2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

formerly Springleaf Financial

Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

OneMain Financial offers personal loans online and at 1,500 physical locations in 44 states. Customers can choose between unsecured personal loans, secured personal loans and auto loans. You can secure your personal loan with an automobile, RV or boat. In many cases, loans are available the same day you’re approved. OneMain Financial offers loans from $1,500 to $20,000.

OneMain Financial Compare Offers

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

OneMain Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneMain Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneMain Financial?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

The office in Berlin NJ sent many solicitations. I finally answered and borrowed $5,000 to refinance my car and borrow $2,000 to move. They charged me $7,000 to borrow $7,000. The lady who set me up with the loan asked me if I wanted gap insurance. I told her yes. She said O.K. that she would set it up with another insurance company. Now they say I don't have gap insurance. I was set up and cheated. They had me paying $14,000 for a $7,000 loan. I will be taking them to court for predatory lending. I feel they were racist too.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Have worked with them on a couple of occasions. They are not real organized as I kept having to call them several times to get things done. Then had to go their several times to do more. Interest pretty high so probably won't use them again. They are close by so that was a help. Sometimes the staff is a little impatient and rude.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Their interest rates are very high. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I tried to get a loan from them and they denied me. After I looked over the paperwork I realized their interest rate is very high and I would being paying a lot on a small loan. As a single mom of 4 kids I can't afford to get myself into this type of loan agreement and overall I'm glad I didn't get approved for the loan.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I've never used this company because like so many they tell you you're preapproved when in reality you're eligible to apply. So anybody can do that. It tricks you into applying and getting a bad mark on your credit score. For sake of people not understanding this all loan companies should at least make that either apparent or don't do a hard inquiry.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Boy oh boy...The interest rate is ridiculous. Wished I would have never signed up with them. My monthly $200 payment and only $20 goes to principal. What a huge mistake. Plus my truck was used as collateral. HUGE MISTAKE!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I was a previous customer of OMF and was a victim of their predatory lending tactics. I had a original loan I applied and got approved for and not even a year later they will offer you another loan to wipe out your first loan. Do not believe the pros other than you getting the money the same day when you meet their qualification standard. I paid 2 loans off and as a returning customer my vehicles was too old for collateral for my 3rd loan during Covid and yet my loan the first time around was not unsecured. High interest rates they will hit you with regardless of credit.

They prey on the weak offering you more than what you ask for to make you think you have good credit and their customer service stinks when you are not qualified. I advise to opt out from all credit offers and join a credit union. It's time to put death to these lending sharks who only seems to want to help themselves MORE than their customers. BEWARE AT ALL COSTS. INTEREST RATES WILL MAKE SURE YOUR LOAN IS PAID BACK DOUBLE. NON NEGOTIABLE TOO.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Don't waste your time. They are loan sharks. Go somewhere else to get your loan. The staff are rude and I was glad to finally pay it off. They are continuing to solicit a new loan. Hell will freeze over first!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I was falsely manipulated into applying for a loan. The agent never explained that my car would be refinanced. I specifically asked did collateral mean refinance and was told no. After completing the application I was approved for a REFINANCE LOAN and had no idea. I feel used and deceived. I would had never agreed for a 12000 refinance loan knowing I owe 11000 dollars on my car. This is terrible. Please do not get scammed like me.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

If I could give OneMain Financial a negative star I would. I started an online application on 7/31/2020. After being approved for $11,000 with a co applicant, I started the document verification process with Erica. It was deceptive and an unprofessional process from beginning to the end. I even had to escalate the complaint to Corporate. From claiming she didn’t receive my documents, to telling me AFTER we were approved that the co applicant had to live at my residence (without also providing me with a copy of that policy because it is NOT listed anywhere on the application or the website) to flat out lying. Also changing the approved amount. Very suspicious to me.

Erica and the office Manager Melissa claimed my co application, who was working out of town as a truck driver “, MUST come in to sign papers. Despite the pandemic, quarantining and virtual technology. He MUST BE PRESENT. So fine, We booked him a flight. They were notified. She said the day we choose to come in to sign documents were fine. Then later that day said she wasn’t going to be in???? Then WHY say the day was good? Very suspicious. Then Only for her the very next day to say I was approved but the co applicant must be a close relative or live in my home. I asked her WHY NOT TELL ME THIS INFO FROM THE VERY BEGINNING???? Maybe I could have chosen the proper co applicant!!!! Even the Customer Complaint hotline reps & Supervisor said that was not true! Erica and the office manager Melissa are disgraceful. I suspect something very fraudulent or discriminatory going on in that office!

I am grateful I will Not be doing business with that company. Simply due to their employees' behavior and conduct. It’s disgraceful and without integrity. Do yourself a favor and do NOT give them any of your information or do business with them. I just checked the reviews for this company. Should of did my due diligence in the beginning. The reviews are PATHETIC!!!! Stay clear.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

This is my only source of debt. I renewed/refinanced at the beginning of the year. I was signed up for automatic debits on the 5th without my permission. One came out and I overdrafted, I got a big fee from my bank. So, I called in and asked to be taken off automatic debits. The rep said ok, but it only worked for that month. The next month I was in the same situation, big overdraft and fee from my bank. I called in again and scheduled payments on the correct days through October. It worked for 2 months.

This month, I was scheduled for the 14th, they reverted to the original date of the 5th without telling me. Now I am overdrafted with a fee from my bank. My bank will not refund the charge because they see me as a risk who frequently overdraws, even though I have asked OneMain several times not to auto debit me on the 5th, but rather to charge me on my payday. How can companies like this expect us to be 100 percent on time all the time with no question if they do not provide the same standard of service?

OneMain Financial Company Information

Public
Ticker Symbol:
OMF
1912
Formerly Named:
Springleaf
NTBS-2320 6801 Colwell Blvd.
Irving