Need a window & door company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.70/5

627 Pella Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2019

15 years ago we built our vacation home using Pella windows and doors. Recently we decided to replace our walkout windows and doors. Mathew ** our retail sales consultant immediately came out and did a great job introducing the new products available and helping us select the replacements. As professional and helpful Mathew was the Pella installers sent to us were fantastic. They were on time and courteous and excellent craftsman. I would recommend Pella and their team of installers without question. Congratulations to Pella retail division for delivering on their promise to be the BEST! Larry **.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I wanted to write about my experience with Pella due to them being so responsive be to my concerns. I live in a historic building in Boston and Pella Windows was one of the only companies that we could use that could accommodate our regulations. The windows have not been able perfect, sometimes there are drafts, the sash has broken twice on one window and once on another. However, recently I had an issue again with one of my windows and the service representative, Becky **, was extremely responsive, professional, and, was able to get a repairman out to my house within 24 hours of my complaint.

I had one negative experience with customer service, but, overall, it has not just been good, it has been excellent! I like to think that if I lived in a house that could have allowed me to consider more than one type of window, I may have had the opportunity to be more pleased with the product, too. I would give the customer service 5/5 stars and the Pella windows 3.5/5 stars.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We contacted Pella in desperate need of a large kitchen window. They were very prompt, set up a time to have someone come out the following week. About an hour before the meeting, the sales rep, Nick ** from Omaha NE called to confirm we were still on. He arrived promptly at the scheduled time and was delightful. He was very helpful, professional, knew his product and was not pushy in the least. He heard our request, provided us with several options and support us in our decisions even when we changed our minds a couple times. We are not anxiously waiting for them to bring out our new window in a few weeks. Thanks Nick for all your help! Jim and Sue Omaha NE

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We purchased a new entry door and sliders 2 years ago. Last year we started having issues with our entry way door not closing properly. We thought that is was the threshold that was swelling. The manager, Brian, came out a few times to replace the sweep and threshold. When this continued to occur he ordered a replacement door. And although our warranty had expired by the time they were able to come back out all was taken care of at no additional charge. Very courteous and professional managers, Brian and Dan.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

In 2016 I replaced all my windows (24) with the architect series. We are extremely happy. The product is as advertised, keeps the house warmer, quieter and reduces sun glare. These were not cheap but were well worth the price. This series is wood. We did not use Pella for the install but Lowe's which carries the product. They were not familiar with the installation but eventually got it correct. We had a couple of minor problems, lock, screen but I called Pella Corp headquarters and they resolve all my concerns with no problem. Two years now and the windows are great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pella?

Original review: June 10, 2019

Not even 2 years since my house was built and the glass on my sliding patio door broke. I came home from work one day to find glass all over my living room floor. I called the Pella Customer Service number and was told that someone from the service department will be giving me call within 3-5 days. A week later, and still no phone call. So I called Customer Service AGAIN and was told the same thing. Waited a few days, and of course no phone call. So then I called the Baton Rouge store because that's where the service technicians would be coming from. They forwarded my call to the Alabama store because they are the ones that handle the service requests for the Baton Rouge store. Still no phone call. I keep getting the runaround and nobody seems to want to help!!!!

Original review: June 8, 2019

Windows look good but the operating the openers is very poor. The handles fall off and the plastic covers are very cheap looking. Several windows don’t work at all and it is very frustrating as I would have liked to open windows when weather permits. This was a new install so no idiosyncrasies of existing problems were responsible. I wish I had shopped around.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I ordered a garage door with installation from Lowe’s over Memorial Day weekend. They said I would receive a call within 2 business days, and now it has been 9 business days with no call. I reached out to Lowe’s 3 times since then, and never received a follow up. I finally got the phone number for Pella to contact them myself, and they said their contractor assigned to my door is not lead testing certified, which needed testing due to my house being built before a certain year. So now, because I called, they are working on assigning it to another contractor when they find one. This is ridiculous. Don’t sell a product/service to someone when you are not prepared to fulfill the order. They asked my year my house was built when I went in on Memorial Day and I paid for the lead test in store that same day!

Original review: June 6, 2019

I had to put down a one star rating to proceed with my review, but I really rate Pella windows and doors zero stars, and Pella service and help zero stars. We built our home in 2000 using all Pella Proline custom casement and picture windows, two sliding glass doors and one 8 foot wide French door. Initially we're very excited and happy with the look and operations of all our Pella products, and that continued for 8 years, until we ran into our first of many problems with our doors and windows. It all began in 2008, with water free flowing thru our custom aluminum clad picture windows, as the exterior aluminum cladding failed at the bottoms of 4 separate windows.

At first Pella was very accommodating, sending out a rep to verify the failed windows and measure up new ones, which were delivered promptly. Unfortunately they were white and seeing as NOTHING on our house is white, we sent them back. The second set arrived promptly, but again, they were white, so we sent them back also. Finally, the third set arrived. They were the correct color, but this time they were the wrong size. We were beginning to sense that Pella products and their services, were just as they advertised. VIEWED TO BE THE BEST, BUT IN ACTUALITY FAR FROM IT.

Fast forward to 2013, when I began to notice evidence of water intrusion at the base of the sashes of almost all our casement windows. At about this time or soon thereafter, I was informed of a class action suit involving all of my windows, which I joined seeing as there was evidence of damage in almost all of my windows. At this same time, all cooperation from Pella disappeared. I proceeded to re-stain and reseal all of the windows that were salvageable, and over the next 3 years replace the sashes of the ones that weren’t. Fast forward again to 2017 and I have ice on the inside base of one of my sliding glass doors. It seems the outer aluminum cladding is failed and water is getting in thru the base of the door causing damage. I check out my other sliding glass door and have the same problem, two more failed Pella products and $9000 later problem solved with Marvin doors.

And now to the present. After encountering woodpecker problems with our cedar siding, we decided to reside our house. As the siding is removed, extensive and extreme water damage is discovered emanating from our Pella windows. The seals in almost all of the sashes are compromised, the water is entering here and draining down to the miter joints which are also failed. The water drains in behind the siding and proceeds to damage and destroy much of the sheeting behind the siding causing extreme problems to many areas of my house. Almost ALL of the windows have failed, and our house which is only 19 years old is in line for $100,000 plus or minus in repairs. I will never use or endorse any Pella product again, ever, and this review will find its way on to all of my social media platforms. PELLA “VIEWED” TO BE THE BEST.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I purchased a triple panel Pella door several years ago and bought Pella specifically do to the name. I started having problems from the beginning with the heavy door not staying on the run. After a while, probably a year or two, that problem seemed to level out, but soon after I notice the whole outside panel at the bottom of the door was separating and pulling away even from the large glass window part. It is now over 1/4 to 1/2 inch separated and of course, even though it is a faulty door, the warranty is up and I was told I could buy the sliding door replacement for several hundred more dollars. I would rather buy a whole new door in a different brand than go through this again, I spent close to $2000 on the door and it is falling apart after 10+ years. Sad.

Original review: May 25, 2019

First I will say that I did not purchase my doors directly from Pella. Perhaps if I had I would have been made aware of what I feel are design flaws. The screen is mounted on the inside. Those of us that have pets know that this is not good since a cat or dog can claw at it and tear it then you have the cost of replacement. The glass door is mounted on the outside thus the track is on the outside. We know the outside track can be hard to keep clean and sliding freely. The screen is MUCH lighter weight then the glass door so if the track is dirty you will have to use less strength to open the screen then the heavy door. This can be hard for older citizens.

Original review: May 17, 2019

The first time we had Pella windows installed I was very happy. A year later we decided to go with them again. My install date was attempted to be postponed (after waiting 2 months for my windows). I refused and they installed my windows. My 8 year old could have done a better job! I sent pictures to the company saying this was unacceptable (and they agreed that it looked horrible) and I have gotten the runaround for 4 full days. "Someone will call you back" "I'm not authorized to do anything". Buy a window from Home Depot and have your child install it for 10% of the price and I guarantee it will look better. Review #1 Pella... you gonna call back yet?

Original review: May 12, 2019

The “Impervia” screens I had installed $900.00/ window, were poorly designed and cheaply manufactured. The company’s solutions are totally unacceptable. Pella states “The screens were built as designed and performing per their specifications “ I sent a letter to Mr. Tim Yaggi, PELLA CEO, asking him to explain that statement (no response). The screens have a quarter inch gap from the bottom of the frame to the windowsill, allowing even large insects to enter. I will try to post my 18 picture (worth more than a thousand words).

Original review: May 6, 2019

We built an addition to our home in 1999, using my step-father’s architectural company who used Pella products almost exclusively. All of our windows were the Architectural Series and yes they have rotting issues as the class action law suit indicated. I still called Pella because of their overall reputation and quality of their product. I replaced three front entry doors in 2016, that have decorative glass and many other feathers. The Pella representative showed me every option and cost factors on his computer was informative and trustworthy. He had me sign a credit application for $11,500 and said that was a standard amount that the credit was processed for to make sure there would be enough funding for our job. We took advantage of the 36 mos 0% financing option. He said the final cost of the job would be billed upon complete and true to his word the amount of $9917.28.

The job did not go perfectly smoothly. They didn't have enough trim to finish the job in the scheduled amount of time and added an extra day. I was still happy with the quality of the installers work and overall this experience I felt was a good one. NOT the case with my installation of three plain white doors with blinds between the glass for the back of our house. I called Pella again and was always under the assumption that when you call Pella you are dealing directly with Pella. This is NOT the case. They send you an authorized dealer, which in my case was Gunton Corporation. Their representative was quick, wouldn't give a straight answer on any question I asked. He looked up our previous job and had us sign what I thought was the preliminary credit authorization for $11,500. He wouldn't provided me a detailed contract after numerous requests as my first Pella representative had done.

Finally after numerous written requests I told him what I received the first time Pella had installed the front doors, and that I doubted the job cost exactly $11,500 as the more ornate front doors we had installed. He sent me an altered document that made the total balance equal $11,500. The doors we had installed were on my detail I requested as $2679.29, quantity (2), and $2613.34 quantity (1). On numerous times I was told these doors were better quality than I could purchase anywhere else. I felt uncomfortable so I took the actual stickers from the doors, and the information from the detail paperwork and went to Lowe's and asked to custom order the doors direct from Pella as they are a Pella retailer. Their quote $1499.99 for the SAME doors! I confronted Gunton Corp/Pella and asked why there was such a price difference. They told me and I quote, "it the difference between shopping at Marshals as opposed to Neiman Marcus".

They told me in writing on numerous occasions that their product was not the same as the Pella product I could order at Lowe's which Lowe's contradicted in writing. Gunton Corp/Pella is trying to bill me $7971.92 for the exact same doors I can order through Lowe's for $4499.97. A difference of $3471.95! There is no difference in the quality of the doors. They are also ordered directly from Pella. I refused to sign the financing contract until I am billed the actual amount for my job and have filled a complaint with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection. I have read online of other consumers taken advantage of in the same way I was. I welcome other names as I feel a class action suit is in order.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had my bay window replaced with Pella fiberglass framed windows. They had to replace most of the framework around the windows also. Now years later I find that the window has been leaking for evidently for several years, but it was leaking where it was not noticeable until the floor gave way when stepped on. I contacted Pella and asked them to inspect the window for me. They said sure, for a $135 fee. I find it absurd that they want me to pay to have a window inspected that they installed.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Our association purchased 76 patio doors from Pella through DNR Construction. Half of the doors have defects. The screens fall out or will not stay on track or lock. Wrong screen installed. Not fit track.

Original review: April 22, 2019

After many years of use our Pella sliding screen door operating mechanism finally gave out. So we call Pella and were informed that there would $150 (I think that was the amount, maybe a bit more) service charge that would not be applied to the total cost of repair. WHAT???

Original review: April 17, 2019

Purchased 4 Architectural Pella windows which are great but the unprofessional and inexperienced installers installed the windows without even mounting them to the house but pieces of old wood from existing wood frame that was not even fasten to building. The windows after we were told that they were installed were moving the following day. The damage that was done to the interior and exterior of the house was tremendous. The wood floors were scratched and damaged because of insufficient protection to the floors. Furniture was damaged from them placing their work tools on them not caring what happens. The metal capping on the outside of the windows were never capped which caused water damage in the house from the few rain storms that we had.

After emailing and calling I finally got in touch with the installation manager Richard ** and he and Project Manager Luis ** came to the house to take a look how the windows were installed and they couldn’t believe as what I thought when they were at the house. They kept saying that their installer Albert was one of the best installers they had. Then I thought wow how bad is their worst. So emails were sent with Pictures of the damage that was done and finally after a few weeks they scheduled for the windows to be removed and reinstalled correctly by a different group of installers. Windows were finally installed first week of November but with scratches to the new windows, gaskets damaged and cut, no screens installed, water coming in from my sons newly installed window, screws that are used to fasten the window to the frame are rusting, and we are in the middle of April, way over 6 months and nothing has gotten taken care of.

I constantly send emails to Richard ** and even texts and no replies. I also contacted Aiden ** the Retail general manager and no replies as well. Finally Richard called and I stated all the issues again and that he stated that he needed to follow up with his team. Well that was in March and we are now ending into April and still no answer from either one. I have contacted Pella Headquarters and filed complaints against how I am treated and how the installation went. I was told that the Pella sales and installers are basically third parties and they cant do anything to rectify the issue. I would think that you have someone selling and installing your product that you want to make the customer happy with the product and install.

Very unprofessional to treat a customer this way from corporate and the sales and installation department. They have no problem Taking the $12,000 for the windows right away but at least take responsibility of what your installers did. Do not recommend having Pella from Connecticut office work with installing your windows. Very unprofessional and nasty as if I did something wrong. Highly recommend to hire a private contractor to install your windows and not a group that does not know what they are doing. Most likely will need to take them to court.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have a Pella front door that would not close securely. Jim ** came to my home and had it closing with ease and locking securely. I had tried local repairmen to no avail. He was friendly, courteous, on time, and went about his work with ease. He answered all of my questions and made sure that I was satisfied before he left. Thank you, Jim **.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Pella was a horrible experience and still is for us! We tried to cancel prior to their install as they did not give us the "deal" they said we would get, and now we have higher energy bills than we did before, along with draftier rooms. Still going through warranty nightmares, should have never gone with Pella!

Original review: March 30, 2019

Our triple pane Pella windows are fine in the room that we have a MAJOR problem. Pella’s sliding doors are very problematic. Our neighbor across our courtyard has the exact same problem and is furious with Pella’s sliding doors allowing moisture in the house where the door opens and closes. It a design flaw and they won’t admit it. It’s really too bad. We’ve used their windows on three homes and they have all been fine but all I can tell you is to not ever think about using Pella sliding doors because you WILL REGRET IT. The service and explanation for the problem is terrible.

Why doesn’t any other window in the same room have any problem with moisture but the door where it opens? There’s a seal problem in that the door doesn’t close tight enough. Even the initial repair guy said if the door is wrapped a bit that this problem will occur but Pella Corp won’t admit it. It’s a shame that they treated a past loyal Pella customer this way. Maybe they will go away like Sears or Montgomery Ward where they don’t care anymore about their customers' satisfaction. Just dropped me like a sack of used coal. Problem where

Original review: March 27, 2019

Between 2006 and 2007 we spent about 60k on Pella windows and door. Now, 12 years later, the wood at bottom of these windows begins to rot. We called Pella and they fixed the first one at a discount price. Now another is rotting and they want 1200 dollars, plus labor, We were NEVER advised the wood would rot after certain years on the windows with crank and we have 14 of them! So now we have to make sure none of the others are rotting, we can not afford their price for fixing something that should NOT be rotting in the first place! Is their wood not treated??? And they swell too.

Too expensive, now the problems begin and so DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT or you will be spending more in long run at 1200 a pop to fix plus aggravation. if you are living on one income like my husband and I, which is his social security, 1200 is very high! Now we have to find a local window place to help us with this terrible problem and do I reiterate, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! Pella is just a name.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I hired a private contractor who installs only Pellla and we had a lot of wood rot which was needing work. We installed new Pella windows 9 in all. I had 3 windows which have/had a picture window with separate arches. My install began in October 2018. When the guys went in to put the arches they were completely wrong shape. The sales rep comes in and promises me that he would get the new arches within 2-3 weeks. Was told later that would not happen. Called the manager Ryan ** KS multiple times but all in vain- has a don’t care attitude.

Called Pella HQ and spoke to Tessa ** multiple times and nothing happened there either. 2nd set of arches came in December first week and again the wrong size Inspite of giving them the actual glass template that was removed from the old arch. Ryan showed no interest in coming to my house to see what was going on. I had to hire a lawyer as there was no compensation for all the trouble I have gone thru. We finally changed the shape of the window to a rectangular one. HQ has said that I was not their customer and therefore owed me nothing.

I am writing this review to give people some insight of hiring a contractor outside of Pella. They will not do anything to help you. I had boarded arches all thru the winter and finally my install was completed on March 23 2019. After nearly 6 months. Very dissatisfied with customer service. Don’t understand how they say I am not their customer- my order was processed by Pella HQ. In closing I would say buyer be aware!

Although my contractor finished the job for me I'm very disappointed with Pella. They told me I was not their customer, it the company here in KS. They took the contractor out to wine and dine him and forgave payments for my windows. I had already paid my contractor which means he got to keep most of the money.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I purchased a custom Pella Patio door in 2000, thought it was the best product on the market, I was wrong. After 13 years the aluminum cladding started to come lose on the outside, inside the wood was getting wet and the wood started to rot or warp. I spoke to Pella what the cost might be to replace both doors and was quoted a price of 2700.00 dollars. This did not include the cost of having the wood stained on the inside to match the oak trim in my home. The cost to replace just the doors plus staining came close to the cost to I paid to purchase them in the first place. I will never purchase another Pella product. Feel you are paying for the Name not the product delivered.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Pure crap - bought a house with the unfortunate pleasure of having Pella already installed in a few places. They condense and get mold on them when windows of another brand in the same room do not. The front door is fading and they blame it on a 3rd party refinisher when their own tech says that the doors came that way from the factory. The door warps and is almost impossible to lock when weather gets warm or cold. The best part is that my sliding doors were installed without the optional draw shades that can be installed in the door panels... So I asked for a quote to get some installed - $1500!!! These people have some serious delusions of grandeur! I HIGHLY recommend staying away from Pella!

Original review: March 16, 2019

We bought our home in 1994. It was 9 years old. On the back side of our house, Pella windows were installed...a large bay window in kitchen and a double window in the guest bedroom facing back of house. The windows have built in blinds. We had lived there maybe 4 years when the blinds no longer worked (crank had broken off and or were stripped). We had small children at the time who liked to look at the lake. So in Pella’s defense, they were overly used. When we replaced all new windows in 2012, we could not replace the Pella windows because the frame was specifically designed for Pella windows. No one other than Pella can touch their windows.

I haven’t been impressed with the 2-3 times we’ve had a Pella service tech out. We had a crack (from baseball repaired) but were specifically told by one of the techs that the built in blinds were one of the worst ideas the company ever had and we would spend more money fixing them (if we even could) than getting new windows. The Pella windows are beautiful when they are new and functioning properly. They appear to be energy efficient. You just need to be aware of what you are getting into and how difficult repairing or replacing will be.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I am an architect and purchased a house with Pella windows and doors. These products should be good and correct when installed, but you can really only tell if they are a good product after many years since clad windows and doors should last decades. The windows and doors at my house were installed in the 90s and have leaked water long enough for the wood behind the cladding to rot in several places. The local Pella distributors sent a tech out to check this and applied silicone sealant where the glass and cladding meet. Sealant in this application is pretty ineffective and will fail since the sealant cannot be thick enough to allow for the necessary movement. Their tech should know this. I have contacted the company and they have no interest in supporting their product. I would not have them again and would not recommend them to a client.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I bought 35 replacement windows from Pella thinking they were a good choice. Boy that couldn't be further from the truth. The reason I went with replacement windows was they went into a 120 year old Victorian with a grand amount of mouldings on the outside. Did not want to change the look of the house and tried to keep it as original as possible. The windows themselves were 74 inches high and between 30 and 32 inches wide double hung with screens.

Consider the fact I've been in construction for 38 years at the time that they were installed and I have installed hundreds of windows of all different shapes sizes and manufacturers installing is not new to me. That being said after they were installed for maybe 2-3 months all the screens with the dumbest design of 4 pins to hold them in place started to come off the tracks. Then the pins when they were pulled out to replace the screen on the track would break off so most of the screens now are flapping in the breeze. Then in the fall when I went to close all the windows and lock them it wasn't happening when you closed the top window and then closed the bottom one the bottom would pull the top one down with it so the locks were not lining up.

So I have to now get a pole hold the top closed while I close the bottom to lock them. There maybe 4 windows that actually work as they should. Now after a couple of years there's a couple that not only do I have to use a pole but I need to push the sash back on the bottom pain to keep it in the track so I can lock it. I tried to call Pella about the problem got the old run around no call backs or any rep to come and look. My next thing was I tried leaving a review with the BBB (Better Business B) only to find out that Pella is not affiliated with them. So thousands of dollars later all I can say is if I could leave a minus star of 5 that would be my rating. I would not recommend Pella to anyone.

There are other reputable company's out there that don't just take your money and throw junk your way and say "See ya". Since this installation I have installed at least 50 more replacement windows of another manufacturer and the only problem I had was 2 full screens came in damaged. I call them up and had 2 new screens in 10 days. Maybe Pella should take lessons from them on customer service.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My experience with Pella was nothing at all like any of the other reviews on this site. I had to replace my front door. I was referred by a friend, and was contacted by Chris **. Chris was honest and friendly in helping me choose the door that best fit my home and my price range. If you're in the Hampton Roads area I highly recommend you do business with Pella.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I recently purchased my home, which came with all Pella windows and doors including a Pella storm door on my front entryway. I do not regularly use this door, so it stays shut and locked at all times. The home recently went under full inspection for our insurance company which included windows and doors. Last night 02/12/19 our area was hit with a thunderstorm that brought high winds (gusts of 20-30mph). Nothing uncommon for our area. I woke up this am to find that the door had been damaged, the frame bent and the full front glass shattered. I contacted Pella customer support, I was told to have my original door paperwork, as well as registration number and before and after photos if I had them.

I called back shortly after to provide all information for the case that was started and was put on hold for well over an hour, during this time I started a live chat through the website with a customer support agent named Samantha, who I can assure you was not pleasant at all. After speaking with Samantha as well as a representative on the phone, both explained to me that the storm door was not covered under warranty from storm or wind damage but only defects to the door from the manufacturer or workmanship. I explained to both representatives that the door sat flush in the door frame yesterday when I got home, after the storm the door from itself is bent and glass shattered, leading me to believe there was a weakness in the door.

The representative made sure to tell me that the 20-year warranty only covers defects and I would have noticed that within 30 days of installation not 9 years later. I asked if she would tell me the exact same thing if the door was only 30 days old granted they have no way of inspecting the door to determine fault or damage, to which she replied "it's conditional", and that I was not understanding how to read my warranty. I then read the warranty out loud to her, that states "Pella will, without charge to the purchaser, provide parts or exchange, at its option any door determined to be defective in material or workmanship for 20 years after the purchase date." And asked how my 9-year-old door is not covered under warranty without inspection, to which she replied, "We don't offer inspections and replacement is only 30 days after purchase date" and that I could buy replacement glass on the website.

I explained again that the door frame is bent, and even if I could get glass in the frame I would not put new glass in a damaged door to which she replied "You would be better off buying a whole new door, is there anything else I can help you with". I can assure you I WILL be replacing my door and it WILL NOT be with a Pella door. This has by far been the worst company to deal with since home ownership, My parents have built their forever home with Pella products and I was so excited that my forever home was built with them as well, I cannot wait to replace all the windows and doors in my house now. I guess if my products were that cheaply made and widely distributed I wouldn't stand behind my warranty either.

Pella expert review by Joseph Truini

Pella has a 90-year history of designing and building high-quality, energy-efficient windows and doors. The company has been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency as an Energy Star Partner of the Year nine times, most recently in 2016.

• Extreme commitment to sustainability: Pella not only sells energy-efficient products but also constantly tests new products and new technology to make products even more sustainable.

• Custom shapes available: Pella builds aluminum-clad wood windows, vinyl windows and fiberglass windows Pella will also customize products to meet customers’ needs. The company also makes wood, fiberglass and steel entry doors; French doors; sliding, bifold and multi-panel patio doors; storm doors; and garage doors.

• Online guides available: Customers can watch videos or read blogs to help them get design ideas and get started purchasing doors and windows.

• Installation and service help: Customers can schedule a service visit online if they need help with their products.

• Custom product creation: Users can create a custom door or window using this company's online design tool to choose materials, colors, shapes and sizes.

• Best for: Pella is best for people who are environmentally conscious and want to purchase high-quality windows and doors.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Pella Company Information