Netzero

About Netzero

Netzero Reviews

Stars Rating

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netzero?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netzero?
    Contract & TermsSales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2015

I signed up for a one year contract for about 15 dollars per month, and no one told me the fees would go up to 28 dollars after 6 months. I believe this company is a scam outfit, all consumers be careful.

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2015

I don't know much about the internet, but I decided to use it to look for things that I am interested in. I won't be spending much time on there, so I chose netzero as my internet service, especially since I could use it away from home. I ordered their service and waited and waited. I called a few times, only to get the reply that it would be there anytime and how to track it online. Well, I have no online, so how can I check it? I did go to a friend's house and she tried to find the info out online, to no avail. I called and as usual, was put on hold and given the option to be called back in 30 minutes or so.

What is this, the 19th century? Neither my friend or I had the time to wait, so I decided to give netzero until Monday, and then I would cancel. No netzero, so I called, finally got through, got offered the moon and told them I want my money back. Finally the CSR got with the program, and authorized the refund. If I ran an internet company, I would bend over backward to get that modem and disk to me, not give excuses every time I call. I wouldn't have 400+ negative reviews. Please, if you haven't yet gotten their service, don't. I believe that they will be going bankrupt soon with their product and customer service.

Reviewed Oct. 18, 2015

I recently received the "upgraded" hot spot from NetZero. Since then, I have had no phone service since my phone goes through my internet service. I have spent so much time on my computer going back and forth with NetZero that I've had to buy more service. NetZero claims that Basic Talk is no longer supported by them and I needed to contact Basic Talk to find what to do to connect through NetZero. Basic Talk, says that NetZero has to disable the firewall they've installed in the hot spot. I have had to reboot my PC many times just to log onto Facebook or restart because my computer locks up. I can't access my email, which I told them, but they insist they have responded to my requests by email. I'll be returning and canceling as soon as I get another internet service.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2015

I order an internet access device (hot-spot) in Sep. 8, 2015 with 2 GB data service plan - Mobile Broadband Plus. Got the device 3 days later (Sep.11) that work fine. After 1 1/2 days (Sep. 13), 2 GB data gone, service had been stopped. Without any internet access, I had to top up another 2 GB data that had been cost $29.95. Reconnection took forever. 15 minutes later, service had not back on. Now at 12:30 AM, I try to call their customer service on the phone twice, got disconnected twice. I had find out later that customer service stop serving after 2 AM EST.

Now, I try to upgrade my plan ($15). It had not been working. Then I try to upgrade one more time ($15). Still, nothing would go on with the internet access. In next morning, I called customer service. Finding out NetZero customer service is in INDIA, not Indiana, U.S.A. We had a hard to understand each other, so I hanged up the phone. Then go to email with my phone, and finding out the sale rep. with ordering got my own email address wrong. Everything is had been fine, after 24 hrs. It had cost me over $190 for two weeks of service. NetZero had not done anything to satisfied their customer or care. All they want is MONEY. DO NOT DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH NETZERO AT ANY COST.

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2015

I canceled my service with Netzero. They charged me two extra months of service and for the free device and they refuses to refund my money saying there is no record of my cancellation of services. The device did not work well. It was bad service all along. I wish I would have read these reviews before doing business with this rip off company. Wish they had a option for zero stars.

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2015

The Netzero device arrived on Thursday. I hooked everything up Friday evening. My nephew was playing Nick Jr. online on Saturday & I think by evening around 7ish that same Saturday. It stopped working and said a screen came up saying that I had to pay them $15.00 more dollars to continue. Mind you I just gave them $91.00 and some change to get the internet & told my bill wouldn't be due till the 3rd of the following month. This is a big gap. I ordered the most expensive package because I knew I use the internet a lot. I don't see how they possibly stay in business. I hope someone reads my review before even dealing with them. Now I have returned the device which was a chore in itself & now they told me this morning they will deposit my 64.98 back to my credit card in 1-3 business day.

They understand English when it's time to take your money but trying to return anything or complain they don't understand you all of a sudden. Also they will keep trying to hang up on you like it's an accident and it's not. I was determined to get my money back so I will let everyone know how if I get it or not. NEVER GET NETZERO. THEY SUCKKK... RIP OFF SCAM. I don't have my order number but I do have my customer service number.

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2015

I signed up for service this AM and was told that I could purchase a pre-owned modem for $24.99, $20 activation fee, and $6.99 shipping and handling. A total of $51 was agreed upon. Only to be sent an email that shows a purchase for a new modem $129.00, total charges of $136.00. I asked to speak with a supervisor about their fraudulent billing practices, TO NO AVAIL. I threatened to call my local news station to make the public aware of their unlawful practices and lo and behold an email was sent refunding the stolen moneys. PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY.

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2015

Set up an account for my family. One time fee of $98. The rep told me the next billing cycle was Oct 3. I had not received my device and they were trying to take out more money. I called them and they said I didn't pay for the service. After I paid they connect me for 2 days and they said I used up all data and I had to pay more. This company cannot continue to be in service. Too expensive. I had to cancel. 100 bucks down the drain.

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2015

Had NetZero and no longer need it and they still bill my account automatically. Presently I'm having my bank stop payment till someone from NetZero Contacts me into closings this account. I have not used this in 8 years but I will not be charged on a phone on hold waiting for someone to find my account. Funny thing is I cannot access this account but they still take your money. I will be talking with a attorney in getting my money back.

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2015

I called to cancel service with Netzero and request an address to send the product to them. They wanted to charge me an early termination fee for a product that did not work. I called my bank to stop any re-occuring debit from this company, but they took the money anyway. I called Netzero again, asking for an address to send their faulty product back and customer care transferred me to another number which I could not get thru. Very rude, it's like they hold you hostage and threaten to do what they're gonna do regardless how you feel. You're at their mercy over the phone.

Reviewed Aug. 26, 2015

I have experienced absolutely nothing but problems with NetZero. Nothing works. Now 5 months after I returned a device that did not work, NetZero billed me for the device and they are demanding confirmation of the returns. The passwords never work. Stay away from NETZERO!

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2015

NetZero gave us such a hard time! They made us buy data a few times in the last weeks and the internet services was finish in a few hours. They are STEALING PEOPLE'S MONEY! THANKS GOD WE HAVE OTHER COMPANIES TO GET SERVICES!

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2015

Netzero 3g stick sucks - Awful customer service. The device I ordered worked 2 days and then froze my laptop. I called customer service technical support and still no luck. So I returned the 51 dollar stick. Had to pay for return shipping because they were going to mail me a label! I couldn't get my email because I had no internet. When I signed up I was supposed to get a "free" month. They charged my 20 dollars. I did get that money back, but out of the 51 dollar stick charge, I only got back 24! I had to pay a connection fee AND SHIPPING for something that didn't work. I hope at least 1 person reads these comments and doesn't sign up for the service.

Contract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2015

I thought I would save money so I signed up for NetZero so I wasn't locked into a contract with Verizon or Comcast. I used their device for 3 days. Only used 16% of my data. They will not give me a partial refund of the unused data or let me return the equipment for a credit there either. When I cancelled it took me about 10 minutes for their billing department to spell my name. Not an unusual name. Then she kept asking for my name over and over again asking how to spell it. She could not get it right. I don't know why that has to be so difficult but it is nothing compared to not being refunded for only 3 days of very unsatisfying use with a ripoff company. I'd be better off with Verizon after all of their hidden charges.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2015

I thought NetFlix was the answer to my WiFi problem. Small, convenient, portable. Perfect, right? Not by a long shot. When I signed up they asked my need of WiFi. I told them I really didn't understand the whole MB but what I want to do is stream Netflix. I was told that 2,000 MB would be more than sufficient and if not I could upgrade to 4,000 MB over the phone. I got the device yesterday and streamed away. FOUR HOURS LATER I was out of data FOR THE MONTH!!! $52.90 provides 4,000 but you only get 8 hours of data.

What person in all the US only uses 8 hours of data for a whole month? The highest is $82.00 for 6,000 MB and only lasts 12 hours. What a scam!! My fault for not understanding the data crap, but isn't it their responsibility to tell me that? Had I known I would of NEVER ordered from them. They refused a refund but hopefully I will be reimbursed for the device when I send it back. All in all, a very unpleasant and expensive lesson. P.S. Pleasant, mannered robot reps but they don't tell you the whole truth AND very hard to understand them with their accents.

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2015

I have had this product for over a year now. Absolutely horrendous. Takes forever to load a simple web page if it actually loads it. Which doesn't happen all that often. It felt like I was back in the days of dial up modems. I am going to give Google's Fi a try. It can't be worse than this!

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2015

I called Netzero and signed up for their $19.95 service. Three days later I received the device. Following the directions I expected to be connected to the internet. Instead I have gone through 3 weeks of hell, speaking almost every day to someone who wanted me to take my device (a desktop computer) 2 of 3 miles away from where I live to see if it might work there. After 3 weeks, they decided it may be the device they sent so they sent another device. After a day and a half I called the tech people again. They told me they have to enable the device and to try again in an hour, which I did.

The device did not work again. I then called to cancel the service I did not receive only to find out I can get the $19.95 plus tax back but not the activation fee of $27.00. If I would upgrade to the $120.00 plan they would assure a plan that works. I believe this a bait and switch scheme. I must send back their equipment within 30 days. All I have to do is go online and download a label. Really, go online??? If I could go online I would be a happy camper. I am now on the phone (45 mins plus) trying to get them to send a return label so I can send their crap back to them so they can send it to the next victim. Do yourself a favor and pay the higher prices of a reputable company.

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2015

I just received the mobile internet from Netzero. I still had my house wifi. Netzero stated that within one hour that I had used 3 gigs and exhausted the wifi. That is a total ripoff. I tried contacting them to no avail. I emailed them.

Reviewed Aug. 6, 2015

Do not buy this product! Netzero is the absolute worst! $74/month and only lasted 3 days! TOTAL RIP OFF!!!

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2015

I want out, but I'm unable to get out. That is, I want to terminate all services and unplug my e-mail address with Netzero. Finally, the representative agreed to completely remove me from their services, but two days later I got an email message saying I was in there until the end of billing period. They keep charging my credit card and I can't get rid of them.

Staff

Reviewed July 29, 2015

NetZero. I was considering internet through them using their mobile hotspot, But after calling the 800 #, the lady said customer reps are in the Philippines and that NetZero does not hire USA customer reps. I live in the USA. WTF! & no longer interested. Dissatisfied. Should be 0 in the rating, not 2 stars. Bbrrrrr.

Reviewed July 29, 2015

Disaster day 1, shipped new iPhone & 4G broadband stick to wrong address. Request to 'port' old cell # is currently pending... Supposed to take 24-48 hours. I'm now waiting over 3 weeks.. with no cell service past 5 days as they cut off existing with porting request. Call center in Philippines is utterly useless. NetZERO accountability. Now dealing with 3rd 'senior executive' and senior technician who have not yet managed to resolve my issue and provide the service I already paid for. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Reviewed July 11, 2015

The service supposed to be 30 days but only last two weeks. When you download it takes up all day before you download and when you pay your bill you are paying twice the amount you suppose to pay when your service is disconnected. When you have data left over and not using it they still disconnect the service. When time for your payment which is due on your payday and have data left they still turn service off knowing you fixing to pay them. It's really a total rip off just to get customers to purchase their services. It's really not high speed platinum. It's slow speed platinum. When you open any website it takes forever to open and it's a shame that they are such rip offs. You really can't do nothing and if it WiFi why do you have data? The service is just lousy.

Reviewed July 10, 2015

I returned their dysfunctional device, and I showed them the USPS proof that device had been returned. They still refused to refund me the charge. Out of last resort, I contacted my credit company to dispute the charge. Discover charged the amount back to Netzero. Not only did Netzero never respond to my email regarding the return proof, they actually canceled my account after the charge got disputed, and they did not even have the least decency to notify me about the cancellation. Discover told me Netzero never responded to their investigation either. That is how bad that company is!

Reviewed July 9, 2015

I called them and spent 20 minutes demanding a supervisor. Some idiot in the Philippines refused to transfer me. I will be canceling the whole service. Worst company ever that I have dealt with. They are all ignorant and uncaring.

Reviewed July 7, 2015

I signed up and paid $65 for the MiFi box, and a $20 connection fee. Seven days later, they charged me $22 for a full month's service. I called and asked why they charged me a full month when I didn't sign up until June 22. After only a few times on the internet, I was out of data and had to purchase an additional amount at a cost of $15. All in all I WASTED $122. The data gets sucked up so quick, it is ridiculous. They won't give me any refunds and I'm stuck with this worthless MiFi box. I will be contacting the BBB.

Reviewed July 6, 2015

I placed an order for Netzero with the intent of finding the least expensive way to connect to the internet. I received their 4G Stick on Friday, July 3, 2015. I attempted numerous times to access the internet, access my Netzero email and web page, and the result was that most of the usage was deducted and left very little access time for the rest of the month. The only place I was able to access the site is at work and I do not need my laptop at my office. I was then informed by Netzero that I needed to go outside to be able to use their service to connect to the internet.

I called this morning, Monday, July 6, 2015 and attempted to cancel the service. The rep wanted me to keep the Norton protection that I never got and then had the nerve to ask me to use them in the future. She also informed me she would send the cancellation number to the Netzero email that I had called to cancel. I did not trust them and had seen numerous complaints all over the internet so I called my bank and put stop payments on the two withdrawals. However, I am probably too late. My next step is to withdraw all funds from my account and terminate the debit card and have a new one with a new number issued. Thus, stopping them from further access. This experience has been a nightmare and I want to do whatever I can to go after them.

Reviewed July 2, 2015

I joined in January of 2013. They sent me the usb stick. The wifi speed was very slow and after I switched to a higher Gig it was slower. I emailed them and asked for a refund and to send them back the worthless USB stick.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 30, 2015

Told them what I wanted to use it for. They said it would work perfectly. They started billing me for usage before I received their modem that I paid for. I no sooner got modem plugged it in and my usage was used up first day. Upgraded twice usage lasted about four days. Still fighting to cancel service. I wanted the free service they advertised as I had this useless modem. Free service is no longer available. I have free service for 3 months and then it's $2.95 a month. That service lasts about a half hour. Will be contacting BBB!

Reviewed June 20, 2015

This has now happened to me twice so I know it's not a fluke. I called to cancel months ago and they said yes then billed me again. I had to fight like hell to get it back. Today they did the same old trick. Unethical as crap, avoid these guys like the plague, they will steal it if they have to.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2015

I got the wireless internet. These people are a huge scam. I told them what I would be using it for. Netzero suggested the amount of data I needed, I got the device in 3 days, I used the internet no more than 3 hours when I got the email saying data was almost up for the month! To my surprise I thought it was an error so I called them up, they said I used up all my data, I then requested a refund in which they did not comply till I mentioned the BBB, even at that said they only reimburse me with the cost of the device 67.58 not the full amount I paid $130. When I sent in the device, they said they cannot refund me because the "warehouse" has not confirmed they received it, and is still giving me the runaround. Till this day I still haven't been refunded. Please beware!

Price

Reviewed June 5, 2015

Had Netzero @ Jan. 2015. Was never told they auto-bill. No way to end it other than giving them a prepaid card to charge since "that's the only way they do business"?!? Said, "Get Walmart card. Be sure to keep money on it." HUH?!? -- "Disgusted in Atlanta"

Reviewed May 14, 2015

I ordered the device and paid $27.42 for connection fee and a partial $21.41 for monthly service which was 3-4 days less than a full month. They deducted some days that it took to ship the device to me. They would not refund any part of the almost $50 that I paid. They said that I didn't pay for the device and I could keep it because I might want to connect with them later. No way. It took forever to connect to the internet and I kept getting kicked off several times during the hour. Don't waste your time and money on this rip off. I did get a confirmation through email that they will not charge my card again. If they do I will go off on them.

Reviewed May 8, 2015

Been a Netzero cus. for at least 10 years. Was told at time of purchase, that since they messed up my address, they would give me a special rate that would never go up. Well they just raised it. And they won't even address what they had previously promised.

Reviewed May 6, 2015

I asked for help as I couldn't get my password to work or get it to reset it. Talked me into $99 service as I supposedly had all these problems with my new computer. Two days later I managed to reset my own password and whatever they were supposed to have done to fix the errors made the computer slow where it wasn't before. Talking to them did no good and I ended up having it put on my credit card in spite of my complaints. Not a happy camper.

Reviewed May 6, 2015

I have just got done reading all the complaints writing on this site and I have experienced them all. I really hate to say that Netzero just love to scam us hardworking people and still getting away with it. I was sold by their low cost rates, and once I gave my card number could hear their cash register going off. Then I didn't even have any service. Had to call their tech several times and now after only 8 days of usage I ran out of time.... You got to be kidding me... I demanded a refund... Talk to a supervisor and still no luck... But I did do one better. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau... which I think everyone should. They do respond to each complaint and they do go after these scam businesses. I did ask for a full refund and for them to investigate Netzero so others can be protected.

Customer ServiceStaffReliability

Reviewed April 30, 2015

I found out that interference from your DSL filters disrupts the signal. So I put tinfoil to cover all connectors on the incoming phone line. The Phil service guy was too stupid to know that. After a month of OK service it stopped working. Gee maybe I should reset the modem. No go. Gee is it the line so I tried a phone call, it was OK. So I stop thinking "gee." And I start thinking SOB. I call service 4 times in 2 days, no info, no explanation, they will escalate to advanced technicians. Oh goody, they haven't done that yet? 30 hours disconnected, backup dialup didn't work with any reliability. I can't trust them any more for my eBay operations and would hope that ANY internet company would have the basic ability to track and trace their signal to a specific link... And the consideration to notify their customers of service interruptions. No? Then why don't we go back to pigeons and smoke signals. Idiots.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed April 29, 2015

Yes I ordered Netzero to download and web surf etc, it was 77 dollars with the box and first month. After two hours of bad connection my monthly INTERNET data was gone. I called them, they said they would fix it by giving me bonus data and went and charged my card another 20.00 dollars. Their scam artists quality, customer service sucks. Total rip off.

Reviewed April 26, 2015

After a upgrade and two purchases wasn't able to even work with the internet. Customer service sucks. I wouldn't even mind paying 100$ for a plan if the crap work, but it doesn't.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed April 20, 2015

Absolutely NEVER do business with this company! I signed up and paid, they sent me a 4G device, NO coverage. So they sent me a 3G device and billed me for that, NO function at all. I spent four and a half hours on the phone with tech support, which was a series of various Indians who spoke only broken English. Then I requested a refund, which I never received, but had to spend another hour on the phone, again with people who spoke almost no English who just kept asking me my name and other info over and over again. These people are outright thieves! I am now pursuing prosecution through my state attorney general's office.

Staff

Reviewed April 9, 2015

The other day I signed up with Netzero and was told that I only had to pay 26 to get my internet started. So I did. He told me it was a special running and the device would be free. So I was told I needed to pay 47 now to get the internet on. So I paid the 47 and now the internet moves real slow. I mean dial-up is faster than this. Also I told them the other day I like to play games and get on YouTube and the guy told me to purchase the platinum which I guess is the plan I'm on now. Only problem with that is I can't get on YouTube or play games, not with 8 GB. The girl I talked to today explained more than the guy the other day. If I would've known I wouldn't have paid for this. I will be searching for another service after I post this. Save your money folks.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 9, 2015

Top Ten Reasons Netzero Is The Worst Company I've Ever Used:

1. Netzero's internet service rarely works. I am a customer and the service is so bad, I started keeping a journal of disconnections and service failures. But whenever I would alert Netzero and ask them questions, they never answered them. Instead, they would send a template email stating their wireless internet service cannot go through walls, glass, etc. Can you believe that?! The purpose of wireless internet service is to go through walls, glass, etc.! Other companies have been doing it for years and continue to do it without any problems. Cellphone companies do it too. But Netzero admits that they cant do it. Yet this doesnt stop them from selling the service, even though they cant provide it.

2. On the very rare occasions that Netzero's service works for a few minutes, they limit the amount of data you can use, which is ridiculous because the other companies provide unlimited data in the same price range.

3. Netzero has a Data Usage Report that is supposed to help you keep track of your data so that you dont run out. But the report doesnt work. It will deceive you by telling you that you have plenty of data left when actually, you dont. Then you will run out and Netzero will try to get you to buy more.

4. It appears that Netzero takes data out of your account even when your internet modem isnt plugged into the wall and your computer is turned off. One night I checked my report and I had used 20% of my data. I unplugged the modem, turned off my computer and went to bed. The next day I turned my computer on and connected the modem and the report stated I had used 28%. So it seems that overnight, Netzero took away 8% of my data away while my modem was unplugged and my computer was off. I notice that this happens often; 5. Another method they use to take data away from you is when you are in the middle of a download and the internet connection fails and you have to download the file all over again, which uses twice the amount of data.

6. Another disturbing reality is when Netzero won't allow you to check your Usage Data Report at all. There have been so many times I tried to check mine, only to receive this message: There was an error processing your request. Please try again in a few moments. So I tried again. It still didnt work. So I tried again a few moments later. It still didnt work. So I spent the entire day trying. It never worked. By preventing their customers from being able to keep track of their data usage, the customer is more likely to run out of data. Then Netzero will ask them to buy more; 7. Apparently, Netzero's internet service doesnt work when it rains. Yes, you read that correctly. When it rains, I cant get on the internet.

8. Netzeros internet service is so bad that when you call their customer service line, you immediately get a recording that states: "We are currently experiencing heavy call volume. You may wish to call back during non peak hours of 9 pm - 2 am". Can you believe this?! This demonstrates 2 things: 1. Netzeros internet service is so bad that their customer service line experiences high call volume from all of their customers who cant get on the internet throughout the day. 2. Netzero expects their customers to go without internet service all day until 9 pm, then call for assistance.

9. Netzeros service didn't work for an entire weekend, so they promised to give me a credit, but never gave it to me. I was without service for a whole weekend because it was raining. When I finally reached a Netzero customer service rep, they made me troubleshoot for over an hour and 10 minutes, then finally admitted that their service doesnt work when it rains. They they promised to give me a credit, which they never did. When I inquired about it a week later, they said they werent going to give me anything. So be warned: Netzero lies.

10. Netzero refuses to hire American customer service reps. When you call, you wait on hold forever. Then you are forced to speak with someone in the Philippines, which is a complete nightmare of miscommunication and frustration. Personally, I don't think Netzero should be allowed to do business in America if they aren't going to hire American customer service reps. So many Americans need jobs. In summary: Netzero is the worst company I've ever used. I'm looking at several other companies that are more reliable, less expensive, and have American customer service reps.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 8, 2015

I responded to a internet advertisement, Sept 2014, for 9.99 and I end up getting charged 34.95 for the device, thinking it was free. When it came by mail, it was not activated. I called them to inform them of it. They told me that I was paying for device only and that I needed to pay for first month activation… So I told them that I did not have any money for that. So I’m thinking I don't have service. NetZero went unauthorized and was charging me 42.58 from Nov. 2014 to April 2015. They never sent a email stating they were taking my money… or call me to see was still interested in getting service.

My bank kept having negative account balances and something made me go to the bank… and they highlighted NetZero as for taking 42.58 for the month April as well the past month. I called them to let them know. The only thing they claim is that it automatic bank draft… after… so they waited for money to be available and to take it behind my back. That is against the law. NetZero is only refunding me for April 2015. What kind of ** is this!!! I’m very pissed. Net Zero, you are criminals. People cancel your debit card asap! Them devils.

Reviewed March 29, 2015

Just a warning to others about NetZero mobile broadband service. They're advertising like crazy on TV. I signed up, purchased the device, and set it up 2 nights ago. I connected my laptop and just tested it out - much faster than the free internet at the hotel I'm staying at right now. BUT... within a couple hours, I got an email from NetZero that I had used up my entire gigabyte of data for the month. WTF? I didn't DO anything!! I had read this same complain online from a few people who said that all their data was used just by setting up their device, but figured this was an old issue that was fixed. I should have heeded the warning. So yesterday I called to try to get my data reset and the situation corrected.

I called twice. Each time the same thing - a lecture on how data is used by someone with a difficult to understand accent. I understand data and the internet. Duh. I don't need the explanations, I did nothing to use even a small fraction of the data plan! They both read the same script that "I'm sorry. You can purchase more data or upgrade." No matter what I said, the same stock answers. I asked each time to speak with a supervisor. I was told there wasn't one available. I asked again, and was put on hold.. forever. I should have been worried when I called their number and realized there was NO OPTION FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE LISTED ON THEIR PHONE MENU! Yikes!

So I tried an email explaining my problem. I got the same response via email. A lecture about data usage, how it adds up, and the suggestion that I purchase more data or upgrade my plan. Let's see, if I used a gigabyte in 2 hours just by being connected, how many gigs would I need to purchase to last a month if I actually USED the service? The number would be staggering, not to mention the cost! Anyway... I told NetZero I was going to post warnings on social media, so here I am, warning others. I'm sure others have had positive experiences, but I also know that I'm not the only one with this particular complaint.

Oh, their current offer on television for 30 free days? It doesn't exist once you get to their site either. So, if you have NetZero and have been happy, kudos to you! If you're thinking about getting NetZero, you might want to think twice!! I was suckered in only because I travel a fair amount and some of the better hotels charge $12.95 a DAY for internet access. This should have been cheaper. Ha ha.