Formerly Central Security Group

1.5/5 (176 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Alert 360

Alert 360 provides home security systems nationwide. It offers multiple packages with different levels of security, as well as smart home integration options. The company doesn’t disclose its pricing on the website, but you can receive a free quote online or by visiting your local agent.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Available nationwide
    • Smart home integration
    • Multiple packages

Cons

• No price transparency
    • Monitoring services are expensive

Bottom Line

Alert 360 offers smart devices, system packages and professional monitoring services featuring various levels of security. It provides free quotes online and in person, and its services are available nationwide.

Alert 360 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I called to cancel my account over 6 years ago. Apparently something needed to be done in writing and I was never notified. I moved and got married. They charged me to an old account I don’t access often for 6 years for monitoring a non active system. They offered nothing. Completely disgraceful service.

Alert 360 response

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to resolve this. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward. Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Resolution response: Sept. 4, 2019

Alert360 resolved the issue via a phone call. I appreciate the reach out to me to work out a full solution, and the phone call was great with understanding the issue at hand.

Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I switched providers because my contract had long expired after the 36 months. When I called to cancel the billing depart said, "You are on automatic renewal" so I login to Alert360.com. Nowhere can you find automatic Renewal written in the account or find a place to turn it off. The billing depart goes on to say it is in section XYz where it not. They acquired Smith Security who we were originally a part of. Alert360 is scam. How I was acquired from Smith monitoring and when I signed up with them it said 36 months is the contract as you have to pay for the the new equipment. I fulfilled my 36 months. Do not use this company. You be automatically renewed and you cannot figure out how to turn it off as it is not listed in your account. Total scam.

Alert 360 response

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to resolve this for you. I apologize for the confusion regarding auto-renewal. We try to ensure this isn't an issue by having our customers sign a "No Secrets" page which restates the contract terms in an effort to minimize issues like yours. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

When we got our service the agent who installed our service said we can cancelled our contract by only paying certain amount. But when I call the customer service they want us to pay the remaining months of the contract. Dont used this security service. They will not explain to you when it's being installed and never said in the contract that we have to pay a huge amount terminating our contract. 3 yrs is such a long contract!!!

Alert 360 response

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to resolve this for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I switched from ADT To Central Security using Honeywell alarm system. The Tech was nice and helpful but we noticed that our alarm system would cut off the internet, every time you would turn on and off the alarm. He never hooked up the splitter that came with the system. Also when I tried to call Central Security after my alarm was set off, I never received a call back to confirm. When I called there was no account under our name and I'm set up for automatic payments. I have no idea who is monitoring and to cancel.

Good afternoon,

Upon receiving your latest response, I was able to locate your account. One of our team members will be in touch soon to discuss options with you.

Resolution response: Aug. 21, 2019

Drake from Alert360 contacted me and was able to help resolve this issue. He was very professional and offered a solution that I was happy to accept. Thank you for valuing me as a customer and I would be happy to do business in the future.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I'm disappointed with this company. While I was a customer the service provided was satisfactory. In Oct of 2018 I called to cancel my service and after checking my account almost 10 months later I found I was still being charged for service even though I didn't have a contract. The reply was nothing was ever received in writing. During this time I was in the middle of a move and cannot recall if the notification was sent or not. The issue I have is they are aware if the system is unable to be monitored and no attempt was made to contact me to resolve the issue. There was no active phone line at the service address so monitoring was impossible. I understand accepting payment when service is provided but it seems sketchy to knowingly take payment when you know you are unable to provide the service.

After calling it was also discovered that my contact info had been incorrectly saved on my account. Also there was no supervisor available to take my call to try and resolve this matter. In other similar situations the response was, "We were able to see that your system was being used so you benefited from our service." Well in my case the system was not being used for over 10 months. Until this point I was a very satisfied customer for over 6 yrs. I'm waiting to see if they value their customers and do the right thing.

Alert 360 response

Thank you so much for providing us the opportunity to resolve this for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward. Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I was a Central Security Customer for 3 years at a different address than now. When I moved, the company Fort Knox telephone on the hour trying to get my account at current address. Once agreed, they were there on the day of move-in trying not to lose the account. It was not until after installation was completed (approx. 5 hours), I was told that the monitoring services would be provided by Central Security. Since I had them before I agreed to proceed. WHAT A MISTAKE. Immediately there were problems. Kitchen window, glass break sensors. The first time out, I was charged a trip charge. I challenged the charge because the mentioning a trip charge in the contract terms stated "may be charged" not that it "will or shall" be charged. The installer told me that all commercial terms to include trip charges would be spelled out as specific charges.

I telephoned Central Security after the second alarm for the glass break sensor went off and they told me that I had a warranty that trip charges would not be applicable. NOT TRUE. Two weeks ago I got a "Control Radio" alert failure. Called Central and tech support said they knew about the problem in the area and that the alert would go away and the control panel would reset itself. It did. This past Friday at 7:04 they had a yellow code for the Houston area and that this was most likely the problem. However, he later said he believed the problem was with the console. He told me that I was to pay $25 for someone to come out and check the system. I told him that I had several discussions before regarding the trip charge where I was told it was not applicable. He said he would send someone out at no cost and will have his CEO contact me.

The CEO was a customer service person. Told me that the tech person had no right to tell me that he would send a tech out at no charge. All of this is being recorded. I asked her to send me a email confirming her claim that going from now I would have to pay a trip charge even with warranty. By the way, the contract said "may" not "will or shall". She emailed a copy of the contract without any comments. The contract does not support her claims. I intend to send a copy to the State of Texas Board of Private Investigators & Private Security Agencies and Attorney General direct for further investigation. The contract after reading more closely does not allow for cancellation after 30 days of installation even if their default equipment fails and they provide no monitoring services.

Alert 360 response
    We regret any misunderstanding with Ms. Ford. We have a technician scheduled at her convenience to correct any system issues.

We consider ourselves transparent and flexible when misunderstandings arise, as has been shown previously with Ms. Ford. Our service agreement clearly specifies our terms as does our “No Secrets” agreement, which restates our contract in plain language. If we find our equipment is at fault we will always make repairs at no charge to our customer.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I received unsolicited calls to my cell phone number that has been on the Do Not Call list since 2006; offering me free security monitoring equipment if I signed up with Alert 360 as my monitoring service for $54/mo. I sent a letter to the Pres/CEO Richard Ginsburg. It was signed for on July 1. A lady contacted me and told me he was looking into it. I have not heard from them since.

Alert 360 response
    Good afternoon, Lyn. We've done extensive research into our call logs, and based on the information you provided via email, we have confirmed the calls are not coming from Alert 360. Any additional information you could provide that could be beneficial (any name provided, the phone # the call is coming from, etc.) to tracking down the entity who is calling would be greatly appreciated. We would like to work with you to put a stop to these calls, both to you and others being misled.

-Ashley R.

Original review: July 2, 2019

First off, I wish I had read these reviews prior to the con artist lying to us about the company. We got the system January 2019 and was ready to give it up after 3 months of inconsistent filming. We called. You cancel and they claim there's no cancellation. Yea okay no cancellation. Never heard of such a thing. The fake CEO of this scamming company was suppose to send me the contract he claimed I signed stating we can't cancel and to date I've yet to see it. I asked him to email it which takes minutes and nothing. Also the guy who signed us up is M.I.A. with no new number. They are full of crap and I see that they're are responding to comments as if they can resolve our issues. You cannot resolve anything until you're put in jail behind your fraudulent company. I can't wait to see your response on this. I'm wondering how long it takes for BBB to put this to a STOP.

Shaunya,

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with Alert 360. We are a world-class customer service provider with industry-leading BBB and social media ratings. Vanguard Security, as well as Alert 360, have made more than a dozen attempts to reach you in order to resolve your concerns. We remain eager to make adjustments to your system at no charge to you. We have sent additional copies of your service agreement and we ask that you contact us to get this matter resolved.

Original review: June 28, 2019

This company is an absolute SCAM. Was told by the sales associate that had me sign up if anything comes up in the future getting out of the contract would be no trouble at all. That was false. Here we are 2 years into the contract and my home has since been sold & the new homeowners want nothing to do with Central Security AKA Alert 360 after researching all of the horror stories about the service and contracts. I called this company and notified of my situation and their answer was I have to either pay the remaining 13 months on this HORRIBLE contract upfront OR I can sign a NEW contract after my new home is finished getting built. They only care about new contracts.

MY advice to anyone is STAY AWAY from any alarm company looking to lock you into a 3 yr agreement .They also autorenew contracts if you don't give them written notice as described in little letters hidden in their contracts. If they were a reputable company they would not need 3 yr or more agreement contracts. Check out all the complaints against this company on BBB, Consumer Affairs etc. Please do your homework before signing anything with this company.

Alert 360 response

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Louis. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Thank you for the opportunity to resolve this for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward.

Ashley R.

Social Media Manager - Alert 360

Original review: June 12, 2019

I was a Central Security (now Alert 360) customer for the past 5 years. 2 years ago I completed my contract in full. I called to inquire about how to disconnect my service in hopes of getting a better deal. They knocked off a whole $5 and then informed me that my contract had automatically renewed because I had not called within 30 days of my contract cancelling. Needless to say I was an irate customer. After asking for a supervisor and speaking with the supervisor, I was informed that she would switch me to month to month and that all I had to do in the future was call and cancel my service if I chose to do so.

Today, I received and self installed my new Ring alarm system, and made a phone call to Alert 360 (Central Security) to cancel my service. I was transferred to their (CEO Care) department at which time I was told I had to put the cancellation in writing and pay for another 30 days due to a 30 day notice policy. This is not what I was told two years ago when I was out of contract. These folks are liars. They are just trying to get me for another 30 days of service that I am not using.

Alert 360 response
    Alert 360’s contracts include a “No Secrets” form which ensures there can be no confusion regarding the contract terms. As standard in the industry, our contracts automatically renew (unless written notice is provided prior) ensuring customers aren’t left open to potential harm or loss.

We have offered options, including a reduction in overall remaining charges as a gesture of good faith for his loyalty. Mr. Elkins has denied the options we have available. We remain open to discuss a resolution.

Original review: June 3, 2019

We have had our system for approximately 2 years. Throughout the years we have had several issues with the system. Issues range from the system not working, the tech installing the system then forgetting the password he chose then charging us for a repair he couldn't make (another tech came out who we also had to pay), our alarm going off and no calls from Central dispatchers, the keypad not locking on demand, issue with customer service.

Well, the latest issue we have is due to lightening at least we assume; however, we called for service and was told we would have to pay $124 for something, an additional $79 per hour to the tech, and depending on what's needed we would have to pay to replace equipment. Now the system went completely out, not one time did or have we received any message from Central via phone but they did send out an email. We reached out to Central who told us that there wasn't anything they could do to help and that we would still be bound by the contract for monitoring services. Central does not value the security of its customers. WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN.

Alert 360 response
    Update: Alert 360 has reached out to Mr. & Mrs. Johnson who state they did not file this complaint.

________________________________

Good afternoon. I am so sorry you've had such a negative experience. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. If you will please send the phone # on your account via private message, I will gladly research this for you and see what options we might have available for you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: May 31, 2019

After many years of their service, I called Central Security 360 to cancel my account (under expired contract - unless they extended that as well unbeknownst to me). I had all my exterior windows and doors replaced and decided did not need their services re-installed, so I called to cancel. Was told account would be noted - no mention of sending a written notice.

Move forward 5 - 6 months and I realize my account is still active and they are requesting back-pay. When I called, I advice them I will not pay for services not rendered when I had all exterior entry points replaced and no security service was provided. I also had a call from the NOC when I advised them their alarms were because there were no longer any connection points and that I had requested cancellation Oct., 2018. This company continues to call daily, they continue to leave messages daily even after I have told them to cancel and no I will not provide for back-pay. Now, Central Security 360 is calling out daily to my “in case of emergency POC” whom no longer lives in the area and is not a responsible party to my previous contract with them.

They have turned to being nasty aggressive, pushing contract renewals, re-installment of security system after I have stated several times NO - CANCEL THE ACCOUNT AND THERE WILL NOT BE ANY BACK-PAY. My next move is calling my attorney for next actions against this predatory and unwanted, forceful sales tactic.

Alert 360 response

Good afternoon. I apologize for your frustrations. I would be happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. Please send the phone # on your account via private message, so I can research this for you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have two accounts with this company. One is a home account ** and the other business **. When we moved we went back with this company though we’d had billing issues in the past. My husband set up the home in his name with his info. The business was set up using our EIN as with me as a signer. We closed the business in October 2018. The service should have been discontinued in November. They would not back date to November when I asked them to and told me I was responsible for the balance of the contract. I refused to pay for a full year in which I am not using their services.

Their answer was for the building owner to put it in their name. The building is for sale and the owner hates this service. This company transferred a commercial location bill to my husband's personal account and disconnected my service. My account is on auto draft so there should be no reason for my business to affect my home. They billed me 1,118.60 for service I don’t have. Additionally, I have moved the business once and home once and instead of transferring the contract the only way we could keep the alarm is by starting a new contract.

Good afternoon, Rhonda.

I apologize for your dissatisfaction. We would be more than happy to discuss this matter with you. Please send the phone # on your accounts, and someone will reach out soon.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: April 26, 2019

This company changes its name to try and fool its customers. I'm sick of the service guys not having the equipment on their truck. It's getting old. The equipment is junk. The old equipment I had prior was working with no issues. Now I get communication failure, loss of supervision. Guy has been here for almost 2 hours because he's out smoking cigarettes in his truck. I'm going back to ADT. Go with the big company. Not these little mom and pop shops.

Alert 360 response

Good morning Mike. I apologize for your frustration, and I would be happy to look into this, but I am unable to locate your account. Could you please provide the phone # on your account via private message? Additionally, Alert 360 is one of the top-5 security companies in the United States with locations all across the country.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: April 23, 2019

I signed up with this company over 4 years ago, had a lot of issues that could not be resolved from the beginning, the alarm kept going off for no reason, the installer blamed the existing wiring in the house, after receiving 3 bills for 75 dollars each from the sheriffs alarm detail, I called the sales rep and cancelled the service. I did not used the alarm any more and as far as I know was inactive, fast forward until a month ago, I check that rarely used account and this company has been billing me over 60 dollars a month for an alarm that I cancelled in the beginning due to it not working properly.

I moved from the house over a year ago as well. I have been billed over 3000 for an alarm that I cancelled 4 years ago. I called customer service and was told that I needed to send another cancellation form so I did, I also stopped payment through my bank, I still have not heard from Alert 360 but they are fighting the cancellation of the payment and are trying to collect fees on me for cancelling the payments. I can't say in any way that this is a good company.

Alert 360 response

Edit 4/29: We have tried to reach you & your voice mailbox was full. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter.

We apologize for your dissatisfaction with Alert 360. As stated in your original agreement and as a security provider, we require written cancellation of your service. We also show your security system was being used well after it was installed which would indicate you were actively using your system and receiving a benefit.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Update on 04/19/2019: OK...here is my response. A person called from Central Security and listened to what I had to say and then she told me that Central Security valued my loyalty and wanted to make things right. The first thing was to get my system back in working order....which they promptly did. (The guy came out and repaired everything within a few days.) The next thing she told was that she would get me on a $21.95/month plan that would INCLUDE cell phone access and the warranty intact. I told her that was great...and then she wanted me to sign another 3 year contract which I told her I would not do. She then told me that even though there isn't a place on the new agreement, she would put it in the system and that this was now a month to month.

Guess what? I never received anything...no confirmation or any follow up call. Now, I just got hit again with a $57 charge for a month of monitoring which is ridiculous considering all of the other offers that I have right now. I have been a loyal customer for YEARS! I have more than paid for this equipment. Either get this taken care before April 15th, 2019 or consider me a former customer. I will close my account and go with a company that appreciates its long time customers.

Original: I have been with CSG through 3 homes and over 6 years. I took them with me when I moved and I always signed a new agreement. I have been in this home for 3 years and have paid through the original 24 month agreement by 7 months and I decided I would call them to reduce that high monthly rate. They are only willing to knock off about $10/month but also want me to sign another 24-36 month agreement with them. There are MANY choices out there with much better offers. I thought they would be a little more willing to keep me as a customer but after seeing how they value me, I will shop for a new system and drop them. By the way, I have had them out numerous times for repairs and I have two issues now that have to be repaired which is also why I have continued to pay for a warranty on this equipment. At the very worst, I will probably have to sign another contract but I will definitely get a better rate PLUS new equipment that works!!!

Alert 360 response

Good morning, David. I apologize for your frustration and would be happy to assist you with this. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your account based on the information provided. If you could please send the phone # on your account via private message or by email, I will research your account and work to find a mutually agreeable resolution with you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Well at least I'm not alone here. I've been with Central 3 years. I called to try and lower my bill of $62.50 a month due to extreme unexpected financial hardship due to disability. I'm literally stuck paying a contract and unable to buy food for my family because of it. This company could care less. Wouldn't work with me at all. Guess I will have to close my bank account and let them start harassing me for payment instead. Unbelievable how heartless people can be. Yes I signed a 5 year contract but I had no idea at the time my husband and I both would be in a horrible accident that left us both disabled. Lesson learned.

Good morning, Katherine.

Upon researching your account, I see that our agents have offered you numerous options in an effort to resolve this for you. We've also offered you a substantially lower rate as well as a chance to be released from your agreement with a buyout option, and you advised us you'd like to look at other security companies. We have extended multiple credits allowing you time to decide how you'd like to proceed. We still have these options available, and are open to discuss.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I will start by saying how thankful we are to have found ADT that would allow us to use the existing equipment in our new house and sign a one year contract. In our current house we have an alarm system we assumed from the previous owners. It was Central Security. Their new name is Alert 360. Beware, in my opinion there is a reason they changed their name. We told Central Security we would only be in our current home for two years or less. Therefore we did not want to sign up for a 3 year contract.

After making this clear we were told there was a two year option since we would not be changing the equipment. My wife started the new contract. We found out when we called to let them know we were moving Central Security (now Alert 360) were demanding payment to close out a three year contract, over $640. After this dishonest behavior I tried to negotiate a lower price. Five calls later with several people from the "CEO's" office the buy out was reduced to $415.

Out of curiosity I called back as a new customer. I gave them the new home address. I explained that the equipment was already in the house and explained we would only be there for a year to a year and a half. I asked if there was a one year contract option, the agent said yes with a $149 start up fee. Then I told him I was an existing customer and asked if I could transfer my service for the $149 and start a new contract for one year. Same thing right? And I expected to be treated better as an existing customer. WRONG. He said I would have to pay the $415 dollars then sign another three year contract that I told him I did not want. I told him this practice of burning bridges behind them with their clients is a bad business move. He did say he would play the tape of the conversation for his supervisor.

Alert 360 response

Good morning, Mr. Hillman.

I’m sorry you’re having a frustrating experience. I have sent you a private response due to Consumer Affairs character limit. I hope we can work toward a mutually agreeable resolution which not only addresses your concerns but prevents a loss to our company as well.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have a brick home. They hardwired my system putting holes in my walls by all my windows and doors. It did not take much to disrupt the system and it stopped working completely and I notified them that it was not working and I wished to discontinue my service. 4 years went by and I finally received a letter from them; I received no messages or written correspondence up until that point. They had not cancelled my service. Shame on me That I did not catch them drafting my account; I was a recent widow working full time and raising two young children on my own. I provided documentation of my husband passing and I truly thought they would be sympathetic and cancel the system back to the date it stopped working. They did not service or repair it.

They knew it was not working. They told me they had attempted to call me. I certainly did not receive messages from them. Why wait 4 years to send a letter if you could not reach me? They called me today and I was at work and could not answer. They did not leave a message. I returned the missed call. I asked them if they could repair the damage they caused when they installed the system. I was told it was my property and they are not responsible. My experience with this company has been horrific from start to finish.

Alert 360 response

Good morning, Lisa. I apologize that you've had such a negative experience. We are currently researching your account, and a member of our management team will be in touch within the next two business days to discuss a resolution with you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

READ THROUGH THE LIST!!! I am not the only review where CSG continues to draw money from my account AFTER I CLOSED IT. What sucks even more, is that when you call you get the same BS story about "pay through the end of your term". I was a customer with them at my home and business, more than 5 years EACH. I closed the business and cancelled service on November 1st. They billed me again on November 20th and December 20th. I HOPE THAT $116 DOLLARS WAS WORTH IT. If this review gets at least 1 person to sign with another provider, it was worth my time.

Alert 360 response

Good morning, Donald. I'm sorry you've had a frustrating experience. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. Would you please send the phone # on your account through private response or via email.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We got the alarm system, we told the agent we were renting to own and this was not a problem. Now that the owner of the home is selling the property to an invested we are forced to move and rent again. I sent Richard ** an email to get some help in resolving the matter and never received a response. CSG says we have to pay the $1000 until the end of the contract even though we don’t have the equipment or the services anymore. No help or consideration for any life situation, once they get your money and card information you're doomed!

Alert 360 response
    Update:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to resolve this for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything in the future.

Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Good afternoon Alana,

I would be happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. Could you please private message me the phone # on your account, and a member of management will be in touch to discuss.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I was hit with a false alarm fine in August, which I paid. My husband activated the alarm and due to poor communication and two different representatives speaking to two different homeowners, the police were called out. I authorized the call, but my husband canceled it, but because we were speaking to two different people, they sent the police out. I have asked for a credit on my account for the fine I paid.

They keep making excuses and want me to jump through hurdles to get that credit. My monthly charges equal more than that for two months and I've been with them for four years... That's roughly $2800 I already paid them, and I'm asking for $100.00. I was provided with the instructions on how to cancel my service, which I followed. My last payment should be next month and it better be, but I am concerned after reading the previous reviews. With competitive do-it-yourself systems and vendors out there... I really don't know how they will stay in business... Changing your name does not fool anyone.

Alert 360 response
    Update:

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to resolve this for you, Lena. We're happy you've chosen to continue to be a part of the Alert 360 family. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything in the future.

Good morning Lena,

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We bought a home with a CSG system already installed. We took over the contract the previous homeowners had on the house and were advised we’d just need to fulfill the remaining contract. I call in to cancel services now that I’ve sold the home and I’m told I still have 11 months left to fulfill in my contract. I asked them to pull the call recordings when I called in and discussed services and the contract takeover and I was advised calls only go back 6 months and maybe IT could find the archived call records. I will not be recommending services to anyone. Just like many others stated fast to expect your payment and when you go to cancel based on the agreements nothing but problems and misinformation.

Alert 360 response
    Update:

Thank you for providing the opportunity to resolve this for you, Mr. Rawleigh. We appreciate your business and hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Good morning Josh,

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I have been a customer of this firm for many many years. My account covered 3 addresses, 1 for my personal home and 2 addresses for a rental duplex. I sold the duplex in May 2018 and asked how to cancel. They said send an email so I did on May 16. I requested cancellation of the duplex addresses. From June to October I have disputed every bill because I keep getting billed for two addresses I don’t own. They said extend the contract on my personal residence so I did. They said talk with the Office of CEO, I have.

I have sent emails and have made multiple hour long phone calls to stop getting billed. The latest bill had me being charged TWICE on my personal home, and once on one of the addresses from the duplex, and a mere 1 month credit for the other address. I just want to make the security system nightmare end and receive credit on my account for 5 months of service that I was billed after the account was cancelled. I just sent a very lengthy letter, with bill disputes highlighted and copies of all emails that I have sent regarding this issue. My phone number is ** and one of the duplex addresses is **. I see where some other complaints have been addressed and I want mine to be addressed as well.

Good morning Rachel,

I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, but to do so will need more information. Could you please send me the phone # on your account through private message or email to Alert360Cares@alert360.com, and a member of our management team will reach out to discuss?

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Check reviews elsewhere. After jumping through hoops to terminate my account with CSG, at the END OF ITS TERM, including both written and phone notices, they continue to draw money from our bank account. Worse yet, there are many reviews online that show they do this to many customers after the accounts are closed. Please consider filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, and Consumer Division of the Texas State Attorneys General Office, or this dishonest company will continue to steal money from customers.

Good morning Peter,
    It was our pleasure to speak with you today and we’re glad we were able to resolve this issue for you. As we discussed over the phone, this was an error on our part
    and we sincerely regret any inconvenience we may have caused. This error has now been corrected and a refund has been applied. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Got a security system for a two year contract for a home. I specifically asked the representative would we be done without further obligation after the two years. I wanted to know in case we decided we didn’t want to keep the service. He told me point blank yes, the service ended in two years and someone would call before then to see if we wanted to renew. Now after two years, they say there’s a clause somewhere that we are obligated ANOTHER FULL YEAR if we didn’t cancel by a certain date before the two years ended. Don’t sign up with anyone affiliated with them!

Good afternoon Herman,

I'm sorry you're having a negative experience. A member of our team has reached out to you to discuss options we have available for you, but have been unable to connect with you. Is there a good time we can reach you?

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Had signed a contract about two years ago with this firm. No one said during that initial contact anything about paying all 3 years if you need to cancel (I assumed it's like any other service, a fixed fee with a common sense value + maybe another month). Maybe it is in some hidden form somewhere since they give you 1000 pages you only see when they install the equipment (how can you have time to read all that stuff).

Edit:

Upon researching your account, I have discovered that your contract/billing agreement is not with us. We recommend you reach out to the company you have contracted with for services to further resolve.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Around December of 2017 I presented an issue I had with my alarm company payment and service. I called Royal Security and was routed to Central Security Group. Central Security informed me that my services would be cancelled by April 30th 2018 and would not renew, the customer service rep then stated “is there anything else that I can assist you with”. At that time I stated no thank You and ended the call. I noticed some inconsistencies on my banking ledger on August 27th, 2018. After reviewing my withdrawal statement I noticed that CSGNationwide has been taking money out of my account since May of 2018. This was very upsetting as I was informed that they would not be withdrawing any money from my account due to my alarm services not renewing.

I called Royal Security and was transferred to a Central Security Group representative who informed me that my service was not cancelled and actually auto renewed without my permission. I find this to be a very dishonest company who should inform me of this beforehand. I also don’t understand why I was never notified the month prior to this renewal, even if I was informed prior (which I wasn’t). Things happen. It’s life. Your company may not know this or not but a friendly reminder isn’t hard to send especially to paying customers. Being sidelined by a unexpected bill is however very hard to accept especially after being told that it would definitely cancel.

I spoke to James ID: ** who wasn’t much help. James seemed irritated that I wanted to calmly discuss how your company was continuing to in a nice way screw me over. He barely wanted to provide his name or badge and declined to give his last name but insisted I give mines which to me is another disturbing scenario but we won’t dig into that because the problem at hand is There was no apology and or no direct answer to my how to cancel your services which was my main concern/question.

I would like this service cancelled and cancelled immediately. Price gouging and or nonexistent explanation of payment for goods is pretty against the law. Furthermore after my review is made public in hopes that this would prevent future customers from experiencing this inconvenient hardship which I have had to encounter in the amount of $300.

Good morning,

I’m sorry you’re having a negative experience. I would be happy to look into this for you, but will need more information to do so.

Please provide the phone # on your account via private message or through email at CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, and someone will reach out to discuss this with you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I called a couple of months before my 3 year contract expires to cancel. I didn’t want it to auto renew another year. I was told I needed to talk to a manager, they was too busy and asked me to leave my number so they would call me back... that call never came. A week or so later I finally got a manager on the line, I was told I needed to write an email stating I wanted to cancel service. I did that and received an email stating they got my email from I guess their automated response. Now that my contract is up, I got another bill... I called and again they said I needed to talk to a manager since no one could look into my account to tell me if ya canceled or not... Again they are swamped and asked me to leave my number... still no callback. I'M TIRED OF HAVING TO GO THROUGH THIS JUST TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT!!! Quick to get money and sign people up but don't wanna end services when asked.

Good morning Long,

Upon researching your account, I found your cancellation email which indicates your acknowledgement that your contract ends September 30, 2018. Per this email, your service and billing will terminate at the end of September. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any further questions.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

So according to Central Security Group, renters aren't allowed to have service. This is coming right from them. When I initially signed up the sales rep came to my home and had me sign an electronic contract which I never received a copy of. I informed him I was renting my home and it didn't seem to be a problem. I just called today because I am in the process of moving to another home, renting still.

I was told I shouldn't have been offered service since I wasn't the homeowner and my options are. 1. Have the new landlord take over services. 2. Have the new tenant take over services. 3. Pay for a service I am unable to use for the remainder of the contract. 4. Pay off the contract because of false information I was given. WOW! Horrible customer service especially for a system I have had numerous technicians come out for over the span of 18 months. Next stop, my attorney's office. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this all because the sales rep wanted to make a quick commission. I fully intend to file a lawsuit. Thanks Central Security Group!

Alert 360 response

I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience, Don. I would be happy to research this for you, but will need more information to do so. Will you please private message me the phone # on your account or email it to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com?

Alert 360 Company Information