PNC Student Loans

Compare Student Loans

Research top Student Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

They are always there to answer any questions I have. They are willing to work with me to help me stay ahead. The repayment options is great. They work with me to help me pick a plan I can afford. They have more than just one options about repaying the loans. I have always been lent enough to cover all of my schooling needs. I have never had any problems not getting enough. I haven't really noticed any additional fees. There has never been any hidden fees either. I am quite satisfied with my loans. No complaints here.

The customer service representatives were awesome. I would compare their service to the one I receive at Nordstrom who is very well known for their excellent customer service. The repayment options that were presented to me were very different from the ones I have salt with other companies in the past. It had a more flexible and variety. The borrowing limits exceeded the ones that I had the option to choose from in other instances with various companies. The average was higher than the normal. The additional fees that were added to this transaction were exceedingly less than the ones that I have checked into before. It was tremendously lower.

Very caring and really help with your needs and have very reliable and courteous customer service. They are the greatest. Very flexible payments and will work with you to keep you on track and help with your finances. One of the best available they really care about their customers. Have very reasonable borrowing limits that help the customer get their finances on track. Love the limits they have set. Great and amazing bank. Have low fees that most are reasonable and waivable if it occurs. Very reasonable company. Love them and their services all the way around.

They were very nice and worked with me to get the loan I needed. They took into consideration all my financial needs and got me the loan that worked best with me. The repayment options aren't rushed or overwhelming. You can begin paying gradually or at the end of your education which works perfectly for me. Borrowing limits are reasonable but still great and allow me to get just the amount I need to finish my education without being worried or nervous for the future. The additional fees aren't much only paying interest for the loan I applied for. It was extremely simple and reasonable. Still not too spendy and basically just right.

They offer great customer service which I really liked and they address all your banking needs and that helps make things a lot easier for me and my family. They help you any way they can. They offer great repayment options to really help you and your budget. They seem to understand times are tough and things are hard for people to make ends meet and they do what they can to help you out. They offer great borrowing limited to fit everyone's budget which I thought was really nice of them and helps take the stress out of baking so you can get on with your life. Every bank has fees for everything, that's how they make their money. I don't like it cause they are a bit high but what can you do? They all have them so you just have to just and deal with it and try and make the best of it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Student Loans?

I found that I was treated quite well during the entire process. The people that I dealt with were quite nice and good at their jobs. They always were nice and polite. The repayment options that were available to me were acceptable. I was able to find a solution that met my needs and worked well within my budget. I was able to borrow enough money to get the courses I needed paid for. I was able to stay within the limits and still complete my masters degree. I found that the other fees besides the standard ones regarding my interest on the loan were fair and reasonable. I feel confident that I received a fair deal.

Spent days contacts via every avenue: email, phone, Facebook, PNC website with chat and took forever to get back to me and not as accommodation with deferment some and assistance as others. Options very limited and cumbersome to apply for and/or fill out paperwork for. I can't tell you the frustration and tears shed. These were standard like other limits set by the federal government do they were as expected. Borrowing limits are standard for students. Unnecessary fees for basic processing like proof of loan consolidation, deferment status, account status and the like. I shouldn't have to pay $5 for you to email a copy of my approval to me.

I liked how friendly they were and knowledgeable. They definitely were able to help me and explain everything I was supposed to know so they were very helpful. They were available when I needed them. I loved the payment options because they were very reasonable and low but I could control how much I wanted to pay in case. I was able to pay them back quickly which made me feel better. They did have a lot of requirements when it came to borrowing a loan but did their best to help me understand the whole process so that made things easier. I liked how there were no additional fees mostly because I always paid on time and sometimes more than my minimum. But even then my loan was not big so no fees.

They helped me with student loans and made it very easy and uncomplicated it so that I could understand how to deal with student debt. They had overall great customer service. They allowed me to get help with paying my student loans with their repayment options that allowed me to get my student loans paid off easy and simple. They had very big borrowing limits that allowed me to take as much money as I would like to pay off my loans and for anything else I would have wanted at the time. They had additional fees that were not as expensive as you would think and they were easily paid off and I was able to get debt free real quick and without consequences.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

PNC Education Loan Center offers private loan solutions for undergraduate and graduate students with special programs for the Military. The comprehensive loan portal provides financial educational resources as well as college scholarship information.

• Services: PNC promotes 5 lending solutions for students enrolled at least half-time in undergraduate, graduate/professional, health professional, health professions residency and bar study students.
  • Interest rates and fees: Students may choose from variable or fixed rate loans. There are no application or origination fees. Payments may be deferred until after graduation, or students can begin repayment immediately to minimize total interest payments.
  • Discounts: PNC offers a .50 percent interest rate discount to students who set up automated payments from a checking or savings account.
  • Co-signer release: A co-signer release option is available after 48 consecutive on-time monthly payments.
  • Extended payment periods: Borrowers can take up to 15 years to repay a loan.
  • Learning center: PNC owns one of the best college educational portals with answers to how to plan for and finance a post-secondary education. Their FAQ sections covers a broad spectrum or college funding queries.
  • Best for Students looking for college funding information and access to private lending solutions.

Compare Student Loans