Find the Best Car Insurance in Denver, CO
Top 10 Denver Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Insurance marketplace with a free online comparison tool for auto, home, renters, life and health insurance quotes. Enter your parameters and get quotes from the top providers in minutes.
|Allstate Auto Insurance||Read 2,044 Reviews|
AllState became a publicly held insurance company in 1993, though it's been around since the 1930s. It is dedicated to hiring women and minorities in addition to providing appropriate insurance for people from all walks of life.
|Farmers Auto Insurance||Read 502 Reviews|
In 1959, Farmers Insurance received thanks for quickly replacing a customer's stolen car battery. Today, it serves over 10 million households throughout the U.S., offering coverage against accidents as well as repair services.
|A City Wide Auto Insurance Inc.||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in helping drivers with licenses from Mexico and other foreign countries. Works with carriers like Progressive and Safeco. Gives discounts for multi-car policies, proof of prior insurance and a clean driving history.
|All Insurance Agency||Read Expert Review|
Partners with major carriers, including Progressive, The General and Foremost Insurance Group. Gives discounts for anti-theft devices, young drivers, college students and drivers ages 55 or older.
|C-M Car Insurance Denver CO||Read Expert Review|
Offers coverage against property damage, bodily injury and third-party liability. Partners with Grange, State Farm, American Family, Auto Owners and The Hartford. Provides free insurance quotes through its website.
|Denver Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Shops insurance carriers for cheap car insurance. Insures collector cars. Partners with large insurance carriers like Travelers, Safeco Insurance, MetLife, Progressive and Nationwide. Gives discounts for bundling policies.
|Insurance Group of Denver||Read Expert Review|
Offers coverage from its network of Denver insurance providers. Sells policies through carriers like Kemper, MetLife, Progressive, Safeco Insurance and Travelers. Insures classic cars.
|Insurance Town & Country||Read Expert Review|
Provides car insurance and commercial vehicle insurance. Works with multiple carriers as an independent insurance agency. Offers auto insurance, roadside assistance and 24-hour customer service.
|Square State Car Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Shops coverage providers for cheap car insurance. Operates as an independent insurance agency and broker with no overrides or broker fees. Gives free car insurance quotes.
Driving in Denver, CO
Driving in Denver has unique challenges that make investing in your car insurance policy a good idea.
- Crashes in Denver: In 2017, the Colorado Department of Transportation reported more than 22,000 total crashes in the Mile High City. Of these, more than half resulted in property damage and nearly a quarter resulted in injury or harm to the people involved. With the right car insurance, Denver residents can avoid paying out of pocket for damages, medical expenses and legal fees.
- Road conditions in Denver: Denver usually gets more than 50 inches of snow, which can make driving hazardous. With the latest Central 70 project, consistent construction along city streets and unsafe intersections, such as Interstate 25 and Yale Avenue, car accidents are becoming more common. Car insurance in Denver provides collision coverage, roadside assistance and even reimbursement if you need a rental car after an accident.
- Vehicle theft in Denver: Despite some improvements, vehicle theft in Denver is still a significant problem. The city averaged approximately 430 car thefts per month in 2018. The area around the Denver International Airport tends to be the most common location for car thefts, with neighborhoods like Gateway, Green Valley Ranch and Stapleton trailing close behind. The best car insurance companies in Denver insure drivers against theft and property damage and offer policies that pay for the full replacement value of your car.
Average car insurance quotes in Denver, CO
Car insurance premiums in Denver typically range from $600 to $1,800. The table below annual estimates for a 30-year-old woman living in various neighborhoods in the city.
|Denver neighborhood||Comprehensive||Liability||State minimum|
|Denver International Airport - 80249||$1,666||$712||$644|
|Capitol Hill - 80203||$1,759||$743||$677|
|Montclair - 80220||$1,790||$795||$723|
|Cherry Creek - 80111||$1,628||$714||$649|
|Globeville - 80216||$1,780||$747||$676|
|Hampden South - 80237||$1,688||$760||$692|
Neighborhood, ZIP code and coverage level aren’t the only factors that increase car insurance premiums. Other variables that play a role in cost include:
- The number of individuals on your policy
- Your driving history
- Your gender
- Your credit history
- The type of vehicle you’re insuring
Minimum auto insurance coverage in Colorado
According to the Colorado General Assembly, drivers must have a minimum coverage of $25,000 in bodily injury liability for any one person, $50,000 in bodily injury liability for all people involved and $15,000 in property damage liability. While car insurance in Denver tends to be more expensive than in other states, minimum liability policies usually come in under $1,000 a year.
According to the Denver Post, 16.2% of drivers in the Mile High City are uninsured, and Colorado ranks in the top 10 states for uninsured drivers. Drivers without car insurance face serious consequences here, such as fines, license suspension and community service. Make sure your car insurance policy includes uninsured motorist coverage so you’re protected even if other cars on the road aren’t.
High-risk auto insurance
Through Colorado’s Automobile Insurance Plan, drivers who are unable to find conventional coverage can be insured up to the state minimum. These plans are designed for drivers who have been denied coverage within the last 60 days because of their driving violations, age or other risk factors. The state requires insurance companies to include MedPay insurance and coverage for uninsured motorists as part of CAIP.
Denver auto insurance FAQ
- How do I find cheap SR-22 insurance in Denver?
- An SR-22, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility, is often required for high-risk drivers. Individuals who have had their license suspended, been involved in a car accident without insurance or been convicted of negligent driving must show they carry the minimum auto insurance coverage by filing an SR-22.
- Why is car insurance so expensive in Colorado?
- In recent years, heavy hail storms and a higher number of car accidents have increased the number of insurance claims. Car insurance rates have risen rapidly even after Colorado’s switch from a no-fault to an at-fault state. The legalization of marijuana is also a factor, as all states who legalized recreational use saw significant increases in their average premiums.
- What is the penalty for not having car insurance in Colorado?
- In Colorado, the penalty for not having car insurance is four points on your license and a $500 fine. After your second offense, you pay a minimum fine of $1,000 and have your license suspended for up to four months. Community service can also be an added penalty.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Denver car insurance company information
Denver Insurance is an independent agency that shops for low-cost car insurance from multiple carriers. The company has no broker fees, but customers still get the benefit of working one-on-one with an insurance agent. Under its insurance plans, customers receive broad coverage that protects their finances from property damage liability, personal injury liability and uninsured motorists. The company works with a variety of well-known insurance carriers, including Liberty Agency Insurance, AIG, 21st Century Insurance, Universal Insurance and Chubb Insurance.
- Address: 1127 Auraria Parkway, Ste. 22, Denver, CO 80204
- Phone: (720) 446-5566
- Hours: M -F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: denverinsuranceteam.com
Insurance Town & Country specializes in providing car insurance and commercial vehicle insurance to Denver residents. Customers get to choose the right coverage for them from a variety of insurance carriers. Its coverage options include MedPay, rental reimbursement and diminishing deductibles.
- Address: 1735 E. 17th Ave., Ste. 3, Denver, CO 80218; Multiple locations
- Phone: (303) 388-7216
- Hours: M - Th: 8:30am - 4:30pm; F: 8:30am - 3pm
- Website: insurancedenver.net
A City Wide Auto Insurance Inc. offers instant auto insurance quotes through its website. The company accepts clients with almost any driving history, including foreign licenses and traffic violations. This family-owned insurance agency offers services in English and Spanish. A City Wide Auto Insurance has five convenient locations in Denver and representatives ready to answer any question you may have.
- Address: 935 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO 80204; Multiple locations
- Phone: (303) 996-6800
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: acitywide.com
At C-M Car Insurance Denver CO, customers can get quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the most affordable option. Because the company knows that cheap car insurance in Denver is rare, it’s dedicated to helping customers find coverage that keeps them protected but won’t break the bank.
- Address: 9888 W. Belleview Ave., Ste. 2132, Denver, CO 80123; Multiple locations
- Phone: (720) 605-3612
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: alluscarinsurance.com
Square State Insurance claims to save clients more than 50% off their insurance premiums. One way the company does this is by not charging overrides and fees. As an independent insurance agency and broker, Square State gets paid through the insurance carriers it works with. The company offers liability, collision, comprehensive and uninsured motorist coverage. It also helps customers with medical bills, rental car payments, gap insurance and roadside assistance.
- Address: 1312 17th St., Ste.188, Denver, CO 80202
- Phone: (720) 346-7873
- Hours: M- F: 8am - 6pm; Sat-Sun: 9am - 3pm
- Website: squarestateinsurance.com
All Insurance Agency helps drivers who are looking to adjust their insurance policies. The company lets clients request insurance certificates and submit changes of address online. This family-owned and -operated company employs independent agents to help customers with property, liability, medical and uninsured motorist coverage.
- Address: 67 Knox Court, Denver, CO 80219
- Phone: (303) 935-3661
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: all-insurance-agency.com
Insurance Group of Denver has a variety of car insurance options available. The company researches rates and policies using a mix of Denver insurance carriers, including Kemper Auto & Home, MetLife Auto & Home, Progressive, Safeco Insurance and Travelers. Customers can get quotes and proof of insurance on its website.
- Address: 1776 S. Jackson St., Ste. 1006, Denver, CO 80210
- Phone: (720) 436-1990
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: igdenver.com