3.48/5

San Antonio, TX

USAA sells auto and property insurance to members of the U.S. military and their families. USAA doesn't currently participate in the InsuraMatch program. If you're a member of the U.S. military in need of insurance, contact InsuraMatch today to see multiple offers that could work for you. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

488 USAA Banking Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2019

Was notified on a Monday that there was "suspicious activity" on our account and froze both accounts so neither my husband or I could access any of them. Called and was told within 24 hours it would be released after we verified. That Friday they were still frozen, and was told Monday it would be unlocked. Monday comes and goes with yet another phone call and was told it would be Wednesday or Thursday. We can't close our accounts because they are locked. As soon as they are released you can bet we are taking our accounts and insurance coverage somewhere else. What a joke USAA is!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have been a member for 30 years. No longer, I will be ending my association with USAA. I was sent notification to upload documents for my daughter’s youth spending account. These documents included a driver's license and social security card. The day I received the notification the documents were uploaded and the website stated successfully received under review. Over 20 days later her account was closed for not providing the requested documents. I contacted USAA to find out what was going on. NO ONE could tell me where the documents I uploaded were and I was told a “security department” could view them.

I requested the security department call me after spending 3:45 minutes on hold. I never received a call back. A request was placed by a supervisor in banking area still no call back. I was told it could be an IT problem from someone in banking. Seems USAA has no concern for security of their members. My daughter is going to college soon and now we have to worry about Identity theft, since USAA can’t explain where the documents are and why the account was closed. They used to be the best. Now they are definitely the worst.

Original review: May 12, 2019

What happened to USAA? I have been a member for over 10 years and have had nothing but positive experiences until recently, which seems to be a new trend as I'm seeing on this site! I have recommended USAA to everyone! As a struggling college student, then a struggling young adult, they had ALWAYS helped me to work through any issues. My checking account has always been used for direct deposit from my jobs over the years.

Recently I became a stay-at-home mom while my active duty husband works (he uses Navy Federal Credit Union). My account isn't used nearly as much as it once was but on occasion, my mom will send over some money for birthdays or holidays (she prefers to send money rather than gifts, she always writes "check your USAA account" in birthday cards.) Well the last time she sent money for our son's birthday, I didn't pay close enough attention and, unknowingly, overdrafted $11. Only $11. I have overdrafted a couple of times in the past and I got a notification which gave me the opportunity to fix it. And I ALWAYS fixed it right away.

Sometimes I got an overdraft fee which is understandable, sometimes it was kindly waived. This time, without warning, no email, no phone call, no letter, no nothing, they shut down my checking account. I only realized when my mom tried to send money for Mother's Day and she told me she wasn't able to. So I called and was sent to a specialist who, in the most bubbly yet condescending tone, told me they didn't need to warn me and that I had gone over the time limit for being overdrafted (a measly $11) so they shut my account down.

I asked what that limit was and she said could be two weeks, could be less. She wouldn't give me a specific time frame which makes me think it's up to their discretion. They're more than happy to keep our insurance accounts (which are always paid on time) open though. She said I could pay them the $11 then an additional $25 to open a new account if I wanted to which I said no thanks. I have always acted in good faith and have only made a handful of mistakes over the course of more than a decade. Why the sudden change in policy? USAA always seemed like a credit union despite being a bank due to how progressive their policies were and how much they cared for and worked with their customers. Now they act like a hard line bank that screws over their customers with no warning or explanation. We're switching everything over to Navy Federal Credit Union after this experience.

Original review: May 10, 2019

USAA is a horrible company to do business with. I have been with this company for about 30+ years and it appears to be time to withdraw all my investments and go with another financial services company for all of my needs because their level of service just keeps dropping and dropping and dropping. I have noticed this over the past 2 decades. Their service started to go down when they opened their member enrollment to military non-officers, and it just keeps getting worse, and worse, and worse. It appears to me that they are now all and only about turning a profit, rather than assisting their members with their financial needs. I used to recommend USAA to all my family and friends but my advice is to now go with another company, or companies.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I made two mobile deposits today in the amount of $1799 total. One deposit was for $299. The other was for $1500. They released $500 total and kept the remaining $1299 on hold until 5/16/2019. I called to see if they would release all of the funds as there are things that will draft against these funds and was transferred to a senior representative charged with addressing these requests.

Upon reviewing my account, the person told me that all in my account looked okay (meaning no overdrafts, returned fees) and could verify all information about the check BUT they could not release all funds because my average daily balance was not the amount of the deposit. That’s ridiculous and discriminatory. As I explained to the representative that is incredibly discriminatory to working class individuals who are managing their affairs (i.e. ensuring adequate funds are I. The account to cover expenses even if it doesn’t leave a huge balance after). I am being penalized for lacking a certain amount of discretionary income to stay in my account. Wow - penalized for being working class... And we wonder why predatory lending reigns supreme in this country.

Main stream banking clearly isn’t amiable to working class. I will be transferring accounts. It is completely ridiculous that opposed to releasing funds - my long term banking institution would prefer that I incur NSF fees and the compounded effects of items returned. Of course, clear to understand the policy - I don’t generate enough interest income for the banking institution to value my patronage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

Original review: May 7, 2019

Member since 1993. Grateful for the many years of superb customer service, but seems USAA’s tremendous growth has forced them to outsource. Now it feels like a below average bank. To make matters worse, rates are not as competitive as they used to be; could not match GEICO by a whopping $1,000!

Original review: May 2, 2019

This is about the loaning department and does not reflect the people, rather the service they provide. Do not take this when considering their other services. They say personal info is taken into account of other situations when it comes to unsecured loans but that is not true. They really only use machines that automatically checks the numbers and keywords and that's it. And if you need money that bad pull an AER loan, trust me you want 0% interest. I know many young service members join but if you are young or have bad credit and would like to finance for a car or anything tough luck. You'll have to wait at least 6 months or whatever it takes to have a decent score of 660 or higher. They also are bad when it comes to financing with credit. They report whenever the machines feels like reporting. So your credit score can drop by not being updated and can update mid month.

So that payment you made at the end of the month to help your credit score? Oops! You have to wait till next month! Have fun sitting at 40% credit utilization and seeing it report as not being paid off! Because that has happened to me when I was in a pinch. Don't get me wrong. The people who work there are fantastic. It's just a broken service that really benefits/supports NCOs and Officers. You can go to the parking lot of new airmen who recently joined. Count half of the lot to be 20k cars at 35% for $600 a month from some sleazy car dealer, and still have enough money for phone service, a phone, food, internet, and basic necessities. But you won't finance me 5k for payments of 180-ish at 18% APR which is totally do-able for really anyone that has a job? (Calculated from multiple loan sites and calculators including USAA's) Shame.

At least Navy Federal actually considers people into the equation, but they do cap at $3900 under certain conditions if you have no credit. However, I asked also asked to see what it would be for $5000 and the difference between $3900 at max APR of 18% for 36 month is: 5K: $180.76 a month! 3.9K: $140.99 a month! So don't do it if you are going anything higher than that because that is sleazy. They are making you pay pretty much the same payments, and they only make about $500 less of off interest. That's like asking for a Big Mac, but they hand you a dollar menu cheeseburger and say "it's 40 cents less. A really good deal!" I made sure by also using their own loan calculator so maybe you shouldn't make it so easy to do the math and find out how you are cheating us out of money. These companies make up it somewhat by having great customer service and advice.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I attempted to have a portion of my payroll distributed to my USAA account. I entered my member number instead of my checking or savings number. And from that mistake, my funds are seemingly lost...even though my member number is connected to my account? How is that right? They contacted me to tell me they conducted an investigation and that my funds have been deposited into an account but they cannot retrieve said funds. And to contact my employer because there is nothing they can do on their end. Absolutely the worst financial institution I've ever dealt with. Never again. Despicable.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have been a USAA member for many years (over 50) mostly for insurance (car, boat and home) and have observed a steady decline in service. Recently I have had to deal with the investments group. My recently deceased son signed on with USAA several years ago and made investments with them. As I have tried to settle his estate I have had to deal with the investments group. What a nightmare this has been! Picture dealing with the worst, most inefficient government bureaucracy imaginable. Every time I try to talk to this group I get transferred several times and then they don't follow through on my request. I must call back several times to complete simple transactions and of course you never get to talk to the same agent so I must go through the story again and again. It is not only annoying but also an emotional strain.

Original review: April 27, 2019

On Wednesday I deposited 2 paychecks into my account via mobile deposit. I had a payment scheduled to come out of the same account the following day. USAA put a hold on most of the funds and hit me with an nsf fee for $29. I called to complain and find out why my paychecks had been put on hold. No reasonable explanation other than my account balance was lower than the amount of the checks and the funds would be on hold for a week. A WEEK!!! In this day and age, NOTHING should take a week to verify! I could understand if the checks were personal in nature, but I have been depositing checks from this company for a while now. Unacceptable. I am switching to Navy Federal and see if they treat their customers better.

Original review: April 25, 2019

The other departments at USAA have been good (in my experience) but the Dispute dept and CEO office are horrible. They lie to you, they don't send notices like they should (which is part of why they got fined 12 million dollars) and they still haven't done anything to fix it. I get an email in Jan that says I'll be getting a restitution payment "in the coming months", here it is the end of April and NOTHING. They've even had the audacity to tell me over the phone they've paid other members but not me. It's laughable how horrible USAA has gotten. Even the CEO office doesn't respond when it says they will. They are liars and thieves, like most banks, but there are better banks out there. Check out Navy Federal, they have WAY better reviews! I'm switching also. :)

Original review: April 23, 2019

Rec'd a letter dated January 3rd concerning a restitution check of $181.59 being sent to me. Well, today will make 111 days with no check in sight. In fact, Dewey, Cheatham & Howe (or Larry, Moe & Curly-take your pick) say it could take up to a year to receive anything. Meanwhile the pansy***** are intimidated to the point that I have been blocked from their FB page to voice my concerns and read those of others that have been screwed over

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had an issue with my checking account. I used the online chat and began the process of seeking assistance around 11:00 am. I was given the runaround and then disconnected so I started the chat process again. Again I was given the runaround when I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told all supervisors were in a meeting but someone could call me back within 24-48 hours. It’s Friday. I needed my issue resolved immediately bc I had no access to funds in my account. I left my number anyway and ended the chat and called back, thinking if I actually spoke to a live person they might help. I again asked to speak to a supervisor since I was told the first representatives are unable to help. Again I was put on hold while rep contacted a supervisor.

Another 5 minutes and she comes back and says they’ll have to call me back within 5 minutes. Fine. I waited 10 and called again. Same process. Put on hold for 12 minutes. Someone finally came back on, the rep and someone else. This time I got hung up on. I called back. For the 5th time I explained my issue and asked for a supervisor or ANYONE with authority to act/help. After another half hour I was told there was nothing they could do to help. So basically my whole day off and on (it’s 5 pm) dealing with one person after another, given the runaround etc. ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. And it’s not the first time I’ve had issues. Must find another bank.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I had fraudulent activity on my credit/debit card. I was told a new card will be sent in a few days. Never received it. I had to wait 9 days without a card. No access to money whatsoever. I was told to borrow money.

Original review: April 7, 2019

USAA was recommended to me by my brother. So I gave it a chance. Seems to be a mistake. After joining and opening a bank account I wire transferred a substantial amount of money, then during several following days, 2 small bank to bank transfers just to get some confidence. One day at noon after only 2 weeks, I opened the online access to check the status of the account. Later that SAME day, and for now 4 days, I was denied the ability to sign on with NO advance warning or explanation. All I was told after a lot of effort and nagging and phone calls on my part was that "They" wanted a copy of my driver's license, with no reason why. I sent it to them the same day. Now after 4 days, I still cannot get access to the account holding MY MONEY. They blocked me in less than one day, and will take 3 "business days" to resolve my problem. AVOID USAA.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Their entire 'Customer Service' department seems to be motivated to avoid any sort of 'service' and to turn their customers away. Examples are too numerous to list, although I am on extended hold/transfer right now with USAA and am using this otherwise wasted time to write a scathing, but well-deserved review.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have been a USAA customer since 2008 and the past couple of years have been pretty lackluster. I live in the Philippines and can't use a debit card to pay all my bills like in the States so I have to withdraw everything from an ATM. I have to call every week to get my limit increased to the amount I need and I have to give the same story EVERY time even though I ask them just to put it in the notes. Eventually I got my limit increased through a request and that took over a year. When I withdraw I pay a fee of $5 from the ATM service I am using and another $5 for international fees charged by the card provider so this would leave my account negative by $20-$50 every month but my disability always covered the difference on the 1st when I am paid.

One day I get on to check my account and it has been removed and charged off so naturally I call and they tell me what happened. Well they say it was negative for 41 days or more so it was charged off and I told them that was impossible. I just got paid. After 2 days of calls they tell me that since my deposit wasn't in the account for at least 24 hours the offset didn't register so my account was considered negative still. I was told "Well sir USAA user policy says you'll pay off as soon as possible." I said, "Well it was paid but your system didn't register it."

At this point I accepted it and just changed my deposit to go to our other account with USAA and we would pay the charged off account to get access to our money on pay day...NOPE. We pay the charge off and they put a 4 day hold on our pay anyway and I'm stuck paying triple the charge of by double what it was. NOW since I have a charge off on my bank record I cannot even increase my withdraw limit. The amount of time I've had to tell USAA that I actually live in the Philippines and I'm not stealing money from myself is ridiculous. My card get cut off all the time for ID theft review (which I'm cool with if it's ID theft) but it's me trying to pay for dinner. Living outside the US and banking with USAA sucks and I wouldn't recommend it UNLESS you're on active duty.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Customer service is absolutely the worst I've ever dealt with!!! For the past 2 months I've called and spoken with at least a dozen different reps (half of which were at the executive level) to resolve an issue caused by THEIR error and the issue is STILL NOT RESOLVED! They keep telling me a different story every time and each time, they say that the issue will be resolved in 2-3 days and "someone will call you back" to confirm. No one ever calls back and the issue is never resolved. I'm convinced they are just trying to wear me down in hopes that I'll give up and stop calling. As a veteran, I am so completely disappointed in USAA.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I am a disabled veteran with PTSD, I have been banking with USAA since 2010. Over the past couple years because of my illness and trying to navigate the trials of the VA, I have not been financially stable. In August of 2018, I lost my job. Since that date, USAA has charged me more than $2000 in NSF or Overdraft fees. $844 of which was taken directly from a deposit of my VA disability, leaving me with less than $200 to survive on for the month, and absolutely no way to pay my bills.

I explained my situation to them, and begged them to refund the fees but they refused each time. I was lectured about my financial "irresponsibility," and informed that it was their RIGHT to charge these fees to a suffering, disabled veteran. No kindness, consideration, care, or empathy was shown from ANY of the representatives who heard about my case. I sent a letter to USAA through multiple contact methods in November of 2018 and did not receive a response at all. After contacting the office of the president, Chad Borton, I was informed that it was, "received by back-office staff." But never addressed? USAA knows what it means to serve -- Themselves. I am beyond disappointed with this company and disgusted that they continue to make their money using veterans and service -members as a prop without even following through with their promise to care.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had fraudulent charges on my account in the amount of about $95. It’s been a month and they still won’t help me, they say the charges are valid when it’s an absolutely obvious scam from the UK. I will be leaving USAA completely after this nonsense. I will trust my money to a bank that doesn’t take care of their customers.

Original review: March 19, 2019

We've been with USAA for years and have always had amazing customer service - every time we've called! Website is intuitive and easy to use, insurance is great - Love all their services - only wish they offered business accounts!

Original review: March 18, 2019

USAA used to have good customer service, but that has deteriorated and USAA is now among the worst banks. USAA's mismanagement is so severe that it is under 2 separate recent orders from Federal Agencies relating to USAA's woefully inadequate customer service and management, as well as USAA charging illegal fees to customers. One case was brought by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the other by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and both orders are from early 2019. In one of those cases USAA had to pay millions of dollars in refunds to customers it charged illegal fees to. That is how terrible USAA's management is.

My own experience has mirrored the findings of those federal agencies--USAA makes errors in its banking, has terribly trained customer service agents, and different departments have such poor communication that it becomes impossible to get anything straightened out. Combined with their generally inferior banking products (poor credit card rewards, terrible interest rates on savings/checking accounts, etc), there is simply no reason to be a customer of USAA.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Over forty of my 90 years I had utilized USAA, until I eventually found its auto rates were exorbitant, not veteran friendly as advertised. Then, determined to end my remaining relationship I approached USAA Banking to settle the credit card account; but my issues were ignored, no replies to emails, phone calls, or letters, just negative credit card reporting. Recently I was notified that the balance on the account was cancelled. Consistent with its poor service, USAA Banking has, nevertheless, continued negative reporting on an account which no longer exists.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I am currently searching for another bank. USAA Federal bank has high-jacked my bank account and I cannot use it. I have spoken to the CEO's office, who promised to call me back this past Friday 3/1 and I am STILL waiting 3/5. I can't leave the house to grocery shop, because all of my money is frozen for some idiotic policy they claims is Federal. It's nonsense. I can't wait to get away from them. Further EVERY time I call there is more than a 15 minute wait time. I just called and the current wait time is 25 minutes! They're almost as bad as calling the IRS! I want nothing to do with them. My advice is that you don't either. It's too bad, I was looking forward to a long relationship with them since my mother was with them for years. And after reading all of the reviews on this site, I'm concerned about the auto and home insurance I have with them. What a pickle!

Original review: March 2, 2019

After 14 years of having a w9 on file they said it wasn't filed correctly (which it was and I have proof) and they stole our money from savings and checking interest. They refused to refund us the money back to our account. This is very upsetting and probably a case for a class action lawsuit. The form was correct for over 14 years and interest was given up to Dec 2018 and in 2019 it is all of the sudden it is incorrect and they steal our interest. You even can't speak with a clear higher management to resolve the issue. They just call and leave messages on the machine to call the main 800 # to call back. It is absurd! I can't believe they are willing to lose a long time good client over such a small amount.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

USAA has never supported me as a disabled Vet. For one, they never refer to me with my rank like they say in their false commercials. They have never approved any loan request but I have 4 home loans through other financial institutions including a VA loan. I have over $250,000 in another bank but I was just declined for a $12,000 loan!! They are definitely the wolf in the sheep skin and could care less about veterans.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

There's a customer service reg rep who gave my asset to child support... yeah I'm putting her full name out there. Her name is Karen **. She is a disgrace to the company as well as USAA for not examining proper documents and also USAA for not overseeing... She gave ALL my assets to CSS Child Support Services not only did she do that... but the USAA under Color of Law 1983 didn't even notify me. Don't worry I'll be writing the CEO and if he doesn't respond I'll go straight to media and and write a story so compelling that USAA will go out of business. Mark my words. USAA then proceed by saying, "is there's anything I can assist you with and thank you for trusting USAA" lol...you gotta be kidding me. You give all my assets away and you want me to trust you... tip ALL Veterans stay out of this bank. I'm going to tell my friends to drop it. They used to be a legit company. I couldn't rate it a zero but this company is a zero zero zero...

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My family currently has USAA Insurance, auto loan, credit card, and has had more loans. 10 years with this company. First of all my husband was married well before the 10 years we have been with the company. I had insurance in one state and transferred it as we PC's to another, no problem. Later we PC's and transfer insurance again. Well apparently my husband's ex-wife had a charged off checking account, many years ago I assume and they refused to transfer my insurance back unless I paid for her charge off. Which was close to 400$. I knew it wasn't right.

For some reason I eventually paid it off not knowing whether somehow it would affect my husband - but it hadn't ever been heard of for years until then, and a few months later I call and the woman tells me she couldn't believe they did that and that they could get in trouble. Anyways I knew my coverages I had on my policy because they had to be higher where I moved from and I asked to keep them the same for security. Well I couldn't tell you anything about my policy because once I had an accident I find out that the limits were changed, my son passed away in the accident and I have never in my life felt so horrible for the coldness as if it was just the norm. No help whatsoever. I did fight for my medical insurance to cover injuries, and even had gap insurance and life insurance.

My limits were changed to bare minimal which still was plenty to cover the vehicle since I had gap - well with the accident I knew something was wrong with the car. But I had no idea what to do, who to call, what to ask? They offered no help, except for me to realize that they wanted that car back and apparently the adjuster just said it was a total loss and then they prepared to sell the car, to get more money. Now because they sold the vehicle, there's no proof except from the medical examiner that we were all buckled, and there was obviously a defect in the car with the seat belt. I've called several times and now, I am involved in a court case for this that has went in for over 2 years.

I called them recently for help on finding out what could be done and they said, "Sorry for your lost but you hit the 2 year mark and we should the car on such and such date." I pulled the VIN on the car and they knew that he passed away and they lied to me about the car and literally sold it within 2 months of the accident. I told them I need that car inspected and I called the NHTSA for help and they told me to call USAA to preserve the evidence. I called them within the first several weeks and they say, "oh - well we thought all that was finished." Fast forward... We have a truck loan we have had a few. We have great credit and we are retiring, I asked for the debt protection to be removed and they say, "Well we can put the money straight to the principal every month, and it could be laid off faster." I'm like ok - so I sign the form. Then they say through email we need husband to sign - ok no problem, so I call them to handle it.

The man says, "Hey you know, we could actually refinance the truck" and I'm like, "Really? That's great." Well after he runs our credit, he comes back and needs to talk to my husband and so he does and says there was an alert on his credit. So we find out through the credit people, all he has to do is verify it is my husband through identifying him since we already have the loan there, and it could be done... They refused and said we have to handle it and get it removed. Well also tried for a home loan as well, we were denied on that as well. We have close to 800 score only 2 cars and 2 credit cards. Besides that, on my accident I had accident forgiveness but rates still hit me for increase of 125 a month.

I know all this is out of place, but I worked insurance and the personable relationship you establish with people is better than any phone number you will ever dial and not see a face. They don't care. We have been through every bad thing in life and the hardest part, is that they had 25k to put in an estate account for his benefit, and you know what - we did a Gofundme account instead, because we didn't want to feel as if we were abusing the insurance company. Isn't that crazy. I pray - people read these complaints. Living military life is the hardest life in the world for me and the isolation is unbearable, so to not have a company have your back is heartbreaking. All my neighbors all ask each other if their rates went up.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have been a member for 18 years. Recently, USAA lost a $20,450 cashier check that I provided to them via UPS overnight with signature on 20 Dec 2018. The check was made out to me, which I endorsed and sent overnight to USAA Priority Bank Deposits department in San Antonio. USAA signed for and took possession on 21 Dec 2019. I sold my 2012 Truck. Sold directly to a nondealer buyer, I still owed money on the truck, called USAA to find out how to expedite the process and did EXACTLY what customer service informed me to do. After USAA signed the UPS receipt document in San Antonio for the check, USAA lost my check. Worse, spent the next 45 days yanking my chain.

Over the next, 45 days, I probably spent 20+ hours on hold with more, "Front End", where I came to learn much about USAA. Banking is actually called the back end vs. the USAA phone line which is the Front End. I was unable to reach or communicate in any way with Banking AKA the back end. My only option was to deal with front end Customer service reps who could only apologize because they cannot ACTUALLY talk directly to "Banking" either. Let me say that again in another way. USAA Banking does not allow me as the customer to communicate with them...at all. Nor am I able to speak to them in any correspondence method phone or email. Are you kidding me? This is a bank, telling me I cannot talk to the Bank. Who exactly is USAA Banking accountable to?

Current state, this fiasco is still not resolved. Because the Cashier Check they lost sometime after signed for it on Dec 21, 2018, cannot be canceled until March 19, 2019. The buyer has a truck he cannot drive; I have a truck still in my name which I must continue to make payments for. Plus I am required to pay his insurance payments for the truck he cannot drive and is parked in his garage. Plus, I will have to pay the late fees he will incur for titling his vehicle 120 days after the date of the Bill of Sale.

Finally, because it lost, but he cannot cancel it, he has to call his bank weekly to ensure it was not cashed by someone other than USAA. This sum of money may not be much to a multi-billion $ corporation like USAA, but this was the single most important bank deposit I have made since selling my house in 2005. I entrusted it to USAA. The only thing you have not cost me here is the sale. He is working with me and I am thankful for small blessings.

Finally and worse from my perspective, the end state excuse I was provided by USAA was that; although they cannot provide me what date, who mailed it, where it was mailed from, or provide a USPS tracking #, or any physical evidence whatsoever that it actually occurred, that due to insufficient direction on my check, let me state this clearly as this sums up the ridiculousness of the entire scenario; USAA bank, snail mailed a signed, $20,450 Cashier to the UPS that I spent $45 at to overnight to USAA.

They did not inform that UPS or anyone else, even though my address, registered to my USAA # was the actual return address. Further, according to USAA, there is nothing USAA can do to offset or assist and I should hope that it does not get cashed because USAA will not be responsible for that either. That (and this situation) will be the last time I make the mistake of trusting USAA with my banking. I filed a BBB complaint and it should be obvious by now, am in the process, and hope to complete by April 2019, shifting all my families finances to Navy Federal.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I am/was a ten year vet with USAA (insurance). Loved them so much I wanted to do banking with them. I was looking at buying another home and was determined to go through USAA. My agent(s) we’re unorganized and slightly shady on how they wanted me to word my childcare and other expenses. I let it go, mainly because the home I wanted had too many issues. I dropped everything and told USAA we can try again another time. But to be honest I had no intention of going through USAA home loan again.

To make matters worse USAA bank issued homeowner insurance on that said house that I didn’t buy and charged me $160 a month. Then they cancelled my current renter's insurance. When I tried to log on to my account to see why I was being charged an extra $160, USAA had locked me out of my account. When I called to see what was going on I was told my account access has been blocked for fraud and I’m not allowed to make any changes to it. When I asked for proof of my insurance for the home I did own they refused. When I asked why I’m being charged insurance for house I don’t own they accused my lender of my current home of calling them and telling USAA I bought the house.

1) My lender had no idea I was ever looking at the 2nd house. 2) Lenders can call you all day, I get to chose which company I want to insure my new home. 3) Escrow pays for my homeowners not my personal bank account, 4) 60+ days later USAA is still charging me for home I don’t own. Still locked out of my account, every time I call I’m told someone will call me in 3-5 business days. I had to go thru my bank to flag USAA from taking money. Thank goodness I don’t bank with USAA. I also had to have my new insurance company cancel my home and auto policy because USAA refused to let me cancel.

The whole thing was/is a mess and random and should never have happened and definitely should have been handled within minutes of me calling. To make it worse USAA put fraud notes against me on my account tarnishing my name and credibility with the company. Wonder how long Stuart Parker can live off his predecessor's name?? I hope USAA can get it together... Highly recommend 3rd party Audit(s).

USAA Banking Company Information