Best Car Insurance in Tulsa, OK
Car insurance is a necessity for Tulsa residents, both from a legal standpoint and a financial one. Auto insurance shields you from costs that arise from legal liability, medical treatment and vehicle repairs in the wake of an accident or theft. We compiled this list of the best insurance providers in Tulsa to help you find the right coverage.
Top 11 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Insurance marketplace with a free online comparison tool for auto, home, renters, life and health insurance quotes. Enter your parameters and get quotes from the top providers in minutes.
|Shelter Auto Insurance||Read 36 Reviews|
As one of the largest regional auto insurance providers in the U.S., Shelter Auto Insurance offers a range of both commercial and consumer policies. They cover all types of vehicles, from golf carts to cars.
|A-Affordable Car Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Offers free quotes. Provides SR-22 coverage. Works with English- and Spanish-speaking customers. Partners with 21st Century, Bristol West, Kemper, Progressive, Phoenix, Safeco, Traders and Protective Insurance.
|Admiral Insurance Agency||Read Expert Review|
Offers coverage from multiple auto insurance companies. Provides car, truck, SUV, motorcycle or RV policies. Gives free quotes over the phone from its independent insurance agents.
|Advantage 1 Auto Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Compares policies from multiple providers to find you the best value and coverage for auto or motorcycle insurance. Accepts online payments. Provides free quotes online or via phone call.
|All American Insurance Agency||Read Expert Review|
Provides free quotes online or over the phone. Works with dozens of providers to find the right policy for you. Allows customers to report claims 24/7. Offers optional add-ons like roadside assistance and towing.
|American Auto and Home Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Partners with more than 20 insurance companies to provide policies with premiums as low as $39 per month. Offers free quotes and several policy discounts. Features coverage options for people with any driving record.
|Auto Insurance Center of Tulsa||Read Expert Review|
Creates custom coverage from national providers, including Progressive, Mercury, Travelers, Traders, Equity and Harbor Insurance. Provides commercial auto insurance policies. Accepts online payments. Offers free quotes.
|Best Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Offers coverage from multiple insurance companies with monthly payments as low as $29. Has three Tulsa locations. Provides multiple discounts and online quotes in as little as 60 seconds.
|Cheapest Auto Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Advertises car insurance rates as low as $39 per month. Offers SR-22, liability and full-coverage policies. Provides free quotes online, over the phone or at one of three Tulsa locations. Features multiple discounts.
|EZ Insurance Agency Tulsa||Read Expert Review|
Partners with Safeco and Progressive Insurance to build a custom auto insurance policy that matches your needs. Provides free quotes. Allows customers to manage policies and report claims online. Offers commercial car insurance.
Driving in Tulsa, OK
There are many risks on the road in Tulsa, including poor road conditions and distracted drivers. As a result, car insurance is a necessary expense, both as a legal requirement and to counteract the increased risk of car accidents.
- Crashes in Tulsa: There are more than 13,000 vehicle wrecks in Tulsa each year, and close to 4,800 of those lead to possible injuries. From the average fender bender to life-threatening highway collisions, car insurance protects you from financial liability for vehicle damage and medical expenses.
- Road conditions in Tulsa: Tulsa only gets about 6 inches of snow each year, but the city sees slightly more rain than the rest of the country, with an average rainfall of 42 inches compared to 38 inches nationwide. Any change in weather increases the likelihood of car accidents, but good car insurance protects you from financial responsibility no matter who's at fault.
- Vehicle theft in Tulsa: In Tulsa, vehicle theft occurs at a rate of 8.63 incidents per thousand cars, which is well above the national average of 2.37 per thousand. Neighborhoods like Kensington, South Bolewood and Stevenson have the highest rate of car theft in the city. This increased risk of car theft should be on your mind as you choose between basic liability insurance or more comprehensive plans.
Average car insurance prices in Tulsa, OK
Car insurance premiums range from $400 to more than $2,000 a year, but the cost of car insurance in Tulsa varies depending on a variety of factors. Generally speaking, the more coverage you choose, the higher the price. Other details that contribute to your premiums include your:
- ZIP code
- Driving history
- Vehicle age, make and model
- Vehicle ownership status
- Add-ons, including rental reimbursement and roadside assistance
The following examples are what a 30-year-old woman with one vehicle might expect to pay per year based on the type of insurance plan.
|Tulsa area||Comprehensive||Liability||State minimum|
|Cherry Street - 74104||$1,354||$654||$600|
|Downtown - 74103||$1,626||$734||$666|
|Riverview Historic District - 74119||$1,486||$690||$628|
|Pearl District - 74120||$1,444||$680||$622|
|Coweta - 74429||$1,288||$640||$586|
|Owasso - 74055||$1,216||$612||$566|
Oklahoma car insurance requirements
Oklahoma drivers must maintain a minimum of 25/50/25 coverage, which means your policy must include coverage for $25,000 in injuries per single person, $50,000 for the total cost of the accident and $25,000 in property damage.
The rate of uninsured drivers in Tulsa is decreasing thanks to the introduction of Oklahoma’s Uninsured Vehicle Enforcement Diversion program, which scans license plates to confirm insurance coverage. There are still uninsured drivers on the road, however, and they increase the chance of severe financial consequences for the people around them. Purchasing uninsured motorist coverage is a way to protect yourself against these drivers.
Tulsa car insurance alternatives
If you’re a high-risk driver who’s having trouble finding car insurance coverage, you may qualify for a policy through the Oklahoma Automobile Insurance Plan. Contact the office for more information about these policies, its requirements and application forms.
Tulsa car insurance company information
A-Affordable is a local insurance broker that provides car insurance policies through some of the nation’s top carriers. It also offers policies for high-risk drivers, including those who need an SR-22 certificate. Customers can conveniently manage their accounts online. Request a free quote on its website, or call its customer support line for assistance in English or Spanish.
- Address: 1635 S. Harvard Ave., Tulsa, OK 74112
- Phone: (918) 749-9500
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm; Sat: 9:30am - 1pm
- Website: affordableautopolicy.com
The Auto Insurance Center of Tulsa is an independent insurance agency that provides policies from Progressive, Mercury, Travelers, Traders, Equity and Harbor Insurance. Request a free quote to compare policies from these carriers and find the coverage that’s right for you. You can also pay your premium online directly through your chosen auto insurance provider.
- Address: 2310 E. 15th St., Tulsa, OK 74104
- Phone: (918) 584-6315
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5:30pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: autoinsurancecenteroftulsa.com
Best Insurance provides online auto insurance quotes in as few as 60 seconds. The company also compares policies from top insurance carriers to find your ideal coverage. Monthly premiums start at $29 but vary depending on the coverage you choose. The company offers discounts for married drivers, homeowners, people with multiple vehicles and Tulsans with continuous car insurance coverage.
- Address: 1825 S. Garnett Road, Tulsa, OK 74128; Multiple locations
- Phone: (918) 234-0022
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm; Sat: 9am - 12:30pm
- Website: bestinsurancetulsa.com
American Insurance Agency gives free quotes through its website or by phone. The company offers a full range of car insurance coverage and allows you to customize policies to fit your needs and budget. Once you have a policy, you can submit your claims online or over the phone with All American’s 24-hour claim reporting.
- Address: 6145 E. 21st St., Tulsa, OK 74114
- Phone: (918) 832-8823
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: allamericaninsurance.com
When you request a quote from Advantage 1 Auto Insurance, you can compare policies from multiple providers to find the best pricing and coverage. This insurance broker specializes in discount policies, so it prioritizes savings while building your policy. The company also offers coverage for other types of vehicles, including motorcycle insurance.
- Address: 1629 S. Harvard Ave., Ste. B, Tulsa, OK 74112
- Phone: (918) 295-2111
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 1pm
- Website: advantage1auto.com
Admiral Insurance Agency is a local insurance broker that works with multiple nationwide carriers to provide auto insurance in Tulsa. The agency also offers motorcycle insurance and RV insurance. Call for a free quote or contact the company by email for more information.
- Address: 6710 E. Admiral Place, Tulsa, OK 74115
- Phone: (918) 836-5551
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: admiralinsurancetulsa.com
American Auto and Home Insurance works with more than 20 insurance carriers to provide superior coverage for your vehicles. Policies start at only $39 per month. Even if you are a high-risk driver or have negative marks on your driving record, the company can find coverage that works for you. Its agents provide free quotes and multiple policy discounts, so contact them for more information.
- Address: 5520 S. Memorial Drive, Tulsa, OK 74145
- Phone: (918) 665-7400
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: americanautoandhomeinsurance.com
Cheapest Auto Insurance focuses on saving you money. It provides car insurance policies starting at only $39 per month and insures high-risk drivers who need SR-22 coverage. The company advertises more than ten potential policy discounts, including savings for homeowners, married couples and nonsmokers. Request a free quote for an accurate estimate.
- Address: 2646 E. 15th St., Tulsa, OK 74104; Multiple locations
- Phone: (918) 744-5145
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5:15pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: aautoandhomeinsurance.com/tulsa-ok
EZ Insurance Agency is an independent agency that offers policies from Safeco and Progressive Insurance. The company allows you to customize your coverage to suit your needs. It also lets you submit claims and change your policy online. Call for a free quote.
- Address: 1207 S. Memorial Drive, Tulsa, OK 74112
- Phone: (918) 794-3220
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 3pm
- Website: ezinsuranceok.com
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!