3.3/5 (254 ratings)

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

About Pella

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

Pella Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pella?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pella?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

May 23, 2022 I ordered a patio door and a screen door mainly because I could get my patio open and my front door lock was broke. I was told 8 weeks. When I called I was told they never say that because they're not sure when they come in… but that’s what I was told when I ordered them. I called numerous time just to be given another time period. My last date was the end of August but not then the first week in September. I cancelled my order based on lies and no communication at all. They have my money and that’s all they care about. I will probably lose my thousand dollar down payment but that’s nothing compared to a company that I cannot trust now and in the future if something happened under their warranty. Pella is not worth the stress and chaos that they put their customers through. I wish I read the reviews first. Please do not purchase Pella. It’s not worth the aggravation.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Been dealing with Pella and windows since 03/2022. Still no product. Continue to say it's supplies. Don't thinks so. More proof not spending $20,000 on a misleading company and in a middle of hurricane season. DON'T BUY. Stay away>>>> Worker shortage and they are manufacturer.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

We ordered 16 hurricane windows & installation via Lowe's on October 21, 2021. Not delivered until 5/19/22 after eta slipped. Of 16 2 damaged & wrong install kits delayed install with 6 of 16 installed. Replacements promised but not until 8/5 then 8/19 now not until mid September. In July we noted wrong transom window delivered when we moved windows to access main water turn off in garage. Stored windows displaced garden tractor and other equipment. Reordered transom. Eta delayed until October. We want discount for past delays and inconvenience and immediate delivery of windows.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Pella manufacturing is a disaster. Products approved in 1st quarter 2002 not fabricated. Lied about manufacturing dates over and over. Causing project to be delayed many months and loss of revenue. Designers and consumers beware - do not specify or purchase Pella Windows & Doors. The sales firms do not know what the manufacturing plants are able to really do. Pella does not care.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

We ordered French doors two years ago. Had to pay up front. It took over six months to get the doors that we received scratched and with handprints inside the glass. The installation was done wrong and you couldn't close the doors so they cut off all the locking pins and shaved the bottom of the doors off. So we complained and they sent new doors six months later and the same issue was present. Now Pella is telling us they don't make those doors, settle for something you did not buy or tough! It has been two years of fighting and Pella will not give one inch. Worst company ever. If you want a product that is expensive and broken buy from Pella. Otherwise choose someone else.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

We ordered doors through the Pella sales rep. in May 2021. She measured the patio and front door size and quoted us a total of $23,666. We paid half that amount upfront and was told the install date would be October 15th, 2021, due to supply chain issues, etc. So we patiently waited 4.5 months for the install. They never called before or on the morning of the 15th, so I called Pella and they said the doors are not ready and I ask them to call when they are. PELLA calls Dec. 20th with an install date of Dec. 22nd. I say we never scheduled it and happened to be working that day so the soonest they can get us in was Jan. 24, 2022. Installers show up Jan. 24th, (0° and snowing) to install doors only to find out front door was made too wide, which was blamed on the sales rep. who measured it initially, (so they couldn't install it) and back door gets installed but opens and closes hard because it wasn't made wrong.

Pella emailed to schedule fixing door, had a ThermaTru door rep. come to confirm that patio door with sidelines was built wrong on March 30, 2022. Waiting for new install date for both doors to be fixed and front door installed, I had to call periodically through the months since no one from PELLA bothered to keep us updated. I had one apology for the mistakes made through all this.

14 months from purchase, the final installation was on July 28th, 2022. The installation crew figured out how to fixed the patio door issue without tearing it out. In the end we asked for a discount for some of the already broken Pella promises they advertised and they would not budge more than $1833 off, despite charging professional prices for professional service. I was told by a representative by phone that the CEO of the local branch would call me to discuss final price and problems. Instead I got the sales rep that I had been working with throughout to tell me the CEO doesn't have time to call us to deal with this problem. In all, the only ones who really did their job were the install crews. Never again Pella, I worry now if they will honor their warranty!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Have an older Pella Patio Door that has a Roloscreen door that is in disrepair. Apparently Pella has discontinued the manufacture of this particular door and does not support or even supply repair parts for the Roloscreen door. To have a screen door the alternative is to purchase a new patio door. Very disappointing. Will definitely look at other companies prior to purchasing the new door.

Original review: July 22, 2022

We ordered replacement windows from Pella March 2022. The total was over 20k, and we were told the turn around time was 8-10 weeks. A month later, we got an install date of July 21st, which put it at 16 weeks. We were told they would be here to do the install July 21st and 22nd and possibly a half day on July 23rd. We went with Pella because we thought they had superior customer services. We were counting down the days until the install. I Made daycare reservations for our dog and made sure to clear my work schedule. They confirmed the install date on Friday July 15th.

On the morning of July 21st, we received a call at 9am saying the crew could not make it due to rain, and they had to speak with the scheduling manager to see if they would make it on Friday the 22nd. I called back the same day to get an update and was told they would call me back. I did not get a call back and we were left wondering if they would come out to do the install Friday the 22nd.

On the morning of Friday the 22nd, I called and emailed Pella to see if they were coming out and if not were there any updates on our installation. They did not call us back, but did reply to the email saying they are trying to get us rescheduled. We did not understand why they needed to reschedule as the crew was originally scheduled to be here on Friday. The weather was fine and there was no rain in the forecast.

We called them back around noon thinking they would have some answers for us, but our calls went unanswered. My husband and I left a total of 3 voice message on Friday. My husband called Pella's corporate office and they said they would follow up with Pella of Georgia, but never did. We called again before around 4:30pm on Friday and the corporate office put us on hold and then the call dropped. Now we are going into the weekend with no idea when our windows will be installed. We paid over 20k and feel like we have been ripped off. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They misrepresented their turn around times, did not communicate effectively about their scheduling and did not bother to call back. I've never regretted my purchase as much as this one before.

Original review: July 21, 2022

The turnaround to get a quote for replacement windows and measurement scheduled was pretty quick. Compared to other brands, the turnaround for installation was competitive. Summer **, Pella NW was easily reachable and answered all my questions promptly.

Original review: July 10, 2022

I bought a wooden front door in 11/4/21. Right out of the catalog, not custom. I was told it would deliver in 1/22; then 3/22; then 5/1/22; then 5/20/22; then 7/7/22; then 7/17/22; now "September or October 2022". I gave them 1/2 up front. They've had thousands of my $ for 8 months now, and I have nothing but a string of lying ** emails. DO NOT BUY A DOOR FROM PELLA!

Take a Windows & Doors Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Pella author review by Emma Simon

Pella has a 90-year history of designing and building high-quality, energy-efficient windows and doors. The company has been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency as an Energy Star Partner of the Year nine times, most recently in 2016.

• Extreme commitment to sustainability: Pella not only sells energy-efficient products but also constantly tests new products and new technology to make products even more sustainable.

• Custom shapes available: Pella builds aluminum-clad wood windows, vinyl windows and fiberglass windows Pella will also customize products to meet customers’ needs. The company also makes wood, fiberglass and steel entry doors; French doors; sliding, bifold and multi-panel patio doors; storm doors; and garage doors.

• Online guides available: Customers can watch videos or read blogs to help them get design ideas and get started purchasing doors and windows.

• Installation and service help: Customers can schedule a service visit online if they need help with their products.

• Custom product creation: Users can create a custom door or window using this company's online design tool to choose materials, colors, shapes and sizes.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Pella Company Information