3.7/5 (168 ratings)

About North American Van Lines

North American Van Lines offers local, long-distance and international moves for residential, corporate and military clients. The company makes moves to all 50 states. Common additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and furniture disassembly. North American Van Lines partners with more than 500 local moving companies.

Pros

• Corporate relocations
  • Shipment tracking
  • Instant quote estimate

Cons

• Potentially pricey

Bottom Line

North American Van Lines completes every type of move. Its fast quote feature is handy, but consumer reviews point out shortcomings like tardy movers and mishandled or broken items.

North American Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Van Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Van Lines?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Avoid this company at all costs. They packed up my worldly possessions and charged me several thousand dollars with the contractual promise of an interstate delivery move. They missed the generous delivery window they agreed to. Then they moved the delivery window [within their own computer system] in an apparent attempt to avoid incurring late charges per their contract. They no longer return calls or emails and have stopped offering excuses. Again, avoid this company at all costs—it seems they literally cannot deliver. You do not want the headache they're giving me.

Original review: July 31, 2021

My experience with moving company was negative, grossly unprofessional & delayed… Upon final arrival-I had many items damaged, dismantled, & missing. Large items-mirrored dresser, Smart TV, 4 ft paintings, clothing, shoes. Multiple inquiries on my part-email phone calls - no response & resolve.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Great experience. Professional, experienced, fast and enjoyable. The packers were efficient and the movers were great. Would recommend Neutz moving company. You won’t go wrong with them. Call Erin for a quote. They are a great company to work with for all your moving needs.

Original review: July 11, 2021

Furniture move as downsizing. They had trouble with one large piece and I was ready to give up and just have them return to my other place. They figured it out and got it in. They were efficient and wrapped a my antique furniture well.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I was so happy with the two movers Reebe sent for my move. The main guy was Antonio ** who was absolutely professional and knew what he was doing. His friend was awesome too. Don’t remember his name. I had a huge China cabinet and a dresser my friend gave me. She lives in Lake Forest and I live in Winfield. Movers showed up in Lake Forest were very respectful and took proper care of their hardwood floor and took the China cabinet apart properly. Very prompt. Arrived at my house in Winfield. Movers were courteous and respectful. Reassembled China cabinet properly and moved dresser upstairs and reassembled. Everything was wrapped in quilted pads with stretch wrap around. No damage can occur.

Highly recommend Reebe movers out of Franklin Park, IL Yes for a local move with two men and few furniture. It was worth every penny to have it done correctly with no damage. They arrived in 24 ft box truck. I’m very happy. Thank you Antonio and Reebe movers for an efficient well orchestrated move. Linda from Winfield.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I was extremely pleased with the way Juan ** and his co-worker wrapped and handled my sentimental furniture for its journey to California. They were both very friendly and engaging and great to work with. Their professionalism greatly exceeded my expectations.

Original review: July 3, 2021

The packers sent were two hours late, were ages 16, 20 and 80. No experience, no supervision. It was horrible. They did not know what they were doing. They followed no protocol. The few items they packed were broken, lost, unidentified, and never stickered. Unbeknownst to me several pieces of fine art were never packed. Just put on the truck. The driver, Brian, initially refused to load my stuff to move it because it was so horribly packed. He was a total ** too though. Never once apologized for the job his company did. Went off on how Covid isn't real, And other asinine totally unrelated political issues to my move.

I have been moved professionally 10 times and by NAVL 3x. But this move was the absolute worst. And everyone keeps saying,"the pandemic!" No, customer service is customer service. I am estimating this move cost me the 8,100 they charged and several thousands more to fix busted art, smashed stained glass, lost china, router, DVR, DVD, remotes, legs to tables, busted dining room chairs, lamps... And who knows what just didn't make the move... Because they never identified/stickered the boxes they packed. Deplorable awful company. Loved them but over it. They all just pass the buck. No accountability whatsoever. Do not use this company until the summer rush is over. I was told it would have been 4,000 less after September and no novices would be used. This was the worst experience ever.

Original review: June 30, 2021

The packing and loading in Greenville was not satisfactory for the amount of money we spent. We discovered at the unloading points that there were quite a few broken items- and it’s clearly from poor treatment of our items. I am really astounded to be honest. The last long distance move we did- with Allied - the only casualty was a melted candle. So, it is possible to pay someone to move you without breaking a bundle of stuff. I reached out to DeHavens to see how the could help, but have yet to hear back from the point of contact Jim **. I would be hesitant to go with North American based on this affiliate's poor service.

Original review: June 25, 2021

The team was prompt, professional and efficient. Easy to work with and they made the move easy. They treated my furniture and personal belongings with care and communicated very well. Would highly recommend for anyone that is looking for fast, easy and professional.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Move was done extremely well. The crew was pleasant, efficient and careful. Took less time than estimated. I would use this company again and also recommend it to friends. The whole process was very easy from the initial survey and estimate to the completion of the move.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I really appreciated the effort and communication given by Ward. Our driver Randy was honest and very thorough. We really liked working with him. Jennifer at the office was great. She called to make sure we were aware of what was going on and what to expect. Overall I’m extremely satisfied with their help.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Excellent notifications and support with questions. Pick up and delivery was professional and the movers were efficient and filled the storage area in a way there was access to the boxes and furniture. Would recommend this company to others. I have moved across the country several times and this was the best service from start to end.

Original review: June 10, 2021

From beginning to end I had a great experience using North American moving services. The only negative part was the company with breaking down and putting up the bed they were late both times. The movers, Jacob, Alex and the crew were kind, patient and helpful. Excellent service.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Move went very smooth. We worked with 2 groups Loaders & unloaded since this was a State to State move. Workers arrived on time, they were polite and professional. They treated our belongings gently and did the best they could to protect them.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I cannot find words that describe the outstanding service we received. Dalton was a remarkable supervisor/leader. He is a great asset to your organization. He should be considered for upward mobility. The pickup and delivery was outstanding. Unfortunately I can only remember two of Dalton’s crew. Tyler and Tylor were outstanding team members...as were the packing team. All Neighbor contacts from first to final contacts was outstanding communicators...We were never left in doubt. Thanks. Richard and Didda **. Ps. Five stars are insufficient

Original review: June 9, 2021

This was my second move with American Van Lines. I have been very happy with my experience with American. I have opted for the moving insurance both moves. I had some minor scratching on my wood dining table. I contacted American to ask that they repair the scratches. All I got from them was the run around and jumped through hoops. Long story short they would not repair the scratches, because they could not determine if they caused the damage. There was no notation from the movers of previous damage. If you are using them, save the money for the insurance, it is worthless. I am just lucky my damage was minor. I shudder to think how it would have been handled had all my furniture been destroyed. Take warning.

Original review: June 7, 2021

Very nice and they moved me with both heart care and speed, I will use them again. This was one of the best experiences I have had with movers. Will gladly recommend them to those I know. My thanks to them and I know a friend that watched them and will be using them as well.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I have written your firm on each stage of the move… from Mike’s estimating, Mr. ** loading, transporting and unloading and post arrival of the shipments. I can say in total, the whole process and goods arrival, which included three drop offs was nothing less than outstanding.

Original review: June 1, 2021

We had a few large items coming to our new home from my parents' home. The local office and then driver dealt well with the estimate, pick up on their side and communication and drop off here. The driver was delayed but we were kept up to date. Drop off was smooth and all arrived in good shape.

Original review: June 1, 2021

The truck and four men, Michael, Travis, Josh and Xavier arrived on time and proceeded to work carefully and steadily until the apartment and garden items were all loaded. Then they drove 1.5 hrs to my new home where they unloaded and placed everything by my direction. They were courteous, helpful and efficient. I could not be happier!

Original review: May 29, 2021

North American moving services (David Moving of Baton Rouge, LA) did a great job of moving all my furniture and boxes. They came to inventory the home items and provided an accurate binding estimate. Only thing I wished they would have have done differently is delivered my stuff early instead of making us wait 6 days but I understand it wasn’t possible due to bad weather. The overall moving experience was great. I would recommend North American Moving Services to anyone moving to another State or cross country. Thanks for a positive moving experience!

Original review: May 27, 2021

I was told by the salesman as soon as I called with an address, they were on their way. I called Mr. ** with an address, on the 26th of April, he said: the 2nd of May. When the 2nd arrived I called again. I was informed by Mr. ** I could expect delivery between the 12- 18 May. He also charged me an additional $300.00, because he failed to tell me May and June were their so called busiest months. Had he shipped the household items when I called, as he promised, the articles would have arrived BEFORE the busy months, and I would still have money in my pocket.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Mark was great with regard to guiding me thru the quote and then requoting me as it was a number of months later. I have to say that he is a true professional. Lisa was great in explaining everything with regards to insurance and the paperwork and the follow up. My hauler was Kenny and what a true professional and he treated my items as if they were his. Unfortunately some pieces did wind up damaged but it is being addressed. Overall this is a great company.

Original review: May 13, 2021

The group of employees who work at Baymeadows Moving in Jacksonville, FL are supreme at their work. They listen well and cared about our things as if they were their own. I recommend Baymeadows Moving to all who are relocating across country or anywhere. Thank you to all who helped us.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Where do I begin? The crew who picked up my items didn’t protect the floors at all, helped themselves to soda, and jammed exercise equipment which needed disassembly out of the door. At the delivery location, that crew stated the equipment should have been disassembled and couldn’t move multiple items down one flight of stairs. North American has been unresponsive and can’t explain why their own movers have told me that the pickup wasn’t managed properly. Customer service is a disservice. They’ll tell you that they need to do research and will call back but never do. Now, I’m stuck with items which are still wrapped, and North American is enjoying payment for their partial work. I’ve moved several times. This one was the worst and will make me reconsider moving again for the rest of my life.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Usually moving experiences are difficult for all parties: however, this service provided me with four of the best movers that I have ever experiences. I have moves almost 20 time in the last 50 years. These Movers were hard-working, with a great sense of humor and actually listened to me concerning the difficult, heavy antiques and large statues. These men made a difficult move appear easy. The move was so great that I would never hesitate to recommend Diamon & Bacorin to anyone.

Original review: April 29, 2021

David, our estimator was honest and fair.. The office staff were extremely helpful. Pickup and delivery were both on time and professionally handled. Our pick up driveway was steep and crooked and the driver maneuvered it well. I would use Lile van lines every time. They did very well.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Tina stayed in contact with us thru the entire move. The driver and movers were very respectful of our home and the move was flawless. The move to our new location was not ready to move in and we had to move our belongings to a storage rental. North American made the change and stored our possessions in the storage unit and packed the unit so well. We did not have to rent another storage unit saving us over 400 dollars a month. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Our move went smooth and was handled very professionally. From initial contact to completion. We did have one issue. One of our large screen TVs no longer functioned properly. After reaching out and filing a claim. We are very satisfied with the communication and attention in resolving this matter. Thanks Mike and the Baymeadows movers customer support team. If you need a care free move. We recommend Baymeadows Moving and storage????

Original review: April 27, 2021

I chose to pack my own boxes when moving. However, the movers put furniture and heavy boxes on top of boxes that were marked fragile. I had broken items but my claim was declined because I packed my own boxes. So if you pack your own boxes evidently they just stack them any which way because they don’t have to reimburse you if anything is broken. I would not recommend this company.

North American Van Lines Company Information