2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

formerly Springleaf Financial

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.93/5

Need a personal loan company?

OneMain Financial, formerly Springleaf Financial, has been in the lending business for over 100 years. We are committed to serving our customers' unique situations and are dedicated to treating them with the respect they deserve.

Our experienced team has serviced 10 million customers and over $120 billion in loans. Let us help you take control of your finances!

OneMain Financial Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

This company is a joke! They lie to you and rip you off! BE AWARE and DO NOT go with this company!! I cancelled insurance I had and I was told my loan payment would go back to original amount once cancelled! Now, they tell me they never said that and it doesn’t change the payment! So, although the insurance is cancelled, I’m still paying for it because the payment has not been adjusted without it! NEVER AGAIN will I take another loan with them! STAY AWAY or you will lose!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

So number one there are reviews on here that look like they come from the employees. Just look how they read... I was told based off the PRE QUALY THAT I WAS FOR SURE GETTING A LOAN THEN TO FIND OUT THEY WANT A CAR WITH EQUITY. So I am getting the inquiry removed. I had to send in a fax. Please beware this company is no more than a title loan type of place. I now have to go through legal matters to get this taking care of. Again I looked at some reviews. They look like people are trying to be indirectly to consumers. Like the lady who said I HAVE BAD CREDIT SO I SHOULD DEAL WITH IT...That's something a company would say to a consumer indirectly. Trying to act like they are the customer when they are not.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

This company will rake you over the coals. When I traded my truck in they quoted the finance guy at the dealership a payoff and when they sent the pay off they returned the check and said it wasn’t enough. The customer service sucks at the Killeen office and at the executive customer service office. They were charging 20% interest even though my credit was good. Do not use this company because they will rob you for everything you have and then some.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

A bunch of heartless crooks. They are very greedy. They are charging you a very high interest rate which is not enough because then they also charge you a $200 processing fee. They need us more than we need them. Went to a credit union and everything is great. This company hire CROOKS. They are surely not looking out for us.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Provided me a qualified report based on a $13000 loan at a 5 year term and rate and then when went to complete paperwork and provide my pay slips they reduced the amount. Wanted to put notes on both my vehicles and increase the rate to over 30%. I want to call Experian and bitch about their tactics through their site. They provided much of my data to these turds. I really dislike this crap. Trying to find a solution only to be screwed over and damaged by them pulling my credit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneMain Financial?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I called them because i was pre approved for a loan. All they were worried about was getting my vin number to my vehicle. They weren't explaining nothing at all to me on why they need my vehicle info. He said they can possibly pay it off and give me my 4000 loan and make my payments the same and I can pay it off in 6 years. No way. This is totally a scam. The person was so rude whoever I was talking to. Do not do it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I just want consumers to know that One Main loan company is a rip off. I took this revolving loan out in 1996 for 15,000.00. At the same time I took out a 15 year home equity loan of $80,000.00. I'm almost finish with paying that loan off and is yet to see a dent in the loan I took out with One Main financial. I need someone to investigate them and find out why I have not seen any change in the amount I borrowed. Something is not right.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

They sent an app for an unsecured loan of $15,000. I didn't need it, I work for a good paying company so I could usually take care of my own things, however I was buying my son a car I saw on a site for his birthday/Christmas gift. Nothing special, just a reliable good first car, so I decided ok a small maybe $3000 loan would be ok, Pay it off in couple months of overtime. They kept asking for this paper or that document, of which by the time they kept running it was dropping my score each time. Then after a headache and a run around they said no like 3 weeks later. Basing it ONLY on 1 income source, when I have 3 others and the fact They ran my info so many times it was a fiasco. I called my credit union which I should've done since the beginning. Don't trust this mess, Go to a reputable lender.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

They made my experience very smooth, easy and worked with me to get the loan approved. Best experience ever with a lending company. I will go back again if I ever need another loan. I highly recommend contacting OneMain Financial for all of your Loan needs.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I took out a loan with OMF last july. It was quick but they gave me 31% apr on an 8k loan payable in 5 yrs! I asked it to be in 2 yrs but they refused. They said my monthly payment is 250 a month so i gave in. But then it turned out to be 315 monthly because they said the interest is DAILY! So if i paid it for 5 yrs it would be 18600 total! They live up to their name of being loan sharks! Also, they took out almost 1k for that loan as fees. I paid for 4 months total of 1300 but my loan balance was still 7760. Out of 1300, only 300 was credited to my loan???? Siyet!

OneMain Financial Company Information

Public
        Ticker Symbol:
        OMF
        1912
        Formerly Named:
        Springleaf
        NTBS-2320 6801 Colwell Blvd.
        Irving