Prudential Disability Insurance

Prudential Disability Insurance

4.0/5 (173 ratings)

About Prudential Disability Insurance

Prudential Disability Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential Disability Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I got Prudential thru work. Have been w/ them since 2008. Received call that came up as prudential. Couldn't not understand the caller due to very thick accent and due my disability have cognitive issues. Returned the call several times. I am not allowed to get another person to speak to. Corporate told me to call back. Ask for stateside help. Again refused. I was transferred to my case manager on the 4th call and she told me they don't have any nurses that don't have accents due to fact all in the Philippines. Waiting for supervisor to call. I'm at a loss. I tried the dept to help disability issues. Transferred back. At a loss. If I don't talk to them I'm not compliant then do I lose my claim. I'm so upset. Don't know what to do.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I've been out of work for short term disability because I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure from October 29th until recently. I pay for short term disability every pay check through my employer. The first two disability checks I've received within a timely manner. However, the third check I never received it. I called multiples times and was told it was sent. I asked The rep to stop payment and resend my check along with the additional check that I was going to receive for the next week. They assured me that I was going to receive both of my checks but, they only sent out one. Now every time I call it's like I get the run around about my check. Which is money that I pay for. My bills are now behind because of them not send me my check. I feel like this company is a scam.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I am on disability because I suffered a seizure and loss consciousness. I have abnormal EEG showing slowness but Prudential has not paid me and I have been unable to work for the past 3 months. They ask for paperwork from my doctor. I email them pdf, text pictures of all dr documentation. The claim agents says she doesn’t receive or can’t read it. I worked with their IT dept. Send the same documents and they had no problem. They now have everything. Now the excuse is it’s needs to be evaluated internally and since it’s three months they are sending my claim to long term disability with a new claim manager and this starts all over again.

I have paid into this for 23 years and this is my first disability. The Prudential claim managers are rude, unprofessional, disrespectful and basically make you feel like you are fraudulent. This has to be stopped. No one should treated badly and not paid. I am working with the state and my employer with no issues. Why would a doctor put his medical license at risk. If a dr can’t release you to go back to work. In this case it is a neurologist what credentials. Does prudential have to question a specialist. They need to be stopped.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I have afib and congestive heart failure and have had my cardiologist and primary care both send statements that due to my condition I cannot perform my previous job duties for the last one and a half years. Prudential always has their nurses deny the physicians statements which they are not qualified to do at least every 3-4 months. There is always the excuse of how they don't receive paperwork faxed to them, case manager is on vacation, you may have to go to the appeal process etc. They harass constantly to the point I let them know an ERISA attorney will get involved. I paid into this for 14 years and would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I give this company a zero! They are the worst I ever seen. I know the system of denial so the longer they keep their money in the bank the more interest they gain. However these folks have taken it to the next level. I became severely ill, needing multiple surgeries. These people were talking to me about going back to work & denied my claims while I was in the hospital. Finally fed up of dealing with them I seemed the assistance of lawyer, which helped reinstate my benefits but didn’t stop the frequent interruptions every 3 to 6 months as Gabriel in Prudential felt like to while my doctors were questioning what were they expecting as my progressive condition would not allow me back to work.

Finally with 2 years left on my benefits they authorized the claim till the end of the benefit plan which is retirement age. 2 months after that they claimed overpayment in the amount exactly of the remaining 2 years in benefit payments. Therefore they are applying the payments to the overpayments instead of payments to me and the lawyer says there is nothing they can do! So very sad!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I’m going to go into detail. But if you are seeing this about Prudential believe me they are true. I paid out of my pocket for disability insurance for over 20 years through my place of work. Did not they had just switched to Prudential. It was a nightmare. Now that I have social security disability prudential. Called and wants to talk about overpayment from them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I am an educator and PURCHASED this policy which was "kindly" offered to employees (at a hefty monthly premium) under the guise of "INCOME PROTECTION" while you are out. WHAT A JOKE!! PRUDENTIAL HAS A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE NJEA! What a scam It's should be a "LOAN POLICY" as they use offsets going backwards instead of just forward if you are approved for SSDI and/or retirement. You are living off of peanuts while out on medical, they FORCE YOU TO FILE FOR SSDI AFTER ONLY 5 MONTHS OF BEING OUT BUT at not charge they have ALLSUP do it for you at no cost but you must pay them what you receive! Same with disability retirement! Why is there not a class action suit against them? How do their employees sleep at night lying and harassing insureds. WE all have the same experience here so how do they continue?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I am an educator and a cancer survivor. This insurance was offered by the school district for employees. I paid into the plan monthly. I went out on FMLA leave in June of 2019 due to ongoing chronic pain and other health issues. I have submitted volumes of objective test results and medical documentation from four specialists. As the prior reviews on this site state, Prudential doesn't pay! They take your money, but do not pay! The claims manager they act like they're your friend and have your best interest at heart but they do not and are useless! They have "examiners" that are unqualified to make a decision on my type case.

For example, you don't call a plumber to look at a transmission! They sent my paperwork to multiple "examiners" and none of them properly interpreted my test results. They skim through your medical records and take certain sentences then copy/paste into a letter and try to put a spin on the information to make it lean to what they want. They also wrote my doctors with the information that they copy/pasted from my records and asked my doctor's to sign and "agree with the Prudential examiner". The content of some of the information was outside the scope of my doctor's specialty.

The letters Prudential sent to my physicians are poorly written and they have the audacity to tell my physicians (who are all specialists in their fields) that they are wrong about their diagnosis/prognosis and my subsequent care!! Who does that?!! Prudential's hope is that I will give up. Prudential will try to make you look like you're a fake and a hypochondriac! It is companies like Prudential that is what is wrong with this country when it comes to health insurance. For two years I paid into this LTD company that is not there for its subscribers! So, now I have NO income and have to file an appeal! I will not be returning to work in the classroom as I am considered permanently disabled by my physicians. Prudential LTD not an insurance policy. It is robbery without the benefit of a weapon!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

If I can give them a zero I would. After asking for an extension for my short term disability due to the fact that I have spine problems and I can't walk. They deny the claim even though I submitted all my doctors documents stating the same thing. I am not able to perform my duties at work. My claim manager left a note on the system stating that she called me and left me a voicemail stating that I was denied an extension which was a big lie. She never did called me. Awful company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

After exhausting my Std, which handled very well, I have had a VERY difficult time. Received a call from my case manager today stating my claim expires the end of month as they haven't received Doctor's information from most recent visit. It has been faxed to correct number and confirmed it went through more than once as well as emailed. Had requested a call that it was received. Didn't get one. No response from multiple voicemails left by my Doctor's office and myself. We shall see what. Between my health insurance company and this company....what have I been paying for? Have two stars only because this is the first month and hoping it will be resolved. If not, I'll be back to update number of stars.

Prudential Disability Insurance Company Information