4.0(1,091)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Pella

Pella is a nationwide window manufacturer and installer. It has more than 200 showrooms in North America, with online and in-home ordering options. In-home consultations are free and offer a no-obligation quote for your window project. Pella also backs its windows with varying warranties depending on the window type. Custom and specialty window projects are available.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Available nationwide
  • Custom and specialty windows
  • Financing available
Cons
  • Can be pricey
  • Not all windows available online

Our editor’s take

Pella is a legitimate company that sells and installs windows. The company offers a variety of window styles, with a warranty included. Pella is available nationwide, so it may be worth getting a free quote to see if Pella is right for you.

Pella products

Pella offers several window styles and options. These include:

• Casement
  • Bay and bow
  • Custom
  • Specialty

How to get Pella

Pella windows are ordered online or through an in-home consultation. Online orders are available for windows, installation kits, replacement screens and hardware.

In-home appointments take roughly 90 minutes. A Pella representative will measure windows, explain the installation process and provide a no-obligation quote. You will also see design, color and material options. Speciality, bay and bow, and custom windows are available by appointment only.

Pella window prices

Pella prices vary based on window type. You can get a free quote from the company for a more accurate price.

Pella FAQ

What is Pella?

Pella is a window manufacturer. The company’s products can be purchased online or after a consultation.

How does Pella work?

Pella windows can be ordered online, at a showroom or after an in-home consultation. Company representatives are available to assist with your order and will arrange the installation process.

A warranty for your windows will vary based on the window type.

Where is Pella available?

Pella is available nationwide. It has more than 200 showrooms in North America.

Is Pella legit?

Pella is a legitimate window manufacturer and installer. It backs its windows with a variety of warranties. With more than 200 showrooms across the nation, Pella can be found in almost every state.

Stars Rating

• 62%
  • 10%
  • 8%
  • 6%
  • 14%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pella?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pella?
    Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed July 3, 2024

I liked the ease of being able to work with the company and the quality of their product. I met with somebody named James and he came to my condo and he did a fantastic job. He was very professional and easy to work with. I've had a lot of other people ask me who did my windows and doors and I've recommended him to them. We had to order materials and the replacement process was maybe two months. And then, for the install, they called and we did the date within the next month. So, for each project, it took three to four months.

One installation was with the sliding glass doors and, once the materials were ready, I was informed that everything was ready and we selected a date. And then, the crew came and put down protective paper and kept everything in my house from getting damaged. They did the install within a day for both of the projects, which was great. I didn't have to stay in a hotel and I was able to enjoy the new products as soon as the crew finished that evening. They cleaned up the work and overall, they were very professional and very helpful.

I'm very happy with the quality of the products. There were some issues at our condo with water leaks in the doors and French doors were rotting. I was one of the first residents to change to a sliding glass door and I went with a vinyl door and it was custom-built. So, it was a special product for the door. It wasn't a pre-fabricated door for both of the up and down sliding glass doors. The water issue has been eliminated. There's no more leaking. The crew repaired some damaged rock that was around the trim. I really can tell a difference now that all of the windows and doors have been done by Pella. I feel like the condo retains cool air a lot better. It's a great overall experience, great company, great product, and great customer service.

Get buying tips about Windows delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 3, 2024

When we called Pella, the salesperson was able to come out quickly and I liked him. Pella had a great selection and a nice showroom. The reps took a look and gave us some options on what would be appropriate for our style house, the price range that we were looking in, the whole process that it was gonna take and if it was a custom window, how long it was gonna take. That was in October of last year. They were very thorough and comprehensive. Then, Pella sent somebody out to measure and he did. But then, they sent somebody else out to measure. We went to the showroom to pick out exactly what we wanted and they custom-made exactly what we wanted, which was great.

We had two windows done on the side of the house, where you lift the window, and it has a screen embedded in it. So, when you close the window, you can't see the screen and when you open the window, there's a screen. Both of those were very expensive. But it's something that we wanted and we were able to get. The installation was super easy. When the window came in, they called and the crew came out for one of the windows. It was two guys for the big giant window that we had. It was a $15,000 window. Three guys got the window in and they showed us what they had done and how to use the window and the cranks. One of the latches was broken and they immediately called for a new one. Their customer service is A-plus.

We didn't get the windows in until March. There’s no draft and it is quiet. They feel very solid to me. We have aluminum on the outside so they won't rot, and wood on the inside that they custom-stained to a color that we wanted. The product is quality. They're not cheaply made and everything is custom. So, it's not just some factory already made window. Pella has great guarantees. If anything goes wrong with the window, they fix it right away. We had multiple people come out to look at things. Right now, customer service is lacking in a lot of companies and that's what sets Pella apart for me and why we paid more is for the customer service.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

We like the looks of the Pella products and the pricing that they came up with. Their rep was not high-pressure at all, let us take our time to make this big decision, was very knowledgeable, and gave us multiple options of what we could do. He knew that the neighborhood we're in has a very strong HOA. So, we were changing the color of our windows, and we had to go through approval process with them to allow us to change the coloring on our house, and he was very patient to work with us on that and gave us all the information we needed to provide to the HOA to get the approval.

He told us that from the time of ordering till the the windows would be available from the manufacturing process would be 10 to 12 weeks, which was fine. That worked well with us because we made the decision in January-February timeframe. So, that was going to work out with better weather for us here because we knew the house would be open. So, April-May timeframe would have worked out fine. They were manufactured and made available to us in about a four-week timeframe. It worked out well for us that we had a warm spell here in Tennessee. The weather cooperated with everything we were trying to do.

We had 42 windows removed and on one of the pair of windows, we had a single solid window put in there. So, we had 41 total installed. It took them approximately a week to do that. We got delayed for a couple of days because of rain, and it was fine with us not to install when it was raining. They started on Monday and they were finished on Sunday with two days of rain delay. They told us it would be five to six days to get everything done. So, that was fine.

The overall process was painless for us. It went smoothly. The installation crew was very courteous and careful to ensure that there wasn't any dirt or any issues inside the house as they were moving the windows. We've had the windows installed now for a couple of months and, thus far, we're very happy with them. We got a lifetime warranty on the windows. It's a 20-year on installation and the glass.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 21, 2024

Pella took my number and had somebody call me back to help me out. But working with the supervisors was more of a rigmarole than I would have expected, especially when I'm paying a premium price for their product. I'm not talking to a guy on the floor of Home Depot or Lowe's. I'm paying a lot of money for Pella to come out and do the job. And it took more effort than I thought was necessary from a premium supplier like Pella.

Be cautious and make sure that you're clear on what work will be performed. The door trim on the inside of the house was the wrong color. It was brown. It was supposed to be white. The house is white on the inside. The door is brown on the outside, the door is white on the inside, but they had brown trim on the inside. So, we had this big circle of brown around this brand-new white door. Initially, they didn't wanna paint it the correct color. Eventually, they did, but it shouldn't have taken four phone calls and a couple of days to get it done. I had to go back and forth with the Pella office before they would come out and do something about it. I had to talk to three people. Finally, they wound up sending a painter out to have the trim with the correct color. So, it was not a flawless job by Pella.

Go step-by-step exactly what the work would be and what they would provide to make sure that you're not surprised by what the product is. Other than that, the two employees that installed the new door did a nice job and were very conscientious, prompt, kept the work area clean. I was very satisfied with their work. The painter who came out and put two coats of paint on it did a great job.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2023

If you read nothing else, please remember the name David **. This is the person from Pella you want to work with if you need window replacements and related contracting work done in the DMV area. * * * * Getting work or repairs done on your home is an undertaking. The reality is mistakes are going to happen that are outside of everyone’s control. What’s important to me is whether the company I am working with did everything to make the experience as perfect for me as a customer, even when things go sideways. That is what I loved about working with the Pella team, and if you are thinking about replacing your windows (and any surrounding surfaces of your home), you should seriously consider them.

PRE-CONTRACT: My neighbor and I reached out to Pella for a quote to replace the windows on both our homes, as well as all of the wood trim and siding (which was close to 20 years old at this point) with PVC and HardiePlank. Pella agreed to handle the entire project to ensure we had one single POC that we could work with, start to finish. This was a relief for us, as there were multiple contracts, multiple contractors, and multiple permits that needed to be coordinated and secured to get the project underway since our houses are in a historic district in Washington, DC.

THE LEAD UP: We experienced delays due to supply chain issues and permitting requirements. Pella kept us informed every step of the way, and provided discounts when the delay could have been prevented on their end. They had multiple team members come on site, take measurements, provide viz into how long the project would take once boots were on the ground, and ensured that the project would be above board for all relevant stakeholders (HOA, Historic Preservation Board, etc.).

BOOTS ON GROUND: Once lead-up concluded, they first sent out the window crew, which was led by Garcia and Edgar. Across both homes, there were 28 windows that needed to be replaced. The team knocked out replacement and installation in less than 48 hours for both homes. While the windows were being completed, the project manager, Hamed, realized that not all of the necessary materials needed to replace the trim and siding had been ordered. He put rush orders at no additional cost to us to make sure the materials were on site for when the windows were completed. We experienced no delays because of this. The siding and trim replacement team was led by a different project manager, Kim, and a separate crew, and they immediately picked up where Garcia and his team left off with no interruption. Within a week, all wood siding and trim paneling on our houses had been replaced, and the homes looked brand new.

MAJOR KUDOS: When the windows first arrived, we noticed that the windows for our neighbor’s home were different from ours. Because of where we live, this likely would have caused us serious headaches down the road with the relevant permitting parties, as our homes were supposed to be identical in terms of how they looked. It goes without saying, but 14 new windows are not cheap and cannot be easily ordered and replaced. Yet Pella knew how critical it was to the project that the houses be identical based on our prior discussions with them during the lead up to us executing the contracts. They replaced all 14 of these windows at no additional cost to us, and made sure to deliver the project as we envisioned it.

WHY I WILL WORK WITH PELLA AGAIN (AND WHY YOU SHOULD TOO): This was a complicated project. I am thrilled with the final product, but what I am most happy about is how Pella took care of us start to finish. More specifically, I would be remiss not to call out David Lage and his team for their support throughout all of this. While David technically operates in a sales function, and was our very first POC when we started working with Pella. When we had issues, he always advocated on our behalf and demonstrated customer obsession. He took charge as a project manager would when there was confusion surrounding the details of our project within Pella, and worked tirelessly to ensure the best experience for us.

If we had to go back and do it all over again, I would do it with David and his team in our corner. I can’t reiterate enough how appreciative I am of all the work David and the rest of the Pella team did. If you are in the market for a project like this, or simply replacing your windows, do yourself a favor and send David an email.

Reviewed July 14, 2024

We have 18-foot ceilings and Pella finally came out with an electric battery-operated window we could use up top. I wanted it to all match. However, it took forever to get anywhere. The time frame, very slow. The rep came out and looked at stuff, and we sent it to the insurance company. It was time-consuming between the insurance and Pella. It wasn't all Pella’s fault. We waited and waited on the insurance people, and we waited and waited on Pella. It took at least a year. But the people have been very friendly and nice to work with. And the installation process was very good. The guys came out and did it once it had a date. The doors are of good quality except my garage door's seal keeps coming loose and I keep having to have it replaced. Also, it's very pricey. But it's a good product.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 14, 2024

Between Pella and this other company, the price was not much of a difference, but it was about the availability. We told Pella what we were looking for and the rep walked through the options. After I met with the guy that could tell us about it, we made an appointment for availability and they started the installation that day. The only issue was we had just paid for our house to be cleaned and there was a lot of mess left. After that, we still had issues with the windows. The cold air still came in. Somebody came out to check the windows to see what was happening. And it turned out that they hadn't insulated the windows on the sides. So, we had to schedule for that, and they had to come back to do that.

Something happened both times, because we had it in two installments. And we still haven't completed the whole house. We still have 15 windows left. We didn't have a final inspection. And when we started noticing all the issues, that was when we started calling. We also got locked out of the house. The back door locked at one point and it wouldn't unlock. We tried to get ahold of Pella but we weren't able to get ahold of them until the next day. So, we had to call somebody to come and unlock the door. But we now have better quality windows. We get a lot of compliments.

Installation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed July 14, 2024

We had great service. I love Pella and have recommended them to people. Windows are ridiculously expensive. However, they were all about the same price. But I Liked Pella's presentation. They put our mind at ease about the expense. They had some financing options that we were happy with. So, we chose one of those. Also, I liked Pella's congeniality. They seemed to understand that money was an issue and were mindful of that. And they were as quiet as they could be for installing windows. Everything got cleaned up.

The furniture wasn't put back to right because they had to still install the window sill. So, we kept that all separated. They came the next day, and realized that they were a quarter of an inch off so they couldn't install them. They had to get them windows recut because they were custom-sized. That took three weeks to do, which was not a big deal. The windows are gorgeous. We got the screenless windows which I would recommend to anybody because it always looks like I'm looking at a clean window. And I like the ease of cleaning them. I can see out of my windows again.

Reviewed July 14, 2024

The window that I had in my office had a small leak in it. The current home that we purchased has Pella windows and doors and I didn't like the warranty. They came out to look at it and they said that the window was under warranty, but something wasn't. It wasn't a functional window and it led me to replace the entire window. I was a little upset. I spent $5,000 on a new window when I could've just probably fixed it. It seemed odd to me why all of it wouldn't be covered.

The price was too much, but it is what it is. Also, we wanted to stay with the same brand and we found that the service or the team was a lot better than another company. Henry was the rep who went through the products with us and he was really great. He handled all our concerns and worked with us to get us where we wanted to be as far as product and things like that. The team that worked on the installation could have done a cleaner job with the grout, though. There are areas where there's a little bit of a gap that they could have filled in. It's nothing bad but the caulk that they put in is a little bit goopy. But they worked very quickly and the quality of the windows is great.

Reviewed July 14, 2024

I got doors from Pella, and the installation took about a couple of months. We had to wait because one was the entrance door for the front and the other one was the back, and they were two different sizes. So, there was some extra construction because of that. Now that it's done, the doors add contrast to the house.

Pella Company Information