3.18/5

Looking for a pest control company?

Ecolab Pest Control

Looking for a pest control company?

11 Ecolab Pest Control Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

We couldn't pay for service and our apartment was infested with German roaches and we had a new born baby so I tried to fill every hole around water all pipes and crevices, I sprayed, I trapped, and I made sure they were starving/dehydrated but nothing worked. One day, our neighbor was having her apartment sprayed. While I was talking to the neighbor, I asked if they could spray ours, they said just this once and they said it will last about 3 months. I told them I've been trying to get rid of the queen for months yet they still were still coming out, even during the day! Yet when they sprayed for us it was a blessing it did the trick and now I can manage them. That one was super nice!! However, customer service is awful and sales pitch person was crazy over the phone.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Be careful with these guys. Their contracts and policies are deceitful and disingenuous. Not very good with pest control either. They are like politicians... Many promises but no delivery. You should read one of their contracts just to get a laugh out of it.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I had used Ecolab service for my restaurant since 2011. 2018, I sold my restaurant. I called to canceled Ecolab service and paid everything that is due. I ask new owner to start a service with them which they did. The next three months service after transferred were done to new owner but invoices were sent to me. I contacted Ecolab 4 times to address invoice to new owner which I never received an respond from Ecolab.

I kept receiving letter for past due and eventually Ecolab sent the past due to a collection agency to collect payment. Then I received email/call/letters from agency for debts that did not owe at all. I would not recommend Ecolab to anyone that need pest control service. Ecolab doesn't have online payment set up. It's either payment auto-draft from your bank account or you mail a check in. Very inconvenience. Stay away!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I have called and set up two times to have a tech come to my home and spray for spiders, no one can even bother to call me and set up a time to take care of my spider problem. Will not call a third time, I will find someone who will call me.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

These are by far the friendliest I've ever came into contact with. The customer service from this company is uncanny. Almost makes me want to have bugs so they can come. When you have the customer service they have you will pay whatever the cost. But they aren't high anyway. Maybe about mid range from their competitors. They not only pay attention to every area of the home they make sure you are knowledgeable about what goes on. The dos and don'ts of the house like old books. I've never called or set an appointment and they not show up. They are a pretty reliable company and would totally recommend to friends, family and colleagues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ecolab Pest Control?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

They showed up on time and they did the work and I was mostly happy. The cost were pretty reasonable for the work that they did and I thought they could have charged a little more. They were very attentive to detail. I gave them some instructions and they followed them. They were very reliable. They showed up on time and they got the work done when we said they would which was a reasonable amount of time.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Always on time, helpful when needed. I loved their products. If I had a problem they were quick to get me a response and send out a tech right away. The cost is average but well worth the money spent for the prompt service. The product you get works great. It's easy to use with outstanding results. Working in health care this was important to me. The tech was always helpful in explaining how to use a product and what to expect out of it. If he did not know the answer he got someone who did. If I ever had a problem 24-7 I called the hotline and was always called back by my tech and was quick to find a resolution to the problem.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The customer service was fantastic. I'd recommend everyone to use this. They provide very good details and help whenever it is needed. So far I have had no trouble at all. The cost is pretty much the bad part only because of so much it is worth. The expensive part is a very hard choice in what to make so choose wise.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Called for service pricing detail of service and was given all without a problem. Worker was quick, neat, and dedicated to his job. Made sure all work was done correctly and ask was there anything else I could be helped with. Cost was nothing compared to job. Cost was low. Didn't bother my budget. I'd recommend to anyone who needs this type of service. They are good and cost little to nothing. Came in, analyzed the perimeter, set up the tools needed and began work. Watching, looking and searching for anything his experience has taught him until all was over and done with. Real reliable. Didn't interrupt my schedule. Showed up half hour early. Called me, ask did I need more time because he was already on the scene and that he can began whenever I was ready.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The service technician was very friendly. He thoroughly explained what he was doing and answered all of my questions. He also made sure I knew what to expect after treatment. I'm not typically one to want to spend a lot of money on something, but the value of the service I received was very good. The treatment was far more effective than anything I could have bought and done myself. The technician double checked on my reason for scheduling service and he was very thorough when he applied the treatment to my house. He also made sure I was informed on what he was doing the entire time. The technician showed up during the scheduled appointment time. The customer service representative I spoke with on the phone gave me all the information I needed when I set up the appointment.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

The customer service experience was great. They are very professional, and they always make sure that we understand what and where were treated. The costs is not expensive and affordable. They have money back guaranteed if you are not satisfied or unsatisfied with their customer service. They definitely pay attention to detail. They always double-check to make sure the affected area are treated to prevent any future problems. The service are very reliable because they call you ahead of time to inform you when they are coming and they also give you a quote for the service.

Ecolab Pest Control expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Ecolab is a large company that is known for its hygiene, water, and energy services. The company provides pest control primarily for hospitality and food services.

• Variety of pests: Ecolab treats a wide variety of pest problems, including cockroaches, rats, mice, and bedbugs.

• Commercial specialists: Ecolab is known for being a leader in dealing with all sorts of pests for commercial properties.

• Eco-friendly: Because it works in the food service industry, Ecolab Pest Control uses many safe, eco-friendly products.

• Customer service: Because Ecolab is such a large company, it can be hard for customers to receive personal and individualized customer service.

• Focus: Ecolab only works with commercial properties.

• Best for: Commercial property owners