Call Now Toll Free
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5

Insurance leader Humana provides three types of Medigap insurance for Medicare users. The policies are designed to help seniors afford the cost of health care by covering items not traditionally included in Medicare Parts A and B. Policies are available for plans A through N, and Humana also offers plans to cover vision, dental and prescriptions.

Humana Medicare Supplement Insurance Call Now Toll Free (844) 825-7600 Shop Now

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Humana Medicare Supplement Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana Medicare Supplement Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I have the Humana Prescription Walmart plan. I enjoy that the Walmart druggists all look out for my bottom line in costs. They also keep a check on the rules of the policy. This policy fits my budget the best of any I have had before.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

It's the only insurance company that covers all my husband's prescriptions. Most are free with mail order and he gets a 3 month supply for each order. It is a bit frustrating when trying to get a hold of customer service by phone. You have to jump through too many hoops.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Since I've had Humana I've been completely satisfied with their service. Now no insurance is perfect but they have been good. When I call with questions they are quick to help me out. I have a nurse that comes around twice a month and calls me regularly to check on me. I thought I would have a problem because they were new to the east coast but I like not having to have no referrals. I can choose a doctor and just go. Loving HUMANA.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Humana failed to pay the claim. It took almost a year to settle a dispute. Humana refused to allow escalation to high management. Once escalated Humana dropped the case and the process had to be started all over again. Once again failed to escalate. Had to write a letter to CEO. The process still dragged on. Will never subscribe to Humana again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have two prescriptions that are $7.00 per month. My premium is $33.30 per month. Somehow, this doesn’t compute. I am on a fixed income and forced to pay my premium which means that some months I can’t afford the extra $7.00 for my meds.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I like you man on a lot. They are proactive about your health. They just don't react. They make sure all my prescriptions are filled. They have a pharmacy. Sometimes there's no charge at all for some eye medications. They have home nurse that comes visit annually if you want to does the service air is very good.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I have Humana Advantage Plan. So happy that I switched. My Humana location has friendly and helpful staff, complimentary coffee and tea and snacks. Offered are exercise classes to accommodate most everyone's needs, from Silver Sneakers, line dancing, strength/balance to Tai Chi and others. Educational classes are offered on regular basis. Also included is free membership to gym. My primary doctor is wonderful as are specialists. I pay zero for my Plan, except what SS deducts. With everything that is included, how could I not be pleased!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I called and got a representative within a few days. They dressed business casual and extremely polite. The rep explained. Took about 2 hours. He did not rush and asked if I had questions. It was easy sign up and policy covers more than other insurance companies. I'm happy with their service and they answer the phone quickly as well. The plan covers a huge service area of doctors in my city.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Humana has been great at filling my prescriptions at minimum or no cost to me. They contact my Doctor when it's time for refills, keep me up to date and remind me when a prescription is about to expire.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Little to no premiums/co-pays, mail delivery drugs - 3 month at a time, otc allowance every quarter and available 24/7- by phone and email and advance notice on refills year end summary as well as quarterly reports online.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have had a Humana Medicare Advantage Plan for some years. As a former insurance agent, I felt they had more experience than any other company. I wish they had more primary care physicians in my area. Using Medicare transportation has been difficult, but several companies use the same transportation. It is important to ask your PCP if they belong to management company as your specialist list will be downsized and not as listed in the directory.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I am very satisfied!!! I've received Medicare supplement for four plus years and have had zero problems. All my medications are filled without a problem, anything not covered usually takes an approval. I'm in and out of the pharmacy within minutes. Paying a low copayment has made it easier for me to refill my medication without the need to cut back.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have Humana RX plan and the simplicity of receiving my prescriptions on time in the mail is quite nice and convenient. Also the ability to access my account online is very easy and important to control delivery. Highly recommend!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

This is an ok company with average customer service. Most routine benefits are covered. Complex medical issues require long waiting. Long waiting on telephone answering. Put on hold for long time before a live person answered. Some of the additional benefits are good. International emergency service coverage not included.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Humana has been very good about making contact with providers and explaining what the need to do. My primary concern is with the drug coverage by Caremark. I have been diagnosed with a condition and one drug I take has a copay of $125.00. The antibiotic used to treat this condition was denied by Caremark so I have no medication to take. I have filed an appeal.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I feel very satisfied with the services. I think it has been the best and the benefits they offer me make me feel safe at all times. It is important to feel safe and be able to move around anywhere thinking that if something happens to us we will have insurance help that will not leave us alone and support us in all the expenses we can have.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Humana has the skimpiest possible coverage, takes the maximum allowable time to approve, makes what seem like deliberate errors like accepting one claim from a provider but denying another by saying provider is out of network. Just stalling. Also, their OTC program is a joke.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Humana is the only one I have been on since starting on Medicare. They seem to be alright. Things have changed over the last few years which are mostly improvements, so I think they are really trying to help. I wish they had better dental and eye care though.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I have had Humana since 2012. They have never let me down. I have used my coverage in hospital emergency departments and have received speedy payments with no refusals. I agree that it helps that I have myself familiar with my plan and I think that everyone should do the same. I have used my plan for ambulance trips and again received speedy payments. I have a Humana provider in whom I have complete faith. He is very dependable and extremely knowledgeable. I trust him. He was recommended by Humana.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Company accepts money for mail order prescriptions but then never ever mails them to their client causing life threatening emergencies! - and then falsifies notes in its computer system that the client cancelled the order.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have been with Humana for about four years and have received excellent service. Always easy to speak with customer service representatives for explanations for information not clear and make changes when necessary. In case of emergency you have access to a 24 hour nurse, $75.00 over the counter medication, regular pharmacy, a group matrix who come to the home to take vitals, interviews, and make sure you are doing alright, send results to your primary free of charge, get rewarded at end of year for getting shots and maintaining regular check-ups with gift cards and much more. I would recommend them for all seniors looking for insurance who go the extra mile to take care of your needs.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I switched from AARP United Healthcare to Humana the worst worst mistake I ever made in my life. It is absolutely worst insurance on the market. I have a problem. I have to go to a doctor doctor. It takes a month to get a referral. I just went to the eye doctor. My eye has been bothering me very badly. I went the first time. Came back a second time. Finally come back to third time and saw the head eye doctor. He said, "Mr ** there is nothing wrong with your eyes. That's what I want you to get is a cat-scan and I can't do it because your primary care goes well on top of that." I have the worst Primary Care, No doctor, nothing but a party place, rude, the doctors they pick to put on their list are at the bottom of the list.

Everywhere I Go pharmacy any doctor they said, "That's your Mana. That's your man. That's why we don't have them," so I took the doctor's written prescription to my primary care. They said, "Why don't they do it?" I said they should have to go to your primary care. Hey girl but I ain't making no scheduling no nothing. They're just too damn lazy to do it themselves. No it's Humana like I said don't believe me, don't trust me. That's why their written ratings are 1.5 compared to others. It is the worst Insurance you could possibly get as a supplement. I thought the name was good. Boy did I make a mistake. I call and talk to representative Humana. I don't like the answer I yet I call back. Get a totally different answer. I call again. I get another answer so I asked for a supervisor. It's **. How can you wait three weeks for a referral when you have a serious problem especially dealing with your ** eye?

I had some back problem issues. They sent me the pain management. I can't make half of my pain management appointment because I've been cancelled due to lack referral information so I ask for girls to get a second opinion. Here's what they told me. You love this. Humana wants us to do is much in-house medical stuff that we can do instead of referrals. What a joke when you're dealing with a nurse practitioner near. They don't even have a doctor at this office. How can I give you a primary care physician that doesn't even have a doctor? I can't go any further because I get too upset over it but please please stay away from Humana.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

We’ve had Humana for six years and it gets better every year. They have been with us since the beginning of my husbands six years of heart surgeries. Meds have been provided with no co-pay, medical care and transportation are always provided. They may you feel like someone cares. Will always recommend Humana.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

With Humana, I get a lot for a little cost. I took Humana, as I live in a small town; and it was the most widely used Medicare Supplemental Insurance. I never have a problem figuring out my insurance. If I don't understand something that has been mailed to me, I can usually check their easy-to-use website and/or call them directly. A Humana representative has always been friendly and helpful, every time. I know exactly what my procedures (such as MRI's) will cost before I do it, so there is never any surprises. I get great coverage from my PPO, even when traveling to another state. This gives me peace of mind, as I like to take my camper and travel as much as possible. I like Humana's generous over-the-counter savings. I can get numerous medical and first-aid items (band aids, vitamins, aspirin, etc.). This $50 for every quarter helps me stock up, while not having to spend my own money. A great cost saving value!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I have never been denied any coverage. Notifications are fast. Never had a disagreement with Humana, co-payments are reasonable and actually my contact with them has been minimal. So I would recommend Humana for medicare supplemental insurance. I like the doctors on this plan, Humana Gold.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Customer service is awful when it comes to Humana Pharmacy. Most of covered drugs are generic which are good quality, some are awful so I would rather purchase them at a Walgreens or CVS. An example is **. Humana’s generic does not work at all.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have been very happy overall with my Humana insurance. When I have been in the hospital, I had to pay nothing! The only thing I’m unhappy with is the cost of my blood thinner medication. It’s very sad how expensive it is! I hope that changes as I have afib, so have to have it. :( Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

When it was time for me to enroll, Humana was the ONLY company that did not demand my Social Security Number, even though Medicare had discontinued use of that number for obvious security reasons. They were a tiny bit more expensive, but principles matter.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Service by agents is usually excellent. Only, slight concerns was and is with the phone service relating to prescription orders and deliveries. Only a slight blemish. Unaware of cause of this, possibly agent training is the answer.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I don't have to worry about a thing. Bill's paid, meds arrive on time and if they are dead they call the doctor plus they are free with my plan. The company also let me know when I need to take a test.

Humana Medicare Supplement Insurance Company Information