2.65/5
Based on 37 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

42 Nintendo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The system has games for all ages making it a great family system. With the ability to have 4 plus players on some of the games. One of the things I really enjoy is the fitness games that allow multiple players. The kids get their exercise and we all have a lot of fun at the same time. I think this system really does offer a whole family entertainment package. I cannot wait to see what they do next with all the VR and AI technology that is starting to arise.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

This player is very limited to whatever is available in the market which, right now, is practically empty. The games we do have are okay/fun but the setup on this player takes a lot longer than anticipated but, we do NOT have a separate area where we can leave this hooked up and ready to play, all the time. Plus, there is so much more in television programming that most of the time there is little time to play games. The Wii game is, disappointing because of the additional funds extra games would cost to make our Wii remotely interesting! It wasn't the best purchase we've made, but then, we've made a couple poor decisions in purchases with this definitely being one of them! If possible, we'd sell this (if there was a market for this game) but it will most likely continue gathering dust on the shelves.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We have a Wii game system and, the games we have are good family games. We also bought the Just Dance games and, my family have so much fun trying to follow the dancers on the screen. This game system to me is the most fun because, they bring the family together and, the way this world is today we need more family time. I love my Wii and, thank this company for bringing people back home again.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Great for kids. Games are rated and parents can limit the child on what they play. Also, some games get them up and moving as well. Parents and children can play together or not. Games can be purchased used or new.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I currently own the Nintendo switch, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 and the Nintendo switch is my go-to gaming system. The fact I can play it to my television or take it on the go has been, by far, the greatest aspect. I travel for work and it goes everywhere with me with ease. They are coming out with more games and there are now plenty of options out there so everybody has something they will like with the Nintendo switch system. 5 stars all the way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nintendo?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The system is entertaining for the entire family. Games can be purchased for all levels of fun. Myself and kids have a variety of games from workouts to kids game to games my husband enjoys. The ratings are also quite helpful when purchasing for our kids.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Nintendo Wii is a good gaming console. It's outdated but you can still have a lot of fun. Especially Mario kart or Kirby or challenge yourself with Lego Batman, it's so much fun when you can get off the daily cellphone grind and just have fun on Nintendo.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I love playing video games. I enjoy each one like a book and tells a great story that I determine the conclusion longer the game and more battling is fun I gets to challenge more people and if it has a good storyline.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

The Nintendo switch system is great for the average gamer who just wants to play their triple-A games on the go. The hybrid console does have its cons however it can be less on the power side and games often have a hard time keeping up with the system for those power heavy games like Doom. But overall it is a great system.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Overall great systems & decent game selection. I would love to see more multi-player and/Or family-oriented games that would attract all generations. I'm not into first-person shooters and the rest of my family is not into farming or crossing animals.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

The Nintendo classic is a wonderful throwback to 1980s gaming with today’s tech advances. Preloaded with some of the best games of the era, the only improvement would be the ability to add more and longer controller cords.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I've been playing all games Nintendo, the Switch is the best... Nintendo at this point outdid themselves... versatile, just perfect for me. The console is durable, light, comfortable to handle. Can choose differ colors for chucks. It is kinda high on cost but worth it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I placed an order for NES Switch controllers through the Nintendo Europe on the 26th of December, they were shipped on the 28th of December, and were due to arrive on the 2nd of January. I still have not received them. I have on numerous occasions contacted Nintendo's customer support team for help on this matter, they took my order details, and contact details, but as yet I have received no email responses from them. One such customer service representative advised that I should contact DHL about my package - in my opinion something they should have done for me as part of their customer service. But thankfully DHL were of great help - they informed me that, due to a missing "dangerous goods" label (required because of the lithium batteries in the controller) the package was returned to Nintendo.

I am still waiting for Nintendo to email me with an update, or to let me know when I should expect the controllers I have paid for. Their customer support has been frustrating. There seems to be little coordination between the different departments. All in all this has been a disastrous experience. As a long time Nintendo fan (I still have my original NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, etc. systems) I am so disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I ordered a Nintendo Switch/Smash Brothers (paid in full) in November on Cyber Monday for Christmas and was supposed to receive it by December 12th. I was tracking the gift and a package arrived on December 22nd. Inside the tiny package (too small for a Nintendo Switch) was a cheap $5.00 hand spinner. Nintendo refuses to issue a refund until I ship it back to China and pay more for shipping than the item is worth. They sent me the wrong item at my own expense. I question the validity of the website, nintendo.com. Customer service is poor and I feel like it is pure fraud or they would make it right with PayPal, today. I question whether or not I will be refunded my $329.99.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Worst console ever purchased. It only lasted 4 months. It's not charging. Left joy con is not responding. I sent it for repair and they say I have to pay $99.00 to get it repaired, since, according to them, internal pins were damaged, never mentioned the joy con problem.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We are now on our 2nd Nintendo Switch console, the first exchanged with GAME as the unit had faulty joypads. In September I raised a repair notice on another joypad failure, the unit itself has had only light use. 2 months on and still not back from them. Lost contact, had to chase through their CS. Return labels not sent, classed as lost. Lost proof of purchase, issued again. Only respond to emails, do not contact you to update, reactive not proactive. We won't be buying Nintendo products for the kids from now on, stick with PS or Xbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I suffered from Nintendo sending products that I ordered to the wrong address back in 2014. I printed the receipts to pdf's for two separate orders at the time of checkout. I had ordered hardware from them before, but I had just moved. I typed the correct address in the delivery field, but kept my old address in the billing field. Their system delivered my items to my billing address. Nintendo apologized then blamed the mail carrier. The mail carrier blamed Nintendo and confirmed that it was Nintendo's label that was incorrect. I contacted Nintendo via phone three times, via twitter once and email once. They refused to refund my order or to send a new order to the correct address. I included screenshots and pdf copies of the receipts. I walked to the old address and the inhabitants lied and stated that they hadn't received any packages. Nintendo has refused to make this right in any way. They've effectively ripped me off for $64.62.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The Nintendo warranty department is a joke!! I sent my son's Joy Con to be covered under warranty and I get a letter in the mail stating there is a scratch on the Joy Con. There is not a mark on it, not a scratch, not a chunk, nothing!!! I asked to see where the damage was and they can't prove that. I will never purchase another Nintendo product and what's sad I have 5 right now. Customer service is a damn joke at this company!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

When I had played Soul Silver, the game itself was very slow on the gameplay speed and the Nintendo DS ROM had easily crashed. I would like this Nintendo DS game along with Dialga/Palkia to be remaked onto a 3D or 4K System with NVIDIA GTX 1070 GPU, Please. Persistently Begging. I Would Be Persistently Waiting For The Game Remake Release. I would appreciate it. Thank You.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I purchased Wii points so that I could download a Virtual Console game from the Wii Shop. I was trying to download an old Mario game that I used to own, and accidentally downloaded the wrong version. I contacted Customer Support hoping that I could return the game and exchange it for the correct product, but they wouldn't even consider it. They simply said they do not allow returns and quoted something about Terms of Service. What kind of company cares SO LITTLE about customer service that they won't do something as simple as exchanging a digital download at no monetary loss to themselves? I don't have a lot of disposable income and was biting my nails about spending the money to begin with, so this was quite a blow to morale and a huge disappointment in the Nintendo company. I've always liked their games but I guess they really just don't give a flying fig about the people that support them and made them what they are today.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I am absolutely astonished and disgusted by Nintendo's clever way of keeping my credit in their eshop. I bought a Nintendo switch which I was completely dissatisfied with. For me it was a really bad choice. It came with NO games whatsoever - nothing and I had to sign up and put credit in an account to buy any games to even start it and see if I liked it. So I had to commit extra money before knowing if I liked it. Having signed up and put credit in the account in order to try it I decided it was not what I wanted so I asked for my remaining unused credit back - it is just sitting there, I haven't bought anything with it and I have been told by phone and email that I cannot have the credit back.

I have returned the switch and got my money back for that but not the credit from the eshop. Before you sign up It says you have 14 days to cancel the contract but because of clever legal wording I have been told I can't get my credit back. The website is terrible and I cannot find any way of seeing many details about my account. It's like my money has been sucked into a monster and it let out a burp! I can't even spend it on other Nintendo products from the UK Nintendo shop. I am appalled. Thanks for listening.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

The reason I am reviewing is for their poor customer service policy and faulty system. As a lifelong Nintendo customer I purchase a Nintendo Switch the day it comes out only to receive a system with a huge dead pixel in the center of the screen. I send this system for repair which takes two weeks. My next system will not connect with the Joy-Cons nor will it stay connected online. I send the second system for repair and receive a third system that starts to overheat and smoke while on a plane burning the system housing and was hot to the touch for the remainder of the flight. Customer service tries to get me to send the system in from another country and asks me to troubleshoot the system with its dock while I am at an airport. Two weeks later I send the system in and pester the company to send me a completely new system. Which they claimed they did.

I received the supposed completely new unit... However I was told to keep the original accessories. While en route out of the country again the fourth unit goes completely dead before the second leg of an 22 hour flight. I call from the connecting airport only to be told that they cannot set up a repair because they need me to troubleshoot it with the dock. I do not travel with the dock so they tell me to call when I get back. Meanwhile I am traveling in another country again with a completely useless and dead piece of hardware. After demanding my money back the only thing I got was another repair. I was looking to get a whole new system after this fourth incident. All I got back a system that was dirty, has scratches on the screen and a bunch of error codes when I try to download a few games I had already purchased from their e-shop. Once again I call customer service.

That call lead to me trying to get a picture of the screen with no reflection which is impossible. They wanted to set up another repair and asked me to call the makers of the games that would not download to see if they would issue me a refund. I feel it is unacceptable to have the issues that I had especially a unit that was smoking and hot to the touch on an airplane. They keep sending me manufactured refurbished units with all kinds of issues. I asked for a name of a person to write to and was only given a generic address.

I have spent hours on the phone trying to have them get things right by replacing all of my components and a new system so that I do not have to keep going through the repair process. Every time I send a system in it costs me money to buy a new screen protectors and wasted time troubleshooting the same issues that should have been fixed the first time. Not to mention the number of emails with the wrong shipping information that at times came in Japanese. I have never dealt with a company that cannot repair their own product correctly and take something like an smoking product on a airplane lightly. Last two units serial numbers were: XAW10000777987 and XAW10023365796.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My name is Rudolfo ** father of 4 and Nintendo hardcore/first adapter customer... I have a nightmare story that consists of issues that at no way are my fault or my family’s fault that lead to Nintendo dropping the ball and ignoring me for years. It all started when the Wii U came out. I already had a Wii, and about 500-750 in digital content I transferred over to my new Wii U. Did the transfer when it first became available. Transferred everything. Went fine. First day sold. I traded in my system in order to get a good special trade in offer value like extra 50% value if I used the credit on Wii U games in store credit so naturally I did it.

Now the following day I turn on the new Wii U which was 1 of 3. I own 2 for my children. My system would not load any games or play them so I was forced by your customer service to reformat and redownload my games which solved every issue but I lost the Wii games. So I ran back to GameStop because in Florida they have to hold trade ins for 30 days. They sold my system the very next day. I was screwed. I printed out all my receipt and all of my paper receipts I save from when I purchased anything for any tech I use so that I can use later for warranty.

At the time Wii came out I was a manager for GameStop in NYC the Bronx, but moved to Tampa Florida after having kids so by the time Wii U came out I needed more than one. So I tried everything to recover my system with GameStop pulled every string I could to no avail. So I contacted Nintendo explained everything and you offered me 1 game. I said, “No thank you” and we went back and forth for a month and I gave up.

A few weeks later the same thing happened to someone else but he went to news media Kotaku and they wrote a story and Nintendo gave him all his paid for content. I called back and was laughed at. I felt so hurt that I lied to myself and said nothing could be done so I let it go. 1 year and 1 day after the Wii U came out I had my next issue. Basically the kids were playing my Wii U and the pad stopped working on the touch screen. I called in and because it was one day past the warranty Nintendo refused to fix it and forced me to buy a new gamepad for 179.00 or something close to that and the system is useless without the game pad so I had no choice and I mentioned how they screwed me on my content. They didn't care. They didn't help. Also got burned with buying 3 3ds systems the day they came out for 299.99 plus tax each plus games covers and random accessories which were all my choice.

I was ok spending the money. What I wasn't ok with is the 50.00 price cut that came immediately after I paid the higher price... and all I got was the ambassador program. At least Nintendo knew they screwed everyone mispricing the units but I was burnt. Again. Now before switch came out all three Wii U batteries in the game pads died after an hour. I had a friend swap one that had and old broken unit and I was forced to purchase new ones for 40.00 each just to keep it running which means in the future after Nintendo stops servicing the Wii U these systems would be useless. So again customers putting money out for obsolete tech. My bad as a customer for allowing it. I should have spoke with my money but I love Nintendo. I feel it’s the safest children friendly system and responsible parent would want for their children.

So new comes of the switch we followed it as it was called the NX and when the system because now as switch as was available for pre order I order 7 and 7 of pro controllers when that became available which was a nightmare to get 7. I spent over 3000.00. I worked extra days from November till March every week to earn that money because I needed 7 Zelda games. I mean for a large family it’s so hard to be fair to everyone plus my wife and I wanted one so we had to all sacrifice in order to get what we wanted. These system were build in Foxconn in China well known for child labor abuse and under paying the workers and forcing them to work 12 hour shifts with no breaks.

Nintendo Sony Apple everyone but Microsoft uses Foxconn and their practices are against humanity to the point the switch was built and Nintendo or Foxconn weren't smart enough to at least put proper tools in place so that these children/workers wouldn't over torque the screws and make stress fractures in the casing. So it goes like this. We didn't know to check the cases. When we got them we put screen protector from day one saving the console from the dock scratching which again design flaws Nintendo didn't care enough to fix or offer a free solution for. Fine we accept it. We have no choice just buy more stuff to protect it. Just makes getting a switch and everything you need even more expensive then the Xbox one $499.00 at least that's 4k. Switch can barely do 1080p but ok back to the issue.

The first time I had a problem with my switch I updated to the 3.0 update and after it was done the system now did what is known as a paralitical battery drain basically it charges up all the way then immediately drains to 1% but stays on for 20 minutes or so then blacks out takes forever to recharge so I call Nintendo. They tell me they never hear of an issue like that before and to send it in. I refused. I knew it was the update and I did not want to lose my game saves so I didn't use it for like 3 months and when I had time I updated it and it worked again.

Everything was ok until my son tell me he has blisters on his thumb from his switch. I thought my son was crazy or lying so I switch my Joy-Con with his and I ended up with a blister while playing Mario Kart 8. The reason why the joystick part had two bumps on the inside of the rubber and it would rub the wrong way as you play causing a blister then I was about to put tempered glass on my unit when I noticed the crack at the power button so I went online and researched the issue and seen it was known issue from day one and it was a manufacture’s defect caused by Foxconn worker mostly children over torqueing the screws.

I called in for a repair for both pieces and the customer service rep promised me outright I would not lose my game saves and everything would be overnighted. I had to pay 10.70 which was fine and the 2 day back ok I get an email from Nintendo to please call the supervisor line and I did and they said, “We are sorry that we told you we can save your data. There a good chance that you will lose it all”. I had a really long game save for Zelda and I read how they deleted other customers who spent 250 plus hours playing the game and I got so scared I went out and bought another system but couldn't transfer anything to the sd card and they didn't have a way to ensure it also so again I'm about to get screwed so I then tell them how they apparently are out of touch with their customer base and reality.

There was nothing I can do. This is a billion dollar company that has no respect for me as a customer that spent thousands and tens of thousands of dollars on Nintendo products since I was born. ** I own 28 of 36 game and watch systems I have every system but the Wii and almost full game collections. I love Nintendo but they don't love me or my family but they love my money.

Right ok I gave up because they tried to bribe me with a free copy of Mario Odyssey even will to give me a code early to play before it came out. I refuse because of the 700.00 they robbed me from my digital content from the Wii to Wii U transfer that failed on top of the fact I had 7 preordered and paid for already. Its’ not like they offered one for everyone in the family it’s not like they offered me my content back so I said no. My principles won’t allow me to be bought for 65.00 when they robbed me of 700 plus and I eventually like a fool repurchased it all on Wii U just to get messed over on the switch because none of that content is good now so I let go to see what ends up happening.

I asked if there was anything to be done and they said no but they pass on my message up the games saves being able to be transferred to sd cards or if they had cloud saving all of this would have been a non issue for me and I wouldn't have these negative old feelings again. The first kicker is that Nintendo showed their true colors by helping the other guy who had went to Kotaku but ignored me and it happened to me first. I let it go until yesterday they released an update 4.0 that allows transfers of profiles and game saves to another system which I had but they lied and hid the fact this was coming. I could have literally solved this on my own then sent in the system but they lied and said nothing. I called back today and the best they could say was that they absolutely didn't know until 2 hours before it launched. I can’t prove what’s true or not but I feel burned this isn't right at all.

I guess going forward I have to speak with my wallet and after Mario I will not purchase any Nintendo products until this is all addressed. I did get a voice message that they are send me my unit back but the stress they put me through caused me such stress that I have had chest pains all day because of a game system. I never yelled cursed or disrespected anyone. I was nice. I even told the reps it’s not their fault and I'm embarrassed to even had to call but I felt abused by the company and its policies. I am here in hopes that others will speak up. This company lost its ways many years ago and sadly they take it out on customers in the worse way. I paid for all my content. They admitted it.

I recorded all the phone calls with them admitting that they misinformed me and made mistakes all the way from 2012 to now on my phone and I'm not asking for anything but for them to look into it and not ignore my concerns any further. I have no way of doing anything to get my content back but they could at least apologize and acknowledge the fact they messed up and dropped the ball. They outright lied to me over and over. I own an air conditioning company in Florida. If I treated my customer how Nintendo treated me I’d be in jail under the jail because I am literally regulated from federal level down to the county level.

It’s unfair the practices Nintendo puts into play and then they make their own rules up as they go then break them at their will. Well I'm going to reach out to everyone I can till my story is heard. I'm sorry for spelling errors. I wrote this quick and upset... I'm not home but if pictures or videos or receipts are needed for you to do something please email me and I’ll send everything I have. Rudolfo ** the saddest Nintendo customer...

Original review: June 16, 2017

Had an issue with the speaker on my switch and left joy con (that one is common). I mistakenly left a game cartridge in the system when I mailed it and didn't realize it until that evening. They explicitly told me to remove any game and other accessories so I figured the game would be gone. To my surprise, in the returned box, there was a plastic mailing bag taped to the inside of the top with my game cartridge in it. It was very nice to see the repair place go out of the way to return it to me. The phone line operators of Nintendo support were fantastic and quick to help make the repair order simple and quick.

Original review: March 16, 2017

We sent my sister's 3DS to Nintendo to be repaired. After the long and detailed list of demands they sent in order to ensure that it was properly repaired, the 3DS was sent to Nintendo and promptly sent back saying that it could not be repaired because it had been "tampered" with and the only option was to buy a new one. For the record, nothing had been done to the DS other than packaged and sent. If you need anything repaired I would recommend going to https://www.xcubicle.com/ for all of your needs. They professional, timely, and much cheaper than anything you can get from Nintendo.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

My young child wanted a "gaming system" for Christmas. Initially he wanted a Playstation, but because of his age, we steered him towards the smaller Nintendo DS system. Santa... provided a Nintendo DS XL, but it apparently doesn't include the required power supply. We had to have a discussion on how Santa's magic is so powerful it can replicate a Nintendo DS XL, but fail to provide the required power supply.

Christmas morning, we found the tiny fine print that says it wasn't included. I sent a suggestion to Nintendo via their website's email contact form that proposed including some supplement info in the fine print directing parents on how to explain to children that Santa doesn't provide power supplies on Nintendo products, but does on every-other-item-in-the-world. "Why does my sister's blah, blah, blah have a power supply, but my DS doesn't?" "Good question son, we don't have an answer for that. But smile, we love you. Play with your new pants and pj's that mommy and daddy got you."

In search for explanation across the web, all I see is that the Nintendo says the power supply is the same as their previous generations of DS units. I guess assuming that everyone should have one of those already? Is Nintendo such a dying company that they think only previous but fairly recent Nintendo owners will be buying the next generation? Or maybe I guess we forgot our power supply at the hospital a few years ago when we birthed our first son because we haven't had a Nintendo in 20-25 years. I assume they must issue them with each child that is born? Did we just miss ours as we left the hospital? It's very confusing. Future gaming systems that we purchase will never be Nintendo.

Resolution response: Jan. 20, 2017

Just keep in mind that the ESRB rating has already been labeled Child Age.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

Animal Crossing Series. There's too much talking animals within the game, that it really gets annoying. I would like to rate this game 5+ ESRB Rating on the label of the game. This game should be only recommended for children between ages 5 and 11.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

After being a lifelong diehard Nintendo fan for the last almost thirty years, I regretfully have decided I won't be buying another Nintendo console until they address the countless issues facing their company over the last few years. I have owned every major console Nintendo has put out, have always had perfect experiences and the consoles themselves have maintained playability and reliability for years, almost never having issues. Most are still useable today. However, this has changed with the WiiU. I've never had a more dissatisfactory experience with ANY electronic product I've ever bought. Ever. I bought my console brand new, it was not a refurbished console, nor was it one of the first released consoles that hadn't had its kinks worked out. I bought it several years after the initial launch of the WiiU, specifically because I was so wary after reading other reviews, which I know realize are correct. The console is a failure.

The graphics are slightly updated. That is the only improvement in comparison to the original (and worthwhile) Wii. Other than that, the console freezes CONSTANTLY and has to be manually shut down, has CONSTANT issues staying connected to the Internet (Nintendo will claim the issue is with your router despite being aware of thousands of complaints about the same issue. It is not our routers. The issue is within the WiiU). The gamepad functionality is tenuous at best. Many times I find I have to "mash" buttons multiple times to get the character to actually execute a command. Games like Twilight Princess you are forced to use the gamepad or the XBox ripoff controller to play and are not allowed to use the Wii Remote (which makes certain games far more engaging and the control is just better overall) anymore. The only actual new game they've released for the WiiU that I am even interested in is Hyrule Warriors.

The older Zelda titles are just rehashed and the experience isn't improved (they were already perfect, altering things did nothing), in fact TP and WW now have small issues that make the gameplay a bit annoying, such as the mechanics for Epona which were supposedly corrected but in fact just made worse. And of course, it's certainly not worth the $400 price tag (which has never dropped or fluctuated after years, when Sony and Microsoft both dropped prices on their respective consoles, both of which are far more powerful machines and more popular in the gaming world because of exactly that) after years of being on the market and Nintendo never fixing the countless issues with the WiiU they know are there even in the face of potential company failure.

When I have to get up to walk over and restart the machine four or five times over the course of a day that I am using it intermittently, it just makes the entire purchase worthless. More of an aggravation than anything. And when Nintendo basically comes out and says they don't care about the customer's opinion and refuse to change things for the better even to save their own skin, it shows they don't give a ** about much of anything.

No one is demanding call of duty style gaming on Nintendo but what we do want is an experience worth the $400 price tag (plus $50-60 a game of course, but that is standard as all gamers know) tacked onto the console. The WiiU is the worst mistake Nintendo has ever made. If the NX doesn't blow every console they've ever released out of the water (and from what I've read so far, there is little difference once again between this generation and the next console) then Nintendo will most likely be teetering on the edge of collapse in a short time. The only reason why I even touch this abomination is for Zelda. And the longer I use this horrid console the more I dislike Nintendo.

Original review: July 1, 2016

In the last year my son's brand new New Nintendo 3DS XL has stopped working. The first time I sent it for repair Nintendo said it was my son's fault. I had it repaired for the amount of around $100. I am not sure what the issue was so I didn't feel I could dispute it. Last week it just would not turn on so as it was supposedly under warranty I again sent it in. Today I got an e-mail saying it was not a manufacturing defect, that it had "spillage". I know for a fact nothing and I mean nothing was ever spilled on it. My son took excellent care of the system. So once again I am on the hook for $100 repair. I am disgusted especially since Nintendo boasts the best warranty in the business. Really? Searching the internet I found so many incidents of "the black screen of death". So now I have paid double for the system and who knows? Will it work in a month or two? I tend to doubt it.

Original review: June 8, 2016

I used to have a Wii Console years before and I really enjoyed playing the different games that are available to Wii. The best part about wii is that you will be moving while playing. Unlike other game consoles, Wii lets you get up and sweat. This is healthy for kids and adults because you get to have your exercise while playing at the same time. I just got busy with work so I had no time to upgrade it to the latest version so that I can buy and play the newest games available.

Recently, we were in Japan and my husband was intending to buy the new 3DS there but we were faced with bad luck because all the 3DS available in Osaka are all in Japanese. They don't have the English version. My husband was definitely saddened by it but once we got home, we went to the nearest mall and purchased one. It could've been cheaper when you buy it in Japan but what's the use of it when you can't play it because all the instructions/settings are in Japanese? But going back to the new 3DS, it is absolutely an enjoyable gadget to have. The 3d effect is so cool. It may take a bit of time to get used to it but once you've played enough, you will definitely get the hang of it. My husband and I splurged on the games and bought a handful because we really liked playing with the 3DS. The only thing is, the games are quite expensive and I hope will cost lower in time.

Nintendo Company Information