2. Finance

AARP Life Insurance

4.1/5 (310 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About AARP Life Insurance

AARP offers roadside assistance through Allstate. AARP members who sign up for roadside assistance can get help 24/7 if they have a flat tire, need their car towed, run out of gas, have a dead car battery or lock their keys in their car. Members are covered in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

AARP Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have no clue why I keep giving this organization my money. Everything I need or want is denied. Healthcare, rentals, life insurance and more. The answer I get time after time is "You're not 65". If that is the case why the heck do you accept people at 50 and deny benefits? Everyone who is not 65 or older do not join! What a friggin ripoff. They will take all the money you are willing to give, but god forbid to get one benefit if you are younger than 65. WASTE OF TIME AND MY MONEY!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I took out an insurance policy for my wife (AARP Life Ins thru NY Life), $10,000 and upgraded to $15,000 in Sep 2018. On November 8th, my lovely bride of 31 plus years passed away, less than 2 months after taking out the policy. Now, no one including me thought they would pay on the insurance. All contact with the company was professional... On 4 June I received the full amount plus interest and a refund of premiums paid after her death! Yes, I do recommend them to everyone!

Original review: May 28, 2018

Purchase life insurance for my husband. I beat breast cancer. I was uninsurable. One month later we find out he has cancer stage 4 unfortunately soon after he passed away. There is no documentation that he had cancer. The insurance company says that he have personal knowledge of his cancer that's why they didn't pay out. They only refunded our premiums.

Original review: May 2, 2018

They have a lot of valid options and I prefer all of the benefits that they give out with using the company for life insurance policy. My overall experience with the life insurance company AARP is very positive and they give me very good coverage. I would totally keep using them and recommend them to people too.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I like everything about AARP Life Insurance. AARP is great. They have knowledgeable staff and they were very professional and helped me a lot. They had a lot of good information when I called and talked to them. They answered all my questions for me and walked me right through the process with no problems at all. They got me all set up in less than 2 days. The prices are great and I got exactly what I asked for that I didn't even need to shop around too much.

Original review: April 28, 2018

They have provided the best care for me since the beginning. I like how innovative they are and provide 24/7 customer service in case there is a question I have or an issue. I like how I can cash out on my policies as well. They are the best and I couldn’t ask for a better insurance company. They have been there for me every step of the way and I will continue to stay them till I die. And I recommend others do the same thing.

Original review: April 27, 2018

A friend told me about this policy Mutual of Omaha offers... Mutual of Omaha has a good reputation. This is a whole life insurance and not term life insurance. I like their non-changing fee for monthly payment for whole life insurance. I have mental illness and am on disability and this changed everything for my policy as the payout is only $5000 and the monthly contribution is $20 or so. But the monthly contribution doesn't increase. I was also able to borrow $500 from my policy which is pretty common. However, I don't really see why I would only have a sum of $5000 for my relatives which is not enough to bury myself and enough for cremation barely. At least the amount I contribute doesn't change but I wish the way they do this would leave more for my survivors.

Original review: April 18, 2018

AARP is the best company to get the coverage I need and trust. They gave me the best rates and the insurance is not super expensive. I love that I get great coverage for life insurance but I wish I could get more coverage but pay less out of pocket cost for it. I also wish I could get a deal or a discount. I feel confident in this company that if anything would happen my family would be safe. My family, my mom and dad have used this company also. I would recommend AARP Life Insurance to other companies.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I like the price that I pay and also the peace of mind that comes along with having this policy in place. I like being about to know our kids would be taken care of in the event that something were to happen to either my husband of myself. AARP should have more features be available online. Have more how to guide and explanations of the different products offered and the different coverages offered. Since I had never looked at life insurance before it can be a little overwhelming. Overall I had a really positive experience with this company from start to finish they were there by phone in order to answers any questions I may have and helped walked me through the entire process when purchasing life insurance.

Original review: March 17, 2018

My mother died January 31, 2018. It took me over a week digging through papers to find the policy. After reading many reviews, I didn't think I'd be getting anything, but I was wrong. The check came within a few days, and a payment that was made after she had passed was included as a refund. I rate this experience as 5 stars unequivocally. If you keep up your payments and understand your policy, you should be fine.

AARP Life Insurance Company Information