1.17/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

588 Pella Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We replaced our french door leading out to the deck a few years ago. We went with Pella doors thinking they would be a better quality. We were completely wrong and only a few years later, water comes in during heavy downpours. I called Pella customer service and it will take several months for someone to come for a look. Looks like $9,000.00 for the doors is down the drain. I would never recommend Pella to anyone and would never consider them again. Hope this review can prevent another person from making the same mistake I made.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We have had our Pella Windows and doors for 11 years. What a disappointment! We THOUGHT we were spending extra funds on the 'better quality name brand' windows for our new house built in 1997. Wow, were we wrong! Every year I get frustrated more and more as I sit with drafty windows. Here we go, starting another cool weather season and I am literally watching the draft blow a piece of paper off the window sill. We both grew up in an old drafty houses and were intent to not have that problem. We absolutely made the wrong choice with Pella. From the beginning, we had door problems. Our back door let rain in and it puddled on our brand new wood floor several times before we changed. The front door came with slanted side lights. They fixed the problem but I do not know how a reputable company could let a product leave with something that obvious and not be found in a quality check.

But besides all that...the biggest problem is, since the first winter, we have had to use PLASTIC on our WINDOWs! Yes, the type that you use double sided stick tape and shrink with hairdryer. How ridiculous that these windows from this company would draft so much that we would have no other choice. Within 18 mos of installation 6-8 had to be replaced because the seal was out and they fogged over. They did replace at no charge but with no other reimbursement for our hassle. We have wood interior on the interior of the window (not vinyl) and I had to re-stain ALL THE REPLACEMENTS which is time consuming in the first place but I am still upset that I had to re-do on the new ones due to the faulty windows being replaced.

The issues I have could go on and on. With the shrink plastic in place and tight, within a few days the plastic had so much of a draft and pressure on our one kitchen window that the plastic bowed out about 2". I took a pic, sent to customer service. ANOTHER tech/rep came and their "go to" answer was that the windows were installed incorrectly! Pass the buck! Even when I could show the rep exactly where the problem was on their product and how the wood had shrunk and was not sealed around the edge, they said there was nothing they could (would) do. Mind you this was after multiple trips from rep because they had to replace and deny there was an issue.

When I had them come for the 3rd cold season in a row he said it was "too late". Why they did not acknowledge fault and try to make right within one of the first visits is still frustrating… Even after 10 yrs and I am sitting here with a sweater because I feel wind coming from window. The air comes freely between the wood part of the window and the vinyl piece that holds the glass in place. There is a gap difference from top to bottom in varying measurements from top to bottom but you can feel the air blow right between. I use a weatherstrip to seal the windows each cool season in those places to try and seal instead of shrink plastic because that is so unsightly! There is also considerable air that blows up through the channel where the tension string runs vertically that attaches the window and allows for it to go up and down.

Point being, Pella did NOTHING to fix the problem of a poor quality window. FROM THE FIRST SEASON thru the 3rd maybe 4th winter I tried to identify the problem with them. The one time they even said they needed to remove the interior trim around our window (warned it might split but I was desperate to try…of course trim did split) and put a spring/shim in. I allowed them to do on one window thinking if it worked, I would have them fix more. It did not. :( The company basically put it off until it was a few years past original installation and then just did nothing. COMPLETELY disappointed with the quality of these windows. Several friends built new homes around the same time and I so wish we had their brands because none have had any issues and I sit here freezing from a draft! Year after year after year… Wow - SAVE YOUR $ and do NOT consider Pella Builder grade windows!

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Nov 15, 2018. Marrero, LA. 70072. This letter is to inform the General Public and Pella Window how incompetent Pella Window and their contractor K.C. Company is, and how badly they have mistreated me. I contacted Pella Window through their website. They sent me their contractor, K.C. Company. I agreed upon a price for 10 windows in January 2018. They came out and installed 2 different style of windows in one room! I bought 10 windows. 5 were made a certain way, and 5 were slightly different. Part of my problem is that I allowed their installer to damage my old windows as he removed them from my home. This was a BAD MISTAKE! Once I discovered that my windows did not match, I had no alternative but to leave the mismatched windows in my wall and Pella will reorder the right windows….

It took 8 months for Pella to finally complete my $23,000 job!!! According to K.C.’s contract, once 90% of the work was done, I was obligated to pay them. Meaning, I accepted the installation, but screens and interior trim work needed to be done. At that point, Pella and K.C. Company put forth minimum effort to attend to the completion of my job. They sent a parade of mis-measured screens and trim along with useless and helpless employees who had no expertise and no authority to push my job through to completion!

Yes we settled on a MEAGER price adjustment, but it took 8 months from start to finish. This was an extremely aggravating experience!!! Every time I walk into my sun room, I am reminded of how I was mistreated and taken advantage of. It has been almost a year now since I first met K.C. Company and my anger and frustration has not abated one bit. This is what I learned. Pella Window is located in IOWA. K.C. Company is located in MARYLAND. And they hire local contractors, I am in Louisiana. This is a bad combination. I would have been SO MUCH BETTER OFF if I had kept my old windows and kept my money!!! Stay clear of PELLA WINDOW and K.C. Company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

If you're considering windows/doors please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere - I'm wishing I had. I've been paying for Pella Impervia double hung windows and doors to the tune of ~$40k, which were either: 1) installed incorrectly, resulting in damage to my walls, ceilings, hardwood floors, 2) partially installed - as in physically sitting only halfway through the hole in my walls, 3) have yet to be delivered. Ordered in June '18 - partially 'installed' August '18.

It's now November '18 with no word on when/if this job is ever going to be completed and damage to my home from the improper installation keeps getting worse. Plenty of pics and videos to show if you're interested in seeing why doing business with Pella is a disaster waiting to happen. Initially purchased because Pella supposedly had a strong reputation but believe me, as the damage to my home continues to pile up from these leaking windows, please look elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Bought 8 Pella double hung wood clad windows and one sliding door unit. The door was the first to fail. Moisture in between the panels caused the frame to rot. The cladding totally fell off one unit. The others, the sashes are totally rotted and need to be replaced. I have moss growing in between the panes of glass in a so-called sealed unit. Bottom line JUNK, so if you happy with them and they are 1-5 years old... just wait. They cannot stand the test of time. I have Anderson in the addition, yep thirty years old and no issue at all...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pella?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We purchased 5 PELLA Architect Casement Windows ($2900) as a "family room window set" 120x60" in 2013 from PELLA Showroom. After 2 yrs, one window of the 5 developed a broken seal (condensation issue); it was within warranty for parts and labor. Now 3 yrs later, all 4 other PELLA Windows began leaking, with water actually pushing through glass panes, past wood framing, into house and ruining sill stops. Clearly all 5 of these PELLA Windows were a defective product to begin with. All parts are covered under 10 yr warranty, but I was quoted $1239.75 from Buffalo, NY PELLA repair shop on Walden Ave. for the labor. When local PELLA tech evaluated my case in person, I was told new PELLA showroom owner requires full payment BEFORE he would even place the order for the replacement windows.

I believe this should not be the case. Window parts, still under warranty, should be ordered and provided, regardless whether you commission with the PELLA repair shop to do the repair installation. Not comfortable with personally replacing the windows, we paid the $1239.75 so the replacement windows would be ordered. I called PELLA Corporation (1-866-209-4260) hoping they'd stand by their product. I was told they are not associated with the PELLA folks that do the repairs -- there is only a 2 yr warranty for labor, and they can charge whatever they'd like.

Clearly a defective PELLA product I have, that didn't show its true colors until 5 yrs after initial install. I would recommend someone think long and hard before buying a PELLA product. Think even longer if you need to get a replacement/repair done. Suggest getting the replacement parts under warranty (make sure you don't get misled thinking that you need to pay the repair costs to get the replacement windows sent to you), and hire a reputable contractor to install. If I could give zero stars to PELLA for this review, I would have.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I had a $2600 window put in back in June. Right away I noticed it didn't lock correctly (SAFETY ISSUE!) I thought maybe it needed to "settle in place"-but no. I contacted them. Took a week or 2 to get someone out to fix it, only to be told in AUGUST that I need a new sash. It's now NOVEMBER and it still is not fixed. I'm in Minnesota... It's getting cold here. Those ** think its ok to have a huge gaping hole from an open window when they eventually get around to replace it in winter here. All I get is a runaround and lies from one customer service or manager jerk to another. They have my money, I still don't have a working window.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Bought a combination window patio door unit for around 9 grand. Everything was installed poorly, the screen doors bind like a 15-yr old door and the service guy said to just spray WD-40. It's brand new! It needs adjustment but they got their money and they're out.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought solid wood entry doors from Pella, a nightmare is the best way to describe it. I am disabled and they have really taken advantage of me. The doors came in twice and were rejected by the installer not me, they finally came and installed them and there are numerous defects including a screw through to the front of the door. On install I was told no worry Pella will replace the door slab, well after months of waiting Pella is refusing to replace the door. The repair guy came out to put some putty on it and try to blend it in. Bottom line Pella made a bad door and are refusing to stand behind it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We built a new home and chose Pella windows and doors. The quality of windows has declined over the years. This is our 2nd time purchasing Pella. We ordered a double/french door with glass and rod iron. After our front was installed we noticed dirt between in the pane in our left french door. It took Pella about 2 weeks to schedule us a 6-week visit. They came out and agreed that the glass needed to be replaced. It took another 6 weeks to replace the glass. When they did they replaced the glass with a rain texture, our other glass is a wave texture. So now our french glass door has mismatched glass. They said it would take another 6 to 8 weeks to get the wave glass.

Again they come to our home with another rain textured glass. I complained and they told me they could take the wave that I ordered and replace it with the rain so that my doors would match. I told Pella no, I ordered and paid for the wave texture and the rain looked like a cheap shower door. I was told another 6-8 weeks to get the wave. 2 weeks after that we received a call from Pella say telling us the wave is now discontinued. My only two options were to keep the mismatched glass and get my money back or take the rain design in both doors. Pella doesn't care that now I hate the front door or the fact that I would have never bought the front door with the rain glass. I refuse to settle for a door I hate.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

You are treated first class by Pella when it comes to ordering doors & windows but beware, when you hand over your money and your items arrive you will be greatly disappointed!!! No one will return your calls and nobody will help you. That's the trouble we've been dealing with. Thanks Pella for not standing up to your words!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

In 2016 I replaced all my windows (24) with the architect series. We are extremely happy. The product is as advertised, keeps the house warmer, quieter and reduces sun glare. These were not cheap but were well worth the price. This series is wood. We did not use Pella for the install but Lowe's which carries the product. They were not familiar with the installation but eventually got it correct. We had a couple of minor problems, lock, screen but I called Pella Corp headquarters and they resolve all my concerns with no problem. Two years now and the windows are great.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I have a 4 panel (12') and 2 panel (6') Pella patio sliding door units on the back of my house. I took pictures of the worst case but all of the other panels are well on their way to looking the same. Water seeps behind the aluminum cladding and rots the wood door. By the time I noticed this problem the doors had already begun rotting. I taped the seam only to delay this costly replacement as long as I could. Pella takes no responsibility for this design flaw. They blame the customer for not periodically applying sealant around the glass where it meets the metal trim. I find this odd given the panels came from the factory with no sealant applied and there were no instructions to do this in any of their product literature.

Also, would anybody by an exterior door like this that they have to apply sealant around the glass? I have an Anderson aluminum clad wood sliding patio door and multiple windows that have been maintenance free for 25 years. Isn't this what you would expect? It burns even more knowing that we paid an arm and a leg for Pella thinking they were the best. Everyone I know that owns Pella has had the same issue. There have been failed class action lawsuits against Pella (google it) that have failed because apparently they had good attorneys write the warranty language. You will be sorry if you buy Pella, bottom line. True zero stars but there was no option for that rating.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Had Pella Designer Series windows installed in my home in 2006. Since day one, I have had one window with a faulty mechanism to raise and lower the between glass blinds. It has never worked. In the beginning it was under warranty and replaced. Now I must pay and the problem still is not fixed. It's never been fixed. Because so many of their stores are going our odds business, it's very hard to find a local showroom or repair center. It takes forever to get someone to come out to fixed the problem. I'm very disappointed in this company and their service. I can see why they have a one star rating. I don't recommend using Pella... ever.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We had Pella Windows to come out and install two big picture windows and put in a new door w/ doggie door. They did and AWESOME job!!! Now, we built this house in 2016 so the custom huge screens and the storm door were still new. The installer lied and said the screens were cemented, which they were not, so lie #1, they were screwed in because my husband put screws in the screens to keep them from blowing out. You don't cement in screens anybody would know that. The screen door was removed and replaced with their new door. Well, we get home and we started looking around for our screens and storm door, NOTHING! We made a call to the installer, he indicated my screens and storm door were in the back of his truck, at this point we said NO! We want our screens and door, his response he would bring them back.

The next day he finished the new with locks. We noticed, the storm door back with all the screws but no screens. A call was made, to the sales consultant and he indicated it was debris and thought we did not want it anymore, we said DEBRIS!! Those screens were new. We indicated you all should have called the homeowners to see if we wanted our screens and not tear them up as well as take our storm door without our consent. The installer told a bald face lie, when we ask the first time. So, I said we are not going to go LOW with this issue, just go HIGH and pay them their $1617.22 balance and not use them ever again. They really should have reimbursed us back for our screens that they tore up and lied about. It would have been the right thing to do. Just remember GOD SEES ALL.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

When I first met the sales rep from Pella, she was very pleasant and took the time to explain product choices (at least that's what I thought). Total price for the door was $4400. A few weeks prior to installation the sales manager contacted me to ask for more money since they had 'mismeasured' the door. I refused to pay any additional money as this was not listed in the contract. On 8/14/18, the company installed a door with the sidelight on the wrong side, the door had nail dents and the window scratched. The frame was multi-colored: white, dark and light wood pieces.

Calls and texts to the reps at Pella was met with resistance and rude behavior. No one apologized and everyone argued that this was in fact the product ordered. No one could refer me to anything in writing with this. An appointment was finally made for someone to come to my home to assess the door on 10/2. No one showed and no one called. The following day, I received a text that they forgot and that he was busy as a single dad (not really my problem). The frustration with this company has been the most I've ever experienced.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I replaced a sliding patio door. The measurements by Pella were wrong. The stationary piece was too small. The screen door was bent and defective. The rollers were broken, leaving the sliding door unusable. In all, the experience was horrible. Pick another company! My previous experience with Marvin was great. I recommend Marvin! Skip Pella. Product is junk!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

April 2018 I had all my windows change as I was promise by Pella Windows the windows are very quiet windows. Heat stay in the winter... Home stay cool in the summer. BAD CHOICE. WINDOWS ARE VERY VERY NOISY. When contacted PELLA WINDOWS reply was, "Nothing we can do." What kind of business do something like that.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We paid $5,722.39 for Pella 12', 3 panel slide glass door with retractable screen, PLUS $1,430.00 for Pella's recommended installer to remove the old Pella slide glass door and install the new one. The old Pella slide door was leaking and ruined the carpet in the bedroom. Well, the new Pella slide door also leaks when there's a heavy rain. The retractable screen has never retracted properly and has fell off from the glue that taped it to the door frame.

Every time we called Pella, they would send out a Pella serviceman from Hayward, 90 miles from where we live, and charged us $190 for a service call. There's always a long wait time before someone can come out. So there it is, this expensive Pella slide door gave us wet carpet in the winter and bugs in the summer (no screen). This problem has been going on since 2012 and we elderly couples are still suffering from this Pella purchase, maybe a heart attack would satisfy Pella? The Pella agent that sold us the door was Jennifer **. What can we do? Help!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I purchased a Pella 750 series sliding patio door from Lowe’s (Michigan) and was unaware the screen was separated from the frame until it had been installed and the installers had left. I called Pella to report this defect and was told I needed to contact Lowe’s because they (Pella) were not responsible for that type of repair. I contacted Lowe’s and was told they were not responsible for repairing the screen. So... I’m stuck with a torn screen on a new door and Lowe’s nor Pella wants to repair it. PAY ATTENTION TO ALL THE 1 STAR REVIEWS!!! CHECK ALL YOUR MERCHANDISE BEFORE IT’S INSTALLED.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I live in Maine and purchased two eight foot Pella sliders through Hammond Lumber. One of the sliders came in damaged on the inside bottom panel with a significant dent in the finished wood. Pella was going to replace the entire unit, now they want to just send one panel to replace the damaged one. They sent the wrong hardware for the doors and now want to up-charge me $500 more for the correct hardware and won't credit the hardware they sent. This was the Pella store in S. Maine. So only one door is installed so far... two months later still waiting for a repair. RUN everyone... these people at the S. Maine store are deceitful and don't want to take care of their own product when it arrives defective.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I purchased 15 windows, 2 french doors, a double front door (with screens/blinds) 16 years ago. When I called to tell them about blind strings broken, handles not working, windows not opening/closing and roll screens not working, I was told to inventory all parts needed, then order them and someone would come and install. But if you ordered wrong, you will have to keep them. I now have the sash falling off outside and noticed the wood is all rotten. I called service, no longer under warranty (OF COURSE). Waiting for service to call me back to get a service person out to the house to see how many windows are actually damaged. WILL NOT PURCHASE REPLACEMENT WINDOWS FROM PELLA!!! EVER!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I installed these windows in 1990. I need a new crank out, but $161 plus tax is a ridiculous price. Overall I think it is cheaper replace the window. I tried to order just the handle only and it was a ridiculous price ($40).

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

The screen door is on the INSIDE of the door leaving the following problems: A very sloppy look with the screen on the inside. The door looks better from the outside than from the inside. There's no way to close the glass door without opening the screen. Any bugs on the screen come inside when you close the glass door. They all remain on the screen, which is now inside. If animals, ie. racoons, stray dogs etc. come to your door, you can't close the glass door without again opening the screen door, which is very dangerous. You only have the screen for protection and a barrier. All in all, a very bad design. Not to mention that we weren't told that the screen would be on the inside.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

What a nice PELLA Thermastar White Sliding Double Paned Vinyl 36.5" x 36.5" Window for my kitchen... for only $131.00 at Lowe's! (in Tucson). Too bad that the weed-whacker whacked an outside pane. That is one pane of glass, folks. No one will work on Pella windows in Tucson, you must call Pella. Pella folks were very nice on phone. Sent me a quote. THE ONE PANE OF GLASS COST $147.00, LABOR IS $160.00. If we wanted to put the pane in ourselves, to save labor... DELIVERY IS $150.00. So, I could actually buy (almost) TWO NEW WINDOWS for the cost of replacing ONE PANE OF GLASS. I will NEVER EVER PURCHASE OR RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My windows are less than 11 months old and a bird flew into it and shattered it. I was told by 3 different service reps telling me I was under a warranty and today I followed up and was told my window is not covered for a bird flying into it and cracking. Are the windows that thin and crappy that a bird can break? Service department lady and I got into a heated argument and she told me I was a liar that I was not told it was covered and I have emails saying it is. SHE WAS AWFUL AND RUDE. I will do my best to social media my ordeal and bad service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I bought windows and a door from Pella direct. I thought going direct to the manufacturer would get me the best possible price. Turns out I can purchase the exact same Pella product half price through Lowe's. I am not all that impressed with my product and the customer service and follow up in the Phoenix location leave a lot to be desired.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Do yourself a favor and if you're thinking of doing business with this company, which is actually KC Company, RUN!!! Do not do business with Pella/KC Company if you want to keep your sanity (When we complained to Pella, they said they were not liable for the job that we have to deal with KC Company. Funny, because we had no idea. We called Pella and asked for an estimate, and they sent us KC Company who represented themselves as Pella). Anyway, very unsatisfied with this company's service, as they are totally incompetent in being able to complete the job.

We paid top price thinking we would be getting a top-notch company to do the job - WRONG! They agree that there needs to be a price reduction because of the terrible service that they have given us - 8 months out and still not finished the job - totally ridiculous - but we can't seem to agree on the amount that is due to us. They really don't want to hurt their pocketbook, just their customer's purse. Can't measure if their life depended upon it. They've come out 5 times just to try to fit 2 screens, and each time they've come, the screens did not fit, and plus they were damaged in transport.

You'd think after the first time, that they would make sure that the screens would be good to go before they get here, but nope, 5 times and still can't get a stupid screen to fit. This is the least of it. The first time they installed two different windows. And when they came out to look at what the problem was, they never told us that they were two different windows (all I knew is the framing looked off). They send their guy back out to reframe the window, and I'm getting upset because it's still not right, and that's when we figure out it's two different windows that they installed - should have all been the same! This company is the absolute worst!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Several years ago I spent over $13,000 for a bay window and sliding doors, both designer series. The installation and quality of these was over the top. Unfortunately, their customer service is the absolute worst I have ever experienced. It is almost non-existent. Recently I tried to get in touch with the local office to replace one of the blinds which had broken in the bay window. They never answer their phone and do not return messages. In the meantime, I tried to open the hinged glass panel to fix the blinds myself, when it would not open. I popped it with a screwdriver to open it. But the next time, it would not open no matter what I did.

I called their 800 number and they were able to get someone from the local office to call me. I received a message and an email from Laura. But all attempts to get back to her failed. No answer, no returned messages and no answer to my returned email. I have called the 800 number too many times to count. When they did get me through to the local office, I spoke to a Randall. His attitude left way too much to be desired. Apparently I must have been upsetting him because I was not happy with the service I was receiving and when I told him, "I don't give a ** how he feels", he told me he was going to hang up on me. I ended that call and will not speak to him again.

I am currently in the midst of too many phone calls to the 800 number. I must say, the people at this number are very friendly and help as much as they can. They sent me a tool to open the windows, which did work, but I still need to replace the blinds (my attempts to fix didn't work out so good). The 800 number has sent messages to the local office twice to call me, and I have yet to receive a call from them.

By the way, they charge $120 for service. A window that costs thousands should have a lifetime warranty on things that should just work (like opening the panel). I want to replace five windows in my kitchen. I wouldn't replace them with Pella windows if they gave them to me and installed for free. It is NOT WORTH IT! Disgusted isn't a strong enough word for how I feel about this experience. Apparently they don't know the phrase "Customer Service is everything."

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Pella Windows (Denver) - Product: generally good, with a few reservations about the sliding door we bought (a little cheesy). Installation: incompetent beyond belief. A comedy of errors throughout. Parts were missing, measurements wrong, different crews showed up with or without a supervisor, and the salesman was clearly incompetent. Pieces of my (very expensive) windows are still missing, and have been many times promised -- I'm sure I'll never get them. This company has the reputation of one of the best...and yet most reviews are like mine: installation and service a disaster. How do they stay in business? Renewal by Andersen has got to be better (they could hardly be worse!).

Pella expert review by Joseph Truini

Pella has a 90-year history of designing and building high-quality, energy-efficient windows and doors. The company has been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency as an Energy Star Partner of the Year nine times, most recently in 2016.

• Extreme commitment to sustainability: Pella not only sells energy-efficient products but also constantly tests new products and new technology to make products even more sustainable.

• Custom shapes available: Pella builds aluminum-clad wood windows, vinyl windows and fiberglass windows Pella will also customize products to meet customers’ needs. The company also makes wood, fiberglass and steel entry doors; French doors; sliding, bifold and multi-panel patio doors; storm doors; and garage doors.

• Online guides available: Customers can watch videos or read blogs to help them get design ideas and get started purchasing doors and windows.

• Installation and service help: Customers can schedule a service visit online if they need help with their products.

• Custom product creation: Users can create a custom door or window using this company's online design tool to choose materials, colors, shapes and sizes.

• Best for: Pella is best for people who are environmentally conscious and want to purchase high-quality windows and doors.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Pella Company Information