Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

65 Honeywell Heaters Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

I used this heater less than 2 months. It overheated and melted the silver plastic around the display. Very dangerous. Now it is junk. I always thought Honeywell as a trusted source of heater. Not now. I see many other people having problems with this same heater.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

I purchased a Honeywell HZ970TD1 from Target several months back. The heater sat in the box until now. At 40, I was struck ill with a heart attack. I'm downstairs in the guest room which doesn't hold heat. Excitingly, It was finally time for me to use my new heater. To my disappointment, this thing stopped working after less than 24 hours of total use. It'll run for 2 to 3 minutes and then completely crap out. All led lights are visible with no indication of errors. After reading online reviews, it pains me to see just how many people have heaters with this same exact problem.

The feedback to Honeywell is overwhelming with no resolution in site by Honeywell. I've contacted Honeywell customer service only to be transferred over and over. I've been placed on hold countless times. Finally, I was disrespected so bad by a rep that I decided to write a review. I'm shame to have ever done business with this company. My wife is 8 months pregnant and now has to separate herself from me because there's no heat to comfort her. I can't travel up and down the stairs yet so I'm stuck. Something has to be done. This is wrong, unfair and just plain O immoral. Someone needs to make things right with me.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I read with horror some of the other reviews. Mine worked for years, and then noticed the light on the off-power control would flicker and then stopped working. I took off the face panel and looked at the wiring in the back. A small black switch on the inside by Tower was melted at the "L" corner (power in) and the wire frayed and rusted. It could be rewired and simply bypass the switch or new switch placed, but after what I read here I think I will pass. Made in China, got many years of good use out of it with no problems until this. Shame to send such a large, heavy, and probably toxic oil to the landfill.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

Honeywell Space Heater Model HZ-709. I've had this heater for 4 years. Last week I woke up, thank God, to my bedroom being 90+ degrees F and there was an odor. I shut off the heater and noticed that the plug was too hot to touch and had begun to melt! Once everything cooled off I unplugged the heater. Both the plug and receptacle were charred! I was going to see if I could get the part(s) to fix the heater but after reading that others have had this same issue and worse, I cut off the cord, disassembled the electronics, and threw out the heater. The bottom line here is that these heaters are unsafe and need to be recalled!! If you have one I strongly recommend you dismantle it and throw it away before you have a fire or worse!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

The heater worked fine for a couple of years in my aging Mom's bedroom. After I inherited it, it failed within a month. The LED panel froze. It would light, but none of the buttons would control any functions. The heater would not turn "on", i.e., it would no longer heat. After reading the other reviews here, I consider myself somewhat lucky.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honeywell?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

Honeywell customer service took my breath away with the total contempt with which they treat their customers. On hold for hours then just get cut off. And of course customer service cannot actually provide service. They simply direct you to someone else in the company who cannot help and is totally disinterested. It has been a long time since I have wasted that much time with such little satisfaction.

Original review: June 24, 2015

Honeywell keeps sending me e-mails and when I try to get them to stop or I try to unsubscribe, their website claims I did not enter data correctly, etc but it is an obvious ploy to not keeping their websites working and they think that allows them to continue to hammer us with e-mail advertisements. This is abuse, harassment, just like the phone calls at night.

Original review: May 21, 2015

I tipped the Honeywell HZ 709 heater sideways and it has not worked since. I read the troubleshooting info which says this heater should restart after tipping it over but it has not! Very disappointed. Haven't used it since which was over a year ago. So basically I got one season out of it. I have the booklet that came with it but I can't find the receipt. I bought this at Target.

Original review: May 10, 2015

I just had the plug on my Honeywell HZ-709 heater completely burn one of the leads of the three prong plug even though the heater was turned off. It is warm enough here that I was even considering putting my Air Conditioner on. For no apparent reason the plug just shorted and burned the lead to the point that it left burn marks on my wall. This is something that is associated with these heaters because if I look at the receptacle that that heater was plugged into I can see char marks on the receptacle, and it followed the heaters wherever they were plugged in. I got these at Home Depot and they will be going back tomorrow.

Original review: March 8, 2015

I bought two Honeywell HZ-717 Black Digital oil-filled Radiator Heaters around November or December 2013 from Wal-Mart and now neither one of them work now. One went out on me about the latter of February 2015 and my other one just went out on me March 5, 2015. I don't understand why they would make something that does not continue to work for years to come. These Heaters are costly and now they are not working. There's no explanation on why they stop working. No more than "if you tilt them" or "if they get too hot" they will shut off. Why not make a Reset for these heaters so people can continue to use them? At $69.99 plus tax a piece I haven't gotten my money's worth. I threw my boxes away because I thought I could trust the name "Honeywell." There should be a recall on these heaters.

Honeywell Heaters Company Information