4.2/5 (162 ratings)

About Nintendo

Nintendo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nintendo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nintendo?

Original review: June 25, 2022

Description of Complaint: Set up a repair on a Nintendo 3DS, shipped item to Nintendo with the UPS label they emailed us. Nintendo contacted us to let us know that they received “grey shorts” instead of the Nintendo 3ds, and they set up a claim through ups. UPS claimed no fault, and denied the claim, stating there is no proof we mailed a 3rd, and then Nintendo threw out the package, and UPS deleted the tracking number from their system. We would like to be reimbursed for our missing system.

Original review: June 24, 2022

The Council itself is great. But I would like something also like music apps and Netflix. And everyone is asking for a 1080P for handheld mode. You need to listen to your fans comments. The more you listen to their comments, the more money you make, the more entertainment will have and the more you can expand on your Nintendo Switch.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2022

DO NOT SEND YOUR JOYCON FOR REPAIR, THEY WILL STEAL THEM. We returned 2 sets of joy con controllers (4 total) for repair and they returned only one right side controller. After over a month of battling with CS to receive the other 3 joy con controllers, they told us we only sent them 1 controller for repair and they can't do anything for us. They have stolen 3 controllers and won't return them. We also used the repair center for another set of joy con controllers and a month later, one of them won't charge anymore. When calling them, they asked us to send it again. Which we did not since we were waiting on the other 3 controllers still not returned now lost forever. We now have 3 switches with no controllers for our kids to play with.

Original review: April 14, 2022

My Nintendo Switch needed a battery replacement and they did zero effort to fix it. Nintendo charges $100 to fix a battery when the battery itself is <$20. I sent in the Switch so they can replace the battery and instead, they replace the unit. This means I lost all my saved game data over the last 5 years. Not every Nintendo Switch game saves on the cloud, so I lost 60 hours of Pokemon Arceus (a game that just came out) in addition to everything else.

Why do they charge $100 to give no effort? It literally is just a battery replacement, a task that should be easy for any device. Nintendo does not believe in the Right to Repair and requires tools specific for Nintendo products so they can overcharge you. For the price, they should at least back up my game data because they know not every saved data can be uploaded to their paid online service. I do not recommend you get repairs from Nintendo because they don't care about your data and they literally give you minimum effort for high prices.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

In my opinion, I think the Super Mario 64 DS game is the best DS game to exist because it has an amazing plot, characters, and animation. The plot is intricate and challenging, while the characters are diverse, and the animation is extremely detailed compared to other games released in 2004. This game left a lasting impression on my and my sister and I made a lot of memories while playing that game so I hold it dear to my heart and important to me.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Our son bought an annual membership for the family with money he worked hard to get. When he brought the card home from the store, even though it was already 100% paid for, Nintendo would not let him use it unless he put a credit card in to set up auto renewal which we did NOT want. After you give Nintendo your credit card information and only after can you terminate the auto renewal. Since we did not want Nintendo to have our credit card information we were forced to cancel our card immediately after terminating the auto renewal.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I wish I never bought this console. My six year old absolutely loves it but unfortunately it breaks every 6 months and once broken it takes up to 5 weeks to get a repair. I have requested a replacement console on numerous occasions as the one I bought keeps having problems through no fault of our own. Takes ridiculously long for the repair process. Child is devastated and Nintendo do not care. Refuse to replace their faulty equipment and extremely frustrating to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I bought a new Nintendo Switch. Sadly, it stopped reading the SD card on the 2nd day we had it. I thought about just returning it, but the Nintendo Repair site said it would only take 5-10 business days. I sent it in to Nintendo as directed. It arrived on time. However, two week later, the Nintendo Repair site still lists it as "Due In". I spoke with a customer service rep who said they have it, but it is being processed and will be sent to a queue waiting to be seen by a repair technician. So much for 5-10 business days. Nintendo simply cannot provide an answer to when I will have it repaired and returned. They also just don't seem to care. Had I known this, I would have returned the switch to the buyer for my money back. I regret making this purchase.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Worst company warranty. Never buy these cheap company products. I bought Nintendo Switch 6 months ago and controller stop working. They ask to send repair center and it took 1 month to get back and still not fixed. I asked again to fix, it took again 1 month but they send back still in same condition. Very cheap stupid company that even can’t send new one or properly fix, even it’s under warranty. Wasted my kid vacation time.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Unfortunately my issue has yet to be resolved. It all began a few weeks ago when I needed to contact Nintendo regarding my son’s password issue. The person I spoke to, Daniel, was personable and helpful...that’s the good news. He fixed the password issue, no problem. I happened to mention that all 3 sets of my son’s Joy-Cons were defective (drifting) and that he was unable to use them. Daniel explained that I could send them all in for repair FOR FREE or, if they couldn’t be fixed, they would most likely be replaced at no charge. I was elated! Within the hour, I received an email containing the shipping label for the Joy-Cons. We packed them up and shipped them out a few days after initially calling Nintendo.

A few days later, I received an email stating that Nintendo received the Joy-Cons. A couple of days after that, I got another email stating that my items are being shipped back to me. I was impressed at how quickly this all happened. Little did I know how naive I was with this situation. Within the email contained a tracking number so that I could follow my delivery as it makes its way to my door. Waited one week...nothing. Checked the tracking and the package had not even left Nintendo. Week 2...same thing. Package had not left for its destination. Finally, on August 10, 2020 I checked tracking AGAIN and to my surprised it stated SHIPPING CANCELED.

I called Nintendo that day, waiting on hold for at least 10-15 minutes. The first man I spoke to told me that UPS never picked up the package. So I called UPS. They told me that Nintendo was the one who cancelled the order. UPS never touched it. I called Nintendo back...waiting on hold for 10-15 minutes. This time, another representative told me that Nintendo canceled the order for “some reason.” I mentioned to him that I would just like new Joy-Cons sent to me instead of waiting for my son’s. He assured me that I would receive new ones, but other protocols have to be done first in order for that to happen. He said he would send an email to the higher ups to resolve the situation. He told me that I would receive an email from them within 2-3 days. I waited 4 days and no email.

That brings me to today, August 14, 2020. This is the straw that broke the camel’s back. I called to tell the customer service agent about the email I never received. She then put me on hold for 20 MINUTES to “research the situation.” When she came back on the phone, she told me “Now it’ll be 20 business days before I get the email.” Wait, what?! Where did 20 days come from!? She, in my opinion, had no clue as to what she was talking about. I regretfully hung up without asking to speak to someone else.

I decided to call back again to talk to a supervisor or manager. It upsets me that Nintendo has my son’s 3 sets of Joy-Cons (a $240 value!!) After waiting...I got another gentleman on the phone. I briefly told him about the situation and then asked to talk to a supervisor since I felt like I was getting nowhere. He pleasantly agreed to connect me. I waited on hold for 15 minutes. He popped on to say he was still waiting to connect me to a supervisor. All of a sudden I heard a click. I thought he had hung up on me! No, thankfully he didn’t. He DID however put my call back in to the regular phone cue that you first get when you call customer support. I waited again...this time for 36 minutes before hanging up. It is obvious that the agents who answer the phone are incapable of resolving issues. I am disappointed in Nintendo and their willingness to their customers. My son is 12 years old and has been a fan of Mario Bros since he was 3.

Nintendo Company Information