1.4/5 (35 ratings)

Find Windows and Doors near you

About Pella

Find Windows and Doors near you

Pella Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pella?

Resolution response: Jan. 26, 2023

Company made it right.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

In Oct. 2022 my Impervia windows were installed. Ordered May 2022. The installation process was horrible, sloppy, no insulation and installed windows crooked. No cable on a huge bay window and it is crooked and leaning outwards,. The windows won't close. All the windows have air leaks and form so much ice build up that it obvious there is manufacturing and quality control issues. Pella no help. Tried to use humidity excuse, local rep came and performed hydrometer readings and humidity levels were perfect for house temp and outside temp. Pella no responding to problems, Rensselaer, NY branch not responding to issues. It is winter and they risk letting my pipes freeze. same leaky windows reviews and complaints all over the internet. Pella is a terrible company to the customers and they are turning out low grade quality windows at high costs. Do your research, Pella is a problem.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

Why anyone in their right mind would buy Pella window products is beyond me? You might get good windows but at what price??? We lost our entire home in a house fire Labor Day of 2021 with 10 seconds to spare and our home exploded - we have spent 2 Thanksgivings and this was our 2nd Christmas in a hotel. When it was time for windows we decided on Andersen however, they were COMPLETELY HONEST (something that is foreign to anyone at Pella) and they told us it would be Jan 2023 for delivery.

Out of desperation we paid over $100,000 and even though Pella was $40,000 more (it’s an extortion fee clearly taking advantage of people during Covid) they promised us a Sept 2022 delivery date. So we ordered them March, surprise in July they had the nerve to file a lien on our home in case they didn’t get paid by our contractor. Out of everyone we had working on our home they are the only company to do so (which spells volumes about the company) then lo and behold the lies then started.

We were told our windows would not be here till Nov so I reached out in October and was told we would be put on an escalation list. We were assured they would be on the Dec 20th truck and delivered Dec 22nd, someone even called to confirm delivery last week for Wednesday the 28th (ok we could live with that). However, today we are now told more ** lies - they are not coming in till Jan 18th!! HOW DO THESE PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING WHAT THEY DO TO CUSTOMERS!!! Our home cannot go forward until the windows are in. Our drywall is as far as it can go, the siding and stone is at a standstill and yet NO ONE seems to care at all, just promises of lies.

Conveniently their corporate office numbers are locked down further than the White House, the cowards in corporate seem to only make sure that the garbage trickles down to the people who are dealing with customers and they don't want to be bothered. Thank you for standing out as the worst customer service in the window industry! We should have gone with Andersen windows and had the same delivery date and we would be $40,000 richer. So this be a lesson to anyone considering PELLA windows. RUN DON'T WALK BECAUSE YOU GET NOTHING BUT LIES!! I am posting a picture of our beautiful home we lost and just maybe they will have empathy to see their lies create more heartache! Happy New Year and I hope the cowards big company bonuses they all get is worth the disgrace they are to your customers!!

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

About the worst experience one could have! Beware! Pella is not what it used to be! This is just a franchise and not the original Pella any longer! And they provide the WORST customer service and experience in the world! I ordered a custom Fiberglass door from the Atlanta Pella store, with a sales representative by the name of Ryan **, back in July. Initially, they said they will deliver it by August and I paid 50% installation. And then, it was constantly moved and finally, they said it will be delivered in December. And then, Ryan said the door was delivered broken and said he will either reimburse my cost or order it again! Throughout the time, he was absolutely unresponsive.

When I called the Atlanta office, they would either not pick up, or say that they could not do anything because the sales person was with another division! When I called Pella Corporate, they said that they have nothing to do with this as it was with the local Pella franchise! They gave me the run around constantly! And I am still without a door! I am thinking of buying from Lowe’s! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! They are horrible!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

In August 2022, I paid $15,000+ in advance for payment of replacement of 2 windows and a sliding door. I was promised a date in early December for installation. Months later, the installation was pushed to late January. In pursuit of clarity, I was told by any contacts I had that they were leaving the company because orders were not being delivered. I have no valid contacts, can only wonder if or when Pella is bankrupt and my $ lost. All reviews are very negative. Seeking a refund but have no valid contact, every call is auto-received.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Highly recommended Pella windows and Doors. My experience was excellent! My sales agent Matthew ** went more and beyond to make sure that I can have my windows ready as soon as possible. I went shopping around and nobody could offer less than 5 months waiting, Matt got my windows ready in 3 weeks!!! Thanks to him I can finish my construction before holidays! I feel very lucky of have Matthew as my agent, also the factory doing the best to make them quick! Pella are the best windows!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Pella can’t fix my door issue! 3 months before they can come out and get the job done… Disgusting it takes that long to get satisfaction from a company of this magnitude… Definitely will not do business with them again…

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

We purchased Pella windows for our custom build. The windows are marvelous. However, after a couple of years, one of the panes broke and was determined a warranty repair. We have been waiting for 18 months for the repair to be made and still have no idea when it will be done. Also purchased and paid for a screen which was made incorrectly and needs to be replaced. Have been waiting for over 6 months for the error to be corrected and it still is not done. I would not recommend Pella based on this experience.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I have three houses all of which are either entirely Pella or have a sizable Pella window and door investment including a custom three-sided sunroom made entirely of individual divided light Pella windows (no grill). My total Pella investment includes a total of 42 windows either insulated or hurricane proof and 4 sets of patio/sliding doors. I purchased Pella despite the additional cost and the odd sizing that makes them incompatible with other brands because of their reputed commitment to quality and customer support.

I have a large Pella insulated glass picture window, approximately 30 years old, that has lost its seal. I called Pella to arrange getting the panel replaced, only to be told that Pella no longer will support a window of that age. Once I recovered from my initial disbelief, I realized that my entire window investment is a risk and that Pella cannot be trusted to support my products, nor have they bothered to make arrangements for an after-market supplier.

It was never stated by Pella that they would not do this, but I think most of us purchased their product trusting that they would be there for us. This is clearly no longer the case. I would urge anyone considering Pella to think about their purchase in light of this information and what some are calling a breach of faith. I would also urge architects to consider if they want to rely on this product when providing service to their clients.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

The online ordering was fine, until I had to talk to customer service to catch a sizing issue. I caught the issue within a couple of hours of ordering, but when reaching out to customer service, they completely didn't respond to 2 emails, then when using their text feature to talk to a representative the rep literally sassed me and had the worst attitude as well as lied about cancelling the order (said they'd "look into" cancelling and never did anything). I asked to speak to a manager, they said "we don't have a manager". Total ** and a horrible experience. Won't be ordering from them in the future.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I bought two THERMA Star Sliding Doors. The glass in the basement cracked spontaneously due to factory defect. The company agreed to replace the glass but Said I should pay for labor. I don’t believe this is fair and or right..because my research tells me spontaneous glass breakage is due to failure of the construction of the door.

Take a Windows & Doors Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Pella author review by Emma Simon

Pella has a 90-year history of designing and building high-quality, energy-efficient windows and doors. The company has been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency as an Energy Star Partner of the Year nine times, most recently in 2016.

• Extreme commitment to sustainability: Pella not only sells energy-efficient products but also constantly tests new products and new technology to make products even more sustainable.

• Custom shapes available: Pella builds aluminum-clad wood windows, vinyl windows and fiberglass windows Pella will also customize products to meet customers’ needs. The company also makes wood, fiberglass and steel entry doors; French doors; sliding, bifold and multi-panel patio doors; storm doors; and garage doors.

• Online guides available: Customers can watch videos or read blogs to help them get design ideas and get started purchasing doors and windows.

• Installation and service help: Customers can schedule a service visit online if they need help with their products.

• Custom product creation: Users can create a custom door or window using this company's online design tool to choose materials, colors, shapes and sizes.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Pella Company Information