1.19/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

600 Pella Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My experience with Pella was nothing at all like any of the other reviews on this site. I had to replace my front door. I was referred by a friend, and was contacted by Chris **. Chris was honest and friendly in helping me choose the door that best fit my home and my price range. If you're in the Hampton Roads area I highly recommend you do business with Pella.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I recently purchased my home, which came with all Pella windows and doors including a Pella storm door on my front entryway. I do not regularly use this door, so it stays shut and locked at all times. The home recently went under full inspection for our insurance company which included windows and doors. Last night 02/12/19 our area was hit with a thunderstorm that brought high winds (gusts of 20-30mph). Nothing uncommon for our area. I woke up this am to find that the door had been damaged, the frame bent and the full front glass shattered. I contacted Pella customer support, I was told to have my original door paperwork, as well as registration number and before and after photos if I had them.

I called back shortly after to provide all information for the case that was started and was put on hold for well over an hour, during this time I started a live chat through the website with a customer support agent named Samantha, who I can assure you was not pleasant at all. After speaking with Samantha as well as a representative on the phone, both explained to me that the storm door was not covered under warranty from storm or wind damage but only defects to the door from the manufacturer or workmanship. I explained to both representatives that the door sat flush in the door frame yesterday when I got home, after the storm the door from itself is bent and glass shattered, leading me to believe there was a weakness in the door.

The representative made sure to tell me that the 20-year warranty only covers defects and I would have noticed that within 30 days of installation not 9 years later. I asked if she would tell me the exact same thing if the door was only 30 days old granted they have no way of inspecting the door to determine fault or damage, to which she replied "it's conditional", and that I was not understanding how to read my warranty. I then read the warranty out loud to her, that states "Pella will, without charge to the purchaser, provide parts or exchange, at its option any door determined to be defective in material or workmanship for 20 years after the purchase date." And asked how my 9-year-old door is not covered under warranty without inspection, to which she replied, "We don't offer inspections and replacement is only 30 days after purchase date" and that I could buy replacement glass on the website.

I explained again that the door frame is bent, and even if I could get glass in the frame I would not put new glass in a damaged door to which she replied "You would be better off buying a whole new door, is there anything else I can help you with". I can assure you I WILL be replacing my door and it WILL NOT be with a Pella door. This has by far been the worst company to deal with since home ownership, My parents have built their forever home with Pella products and I was so excited that my forever home was built with them as well, I cannot wait to replace all the windows and doors in my house now. I guess if my products were that cheaply made and widely distributed I wouldn't stand behind my warranty either.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Just last week (Tuesday, February 5, 2019), we had a Pella front door, sidelights and transom installed. The door doesn't fit well inside the sidelights. There are drafts around. The sidelights do not seal at the bottom. You can see outside under the sidelights. The purchase was made through Lowe's. The installation is not the issue. The door and sidelights came as a single unit. The installer let Lowe's know about the issues. Lowe's contacted Pella. Pella called me yesterday (6 days after installation - 2/11/2019). "Cassandra" said that she doubts anything can be done about the issues, but they scheduled someone to come out on Tuesday, 2/19/2019. She was implying that it is our problem now, because a low-profile sill was installed and they don't recommend that.

We are not the experts, so not the decision makers about what hardware is required for a new unit installation. We do not appreciate what appears to be the Pella decision that we're stuck with this unit as is. Ice is forming inside the house along the bottom of the sidelights. Why would we have paid $9,000 for this inferior product that Pella is not standing behind, and not resolving the issues?? (We are in southeast Michigan.)

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

They are in our basement. None (NOT 1) will lock; we have to put a piece of pipe in the windows to keep someone from opening them. They let all the cold in also. I wish we had just used Champion again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I recently purchased a Pella storm door. I purchased because I thought the Pella name meant quality. It turned out that the instructions were terrible. I spent a very long time reading instructions and making sure I got things correct. I ended up putting the door in backwards. There is now a hole on the wrong side of the door. Now I find out that other doors predetermine right or left and you do not have to drill your own hole. I wish that I would have read about that before purchasing this problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pella?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We are building a new house and are considering Pella windows. We have them in our current house and have been pleased with them except for the skylights. One of the skylights is leaking and needs the seal replaced. Seal replacement was required about 10 years ago and stopped the leak. Recent information from Pella indicates that they no longer offer support for their skylights. I made a commitment to Pella by having a hole in my roof with their product in it. I expect a similar commitment from the company to me. I will have to replace the seal myself. I will not be using Pella's product in my new home.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The cost to replacement a French door handle/lock - not the door just the handle! Was over 400.00 self installed! It’s not a door we can switch out because it’s a 3 door unit from 1994. The Pella company wanted to charge 400 $ for the handle! Do not purchase items because the replacement for a minor part can cost too much money! I’m very disappointed in Pella???

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Had Pella double storm doors installed in 2012. California has been in a drought for several years so it wasn't until several years later that we got some rain. One morning I noticed my ceiling dripping water. At the time I couldn't tell where it was coming from so after the rain I had the ceiling repaired. The next rain I noticed a wet area adjacent the Pella installed storm doors and thought the rainwater was coming in through the seal under the door. I called Pella and they sent a technician who said the door wasn't installed square or the house had shifted causing the door to go out of square and they would contact me about what to do.

They never called back. The next rain storm I noticed rainwater coming through the door where the glass meets the lower glass frame part of the door. I called Pella to reports the finding and took pictures as proof. Pella said it was their policy, I would need to hire a water leak detection company to certify the leak even though I had pictures and would not send over a technician to observe the problem. This is not part of my 10-year door warranty. Warning to others don't use Pella. Their door warranty is worthless if you have a problem.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Signed contract on Sept 25, 2018 and gave a deposit of 1340.00 for a door and sidelight. Delivery was on Nov 8th but I refused to let them install. Quality of sidelight was very disappointing-glass too small and came in cheap looking. Hard to communicate with installer because his English was very poor. Our salesman is playing hard to get. We just want our money back!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

We are the second owners of a home built in 2003 and we took possession in 8/2009. The first thing we did was check warranties on all items for building the home. We have case windows throughout the house plus a 6' sliding glass door from Pella. We proceeded to test each window and then the sliding door. 10 out of 12 case windows failed and had to be replaced. The sliding door was fine (maybe!).

Pella honored the warranty and replaced all windows at no cost. I asked what would the cost be without warranty? $14,000. Fast forward and the home is now 15 years old. One day this past fall we were entertaining some friends and one friend told me my sliding door is damaged. The vinyl on the lower right had popped off and exposed some structural wood damage. Pella came out, took a look (5 min) and said it needed to be replaced.

Since I wanted a quick fix, I called the office, spoke to customer service and got an initial quote of $1200. When the paper quote arrived (two weeks), it said $1643, parts and labor. I went to Lowe's to find a price and it was parts and labor $1300, no warranty, Product was ProLine. I called Pella to inquire about the quote which had no line item information. I was told it was incorrect and a refund was done! A refund check was received five weeks later out of Pella IA. Why would you send out an erroneous quote?

Well 8 weeks after the initial call, the door was delivered so I could stain it. I had to reschedule the install. This was Tuesday after Thanksgiving, 2018. Customer service said they would not be available to install the door until the last week of January, 2019. To myry 8, 2018 consternation, customer service changed their attitude and reschedule for January 2019. Then when I opened the delivered door, I noticed there was no handle. The handle comes in two parts: inner and outer door. The cost was 125 for inner and 110 for out, ballpark. Ballpark was a term Pella used. They said they would have to check details of the door and give an accurate quote. Ah, didn't they just deliver the door. Isn't that information accessible on their computer. Duh! Well stay tuned but ignore doing business with Pella. Other vendors are less expensive with better service. This is zero stars.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Purchased Pella Premium products when building a new home in 2006. Big mistake. Doors have always been drafty but now after a service call to fix broken indoor blinds, for which I paid for in advance and waited two months for, I am being told that half the units need to be replaced because the exterior cladding has delaminated and caused the panels to rot! In reading others complaints I have discovered that this is a known problem.

Cost? $13,000!

Customer service has been non responsive, slow and disinterested. The quote for replacement didn’t even explain why the panels needed to be replaced. I had to ask for an explanation. When I asked the “Customer Service Representative” for contact info of a higher authority she emailed me a phone number. No name, no title or department just a number. Buyers beware. This is not a good company. I will replace with another brand before I do business with Pella again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I bought a Pella front-entry door from Overhead Doors in Lethbridge 2 years ago. It cost me approximately $7,000.00. Now the handle on the inside of the door has come loose. I called Overhead Doors and they told me there was no more warranty and they would charge me to come look at it. What kind of hardware do they use? Dollar store? Also, same year, purchased a sliding patio door at $9,300.00. Last year I found the screen would not stay open. I called them about it and they sent some guy in a ponytail over who told me it was because my house was crooked and not their problem. Have they never heard of a wedge? Would definitely NOT refer Pella to anybody ever.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We replaced our french door leading out to the deck a few years ago. We went with Pella doors thinking they would be a better quality. We were completely wrong and only a few years later, water comes in during heavy downpours. I called Pella customer service and it will take several months for someone to come for a look. Looks like $9,000.00 for the doors is down the drain. I would never recommend Pella to anyone and would never consider them again. Hope this review can prevent another person from making the same mistake I made.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We have had our Pella Windows and doors for 11 years. What a disappointment! We THOUGHT we were spending extra funds on the 'better quality name brand' windows for our new house built in 1997. Wow, were we wrong! Every year I get frustrated more and more as I sit with drafty windows. Here we go, starting another cool weather season and I am literally watching the draft blow a piece of paper off the window sill. We both grew up in an old drafty houses and were intent to not have that problem. We absolutely made the wrong choice with Pella. From the beginning, we had door problems. Our back door let rain in and it puddled on our brand new wood floor several times before we changed. The front door came with slanted side lights. They fixed the problem but I do not know how a reputable company could let a product leave with something that obvious and not be found in a quality check.

But besides all that...the biggest problem is, since the first winter, we have had to use PLASTIC on our WINDOWs! Yes, the type that you use double sided stick tape and shrink with hairdryer. How ridiculous that these windows from this company would draft so much that we would have no other choice. Within 18 mos of installation 6-8 had to be replaced because the seal was out and they fogged over. They did replace at no charge but with no other reimbursement for our hassle. We have wood interior on the interior of the window (not vinyl) and I had to re-stain ALL THE REPLACEMENTS which is time consuming in the first place but I am still upset that I had to re-do on the new ones due to the faulty windows being replaced.

The issues I have could go on and on. With the shrink plastic in place and tight, within a few days the plastic had so much of a draft and pressure on our one kitchen window that the plastic bowed out about 2". I took a pic, sent to customer service. ANOTHER tech/rep came and their "go to" answer was that the windows were installed incorrectly! Pass the buck! Even when I could show the rep exactly where the problem was on their product and how the wood had shrunk and was not sealed around the edge, they said there was nothing they could (would) do. Mind you this was after multiple trips from rep because they had to replace and deny there was an issue.

When I had them come for the 3rd cold season in a row he said it was "too late". Why they did not acknowledge fault and try to make right within one of the first visits is still frustrating… Even after 10 yrs and I am sitting here with a sweater because I feel wind coming from window. The air comes freely between the wood part of the window and the vinyl piece that holds the glass in place. There is a gap difference from top to bottom in varying measurements from top to bottom but you can feel the air blow right between. I use a weatherstrip to seal the windows each cool season in those places to try and seal instead of shrink plastic because that is so unsightly! There is also considerable air that blows up through the channel where the tension string runs vertically that attaches the window and allows for it to go up and down.

Point being, Pella did NOTHING to fix the problem of a poor quality window. FROM THE FIRST SEASON thru the 3rd maybe 4th winter I tried to identify the problem with them. The one time they even said they needed to remove the interior trim around our window (warned it might split but I was desperate to try…of course trim did split) and put a spring/shim in. I allowed them to do on one window thinking if it worked, I would have them fix more. It did not. :( The company basically put it off until it was a few years past original installation and then just did nothing. COMPLETELY disappointed with the quality of these windows. Several friends built new homes around the same time and I so wish we had their brands because none have had any issues and I sit here freezing from a draft! Year after year after year… Wow - SAVE YOUR $ and do NOT consider Pella Builder grade windows!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Nov 15, 2018. Marrero, LA. 70072. This letter is to inform the General Public and Pella Window how incompetent Pella Window and their contractor K.C. Company is, and how badly they have mistreated me. I contacted Pella Window through their website. They sent me their contractor, K.C. Company. I agreed upon a price for 10 windows in January 2018. They came out and installed 2 different style of windows in one room! I bought 10 windows. 5 were made a certain way, and 5 were slightly different. Part of my problem is that I allowed their installer to damage my old windows as he removed them from my home. This was a BAD MISTAKE! Once I discovered that my windows did not match, I had no alternative but to leave the mismatched windows in my wall and Pella will reorder the right windows….

It took 8 months for Pella to finally complete my $23,000 job!!! According to K.C.’s contract, once 90% of the work was done, I was obligated to pay them. Meaning, I accepted the installation, but screens and interior trim work needed to be done. At that point, Pella and K.C. Company put forth minimum effort to attend to the completion of my job. They sent a parade of mis-measured screens and trim along with useless and helpless employees who had no expertise and no authority to push my job through to completion!

Yes we settled on a MEAGER price adjustment, but it took 8 months from start to finish. This was an extremely aggravating experience!!! Every time I walk into my sun room, I am reminded of how I was mistreated and taken advantage of. It has been almost a year now since I first met K.C. Company and my anger and frustration has not abated one bit. This is what I learned. Pella Window is located in IOWA. K.C. Company is located in MARYLAND. And they hire local contractors, I am in Louisiana. This is a bad combination. I would have been SO MUCH BETTER OFF if I had kept my old windows and kept my money!!! Stay clear of PELLA WINDOW and K.C. Company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

If you're considering windows/doors please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere - I'm wishing I had. I've been paying for Pella Impervia double hung windows and doors to the tune of ~$40k, which were either: 1) installed incorrectly, resulting in damage to my walls, ceilings, hardwood floors, 2) partially installed - as in physically sitting only halfway through the hole in my walls, 3) have yet to be delivered. Ordered in June '18 - partially 'installed' August '18.

It's now November '18 with no word on when/if this job is ever going to be completed and damage to my home from the improper installation keeps getting worse. Plenty of pics and videos to show if you're interested in seeing why doing business with Pella is a disaster waiting to happen. Initially purchased because Pella supposedly had a strong reputation but believe me, as the damage to my home continues to pile up from these leaking windows, please look elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Bought 8 Pella double hung wood clad windows and one sliding door unit. The door was the first to fail. Moisture in between the panels caused the frame to rot. The cladding totally fell off one unit. The others, the sashes are totally rotted and need to be replaced. I have moss growing in between the panes of glass in a so-called sealed unit. Bottom line JUNK, so if you happy with them and they are 1-5 years old... just wait. They cannot stand the test of time. I have Anderson in the addition, yep thirty years old and no issue at all...

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We purchased 5 PELLA Architect Casement Windows ($2900) as a "family room window set" 120x60" in 2013 from PELLA Showroom. After 2 yrs, one window of the 5 developed a broken seal (condensation issue); it was within warranty for parts and labor. Now 3 yrs later, all 4 other PELLA Windows began leaking, with water actually pushing through glass panes, past wood framing, into house and ruining sill stops. Clearly all 5 of these PELLA Windows were a defective product to begin with. All parts are covered under 10 yr warranty, but I was quoted $1239.75 from Buffalo, NY PELLA repair shop on Walden Ave. for the labor. When local PELLA tech evaluated my case in person, I was told new PELLA showroom owner requires full payment BEFORE he would even place the order for the replacement windows.

I believe this should not be the case. Window parts, still under warranty, should be ordered and provided, regardless whether you commission with the PELLA repair shop to do the repair installation. Not comfortable with personally replacing the windows, we paid the $1239.75 so the replacement windows would be ordered. I called PELLA Corporation (1-866-209-4260) hoping they'd stand by their product. I was told they are not associated with the PELLA folks that do the repairs -- there is only a 2 yr warranty for labor, and they can charge whatever they'd like.

Clearly a defective PELLA product I have, that didn't show its true colors until 5 yrs after initial install. I would recommend someone think long and hard before buying a PELLA product. Think even longer if you need to get a replacement/repair done. Suggest getting the replacement parts under warranty (make sure you don't get misled thinking that you need to pay the repair costs to get the replacement windows sent to you), and hire a reputable contractor to install. If I could give zero stars to PELLA for this review, I would have.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I had a $2600 window put in back in June. Right away I noticed it didn't lock correctly (SAFETY ISSUE!) I thought maybe it needed to "settle in place"-but no. I contacted them. Took a week or 2 to get someone out to fix it, only to be told in AUGUST that I need a new sash. It's now NOVEMBER and it still is not fixed. I'm in Minnesota... It's getting cold here. Those ** think its ok to have a huge gaping hole from an open window when they eventually get around to replace it in winter here. All I get is a runaround and lies from one customer service or manager jerk to another. They have my money, I still don't have a working window.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Bought a combination window patio door unit for around 9 grand. Everything was installed poorly, the screen doors bind like a 15-yr old door and the service guy said to just spray WD-40. It's brand new! It needs adjustment but they got their money and they're out.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought solid wood entry doors from Pella, a nightmare is the best way to describe it. I am disabled and they have really taken advantage of me. The doors came in twice and were rejected by the installer not me, they finally came and installed them and there are numerous defects including a screw through to the front of the door. On install I was told no worry Pella will replace the door slab, well after months of waiting Pella is refusing to replace the door. The repair guy came out to put some putty on it and try to blend it in. Bottom line Pella made a bad door and are refusing to stand behind it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We built a new home and chose Pella windows and doors. The quality of windows has declined over the years. This is our 2nd time purchasing Pella. We ordered a double/french door with glass and rod iron. After our front was installed we noticed dirt between in the pane in our left french door. It took Pella about 2 weeks to schedule us a 6-week visit. They came out and agreed that the glass needed to be replaced. It took another 6 weeks to replace the glass. When they did they replaced the glass with a rain texture, our other glass is a wave texture. So now our french glass door has mismatched glass. They said it would take another 6 to 8 weeks to get the wave glass.

Again they come to our home with another rain textured glass. I complained and they told me they could take the wave that I ordered and replace it with the rain so that my doors would match. I told Pella no, I ordered and paid for the wave texture and the rain looked like a cheap shower door. I was told another 6-8 weeks to get the wave. 2 weeks after that we received a call from Pella say telling us the wave is now discontinued. My only two options were to keep the mismatched glass and get my money back or take the rain design in both doors. Pella doesn't care that now I hate the front door or the fact that I would have never bought the front door with the rain glass. I refuse to settle for a door I hate.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

You are treated first class by Pella when it comes to ordering doors & windows but beware, when you hand over your money and your items arrive you will be greatly disappointed!!! No one will return your calls and nobody will help you. That's the trouble we've been dealing with. Thanks Pella for not standing up to your words!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

In 2016 I replaced all my windows (24) with the architect series. We are extremely happy. The product is as advertised, keeps the house warmer, quieter and reduces sun glare. These were not cheap but were well worth the price. This series is wood. We did not use Pella for the install but Lowe's which carries the product. They were not familiar with the installation but eventually got it correct. We had a couple of minor problems, lock, screen but I called Pella Corp headquarters and they resolve all my concerns with no problem. Two years now and the windows are great.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I have a 4 panel (12') and 2 panel (6') Pella patio sliding door units on the back of my house. I took pictures of the worst case but all of the other panels are well on their way to looking the same. Water seeps behind the aluminum cladding and rots the wood door. By the time I noticed this problem the doors had already begun rotting. I taped the seam only to delay this costly replacement as long as I could. Pella takes no responsibility for this design flaw. They blame the customer for not periodically applying sealant around the glass where it meets the metal trim. I find this odd given the panels came from the factory with no sealant applied and there were no instructions to do this in any of their product literature.

Also, would anybody by an exterior door like this that they have to apply sealant around the glass? I have an Anderson aluminum clad wood sliding patio door and multiple windows that have been maintenance free for 25 years. Isn't this what you would expect? It burns even more knowing that we paid an arm and a leg for Pella thinking they were the best. Everyone I know that owns Pella has had the same issue. There have been failed class action lawsuits against Pella (google it) that have failed because apparently they had good attorneys write the warranty language. You will be sorry if you buy Pella, bottom line. True zero stars but there was no option for that rating.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Had Pella Designer Series windows installed in my home in 2006. Since day one, I have had one window with a faulty mechanism to raise and lower the between glass blinds. It has never worked. In the beginning it was under warranty and replaced. Now I must pay and the problem still is not fixed. It's never been fixed. Because so many of their stores are going our odds business, it's very hard to find a local showroom or repair center. It takes forever to get someone to come out to fixed the problem. I'm very disappointed in this company and their service. I can see why they have a one star rating. I don't recommend using Pella... ever.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We had Pella Windows to come out and install two big picture windows and put in a new door w/ doggie door. They did and AWESOME job!!! Now, we built this house in 2016 so the custom huge screens and the storm door were still new. The installer lied and said the screens were cemented, which they were not, so lie #1, they were screwed in because my husband put screws in the screens to keep them from blowing out. You don't cement in screens anybody would know that. The screen door was removed and replaced with their new door. Well, we get home and we started looking around for our screens and storm door, NOTHING! We made a call to the installer, he indicated my screens and storm door were in the back of his truck, at this point we said NO! We want our screens and door, his response he would bring them back.

The next day he finished the new with locks. We noticed, the storm door back with all the screws but no screens. A call was made, to the sales consultant and he indicated it was debris and thought we did not want it anymore, we said DEBRIS!! Those screens were new. We indicated you all should have called the homeowners to see if we wanted our screens and not tear them up as well as take our storm door without our consent. The installer told a bald face lie, when we ask the first time. So, I said we are not going to go LOW with this issue, just go HIGH and pay them their $1617.22 balance and not use them ever again. They really should have reimbursed us back for our screens that they tore up and lied about. It would have been the right thing to do. Just remember GOD SEES ALL.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

When I first met the sales rep from Pella, she was very pleasant and took the time to explain product choices (at least that's what I thought). Total price for the door was $4400. A few weeks prior to installation the sales manager contacted me to ask for more money since they had 'mismeasured' the door. I refused to pay any additional money as this was not listed in the contract. On 8/14/18, the company installed a door with the sidelight on the wrong side, the door had nail dents and the window scratched. The frame was multi-colored: white, dark and light wood pieces.

Calls and texts to the reps at Pella was met with resistance and rude behavior. No one apologized and everyone argued that this was in fact the product ordered. No one could refer me to anything in writing with this. An appointment was finally made for someone to come to my home to assess the door on 10/2. No one showed and no one called. The following day, I received a text that they forgot and that he was busy as a single dad (not really my problem). The frustration with this company has been the most I've ever experienced.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I replaced a sliding patio door. The measurements by Pella were wrong. The stationary piece was too small. The screen door was bent and defective. The rollers were broken, leaving the sliding door unusable. In all, the experience was horrible. Pick another company! My previous experience with Marvin was great. I recommend Marvin! Skip Pella. Product is junk!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

April 2018 I had all my windows change as I was promise by Pella Windows the windows are very quiet windows. Heat stay in the winter... Home stay cool in the summer. BAD CHOICE. WINDOWS ARE VERY VERY NOISY. When contacted PELLA WINDOWS reply was, "Nothing we can do." What kind of business do something like that.

Pella expert review by Joseph Truini

Pella has a 90-year history of designing and building high-quality, energy-efficient windows and doors. The company has been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency as an Energy Star Partner of the Year nine times, most recently in 2016.

• Extreme commitment to sustainability: Pella not only sells energy-efficient products but also constantly tests new products and new technology to make products even more sustainable.

• Custom shapes available: Pella builds aluminum-clad wood windows, vinyl windows and fiberglass windows Pella will also customize products to meet customers’ needs. The company also makes wood, fiberglass and steel entry doors; French doors; sliding, bifold and multi-panel patio doors; storm doors; and garage doors.

• Online guides available: Customers can watch videos or read blogs to help them get design ideas and get started purchasing doors and windows.

• Installation and service help: Customers can schedule a service visit online if they need help with their products.

• Custom product creation: Users can create a custom door or window using this company's online design tool to choose materials, colors, shapes and sizes.

• Best for: Pella is best for people who are environmentally conscious and want to purchase high-quality windows and doors.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Pella Company Information