USAA Banking

USAA Banking

San Antonio, TX

3.8/5 (491 ratings)

About USAA Banking

USAA sells auto and property insurance to members of the U.S. military. The company has auto coverage options for all active and retired military personnel and their immediate family members. It offers several coverage and discount options for drivers, as well as their vehicles and passengers.

Pros

• No minimum balance requirements
  • More than 60,000 USAA-preferred ATMs
  • Competitive APY

Cons

• Strict eligibility requirements
  • Few branch locations

Bottom Line

USAA is one of the few banks that doesn’t charge monthly service fees for checking and savings accounts. If you’re eligible for an account, you can get access to competitive APY rates.

USAA Banking Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA Banking?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

Original review: July 26, 2021

I ordered a teller's check for my monthly rent. USAA withdrew the money but lost the check and never were able to deliver me. After calling multiple times I got very inconsistent information on how to recover the money. Turns out there is a 3 month wait period. After the 3 months I had to fill out a set of forms and call multiple times with long wait, but they told me if I uploaded the form online it would work. After weeks of nothing I had to call again, and a new person told me I actually had to mail the form and the former person told me incorrectly. After another week they give me a call saying they printed the wrong check number on the form, so I have to repeat the process. Terrible experience, customer service reps are not knowledgeable on USAA policies and give me conflicting information, all as I am trying to resolve a check that USAA themselves lost. Will be switching to a better bank.

Original review: June 28, 2021

USAA is requiring members to divulge personal, private information prior to logging in to access my bank accounts. The website is asking questions such as "what is your net worth?" and "what is your annual income?" and other information that is private. I am not applying for a loan or requesting any additional accounts- I am merely trying to access my current accounts and the money I've invested with USAA. If you don't answer these personal questions, the website threatens to restrict access to your accounts. I do not wish to answer personal questions or give out private information to my bank so that I can access my money.

I tried calling customer service multiple times to explain that I do not wish to provide an answer and to speak with a supervisor, but I am being denied and told I must give them my personal information to continue accessing my bank accounts. I've been a member with USAA for 20 years, and I have never been more upset and disappointed with their service.

Original review: June 14, 2021

USAA is a full service bank that really takes care of its customers. If not able to take care of any issues online, USAA has customer service that is always polite and helpful. The website is easy to use.

Original review: June 4, 2021

My husband I have been members since the 70’s. The insurance side has been great, the banking side not so. I have. This is just one of many crazy issues I have had with this bank. I placed a $20.00 some old order with Zazzle. It was denied. I am sure USAA saw this as a fraudulent charge. I immediately called USAA and am on 53 minutes on hold. This happens every time I have to call. I messaged them, via FB Messenger and got some canned response about how sorry they are. I am now changing banks. If you try to call them out on social media they have their setting to most relevant which means only favorable reviews. They used to be a great company. Now I am changing banks and insurance because they aren’t so great anymore. I am now on hold for 56 minutes.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I have been a USAA member for 39 years. My mother passed in January and as a result all family members are leaving USAA Federal Savings Bank, that is over 15 families. It has been impossible to access her accounts that were Payable upon death, pay her 2020 income taxes and access her mutual funds, Victory Capital. I strongly suggest leaving if you care for the survivors of your estate and don't want the huge obstacle of USAA Bank in your way.... absolutely no customer service and each "representative" gives you a very different story- so so sad. Once was a great company but those days are over! It has been a nightmare- 6 months later, we still have no access to file for her income tax in 2020 because they want to charge for every document requested- at least over 500.00 dollars. It took 5 months to get access any of her money that her family was designated by her to have access.

Original review: June 3, 2021

All banking is online with USAA...but it is one stop shopping.... insurance, checking, savings, CDs etc...Always someone to speak with if needed...Husband has been a customer since 1970's...Love it..So organized

Original review: June 2, 2021

USAA Federal Savings Bank: available to Military, former Military and families - provides checking/ savings/ Home Equity line of credit. Website easy to use and secure - available online and via mobile app. I use them for bill paying - both scheduled automatically and can add one as necessary. Paper checks are also available. Finally, their debit card will reimburse fees (up to 4 or 5 per month). Excellent customer service via phone or message.

Original review: June 1, 2021

As a Veteran my bank USAA has gone above & beyond to attend to my banking needs regardless of situation and hour. They offer comprehensive assistance in all matters of my finances. I have checking, savings & insurance which is $110 monthly. I am considering rental insurance as well as it will lower my insurance even more.. Can't beat that.. Bravo Zulu USAA.

Original review: May 31, 2021

You Always have physical contact to Bank representatives by telephone or chat- timely response to questions and concerns- online website is secure and easy to use - auto and property insurance within same establishment a big plus!

Original review: May 30, 2021

USAA has never let me down. Whenever I call them for any of the services they provide me, whether it be banking, auto/renters insurance, credit card, etc, they always have an answer to my questions. I always receive the best service from USAA representatives. They're very knowledgeable, fast and efficient, thorough, and polite. I never hesitate to pick up the phone to call USAA for assistance, because I know it will be a pleasant experience regardless of the reason I'm calling. I'll think twice before I call any other service provider, but not USAA. Professional and courteous service is something that they are not short on. I'm glad I served in the US Navy, which affords me the benefit of full access to USAA's services...not just their great banking!

Original review: April 19, 2021

Tried to lock into the USAA account only to find out that the account was locked. Called USAA, entered the USAA # only to find out 'not a member'! Called again and used SSN - same deal - not a member!! This happens ever 2 -3 months! So I have to call tomorrow morning when I can reach a live person, go thru the authentication to see if I can get this resolved!!! We have been USAA members since 1978!!!

Original review: April 14, 2021

USAA maybe the best insurance, but not for customer service. You have to go thru 3 or 4 people before you get the right person. Billing put a note on their website my car ins was being cancelled for nonpayment. They take it right out of my account.

Original review: April 13, 2021

USAA USED to be an outstanding company but they lost their way long ago. I've been a member for 40 years. That ends now. I have filed so many complaints with USAA that when I got a phone call from the CEO's office, they asked me to call back. When I did, they asked me why I was calling...what was my issue. I wasn't certain because I'd filed so many complaints. They never figured out why they called me. That's just ONE indicator of why USAA is no longer an outstanding company.

My latest complaint is that in Sep 2020, we bought an item via the internet using our USAA credit card. After many back and forth emails with the company and not getting the item we ordered, I asked for my money back and waited a couple weeks for it. No luck. I filed a complaint with USAA. Their online complaint system is inadequate. It should tell you precisely what they need from you. I gave them what I thought they wanted.

Several weeks later they sent a notice to me that they needed more and told me what they needed (why didn't they just list that in their online application???). We had recently moved and apparently I didn't update my mailing address with them quickly enough and they sent it to an old address. I didn't get that notice for about a month. By then they closed the complaint because I didn't respond. I called and got it reopened. I talked to customer service and they said to email them the documents and they’d get them to the right person. I did. They indicated it could take several months to investigate.

About a month ago I realized I’d not heard from USAA. Again I contacted customer service. They apologized all over the place because apparently the dispute team hadn’t done anything... My complaint must have fallen through the cracks. They sent a rush notice for them to get right on it. About 10 days later I got a notice that my dispute was rejected since I didn’t provide any new information.

I called customer service again. This time we concluded that what I sent in Nov never got posted and no one bothered to tell me. USAA’s incompetence once again has struck. I sent ALL the documents they required. Today I got a letter from USAA that says, “We’ve completed our investigation of the dispute, and based on the information provided, we’ve determined a billing error did not occur. By the time the required information was received, the dispute was beyond max VISA processing time limits. As such USAA has no further recourse with the merchant.” Now that’s just bogus. They could have at LEAST been honest and said something like, “It appears that a billing error occurred but due to the time involved we cannot resolve this.” I wouldn’t like that anymore but at least it would have been honest. It’s CLEAR an error occurred... I used a USAA credit card and charged $308 and got nothing for it.

This is the last nail in USAA’s coffin. I’ve tolerated their myriad of incompetencies over the years and have made NUMEROUS suggestions to them on ways they could improve their service. Everything falls on deaf ears. Now it is going to become my primary goal to besmirch USAA on every outlet I can find on the internet. I will also close my last account with them (used to have 5) and take my business elsewhere. P.S. When we moved to TX 10 months ago I researched insurance companies. Of the 5 companies I checked, USAA was the highest for auto and also highest for homeowners. I got BOTH through another company for less than what USAA wanted just for homeowners.

Original review: April 1, 2021

USAA is not the advantage it used to be, but more importantly is you’re no longer a person there. You’ll now find that without a digital verification they will not talk to whoever has your phone, they will talk to anyone that has your phone and verifies talking from the phone that was yours, but it lost or stolen, the new owner is verified as you. Likewise, the backup verification is your credit card, which if stolen with the phone, then you’re absolutely no longer a person, as the device or card has more identity than you as a person does. Enjoy having been mugged, or ripped off, and losing the security that your bank used to give you facing adversity around the world; sadly, that doesn’t exist anymore.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I have been using USAA Federal Savings Bank for many years. At first it was great - no minimum balance for free checking; ATM rebates. However, their service has deteriorated markedly. There is no way to email USAA Savings Bank. They have a poor chat interface. And if you are unlucky enough to need to call them, good luck.

I tried to contact the bank last week after they emailed me, stating that my USAA credit card had been used on someone's Apple Pay. I started off by calling them - once I got thru their recordings, I was told that the wait would be 2 hours and 20 minutes to talk to a representative. You have got to be kidding me - I would not wait that long on the phone to talk to the Pope!

Next I tried their chat feature. They were authorized to do nothing! The representative told me I would need to call. So I tried calling a different number. This time they offered a feature in which they would call me back when my turn came up. No call! Not sure what happened to this bank in the last few years, but I would not recommend them now to my worst enemy.

Original review: March 6, 2021

A couple weeks age my checking account was used for unauthorized transactions Some of which USAA was able to stop. However two transactions appear to not have stopped. USAA has shown little interest in investigating a transaction involving a $6,200 payment to a what appears to be a charge account at Chase Bank. The personnel at USAA are the only parties that can provide enough information to trace this transaction and have Chase reverse the transaction and return the funds to my USAA checking account. USAA has shown only minor interest in dealing with this problem. In addition there was a cashier's type check issued to a party in Florida which has received little to no attention.

Now USAA decided to close my checking account although I have been a member for 56 years and I am 81 years old. First they froze the account for 60 days then they will close it after this period has elapsed. This hardly seems right for a person who has been with USAA for all of this time and is of an advanced age. Something needs to be done about these unreasonable arbitrary decisions.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

USAA has gone way down hill! I encourage all of my friends to take a look at the decline in service from USAA, banking and or insurance, and to find a new company to give your business to. I have been a member and customer of USAA since I was 16 when I started to drive for their insurance and since I enlisted in the Army in 1993 for all of our banking needs and their customer service has gone from one of the best to one of the worst. We refinanced our vehicle over a year ago (Jan 20) and we thought everything was going fine. We were making our payments and had not heard that anything was wrong. It wasn't until our vehicle was totaled in July that we found at that USAA was not doing their job.

When Geico (yes we had already started to move some of the services) attempted to payoff the vehicle, USSA then informed us that they actually did not have the title as yet. WHAT you might say? Over 6 months and they did not let us know that they still did not have the title. Over the next six months I have had numerous calls every month working to resolve this issue. Finally, in January 2021 Geico was finally able to pay USAA the amount determined when the Vehicle was totaled. Now here is the fun part - USAA is charging me interest for the last 6 months. Months in which I did not have the vehicle and for all of that time they wasted.

USAA has grown too big and forgotten that they are supposed to be providing customer service. We are taking all of our business away from USAA. I would encourage each of you to measure the customer service and compare how a company should treat you. USAA is not operating with the interest of Veterans in mind or in keeping with the trust that they have been shown with my business for over 37 years. GOOD BYE USAA. You do not deserve to my business.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

My phone and mobile app were hacked to the tune of almost 5000.00. I immediately reported when I saw mobile deposits and withdrawals from 980 up for purchases of what I assume are cards after calling the merchants. I DID NOT DO THIS!! It was reportedly immediately and blocks placed on all accounts. I have deleted all my information and changed my user id, pin and password. I was told yesterday by "specialist" that I would be responsible for the deposits and the charges. Are they kidding??? My payroll and benefits are deposited here and they can't be redirected for at least a 8 weeks. That means USAA is now going to be the one stealing from me. Just be aware and don't use mobile app and do not have any codes sent to your phone. Definitely not the bank they use to be!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I seldom use my USAA checking account, and hence was surprised when money transfers started being initiated from my external bank. A total of $7500 had been transferred so far, and someone has been using the account over the last week to pay bills suck as Amex credit card bill and utilizes. I contacted USAA to notify them of the finding. Should be a simple process I thought. I have had this account for 13 years and I was shocked when the first representative hanged up on me after insisting that it was my fault for the fraud due to not securing my password.

Second representative 30 minutes later said the same thing, stated I couldn't get the remaining money back as it was in crime scene. It's 03Dec20, bills are due, and Christmas is approaching, no panic. To add fuel to the fire, The representatives did not know how long it would take to get my funds back, but insisted I beg my bill collectors and my mortgage to waive late fees while they sit on my money and their broken outdated computer system.

USAA representative are incompetent in doing their job. They are more concerned in pointing the blame at me who has not logged in into that account for 2 months and say the security breach was my error, and I ought to change my passwords again. They were also concerned in opening me another checking account instead of figuring out how to get my money back. I am frustrated and out $7500 + overdraft fees, bounced checks and late bills from this. The best USAA can do is offer to open me another check account! Stay away from this business!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I was told today that they no longer will service me after 18 years. I asked why and the bank and the senior manager could not even give me a valid justification. I used this bank for paying bills and shopping. All they could say was that they were sorry and did not know why my account was being closed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Horrible customer service. The girl I talked to was not knowledgeable, kept putting me on long holds, and apparently hadn’t been trained on the SCRA. Their website advertises falsely that they follow the SCRA and offer even lower benefits to active duty and deployment services, which is great since it is a military based company. However, when I called about it after submitting documents they said they no longer offer these benefits to Service members effective October 1, 2019. When I told them this was federal law, they said yes, but it doesn’t apply to credit cards, apparently finding a “loophole” somewhere to deny the SCRA to members serving their country on deployment. This is literally the only one of my creditors that doesn’t offer these benefits to customers. American Express, Discover and Chase all offer a reduced rate while on deployment. In fact, American Express took my APR to zero while my husband is deployed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I have been waiting for my debit card request since January 2020 which makes it almost a year now! As a lawful immigrant, USAA does not seem to understand my legal documents. They have rejected my Debit Card request through a joint account with my American husband more than 10 times. Each time you call, the representatives’ responses contradict their OWN representatives you talked to before! They are not trained on any of the forms, keep you on hold for hours, get off the phone, then 10 days later REJECT you and come up with another excuse. I am stating this again “THEIR RESPONSES DO NOT MATCH WITH EACH OTHER” and they contradict each other! To the point that after 11 months of waiting I have decided to move on with another bank! This is very embarrassing for USAA and they need to TRAIN their staff! Again HORRIBLE customer service, stay away from it if you can, especially if you’re an immigrant!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Was a member for over 10 years no issues until July 2018 when my purse was stolen. July 16 2018 that's when I realized my purse was missing. I called USAA because I was locked out of my account and let them know my purse was stolen along with my ID my debit card my phone and the check I had done a mobile deposit on. That's when I found out that my account was negative over $3000. How. I don't have overdraft protection. Several checks were deposited in my account and then money taken out at the atm. I told USAA my account and debit card had been compromised to cancel my debit card and not to honor any checks coming through because they were fraudulent with the exception of the one deposited on July 10 2018. I told them that all charges after the atm withdrawal of $260 on July 10 were unauthorized charges.

I filed a dispute so I thought USAA did nothing they did not cancel my card or secure my account and they continued to honor the fraudulent checks. Instead they locked me out of my account. I never regained control of my account again. I called constantly asking them to please help. They refused to give me access to my account. I have disability benefits only. They finally did a dispute in August but by then so much damage was done I never recovered because they never secured my account. I was still locked out of my account. I had no idea what was going on with my account. I asked for bank statements only to be denied. I called over and over constantly. I sent email after email. Some went thru. Some did not.

I was contacted by someone a year later in 2019 who said he worked with the CEO office but he was very vague on his information. Another person called weeks later. He didn't care. This continued for 7 months money was being stolen from my account. I called telling them it was not me, to please secure my funds, stop sending my info to unknown addresses. Still no access to my account. In October they closed my account and then someone reopened it the next day. No one knew why and the person who did it left work and never came back. No one could explain that.

Since October I never even had a debit card so how is it that USAA tells me I'm responsible for everything. I had no access to my account online or otherwise no debit card. Then Usaa continued to let the thief steal my money and what the thief didn't take USAA did. I had employees say that USAA messed up. They should have switched my account but they kept the same account that was compromised. They did not secure it. Their reasons for stating I'm responsible is no pin. Fail. No pin change. Of course you sent my card with pin number together to the thief same geolocation. Of course you sent them my info card pin number. Multiple limit increase on my phone. Yes they stole my phone. They said they sent it to a verified address and verified delivery verified by who not verified by me.

Merchant verification by statement of charges. I asked for that never received it they refused. All of which can not be used to deny a claim.

I asked for all the information they used to come to this decision month after month. Finally 2 years later they send me bank statements that have wrong info, wrong address. They put my ex-husband on the statements. We haven't had an account together since 2014 so I know they were made up after the fact and they sent me 4 pieces of paper with different claim numbers and the reasons why they denied me which I stated they can't use as a reason. It's a mess. I don't think they want me to understand it. So if I called USAA told them of the fraud. They locked me out of my account. They did not secure my account. They continued to allow the thief to steal my money. They stole my money. I did not have a debit card. I never regained control of my account again and they did nothing. Isn't that where my responsibilities ended and they became completely liable for all the damages that followed.

Because of USAA failure to secure my account I lost everything. I have been homeless because of this and no one at USAA seems to care one single bit so please someone help me. I've tried All I want is to have my account reopen, all monies returned that was stolen through fraud the money that USAA took out of my account from July 11 2018 thru March 2019 which is when I did not have access to my account and no control of it or debit card. I don't even care about fees or interest or an apology. I just want my life back, my money I worked hard for. I did everything I was supposed to so why did USAA take my money and I end up homeless and they say it's my fault.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

To think USAA will tout themselves as a national bank is appalling, their fraud department for a bank is terribly defunct. How can someone swipe my debit card which is sadly not stolen nor missing because I have it with me, yet it was swiped at a QT gas station. I have never been to QT, but It was used to purchase groceries and cash advance, my money is yet to be refunded, it's been over a week and still no explanation, yet I'm supposed to activate a new card when I do not know how the old one was accessed in the first place to steal from my account.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

USAA offers CIGNA dental insurance as a third party. After signing up, I discovered USAA charges $10-$15 more per month per plan than does CIGNA, depending on the plan. It is less expensive to go directly through CIGNA. I am trying to rectify the discrepancy and it is proving to be very difficult.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I applied for an SBA loan which was deposited into my personal checking account on 7/27/2020. The next day USAA froze all of my accounts without any warning and locked me out of my online access to my other accounts (including savings account, youth checking and savings accounts, credit card, personal loan, and property and personal insurance accounts). They initially told me they were investigating my account for possible fraud due to the large amount of money deposited into my account. The money was electronically directly from the SBA Treasury which was clearly indicated on the banking records. They questioned whether or not I owned my own business. I offered to provide them with any supporting documentation they needed to show that everything was legitimate.

They never responded. Instead they ignored my requests for answers and kept me in limbo until 7/30/202 when I received an email stating they were closing all of my accounts citing "We are no longer doing business with you due to inappropriate or unacceptable behavior or activity on your account". The letter did not specify the findings from the fraud investigation nor did it provide a contact person just their general 800 number. The letter stated the accounts would be closed as of 9/28/2020 and a check would be mailed for any remaining monies in the accounts within 7-10 business days after the closing of the accounts.

I received checks for the money left in me and my daughter's personal savings accounts but never received the money that was in my personal checking account (which was a very very large sum of money). I called to find out the status of the money since that money included the SBA loan funds, in addition to my own personal money. I was informed that they would not be sending me the money and that the funding source was determined to be a fraudulent source. I requested to speak with someone in the fraud department and my request was denied. I asked for written findings of their investigation and my request was denied. USAA denied me access to money to my account and money I needed as a small business owner to survive during COVID-19.

As a result, my credit score dropped, I was unable to pay bills, and I was forced to go on public assistance. MY business has been put on hold and I was forced to take a part time job to make ends meet. I am still responsible for the loan and they have not returned the money to the SBA yet. I have a promissory agreement from the SBA that verifies the legitimacy of the loan and USAA has completely denied the fact that there was no evidence of fraud.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

After banking with USAA for years our accounts with thousands of dollars in them were suddenly closed without notifying us by mail, text, phone call or email and our money was supposedly sent to us in a check form. It's been over a month and no money. We were also told that our accounts were closed because after years of using a PO Box for mailing that this was no longer acceptable. We are a large military family from Grandfathers to Great Grandchilden and they all are closing their accounts, you don't make my wife cry without consequences. I feel our accounts were closed because we did not take their expensive insurances.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I paid off 3 loans I had with USAA. 1-Vehicle 1-Camper and 1-ATV. I received the vehicle title in the mail and then with the other two I was told that they were mailed. I never received them. I'm told well they were mailed from a third party vendor. Then, I'm told the state made a mistake on the title. Yet, I'm told to go to the state and apply for the a new title, which will cost me $55 for the state and all other notarization fees. Can't get a new title as I don't have all the information to fill out application for the state such as title number. I'm told we will send a letter that the lien was removed. Again, I don't have any information to get a new title. I would not recommend using USAA for their loans as they use 3rd party vendors.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

On Thursday, September 3rd, 2020, we received an email from USAA to contact FiServe, as a payment to Travelers Insurance was returned. We contacted USAA immediately, and were told that our account was frozen, and in the process of being closed. The reason was “evidence of business activity in a personal account”, specifically that we had inbound wire transfers from businesses. We inquired as to the specifics of the wires in question, and asked why we were not notified. We were advised that USAA allegedly sent a letter to us on July 1, 2020, via USPS, not certified. Had we received the letter, we would have contacted USAA. Why would USAA rely on a shaky USPS to deliver notice of account closure when they have a secure email system, or could have called?

After 3 phone calls with USAA representatives who told us that the matter was final and there was no escalation procedure, we insisted upon escalation, and were directed to the Office of the CEO. All of these calls were recorded, and we were informed that the case had been referred to an advocate. We called 3 times that Friday before the holiday weekend, with no call back. Again, on Tuesday, we called multiple times before we insisted that we speak to an advocate, as we had multiple bills on BillPay that were at risk.

Indeed, payments to Chase for our credit card bill and our mortgage failed. We finally spoke to the “advocate”, who reiterated that the matter was final due to our actions regarding inbound wires. We asked if USAA had looked at our disbursements, as they were obviously personal, and we receive wires as the means of being paid for our work. There was no tolerance, and after 20 years of being customers, and having our insurance and investments with USAA, we were treated as marginal wire fraud perpetrators.

We proceeded to set up a new account at USAA in order to fulfill pending BillPay invoices, which required multiple transfers to and from other accounts in order to fund our BillPay since our funds were frozen. We also insisted that the advocate persist in finding out the specifics of which wire transfers were deemed to be suspicious. Having our account frozen, frantically accessing other funds, and having payments bounce created undue stress, and immediate negative impact to our credit ratings.

Finally, on Thursday, September 10th, 2020, we were advised that our account had been closed, and that the funds would be transferred to our new, active account. On Friday, September 11th, 2020, we were advised that our frozen funds were not transferred, but sent to us via USPS, and we would just have to wait. We were also advised that indeed, USAA had made a bank error, and our wire transfers were not evidence of business activity, and the account should not have been frozen and closed down. We do not have access to our funds, do not know when they will arrive, were told they could not stop payment on the check and transfer electronically, have damage to our credit ratings.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

There I was...a 30 year customer, visiting my brother in-law in the Philippines, when the Taal volcano erupted. Then the news of a deadly rogue virus from China. I elected to leave the country ASAP, but alas, USAA blocked my bank account, credit card, ATM card and all access to my funds! Using limited Intl' cell phone service, I could not find, even one competent customer representative to restore access to my funds. After two weeks I was able to borrow money to return to the U.S. It took weeks to close All my accounts with USAA and recover my funds. Whatever challenges life throws your way - USAA won't be there for you, you ARE, Just Another Number. USAA - incompetent, disloyal, void of the core values that military families expect. Perhaps they should ask their members - why they switched FROM USAA. Take it from the Chief - USAA is NOT made for What's Next!

USAA Banking Company Information