Find a Movers partner

3.6/5 (33 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Authority Moving Group

Authority Moving Group is a full-service moving company that assists with long-distance moves. Its services aren’t available nationwide, but the company doesn’t charge any upfront costs for its licensed moving and specializes in cross-country travel.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Free online quotes
    • Long-distance moves
    • Full-service options

Cons

• Only in lower 48 states
    • No prices listed online

Bottom Line

Authority Moving Group offers multiple licensed moving options, including full-service and long-distance moves. While it doesn’t provide services nationwide, it’s a solid option for those in its service area.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Authority Moving Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Authority Moving Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Authority Moving Group?

Original review: July 8, 2021

Pretty swell experience. They got everything taken care of pretty quickly. I'm a little later in my years so moving is hard work and I wasn't exactly up for it. I move pretty slowly and have a lot of small items I need packed up which they helped with too. Great team.

Original review: July 7, 2021

These guys are absolutely pros. I had a few cars and some heavy equipment that needed to be moved. They did an amazing job and brought everything in pristine condition. I'm so glad I found this company because of how great they are. Can't believe I had been doing my own moving before now. Would've saved me a few slipped discs!

Original review: July 6, 2021

Moved out of Cali last week and hired the movers to pack and transport everything to a storage unit last weekend. Movers redelivered everything a week later from the storage unit near the final location. No additional fee for the week of storage and the redelivery. No issues with the belongings either, everything was done well.

Original review: July 5, 2021

This team of movers was amazing. Really cant say how easy and simple this was. Great deal on the move. Very nice and kind folks. I'm a bit later in my years now so I can't lift things like I used to. It was so great to have such a caring and compassionate team of people to come by and get all my furniture into my retirement home!

Original review: July 3, 2021

Called them up, told them exactly what I had and how many boxes. Always nerve-wracking because you hear stories about moving companies but these guys exceeded all expectations. I feel like I really lucked out to have such a great team of people handling my move!

Original review: July 3, 2021

Great amazing service. Can't believe I didn't know about them sooner. Thankfully a friend referred me as we moved to Atlanta together and they treated her with such care. I didn't have any big items to move but a lot of small ones so of course I was worried about things bouncing around but they packed everything up like pros and made sure my things weren't going anywhere. Love this company so much and I know you will too!

Original review: July 2, 2021

Amazing company. Did a great job moving all my things, I had a few cars I needed moved to my second home and was worried about the costs but they did an amazing job for much less than any of the other guys. 10/10. Will use these guys again should I ever need a large truckload of things moved across New York.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Helped me get my furniture and vehicles to my new address in no time flat. Amazing customer service. I was worried about price, and of course moving companies these days are sometimes hard to deal with but this company put all of those fears to rest. They even went above and beyond and got some of the heavier furniture where I wanted it at our destination. Very nice people with an amazing work ethic.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Moving doesn't always have to be ALL stressful. I'd like to express a heartfelt thank you to the guys at Authority Moving Group for making things SO much easier. I genuinely have no idea what I would've done without them. Fast, great, service and by far the best moving experience I've had.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I was given a quote of $2890.00 back on 04/22/2021 based on the items that I provided them on the list that they require. Then on the date of the moving which was on 06/12/2021 a different moving company with two people showed up. Called Falcon Movers and once the driver saw my paperwork he said "That's too little money you paying" and then he proceeded making a new estimate. He said "In order for me to move your items I will need to call 2 more people and it's gonna take us 24-36 hours to do the whole work, so your new estimate is $16,000 or $25,000." I immediately told him that I was unaware of such a great increase in pricing given the fact that the place I was moving into is only four miles away. So then I called Authority Moving Group, I explained to them what happened and I asked them to refund my deposit. Their response was that they would not be able to give me my money back because I refused the mover's service.

Since then I been trying to reach one of their supervisors in order to get my deposit but they make sure to avoid me. I don't know what needs to be done on a cases as such and what type of remedy exists on these type of cases but if nothing is done then those type of companies are getting more than enabled to operate in a complete immunity.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Authority Moving company stole $2972 from me. First off every positive review is fake. If you scroll down all the positive reviews also reviewed Capella Heating and Air from California. Coincidence, I think not, these are fake reviews. I have screenshots showing this. We got in contact with them by searching out of state moving companies. What came up on Google also was fake stating they are the second highest rated company. (This also I found was a fake website directing people to fraudulent companies.). I unfortunately did not know this and was given an agreement of approximately $6700 for a full service move from Wisconsin to Georgia. I was also told that I needed to give a $2972 refundable deposit to lock in this rate. I agreed and I unfortunately signed their fraudulent contract.

After reading after encountering problems I realized they say that anything they tell you verbally is not binding only written items. So this means they can say anything and lie through their teeth and you can’t do anything. To get to what happened I called a few days later and said, "You never asked about my Garage/outdoor furniture or storage." I was told, "Don’t worry. It shouldn’t change too much. We will call 48 hrs before just to make sure we nave the right truck." I trusted this and when it got closer reached out because no one had reached out to me. I said, "We are 2 days away when are you arriving?" I also asked who would be coming and did they use their own drivers. I was given the runaround and this is when I got scared.

We were closing on our house in 2 days and had to be out plus this was a big move. Finally after multiple calls Alani called me. I stated that I had a few items but also had sold some big items like a couch and bed. She said ok let me recalculate and came back and said it would be over $11,000 and I needed to immediately send them $2000 more or they would not guarantee our move. I was mortified. What was I going to do. I ask, "Why did it almost double, when I didn’t add double the items?" She said, "Well I just want to make sure that you have enough room and you get refunded for unused space."

Now I know that any company using volume is scamming you because this can be manipulated. They are supposed to use weight because you cannot manipulate this. Also when I read the contract it said that you only get a 30% refund up to 250 square feet. I refused this service and am out my deposit, I realize this was the plan all along. I found their fake reviews and others stating the same as me. Everyone need to report these business practices to the FMCSA.

Here is how: Consumers seeking to file a complaint against a household goods moving company, broker or other carrier may contact FMCSA's National Consumer Complaint Database online or toll-free at: 1-888-368-7238. I see numerous people on the review sites stating the same things. We must not let this company defraud others.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Please do not use this company. They will have your belongings picked up by third parties as they are a broker and your stuff will never get delivered. They have a bunch of friends and relatives place great quotes and reviews. They are based in Florida and are a fraud and are being investigated. They are more than happy to take your money but do not respond to phone calls, texts or emails. Their DOT #** MC#**.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Authority Moving Group works with the classic bait and switch business model. They promise you one thing and deliver another. They sent you a contract that is so cumbersome and long and ask you to sign it quickly so they can meet your pick up date all at the same time telling you there is nothing in there different than what they are telling you on the phone. They lost a piece of antique furniture that had been in our family for generations (worth a minimum of $5,000.00) and only offered to reimburse me .30 per pound for the lost piece. That's about $60.00.

In addition when they delivered to the house late and their sub contractors truck ran over our irrigation, our yard lighting, our electrical pipe and put huge scratches in our driveway. When I called Authority they told me there was nothing they could do about. I could go on and on about their lack of communication, their late pick ups/deliveries, quality of employees, etc. but there is not enough room to write everything. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR MOVING NEEDS. You WILL regret it.

Original review: May 25, 2021

This is a fraud company and the customer service person trick you to make the reservation on the first call by offering some discounts and full amount deposit refund for cancellations. Once you are paid you are locked and you don't get back that money at all. They will show some clauses in terms and conditions which they don't give chance to go through when you are paying the amount on the phone. I am planning disputing my charges as I don't have any other option. When we try to ask for some resolution we are getting very arrogant and unprofessional response from the customer service.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Very please with their movers! They were extremely polite and well passed!! They were able to pack and load everything in a few hours and safely transport it across the country! Would highly recommend to daily and friends!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Very happy with their customer service skill! They have been great from start to finish. Their representatives guides me through the entire course and recommended me to the right company to ship my 2011 Mercedes C class. If you are looking for a reputable company I would look no further!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

My interstate move cost double the estimated price. Customer service was poor, they hung up on me and would not respond to my written request for explanation of the additional fees. This company is simply a broker, not a moving company, who takes your hard-earned cash to then assign you to a mover who then recalculates your move and charges you a completely separate amount. Stick with the large, well-known movers so you don't get ripped off.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

C- BBB rating. Scam moving company. They promise everything over the phone and then have you sign a contract that negates everything you discussed. DO NOT HIRE THEM! I have to take them to court to get my things! IT'S BEEN WEEKS AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY THINGS! They brokered a moving company that has an F rating on the BBB. Oh, and if you get David Thomas or Brinae, call the cops--the worst scam artists I have ever come across!!! They increased the price 2x, and I still don't have my things. I have to take them to court to get my property AND my money back. These folks should not be allowed to be in business.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The pickup was okay but the delivery took a little bit longer. It took almost a week before I got my stuff. Also, they didn't give me an accurate quote. I ended up having to pay a little bit more but it's all right. Everything ended well. Everything was like they said.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

The move we did with Authority Moving Group was awesome. From the very first call we made to them until our move was complete we were satisfied customers. They did a great job. I’ve never seen movers hustle the way these guys do. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a quality moving company. I will be using them again without a doubt. They couldn’t have been more professional or efficient. The customer service was wonderful as well.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

They scammed a $1,004.00 on our deposit money. I spoke to David ** whom I thought was the owner of the company. He coded us 2600 to move our stuff from Brea to Texas. The day that his movers came out they told us the price just went from $2600-$5300. We then did not use them as the price has now doubled. I contacted David to resolve the issue and he never returned our call. They ended up keeping our deposit money. This company is a FRAUD!!! They’ll Called you a lower price so they can get you to deposit and then the day of the move they were double the price as they know you have no choice but to either use them or they will keep your deposit money so please, please beware.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I found Authority Moving Group online and I ended up going with somebody else. Then, one of their reps called me back a couple of weeks ago to move and he really gave me a good offer. But the quote was horrible compared to the final price and I've been meaning to call to sort this out. I was severely underestimated by Authority Moving Group and at this point, it's almost triple of what I was quoted in the first place. Other than that, the coordinators were fantastic. Because of the underestimating, we had too small of a truck and too few blankets. The movers didn't anticipate how much they would need to do, so they just came through in advance. We were moving on the day that our house was closing, so they made it happen. The movers during pickup and delivery were fantastic as well.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I am very pleased with the service from this company. They were on time and they didn’t damage a single thing. They know what they’re doing and pack their truck tightly. They also wrap anything that might get bumped in transit. I didn’t have a single scratch on anything. These guys were really nice and worked really hard. I would gladly hire them again. They did everything exactly the way I was hoping the would. They saved me both time and money. I’m very impressed.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Authority Moving Group and their team were total pros from start to finish of our move. Even from the first phone call I could tell these guys were true professionals. I felt so comfortable working with them. The three movers they sent us were very experienced and took so much care to make sure that our furniture (much of which was antique) was cared for properly. Our move was quite tricky and I don’t know what we would have done with Authority and their extraordinary services. I highly recommend them to anyone who’s planning to relocate.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I got 3 quotes for moving services from three different companies. Not only was Authority Moving Group the most affordable but they were also the most professional. They gave me a very thorough quote and made sure everything was in writing so I didn’t have to worry about anything. The movers were prepared and highly skilled. They took all the necessary precautions with my furniture. Everything was wrapped carefully and handled with care. I was very impressed with the movers and how accommodating they were. They even put my things in the correct rooms when they arrived at my new home. I would definitely recommend Authority. They truly impressed me with their skill and customer service.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Right from the start Authority provided us with excellent service. We moved our mother to our home from out of state at the beginning of COVID-19. It was a quick and last minute choice but we wanted to make sure she was as as safe as possible. Authority took wonderful care in moving her things and keeping them safe. Everything was done in record time. I was so impressed with how quickly they handled the move. I highly recommend their services. They were kind and courteous at every turn. Their rates are more than fair. I have nothing but good things to say about them and anytime anyone I know is in need of a solid moving company I will be sending them to Authority Moving Group.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I am not recommending them at all. I'm still waiting for my things to be delivered. It's been more than 50 days since pick-up and they keep telling me the contract says 30 business days since the first available delivery date. The experience hasn't gone any good at all. The broker who's Authority didn't communicate very well and the carrier, Trig Moving and Storage, hasn't communicated at all. I have to be calling every day to know where my stuff is and now, I don't even know where it is. They said that they loaded it last week and that I'd be getting my things next week but they keep saying that.

I read the reviews from other people. They say that they got their items damaged and some of them were stolen. I already talked to my lawyer and I hope I don't have to get to that point. I didn’t have the choice to select the carrier that was assigned by the broker. If I would have known that Trig has so many bad reviews, I would have asked for somebody else. At this point, I'm really concerned about the integrity of my things. I hope they are delivered complete. I hope that everything in the box is still there.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The gentleman from Authority Moving Group that I talked to originally was the nicest person in the world and that really persuaded me to go with them. He was a perfect helpful gentleman. We had a problem with the scheduling though. It was supposed to be Friday, but then it ended up not being until Monday. So that was a little frustrating. But aside from that, it went pretty well. We had a few things broken, but minor.

Original review: May 18, 2020

What every person making an out of state move should know if they are using Authority Moving Group LLC. The most ethical thing to do after being so badly abused is to stick to the facts, as they speak for themselves. April 10, 2020 Paul ** spoke with me. I explained we needed to move my daughter from a one-bedroom apartment in Atlanta, GA to Green Bay, WI. We would be flying in and wouldn’t have boxes, bubble wrap, tape, etc. Could we get a move where everything is done for us because we only have two days after we arrive? I was told no problem, “We can do all of that for you. You won’t have to lift a finger.” The estimate was for 2163.89$. They immediately wanted money so a payment of was made. Merchant: Authority Moving Group. Amount: $812.00 (Debit From Customer's Account).

May 12, 2020. The same person as last time I spoke, now thinks we should increase the number of boxes to 10 large, 10 medium and 10 small and a wardrobe box. Before when I described the bed to him (which has drawers under it and needs to be disassembled), he forgot to ask if it has a hea board. He assumed there was a box spring (there wasn’t). I had forgot to mention there was a 12 speed bike and a skinny 16” book case. These changes were made and now my estimate required 863.34$ more. Also, I needed to adjust my down payment and they required… Merchant: Authority Moving Group. Amount: $533.10 (Debit From Customer's Account).

May 14, 2020. I was told that the movers would contact me with a three hour window, of when they would arrive. They didn’t. The mover finally comes (two guys) and they have no idea they were doing any packing, they say this will cost you even more because Authority Moving Group didn’t tell them anything! I immediately call them, Michael ** (Customer Service Manager, Authority Moving Group LLC) said, “I have to call my dispatcher.” He calls back to tell me I have platinum packing and I received only an estimate. Nothing Was Done! They had 6 used boxes, No bubble wrap, no packing material, no wardrobe box. They used my daughter’s garbage bags to pack with. My daughter and I did at least 40% of the work. The new total for a one bedroom move where they come with no supplies (except tape and a couple used boxes) is 5453.28$.

Authority Moving Group Company Information