment should have been disassembled and couldn’t move multiple items down one flight of stairs. North American has been unresponsive and can’t explain why their own movers have told me that the pickup wasn’t managed properly. Customer service is a disservice. They’ll tell you that they need to do research and will call back but never do. Now, I’m stuck with items which are still wrapped, and North American is enjoying payment for their partial work. I’ve moved several times. This one was the worst and will make me reconsider moving again for the rest of my life.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Usually moving experiences are difficult for all parties: however, this service provided me with four of the best movers that I have ever experiences. I have moves almost 20 time in the last 50 years. These Movers were hard-working, with a great sense of humor and actually listened to me concerning the difficult, heavy antiques and large statues. These men made a difficult move appear easy. The move was so great that I would never hesitate to recommend Diamon & Bacorin to anyone.

Original review: April 29, 2021

David, our estimator was honest and fair.. The office staff were extremely helpful. Pickup and delivery were both on time and professionally handled. Our pick up driveway was steep and crooked and the driver maneuvered it well. I would use Lile van lines every time. They did very well.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Tina stayed in contact with us thru the entire move. The driver and movers were very respectful of our home and the move was flawless. The move to our new location was not ready to move in and we had to move our belongings to a storage rental. North American made the change and stored our possessions in the storage unit and packed the unit so well. We did not have to rent another storage unit saving us over 400 dollars a month. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Our move went smooth and was handled very professionally. From initial contact to completion. We did have one issue. One of our large screen TVs no longer functioned properly. After reaching out and filing a claim. We are very satisfied with the communication and attention in resolving this matter. Thanks Mike and the Baymeadows movers customer support team. If you need a care free move. We recommend Baymeadows Moving and storage????

Original review: April 27, 2021

I chose to pack my own boxes when moving. However, the movers put furniture and heavy boxes on top of boxes that were marked fragile. I had broken items but my claim was declined because I packed my own boxes. So if you pack your own boxes evidently they just stack them any which way because they don’t have to reimburse you if anything is broken. I would not recommend this company.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Ben gave us a pretty accurate estimate & told us what we could expect from N. American. Packer was very efficient and did a good job. John, the driver, and his son were also very efficient. Everything was delivered in good condition with only one small mar on a furniture leg. Everyone was very friendly, polite, & helpful with the exception of Jennifer **, the move coordinator. Unanswered phone messages and emails was very frustrating for us since our condominium required advance notice of the move-out date. Jennifer finally gave us a date just before packers were to come & we never heard from her again. Wish we had a better communicator for our move coordinator. However, overall a good experience & we would recommend North American to others.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Our move was very smooth and professional. Loved all the people involved. Everything was on time and we were kept in the loop at all times. It was a stressful time and they made it much easier. Highly recommend to anyone!!!!

Original review: April 21, 2021

Outstanding, good, great, reliable service, great, responsive, on time, trust, honest, free, friendly, courteous staff, good job done well, worth it and will be there for you to get a chance for a tour and to get the money back in for a

Original review: April 16, 2021

Exceptional, awesome service! Ian and Tyric were very, very efficient with their time, very courteous and accomplished everything we asked for. Such great attitudes, even after hours of moving. We highly recommend Neighbors Moving to anyone who is moving. We love that they are military vet owned and operated.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I would recommend Riley Moving and Storage to everyone who asks. Jyl was great to work with and answered all my questions and was always in communication with me. Jamie and his crew were professional, neat, and fun! They made my move back to Minnesota a dream with no stress or worries for me!

Original review: April 12, 2021

The two men were on schedule, they called to tell me they were on the way. They removed a tv support on the wall, replaced a part in my bed that had fallen off previously. They could not have been kinder or more professional.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Have used this Co. for both moving (2 times) and at one time two years of storage. Have had no complaints. Broke one glass which they promptly replaced, even during storage. Found them to be friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and extremely professional and respectful. Would HIGHLY recommend for anyone needing to move and would use again if I needed to store or move anything

Original review: April 5, 2021

Great experience! Lamonz, Taurus, Jacob and Nathan did an excellent job moving my furniture and belongings safely to my new home! They were faced with unforeseen problems during the move but that didn’t stop them from getting job done. They were always positive and polite when they were talking to me. I knew it was harder for them but they never complained.

Original review: March 30, 2021

The crew that came to help moving our four bedroom house were hard working, experienced, descent, and truly helpful. They worked nonstop, no break! They disassembled, wrapped, and took every item to intended place with care. They respected public health recommended procedures regarding covid. The truck they came with was nice, hardwood floor, clean, and good looking. The whole thing looked sleek in a new neighborhood I moved to. They had all the tools, tapes, drapes, boxes, etc. I had my own boxes from last move. It was really worth it! Moved a 4 bedroom stuffed house from 8am to 2pm!! Like a magic!

Original review: March 28, 2021

Christi was wonderful to work with. The crew who picked up the piano were professional and extremely careful. To date excellent service. Piano is to arrive at destination next week. This is a special gift for my granddaughter. It is a priority that is treated with extreme care and arrive in top condition.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Very good service, very nice and very helpful crew. Did a great job and would highly recommend this crew and Reebie Moving Co. Took a lot of the stress of moving away. Also used them to pack us and highly, highly suggest using that service. Well worth the extra money and best decision I made.

North American Van Lines Company Information