2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

Nintendo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nintendo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nintendo?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I bought a new Nintendo Switch. Sadly, it stopped reading the SD card on the 2nd day we had it. I thought about just returning it, but the Nintendo Repair site said it would only take 5-10 business days. I sent it in to Nintendo as directed. It arrived on time. However, two week later, the Nintendo Repair site still lists it as "Due In". I spoke with a customer service rep who said they have it, but it is being processed and will be sent to a queue waiting to be seen by a repair technician. So much for 5-10 business days. Nintendo simply cannot provide an answer to when I will have it repaired and returned. They also just don't seem to care. Had I known this, I would have returned the switch to the buyer for my money back. I regret making this purchase.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Worst company warranty. Never buy these cheap company products. I bought Nintendo Switch 6 months ago and controller stop working. They ask to send repair center and it took 1 month to get back and still not fixed. I asked again to fix, it took again 1 month but they send back still in same condition. Very cheap stupid company that even can’t send new one or properly fix, even it’s under warranty. Wasted my kid vacation time.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Unfortunately my issue has yet to be resolved. It all began a few weeks ago when I needed to contact Nintendo regarding my son’s password issue. The person I spoke to, Daniel, was personable and helpful...that’s the good news. He fixed the password issue, no problem. I happened to mention that all 3 sets of my son’s Joy-Cons were defective (drifting) and that he was unable to use them. Daniel explained that I could send them all in for repair FOR FREE or, if they couldn’t be fixed, they would most likely be replaced at no charge. I was elated! Within the hour, I received an email containing the shipping label for the Joy-Cons. We packed them up and shipped them out a few days after initially calling Nintendo.

A few days later, I received an email stating that Nintendo received the Joy-Cons. A couple of days after that, I got another email stating that my items are being shipped back to me. I was impressed at how quickly this all happened. Little did I know how naive I was with this situation. Within the email contained a tracking number so that I could follow my delivery as it makes its way to my door. Waited one week...nothing. Checked the tracking and the package had not even left Nintendo. Week 2...same thing. Package had not left for its destination. Finally, on August 10, 2020 I checked tracking AGAIN and to my surprised it stated SHIPPING CANCELED.

I called Nintendo that day, waiting on hold for at least 10-15 minutes. The first man I spoke to told me that UPS never picked up the package. So I called UPS. They told me that Nintendo was the one who cancelled the order. UPS never touched it. I called Nintendo back...waiting on hold for 10-15 minutes. This time, another representative told me that Nintendo canceled the order for “some reason.” I mentioned to him that I would just like new Joy-Cons sent to me instead of waiting for my son’s. He assured me that I would receive new ones, but other protocols have to be done first in order for that to happen. He said he would send an email to the higher ups to resolve the situation. He told me that I would receive an email from them within 2-3 days. I waited 4 days and no email.

That brings me to today, August 14, 2020. This is the straw that broke the camel’s back. I called to tell the customer service agent about the email I never received. She then put me on hold for 20 MINUTES to “research the situation.” When she came back on the phone, she told me “Now it’ll be 20 business days before I get the email.” Wait, what?! Where did 20 days come from!? She, in my opinion, had no clue as to what she was talking about. I regretfully hung up without asking to speak to someone else.

I decided to call back again to talk to a supervisor or manager. It upsets me that Nintendo has my son’s 3 sets of Joy-Cons (a $240 value!!) After waiting...I got another gentleman on the phone. I briefly told him about the situation and then asked to talk to a supervisor since I felt like I was getting nowhere. He pleasantly agreed to connect me. I waited on hold for 15 minutes. He popped on to say he was still waiting to connect me to a supervisor. All of a sudden I heard a click. I thought he had hung up on me! No, thankfully he didn’t. He DID however put my call back in to the regular phone cue that you first get when you call customer support. I waited again...this time for 36 minutes before hanging up. It is obvious that the agents who answer the phone are incapable of resolving issues. I am disappointed in Nintendo and their willingness to their customers. My son is 12 years old and has been a fan of Mario Bros since he was 3.

Original review: July 25, 2020

The switch is a great product and reintroduces shoulder to shoulder gaming in the house as well as the fun first party exclusive titles you can find only on Nintendo. The product feels solid, and works well but does have some issues. Mostly the controllers (at least on the first generation) seem to have wireless connection issues when obscured from line of site. This can cause issues with the placement in the home. The wireless reception can also be lacking so sometimes it will sit next to even older products and have issues connecting where the others do not. Overall I have used this for over a year and not had many issues aside those and have enjoyed it thoroughly.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Nintendo has turned off all support platforms in preventing to provide support of any kind to its consumers. If your product is having issues you're screwed. They won’t honor warranties. It's a bad business.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

My child's Nintendo Switch controller developed a fault 1 year and 1 day after it was given as a Christmas present. Nintendo Customer Service acknowledged that the product was faulty after undertaking approx 30 mins of diagnostics tests over the phone but then emailed me to confirm that this would not be repaired under warranty as that expired 1 year to the day after the date of purchase, not 1 year after it was first used.

Given that people buy Christmas/Birthday presents some time before they are actually used for the first time, you should be aware that Nintendo will refuse to repair any faulty products even within a few days of the gift being used for the first time and instead expect to charge for a repair (which in my case is more expensive than purchasing a replacement product brand new!). For anything to develop a fault 1 year and 1 day after it's used for the first time is appalling (especially when these consoles cost more than £300 to begin with!).

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I've been a Nintendo user since before I could form memories. Recently, my Switch suddenly stopped holding a charge. After online troubleshooting proved unsuccessful in solving my issue, I was informed by Nintendo I had to send the console in for repair. I followed, to the letter, all the steps for sending in a console for repair. I sent in my console with a 256GB MicroSD card inserted and AC adapter. I included, as instructed, an itemized list of my property that I was sending in for repair.

After it was repaired, I received the console and adapter back, but the MicroSD card had been removed from the console and was not included in the package they sent. I contacted Nintendo, spoke with 4 different representatives (including 2 supervisors), and after an hour on the phone all I got was, "We've looked into it and have no record of receiving an SD card, so there's nothing we can do for you." They were adamant that, because of the nature of their process, they couldn't possibly have made a mistake and lost my SD card. So now I have to purchase a new $55 MicroSD card, and despite being an 85 BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY, they didn't even offer a credit to use in their online store or anything to at least appease me. I'm very dissatisfied with the whole experience, and I hope I never need another console repaired so I'm not out more money in the future. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Trying to get a repair order and I have been on the phone talking to this guy who can’t understand or help me for 40 minutes. He cannot find my address (So easy. Never had a problem). 45 minutes later I get sent to a supervisor, wait another 20 then the same guy comes back on and says, “Hi can I get your name..." then he hangs up on me. Worst service ever.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Nintendo eshop game card. They're not helping at all. Says missing information, I gave them photocopy of my receipt and now I wasted $60 dollar game. Sony does a better job than Nintendo, they always have a code on back of gift cards. Nintendo need to get their act together and do something about it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Hello. Nintendo gift card is different, the codes kind of scratched off easily, some letter Z are grayed in the switch keyboard and for games on card, the receipt had codes on there which I throw it away in the garbage. I like how Sony does better job on gift cards, codes doesn't scratched off easily and no any problem.

Nintendo Company Information