Samsung Air Conditioners

• 3%
  • 0%
  • 89%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2020

Purchased Air conditioning Unit Dec 2019, installer identified damaged in transit, installed unit and advised to contact Samsung for warranty. 12 months later and Office of Fair Trading involved, Samsung still refuse to honor warranty on unit that was damaged in transit, regardless of photos showing damage to original packaging.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 11, 2020

I recently had a new Samsung multi-zone system installed in our home. We got the new FJM with the wifi ready wall mounted units. The system is super quiet, and was really easy to connect and control with the Samsung Smart Things App. The contractor we chose did a great job at explaining what they would be doing, and was competitively priced compared to a couple other contractors. Then installation looks great and the system keeps us super comfortable.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2020

My experience with the piece of garbage I purchased from Samsung has left me with nothing but disdain for Samsung. It is obvious from my item's poor design that Samsung was aware of the failure mode I experienced, but did little to address it. Thus it was inevitable it would fail! It is also obvious that Samsung (and Magic Appliance) only care about profits made from selling their garbage, and not about customer satisfaction, and I will go to my grave having nothing but ill feelings for Samsung and a hope both companies go bankrupt so that other unwary customers don't experience the same!

Samsung is a stain on the reputation of the long legacy of Asian product quality for which companies like Honda, Toyota and Sumitomo have long strived to retain! Though from my observation of Korean ethics in the Philippines, I am not surprised the Koreans would place profits above quality! And btw, the model is AS24UA and serial No. Y16NPAJB100052.

I will not provide information about the failure mode, as I want other customers to experience the same so that the reputation of Samsung’s poor reliability becomes a permanent stain to their legacy! I will in turn pay to have my unit repaired and modified so it does not experience the same failure again! To Hell with Samsung and Magic Appliance! I will spend the rest of my days demeaning both companies’ reputations via electronic media! And Samsung is too cowardly to provide an email address for customers to submit their complaints! Tells me they receive too many complaints!

PriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2020

I bought my Samsung split system inverter aircon in 2016 for my condo unit but I used it not very often until recently, it started playing up. It’s seems like just minor problem because everything works ok when it’s running. The only problem is after it’s been switched off for a couple of hours and tried to start again, the power light will switch on but it won’t start and after 5 to 10 seconds, the light will go back down to the bottom light and start flashing. I tried resetting it from the main power but it never been fixed. There are times that it starts ok. I contacted the Samsung service in Manila and they sent someone to look at it which I’ve been charged for 900 Pesos for doing nothing. He didn’t even checked the unit. I just told him what it’s been doing and he contacted their office because he didn’t even know the error codes of Samsung. Then their office said it’s the indoor unit fan motor has to be changed.

I can’t believe it’s the fan motor because the fan is running ok but they still insist it’s the fan motor because that flashing light say so in their error code meaning. They gonna charge me 6,500 Pesos. At first it was 5,000 Pesos the quote of that guy they sent to me then after 2 days they sent a message and another quote of 6,500 Pesos. Anyway, I was gonna go ahead with it but they can’t do it ASAP as I am leaving soon so I just cancelled the repair which I am grateful after I read all these reviews about Samsung. I wish I saw it before I bought my aircon otherwise I will buy a different brand. I’m not a tech guy but I’m sure it’s not the fan motor. It could be a capacitor only. Well, I need to find a trusted tech guy to do it properly.

Installation & SetupCoveragePrice

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2019

I have a Samsung mini split that is only four years old. Installer made lots of mistakes. The units leaked on inside, Freon leaked 5 times due to improper flaring on outside unit. Circuit board is now non-functional. Installer is Samsung certified but laborers are grabbing at straws. These units are advertised to be quiet. They sound like toy trains running constantly. Oh and best of all, Cost $$85.00 to clean each inside unit. Recommended to clean once a year. Very very complicated to get to blower wheel to clean. So HVAC company keeps making money! So what you save on b electric the HVAC company gets back double. I don't trust them to even open up this cheap plastic covered piece of junk.

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2019

I bought Samsung 3hp air condition 4 years ago. Every summer I have to recharge the gas. This summer it started to stop working the compressor every 5 min. I called the customer service with no help. They made 2 visits without fixing & they claim that the area is bigger than the capacity & did not give me any report. It supposed to be 24000btu/hr & my location need 21000btu/hr. Their catalogue does not mention anything regards the btu or ton or any recommendation about the area. The advice: Do not buy Samsung air condition.

Reviewed July 11, 2019

We purchased our Samsung mini split air conditioner not even 3 years ago. The first summer it was in they had to replace the communication wire so the inside unit would work. The second summer it had a leaky valve so they had to recharge it and we haven't even started our third summer and the fan motor inside the head needed to be replaced. They ordered the new motor and installed it, now both circuit boards are fried. Samsung is not willing to stand behind the product and said it isn't their product, was made by someone else, even though their name is on it and passed the buck onto a third party. Said we need to schedule an onsite visit for the unit to be looked at. Samsung informed us this would take 2-3 weeks to be arranged. Considering all the issues we have had since day 1, this is not very acceptable customer service. I would not recommend this or any other Samsung items to people based on this interaction with them!

Reviewed May 10, 2019

I purchased Samsung AC one month back and after that it's not cooling effectively so I am not satisfied with product. As it sleep timer not working since starting and shopkeeper doesn't respond to my problem..

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Purchased 1.5hp split inverter aircon from Emcor Davao City May 5 2018. Unit worked fine for about 5-6 months then started short cycling. Mystic Electronics Service Center Davao was contacted by customer service to be assumed warranty repair provider. Person came out said Lindsey too short so had to pay P6000 To have that fixed. Unit continued to short cycle. Came out again said outdoor motherboard AND compressor overload were both bad...then outdoor blower motor was bad. They replaced all of those items. I have years of AC experience and told the "KID" that is not the problem. He leaves unit still short cycling so I finally called Manila again and told them MY diagnosis.

After further discussion between themselves they agreed to send same KID out to replace the indoor thermistor. The KID damaged my casings on inside unit. Now unit is acting up again with about 3 weeks remaining on warranty. I told them they need to send someone else out as I had banned Mystic from coming inside the property again since he has really no idea what he is doing and no respect for someone else's property....I.e. Indoor portion of the Samsung a.c. NEVER EVER BUY SAMSUNG AIRCON products....unless you're rich and don't mind just throwing your money out the door. Learned my lesson on Samsung. Never again buy their a.c. products.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2019

We bought the Samsung Inverter Split type aircon 3 months ago because me and my wife were expecting a baby at that time. Since day one, the unit is not cooling properly. It's like it's always in fan mode even though it is set at "cool" mode. We called a technician last month and they checked the condenser and unit altogether but after a day, same problem occurred. The temperature here in the Philippines is very hot and we are anxious on this coming summer. We don't want our baby continue to suffer from this heat like what is happening at this very moment and I would like Samsung to fix this as soon as possible.

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2018

The unit is one year old. It is at a vacation home in the North Carolina mountains 7 hours away from my home. The unit has had connection problems since day one. I have spent countless hours on the phone with factory techs and nothing helps. The unit is 10 feet up on a wall and 20 feet across a room with no obstructions from router. I have other wifi enabled products in different rooms and different levels of the house that never have a problem. VERY DISAPPOINTED. HUGE WASTE of money if you are going to be dependent on wifi operation. I have steered many customers away from all Samsung products and will continue to do so.

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2018

I am a builder of energy efficient homes in coastal NC. I put in a 3 ton Samsung unit with three mini air handlers. The system was installed in late 2013. We have had constant breakdowns requiring circuit boards, thermistors, Freon leaks, power problems, etc. I am now looking at $1200 to replace an evaporator coil. Have decided to eat the whole thing and replace everything with Mitsubishi equipment.

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2018

Had bought a Samsung 1.5ton AC in the month of May, 2018. Within six months of usage, there has been gas leakage issues, fan/capacitator has been replaced and now the motherboard is being replaced. Above all each of these replacements takes 3-5 working days. Request immediate refund.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2018

This product is complete garbage, I wish it wasn't but I've been at this for 20 Years and honestly customer service ** knows it, grow a ** pair and fix the ** problems. Units never run full speed other than K2 pressed for cooling test, sensors read way below never reaching setpoint, no calibration or override to run full cooling. This is my worst nightmare. Unit is not running at specified spec therefore your company is potentially liable for the replacement cost and labour due to false advertising. I never seen such crap??? Period. Overall man the ** up and fix the program for override full cooling, even when the specs you write, that's all **, if it says 36,000 but, half speed ** doesn't cut it. The units never run full cooling and never maintain temperature. This system we installed is oversized with AC and still crap.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed July 6, 2018

Samsung air conditioners are a HIT OR MISS, with a little less than 50-50 chance to be a likely MISS. We bought 17 units, and had them installed by their accredited installer. We bought them thinking that Samsung was a reliable and customer oriented company - based on their availability and advertising everywhere. But boy, was that a mistake. We are now stuck with 8 units that are basically useless (blowing hot air or no air at all) - one more after 7 units were finally noted broken by Samsung Philippines head office technician. It took me 4 months of persistent calling to convince them to send one, only to find out he had nothing better to offer as a solution but to slap me with the same bill (ranging from $170-320 a unit) the accredited service center very uncreatively push every time - nothing but reprocessing and motherboard replacement.

8 of the 17 air conditioners units (mostly barely used if at all used), are now junk within a span of a little over 3 years. Through the course of its first year warranty period, we already had clear warnings - it's not a one in a 17 kinda thing - as roughly 5 units already had issues. And I was a frequent caller of their so called customer service hotline. Luckily when we bought the units I paid for extended 2 more years warranty. Some barely used air-conditioners that were fixed - now remain "fixed" but more continue to stop functioning out of the blue.

We also have units that were broken one day, suddenly functioning on its own the next, then totally dead soon after, right as the warranties expire. Their customer service hotline have nothing but empathy and empty promises to offer. No REAL offer to rectify the situation other than a bill for certain TEMPORARY REPAIR. Trust me. Do not waste your hard earned money on a Samsung, you would be so much luckier playing Russian roulette.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2018

We bought our Samsung Digital Inverter a month ago in a Fravega Store in Buenos Aires City. After three weeks of well performance the AC started to malfunction. We fed up with the way Samsung staff has taken up the entire problem. They are very evasive and don't really understand how to deal with the issue. They want us to deal with the installation and desmining of the unit which of course means money money money. When the failed unit was sold to us by them. Such a shame. We would not recommend anyone to take SAMSUNG Digital Inverter. We would like to get this machine replaced.

Reviewed May 15, 2018

I have bought 8 Samsung inverter air conditioners for my newly renovated house. It has cost me a quarter of a million pesos thinking that this product is good and durable. However, after 1 1/2 years of usage, all kinds of problem came out like it doesn't cooling, dripping water from the unit, totally shutting off after opening. Of course, I contacted my Samsung dealer installer and complained to them. And every unit complained, they said that the condenser has a leak, and need to be replaced. They will usually bill me around 8,000 to 16,000 pesos depending on their check up. Definitely! I will not recommend this SAMSUNG AIR CONDITION UNITS. They are a waste of money. Dealer also for repair are not accommodating. Regrets why I bought this brand. Please do not buy this Samsung air conditioners inverter.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2018

I bought Samsung 1.5 ton AC 8 months back but since the beginning it is constantly showing no cooling conditions. The people from service centre have changed the copper wire also, then they took the indoor and outdoor unit for ten days but again after two three days the conditions remain same. I am fed up with the way Samsung staff has taken up the entire problem. I would not recommend anyone to take Samsung AC. How can a new AC face so many technical problems. I would like to get this machine replaced.

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2017

I purchased a 14,000 BTU Window AC Unit for a bedroom 5 years ago from Sam's Club. It has received heavy usage over these long Texas summers, remaining on nearly half the year. Still going strong. No problems. My only complaint is that every time the unit is turned on, it goes straight to "money saver" mode, which I do not like, as the fan cycling off and on wakes me at night. I have simply gotten into the habit of turning the thing on with 3 clicks; power on, system cycle to fan only, then cool.

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2017

We purchased Samsung VRV last year. After installation units are not working fine and every time we raising complaint to Samsung but problem not get resolve till now. Now they are asking Rs. 2700/ - for every visit. Every visit we are paying amount. Even not ready to take direct AMC thru Samsung. I written complaint in CEO desk also. No suitable reply I am getting. If anyone planning to purchase Samsung related HVAC I will suggest think before purchasing. Worst service and worst performance of AC's.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Purchased AC unit in 2014. Have had electrical problems with it for the last several years, keeps shutting off in heat/ac/dehumidifier modes. Installer has gotten nowhere with Samsung tech support. They have recommended so many changes. We have spent enough to almost buy a new one. DO NOT buy Samsung if you want a quality product and any kind of customer service!

Reviewed May 25, 2017

I have brought new Samsung AC in cost of 38000. I have already 8 more time service this AC but the AC problem is same. Samsung such a big company but product is very bad. So pizza guys don't buy this company AC. My AC probably is same. I'm not satisfied for this company.

Price

Reviewed April 12, 2017

I bought a Samsung Inverter Split AC for Rs 47000 from Samsung showroom during Nov. 2015, considering 10 years warranty on compressor. Sparingly used it in 2016. When restarted in March 17 it did not function. After repeated requests it was repaired and power board fitted with compressor was changed, and I was charged Rs 8400. In spite of buying a high price AC, my experience with Samsung is not good and I would not buy any Samsung AC in future.

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2017

My Samsung split air conditioner is not properly working. Sometimes it works well but most of the time it doesn't blow cold air. I bought this product 2 hrs ago and seldom use it except during the hot season. Stay away from this product. Save your money and buy something else. Too late for me to know that there has been a lot of complaint with regards to this Samsung split type one.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2016

I have purchased a split AC of Samsung in the year 2014. Just on the 364th day the AC stopped working. I was forced to pay for gas charge. Again the AC stopped within 7 days. The AC was taken to work shop, and I was again forced to pay for gas charge. The AC was delivered at my doorstep, and was not installed. After several follow ups, I came to know that the Samsung agent has changed some parts of my AC, and with several follow ups the AC was repaired, and installed after 2 months, end of November (during winter). Once we started the AC in the month of February (during summer), the AC was again not working. It took about 2 months to repair the machine.

The whole summary - out of one and a half years, the AC was in the work shop for more than 5 months. Again the AC stopped working in August. The Samsung engineer is stating that it is having the same problem as in 2015, and I need to pay Rs. 10000/- for repairs. I have been telling SAMSUNG since 2015 that this is a faulty machine and please give a replacement, but I was assured that they will take care in near future, if anything happens. What do I do now???

StaffProcess

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2016

When my beloved Mr Slim was going after many years of nearly being maintenance-free, my HVAC folks replaced it with a Samsung mini split. The thing has been a nightmare ever since. It may blow hot or cold air (meaning it works somewhat), but it fails in many other ways. The manual for it is poorly written and has misspellings. If you contact Samsung for consumer assistance, they tell you that you have to go back to the HVAC people. So, no support from Samsung. I wanted to know why AUTO MODE would not let you select a temperature except 73, 77 or 81 and why not 78 or 76. Also, why the unit makes a loud whirring noise in COOL mode. Sometimes, the unit would change temperature all by itself to something I didn't select. The HVAC people can't figure it out either, as the 1 or 2 degree Auto mode select option goes up or down 4 degrees or 2. I think it's C rather than Fahrenheit in their manual.

HVAC people said to just run it in HEAT or COOL mode, and not to use AUTO. What? That's like buying a car with both manual and automatic transmission, but never being able use the automatic transmission feature. My other mini split was great, and auto mode worked so I never had to program it ever. This Samsung is terrible. It works sporadically concerning the temp and mode. The fan always runs, where my other mini split would turn fan off when reaching a variable of some sort. There is absolutely no support to the consumer from Samsung and finding manuals for it are difficult, unless you go to a site for HVAC companies. I am hoping the HVAC people will take this thing out of here and get me something that works the way it's supposed to. I've not had good luck with Samsung household products, and the mini split is the worst yet. Poorly programmed in the unit itself.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2016

Do not buy Samsung AC. You will be stressed with 1) The aircon itself. It breaks down a lot. 2) This will suck you dry. 3) The customer service and service center are highly incompetent. I got Samsung because it is Samsung and I believe that they have made a name and this brand will never fail you. But it did! It made my business hell!! Find another brand and do a research on it.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 28, 2016

Samsung ducted air condition - Owned for less than a year and the unit keeps failing. First time they sent a technician around over 5 times. 2 months later after changing the PC board, The return valve and the compressor finally fixed. Now 6 months later not working again. Technician changed once again the PC board and the compressor. 1 hour after the technician leaves the unit stops working. NEVER Samsung again.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceReliability

Reviewed May 6, 2016

I have purchased this product (AR24HV5NBWKNNA) from Samsung Dealer in May 2014 and from the date of purchase I'm not satisfied with the product. Installation of A/C was not proper as it took 12 hours by your engineer. Then in next year 2015 the A/C was not performing and called Samsung and executive visited and directly filled gas in warranty without inspecting the reason of leakage, and gradually after 3 months again cooling decreased. Also water leakage from indoor unit started immediately after refilling and now in current season when unit was started there was no cooling and when engineer visited on 1st call he immediately order a gas refilling without inspecting the reason for leakage.

And so the second complaint was lodged and then that engineer inspected the actual reason for regular gas leakage i.e. leakage found in cooling coil which was the only reason for 1st time non cooling, which should have been searched and rectified in 2015 when the gas was refilled the first time. We were given an only option to replace to new cooling coil at our cost whereas I feel problem shouldn't have arised in the 1st year of purchase which I feel was not expected from the world leader brand like Samsung.

Right now I and my Family uses Samsung brand TV, AC, refrigerator, phones, washing machine, microwave. Also further we have to install new units at my Factory and 2 Houses but now after experiencing such problem within a year I feel I should rethink over that. Also during water leakage from indoor unit my Indoor Wooden cabinet along with printer and mobiles were damaged. If you wish to see the leakage I have shot a video of it. Also, a suggestion. This kind of malfunction directly hits your Brand Reputation that how Samsung deals with its product Malfunctioning. I strongly request you to please look into this matter on priority as the season has started and there is a need to run the Air Conditioner. So replace the defective part or replace the whole unit.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed April 29, 2016

Wish I could use all the slangs in here to define how Samsung AC/Service Center people work. Main thing to understand: NEVER EVER buy a Samsung AC. Go for LG instead. I have all good reviews about LG from few of my friends. Samsung is all interested in selling the product. They are not concerned if the customers are facing issues with the unit nor concerned to consider feedback and work on the same. I started noticing a bad odor from the indoor unit within two days of installation (and let me tell you that I hardly use it in the night for an hour at the max). I called up customer care, registered a complaint. Well, the person assigned Mr. ** was very rude and has soo much of attitude that he does not want to listen to what you want to say and disconnects.

Next day when I again call him, he says he will attend. He comes, just sprays the perfume and leaves. I myself had done that many a times before he could visit to bare the smell. This is not called as a service. But the bad odor exists. I know that bad odor can be for two reasons, if some dead insects in the drain pipe or if there is a lot of dust collected within the filters. This cannot happen within two days and I am sure about that and as I mentioned, I haven't even used it that much. I registered a complaint again through email. I get a con call arranged. The service manager Mr. ** says he will get the indoor unit replaced. I asked him to service it first and then if the issue persists, then to replace. He acted off to be a very good human being on call and provided a contact number to directly contact him for issues.

There was another technician arranged to look into this and he did clean the filters, drain pipe and all. But the same day, in the night, the smell was back. So I tried contacting Mr. **, and he does not pick up the call. Once he picked up and promised to give a callback but I did not receive any. Then after trying numerous times, he picks up after a day and he transfers the call to someone and when asked about the replacement as promised, he is all rude like Mr. ** and says will send a technician. I was explaining him the scenario and he is not bothered to listen and he laughs over when asked about replacement and disconnects the call. Let me tell you, the technicians who come for installation, issues, they are all inexperienced, irresponsible. They don't know how to explain anything. They hardly look like 17 years old. I am not saying all are inexperienced, but yes, people who did come to my place were.

Samsung is the worst product ever. DO NOT BUY. Their service sucks. Such an harassment for a customer. Service people are inexperienced and irresponsible. I am going to write everywhere I possibly can. I just wish and pray your business stops in the AC world. You guys should consider recruiting experienced people, or at least give a proper training and should learn how to talk to a customer. ** unit and service. Model number: AR12KC3HATPNNA.

Samsung Air Conditioners Company Information